PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I don't want to hear any bitching about Cassel

Pages : [1] 2 3

Claynus
09-20-2009, 02:14 PM
That motherfucker puts the ball in the right spots, goes through his progressions like a genius, takes hits like a champ and keeps coming back for more. I don't care that he tossed two picks. He's rusty as hell, and one was a ball that was overthrown by the tiniest of margins. Who the fuck calls a seam route to a 5-8 running back, anyway?

Cassel is the least of our problems. If we get a deep receiver worth a shit and some protection, he'll be worth every penny of his contract.

For chrissakes, Cassel shouldn't be throwing to bums like Jake O'Connell. Fuck.

If you bitch about Cassel, you are a fucking moron.

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2009, 02:15 PM
That motherfucker puts the ball in the right spots, takes hits like a champ and keeps coming back for more. I don't care that he tossed two picks. He's rusty as hell, and one was a ball that was overthrown by the tiniest of margins. Who the fuck calls a seam route to a 5-8 running back, anyway?

Cassel is the least of our problems. If we get a deep receiver worth a shit and some protection, he'll be worth every penny of his contract.

i agree with ya here clay.

suds79
09-20-2009, 02:15 PM
So to bitch about that pass to Savage just before half would be moronic?

Yeah you're wrong.

Not saying this is on Cassel. But not his shining moment.... Have to throw that pass in the endzone.

Unfortunately, there's blame all over on this team.

Reaper16
09-20-2009, 02:16 PM
I mostly agree, but Cassel did have a terrible game. He wasn't accurate and he wasn't mentally prepared to play.

KC kid
I agree. This is not on cassel

Claynus

He hasn't played in three weeks. Mistakes are going to happen.

He is everything I have ever wanted in a quarterback. That pass to Bowe was fucking PERFECT.

Fuck, he didn't even slide on that scramble near the end. WARRIOR.

oaklandhater
09-20-2009, 02:17 PM

Yeah you're wrong.

Not saying this is on Cassel. But not his shining moment.... Have to throw that pass in the endzone.

I dont think cassel is a shitty QB but right now i would rather have sanchez and a 2nd round pick the trade look's shittyer and shittyer.

Claynus
I mostly agree, but Cassel did have a terrible game. He wasn't accurate and he wasn't mentally prepared to play.

Oh bullshit. He threw a few bad passes. HE HASN'T PLAYED IN THREE WEEKS!

He put the ball in tight spots most of the time. Tyler Thigpen he ain't.

dirk digler
I didn't see the first INT and the second INT was a laser pass that Huff just made a great play.

That pass at the end of the first half cost us the game

chiefbowe82
i thought cassel played pretty darn well, not his fault the wrs can't catch, the oline can't block, we're stupid, and commit penaltys...sure he had a couple mistakes of his own

Claynus
09-20-2009, 02:18 PM
I didn't see the first INT and the second INT was a laser pass that Huff just made a great play.

That pass at the end of the first half cost us the game

Please. Our shitty ass pass rush cost us the game.

And our terrible offensive line.

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2009, 02:18 PM
how many yards came back on completed passes that had penalties?

Marcellus
09-20-2009, 02:19 PM

Yeah you're wrong.

Yea you can bitch about that but all in all he showed me alot today. Those that say we win with Croyle have no proof to back that up.

Cassel scrambled many times and stood in the pocket and shrugged of tacklers. Things Croyle wouldn't have done.

He also has a better arm than advertised. He looked a little rusty at times but played well enough to give us alead with less than 3 minutes left.

We lost the game due to penalties i really bad play on offense at the end of the half and the passing Defense folding at the end.

Didn't go down as many people expected in any way shape or form.

LaChapelle
This is better than the outcome most predicted. Still have too much emotion invested in this game when should have know better.

dirk digler

Ok it was one of 3 things that cost us this game. But it was a horrible horrible decision

Fruit Ninja
Cassel was inconsistent. He played ok at times and other times its like wtf. Not going to pin it on him. He did make some poor throws that lead to interceptions though. THey were 100 percent on him.

I just dont kow why we stopped fucking blitzing at the end. We did it for the first few plays it was working the stopped.

DeezNutz

This is accurate.

The bullshit fluffing in this thread is not.

Mecca
09-20-2009, 02:20 PM
If you're going to defend him after that one, you'll never think he plays a bad game basically.

RedNeckRaider
09-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Compared to Russell today he looked AllPro. He made some great plays today and two bad ones. He missed his read on one pick the other was just a great play. The 2nd bad play was he should have thrown the ball away at the end of the half. Overall he looks like a leader and looks promising to me. The Chiefs are young and will take their lumps this year however they have found a QB IMO and that is more than I can say for the Raiders.

Marcellus
09-20-2009, 02:21 PM

Wrong. He missed a couple passes but he was accurate 90% of his throws or more.

You can knock his decision on a couple throws but not really his accuracy.

Claynus
09-20-2009, 02:21 PM
This is accurate.

Whatever you agenda-driven douchebag.

Cassel did exactly what Ben Roethlisberger did on that touchdown drive - make fucking plays in the clutch.

Marcellus
09-20-2009, 02:22 PM
If you're going to defend him after that one, you'll never think he plays a bad game basically.

Your a fucking asshat. You couldn't have been more wrong about how the game was going to play out and now your gonna just bash Cassel. STFU

Claynus

Oh, here we go. Mecca, Hamas, OTWP58 and Deez are now going to be out in full force. SANCHEZ! SANCHEZ! PIOLI SUCKS THE PENIS!

What a load of crap.

JASONSAUTO

are you fucking kidding me? the guy put us in a position to win the fucking game when it was on the line, hell even had us UP with 2:10 left. the defense let us down

Mecca
09-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Your a fucking asshat. You couldn't have been more wrong about how the game was going to play out and now your gonna just bash Cassel. STFU

Chill out dude, he played a blah game, he left points on the board at the end of the half and threw another pick at the goaline.

He also holds onto the ball forever.

cdcox
09-20-2009, 02:23 PM
GoChiefs, I'm not any where near ready to throw Cassel under the bus. But "the mistakes are going to happen" and "he did great on play X" won't cut it. He's got to play more consistently than he did in this game, and soon. A few dumbass plays here, bad accuracy there, a bad INT that kills a drive there, and you lose the Raiders. Not saying it was all on him, but he didn't play well enough for us to win.

We need better players around him, which won't happen until next season. He doesn't have that long to lift his game.

JuicesFlowing
09-20-2009, 02:24 PM
That mother****er puts the ball in the right spots, goes through his progressions like a genius, takes hits like a champ and keeps coming back for more. I don't care that he tossed two picks. He's rusty as hell, and one was a ball that was overthrown by the tiniest of margins. Who the **** calls a seam route to a 5-8 running back, anyway?

For chrissakes, Cassel shouldn't be throwing to bums like Jake O'Connell. ****.

If you bitch about Cassel, you are a ****ing moron.

Agreed ... really liked his game today.

DeezNutz
Whatever you agenda-driven douchebag.

Cassel did exactly what Ben Roethlisberger did on that touchdown drive - make ****ing plays in the clutch.

LMAO.

I have no agenda.

Clutch? Like the end of the first half? And putting Cassel in the same sentence as Roethlisberger.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Chocolate Hog
Oh great all the true fans are coming out like fags at a rally in San Fransico.

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Chill out dude, he played a blah game, he left points on the board at the end of the half and threw another pick at the goaline.

he hadnt played in three weeks. remember this raiders team made rivers look not so good last week

Reaper16
Oh, here we go. Mecca, Hamas, OTWP58 and Deez are now going to be out in full force. SANCHEZ! SANCHEZ! PIOLI SUCKS THE PENIS!

