PDA

View Full Version : Obama Birther Lawsuit gets the SMACKDOWN

NewChief
09-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Oh lord. This is just hilarious:
http://ia311029.us.archive.org/1/items/gov.uscourts.gamd.77605/gov.uscourts.gamd.77605.17.0.pdf

Contemplating laying a $10k fine on the lawyer for bringing this frivolous tripe to the courts.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-18-2009, 09:00 PM
Orly?

WilliamTheIrish
09-19-2009, 10:04 AM
Orly?

Taintz?

alnorth
09-19-2009, 10:34 AM
In another amusing twist, apparently her client never authorized (http://washingtonindependent.com/60122/orly-taitzs-client-files-a-complaint-against-her) the appeal, and didnt like the political rhetoric in the original filing. The captain behind all this wrote the court saying she is going to Iraq, asked they ignore any future motions from this lawyer, and plans to complain to the California State Bar.

|Zach|
09-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Weird, sportsshrink usually keeps us updated on this.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-19-2009, 11:17 AM
Taitz is a loose cannon, the real lawsuits are being filed by Phillip J. Berg Esquire http://obamacrimes.com/ is his website.

NewChief
09-19-2009, 11:17 AM
Weird, sportsshrink usually keeps us updated on this.

I know. For all the thousands and thousands of posts we've had in various threads leading up to this momentous, landmark decision when we find out our President isn't really our President... Now that the decision finally comes, no one seems to care.

ROFL

NewChief
09-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Taitz is a loose cannon, the real lawsuits are being filed by Phillip J. Berg Esquire http://obamacrimes.com/ is his website.

Phillip J. Berg will get the same smackdown, seriously.

NewChief
09-19-2009, 11:19 AM

Okay. Looked at the website, and now I'm convinced that Obama isn't really from the US. I think it was the rapidly flashing red text on a yellow background that did it for me.

T-post Tom
09-19-2009, 11:21 AM

There are no real lawsuits here. These clowns should be forced to pay ALL court costs for bringing frivolous lawsuits.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Okay. Looked at the website, and now I'm convinced that Obama isn't really from the US. I think it was the rapidly flashing red text on a yellow background that did it for me.

Who is Philip J. Berg

Philip J. Berg (born April 13, 1944) of Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania, USA, is a former deputy attorney general of Pennsylvania [1] and an activist attorney who brought a RICO lawsuit charging president George W. Bush and 154 others with complicity in the 9/11 attacks, and another suit challenging the eligibility of Barack Obama to become President of the United States.

Berg has involved himself with several controversial political cases. In 2001 he demanded the disbarment of U.S. Supreme Court Justices Sandra Day O'Connor, Antonin Scalia, and Clarence Thomas due to their participation in the case Bush v. Gore.[2] In 2004, Berg filed a Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) lawsuit on behalf of a World Trade Center maintenance worker against President George W. Bush and others alleging that the Bush and certain government officials conspired to bring about the September 11, 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center.[3] The federal district court dismissed the suit. He challenged President George W. Bush on his right to conduct a war against terror and another against Saddam Hussein with only a congressional authorization.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_J._Berg

NewChief
09-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Who is Philip J. Berg

Philip J. Berg (born April 13, 1944) of Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania, USA, is a former deputy attorney general of Pennsylvania [1] and an activist attorney who brought a RICO lawsuit charging president George W. Bush and 154 others with complicity in the 9/11 attacks, and another suit challenging the eligibility of Barack Obama to become President of the United States.

Berg has involved himself with several controversial political cases. In 2001 he demanded the disbarment of U.S. Supreme Court Justices Sandra Day O'Connor, Antonin Scalia, and Clarence Thomas due to their participation in the case Bush v. Gore.[2] In 2004, Berg filed a Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) lawsuit on behalf of a World Trade Center maintenance worker against President George W. Bush and others alleging that the Bush and certain government officials conspired to bring about the September 11, 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center.[3] The federal district court dismissed the suit. He challenged President George W. Bush on his right to conduct a war against terror and another against Saddam Hussein with only a congressional authorization.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_J._Berg

Stellar track record. Did you put all your money on the Lions to make it to the Superbowl this year, too? While he isn't busy losing legal cases, he should probably take a continuing education course in website design. It's also telling that the other person who filed was the "loose cannon" but this guy is the "serious" one.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Stellar track record. Did you put all your money on the Lions to make it to the Superbowl this year, too? While he isn't busy losing legal cases, he should probably take a continuing education course in website design. It's also telling that the other person who filed was the "loose cannon" but this guy is the "serious" one.

The point is Why did Obama order all of his records sealed? He could end this anytime, i haven't heard a peep about the answer to this question.

