PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Feels Good To Have the Chiefs Back

Reerun_KC
09-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Yeah yeah yeah, there are plenty of candy ass whiners here tonight, but man didnt it feel good to have Chiefs football back?

I havent been this excited since DV's last year. Just felt real again. Yes we lost, whine, cry and blame...

The Chiefs actually mean something again, sundays actually feel like sundays again. Glad to see the 3 year death penalty have left us. Yes we are going to lose alot of heartbreakers this year, but this team and staff is building something special. You can just feel it in the air....

That is all...

Buehler445
09-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Yes. I haven't WANTED the Chiefs to win this badly in a long time. I want them to win badly every week, but this time I needed it. I was pretty crushed after the game and had a pretty significant meltdown. I didn't share it with you guys, but I was pretty crushed.

I guess I'm just anxious to wash the Herm/Carl stink off this team and get to work....It's going to take some time.

jidar
09-20-2009, 07:17 PM
True enough, at least it was fun to watch.

Claynus
09-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Todd Haley really impressed. He made chicken salad with chicken shit today. Over 400 fucking yards?

sedated
09-20-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm now pretty excited about the coaching staff, or head coach at least.

It will be interesting to see what great playes (if any) develop this year, and what the new front office will do in the offseason.

Buehler445
09-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Todd Haley really impressed. He made chicken salad with chicken shit today. Over 400 fucking yards?

That made the loss more fucking brutal to deal with. We beat the fuck out of them. Fuck.

philfree
09-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Todd Haley really impressed. He made chicken salad with chicken shit today. Over 400 ****ing yards?

And we gave up a whopping 166 yards on D.

PhilFree:arrow:

headsnap
09-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Herm nearly killed my enthusiasm for the Chiefs... I had quite a bit of that return to me today... :thumb:

Spott
09-20-2009, 07:36 PM

And 10 points to show for it.

Bane
09-20-2009, 07:37 PM
True enough, at least it was fun to watch.

Your old lady said you can watch us if you like.Dont worry I'll only use half of it!!!!ROFL

DeezNutz
09-20-2009, 07:40 PM
He's waving it in:

http://images.inmagine.com/img/image100/01017/01017028.jpg

http://www.kreativekorp.com/miscpages/omgwtfbbq/roflcopter.gif

Claynus
09-20-2009, 07:41 PM
And 10 points to show for it.

Wasn't his fault. Bad execution.

joesomebody
09-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Not getting that field goal at the end of the first half was ridiculous. We were in range with the clock stopped and he decided to run another play when we had zero timeouts.

DeezNutz
09-20-2009, 07:44 PM

Caption that Cassel pic.

Dude had some positive moments, but you bet your ass he shares some of the blame for leaving points on the board. 3 are directly attributed to him.

Claynus
09-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Caption that Cassel pic.

Dude had some positive moments, but you bet your ass he shares some of the blame for leaving points on the board. 3 are directly attributed to him.

I agree completely.

What Cassel pic?

Reerun_KC
09-20-2009, 07:50 PM
I'm now pretty excited about the coaching staff, or head coach at least.

It will be interesting to see what great playes (if any) develop this year, and what the new front office will do in the offseason.

This, It just felt like it was that start of something special we have been longing for...

Reerun_KC
09-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Herm nearly killed my enthusiasm for the Chiefs... I had quite a bit of that return to me today... :thumb:

Agree, I am so thrilled that we are moving forward...

sedated
09-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Not getting that field goal at the end of the first half was ridiculous. We were in range with the clock stopped and he decided to run another play when we had zero timeouts.

that was on Cassel, not Haley.

Any good QB should be able to run a play from inside the opponents' 10 with 15 seconds left. The ONLY thing the QB can't do is throw a dump-off pass that has no chance of going out of bounds.

DeezNutz
09-20-2009, 07:56 PM
I agree completely.

What Cassel pic?

Any.

Smartassery.

"Wasn't his fault" could well become an anthem.

wazu
09-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Yes. I haven't WANTED the Chiefs to win this badly in a long time.

Gotta agree here. I was so into this game. It's like a weight has been lifted and my cynicism that was forged through so many years of disappointment just wasn't there today. I screamed myself hoarse at Arrowhead, and left the stadium monumentally disappointed. The crowd wasn't full, but the passion was high. People were all screaming and yelling throughout the game. Haven't seen it that way in a long time.