What a load of crap.
I think that its reasonable to say that Cassel had a bad game while at the same time not saying that Cassel is a complete bust. There are shades of gray in this discussion.

Bane
That mother****er puts the ball in the right spots, goes through his progressions like a genius, takes hits like a champ and keeps coming back for more. I don't care that he tossed two picks. He's rusty as hell, and one was a ball that was overthrown by the tiniest of margins. Who the **** calls a seam route to a 5-8 running back, anyway?

He's a fuggn bum.Case closed.

Mecca
No one is going to throw him under the bus but this idea that you can't even point out how up and down he was and how he made decisions that left points on the field is pretty stupid.

A couple bad decisions is the difference in winning and losing.

BigVE

Yet, we will keep bringing in WR after WR. I know there isn't much to choose from out there but we HAVE to generate more pressure on the QB. If Russell was even half way decent they would have beat us by 3 scores easily.

DeezNutz
09-20-2009, 02:26 PM
I think that its reasonable to say that Cassel had a bad game while at the same time not saying that Cassel is a complete bust. There are shades of gray in this discussion.

NO!

Effective argumentation must always create a false binary.

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2009, 02:26 PM
No one is going to throw him under the bus but this idea that you can't even point out how up and down he was and how he made decisions that left points on the field is pretty stupid.

you are right and them REFS sure made their share today

JuicesFlowing
09-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Your a ****ing asshat. You couldn't have been more wrong about how the game was going to play out and now your gonna just bash Cassel. STFU

Well, Mr. All-World Football Knowledge knows everything! He's a critic. HE passes judgment ... and then he bitches when his USC team loses that others "rail on him" ....

Claynus

The guy is in way over his head. A lesser quarterback throws five picks today. He had to claw and scrap on every snap to move the football.

Chocolate Hog

1 minute left and 3 timeouts. This confirms he's not an elite QB he'll need alot of talent around him. It'll take 3 years to get championship quality talent around him.

Mecca
It Cassel just makes sound decisions at the end of the half and when they were I believe around the 30 the Chiefs likely win this game....

Those 2 plays were the game.

cdcox

What a load of crap.

Heh, look who brought up Sanchez. The comparisons are going to be made, and it's all on Cassel to lift his game.

Bane

Your new god made 3-4 good throws,about 5 more that should have been intercepted,and he fuggn blows....

Claynus
I have no agenda.

Yes you do. All you douchebags have been anti-Cassel since the trade.

DeezNutz
09-20-2009, 02:28 PM
http://bigpicture.typepad.com/comments/images/2007/07/26/bagdad_bob_large.gif

Cassel was extremely effective and played a great game.

oaklandhater

What a load of crap.

whats it going to take Gochiefs does Sanchez have to win 3 fooking Superbowls in a row before you pioli Fan boy's pull your head's out of you asses and admit it was a stupid ass trade......

Claynus
Heh, look who brought up Sanchez. The comparisons are going to be made, and it's all on Cassel to lift his game.

Count Sanchez among the quarterbacks who would have gotten his shit fucked up today behind the Chiefs' line.

JASONSAUTO
It Cassel just makes sound decisions at the end of the half and when they were I believe around the 30 the Chiefs likely win this game....

yep because they dont play 2nd halves anymore:rolleyes:

Mecca
1 minute left and 3 timeouts. This confirms he's not an elite QB he'll need alot of talent around him. It'll take 3 years to get championship quality talent around him.

That first playcall was fine if they were going to call TO right after but they let 20 seconds run off which made no sense to me not only that he threw the ball to well nobody but defenders on the next play.

Bane

Yeah like NOT dump off to your Rb with not shot of getting out of bounds!! Brilliant!!!

TRR

WOW! Just wow! The guy ran for his life, made the plays when he had to, all while playing on a sore knee. His two INT's? They happen. He fought through it and made a should-be game winning throw.

You might as well just go root for another team...

dirk digler

I agree. Cassel is going to be ok we just need to fix the O-Line and get some WR's among other things.

milkman

Cassel didn't play a bad game.

He did make 3 or 4 bad decisions, but to call that a bad game does show a lack of objectivity.

DeezNutz

Not hardly.

Didn't want the trade, but once it was made, we have to move on. Cassel needs to be the man.

oaklandhater
09-20-2009, 02:29 PM

it was a shit trade before becuase it killed our draft vaule now it is starting to look like a really shitty trade......

'Hamas' Jenkins
That motherfucker puts the ball in the right spots, goes through his progressions like a genius, takes hits like a champ and keeps coming back for more. I don't care that he tossed two picks. He's rusty as hell, and one was a ball that was overthrown by the tiniest of margins. Who the fuck calls a seam route to a 5-8 running back, anyway?

You do realize that he was constantly staring his primary read down, right? That's why Huff jumped that square in to Wade. If Cassel looked him off, that pick doesn't happen.

He made some good throws, and some really bad throws. He made some good decisions, some bad decisions. He showed good pocket awareness, and bad pocket awareness.

It was a mixed bag.

The foolishness is putting all your eggs in his basket when you already owned his rights for two years b/c of the CBA.

Mecca
yep because they dont play 2nd halves anymore:rolleyes:

The 2nd decision came in the 2nd half....

Claynus

The game never comes down to two plays.

Over 60 fucking plays our defense barely even sniffed the quarterback.

Pablo

A couple bad decisions is the difference in winning and losing.Pretty much. We had some pretty terrible play on all fronts, but you expect your QB to step up and make better decisions in pressure situations. It may just be bench-rust; and he'll definitely be put through the ringer the next 5 weeks. I'm just glad that he seems to be well composed mentally and probably won't let this game fuck up his preparation for the murderous schedule he's about to face.

We'll know by the bye what Cassel is all about.

oaklandhater

He did make 3 or 4 bad decisions, but to call that a bad game does show a lack of objectivity.

how many INT's does he have to pass before its a bad game 5-6?????

KC kid
We win this game if flowers can catch a gimme pick 6

Deberg_1990
09-20-2009, 02:30 PM
We got beat by a QB with a 29% completion pct and 46 QB rating. ROFL

We are the Lions of the AFC.

JASONSAUTO
WOW! Just wow! The guy ran for his life, made the plays when he had to, all while playing on a sore knee. His two INT's? They happen. He fought through it and made a should-be game winning throw.

yep.

Kerberos
Isn't the WHOLE Gawdamn offense still learning a WHOLE Gawdamned new system that Haley just put in after axing Gailey?

I don't expect them to really make big strides for another couple of games. Most teams use spring practice and most of training camp to learn ONE offense and Todd scrapped the one they had for his own with two weeks left in Training camp. You could see the confusion.

I see big things for this offense once they actually acclimate to it and run it like Todd wants it run.

Claynus
You do realize that he was constantly staring his primary read down, right?

You've got to be joking me. Watch the replays. Cassel was moving his head constantly. On his first pick his first read was off to the left side of the field, then he moved his head to the middle of the field.

No question whatsoever. Don't make me gif you up.

Bane
I agree. Cassel is going to be ok we just need to fix the O-Line and get some WR's among other things.

Maybe so but blaming the whole game on everyone else is just silly.

RedThat

The commenters were commenting on that last play in the half where he threw it to savage. Clearly, that ball shoul've been thrown out of bounds. That ended up being the difference in the game right there.

Marcellus

You chill out. Just because I'm not willing to put this all on Cassel doesn't mean I wont ever think he had a bad game.

the same idiots who will say you can't blame last weeks game on the offense that didn't move the ball will now say the defense folding in the last drive wasn't the main reason for the loss.

We outplayed the Raiders in every aspect but points and there are several to blame for that.

Last week we got our ass handed to us except on points and everybody cried it was luck, luck. Now we outplay a team except for points and lose and its because were a bunch of no talent losers.

