PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Donks are doing pretty well

Fritz88
09-20-2009, 08:24 PM
we laughed our butts off at them during the off season and now they lead the division and have a very realistic chance at making the playoffs.

it's who laughs last..

Count Zarth
09-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Knowmo is going to live it up this week.

Bane
09-20-2009, 08:25 PM
It'll catch up with them soon enough.

SNR
09-20-2009, 08:26 PM
What's htismaque's saying again?

Better than bad does not equal good?

chiefbowe82
09-20-2009, 08:26 PM
well they have played cincy and clevland but yes they're superbowl bound

BigRock
09-20-2009, 08:35 PM
they lead the division and have a very realistic chance at making the playoffs.

After next week, there's a very realistic chance they won't win another game until they come here in Week 13.

wazu
09-20-2009, 08:37 PM
Knowmo is going to live it up this week.

Huh?

Reaper16
09-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Their defense looks better than I expected them to.

Quiet Storm
09-20-2009, 08:42 PM
I said it earlier...they started 3-0 last season.

We shall see. Long Season.

tk13
09-20-2009, 08:49 PM
Eh, they're still one week removed from one of the great fluke endings in the history of football, and they beat the Browns. It seems like every single year they get a favorable schedule out of the gate, take advantage of it, then fall off as the season goes on. Even Shanahan's last few years were like that.

The truly funny thing is, without that fluke play, we'd be talking about the Bengals as one of the few 2-0 teams left.

KCtotheSB
09-20-2009, 08:50 PM
The Broncos won on some bullshit against the Bengals and played a sad sack of shit Browns squad.

I call bullshit.

KCrockaholic
09-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Really? They beat the Bengals on a freak play, and the frickin piss poor Browns. They should be 1-1 right now. But beating the Browns is nothing to be proud of. They very well could be the worst team in the NFL this year.

BigMeatballDave
09-20-2009, 09:03 PM
we laughed our butts off at them during the off season and now they lead the division and have a very realistic chance at making the playoffs.

it's who laughs last..Wow. Do you even watch football?

Von Dumbass
09-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks Fritz!

And as for everyone who says we only won because of a fluke play....

We outplayed the Bengals the entire game. The only good drive they had was their last drive. We were in field goal range late in the 4th Quarter and got a couple of penalties and we had to punt... The better team won that day. FACT.

We still had one timeout and 20 some seconds remaining if that Stokely play didn't happen. All we had to do was get the ball to the 50 yard line and give Matt Prater a chance, he makes 65-70 yard field goals in practice quite regularly.

Mile High Mania
09-20-2009, 09:04 PM
Enh, they still have a lot to prove... but, while they're 2-0 record isn't stellar in regards to style points...

They did hold a Bengals team to 7, the same team that put up 31 on the Packers in their house today for a win. And, while the Browns do suck, they only scored 6 against Denver while they put up 20 (1 was a return) on the Vikings.

So, defensively, what I like is that last year.... the Broncos would have given up 50 points in these 2 games. I'll take this as an improvement so far, but it's too early to get freaked out about anything. The brutal stretch hits them in week 4...

doomy3
Thanks Fritz!

We outplayed the Bengals the entire game. The only good drive they had was their last drive. We were in field goal range late in the 4th Quarter and got a couple of penalties and we had to punt... The better team won that day. FACT.

We still had one timeout and 20 some seconds remaining if that Stokely play didn't happen. All we had to do was get the ball to the 50 yard line and give Matt Prater a chance, he makes 65-70 field goals in practice quite regularly.

ROFL

Mile High Mania
All we had to do was get the ball to the 50 yard line and give Matt Prater a chance, he makes 65-70 field goals in practice quite regularly.

Prater sucks and I would welcome a new kicker in Denver...

LaChapelle
09-20-2009, 09:06 PM
KnowMo is a duplicate account
Billay ain't this stupid

RJ
09-20-2009, 09:06 PM

it's who laughs last..

It's week two. Every team has a realistic chance at making the playoffs.

Von Dumbass
09-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Prater sucks and I would welcome a new kicker in Denver...