This organization is taking positive steps. They'll get a solid two years before I let my cynicism creep back in.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Yea, i agree, after we scored that TD, and oakland had the ball, Arrowhead was rocking, i havent heard that loud in years. Too bad the dam official gave the raider half their yards on that drive.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2009, 08:38 PM

That will be the story of the entire season

Frazod
09-20-2009, 08:45 PM
This doesn't feel good. I'm sick of this shit. I'm actually becoming numb to it. Sort like I how I became numb to the Royals.

KCtotheSB
09-20-2009, 08:45 PM
This must have been what Ravens fans felt like last week in dominating a team and having them hang around....only this time the inferior team won.

Well, "inferior" in the stat department anyways.....

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2009, 08:48 PM
This doesn't feel good. I'm sick of this shit. I'm actually becoming numb to it. Sort like I how I became numb to the Royals.

I'm with you.

I don't expect the Chiefs to win a game this year. Seriously.

And if/when they do, I'll be freaking gonzo excited.

But until then, meh. I don't get excited over losing by a few points.

At the end of the day, a loss is a loss, regardless of how it's painted.

KCtotheSB
09-20-2009, 08:49 PM

I was a bit numb to it also....but today's really REALLY hurt. I was beyond pissed the whole game because I knew we should have been a few SCORES ahead of the damn Raiders.

The Raiders offense did nothing minus that final drive where we went tits up by not blitzing. I think it was the stats all in our favor, our dominating play and all compounded by the fact that this was the f'n Raiders.....

FringeNC
09-20-2009, 09:14 PM
Yeah yeah yeah, there are plenty of candy ass whiners here tonight, but man didnt it feel good to have Chiefs football back?

I havent been this excited since DV's last year. Just felt real again. Yes we lost, whine, cry and blame...

The Chiefs actually mean something again, sundays actually feel like sundays again. Glad to see the 3 year death penalty have left us. Yes we are going to lose alot of heartbreakers this year, but this team and staff is building something special. You can just feel it in the air....

That is all...

YES.

YES.

C-Mac
09-20-2009, 09:31 PM
And we gave up a whopping 166 yards on D.

PhilFree:arrow:

I don't recall if any tight ends from the Raiders even caught a ball or even had one thrown at them.

TRR
09-20-2009, 09:49 PM
I agree with the thread starter. I thought a page was turned today. Problem is, there are several chapters left to even be a competitive football team.

My issue with today's game...

(1) Why was Haley so focused on getting the ball to O'Connell and Ryan...especially early? He must have saw something on tape to draw up plays for KC's group of TE's, but it wasn't working. KC has VERY LITTLE skill at the TE position.

(2) Savage played a very good game today, but why send him deep? Is Savage that good of a receiving RB? The seam route that got picked was interesting because Savage is so little, he never could adjust to the high ball, nor did he really lay out to try. That being said, I would rather see the trio of LJ, Savage, and Charles active rather than Jackie Battle. Battle is a great practice player, but doesn't do much for me in game situations...

(3) Can we utilize Mark Bradley instead of Bobby Engram. Engram played a decent game, but Bradley has way better speed, and is capable of making a lot more plays than Engram is. Bradley has had his trouble staying focused, but let's get the talent out on the field.

(4) Bobby Wade may not be the answer at punt returner, but he is definitely a partial answer to the WR problem. He loves to go over the middle, has great hands, seems to already connect with Cassel after 5 days of practice, and fights for balls. I can see why Todd Haley was excited to get this kid up and running. I hope they signed him to a longer deal than just 1 year. He is the perfect option in the slot for the next 3-4 years IMO.

KCrockaholic
09-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Whoa. Did we skip to week 9 and actually win a game? This is not the Chiefs that I want. I want to ****ing win ****ing games! Morale victories dont ****ing count! We are the only ****ing team in the AFC West without a win! And the AFC West sucks! How can anyone be happy when we have only won 2 ****ing games out of the last twenty god damn seven!

rtmike
09-20-2009, 09:55 PM
It pained me to not be able to watch the game today, even if they lost.