It don't work both ways.

Where is all the screaming about Oaklands powerful running game and lines?

Fuck I am pissed as hell we lost but because of the way we lost.

The 2 burnt timeouts contributed, penalties were a huge issue, and a few missed plays.

All in all we fucked up but played well 90% of the game. But hey lets throw the baby out with the bath water.

Mecca
09-20-2009, 02:31 PM

It's a mixed bag for every good play there's a bad one, I'm not going to sit here and act like that was an awesome performance if we want to be a good team he has to be better than that.

Shag

ROFL One drive is all it takes? The guy has very little talent around him now, and he's already condemned after one game... ROFL ROFL

Pablo
You do realize that he was constantly staring his primary read down, right? That's why Huff jumped that square in to Wade. If Cassel looked him off, that pick doesn't happen.

I want a gif of that play Claythan because I'm pretty sure he went through his reads on that particular play. I could be wrong, but I really don't think he was staring him down on that INT.

Claynus

This.

'Hamas' Jenkins

See, here's the flaw in your logic.

The alternative wasn't Tyler Thigpen. This trade comes down to whether you wanted:

A) Matt Cassel and Tyson Jackson for 120 million

or

B) Mark Sanchez and Ray Mauluga/Eben Britton/Ron Brace for 70 million.

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2009, 02:32 PM
It's a mixed bag for every good play there's a bad one, I'm not going to sit here and act like that was an awesome performance if we want to be a good team he has to be better than that.

it wasnt 50-50 BY FAR.

oaklandhater
Pretty much. We had some pretty terrible play on all fronts, but you expect your QB to step up and make better decisions in pressure situations. It may just be bench-rust; and he'll definitely be put through the ringer the next 5 weeks. I'm just glad that he seems to be well composed mentally and probably won't let this game **** up his preparation for the murderous schedule he's about to face.

We'll know by the bye what Cassel is all about.

I gurantee even if we lose all thoes games and cassel thorws at least 2 int's per game about 80% of the ppl who post on here will still be sucking Scott's pole about the cassel trade.

Shag
I want a gif of that play Claythan because I'm pretty sure he went through his reads on that particular play. I could be wrong, but I really don't think he was staring him down on that INT.

He definitely was looking to a different target initially - that was clear from the replay from behind.

Claynus
09-20-2009, 02:33 PM

The alternative wasn't Tyler Thigpen. This trade comes down to whether you wanted:

or

Do you really think Mark fucking Sanchez would have fared any better today?

Christ, a rookie quarterback and we lose 30-3 today.

Marcellus

or

Here's the flaw in your argument.

We didn't fucking draft Sanchez and that will never change. Get over it and get back to the argument at hand.

Claynus
I gurantee even if we lose all thoes games and cassel thorws at least 2 int's per game about 80% of the ppl who post on here will still be sucking Scott's pole about the cassel trade.

Cassel is not going to throw two interceptions per game. Not every team has Michael Huff, and Haley is NEVER calling another downfield route for a 5-8 halfback ever again. Or I will gut him like a fish.

Mecca
The game never comes down to two plays.

Over 60 fucking plays our defense barely even sniffed the quarterback.

The Chiefs moved the ball up and down the field while the Raiders looked completely inept, Cassel leaves points on the field at the end of the half and by the goaline when Huff makes a play on the ball.

In a 13-10 game that's enough to lose the game.

I'm not saying he was brutally bad or it's the worst QB performance ever witnessed the guy on the other team today was far worse.

I'm just saying it was by no means a good performance either.

oaklandhater
09-20-2009, 02:34 PM

or

im going to laugh my ass off when the media has to spin this shit trade 5 years from now when sanchez is a franchise QB and Cassel is 2nd String.

JASONSAUTO

but but sanchez has upside, cassel doesnt.

milkman
whats it going to take Gochiefs does Sanchez have to win 3 fooking Superbowls in a row before you pioli Fan boy's pull your head's out of you asses and admit it was a stupid ass trade......

There isn't a single person who argued more ardently for drafting Sanchez and not trading for Cassel than me.

But the fact is, while one can not say that Cassel played a great game, and a good game might be stretching it, the fact remains, this game was lost because we kept shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties and mistakes.

Yes, Cassel contributed with a couple of glaring mistakes, and he made a couple of others, but he also did some good things.

To lay this loss at Cassel's feet is bullshit.

Bane

Sad day for a Chiefs fan.God thing is we can only go up from here!!!:clap:

RedNeckRaider

Ironicly I side with gochiefs, I am glad to read someone that has football knowledge that I respect agree also. I put my take down on post 19

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Cassel is not going to throw two interceptions per game. Not every team has Michael Huff, and Haley is NEVER calling another downfield route for a 5-8 halfback ever again. Or I will gut him like a fish.

that play would have had charles in that spot any other time. he's a step faster.

Mecca

Isn't this the same Michael Huff that everyone has tabbed a bust for 3 years now?

'Hamas' Jenkins

Get the fuck a hold of yourself. This is ridiculous.

Deberg_1990
09-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Pendergast proved on the final drive today hes just a placeholder until Cremmel wants to work again next year.

Claynus
Christ, if Jeff Webb is running that route instead of Dantrell fucking Savage, it's probably a touchdown.

That's some Dante motherfucking Hall bullshit.

JASONSAUTO
There isn't a single person who argued more ardently for drafting Sanchez and not trading for Cassel than me.

But the fact is, while one can not say that Cassel played a great game, and a good game might be stretching it, the fact remains, this game was lost because we kept shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties and mistakes.

Yes, Cassel contributed with a couple of glaring mistakes, and he made a couple of others, but he also did some good things.

agreed milkman.

oaklandhater

its the point of the matter that no matter how bad cassel does Pioli homers will make excuses for him and that shit trade.

Claynus
09-20-2009, 02:37 PM
its the point of the matter that no matter how bad cassel does Pioli homers will make excuses for him and that shit trade.

Bullshit.

If you can't see that Cassel is going to be fine once we actually get a receiver in here that forces the safeties to play past 20 yards from the LOS, you are a clueless.

With the way the offense is right now, we practically have to ask Cassel to be perfect on every snap. Way too much to ask.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Here's the flaw in your argument.

We didn't fucking draft Sanchez and that will never change. Get over it and get back to the argument at hand.

It's not the flaw. The fact that we didn't draft him is established. But if you think that Tyler Thigpen was option #2 for our QBOTF, you're full of shit. GoChiefs is making a dishonest, one-sided argument in order to strengthen his assertion that Cassel has no culpability.

It's sophomoric, dishonest, and it's one of the reasons why he takes so much shit for his writing, because he still hasn't learned the importance of the concept of ethos in making an argument.

Spott
09-20-2009, 02:38 PM

Actually, we are the only team that has lost to the Lions in the last 2 years.

Bane
Isn't this the same Michael Huff that everyone has tabbed a bust for 3 years now?

And he's not even their best CB....

JASONSAUTO

bullshit. if he sucks, he sucks. today he didnt suck. was he all world? no, but he put us AHEAD late with a beautiful throw.

Raised On Riots
This is accurate.

These. These right here.

Mecca

You'll have to move from this position, what's done is done.

Now we just have to hope Cassel is good so we don't have 5 more years of crap.

Pablo

To lay this loss at Cassel's feet is bullshit.Pretty much spot on.

oaklandhater
09-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Bullshit.

If you can't see that Cassel is going to be fine once we actually get a receiver in here that forces the safeties to play past 20 yards from the LOS, you are a clueless.

So he is only as good as the receiver's we have we might as well have just signed daunte collpepper.

Reaper16

You're right about that. I don't think any of the smart posters are blaming the loss on Cassel. That said, I don't think it was a good performance by our QB.