Prater sucks at anything less than 40 yards. Anything longer than that he is pretty accurate.

Von Dumbass
09-20-2009, 09:09 PM
ROFL

I mean 65-70 YARD field goals. Not just plain field goals. On a kickoff today he didn't just kick the ball out of the endzone, the ball wound up in the damn bleachers. :)

RJ
09-20-2009, 09:10 PM
If the Broncos are smart, they'll kick a field goal every time they get near the 50. Pretty much a guaranteed 3 points.

BigMeatballDave
09-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks Fritz!

We still had one timeout and 20 some seconds remaining if that Stokely play didn't happen. All we had to do was get the ball to the 50 yard line and give Matt Prater a chance, he makes 65-70 yard field goals in practice quite regularly.DEN @ OAK
DAL @ DEN
NE @ DEN
DEN @ SD
DEN @ BAL
PIT @ DEN
DEN @ WAS
SD @ DEN
NYG @ DEN
DEN @ KC
DEN @ IND
OAK @ DEN
DEN @ PHI
KC @ DEN

There is the remainder of your schedule. I want to know who you think Denver will beat. Try to be realistic.

LaChapelle
09-20-2009, 09:20 PM
"Try to be realistic"

What Why not ask Bartee to play probowl style cornerback

DaFace
09-20-2009, 09:21 PM
If you dig back and find some of the prediction threads, you'll find that a lot of people expected the Broncos to start out hot. They hit the easiest part of their schedule right up front. They may even be 3-0 after next week. However, then they get to face Dallas, New England, San Diego, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh. We'll see what they're worth by then.

KCrockaholic
09-20-2009, 09:31 PM
"Try to be realistic"

What Why not ask Bartee to play probowl style cornerback

Or Warfield to not get another DUI.

DaWolf
09-20-2009, 09:35 PM
it's who laughs last..

Many teams begin the season hot and then fade badly. And many teams start off slow and finish fast. But yeah, Big Mac is looking good right now...

Garcia Bronco
09-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Pats are down. We can beat wash, kc, oak, pitt, Giants, and cowboys. That's 10 or 11 wins with sweeps. 9 at the worst.

T-post Tom
09-20-2009, 10:55 PM
...they lead the division and have a very realistic chance at making the playoffs.

With 14 games left, that may be a bit premature.

Moobs
09-20-2009, 11:02 PM
I don't think we are going to be world beaters, and I wouldn't bet my house that we will make the playoffs, BUT...

It's fun to watch a team that plays like...a team. Figure that. Take care of the ball, force turnovers, play good defense, don't make the dumb mistake. Watching some of the post game stuff, players are actually buying into McD's system, which shocks me more than anyone.

BigMeatballDave
09-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Pats are down. We can beat wash, kc, oak, pitt, Giants, and cowboys. That's 10 or 11 wins with sweeps. 9 at the worst.

ROFL

RippedmyFlesh
09-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Pats are down. We can beat kc, oak, That's 4-5 with sweeps. 6 at the worst.
FYP

Valiant
09-20-2009, 11:14 PM

it's who laughs last..

2 games in does not mean shit.. Though I will give them credit, they beat a good team this week.. Lol, I can't keep a straight face on that.. The only way they win the division is if SD somehow goes 7-9 and Denver manages 8-8..

Valiant
09-20-2009, 11:20 PM
DEN @ OAK-----------W
DAL @ DEN-----------W
NE @ DEN------------L
DEN @ SD-------------L
DEN @ BAL------------L
PIT @ DEN------------L
DEN @ WAS-----------L
SD @ DEN-------------W
NYG @ DEN------------L
DEN @ KC-------------L
DEN @ IND------------L
OAK @ DEN-----------W
DEN @ PHI------------L
KC @ DEN-------------W

There is the remainder of your schedule. I want to know who you think Denver will beat. Try to be realistic.

7-9, @oak, Dal & @Was will be the decision makers imo..

