PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Nick lowers the boom on Haley and Pioli!

Count Alex's Losses
09-20-2009, 08:17 PM
http://kan.scout.com/2/901149.html

The tone of this article would have been ugly even had the Chiefs pulled out a victory Sunday over the Oakland Raiders. But that’s not the case as Haley’s Bunch lost to an inferior football team and now face the real possibility they could start the 2009 season with an 0-7 record. Now they face a murderer’s row schedule with four NFC teams before San Diego.

This game falls on the inexperience of head coach Todd Haley. Just seconds after the Chiefs had taken a 10-6 lead, he did what every NFL coach does in a late game situation - he played soft coverage outside and only rushed four defensive linemen during the Raiders’ game winning drive.

It’s the kind of coaching that will start the Bill Cowher talk again in Kansas City at season’s end. The Chiefs missed a golden opportunity to beat arguably the worst starting quarterback in the NFL. They should be 1-1 today and instead their season is on the brink of extinction. Again, you could see that this team just does not know how to win football games.

The Raiders have now won three straight games at Arrowhead. They outplayed the Raiders in every category, except penalties. It’s clear that the team general manager Scott Pioli (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3933332) put together is short on talent. The Chiefs are a Tony Gonzalez away from being 2-0.

Gonzalez is in Atlanta with two touchdowns on the season while the Chiefs’ offense has no presence in the middle of the field.

That’s not the only problem, of course, but it’s a part of the puzzle when you design a football team. You can’t underestimate a position that has been such a strength for the Chiefs for over a decade.

The game should have been over in the first half, but instead the score stood 3-3. The Chiefs were flagged for numerous penalties that cost them first downs and field position. In fact, you could say that the Chiefs looked more like the Raiders with their mental errors.

Right now this football team is on critical life support. All the progress they made a week ago in Baltimore had me burping up the Kool-Aid I was drinking, thinking Kansas City would win Sunday.

Instead, the Chiefs let JaMarcus Russell (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4249031) complete four passes on the final drive. He had completed three prior to that.

Defensively speaking, the Chiefs played well until the final two minutes, when their head coach and defensive coordinator pulled the plug on their aggressiveness. We saw it in the preseason and now that disease is infiltrating the regular season.

I could go on and on, but you get the drift. It’s just too easy to pile on right now. There weren’t enough positives Sunday to think that with four NFC games coming up, the Chiefs have a shot at winning one.

Will Haley’s Bunch recover? This loss will sting so much that it appears the Chiefs, eventually, will be hard pressed to think they are any different under Haley and Pioli than they were a year ago under Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson.

Chocolate Hog
09-20-2009, 08:18 PM
I wouldn't even use WPI to wipe my ass with

sedated
09-20-2009, 08:19 PM
insightful

*rolleyes*

the Talking Can
09-20-2009, 08:20 PM
oh no

DaKCMan AP
09-20-2009, 08:21 PM
Haley’s Bunch lost to an inferior football team

Wha?

NewChief
The best part about this is that if the Chiefs were still giving Athan access, he would have written a full-on positive justification article. While I appreciate that he's no longer a hired shill of the organization, the guy has zero journalistic ethics.

Jethopper
At first glance I thought this was going to be a Nick Lowery thread.

yeti
division-leader San Diego.

What?

Quiet Storm
I know its waaaaay too early but if Pioli was gonna blow up the coaching staff (again) you wouldn't like Cowher?

ps...I think Haley is going to be a good coach...as much as it pains me to say.

milkman
09-20-2009, 08:22 PM

We agree on this.

Skip Towne
09-20-2009, 08:23 PM
One improvement is Pioli kicking WPI's ass out.

Agent V
09-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Hey Nick, don't you have a Derrick Thomas screenplay to finish you sweater-wearing douchebag?

Dartgod
I'll bet they're shaking in their boots at One Arrowhead Drive.

Or maybe not...

KChiefs1
Why did I waste my time reading this worthless pile of crap?

Bane

Exactly.Then my ass would just be full of shit again!!!ROFL

Count Alex's Losses
09-20-2009, 08:25 PM
The best part about this is that if the Chiefs were still giving Athan access, he would have written a full-on positive justification article. While I appreciate that he's no longer a hired shill of the organization, the guy has zero journalistic ethics.

