PDA

View Full Version : Football That was a KC win

Ugly Duck
09-20-2009, 03:19 PM
You guyz deserved that game. You kicked the snot out of us. Jamarcus Leaf sucks worse than any other QB in the league. How the heck the score came out that way is a puzzlement. Its a miracle. For the first time.... I'm unhappy about beating KC...

R8RFAN
09-20-2009, 03:34 PM
I can't believe how bad we are at QB

dukuboy
09-20-2009, 03:36 PM
We had the win, and then we lost it. the defense that had played so well gave up the touchdown. This team folds under pressure. all they had to do was stop oakland on that last drive and they could not. This team sucks

Psyko Tek
09-20-2009, 03:38 PM
hell of a first post
but
flashes of adequacy ain't gonna do it

R8RFAN
09-20-2009, 03:40 PM
We had the win, and then we lost it. the defense that had played so well gave up the touchdown. This team folds under pressure. all they had to do was stop oakland on that last drive and they could not. This team sucks

Dude I am glad Oakland won, but I am not thrilled about the way you guys kept the damn ball all day or our QB being 8 ft tall and can't get the ball over the d line.

This is basically 2 suck ass teams that played the suck bowl and one sucked just a little less than the other....

Glad we won, but not excited at all

istas
09-20-2009, 03:40 PM
The Gilberry penalty was a big killer. That was going to be a 3rd and long for the Raiders had he not piled on. Was it a bad call? I think so.

DaFace
09-20-2009, 03:43 PM
The Gilberry penalty was a big killer. That was going to be a 3rd and long for the Raiders had he not piled on. Was it a bad call? I think so.

The sad thing is, I'm not sure it was technically a bad call. The NFL seems hell-bent on cutting off defenders' balls to protect the quarterback. I think the NFL would probably call that a good call, but the "roughing the quarterback" rules are getting out of hand.

R8RFAN
09-20-2009, 03:47 PM
The NFL will not let a defender pancake a QB when he laying on the ground..... they are all gonna call that

CaliforniaChief
09-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Gotta be gracious in defeat as you guys are in victory. Congrats...

I hate you.

suds79
09-20-2009, 03:48 PM
You guyz deserved that game. You kicked the snot out of us. Jamarcus Leaf sucks worse than any other QB in the league. How the heck the score came out that way is a puzzlement. Its a miracle. For the first time.... I'm unhappy about beating KC...

Ah how nice of you to say that.

Does that mean we're now 2-0 in moral victories? :banghead:

R8RFAN
09-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Cassel is alot better than I thought he was

KcMizzou
09-20-2009, 03:50 PM
The sad thing is, I'm not sure it was technically a bad call. The NFL seems hell-bent on cutting off defenders' balls to protect the quarterback. I think the NFL would probably call that a good call, but the "roughing the quarterback" rules are getting out of hand.Either way, it's bullshit.

The guy is a football player, and he wasn't technically "down".

And it's not like anyone gave him a cheap shot either... they just covered him up.

Bullshit call.

DaFace
09-20-2009, 03:53 PM
The NFL will not let a defender pancake a QB when he laying on the ground..... they are all gonna call that

The issue I have with it is that he wasn't down. You can say that they should have just tagged him, but then what happens if he starts to get back up and his knee is off the ground by the time they touch him? It wasn't like they tried to spear him or anything. It wasn't even a hard hit.

Like I said, my guess is that the NFL will call that a correct call. My problem with it is that it's making it really hard for defenders to figure out WTF to do. If they don't tackle him, they could let him back up for a gain. If they do, they get fined. It's a shitty set of rules that puts defenders in a no-win situation like that.

RedNeckRaider
09-20-2009, 03:58 PM

F U C K that I have watched Oakland out play these guys and catch some flags or give up a big play and lose games they should have won more times than I can count. It is damn nice to be on the other side for a change :)

KcMizzou
09-20-2009, 04:00 PM
F U C K that I have watched Oakland out play these guys and catch some flags or give up a big play and lose games they should have won more times than I can count. It is damn nice to be on the other side for a change :)Yeah. We out Raidered the Raiders.

RedNeckRaider
09-20-2009, 04:01 PM
The issue I have with it is that he wasn't down. You can say that they should have just tagged him, but then what happens if he starts to get back up and his knee is off the ground by the time they touch him? It wasn't like they tried to spear him or anything. It wasn't even a hard hit.

Like I said, my guess is that the NFL will call that a correct call. My problem with it is that it's making it really hard for defenders to figure out WTF to do. If they don't tackle him, they could let him back up for a gain. If they do, they get fined. It's a shitty set of rules that puts defenders in a no-win situation like that.
They added this to the rule book:
(Additions
In addition to roughing the passer, defensive players cannot strike the quarterback below the knees or in the head. Officials may call a roughing the passer penalty if they feel the quarterback's safety is in jeopardy.)
I do not agree with it but anytime a QB is on the ground and two defenders pile on they will toss the flag.