KCrockaholic
09-21-2009, 12:33 AM

ROFL please tell me your joking so I can quit laughing so hard.

easymobee
09-21-2009, 12:43 AM
If you dig back and find some of the prediction threads, you'll find that a lot of people expected the Broncos to start out hot. They hit the easiest part of their schedule right up front. They may even be 3-0 after next week. However, then they get to face Dallas, New England, San Diego, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh. We'll see what they're worth by then.

Many people woulda predicted that the Chiefs could beat the Raiders today too.

Esp with Russell completing about 30 percent of his passes on the day.

Miles
09-21-2009, 12:44 AM
Sports radio around here will be unbearable this week. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Broncos take this shitfest division but they are not yet a legitimate team. Their upcoming schedule gets rough quickly.

BryanBusby
09-21-2009, 12:49 AM
I'll give McDaniels credit. He's doing a better job replicating the early Belichick era in Denver, so far. The offense is doing just enough to get a W and the D filled with turds on the line are overachieving. In normal circumstances, Denver would be in the basement. This is the WILD WILD AFC WEST though, so they could challenge SD for the division title.

Man do the Browns look so helpless, though.

Mile High Mania
09-21-2009, 04:41 AM

Wow... I'm sticking with my preseason comments that 5, maybe 6 wins if they're lucky. Denver has their easier games early, but they're not doing anything special right now on offense for me to change my tune. They're stalling near the endzone and Prater sucks... don't gimme the BS, KnoMo, about his FG accuracy. A kicker attempts many more under 45 than over... so, by that notion, he sucks. Wind or not.

I love the 2-0 start, love the new look of the defense. They have a tough matchup vs OAK, but *should* go 3-0. Make that happen and then drop the Cowboys in Denver in week 4... I'll start to change my tune, but two games isn't moving me just yet.

Again - very happy, love the efforts... but I need consistent improvement.

DaKCMan AP
09-21-2009, 05:27 AM
We still had one timeout and 20 some seconds remaining if that Stokely play didn't happen. All we had to do was get the ball to the 50 yard line and give Matt Prater a chance, he makes 65-70 yard field goals in practice quite regularly.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Von Dumbass
09-21-2009, 06:56 AM
DEN @ OAK
DAL @ DEN
NE @ DEN
DEN @ SD
DEN @ BAL
PIT @ DEN
DEN @ WAS
SD @ DEN
NYG @ DEN
DEN @ KC
DEN @ IND
OAK @ DEN
DEN @ PHI
KC @ DEN

I know we play some very good teams. But we will beat some of them. We will not lose to every one of those good teams, I don't know which ones we will win, but Denver is good enough to beat any team in the NFL. If Denver shows up and doesn't turn the ball over and beat ourselves we can hang in there.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-21-2009, 07:03 AM
DEN @ OAK
DAL @ DEN
NE @ DEN
DEN @ SD
DEN @ BAL
PIT @ DEN
DEN @ WAS
SD @ DEN
NYG @ DEN
DEN @ KC
DEN @ IND
OAK @ DEN
DEN @ PHI
KC @ DEN

the den/oakland game is a 50/50 game, but the next 5 after that are losses. I see them going 7-9

Mile High Mania
09-21-2009, 07:30 AM
If Denver shows up and doesn't turn the ball over and beat ourselves we can hang in there.

Honestly, that is true for any team in any sport... Denver needs to be more effective when they get 30 yards away from the endzone, that's the bottom line. I think the ground game was definitely more effective yesterday, but they need to continue to show dedication to it. Offensively, they need to work the TE's more early, not just at the goal line.

the den/oakland game is a 50/50 game, but the next 5 after that are losses. I see them going 7-9

I think any AFCW game in any year at any location is really 50/50... but, I don't fear Russell with the way he is playing and the inexperience at WR. So, that means their ground game needs to win it for them... and I like what I've seen from Denver's revamped defense. So, yeah it's a coin toss... playing at OAK isn't easy. I do expect a Denver win, hell Oakland should be 0-2 right now... but again, anything can happen.

After week 3, it gets tough - everyone knows that and yes, they'll win a game or two that they shouldn't... but, it goes the other way as well. We'll see how it plays out. Dallas and then the Patriots at Denver will be tough, but both of those teams have shown great vulnerability in the first 2 weeks. I do like Denver's chances in those games better than I did 3 weeks ago, but we'll see...