Nah, he was very positive last week. He's the same guy.

Count Alex's Losses
One improvement is Pioli kicking WPI's ass out.

We still have access, numbnuts.

BigMeatballDave
The Raiders have now won three straight games at Arrowhead. They outplayed the Raiders in every category, except penalties. It’s clear that the team general manager Scott Pioli put together is short on talent. The Chiefs are a Tony Gonzalez away from being 2-0.

Gonzalez is in Atlanta with two touchdowns on the season while the Chiefs’ offense has no presence in the middle of the field.

That’s not the only problem, of course, but it’s a part of the puzzle when you design a football team. You can’t underestimate a position that has been such a strength for the Chiefs for over a decade.Fuck this retard. We won all of 6 games in 2 seasons WITH TG.

KC kid
Are Athan and billay the same person?

Count Alex's Losses
09-20-2009, 08:26 PM
What?

Oops, that's my bad. I guess the Donks won. Chiefsplanet editing team to the rescue.

DaFace
Wha?

My sentiments exactly.

scorpio
division-leader San Diego.

Should tell Nicky to check his facts, meat-peaker.

Count Alex's Losses
09-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Should tell Nicky to check his facts, meat-peaker.

I put that in. My bad. Really. I made Nick look bad.

The Bad Guy
09-20-2009, 08:28 PM
I wish a wood chipper would lower the boom on Nick Athan. He's a cocksucker with an agenda because his buddy Herm got run out of town.

sedated

not something to brag about

Easy 6

Truthiness.

Count Alex's Losses

You enjoy complete and independent coverage from the only magazine that covers the Kansas City Chiefs.

The Bad Guy
09-20-2009, 08:29 PM
I put that in. My bad. Really. I made Nick look bad.

You sould like a battered wife who makes excuses why her husband beats her.

jidar
09-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Chiefs dominated by the box score. You look at it and wonder how the hell they lost.

sedated
09-20-2009, 08:30 PM

spam has a way of attracting the eye...like a bad car wreck.

BigMeatballDave
09-20-2009, 08:31 PM
I made Nick look bad.No, I'm sure he's capable of doing that all on his own...

Mecca
I like how he calls the Raiders inferior, if they're inferior what's that make the Chiefs?

NewChief

I confess that I don't read much that Nick writes. That being said, I don't remember him ever writing a piece that scathing when he was still getting access to the Chiefs. Now that he's a writer scorned, he's found a set of nuts and is actually trying to be critical.

Mecca
Chiefs dominated by the box score. You look at it and wonder how the hell they lost.

Just a couple of mistakes, that game was basically decided by a handful of plays.

BigMeatballDave
09-20-2009, 08:32 PM
You sould like a battered wife who makes excuses why her husband beats her.ROFL

Skip Towne
We still have access, numbnuts.

Not the way I heard it. What did you lose?

Count Alex's Losses
I confess that I don't read much that Nick writes. That being said, I don't remember him ever writing a piece that scathing when he was still getting access to the Chiefs.

He came down very hard on Chan Gailey last year. Not to mention Carl!

Count Alex's Losses
09-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Not the way I heard it. What did you lose?

We simply have less access.

Buehler445
I like how he calls the Raiders inferior, if they're inferior what's that make the Chiefs?

That would make the Chiefs Superior and Nick wrong.

KCDC
We did lose the game in the Raider way. Bad teams find ways to lose at the end. Sadly. Also, defensive coaches have a brain transplant in the final two minutes. They abandon what has worked for them all game to play a soft prevent instead. It never works, but they all think it is the only option.. *sigh*

BigMeatballDave
I like how he calls the Raiders inferior, if they're inferior what's that make the Chiefs?Yeah, I'm not sure how you could be more inferior to complete shit.

Spott
09-20-2009, 08:34 PM

I would, but only after I ate Mexican food and hot wings.

Deberg_1990
09-20-2009, 08:34 PM
[ The Chiefs are a Tony Gonzalez away from being 2-0.

