PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Refs kill chiefs in loss to raiders

Molitoth
09-20-2009, 04:43 PM
I seriously think that without the personal foul on Fatmarcus russell that should not have been called, the chiefs would've won the game. After that play, it seemed like the chiefs quit fighting... and lost all momentum.

That said, they still had a chance to get the raiders off the field and failed.

That bad call had me cursing all over the basement. It sucks to lose to the raiders at home on stupid bullsh*t like that.

Scorp
09-20-2009, 04:45 PM
I disagree, Carl and Herm killed the Chiefs long ago.

petegz28
09-20-2009, 04:45 PM
I was not in agreement with the call. He didn't give himself up and the ball was still live. You jump on him because as a defender you have to anticipate him getting up since no one had touched him. Horrible call but we still choked.

DaFace
09-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Meh. We had plenty of chances to win the game.

bevischief
09-20-2009, 04:47 PM

They did...

Molitoth
09-20-2009, 04:48 PM

I agree, but the bad call made this loss that much worse for me.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Fans always want to blame everyone but the sacks of shit on the field and the sideline.

Agent V
Brandon Flowers missed a pick six. Matt Cassel should have thrown the ball away, or gone for a TD before the half. Plenty of things lost us the game today, but I chalk it up more to mental errors than the refs.

Dartgod
Meh. We had plenty of chances to blow the game and took advantage of every single one.
Fixed it.

Agent V
09-20-2009, 04:49 PM
And which VERY special teams player let the ball roll into the endzone?

LaChapelle
A 2' stack of Dominos pizzas waiting in the endzone is what killed the Chiefs on that drive.

Dartgod
Brandon Flowers missed a pick six. Matt Cassel should have thrown the ball away, or gone for a TD before the half. Plenty of things lost us the game today, but I chalk it up more to mental errors than the refs.
Exactly. Thread over.

cdcox
09-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Thing is it was a stupid play by Gillberry. You see the QB laying on the ground all rolled up in a ball. He isn't going any where. And you know the refs are going to protect the QB. All you have to do is touch him down. By the time Gillbery gets there, he had already been touched down by another Chief. All was good until Gillberry comes in full steam and plows on top. You give the ref a judgement call. You open the opportunity for a flag. Just stupid on his part. The smart play was to touch him down. Gillberry didn't make the smart play.

Agent V
09-20-2009, 04:53 PM
I also seem to recall three blocking penalties (one by Bobby Wade) on ONE drive. You play dumb football, you reap the benefits.

Sure-Oz
09-20-2009, 04:56 PM
We fucked ourselves, esp just before the half

Over-Head
09-20-2009, 04:57 PM
I seriously think that without the personal foul on Fatmarcus russell that should not have been called, the chiefs would've won the game. After that play, it seemed like the chiefs quit fighting... and lost all momentum.

That bad call had me cursing all over the basement. It sucks to lose to the raiders at home on stupid bullsh*t like that.
Blow me ya fuggen tool!
It's all well and fine to have the ****en zebras all over the Raiders in anyother game, but god forbid it happen to another team.:rolleyes:
Ya lost plain and simple. the ****en game went 3 quarters with only less than double didgets on BOTH sides. The last 2 mins were a fantastic drive by Cassel, topped with another one by Russell, with an incompleat sealing your loss. Plain and simple, end of story

kcpasco
09-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Blow me ya fuggen tool!
It's all well and fine to have the ****en zebras all over the Raiders in anyother game, but god forbid it happen to another team.:rolleyes:
Ya lost plain and simple. the ****en game went 3 quarters with only less than double didgets on BOTH sides. The last 2 mins were a fantastic drive by Cassel, topped with another one by Russell, with an incompleat sealing your loss. Plain and simple, end of story

1 more year of exp and Russell should be that MVP you guys are waiting for

LaChapelle
09-20-2009, 05:05 PM
I wonder if they actually use the carrot and stick routine with Russel.

BCD
09-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Fans always want to blame everyone but the sacks of shit on the field and the sideline.I agree with this, but its hard enough to win without the zebras making shitty calls.

GoHuge
09-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Everyone that is complaining about that being a bad call should watch more NFL football. If you didn't think there was a flag coming in on that play your not very attentive. They always pussify the QB and if you do anything they can interpret as dangerous they are going to call it and do 90 % of the time. That call didn't lose the game. It gave them another chance and with that chance they smoked our defense. The 40-50 yards and the TD they gained after the penalty when our defense went to sleep cost us the game. We still could have stopped them and failed. If I remember right they had a big play right after the penalty so who's to say they wouldn't have picked up the first down on their own? With what our two-minute defense usually does I'd say the chances where at least 50-50. Wasn't the penalty folks.

