PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues Is Israel set to attack Iran???

petegz28
09-17-2009, 04:31 PM
Was listening to Savage a few min ago in the car and he said something that makes a lot of sense. Bebe Netenyahu secretly met with Russia last week. Now suddenly, Obama is taking down the propsosed missile shield plan. Couple that with fact that Iran has a nuke going public and the stage is set.

It is very logical to deduce that Obama removing the proposed missle shield was part of an agreement for Russia to "OK" Israel taking out Iran's reactors and such.

Only time will tell but Savage has a pretty theory there.

patteeu
09-17-2009, 04:57 PM
My guess is yes.

Taco John
09-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Let me guess. It's going to happen within two weeks.

petegz28
09-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Let me guess. It's going to happen within two weeks.

Why would you say that?

KILLER_CLOWN
09-17-2009, 05:02 PM
I hope not, I would like to avoid WW III.

Taco John
09-17-2009, 05:05 PM
WWIII? I thought we were on WWIIX by now. Krauthammer failed me!

BucEyedPea
09-17-2009, 05:36 PM
Intelligence Agencies Say No New Nukes in Iran (http://www.newsweek.com/id/215529)

The U.S. intelligence community is reporting to the White House that Iran has not restarted its nuclear-weapons development program, two counterproliferation officials tell NEWSWEEK. U.S. agencies had previously said that Tehran halted the program in 2003.

The officials, who asked for anonymity when discussing sensitive information, said that U.S. intelligence agencies have informed policymakers at the White House and other agencies that the status of Iranian work on development and production of a nuclear bomb has not changed since the formal National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) on Iran's "Nuclear Intentions and Capabilities" in November 2007. Public portions of that report stated that U.S. intelligence agencies had "high confidence" that, as of early 2003, Iranian military units were pursuing development of a nuclear bomb, but that in the fall of that year Iran "halted its nuclear weapons program." The document said that while U.S. agencies believed the Iranian government "at a minimum is keeping open the option to develop nuclear weapons," U.S. intelligence as of mid-2007 still had "moderate confidence" that it had not restarted weapons-development efforts.

One of the two officials said that the Obama administration has now worked out a system in which intelligence agencies provide top policymakers, including the president, with regular updates on intelligence judgments like the conclusions in the 2007 Iran NIE. According to the two officials, the latest update to policymakers has been that as of now—two years after the period covered by the 2007 NIE—U.S. intelligence agencies still believe Iran has not resumed nuclear-weapons development work. "That's the conclusion, but it's one that—like every other—is constantly checked and reassessed, both to take account of new information and to test old assumptions," one of the officials told NEWSWEEK. It is not clear whether U.S. agencies' confidence in this judgment has grown at all since the 2007 statement.

This latest U.S. intelligence-community assessment is potentially controversial for several reasons, not the least of which is that it is at odds with more alarming assessments propounded by key U.S. allies, most notably Israel. Officials of Israel's conservative-led government have been delivering increasingly dire assessments of Iran’s nuclear progress and have leaked shrill threats about a possible Israeli military attack on Iranian nuclear facilities.

more in link

memyselfI
09-17-2009, 06:16 PM
I hope not, I would like to avoid WW III.

ding, ding, ding...we have a winner.

RJ
09-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Ask tfg.

petegz28
09-17-2009, 06:24 PM
ding, ding, ding...we have a winner.

If Russia bought off on this then the chances of WWIII are slim. It would probably be a tactical strike agains the reactors. Much like what happened with Iraq in the 80's.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-17-2009, 06:27 PM
I believe according to the Nuclear non proliferation treaty that the US is supposed to help build the Nuclear Reactors for energy so why are we not there? Seems to me that would be the best way to make sure that it's used for energy and not weapons.

AndChiefs
09-17-2009, 06:30 PM
WWIII? I thought we were on WWIIX by now. Krauthammer failed me!

Is IIX a number? ;)

Saul Good
09-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Is IIX a number? ;)

No, but WWWIIX is.

patteeu
09-17-2009, 07:10 PM
WWIIX

WTF is that? LOL

Direckshun
09-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Was listening to Savage a few min ago in the car and he said something that makes a lot of sense.

ROFL

Saul Good
09-17-2009, 07:43 PM
ROFL

Savage is a nut, but he has his moments when he's dead on. I'm not saying that this is one of them, but he has his moments.

Direckshun
09-17-2009, 07:44 PM
Savage is a nut, but he has his moments when he's dead on. I'm not saying that this is one of them, but he has his moments.

So does a stopped clock.

Of which he's about as reliable.

petegz28
09-17-2009, 07:56 PM
So does a stopped clock.

Of which he's about as reliable.

This coming from the guy who said the debate over health care was "dead" 2 months ago.

Direckshun
09-17-2009, 08:01 PM
You know this is what Savage does, right?

He finds about a half-dozen loose ends, arranges them solidly around a left-field theory usually involving an impending war or a religious crusade or a message from God, rinses and repeats.

See this is exactly what my other thread about conservative talk radio is all about. You personally described these talk hosts as mere "entertainers" but you honestly do take these people seriously. This thread is proof.

Direckshun
09-17-2009, 08:06 PM
You laughed at me, too, for imagining these guys were serious commentators for conservatives.

Two days later you barge into this forum with this topic, Savage thinks the world is enabling an Israeli full-frontal assault in the Middle East.

I fucking love DC.

tyson
09-17-2009, 08:06 PM
anyone who doesnt research an issue really doesnt care about but loves to comment on it

petegz28
09-17-2009, 08:46 PM
You laughed at me, too, for imagining these guys were serious commentators for conservatives.