ROFL

DeezNutz
09-20-2009, 08:37 PM
Abstract:

True Fan misses Gonzo. Longs for 8-8.

Fruit Ninja
09-20-2009, 08:38 PM
This game falls on the inexperience of head coach Todd Haley. Just seconds after the Chiefs had taken a 10-6 lead, he did what every NFL coach does in a late game situation - he played soft coverage outside and only rushed four defensive linemen during the Raiders’ game winning drive.

What the fuck is he talking about? DV and Herm both played defense like that late in games. One of them coaches is a freaking Superbowl coach.

I didnt like like prevent one bit, but does this guy know what the fuck he's talking about.

Count Alex's Losses
09-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Abstract:

True Fan misses Gonzo. Longs for 8-8.

I think he makes a pretty good point, actually.

The Chiefs probably would be 2-0 with Tony.

Maybe not good for the team long term but right now the Chiefs are going to face some issues with how horrible they are...people are not gonna be happy.

DeezNutz
09-20-2009, 08:43 PM

Maybe not good for the team long term but right now the Chiefs are going to face some issues with how horrible they are...people are not gonna be happy.

There's no question that the Chiefs would be a better team this year with Gonzo. That's true of every team in the league.

To what end, though? This team cannot win anything meaningful. The one thing that a Gonzo would help tremendously, however, would be in the development of Cassel. Worth more than a 2nd? That's the real question.

BigMeatballDave
09-20-2009, 08:44 PM

Maybe not good for the team long term but right now the Chiefs are going to face some issues with how horrible they are...people are not gonna be happy.Not one time during this game did I wish we had TG back. Not. Once.

The Bad Guy
09-20-2009, 08:44 PM
I think it's very important for a rebuilding effort to win games early on. Build the confidence and keep it moving.

This team just is comfortable with losing. It's a reflection of that loser Herm and it's going to take another offseason to completely rid this Herm stentch.

Mecca
09-20-2009, 08:45 PM
Tony Gonzalez will probably become a running theme for every writer because it's an easy card to play to casual fan.

Count Alex's Losses
09-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Not one time during this game did I wish we had TG back. Not. Once.

When I saw Jake O'Connell dropping passes and masquerading as a "red zone" threat I kind of missed Tony...

Brutally bad.

Deberg_1990
09-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Tony Gonzalez will probably become a running theme for every writer because it's an easy card to play to casual fan.

Yes....this.

"Hey look, TG just had 7 receptions for 80 yards, and 2 YD's!" "What were the Chiefs thinking??"

Ive already heard a national media guy mention this.

Reerun_KC
09-20-2009, 08:54 PM
I know its waaaaay too early but if Pioli was gonna blow up the coaching staff (again) you wouldn't like Cowher?

ps...I think Haley is going to be a good coach...as much as it pains me to say.

ROFL fuck no I wouldnt want that goofy lookin gbastard...

Cowher? ROFL

TRR
09-20-2009, 09:01 PM
I'm sure someone has said it...but I'm having trouble understanding the difference of starting 1-6 or 0-7?

It would have been nice to win this game, but if you truly believe that the next 5 games are not win-able, then this game today means nothing.

Brock
09-20-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm sure they're upset that they're getting bashed by a blogger.

LaChapelle
09-20-2009, 09:09 PM
You wouldn't like him when he is really angry. He may say poop.

TEX
09-20-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm sure someone has said it...but I'm having trouble understanding the difference of starting 1-6 or 0-7?

It would have been nice to win this game, but if you truly believe that the next 5 games are not win-able, then this game today means nothing.

I'm not surprised that you can't tell the difference...:rolleyes:

KcMizzou
09-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Fuck "Nick".

ChiefGator
09-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Obvious, crappy article..

Bullshit.. bullshit.. bullshit..

How is everyone spending the money they save from paying for that shit.

big nasty kcnut
09-20-2009, 09:21 PM
Piss on nick!
Posted via Mobile Device

brophog
09-20-2009, 09:24 PM
I hope I never get scolded by Nick, or I might die of laughter before he was done. ROFL

TRR
09-20-2009, 09:30 PM
I'm not surprised that you can't tell the difference...:rolleyes:

Please enlighten me what the difference is between a 1-6 team and an 0-7 team...