NewChief
09-19-2009, 11:35 AM
The point is Why did Obama order all of his records sealed? He could end this anytime, i haven't heard a peep about the answer to this question.

How is that the point when it wasn't anywhere in your previous posts? Non-sequiter anyone?

KILLER_CLOWN
09-19-2009, 11:41 AM
How is that the point when it wasn't anywhere in your previous posts? Non-sequiter anyone?

This is what a supposed "birther" is made of, someone who wants transparency is demonized as such.

WoodDraw
09-19-2009, 11:48 AM
Yikes. You don't see Rule 11 sanctions too often.

The best part:

Although the First Amendment may allow Plaintiff’s counsel to make
these wild accusations on her blog or in her press conferences, the
federal courts are reserved for hearing genuine legal disputes and
not as a platform for political rhetoric that is disconnected from
any legitimate legal cause of action.

RINGLEADER
09-19-2009, 08:32 PM
How did they "plant" the contemporaneous reporting of the birth of baby Barack back in 1961?

Until someone can logically explain that one away you have to ask what all the hub-bub is about???

BucEyedPea
09-19-2009, 08:33 PM
How did they "plant" the contemporaneous reporting of the birth of baby Barack back in 1961?

Until someone can logically explain that one away you have to ask what all the hub-bub is about???

That's what convinced me he was born in Hawaii.

orange
09-19-2009, 09:11 PM

This is what a supposed "birther" is made of, someone who wants transparency is demonized as such.

Why should he take a single extra step that previous presidents didn't?

What makes Obama uniquely required to over-prove his citizenship?

What-oh-what is different about this president? :hmmm:

KILLER_CLOWN
09-19-2009, 09:20 PM

I'm not aware of previous presidents sealing their records.

RJ
09-19-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm not aware of previous presidents sealing their records.

DUDE!!!!!!!!!

orange
10-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Judge sanctions ‘birther’ attorney
Judge slaps Orly Taitz with $20,000 fine for filing “frivolous” lawsuits.
updated 2:49 p.m. MT, Wed., Oct . 14, 2009

COLUMBUS, Ga. - A federal judge fined a leader of the movement challenging President Barack Obama's citizenship and warned her against using the legal system to pursue "political rhetoric and insults."

U.S. District Judge Clay D. Land's scathing 43-page order Tuesday said California lawyer and dentist Orly Taitz filed "frivolous" litigation and attempted to misuse the federal courts to push a political agenda.

Taitz, a leader of the so-called birther movement, sued in Georgia federal court on behalf of Army Capt. Connie Rhodes. Rhodes sought to avoid deployment to Iraq by claiming Obama wasn't born in the U.S. and that he was "an illegal usurper, unlawful pretender and unqualified impostor."

Land, appointed in 2001 by President George W. Bush, had already dismissed the lawsuit, but Taitz continued filing motions. He said he fined her $20,000 "as a deterrent to prevent future misconduct and to protect the integrity of the court."

"The absolute absence of any legitimate legal argument, combined with the political diatribe in her motions, demonstrates that Ms. Taitz's purpose is to advance a political agenda and not to pursue a legitimate legal cause of action," Land wrote.

He added that while Taitz's speech is protected by the U.S. Constitution, "the federal courts are reserved for hearing genuine legal disputes, not as a platform for political rhetoric and insults."

Taitz told The Daily Report that Land's order is "an absolute outrage."

"All I can say is that this order is issued with a goal to intimidate me, harass me and retaliate against me for bringing a legitimate action on behalf of my client," she said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33315604/ns/politics-more_politics

Mr. Kotter
10-14-2009, 10:48 PM
As it ought to be--except the judge ought to triple the fine...friggin' morons. :rolleyes:

patteeu
10-15-2009, 12:29 AM

He shouldn't have to. Why doesn't he?

Amnorix
10-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Orly is this >< close to getting disbarred, which would serve her right. I also look forward to her paying the $10K. ROFL

KILLER_CLOWN
10-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Orly is this >< close to getting disbarred, which would serve her right. I also look forward to her paying the $10K. ROFL

She's a dentist not a lawyer.

***SPRAYER
10-16-2009, 07:23 AM
down the memory hole

http://www.moonbattery.com/obama-kenyan-born.jpg

Amnorix
10-16-2009, 07:41 AM
She's a dentist not a lawyer.

:shrug: She's a member of the California bar, and that makes her a lawyer. An unfortunate fact, to be sure, and she's a half-wit, half-baked pathetic excuse for a lawyer. But a lawyer nonetheless.

***SPRAYER
10-16-2009, 01:28 PM
http://www.modernghana.com/news2/189461/1/americans-decide-today-go-obama.html

Amnorix
10-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Well, clearly if the Modern Ghana Times or whatever says it, then it MUST be true...