Mecca
Bullshit.

With the way the offense is right now, we practically have to ask Cassel to be perfect on every snap. Way too much to ask.

Please tell me this isn't going to turn into nothing is ever his fault and we just need this this this and this.

'Hamas' Jenkins

So now Michael Huff is Troy Polamalu?

Do you know how stupid you come off when you won't come off these asinine positions?

Deberg_1990
09-20-2009, 02:40 PM
How come nobody is bitching about Gilberrys late hit on Russel??

keg in kc
I don't want to hear any bitching about CasselGood luck with that.

I'd recommend living in a bubble for the next week.

milkman

Ask Hamas, OTW, or someone else that saw my meltdown a couple of weeks ago about how I'm this big Pioli homer.

Guru
I'm definitely not sold on him at this point.

JASONSAUTO

you are smart enough to have to have seen the good from him today. it's his FIRST game and he hadnt played in treee weeks. give it some time

Bane
So he is only as good as the receiver's we have we might as well have just signed daunte collpepper.

Exactly!!!:clap:

baitism
Very few QB's would succeed on this team, and Cassell and Sanchez are two that wouldn't.

We honestly should have gotten Vick.

Mecca
I don't think anyone is laying the loss on Cassel by judging his performance hell the defense absolutely folded when it mattered if you want to judge that.

Claynus

If Cassel had Santonio Holmes like another quarterback who's name I won't mention, we light shit up.

Shag

Because it wasn't late?

The Bad Guy
09-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Our defense gives up an 80 yard drive to JeMarcus Russell to win the game and people want to get into a Sanchez v. Cassel debate.

Fucking hilarious.

oaklandhater

I dont really care about winning our loseing I knew we have no chance for the playoff's this year I just want to know what it is going to take for the homers to Admit that it was a shitty trade short of cassel breaking the int Record.

yeti

exactly:#

kcpasco
I won't bash Cassel to bad for this loss considering it was his first regular start.

But to say to say he wasn't a big part of this loss, you are fucking blind.

Deberg_1990
Because it wasn't late?

I will agree it was a bad call, but you cant jump on top of the QB while hes laying on the ground already. Not in a critical situation.

JASONSAUTO
I don't think anyone is laying the loss on Cassel by judging his performance hell the defense absolutely folded when it mattered if you want to judge that.

there are some.

KCChiefsMan
09-20-2009, 02:42 PM
yes, the pass to end the first half was moronic, absolutely stupid and definitely Cassel's fault. Yes he threw it right to Huff on the first pick. But WE HAVE TO GIVE THE MOTHERF*CKER SOME TIME, Rome was NOT BUILT IN A DAY. This was not a year that we were supposed to be Superbowl champs people.

Mecca

Sadly I knew it was going to come, the league is about protecting QB's if a QB is laying on the ground and you do a diving jump on him you'll get a flag, they want you to tag him.

Pablo
I'm definitely not sold on him at this point.I don't think anyone should be.

Even if Cassel would have thrown for 6 TD's and 400 yards; one game is too small of a sample size to throw any sort of label on him.

Claynus
So now Michael Huff is Troy Polamalu?

Do you know how stupid you come off when you won't come off these asinine positions?

Michael Huff is fantastic in the role Oakland has him in now. He plays in passing situations for the most part. He was great last week and great this week.

Those two picks were fucking SICK. It's not like an average safety makes those plays.

The Bad Guy
Because it wasn't late?

I'm also shocked that more is not being made of this. It was a clearly blown call that gave the Raiders some life.

Bane
I'm definitely not sold on him at this point.

What gets me about him is everyone didnt want to draft Sanchez cause they say he only had 1 good year at USC.Well how many good years did Cassel have a NE. What the FUGG ever!!!

Deberg_1990
I dont really care about winning our loseing I knew we have no chance for the playoff's this year I just want to know what it is going to take for the homers to Admit that it was a shitty trade short of cassel breaking the int Record.

Way too early to judge the trade. Everyone thought Trent Green was garbage after 01.

Mecca
09-20-2009, 02:43 PM

As much as I didn't like the trade you should wait more than 1 game to make that call.

kcpasco
Sadly I knew it was going to come, the league is about protecting QB's if a QB is laying on the ground and you do a diving jump on him you'll get a flag, they want you to tag him.

That is my thoughts exactly, blame the pussy ass league for these rules.

Everyone should quit blaming the refs.

RedThat

Saw that. That was really stupid.

Pablo
Sadly I knew it was going to come, the league is about protecting QB's if a QB is laying on the ground and you do a diving jump on him you'll get a flag, they want you to tag him.Yeah, poor Jamarcus. He's only 6'6" and 280 pounds..I doubt his fragile frame could take a nudge on the ground.

Football is getting progressively more pussified with each season.

cabletech94
I think the game was decided by playing "soft" on def at the very end. That's what cost us the game.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2009, 02:44 PM
you are smart enough to have to have seen the good from him today. it's his FIRST game and he hadnt played in treee weeks. give it some time

Ok. Even if you love the guy, be honest. It's his 5th year in the league, it's his 16th as a starting QB. He had a full week of practice.

He played a subpar game. It wasn't terrible, and he's not the only reason why we lost. But he did make a number of poor decisions and poor throws that were costly.

It doesn't make him a bust. It doesn't make him unworthy of a roster spot. But it is what happened today, and people should be intellectually honest enough to acknowledge that.

dirk digler
Please tell me this isn't going to turn into nothing is ever his fault and we just need this this this and this.

Things are his fault but we do need alot better O-Lineman and WR's. He had major happy feet today and was running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Deberg_1990
Monty Beisel made a boneheaded play today as well on special teams.

Tons of mistakes by the whole team today.

Mecca
Yeah, poor Jamarcus. He's only 6'6" and 280 pounds..I doubt his fragile frame could take a nudge on the ground.

Football is getting progressively more pussified with each season.

It's not about his size it's just the position he plays.

They don't want you going high, low or doing dives onto them on the ground, basically they don't want QB's getting injured.

milkman

It'll take a hell of a lot more to make that judgement that one game in which he came off od three weeks of no game action and made a couple of bad decisions and bad throws.

To even suggest otherwise is fucking moronacy of epic proportions.

oaklandhater
09-20-2009, 02:45 PM
If Cassel had Santonio Holmes like another quarterback who's name I won't mention, we light shit up.

bullshit ben look good before holmes in 04 and in 05

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Ok. Even if you love the guy, be honest. It's his 5th year in the league, it's his 16th as a starting QB. He had a full week of practice.

He played a subpar game. It wasn't terrible, and he's not the only reason why we lost. But he did make a number of poor decisions and poor throws that were costly.

It doesn't make him a bust. It doesn't make him unworthy of a roster spot. But it is what happened today, and people should be intellectually honest enough to acknowledge that.

i am. my post was about seeing the GOOD that happened. are you saying there was no good

Pablo
It's not about his size it's just the position he plays.

They don't want you going high, low or doing dives onto them on the ground, basically they don't want QB's getting injured.I know. I was just making a jab about how ****ing fat that dumb bastard is.

Claynus
Monty Beisel made a boneheaded play today as well on special teams.

Tons of mistakes by the whole team today.

And he got run the fuck over by Bush.

ASS WHIP O THE WEEK!

SDChiefs

Cassel is a 63 million dollar Elvis Grbac. He single handedly lost us that game. If you don't think so youre either a complete tool or have no concept of how the game of football should be played. Im upset that Haley didn't explain to him that you only throw the ball to the team in the red. Not to mention his great awareness that led to the end of the first half.

ferrarispider95
This.

He made plays and a few mistakes, but you could defintely see the potential. The penalites were atrocious on the line, add to that a few drop balls, and it was constantly put us in bad situations. Also lechler was absolutely drilling it ever punt, we always started way back.