This will be rich.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCtotheSB
09-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Do all the writers at WPI roll around naked and have gay homo sex in the money they've ripped off from countless numbers of Chiefs fans?

Chiefnj2
09-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Last week they blitzed and got caught by the Ravens. This time they played it safe and got beat. They just don't have much talent.

Jerm
09-20-2009, 09:50 PM

I guess I could be wrong but doesn't CLANCY FUCKING PENDERGAST call the FUCKING DEFENSIVE PLAYS????

Alright then.

Also, it's really hard for me to take this seriously when Nick's been riding both Pioli and Haley's jock all preseason long.

Seriously.

BigRock
09-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Someone needs to lower the boom on Nick. Preferably God.

boogblaster
09-20-2009, 09:53 PM
final drive beat us .. should never happened .. you can only put so much paint on a pig .. it will take another two years build a good team ...

Count Alex's Losses
09-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Do all the writers at WPI roll around naked and have gay homo sex in the money they've ripped off from countless numbers of Chiefs fans?

"A million dollars...for one night with your fanbase..."

http://www.independentcritics.com/images/indecent%20proposal%20SPLASH.jpg

Count Alex's Losses
09-20-2009, 09:57 PM
I guess I could be wrong but doesn't CLANCY FUCKING PENDERGAST call the FUCKING DEFENSIVE PLAYS????

The head coach has final authority. If he sees something dumb he should step up and do something about it.

I agree with Nick. The Chiefs should have been bringing the heat. Go down swinging.

Jerm
09-20-2009, 10:01 PM
The head coach has final authority. If he sees something dumb he should step up and do something about it.

I agree with Nick. The Chiefs should have been bringing the heat. Go down swinging.

Hell Haley might as well make himself DC too then...what's the point of having Pendergast around if he's going to veto him?

He's NEVER going to do that.

Count Alex's Losses
09-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Hell Haley might as well make himself DC too then...what's the point of having Pendergast around if he's going to veto him?

He's NEVER going to do that.

Garbage. Head coaches do it all the time.

Vermeil used to do it with Saunders.

Tiger's Fan
09-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Please enlighten me what the difference is between a 1-6 team and an 0-7 team...

This will be rich.
Posted via Mobile Device

If we're not good right now, we never will be.

We'll never win a game, or get any better.

There will not be any improvement in this team, no matter how many games they play. (even though they improved in every facet of the game today except for the score)

Learn it, love it, live it.

BigMeatballDave
09-20-2009, 11:13 PM
Bullshit.. bullshit.. bullshit..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZCytq93KlEQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZCytq93KlEQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>:D

TRR
09-20-2009, 11:22 PM
If we're not good right now, we never will be.

We'll never win a game, or get any better.

There will not be any improvement in this team, no matter how many games they play. (even though they improved in every facet of the game today except for the score)

Learn it, love it, live it.

:spock: :rolleyes:

KcMizzou
09-20-2009, 11:25 PM
:spock: :rolleyes:Emo fans... :shake:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KEv53suBZOE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KEv53suBZOE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Short Leash Hootie
09-21-2009, 12:32 AM

dude we were CLEARLY the better team today...which is why it is so sickening we lost...this was a herm game all over again

Raised On Riots
09-21-2009, 01:42 AM
You enjoy complete and independent coverage from the only magazine that covers the Kansas City Chiefs.

ROFL Urine ass, but sometimes funny.

ChiefGator
09-21-2009, 06:28 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZCytq93KlEQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZCytq93KlEQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>:D

Exactly! That is a real useful clip to have... thanks.

Other day my friend was giving me some nonsense about how she is actually friends now with someone who stole the guy she liked. All I could think of was that clip...

morphius
09-21-2009, 07:05 AM
Have we got our article from Gochiefs yet on how much our safety Brown sucks, great swing and a miss there allowing the TD...

King_Chief_Fan
09-21-2009, 07:07 AM
Nick is stupid.