I keep telling myself to be patient. It could be a lot worse, Al Davis could be our owner.

rambleonthruthefog
09-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Whoa. Did we skip to week 9 and actually win a game? This is not the Chiefs that I want. I want to ****ing win ****ing games! Morale victories dont ****ing count! We are the only ****ing team in the AFC West without a win! And the AFC West sucks! How can anyone be happy when we have only won 2 ****ing games out of the last twenty god damn seven!

thats where i'm at. just win.

Reerun_KC
09-20-2009, 10:01 PM

The loss sucked ass no doubt, but you cant deny that it feels like Chiefs football again...

There was passion in the stands, shit my heart was pounding all day before the game.. The fanbase has a pulse from the 3 year flatline. The family actually watched the game today, first time in years...

Crap we actually cooked, drank and planned the day aroudn the Chiefs, something we used to do every sunday until Herm arrived.

Yeah we lost, it sucks, I am pissed, but tell me you dont feel different about the team and future...

Skip Towne
09-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Just another boring loss. What is this? 25 out of the last 27? Hooray!

Buehler445
09-20-2009, 10:06 PM

Today was the most crushed I've been after a loss in several years. And I think that's the point of the OP. Carl, after TWO DECADES, of shit ass is gone, and we have the most sought after GM in the league, maybe in all of sports. We also have a coach that is the EXACT OPPOSITE of Squirmin Herman motherfucking sack of cunt Edwards. There is a reason to like this team, instead of being pissed that fucktards are fucking it up.

Losing fucking blows, but being hopeless is significantly worse.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-20-2009, 10:07 PM
The loss sucked ass no doubt, but you cant deny that it feels like Chiefs football again...

There was passion in the stands, shit my heart was pounding all day before the game.. The fanbase has a pulse from the 3 year flatline. The family actually watched the game today, first time in years...

Crap we actually cooked, drank and planned the day aroudn the Chiefs, something we used to do every sunday until Herm arrived.

Yeah we lost, it sucks, I am pissed, but tell me you dont feel different about the team and future...
yup,there feels like there is a vision towards success, i can actually see us being good in a couple years, its better than the shit we had to put up with in the last 3 years.

Reerun_KC
09-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Today was the most crushed I've been after a loss in several years. And I think that's the point of the OP. Carl, after TWO DECADES, of shit ass is gone, and we have the most sought after GM in the league, maybe in all of sports. We also have a coach that is the EXACT OPPOSITE of Squirmin Herman mother****ing sack of **** Edwards. There is a reason to like this team, instead of being pissed that ****tards are ****ing it up.

Losing ****ing blows, but being hopeless is significantly worse.

Its not as hopeless as everyone is letting on... Sure we have loss and ass load of games (thanks Herm). But to me, this is the start of a new era.. I could give a shit less to what we have done the last 3 or hell even 20 years.

Like you stated, we have a highly prized GM, a HC that isnt a self promoting ass clown, and a direction that isnt centered around fail. I am excited, sucks were 0-2, but the future has a plan and they are following it.

FAX
09-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Disturbed, disappointed, but not disillusioned.

I'm disappointed we didn't win. Obviously, we should have. Somewhere along the way, bad Herm juju caused us to become inept at scoring touchdowns and the infamous Canine Hooker Defense still excels at screwing the pooch on third and long in critical situations. Somebody needs to get their hands on some crow pecker ashes, a handful of newt eyeballs, disembowel a toad, stuff all that in a human skull and jam the whole thing up Herm's ass. Maybe that will break the curse. Plus, as everyone knows, turning the ball over and making stupid mistakes is inconsistent with success in this league.

I'm not disillusioned, though. I have come to believe that Haley is a very competent HC and playcaller. Hopefully, he'll spend more time on red-zone strategies this week. Personally, I have no doubt that, eventually, Pioli and Haley will get this thing figured out. We should have won this game but, as Haley has said before, we're not good enough to overcome mistakes.

As for the disturbed part, they tell me that's due mostly to having had a poor childhood, stress, and spending too much time on the internet.

FAX

PastorMikH
09-20-2009, 10:39 PM
I can't believe we're two games into the season and Pioli and Haley haven't righted this ship yet. I mean, we should be winning every stinkin' game by now. We're busting at the seams with pro-bowl caliber talent at every position and Haley can't get it done. The fact that Pioli hasn't fired Haley yet only goes to show that he's just as incompetent as Haley.