RedNeckRaider
09-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Yeah. We out Raidered the Raiders.

LMAO asshole

KcMizzou
09-20-2009, 04:02 PM
(Additions
In addition to roughing the passer, defensive players cannot strike the quarterback below the knees or in the head. Officials may call a roughing the passer penalty if they feel the quarterback's safety is in jeopardy.)
I do not agree with it but anytime a QB is on the ground and two defenders pile on they will toss the flag.It's bullshit.

aturnis
09-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Dude I am glad Oakland won, but I am not thrilled about the way you guys kept the damn ball all day or our QB being 8 ft tall and can't get the ball over the d line.

This is basically 2 suck ass teams that played the suck bowl and one sucked just a little less than the other....

Glad we won, but not excited at all

Hope you're not referring to the Raiders. They sucked plenty worse than the Chiefs.

RedNeckRaider
09-20-2009, 04:04 PM
It's bullshit.

Agreed but it is what it is and that is the way they call it now. Next year they will toss a flag if a defender looks at them wrong

RedNeckRaider
09-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Hope you're not referring to the Raiders. They sucked plenty worse than the Chiefs.

Not on the score board :)

aturnis
09-20-2009, 04:06 PM
(Additions
I do not agree with it but anytime a QB is on the ground and two defenders pile on they will toss the flag.

Yeah, lets not pretend that call is justifiable. They were playing football, I thought everyone out there was.

Frankie
09-20-2009, 04:06 PM

You sir are the class act.

Your team should have won last week's game though. I think they are tougher than people here credit them for.

RedNeckRaider
09-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Yeah, lets not pretend that call is justifiable. They were playing football, I thought everyone out there was.

I have already said I do not agree with it

HemiEd
09-20-2009, 04:11 PM
We had the win, and then we lost it. the defense that had played so well gave up the touchdown. This team folds under pressure. all they had to do was stop oakland on that last drive and they could not. This team sucks3rd and 18?

R&GHomer
09-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Yeah. We out Raidered the Raiders.

:deevee: I'm getting drunk. This game sucked:mad:

Psyko Tek
09-20-2009, 04:14 PM

thanks for the reach around , Duck
but we just out sucked you
the raiders MAY pick outside of the top ten this year
we prob'ly won't

mikey23545
09-20-2009, 04:30 PM

Helluva classy post...Positive rep for you...

As soon as I can quit throwing up, rep will be on it's way...

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2009, 04:39 PM
It's bullshit.

Only losers cry about penalties.

Bad calls happen every game.

If you have a good team, it usually won't affect you.

If you have a bad team, it just hurts more.

R8RFAN
09-20-2009, 04:48 PM

I think they did more than we did to win it but, the two int's didn't help and JR with the 46 qb rating didn't either.

The thing is, if they can't beat us playing like that, then who can they beat?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2009, 04:56 PM

No, we didn't. Both teams deserved to lose.

That was as bad of a football game as I've seen at this level.

Molitoth
09-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Only losers cry about penalties.

Bad calls happen every game.

If you have a good team, it usually won't affect you.

If you have a bad team, it just hurts more.

eh, that penalty was really bad, and probably had the biggest outcome on the game... although the chiefs had other opportunities to put it away and did not do it.

munkey
09-20-2009, 05:02 PM
my only question is who the hell took over the "D" the last series...I mean WTF! Pressure DeMarcus and he folds...go into a prevent and he like any QB in the league will take advantage of you. Pendegrass should be fired like Gailey tomorrow.

TEX
09-20-2009, 05:23 PM
We SUCK ASS because we "OUT RAIDERED" the RAIDERS...

Ugly Duck
09-20-2009, 06:04 PM
No, we didn't. Both teams deserved to lose.

That was as bad of a football game as I've seen at this level.

What I'm sayin is... Oakland only had 100 yards total offense until that last drive. Chiefs had over 400. That is a beatdown.... 'cept for that scoreboard thingie....

RedNeckRaider
09-20-2009, 06:17 PM
What I'm sayin is... Oakland only had 100 yards total offense until that last drive. Chiefs had over 400. That is a beatdown.... 'cept for that scoreboard thingie....

Trust me I am not happy with that shit bag we have for a QB If we had even an average QB we would have had a shitload more offense. When it is all said and done the scoreboard tells the story. We have been on the other side of the we should have won deal several times.

Frankie
09-21-2009, 02:16 PM

This team is a work in process. It has not learned how to put away an opponent yet. It will come with maturing and gelling. Altogether the effort and the play-calling is actually a pleasant surprise to me. This by no means is a complete team. But it seems to be on the right track, and my gut feeling is we will start winning some games in the second half of the season.

Mile High Mania
09-21-2009, 02:18 PM
I hope OAK continues that type of play in week 3....