Did Haley throw the interceptions?
Did Haley fall on a downed QB?
Did Haley cause all those penalties?
Did Haley have Cassel throw the ball at the end of the first half.
(Ball shouldn't have been thrown and the receiver should have dropped the catch intentionally to kill the clock)

After 2 games and as a first year head coach, he coached better than any of the Herm coached games.

I see improvement in play and aggressiveness.

Raised On Riots
09-21-2009, 02:24 PM
Have we got our article from Gochiefs yet on how much our safety Brown sucks, great swing and a miss there allowing the TD...

ROFL You're dreaming.

CoMoChief
09-21-2009, 02:41 PM
It’s clear that the team general manager Scott Pioli put together is short on talent. The Chiefs are a Tony Gonzalez away from being 2-0.

Regardless of TonyG was here, we wouldnt have won the BAL game. Athan is a moron.

CoMoChief
09-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Nick is stupid.

Did Haley throw the interceptions?
Did Haley fall on a downed QB?
Did Haley cause all those penalties?
Did Haley have Cassel throw the ball at the end of the first half.
(Ball shouldn't have been thrown and the receiver should have dropped the catch intentionally to kill the clock)

After 2 games and as a first year head coach, he coached better than any of the Herm coached games.

I see improvement in play and aggressiveness.

Actually penalties fall on the HC and discipline of the team.

Fact is. We have a bunch of young players that don't know how to win in the NFL and a team that's equipped with no to little talent. It's going to take a few years to get this thing right.

Short Leash Hootie
09-21-2009, 03:25 PM
ROFL You're dreaming.
Whatever man...

What credibility do you have after Pollard got cut?

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-21-2009, 03:26 PM
Nick couldn't lower a boom if you'd detached the sail and handed him the rope.

Dinny Blues
09-21-2009, 03:39 PM
http://kan.scout.com/2/901149.html

I don't know as much about football as the rest of you guys, but I am pretty fair at math.

If you are using the 3-4 defense, don't you only have three defensive linemen?

I'm probably missing something here.

Has anybody seen the bridge?

Dinny

Just Passin' By
09-21-2009, 03:43 PM
But that’s not the case as Haley’s Bunch lost to an inferior football team

QB = KC
OL = Oak
RB = Oak
WR = KC (sad)
TE = Oak

D-Line = Oak
LB = Push
DB = Oak

How the hell is K.C. the better team?

Stewie
09-21-2009, 04:22 PM
QB = KC
OL = Oak
RB = Oak
WR = KC (sad)
TE = Oak

D-Line = Oak
LB = Push
DB = Oak

It's the magnitude of difference and I wouldn't put Oakland's OL above ours. They're lame. Russell is so bad he's worth 5 bonus points in the scheme of things. And when Monty Biesel is in the game instead of DJ there's a drop off at LB. I'm not sure what the hell Haley was trying to prove.

Dicky McElephant
09-21-2009, 04:23 PM
QB = KC
OL = Oak
RB = Oak
WR = KC (sad)
TE = Oak

D-Line = Oak
LB = Push
DB = Oak

Did you just say push for LBs? I would take Morrison and Howard over these bums anyday.

Stewie
09-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Did you just say push for LBs? I would take Morrison and Howard over these bums anyday.

Howard is a stud.

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2009, 05:14 PM
I don't know as much about football as the rest of you guys, but I am pretty fair at math.

If you are using the 3-4 defense, don't you only have three defensive linemen?

I'm probably missing something here.

Has anybody seen the bridge?

Dinny

The Chiefs rushed four guys at the end of the game....Hali and Vrabel were basically defensive ends, just standing up...Magee and Jackson were playing tackle in the middle.

RJ
09-21-2009, 05:30 PM
That is a very poorly written piece that never gets around to making its point. A waste of time for the writer and the reader.

wild1
09-21-2009, 05:50 PM
That is a very poorly written piece that never gets around to making its point. A waste of time for the writer and the reader.

this

Donger
09-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Nick couldn't lower the boom on the SS Minnow.

Raised On Riots
09-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Nick couldn't lower the boom on the SS Minnow.

LMAO