Don't compare to Sanchez, he has an excellent oline, better receivers, and better defense.

milkman
Michael Huff is fantastic in the role Oakland has him in now. He plays in passing situations for the most part. He was great last week and great this week.

Those two picks were ****ing SICK. It's not like an average safety makes those plays.

Disagree.

Those were bad reads, bad decsions and bad passes that any average safety should pick off.

KCChiefsMan
09-20-2009, 02:47 PM
besides some costly mistake, there were some positives with Cassel's game today. Great movement in the pocket, made a few plays were he could have easily gotten sacked. A perfect 35 yd throw to Bowe for what should have been the game winner. He did checkdown way too much, but there were some positives with him. Unfortunately Albert is looking more and more like a damn bust each game.

JASONSAUTO
:rolleyes:Cassel is a 63 million dollar Elvis Grbac. He single handedly lost us that game. If you don't think so youre either a complete tool or have no concept of how the game of football should be played. Im upset that Haley didn't explain to him that you only throw the ball to the team in the red. Not to mention his great awareness that led to the end of the first half.

well ben roethlsiberger just threw an int. he must really suck

'Hamas' Jenkins
Our defense gives up an 80 yard drive to JeMarcus Russell to win the game and people want to get into a Sanchez v. Cassel debate.

Fucking hilarious.

See, this is the problem with this board.

Clayton spouts off bullshit like Thigpen was the other option. It's just patently false. If you correct him on that bullshit by listing what the real alternative option was (and it was Sanchez) people misconstrue it into being a holy war over quarterbacks. It's not, it's a simple acknowledgment that his assertion had a dishonest slant meant to beautify his point.

People are making mountains out of molehills because they are surprised that 2-14 team with shit talent, no o-line, and a horrible defense and coordinator lost.

Pablo
And if you get some time Claythan, could you put up a .gif of that first INT so we can see if Cassel progressed through his reads?

milkman
bullshit ben look good before holmes in 04 and in 05

Actually, until the last couple of seasons, Roethlisberger had really only been a game manager.

Bane
Disagree.

Those were bad reads, bad decsions and bad passes that any average safety should pick off.

Were lucky there wasn't 4-5 picks.

Claynus
Disagree.

Disagree.

If Jeff Webb runs that route instead of Savage it's a completion.

The guy is 5-8! The ball was overthrown by the TINIEST of margins! The playcaller has to be smarter than that.

dukuboy
0-16 here we come. If we can't beat an equally crappy Oakland team at home there is no team we can beat. If the Chiefs show up dead to a home opener, against their bitter rival, and really a must win game to prove to themselves and the fans they aren't a bunch of no talent shitheads, and they lose. Today is devistating, with no hope for the future. This team needs 2 OL at minimum, needs 1 WR equal to or better then Bowe, they need 1 player maker (real player makers not what the chowder heads running this team will tell you are play makers) each at DE, LB, and safety.

It was an absolute tradegy they way this team approcahed the offseason and they are going to pay the price. The only thing that will deflect press away from how bad the Chiefs are is that Jacksonville is unraveling at the seems and maybe they will fold after this year. I hope so so we can have a good pick in a subpplemental draft of sorts.

the Chiefs are terrible and making minimal progress at best. Haley & company will do nothing this year but lose every game, and he will come back next year to lose even more. Haley is gone mid 2010 or by the time the Chiefs have lost 22 in a row (16 this year 6 next year) and 26 loses in a row since Nov 30 2008. This team is epically bad as is. it can be fixed but we have to fix it this year and the offseason. If they do not the franchise will be lost for good.

**** the Chiefs in 2009

Claynus
09-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Clayton spouts off bullshit like Thigpen was the other option.

You're reading too much into that comment.

I don't think Sanchez would have played any better than Cassel today.

The Bad Guy
09-20-2009, 02:48 PM
0-16 here we come. If we can't beat an equally crappy Oakland team at home there is no team we can beat. If the Chiefs show up dead to a home opener, against their bitter rival, and really a must win game to prove to themselves and the fans they aren't a bunch of no talent shitheads, and they lose. Today is devistating, with no hope for the future. This team needs 2 OL at minimum, needs 1 WR equal to or better then Bowe, they need 1 player maker (real player makers not what the chowder heads running this team will tell you are play makers) each at DE, LB, and safety.

It was an absolute tradegy they way this team approcahed the offseason and they are going to pay the price. The only thing that will deflect press away from how bad the Chiefs are is that Jacksonville is unraveling at the seems and maybe they will fold after this year. I hope so so we can have a good pick in a subpplemental draft of sorts.

the Chiefs are terrible and making minimal progress at best. Haley & company will do nothing this year but lose every game, and he will come back next year to lose even more. Haley is gone mid 2010 or by the time the Chiefs have lost 22 in a row (16 this year 6 next year) and 26 loses in a row since Nov 30 2008. This team is epically bad as is. it can be fixed but we have to fix it this year and the offseason. If they do not the franchise will be lost for good.

**** the Chiefs in 2009

OK

BigRedChief
09-20-2009, 02:49 PM
[quote=ferrarispider95;6092801]He made plays and a few mistakes, but you could defintely see the potential. /quote]
THIS!

JASONSAUTO

Clayton spouts off bullshit like Thigpen was the other option. It's just patently false. If you correct him on that bullshit by listing what the real alternative option was (and it was Sanchez) people misconstrue it into being a holy war over quarterbacks. It's not, it's a simple acknowledgment that his assertion had a dishonest slant meant to beautify his point.

People are making mountains out of molehills because they are surprised that 2-14 team with shit talent, no o-line, and a horrible defense and coordinator lost.

people are saying cassel is shit after his first fucking game. maybe THATS the problem. hell his leading WR was signed what 5 DAYS ago. goddam give it some time.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Cassel is a 63 million dollar Elvis Grbac. He single handedly lost us that game. If you don't think so youre either a complete tool or have no concept of how the game of football should be played. Im upset that Haley didn't explain to him that you only throw the ball to the team in the red. Not to mention his great awareness that led to the end of the first half.

This is the fucking problem with this place.

It's all binary.

It's not 1 or 0. He's not Elvis Grbac after one game. He may be Elvis, he may be Trent, he may be Scott Mitchell. We don't know that definitively yet, so let's see how this plays out first, as the rings have been exchanged and the Church isn't giving us an annulment quite yet.

Pablo
Unfortunately Albert is looking more and more like a damn bust each game.Don't go there yet either. Maybe it's just a sophomore slump, or maybe it's the coaching change, or the weight loss, etc; but when a guy has as much talent as Albert demonstrated last year I'd be pretty hesitant to throw the bust label out there.

Chocolate Hog
Claythan said a few plays don't decide a game. Spoken like a true shitty writer.

Mecca

You knew if this game was a loss there'd be a meltdown because of the pendulum affect alot of people have...and the Raiders was picked as a win by a majority.

Claynus
09-20-2009, 02:50 PM
people are saying cassel is shit after his first fucking game. maybe THATS the problem. hell his leading WR was signed what 5 DAYS ago. goddam give it some time.

This is the kind of shit I'm talking about. Thank you.

SDChiefs
:rolleyes:

well ben roethlsiberger just threw an int. he must really suck

Ben Roethlisberger wins games. Something that Matt Cassel proved, he can't do. We lost to the F***ing Raiders. They are garbage and played like it today. To get outclassed by JaMarcus Russell, yeah we should sign his ticket to the HOF now.

Deberg_1990
If the Chiefs show up dead to a home opener, against their bitter rival, and really a must win game to prove to themselves and the fans they aren't a bunch of no talent shitheads, and they lose.

The problem is the Chiefs DID show up to play today.