Seriously, this team has a lot of problems. Carl/Herm did such a number over the last several years (shoot, the D has been in decline since the turn of the century) that Billecheck would have a hard time putting Ws together right out of the gate. Add in a first time HC, a whole new coaching staff, new offensive and defensive systems, and almost half the roster being new, it will take some time for everyone to get on the same page and chemistry to develop.

Face it, it's probably going to take more than two games to get things back on track. In fact, it may take a few years to get this team to a playoff level of talent and ability.

I see some positives...
-I like the fire Haley has shown. Some may call it yelling, but I see a HC that is wanting to win.

-I liked the competitive spirit I saw in Cassel today. Dude has a messed up knee but isn't afraid to scramble for the first down marker.

-Bowe's catching everything that comes his way

-It was nice to see some downfield passing and a mix of run/pass.

-Say what you want about the poor pass rush and all, Oakland's O wasn't on the field that much, and until the last drive, our D did a decent job of getting the Raiders O off the field.

Will Haley be the answer? I don't know yet. But this teams been going downhill for more than a decade. I'm willing to wait a little longer before I quit rooting for the Chiefs.

Reerun_KC
09-20-2009, 10:40 PM
Disturbed, disappointed, but not disillusioned.

I'm disappointed we didn't win. Obviously, we should have. Somewhere along the way, bad Herm juju caused us to become inept at scoring touchdowns and the infamous Canine Hooker Defense still excels at screwing the pooch on third and long in critical situations. Somebody needs to get their hands on some crow pecker ashes, a handful of newt eyeballs, disembowel a toad, stuff all that in a human skull and jam the whole thing up Herm's ass. Maybe that will break the curse. Plus, as everyone knows, turning the ball over and making stupid mistakes is inconsistent with success in this league.

I'm not disillusioned, though. I have come to believe that Haley is a very competent HC and playcaller. Hopefully, he'll spend more time on red-zone strategies this week. Personally, I have no doubt that, eventually, Pioli and Haley will get this thing figured out. We should have won this game but, as Haley has said before, we're not good enough to overcome mistakes.

As for the disturbed part, they tell me that's due mostly to having had a poor childhood, stress, and spending too much time on the internet.

FAX

:clap:

Man we look forward to these posts!

:clap: my friend that was awesome!

KCrockaholic
09-21-2009, 01:28 AM

Oh trust me, I love the direction we are headed in. I just cant sit back and say Im satisfied with a loss. Yeah we played great statistically, but we didnt capitalize on scoring opportunities. I love Todd Haley, Pioli is awesome. But until we win games I wont be ok and feel like Chiefs football is back. FAX's post was perfect. That basically explains how I feel. We just need to win again. And I wont be happy with our fans until we start filling the seats at Arrowhead. Only 70,000 today? What happened to 79,451? Or more? Now, I must say I wasnt at the game or anything, but living in Colorado makes it difficult to go to games. But if I had my choice I would be there every sunday losing my voice for those guys.

MahiMike
09-21-2009, 11:24 AM
I agree. I'm stoked even though we're 0-2. Feels like there's definite progress. I'd rather lose while improving than get fluke wins and a feeling of false hopes.

Dave Lane
09-21-2009, 11:31 AM

That is all...

I can feel it to and love rooting for them to win instead of hoping to lose to end the stooges reign in KC

Skip Towne
09-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Yeah I love stumbling around week after week with some n00b head coach. Welcome back!

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-21-2009, 11:59 AM

HUH???? There was nothing wrong with calling another play in that situation. The blame is solely on Cassel and Haley was PISSED after that play.

If he had went for the field goal people would be crying about that and they'd be calling him HERM Jr. and other dumbassery.

ChiefGator
09-21-2009, 12:15 PM
It was alot of fun to watch this game, and it was really pretty fun last week as well. It is good to have hope and fun again.

That said, I really hoped we would win this one, since this was our first, best chance to get a victory in the first six games or so this year.

memyselfI
09-21-2009, 12:19 PM
HUH???? There was nothing wrong with calling another play in that situation. The blame is solely on Cassel and Haley was PISSED after that play.

If he had went for the field goal people would be crying about that and they'd be calling him HERM Jr. and other dumbassery.