Two days later you barge into this forum with this topic, Savage thinks the world is enabling an Israeli full-frontal assault in the Middle East.

I ****ing love DC.

I said it was a plausible theory given the circumstances. JFC, you are such the idiot anymore. And could you exagerate anymore aout the "full frontal assault" BS?

Stick to kissing Pelosi's ass, it's what you do best.

petegz28
09-17-2009, 08:49 PM
You know this is what Savage does, right?

He finds about a half-dozen loose ends, arranges them solidly around a left-field theory usually involving an impending war or a religious crusade or a message from God, rinses and repeats.

See this is exactly what my other thread about conservative talk radio is all about. You personally described these talk hosts as mere "entertainers" but you honestly do take these people seriously. This thread is proof.

Yea, you're right, I take him seriously. I pimp his BS everyday. The man comes up with a plausible theory and you get all bent out of shape.

You're a ****ing schill and a sellout. You put your party above everything. If Obama told you to bend over and let him shove his cock up your ass you would grab your ankles and beg for it.

Stick to being Pelosi's tampon.

Brock
09-17-2009, 08:51 PM
"He said something interesting I'd like to comment on" = "You want to marry him and have like ten thousand of his babies" /Direckshun

max sleeper
09-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Was listening to Savage a few min ago in the car and he said something that makes a lot of sense. Bebe Netenyahu secretly met with Russia last week. Now suddenly, Obama is taking down the propsosed missile shield plan. Couple that with fact that Iran has a nuke going public and the stage is set.

It is very logical to deduce that Obama removing the proposed missle shield was part of an agreement for Russia to "OK" Israel taking out Iran's reactors and such.

Only time will tell but Savage has a pretty theory there.

Try thinking for yourself! Let it go... these radio heads are controlling you. You and your kind are running the conservative movement and the republican party down the drain. I know you need the attention and all but come on!? Go Chiefs!

petegz28
09-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Try thinking for yourself! Let it go... these radio heads are controlling you. You and your kind are running the conservative movement and the republican party down the drain. I know you need the attention and all but come on!? Go Chiefs!

STFU you idiot. You don't know jack shit of what the fuck you are even talking about.

Me and my kind? Me and my kind aren't Republicans you fucking moron.

Direckshun
09-17-2009, 10:02 PM
JFC, you are such the idiot anymore.

Stick to kissing Pelosi's ass, it's what you do best.

You're a ****ing schill and a sellout. You put your party above everything. If Obama told you to bend over and let him shove his cock up your ass you would grab your ankles and beg for it.

Stick to being Pelosi's tampon.

Your evolution on this board has been nothing short of adorable.

Direckshun
09-17-2009, 10:03 PM
"He said something interesting I'd like to comment on" = "You want to marry him and have like ten thousand of his babies" /Direckshun

The more Pete changes, the more Brock stays the same.

Brock
09-17-2009, 10:07 PM
The more Pete changes, the more Brock stays the same.

Thanks for the view from the dorm room.

Direckshun
09-17-2009, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the view from the dorm room.

Well I could sit here and cast aspersions all day, but the leper colony probably doesn't appreciate you hogging the computer.

max sleeper
09-17-2009, 10:58 PM
STFU you idiot. You don't know jack shit of what the **** you are even talking about.

Me and my kind? Me and my kind aren't Republicans you ****ing moron.

Well @ least Republicans have THAT going for them!:clap: But you are conservative? Or @ least claim to be? You need some term to define you! So you stick to that! I bet they listen to you and tell you that you are special!ROFL Oh... notice a response can be done without cussing! Go Chiefs!

petegz28
09-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Well @ least Republicans have THAT going for them!:clap: But you are conservative? Or @ least claim to be? You need some term to define you! So you stick to that! I bet they listen to you and tell you that you are special!ROFL Oh... notice a response can be done without cussing! Go Chiefs!

Perhaps you could have a post where you don't say such stupid things?

patteeu
09-18-2009, 04:26 AM

petegz28 isn't a movement conservative. He's more like CP's own personal Bill O'Reilly or Lou Dobbs. He's anti-ideological, self-important and wrong almost as much as he's right (but loveable nonetheless). To accuse him of not thinking for himself is ridiculous. He thinks for himself a little too much if you ask me. He could benefit if he let Rush Limbaugh think for him a little more, IMO. :Poke:

petegz28
09-18-2009, 07:01 AM
petegz28 isn't a movement conservative. He's more like CP's own personal Bill O'Reilly or Lou Dobbs. He's anti-ideological, self-important and wrong almost as much as he's right (but loveable nonetheless). To accuse him of not thinking for himself is ridiculous. He thinks for himself a little too much if you ask me. He could benefit if he let Rush Limbaugh think for him a little more, IMO. :Poke:

:toast:

Direckshun
09-18-2009, 12:26 PM
petegz28 isn't a movement conservative. He's more like CP's own personal Bill O'Reilly or Lou Dobbs. He's anti-ideological, self-important and wrong almost as much as he's right (but loveable nonetheless). To accuse him of not thinking for himself is ridiculous. He thinks for himself a little too much if you ask me. He could benefit if he let Rush Limbaugh think for him a little more, IMO.

He's about two parts Bill O'Reilly, one part tea party protestor.

That's about how I'd frame it.

***SPRAYER
09-23-2009, 10:21 AM
http://palwatch.org/main.aspx?fi=472&fld_id=473&doc_id=1340