They fought and scraped the whole game.

This team isnt talented enough to overcome a ton of boneheaded mistakes.

JASONSAUTO
This is the fucking problem with this place.

It's all binary.

It's not 1 or 0. He's not Elvis Grbac after one game. He may be Elvis, he may be Trent, he may be Scott Mitchell. We don't know that definitively yet, so let's see how this plays out first, as the rings have been exchanged and the Church isn't giving us an annulment quite yet.

thank you for at being truthful about the day.

Claynus
Claythan said a few plays don't decide a game. Spoken like a true shitty writer.

Fuck off. The game may TURN on one play but it is never DECIDED by one play. Anyone with half a brain knows that.

Chocolate Hog
09-20-2009, 02:51 PM
You knew if this game was a loss there'd be a meltdown because of the pendulum affect alot of people have...and the Raiders was picked as a win by a majority.

How could you not be though? This team dominated the game and the coach spouts off about how he can win with 22 players off the street. Dude is 0-6 if you count pre-season games.

JASONSAUTO
Ben Roethlisberger wins games. Something that Matt Cassel proved, he can't do. We lost to the F***ing Raiders. They are garbage and played like it today. To get outclassed by JaMarcus Russell, yeah we should sign his ticket to the HOF now.

damn you are a fucking idiot. i'm suprised your brain keeps your heart beating.

Claynus
You know who would suck complete ass on this team? Brett Favre.

Chocolate Hog
09-20-2009, 02:52 PM
You know who would suck complete ass on this team? Brett Favre.

He's 2-0 and has a ring. This team hasn't won a playoff game in 15 years.

Tuckdaddy
09-20-2009, 02:52 PM

I totally agree.

dukuboy
09-20-2009, 02:53 PM

F_U_C_K the Chiefs in 2009

Valiant
09-20-2009, 02:53 PM
He played a great game for coming back from an injury, but he was still part of the reason why the Chiefs lost: ints and bad decisions like to Savage before the half.. He will keep getting better though, I love his desire to win and not give up on plays just has to get more consistent with our team, he is not playing with the Pats talent level anymore..

The loss was a total team loss.. Haley had better run them on suicides for each penalty, dropped ball and turnover..

People just need to get used to this being a rebuilding year and enjoy the ride, this is not Herm back there anymore.. Hell I think another 15-25 guys will be different and upgraded next year..

Bane
09-20-2009, 02:54 PM
This is the kind of shit I'm talking about. Thank you.

That's fine he gets time,but untill then I'm gonna bitch when he sucks ass like he did today.I think maybe he will be fine down the road but I'm not getting on my knees like most of you and slobbering all over his balls thinking he's the next Manning.When he shows me he's more than a back up qb I'll compliment him,till then he's just another clip board carrier that had 1 good year and got paid!!!:cuss:

Claynus
09-20-2009, 02:54 PM
That's fine he gets time,but untill then I'm gonna bitch when he sucks ass like he did today.I think maybe he will be fine down the road but I'm not getting on my knees like most of you and slobbering all over his balls thinking he's the next Manning.When he shows me he's more than a back up qb I'll compliment him,till then he;s just another clip board carrier that had 1 good year and got paid!!!:cuss:

Backup quarterbacks don't make the throw he made to Bowe.

SDChiefs
09-20-2009, 02:55 PM
This is the ****ing problem with this place.

It's all binary.

He had one season last year in case you forgot. What did he do? He led the greatest offense of all time to missing the playoffs. If you can't make the playoffs with a team that was 16-0 the prior year, with minimal changes to the staff, you have no place in the NFL.

Bane
09-20-2009, 02:55 PM

They do it all the time.That's their job.

Claynus
09-20-2009, 02:56 PM
They do it all the time.That's their job.

Bullshit. Bullshit. That was a fucking incredible throw. A perfect fucking throw.

milkman
Disagree.

If Jeff Webb runs that route instead of Savage it's a completion.

The guy is 5-8! The ball was overthrown by the TINIEST of margins! The playcaller has to be smarter than that.

The fact is, he is throwing to a 5'8" receiver and he had a man over the top and one in front.

You can't make that pass.

It was a bad decision, and the tiniest overthrow mean't a pick.

Valiant
The problem is the Chiefs DID show up to play today.

They fought and scraped the whole game.

This team isnt talented enough to overcome a ton of boneheaded mistakes.

That was more then a ton, if they committed half the dumb shit they did today they win by 20pts..

'Hamas' Jenkins

Jesus Christ dude, JaMarcus Russell made some fantastic throws in one of the worst games I've ever seen a QB play today. Get some perspective. You're better than this.

milkman
09-20-2009, 02:58 PM
He had one season last year in case you forgot. What did he do? He led the greatest offense of all time to missing the playoffs. If you can't make the playoffs with a team that was 16-0 the prior year, with minimal changes to the staff, you have no place in the NFL.

That's a bullshit argument.

The defense failed that team more than Cassel did, and winning 11 games gets you in the playoffs in almost every other season in NFL history.

Bane
Bullshit. Bullshit. That was a ****ing incredible throw. A perfect ****ing throw.

Billy Volek is a back up,bet money his ass could have made the same throw.

Reaper16
The posters who think that Cassel had a good game are embarrassing themselves in this thread.

The posters who think that Cassel sucks are embarrassing themselves in this thread.

DeezNutz
09-20-2009, 02:59 PM

Who might have predicted this last week...?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2009, 02:59 PM

Look, I was the #1 most pissed off motherfucker about the Cassel trade and the switch to a 3-4. I started a 700+ post "Mother Fuck You Scott Pioli" thread. I've been endlessly critical of the moves of the new regime. I don't think Cassel will ever be a franchise QB.

But that doesn't mean that it's fair of me, or anyone, to assume that he automatically won't be now because he played 1 sub par game. I think he's a league average starter, but that doesn't mean that I'm right. Give it time to play out. I think that we'll probably regret the contract, but that doesn't mean that I should dogmatically believe with the vehemence of a jihadist that we will regret the contract.

Bane
09-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Bullshit. Bullshit. That was a ****ing incredible throw. A perfect ****ing throw.

1 goddamn fuggn throw and he's hall of fame bound.Get the fugg real.

SDChiefs
damn you are a ****ing idiot. i'm suprised your brain keeps your heart beating.

F**k you. If you would pull Cassel's **** out your mouth long enough to watch the game then you could say something. That game was lost by Cassel. Put someone in who knows how to play the game of football and that screen pass would not have happened. We would have scored and in turn won. But youre such a homer that even if we go 0-16 youre going to come up with some bullsh*t that we are improving.

kstater

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he drive the team down the field and throw a TD with 3 minutes left?

Bane
09-20-2009, 03:01 PM
The posters who think that Cassel had a good game are embarrassing themselves in this thread.

The posters who think that Cassel sucks are embarrassing themselves in this thread.

Get off the fence or get the fugg out!!!:bang:

oaklandhater
09-20-2009, 03:01 PM

guess im not embarrassing my self since I dont think he sucks I think he is mediocre and not worth the 2nd round pick we traded for him.

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2009, 03:02 PM
F**k you. If you would pull Cassel's **** out your mouth long enough to watch the game then you could say something. That game was lost by Cassel. Put someone in who knows how to play the game of football and that screen pass would not have happened. We would have scored and in turn won. But youre such a homer that even if we go 0-16 youre going to come up with some bullsh*t that we are improving.

:deevee: < thats you pussy. you are :deevee: about a play that was at THE END OF THE 1ST HALF. cassel put us AHEAD with 2:00 minutes left.

Reaper16
Look, I was the #1 most pissed off motherfucker about the Cassel trade and the switch to a 3-4. I started a 700+ post "Mother Fuck You Scott Pioli" thread. I've been endlessly critical of the moves of the new regime. I don't think Cassel will ever be a franchise QB.