Dartgod
09-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Anyone blaming the refs for this loss is a moron.

BCD
09-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Anyone blaming the refs for this loss is a moron.I basically blame the whole team for playing stupid, but more importantly Cassell for not throwing that late 1st half pass out of the EZ

Bwana
09-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Um, the refs didn't kill our chances, our players killed our chances. To blame the refs in this case, is low test and bush league. Take the loss like a man and don't be a limp nipple.

Raised On Riots
09-20-2009, 05:35 PM
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?

The Chiefs were given a fucking Gates "Presidents Tray" of opportunities by the refs and the Raiders in this game!
Weak.

Frazod
09-20-2009, 05:35 PM
It was a shitty call, but one bad call should not have mattered. Pissing down our legs every time we got close to the endzone is the reason we lost.

kcfanXIII
09-20-2009, 05:39 PM

hopefully your mom doesn't hear you cussing int the basement. hate to see you get grounded and not share your insight with the planet. even with bad calls, its never the ref's fault your team plays like shit.

3rd&48ers
09-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Blow me ya fuggen tool!

Werd

philfree
09-20-2009, 05:42 PM
That call influenced the outcome of the game plain an simple. Should a game come down to that? I wish it didn't but we're not good enough to overcome something like that late in a game. 10 points ain't enough but what a BS call.

PhilFree:arrow:

Raised On Riots
09-20-2009, 05:45 PM
That call influenced the outcome of the game plain an simple. Should a game come down to that? I wish it didn't but we're not good enough to overcome something like that late in a game. 10 points ain't enough but what a BS call.

PhilFree:arrow:

EVERY call influenced the outcome, and we played like the fucking Bad News Bears and managed to Out-Raider the Raiders.

It is what it is.

kcfanXIII
09-20-2009, 05:46 PM
if you are in a position where a ref can cost you the game, you don't deserve to win. don't worry raider fans, before you go back to your cells, let me congratulate you on the ugliest win in series history, and i'd say the same thing about it if the chiefs had won. what both of these teams are turds, and prob won't be any better than 5 win teams, and i think that's optimistic.

Bwana
09-20-2009, 05:49 PM
if you are in a position where a ref can cost you the game, you don't deserve to win. don't worry raider fans, before you go back to your cells, let me congratulate you on the ugliest win in series history, and i'd say the same thing about it if the chiefs had won. what both of these teams are turds, and prob won't be any better than 5 win teams, and i think that's optimistic.

Yep, congrats Raiders fans. That game was uglier than a trailer park beer queen, but a win is a win. You played well enough for the W.

Raised On Riots
09-20-2009, 05:53 PM
Yep, congrats Raiders fans. That game was uglier than a trailer park beer queen, but a win is a win. You played well enough for the W.

ROFL And HOW!

CoMoChief
09-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Fans always want to blame everyone but the sacks of shit on the field and the sideline.

The refs were on the field/sidelines.

PastorMikH
09-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Thing is it was a stupid play by Gillberry. You see the QB laying on the ground all rolled up in a ball. He isn't going any where. And you know the refs are going to protect the QB. All you have to do is touch him down. By the time Gillbery gets there, he had already been touched down by another Chief. All was good until Gillberry comes in full steam and plows on top. You give the ref a judgement call. You open the opportunity for a flag. Just stupid on his part. The smart play was to touch him down. Gillberry didn't make the smart play.

Yep.

Had that been Cassel and the Refs NOT thrown a flag, the server would have started smoking with all the posts.

Valiant
09-20-2009, 11:25 PM
I was not in agreement with the call. He didn't give himself up and the ball was still live. You jump on him because as a defender you have to anticipate him getting up since no one had touched him. Horrible call but we still choked.

They don't want them flopping on the QB's.. Just touch them when they are on the ground..

The refs did not cost the Chiefs the win, they did that by boneheaded penalties and bad decisions.. Hopefully this is a learning example for the team..

ARROW2
09-21-2009, 06:06 AM
I Always laugh at the "it's never the refs crowd"....That was the game. As someone pointed out...for THIS team, that changed everything...momentum specially..You know the JaFatass is not getting out of that third and long....game over...

Old Dog
09-21-2009, 07:06 AM
I Always laugh at the "it's never the refs crowd"....That was the game. As someone pointed out...for THIS team, that changed everything...momentum specially..You know the JaFatass is not getting out of that third and long....game over...

Which is exactly why Gilberry should have been smart enough to not spear him when he was curled up on the ground. There are a whole hell of a lot of people to blame for that one, but none of them were wearing striped shirts.