Von Dumbass
09-21-2009, 07:40 AM
Honestly, that is true for any team in any sport... Denver needs to be more effective when they get 30 yards away from the endzone, that's the bottom line. I think the ground game was definitely more effective yesterday, but they need to continue to show dedication to it. Offensively, they need to work the TE's more early, not just at the goal line.

I don't think you will see Denver get dominated by good teams like we did against Carolina and SD last year.

Denver's offense isn't all there yet, but I am positive we will keep getting better.

CupidStunt
09-21-2009, 07:45 AM
but Denver is good enough to beat any team in the NFL.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Von Dumbass
09-21-2009, 07:49 AM
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Give Denver a punt blocked for a TD and an 80 yard INT return and we would have beaten Baltimore by double digits.

KCtotheSB
09-21-2009, 07:49 AM
I don't think you will see Denver get dominated by good teams like we did against Carolina and SD last year.

Denver's offense isn't all there yet, but I am positive we will keep getting better.

You are going to be so SO dissapointed when you actually play a competent NFL team starting Week 4.

Mile High Mania
09-21-2009, 07:52 AM
Give Denver a punt blocked for a TD and an 80 yard INT return and we would have beaten Baltimore by double digits.

Wow.... you're a man on an island right now. Good luck.

Garcia Bronco
09-21-2009, 08:28 AM
2 games in does not mean shit.. Though I will give them credit, they beat a good team this week.. Lol, I can't keep a straight face on that.. The only way they win the division is if SD somehow goes 7-9 and Denver manages 8-8..

LOL....right ...because we played a high school team. Seriously, would one of you Chiefs Fans hands down say you could beat either the Bengals or Browns right now? Yeah...try to keep a straight face during that.

Garcia Bronco
09-21-2009, 08:31 AM
ROFL please tell me your joking so I can quit laughing so hard.

Washington get do anything right
Pats can't score
Oakland can't play a full 60 minutes
KC can't play a full 60 minutes
Pitt can't run the ball
Giants can't compete in all 3 phases
And the cowboys are busy watching their score board.

It is only the second game of the season, but lets not act like the Broncos didn't achieve this week and the week before.

Garcia Bronco
09-21-2009, 08:32 AM
You are going to be so SO dissapointed when you actually play a competent NFL team starting Week 4.

Continue to cry in your beer. The line between the best team and the worst team in the NFL is a thin one.

Garcia Bronco
09-21-2009, 08:38 AM
I'll give McDaniels credit. He's doing a better job replicating the early Belichick era in Denver, so far. The offense is doing just enough to get a W and the D filled with turds on the line are overachieving. In normal circumstances, Denver would be in the basement. This is the WILD WILD AFC WEST though, so they could challenge SD for the division title.

Man do the Browns look so helpless, though.

Normal Circumstances? Turds? You realize we have the better franchise and have bee so since the late 90's. The Chiefs have stuck their ahead above water a total of 3-4 times during that period with 0 playoff wins.

KCtotheSB
09-21-2009, 08:39 AM
Continue to cry in your beer. The line between the best team and the worst team in the NFL is a thin one.

Oh lordy lord....I put up with enough Donk morons here in Colorado, please don't tell me they've seeped in here as well.....

You completely lucked out against the Bengals and beat a disgusting Browns squad. I don't know how much clearer I can make it. By all means, enjoy the "high" you're experiencing with the Broncos being 2-0, but stop dishing out bullshit about how Denver ISN'T a crap squad.

Garcia Bronco
09-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Oh lordy lord....I put up with enough Donk morons here in Colorado, please don't tell me they've seeped in here as well.....

You completely lucked out against the Bengals and beat a disgusting Browns squad. I don't know how much clearer I can make it. By all means, enjoy the "high" you're experiencing with the Broncos being 2-0, but stop dishing out bullshit about how Denver ISN'T a crap squad.

Call it luck...call it whatever you want, but the reality is the refs tried to hand that game to the Bengals and we still beat the BS and held them to 7 points. We aren't a crap squad and the bottom line is this: If we played the Chiefs tomorrow we'd beat them and you know it. All that other stuff you spout is in your mind because you watch too much ESPiN.