But that doesn't mean that it's fair of me, or anyone, to assume that he automatically won't be now because he played 1 sub par game. I think he's a league average starter, but that doesn't mean that I'm right. Give it time to play out. I think that we'll probably regret the contract, but that doesn't mean that I should dogmatically believe with the vehemence of a jihadist that we will regret the contract.
Absolutely.

JASONSAUTO
1 goddamn fuggn throw and he's hall of fame bound.Get the fugg real.

pot=kettle

1 game and he's a bust?

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2009, 03:03 PM
guess im not embarrassing my self since I dont think he sucks I think he is mediocre and not worth the 2nd round pick we traded for him.

I think he's worth the 2nd round pick.

But not when Mark Sanchez is sitting there at #3 overall.

SDChiefs
09-20-2009, 03:03 PM

Damon Huard led us to the playoffs. While making an occasional good throw. 1good throw coupled with a shitload of dumps to the backs and 2 INTS that should have been more like 4 or 5 do make for a back up QB

Saccopoo
09-20-2009, 03:04 PM
im going to laugh my ass off when the media has to spin this shit trade 5 years from now when sanchez is a franchise QB and Cassel is 2nd String.

Go purchase a Jets jersey, an industrial sized bottle of KY and paste this on your bedroom ceiling:

http://pacmanjonesin.com/files/2009/05/marksanchezgq.jpg

I'm surprised there's people like you still around that call themselves a Chiefs fan. You would have thought that the whole Blackledge thing would have driven off the hardcore drafturbators long ago.

Fact is, the Jets were a better team personnel wise last season, are a better team personnel wise this season and it's substantially easier to plug in a rookie quarterback into such a situation and have them manage the game. If you think that if the Chiefs drafted Sanchez and would be in an equal or better situation than what they have now, you are beyond ignorant.

What I saw today was, on the good side, good variety on the offensive play calling, overall solid defensive play calling, which resulted in the Chiefs statistically dominating the Raiders in almost every aspect. The Chiefs ran the ball very well, racked up a ton of first downs and passed the ball effectively.

From the bad side, there were several poor decisions by the qb (the end of the first half and the first interception), some very bad calls by the refs (the phantom pass interference, the roughing the passer tragedy), a break down on the defense on the Raiders final drive (a blitz on that third and long would have been maybe a better call than the wide zone coverage), and a complete brain fart on a punt coverage that would have pinned the Raiders inside the five.

From a personnel perspective:

Positives:

1. Cassel is a gamer. On a bum leg, he moved well, has a really good feel for the pocket and makes nice throws.

2. Bobby Wade, with less than a week to learn the offense, looked really good. Wasn't afraid to hit the middle and hold onto the ball after contact.

3. Niswanger and the right side of the O-line held up pretty good.

4. LJ ran with purpose and speed. He still has problems finding holes, but looked much better this week.

The bad:

1. Albert had his second bad game in a row with a couple of false starts, holding and break downs in pass coverage. Sophomore slump or whathaveyou, but he's really struggling right now.

2. Leggett looked suspect again in coverage (with the exception of that one really good breakup). He's young, but teams are going to go at him all year at this point. He's really going to have to step it up or he's headed for a Bartee level season.

3. Waters is really looking slow and the leg injury probably won't help. The guy just can't get out a pull like he used to earlier in the decade.

4. Our linebackers aren't that good, especially in the middle of the field (MLB & ILB). They just don't have the size and block shedding ability to be effective in splitting the gaps and getting into the running lanes.

kstater

To be fair, if they don't trade for Cassel, it's entirely plausible that Sanchez isn't sitting there at #3 and we're way worse off than we are now.

unothadeal

You haven't played in 28 years but even you know you don't pass to the flats in that situation.

But you're right this loss wasn't his fault.

Deberg_1990
09-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Did everyone bitch this much back in 01 when Trent Green was leading us to the promised land at 1-6 ??

Jesus christ guys...get some perspective....

R&GHomer
All things considered, Cassel had a pretty good game. I'll forgive the second int, that shit was close, but the pass to savage at the end of the first half was a "head up his ass" play. He should go home and punch himself in the balls a few times and never make that mistake again.

'Hamas' Jenkins
To be fair, if they don't trade for Cassel, it's entirely plausible that Sanchez isn't sitting there at #3 and we're way worse off than we are now.

St. Louis isn't trading out of Jason Smith after having watched Bulger die two straight years.

KCBOSS1
We gave him the big contract too early... Two out of the four times he threw the ball over 5 yards he threw one touch down and two interceptions. The touchdown pass was brilliant. The throw to Bowe was BEHIND HIM!.....GC, this was a mediocre performance. Not going for the enzone at the end of the half was bonehead... That bone head play was the difference in the game. His head was not in the game there. He scrambled well, seems pretty tough. Basically, our quarterback is about the same level as the rest of our team in my assessment. He's got to throw the ball more than 3 yards.....come on. I think he'll play better though. I'm convinced he can

SDChiefs
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he drive the team down the field and throw a TD with 3 minutes left?

Correct me if Im wrong. Didn't we lose?

DeezNutz
09-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Did everyone bitch this much back in 01 when Trent Green was leading us to the promised land at 1-6 ??

Anyone who wasn't at least a little bit pissed at mortgaging the future for Green and Grandpa should probably run a check.

Claynus

Bingo.

Exactly the same fucking situation.

Reaper16
Huh?

Sure-Oz

Agreed, i expect him to play better next week but he is light years better than thiggy and mr glass

JASONSAUTO
We gave him the big contract too early... Two out of the four times he threw the ball over 5 yards he threw touch downs. The touchdown pass was brilliant. The throw to Bowe was BEHIND HIM!.....GC, this was a mediocre performance. Not going for the enzone at the end of the half was bonehead... That bone head play was the difference in the game. His head was not in the game there. He scrambled well, seems pretty tough. Basically, our quarterback is about the same level as the rest of our team in my assessment. He's got to throw the ball more than 3 yards.....come on. I think he'll play better though. I'm convinced he can

the throw to bowe was as good as it gets. sorry

Fritz88
09-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Look, I was the #1 most pissed off mother****er about the Cassel trade and the switch to a 3-4. I started a 700+ post "Mother **** You Scott Pioli" thread. I've been endlessly critical of the moves of the new regime. I don't think Cassel will ever be a franchise QB.

The contract was a bad move. Why did we rush. Were there any positives to rushing it?

Bane

That's all fine and dandy,whats done is done and Cassel is our qb.I can just remember threads about us winning 8,9 ,10 games under GOD(cassel) and now all the sudden its everyones fault but the bionic($60 million man) mans.Fuggn awesome....ROFL

oaklandhater

yes I did bitch about tradeing for Trint I thought he was a mediocre QB then and I still think he is one.

I dont know what it's going to take for the chiefs to draft a franchise QB.

kstater
Correct me if Im wrong. Didn't we lose?

You said that Cassel proved he couldn't win a game. He led a potential game winning drive in the closing moments of the game, the defense in turn blew that lead.

DeezNutz
Bingo.

Exactly the same ****ing situation.

Exactly!

Because all situations line up perfectly and create either-or alternatives.

SDChiefs
09-20-2009, 03:08 PM
:deevee: < thats you pussy. you are :deevee: about a play that was at THE END OF THE 1ST HALF. cassel put us AHEAD with 2:00 minutes left.

I am complaining about his play the WHOLE GAME. What language do you speak. I will type it in whatever language you prefer. Or is reading comprehension not your strong suit. Outside of 10 yards he couldn't make a f***ing play but 10% of the time. Hense his piss poor accuracy numbers. His 2 Interceptions that should have been more and him leaving that 7 points on the field at the end of the first half. Youre a tool.

kstater
09-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Huh?