Bwana
09-21-2009, 07:38 AM

Dude, come on now! If that would have been our QB, we would have been calling for someone’s head. The NFL protects QB's, yes even Raider QB's. Dingleberry had a brain fart by pulling the old "flying death flop" out of his bag of tricks on the play. Was it the right call, I can sure see the debate, but REALITY is, the officials are going to call that unsportsmanlike conduct 99% of the time, toss the laundry and access the penalty.
<O:p
As a player, you have to be smart enough to realize that fact and be able to process that information on the field. Old Dingle obviously was unable to connect the dots and it cost the team dearly.

Molitoth
09-21-2009, 07:49 AM
You f*cking morAns on the planet really can't read for sh*t can you?

In my original post, I said that the bad call (yes it was a bad call that was very critical) killed the momentum that the chiefs and fans in the stadium had going into that last drive. If that penalty didn't happen I really think we would be looking at a chiefs win.

In the next sentence, I said "they still had a chance to get the raiders off the field and failed."

You f*cks try and flame me for "blaming" the refs??? lol Not my fault you can't read for shit. I did blame the refs for a bad call... but I did not blame them for handing the win to the Raiders... the chiefs had done that all day long.

Agent V
09-21-2009, 07:55 AM

In my original post, I said that the bad call (yes it was a bad call that was very critical) killed the momentum that the chiefs and fans in the stadium had going into that last drive. If that penalty didn't happen I really think we would be looking at a chiefs win.

In the next sentence, I said "they still had a chance to get the raiders off the field and failed."

You f*cks try and flame me for "blaming" the refs??? lol Not my fault you can't read for shit. I did blame the refs for a bad call... but I did not blame them for handing the win to the Raiders... the chiefs had done that all day long.
I understand that. I think people read it differently because you said "to lose on stupid bullshit like that" in reference to the call.

Bwana
09-21-2009, 07:56 AM

Decaffeinated?

Agent V
09-21-2009, 07:57 AM
Decaffeinated?

Couldn't hurt.

Molitoth
09-21-2009, 08:07 AM
Decaffeinated?

:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

lol - I'm fine. =P

I get annoyed when the planet would agree with what I'm sayin if they could only read. :D

I think some read my first sentence and immediatly jumped down to the quick reply to say something negative.

Bwana
09-21-2009, 08:26 AM
:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

lol - I'm fine. =P

I get annoyed when the planet would agree with what I'm sayin if they could only read. :D

I think some read my first sentence and immediatly jumped down to the quick reply to say something negative.

ROFL

I understand partner, I'm guilty of thinking it was something it wasn't myself, if that's the case.

Something tells me that the coaching staff will be conducting a "little review of defense 101" pertaining to a QB that is lying on the ground thsi week.

As I stated above, it may have been a horseshit call, but the officials are going to toss that flag 99% of the time to protect a QB in that situation.

If QB's start going down, the quality of the team's drop off and people start getting a, "why should I watch attitude" hence, the TV viewing and ratings drop off costing the NFL money.

I have no idea if all that would happen, but I guarantee that's the thought process the commissioner has on the subject, which is why the officials will protect QB's at any cost.

ARROW2
09-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Which is exactly why Gilberry should have been smart enough to not spear him when he was curled up on the ground. There are a whole hell of a lot of people to blame for that one, but none of them were wearing striped shirts.

He DIDN'T spear him....try again..

ARROW2
09-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Dude, come on now! If that would have been our QB, we would have been calling for someone’s head. The NFL protects QB's, yes even Raider QB's. Dingleberry had a brain fart by pulling the old "flying death flop" out of his bag of tricks on the play. Was it the right call, I can sure see the debate, but REALITY is, the officials are going to call that unsportsmanlike conduct 99% of the time, toss the laundry and access the penalty.
<O:p
As a player, you have to be smart enough to realize that fact and be able to process that information on the field. Old Dingle obviously was unable to connect the dots and it cost the team dearly.

No, that would be just begging for a bailout, which the Faders received....Bullshit..

Bwana
09-21-2009, 01:44 PM
No, that would be just begging for a bailout, which the Faders received....Bullshit..

As I said before, I don't agree with the rule, but it is wah tit is. If you don't like it, write the NFL office. Let me know what they say.

Stewie
09-21-2009, 03:31 PM
How many penalties did Oakland have on that drive? Three? They converted everything from 10+ yards. They tried to give us the ball, but we wouldn't abide.

Bwana
09-21-2009, 07:29 PM
How many penalties did Oakland have on that drive? Three? They converted everything from 10+ yards. They tried to give us the ball, but we wouldn't abide.

yep

Over-Head
09-21-2009, 07:33 PM
You f*cking morAns on the planet really can't read for sh*t can you?.
I'm a Raider fan, on this board thats a ree-tore-a-kill type question

You f*cks try and flame me .
Thats my job though :(