Tuckdaddy
09-21-2009, 08:45 AM
They will run into the NFC east and lose them all as well. SD will still take the division. Remember Indy, Pitt and NE are all on the schedule as well. I see 9-7 at best.

Mile High Mania
09-21-2009, 09:00 AM
They will run into the NFC east and lose them all as well. SD will still take the division. Remember Indy, Pitt and NE are all on the schedule as well. I see 9-7 at best.

I would be love 9-7...

Buck
09-21-2009, 09:10 AM
DEN @ OAK - W
DAL @ DEN - L
NE @ DEN - L
DEN @ SD - L
DEN @ BAL - L
PIT @ DEN - L
DEN @ WAS - L
SD @ DEN - L
NYG @ DEN - L
DEN @ KC - L
DEN @ IND - L
OAK @ DEN - W
DEN @ PHI - L
KC @ DEN - W

5-11

Mile High Mania
09-21-2009, 09:15 AM
DEN @ OAK - W
DAL @ DEN - L (had this as a possible before, like it better now)
NE @ DEN - L (gave DEN no shot before, but now... who knows)
DEN @ SD - L
DEN @ BAL - L
PIT @ DEN - L
DEN @ WAS - L (was 50/50 on this one, but now - gimme DEN)
SD @ DEN - L
NYG @ DEN - L
DEN @ KC - L (anything could happen, but ... see OAK)
DEN @ IND - L
OAK @ DEN - W
DEN @ PHI - L
KC @ DEN - W

5-11

5-11 was my preseason prediction I believe... and I had them going 3-0 or 2-1 best case through 3 games. So, they're on par. I've put in bold above the games that I like more in Denver's favor at this point.

So, if they can keep improving... 9 wins is about as good as anyone could hope for, but I'm still not projecting more than .500 at this point.

At least they don't have Norv...

Buck
09-21-2009, 09:21 AM
5-11 was my preseason prediction I believe... and I had them going 3-0 or 2-1 best case through 3 games. So, they're on par. I've put in bold above the games that I like more in Denver's favor at this point.

So, if they can keep improving... 9 wins is about as good as anyone could hope for, but I'm still not projecting more than .500 at this point.

At least they don't have Norv...

Yeah, a 10 game lose streak is unlikely, so they'll probably win 1 or 2 of those games I put an L by.

Garcia Bronco
09-21-2009, 09:23 AM

We own the Pats and have beat the Steelers the last two times we've played them. The Steelers can't run the ball. We have a good chance at beating them just like anybody else.

Mile High Mania
09-21-2009, 09:59 AM
We own the Pats and have beat the Steelers the last two times we've played them. The Steelers can't run the ball. We have a good chance at beating them just like anybody else.

All true, but these are not the same Broncos... which is good as far as the defense goes. Again, lots of good things right now, but I'm not getting too crazy just yet. I've been there and done that the last 2 seasons... color me jaded.

Mr. Laz
09-21-2009, 10:02 AM

it's who laughs last..
looks like we have another Donk fan among us.

Garcia Bronco
09-21-2009, 10:07 AM
All true, but these are not the same Broncos... which is good as far as the defense goes. Again, lots of good things right now, but I'm not getting too crazy just yet. I've been there and done that the last 2 seasons... color me jaded.

I have been saying we aren't going to be as bad as people say. Fricking Clayton said we'll be lucky to win 3 games. Good thing he set the bar so low.

vailpass
09-21-2009, 10:13 AM
Really? They beat the Bengals on a freak play, and the frickin piss poor Browns. They should be 1-1 right now. But beating the Browns is nothing to be proud of. They very well could be the worst team in the NFL this year.

Nah, never mind.

Mile High Mania
09-21-2009, 10:37 AM

The thing with the Bengals game... yes, it was a freak play, but it's not like Denver wasn't beating them for 59 minutes prior their lone TD score. Things have a way of working out in weird ways. OAK should be 0-2, they were dominated in every category that matters, expect one. It happens.