Chiefs have no QBoTF on the roster at 3, and it's plausible that a team wanting Sanchez leaps ahead of them.

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2009, 03:09 PM
I am complaining about his play the WHOLE GAME. What language do you speak. I will type it in whatever language you prefer. Or is reading comprehension not your strong suit. Outside of 10 yards he couldn't make a f***ing play but 10% of the time. Hense his piss poor accuracy numbers. His 2 Interceptions that should have been more and him leaving that 7 points on the field at the end of the first half. Youre a tool.

yet you keep REFERENCING the pass to savage dumbass, THATS WHAT the post was about

Bane
09-20-2009, 03:09 PM
yes I did bitch about tradeing for Trint I thought he was a mediocre QB then and I still think he is one.

First of all we have to have a front office that can evaluate talent enough to see a franchise qb,and then add the players around him to make it all work.So far not so much.....

Raised On Riots
09-20-2009, 03:10 PM

I understand both sides and the takes in this thread. I'm not ready to call Cassel a fail after one game.

But the separating factor between these two QB's, when you take their teams out of the picture and stand them side by side under the hot stage lights is this:

Mojo. Voodoo. "It". One guy was born with it, one guy wasn't.

SDChiefs
yet you keep REFERENCING the pass to savage dumbass, THATS WHAT the post was about

Youre an idiot of epic proportions. You have no argument for anything. You just say shit so you can seem cool.

DaneMcCloud

How so?

I don't want to re-open this can of worms but the Chiefs could have taken Sanchez at #3 and dealt Cassel for picks.

Teams wanted him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
The contract was a bad move. Why did we rush. Were there any positives to rushing it?

No. The expiration of the CBA meant that we owned his rights til 2011, since he existed in a limbo where he would need 6 years to be a FA, and he only has five after this year.

You give him a year to "earn his job". The worst thing that it does is underscore how full of shit the "you have to earn your job" tripe is from the organization, because we had Cassel in here on a contract, and before he took a snap for us, we pot committed ourselves to him for the next 4 years, at least.

Marcellus

If your complaining about his play the whole game then your just a fucking retard.

How many dropped passes?

How many penalties taking away completions?

How many scrambles for a 1st down or for positives yards setting up better field position?

Perfect throw for TD to take the lead with2 minutes left.

Dumbshit mother fucker.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2009, 03:11 PM
How so?

I don't want to re-open this can of worms but the Chiefs could have taken Sanchez at #3 and dealt Cassel for picks.

Teams wanted him.

Remember when I drafted him in the CP Mock?

Fucking glorious meltdown Hootard had on that one.

DaneMcCloud

Yes.

Trent Green was a complete and utter waste of a first round draft pick.

Wouldn't you have rather had Drew Brees?

JASONSAUTO
Youre an idiot of epic proportions. You have no argument for anything. You just say shit so you can seem cool.

you have 89 fucking posts. i dont need to "seem cool" on a fucking message board. maybe you need to take some comprehension classes. or memory so you can know what it is YOU type

Deberg_1990
09-20-2009, 03:12 PM

Look, ive wanted the Chiefs to draft a young franchise guy as well for years..

But whats done is done. Cassel isnt perfect, but hes far from bad.

Its way too early to make any sort of judgement calls on Sanchez or Cassel.

Can we at least wait until they are in the AFC championship game in 3 or 4 years??

'Hamas' Jenkins
Chiefs have no QBoTF on the roster at 3, and it's plausible that a team wanting Sanchez leaps ahead of them.

If no one did it at 4, why would they do it at 3?

DaneMcCloud
Remember when I drafted him in the CP Mock?

Fucking glorious meltdown Hootard had on that one.

Well, in his defense, Hootie doesn't really watch football.

He parties to it.

SDChiefs
If your complaining about his play the whole game then your just a ****ing retard.

How many dropped passes?

How many penalties taking away completions?

How many scrambles for a 1st down or for positives yards setting up better field position?

Perfect throw for TD to take the lead with2 minutes left.

Dumbshit mother ****er.

3 dropped passes. But he had close to 20 incomplete passes. F***ing idiot.

Marcellus
09-20-2009, 03:13 PM
3 dropped passes. But he had close to 20 incomplete passes. F***ing idiot.

I think you are removing all doubt who the idiot is.

Reaper16
09-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Well, in his defense, Hootie doesn't really watch football.

He parties to it.
He date-rapes chicks to it.

Fritz88
09-20-2009, 03:14 PM
No. The expiration of the CBA meant that we owned his rights til 2011, since he existed in a limbo where he would need 6 years to be a FA, and he only has five after this year.

You give him a year to "earn his job". The worst thing that it does is underscore how full of shit the "you have to earn your job" tripe is from the organization, because we had Cassel in here on a contract, and before he took a snap for us, we pot committed ourselves to him for the next 4 years, at least.

That was a huge fail on Scott's part.

oaklandhater
09-20-2009, 03:15 PM
Yes.

Trent Green was a complete and utter waste of a first round draft pick.

Wouldn't you have rather had Drew Brees?

Yes oh Dear god yes do I wish the chiefs would have drafted Drew brees.

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2009, 03:16 PM
I think you are removing all doubt who the idiot is.

so fuckin true

Deberg_1990
09-20-2009, 03:16 PM
How many ships has Drew Brees won??

Until then hes basically Trent Green. Nice stats but not a playoff winner.

Bane
09-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Yes oh Dear god yes do I wish the chiefs would have drafted Drew brees.

Me too but hind sight is 20/20.

oaklandhater
That was a huge fail on Scott's part.

Where is your God now cheifs Fan's does it hurt you to know that Scott pioli is flawed good I want to taste your tear's Homers.

DeezNutz

You better duck, dude.

This is almost as bad as GoChiefs comparing Cassel and Roethlisberger.

4th and Long
09-20-2009, 03:19 PM
That mother****er puts the ball in the right spots
Right spots = the opposing teams hands, ... twice, ... apparently.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2009, 03:19 PM

You're FIRED!

JFC.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2009, 03:20 PM

Umm. Brees has won in the playoffs, buddy.

ROFL

Deberg_1990
09-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Umm. Brees has won in the playoffs, buddy.

ROFL

I know he has. Badly worded on my part. Im just saying hes won ZERO ships. Isnt that what everyone wants??

Baby Lee
09-20-2009, 03:21 PM

Huard could and has. Don't get more backup than that.

Claynus
09-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Huard could and has. Don't get more backup than that.

Well, Huard's awesome. Yeah.

Bane
You better duck, dude.

This is almost as bad as GoChiefs comparing Cassel and Roethlisberger.

Cassel to Roethlisberger is Greg Hill to Barry Sanders.

FAIL!!!!!!
Anyone that has the retardation to make that comparison is a complete moron and should put the antifreeze down now!!!

DeezNutz
I know he has. Badly worded on my part. Im just saying hes won ZERO ships. Isnt that what everyone wants??

It's a team sport.

But it's just sort of helpful when a team has a franchise QB.

The analysis cannot be this reductive.

Bane
09-20-2009, 03:23 PM

Dan Mariono has zero ships.....:grr: He's no Trent Green.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2009, 03:23 PM

I'm close to giving you a neg rep or an infraction for being so fucking stupid.

Seriously.

Frankie
09-20-2009, 03:24 PM

Agreed 100%

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2009, 03:24 PM
Agreed 100%

What the fuck do you know?

Why aren't you blaming this loss on Brendan Albert?

LMAO

Raised On Riots
09-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Dude over at the other board, when referring to the bonehead pass before the half said, and I quote:

"I hope he learns from his rookie mistake".

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/GIF_saftey_guy_suicide.gif