Last week it was Croyle's fault for not snapping the ball and bad clock management. This week it's Cassel's fault for not running the play and poor clock management. Yet, they are both coached by the SAME coach who is an OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

What is the common denominator between the two QBs?

Fish
09-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Lovely.... Reerun trashed Herm for anything and everything that possibly went wrong with the franchise while Herm was here. Blaming every facet of the game on the head coach. Everything.

Now we have a new coach... but the team is still making terrible game day decisions, screwing up clock management to the point it affects the outcome of the game, making questionable play calls, etc. And, we've yet to win a game despite having many chances to do so.

But fear not, because it's good to have the Chiefs back....

Good grief... The hypocrisy is palpable....

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Lovely.... Reerun trashed Herm for anything and everything that possibly went wrong with the franchise while Herm was here. Blaming every facet of the game on the head coach. Everything.

Now we have a new coach... but the team is still making terrible game day decisions, screwing up clock management to the point it affects the outcome of the game, making questionable play calls, etc. And, we've yet to win a game despite having many chances to do so.

Hey, I like Reerun as a person. I think he's a good dude.

But this thread is so fucking disingenuous that it makes me want to fucking puke.

And the fact that other members play along in this fucking abortion of a swimming-pool-filled-with-shit thread is disgusting.

The Bad Guy
09-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Comparing Herm and Haley is a complete joke in itself.

Herm was a coach for 3 seasons before coming here. He made the same mistakes over and over and over again. His clock management never improved. His half time adjustments were some of the worst in NFL history.

Haley is in his 2nd game running the show, as well as calling plays. Comparing him to Herm is a laughable joke. Haley can be compared to Herm in a year if he's still making the same BS mistakes. Not now.

Herman Edwards and Carl Peterson ruined this franchise. It's going to take Pioli and Haley a hell of a long time to fix the mistakes that have been made over an entire decade.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2009, 12:30 PM

Herm was a coach for 3 seasons before coming here. He made the same mistakes over and over and over again. His clock management never improved. His half time adjustments were some of the worst in NFL history.

Haley is in his 2nd game running the show, as well as calling plays. Comparing him to Herm is a laughable joke. Haley can be compared to Herm in a year if he's still making the same BS mistakes. Not now.

Herman Edwards and Carl Peterson ruined this franchise. It's going to take Pioli and Haley a hell of a long time to fix the mistakes that have been made over an entire decade.

Absolutely.

But there's been no magic wand waved over Arrowhead. We're still witnessing the same exact types of mistakes and watching a very bad football team. In that regard, nothing has changed.

Hopefully, Pioli and Haley can change all of that over the course of the next three seasons.

But it certainly hasn't happened after two games.

OnTheWarpath58
09-21-2009, 12:33 PM

I think you're missing it, Frank.

I don't think people are using the Haley/Herm "comparisons" to say that Haley is a shitty coach.

Personally, the guy has grown on me, he wasn't my first, second or third choice. I'm not saying he is a shitty HC, or will be one in the future.

People are merely pointing out the hypocrisy of the fanbase.

Last year, EVERYTHING was Herm Edwards fault.

Mis-use of time outs? Herm's fault.

Shitty clock management? Herm's fault.

Bad situational play calling? Herm's fault.

Leaving points on the board? Herm's fault.

Constant mental mistakes? Herm's fault.

All those things happened yesterday, but for some reason, they are everyone BUT Todd Haley's fault.

You can't have it both ways.

The Bad Guy
09-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Absolutely.

But there's been no magic wand waved over Arrowhead. We're still witnessing the same exact types of mistakes and watching a very bad football team. In that regard, nothing has changed.

Hopefully, Pioli and Haley can change all of that over the course of the next three seasons.

And I doubt it really is cured over a full season.

A ton of these players just have a losers mentallity because losing was accepted the last 2 years. The Chiefs never came into games expecting to win. Haley and Pioli have taken steps in the right direction, but the stentch of the Herm's shit cloud will remain over this team for at least until next training camp.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Last week it was Croyle's fault for not snapping the ball and bad clock management. This week it's Cassel's fault for not running the play and poor clock management. Yet, they are both coached by the SAME coach who is an OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

Look at the thread where the Charger fan is upset about his coach kicking the field goal at the end of the half in a similar situation. People would be PISSED if Haley hadn't gone for the TD. Cassel was resposible to either throw it to the endzone or out of bounds. The QB has to be smarter than that.

