PDA

View Full Version : Life Jail may have been good.

badgirl
09-20-2009, 07:16 PM
My son, the one who went to jail back in the Spring said he has been thinking and he beleives he is going to join the Marines. I remember when he was in High School talking about joining but he hadn't mentioned it in a long time. I think this may be a smart choice. He lives in a small town where trouble sometimes finds you, if he goes to the Marines it will get him out of there and hopefully start him a new life with a bright future.

Buehler445
09-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Good for your son. Tell him to start conditioning now, so you don't see him at home in a couple months.

badgirl
09-20-2009, 07:25 PM
Good for your son. Tell him to start conditioning now, so you don't see him at home in a couple months.

I'll let him know, he doesn't smoke and he's in good shape, not overweight or anything but I know basic in the Marines is tough so yea he needs to start now. Thanks

Mr. Laz
09-20-2009, 07:27 PM
If he's been in jail will the marines accept him?

badgirl
09-20-2009, 07:33 PM
If he's been in jail will the marines accept him?

All the charges were dismissed.

BCD
09-20-2009, 07:38 PM
All the charges were dismissed.So, why was he in jail?

Bane
09-20-2009, 07:42 PM
My son, the one who went to jail back in the Spring said he has been thinking and he beleives he is going to join the Marines. I remember when he was in High School talking about joining but he hadn't mentioned it in a long time. I think this may be a smart choice. He lives in a small town where trouble sometimes finds you, if he goes to the Marines it will get him out of there and hopefully start him a new life with a bright future.

Good luck.I know my lil brother has spent most of his young adult life in prison and its a shame cause he had some mad ball skills.The boy could have played college ball but was too stupid to grow up.Good luck to your boy.:clap:

joesomebody
09-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Dismissed or not he will need to be open and honest with the recruiters. I assure you when he goes for his security clearances they will find out. Better to let them know than for them to find out later.

badgirl
09-20-2009, 08:17 PM
So, why was he in jail?

He got caught with pot and a bong and rolling papers, why it was dismissed is a long story. The judge said it would not even be on his record at all, he was in jail 3 weeks and the judge didn't even know he was locked up so she held the woman from drug court in contempt and dismissed all charges against him.