The Bad Guy
09-21-2009, 12:35 PM
I think you're missing it, Frank.

I don't think people are using the Haley/Herm "comparisons" to say that Haley is a shitty coach.

Personally, the guy has grown on me, he wasn't my first, second or third choice. I'm not saying he is a shitty HC, or will be one in the future.

People are merely pointing out the hypocrisy of the fanbase.

Last year, EVERYTHING was Herm Edwards fault.

Mis-use of time outs? Herm's fault.

Shitty clock management? Herm's fault.

Bad situational play calling? Herm's fault.

Leaving points on the board? Herm's fault.

Constant mental mistakes? Herm's fault.

All those things happened yesterday, but for some reason, they are everyone BUT Todd Haley's fault.

You can't have it both ways.

I agree with that.

I did miss the point.

It was a very sloppy game. I'll give it a pass one or two times, but this team can not win when they beat themselves. This is the least talented Chiefs team I can ever remember and that's saying something.

OnTheWarpath58
09-21-2009, 12:36 PM
Look at the thread where the Charger fan is upset about his coach kicking the field goal at the end of the half in a similar situation. People would be PISSED if Haley hadn't gone for the TD. Cassel was resposible to either throw it to the endzone or out of bounds. The common denominator is boneheaded plays by the QB.

And guess what? He didn't go for the TD.

As a playcaller, why are you sending in a play that even gives your QB the OPTION to put the ball somewhere you don't want it to go?

I'd love to see one of the coaches polaroids on that play to see how many players we actually had running routes to the EZ.

memyselfI
09-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Look at the thread where the Charger fan is upset about his coach kicking the field goal at the end of the half in a similar situation. People would be PISSED if Haley hadn't gone for the TD. Cassel was resposible to either throw it to the endzone or out of bounds. The QB has to be smarter than that.

It's my belief that you don't leave points on the field, period. You can argue whether the appropriate play was to take the FG or go for a TD but neither happened. For the second week in a row the QB was in a position where they should be operating on automatic pilot and instead shut down. Two DIFFERENT QBs...

one HC.

FringeNC
09-21-2009, 12:40 PM
Absolutely.

Dominating the LOS against bad teams is a necessary but certainly not sufficient condition in building a championship team. After the last three years of us getting dominated game after game at the LOS, I just don't see how some refuse to view it as a positive step toward respectability. JFC, there were none of those hopeful signs in 2007 and 2008. Nobody is saying the rebuild is 90% complete or anything like that, but to dismiss the stats outright from yesterday seems odd to me...just as those who were worried about the Baltimore's complete domination had a point.

Fish
09-21-2009, 12:42 PM
And I doubt it really is cured over a full season.

A ton of these players just have a losers mentallity because losing was accepted the last 2 years. The Chiefs never came into games expecting to win. Haley and Pioli have taken steps in the right direction, but the stentch of the Herm's shit cloud will remain over this team for at least until next training camp.

I agree. And yet, here we are in a thread titled "Feels Good To Have the Chiefs Back"....

The Chiefs aren't "Back"... that's the point. And saying they are and throwing around rainbows and hugs like the light switch is finally on is way too early. It's hypocritical and sad...

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-21-2009, 12:42 PM

As a playcaller, why are you sending in a play that even gives your QB the OPTION to put the ball somewhere you don't want it to go?

I'd love to see one of the coaches polaroids on that play to see how many players we actually had running routes to the EZ.

I am sorry, but Matt has got to be smarter than that.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-21-2009, 12:45 PM
It's my belief that you don't leave points on the field, period. You can argue whether the appropriate play was to take the FG or go for a TD but neither happened. For the second week in a row the QB was in a position where they should be operating on automatic pilot and instead shut down. Two DIFFERENT QBs...

one HC.

If anything it was the clock management that lead to burning 2 early timeouts that did them in. I will put that blame on Todd, but not for running a play with 15 seconds left.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2009, 12:51 PM
If anything it was the clock management that lead to burning 2 early timeouts that did them in. I will put that blame on Todd, but not for running a play with 15 seconds left.

I will.

He should have MADE IT CLEAR to Cassel that he throws it to the endzone or out of bounds. One or the other.

No exceptions.

The Chiefs absolutely NEEDED to put points on the board.

Haley deserves ALL of the blame.

kysirsoze
09-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Last year we were bad and getting worse. I believe this year we are bad and getting better. That's an enormous difference. Quibbing over the thread title is a little pointless. The point is we do have some real reasons to be excited here.

The_Grand_Illusion
09-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Dominating the LOS against bad teams is a necessary but certainly not sufficient condition in building a championship team. After the last three years of us getting dominated game after game at the LOS, I just don't see how some refuse to view it as a positive step toward respectability. JFC, there were none of those hopeful signs in 2007 and 2008. Nobody is saying the rebuild is 90% complete or anything like that, but to dismiss the stats outright from yesterday seems odd to me...just as those who were worried about the Baltimore's complete domination had a point.

Indeed, and what makes the offensive stats even more impressive is the team is only 3 games into learning a new offensive playbook. It would have been nice to have the offseason, training camp, the preseason to work out the mistakes but despite the mistakes, we have made some strides on the offense considering. Hopefully as the team gets more comfortable with the new playbook, we won't see as many of these mistakes. Time will tell.

DrRyan
09-21-2009, 01:27 PM

Exactly. But, there is no reason at all that you would not run a play there and try and get the TD.

Screw moral victories, but you cannot deny there were positives in this game. Nearly a 2:1 advantage in time of possession, only 166 yards of total offense, 2.7 ypc and 0 rec for Oakland TEs after a week of hearing that the Raiders would run up and down the field and Zach Miller would kill them down the seam.

How you can possibly call it Haley's fault that Cassel left three points on the board by throwing it in the flat makes my head hurt. How can you possibly put that on Haley? Seriously.

Good God, it is not Haley's fault Cassel made a bad decision before half. How can people seriously be arguing that? I can agree that burning the time outs early falls on his shoulders. Cassel has to take some of that blame as well.

As would I. Are you insinuating that all receivers or most receivers were running routes inbounds?

I will.

He should have MADE IT CLEAR to Cassel that he throws it to the endzone or out of bounds. One or the other.

No exceptions.

The Chiefs absolutely NEEDED to put points on the board.

Haley deserves ALL of the blame.

Dane, this is an insane take. Did Haley throw the football inbounds? Did Cassel throw the ball inbounds? Cassel is an NFL QB, he knows to throw it in the end zone or out of bounds.

DeezNutz
09-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Cassel is an NFL QB, he knows to throw it in the end zone or out of bounds.

Apparently he doesn't.

And the first independent clause in the above has yet to be answered.

DrRyan
09-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Apparently he doesn't.

And the first independent clause in the above has yet to be answered.

Well, after yesterday's bad decision making before half time, maybe he doesn't. But, no rational person can put all the blame on Haley. How can that even be argued?

DeezNutz
09-21-2009, 01:47 PM
Well, after yesterday's bad decision making before half time, maybe he doesn't. But, no rational person can put all the blame on Haley. How can that even be argued?

Any NFL QB should know not to do what Cassel did. Period.

We'll find out this year if Cassel fits into the category of "NFL QB."

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Dane, this is an insane take. Did Haley throw the football inbounds? Did Cassel throw the ball inbounds? Cassel is an NFL QB, he knows to throw it in the end zone or out of bounds.

Really? It is?

Huh.

Who's the QB coach? Oh yeah, Todd Haley.

Who's the offensive coordinator? Oh yeah, Todd Haley.

Who's the head coach that decided to start Cassel, despite the fact that the head coach changed the QB coach and offensive coordinator since his last start?

Oh yeah, Todd Haley.

Absolving Todd Haley, the QB/OC/Head Coach of blame for his QB's play during final 15 seconds of the first half is absolutely ludicrous.

Reerun_KC
09-22-2009, 08:00 PM
I agree. And yet, here we are in a thread titled "Feels Good To Have the Chiefs Back"....

The Chiefs aren't "Back"... that's the point. And saying they are and throwing around rainbows and hugs like the light switch is finally on is way too early. It's hypocritical and sad...
As usual your a whiny douche because Reerun didnt like Herm and you did...

Well have a big glass of aids...

I could give a monkeys ass if your crying about someone being hyprocritical..

But as usual, you go off on some tangent without even knowing what the thread title really means, your preception is ass...