PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Whitlock: Haley’s coaching performance was embarrassing...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

DaWolf
09-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Haley’s coaching performance was embarrassing (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/story/1458219.html)

Let’s hope Todd Haley spent Sunday night standing in front of a mirror, screaming at himself.

If he holds himself to the same standards as his players, he might be on the waiver wire this morning.

His coaching display Sunday afternoon against the Oakland Raiders was an embarrassment, as bad as anything I’ve seen in the NFL.

Losing at home to these Raiders on a day when JaMarcus Russell unseated Ryan Leaf as the most ill-prepared quarterback in league history required a special level of coaching incompetence — a combination of arrogance, flawed logic and lack of self-control rarely seen on network TV.

If 22 players off the street can win two NFL games, there were 70,000 people inside Arrowhead Stadium who could have done a better job than Scott Ego-li’s handpicked coach.

In a 13-10 loss, the Haley-led Chiefs squandered a chip-shot field-goal attempt in the final seconds of the first half with a no-timeouts-left, 1-yard pass in the flat to Dantrell Savage. Time expired before the refs could re-spot the ball for the next play.

In a 13-10 loss, the Haley-led Chiefs dropped back to pass on third and 1 in the final 43 seconds of the game and in possession of all three of their timeouts. The Raiders sacked Matt Cassel, setting up the game-deciding fourth-and-4 play the Chiefs would not convert.

In a 13-10 loss, the Haley-led Chiefs were flagged for nine penalties, including a critical late-hit infraction on Oakland’s game-winning TD drive. They turned the ball over twice and failed to down a perfect punt inside the 5 despite six Chiefs circling the ball.

The Chiefs melted down Sunday. They were a reflection of their head coach, who ranted and raved after every error — except his own.

“We’re going to have a smart team here,” Haley promised after the game. “Nine penalties and a couple of those things don’t reflect a smart team.”

Uh, Todd, did you coach smart on Sunday?

“How the half ended, I’d say no,” Haley acknowledged. “I’m the leader of this football team, and when you have the ball in an area where you can score points and you don’t get the points, it’s all going to fall on me. So, I’d say no.”

How about the end of the game, Todd — why not run for the first down and use one of your three timeouts?

“I won’t get into specifics, but the play called had a running back in a situation where, to me, it appeared to me as good as a run, a chance to get the ball into the running back’s hands.”

What game was Haley watching?

Based on what we saw from Cassel, there was no reason to have confidence in his decision-making. The ineptitude of Cassel’s play — two horrible interceptions and two horrible sacks — was only slightly masked by JaMarcus Russell’s Leaflike effort.

The truth is, Russell’s performance illustrates just how bad Haley’s Chiefs are. Russell and the Raiders picked up the victory completing seven of 24 passes for 109 yards, racking up 11 first downs and 166 total yards.

The Raiders played dead, and won.

How?

Many of you don’t understand why the tone of my columns about the Chiefs has been so negative after I initially campaigned for Scott Pioli’s hiring and identified Haley as Pioli’s likely head coach.

The amount of arrogance from Pioli directed toward the media and the unwarranted, know-it-all arrogance Haley directs toward his players make King Carl Peterson look as humble and down-to-earth as Lamar Hunt.

The arrogance is toxic and counterproductive to winning. It’s not confidence. It’s a couple of blowhards drunk on their newfound power.

They’re so caught up in establishing all the little “intangibles” they think create a winning environment that they’ve lost sight of the fact that players win football games — not head coaches or general managers.

Do you realize how arrogant you have to be to hold a brutal offseason program and training camp, play a game and then sign Bobby Wade off the street on Tuesday and make him your go-to receiver on Sunday because you’re trying to prove a point to Dwayne Bowe and Mark Bradley?

Bobby Wade isn’t emotionally or physically invested in the Chiefs and the program Ego-li and Haley allegedly implemented. But Wade was KC’s leading receiver and punt-return man on Sunday. Bradley rode the bench, I can only assume, because he failed to pick up a first down last week in Baltimore.

Will Haley sit down next week?

His lack of composure and suspect play-calling cost the Chiefs a game against the worst team in football.

OnTheWarpath58
09-20-2009, 11:06 PM
:popcorn:

Mr. Arrowhead
09-20-2009, 11:08 PM
whitlock your ass is embarrassing, time for that diet

Mecca
09-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Actually you know what I thought happened at 1 point?

After that block in the back call on Wade, it was a very light block in the back, but they cut to Haley and he was just going nuts on this official dropping about 20 F bombs in 10 seconds and on the next play there was a holding call...

Sometimes I wonder if a rookie HC absolutely verbally undressing a ref like that has a side affect.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2009, 11:10 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/k0gcnb.jpg

BigRock
09-20-2009, 11:10 PM
directed toward the media

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/4482/cryingbabynp.jpg

OnTheWarpath58
09-20-2009, 11:11 PM

ROFL

LaChapelle
09-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Jack Harry has died and came back as a fat black man.

DeezNutz
09-20-2009, 11:12 PM
LMAO at Hamas's post.

Deberg_1990
Its now clear:

Whitlock doesnt care about white people.

Chocolate Hog

LOL!

kcpasco

Ya thats awesome :D

dirk digler
09-20-2009, 11:13 PM

After that block in the back call on Wade, it was a very light block in the back, but they cut to Haley and he was just going nuts on this official dropping about 20 F bombs in 10 seconds and on the next play there was a holding call...

Sometimes I wonder if a rookie HC absolutely verbally undressing a ref like that has a side affect.

Herm never said anything to the refs and it didn't help so I don't think it makes much difference.

Also this piece by Fatlock was predictable as the sun rising. I don't blame Haley for the pass that Cassel threw. Cassel screwed up not Haley.

petegz28
Ignorant Whitlock. Haley was not the one dropping passes..
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
I wish Whitlock were a ****ing perfect physical specimen so that valid points don't get overlooked simply because "he's a bitter fat man."

Reerun_KC
09-20-2009, 11:14 PM
Holy crap batman! That is priceless Hamas!

Reerun_KC
09-20-2009, 11:14 PM
This article is fail... Predictable, yet boring...

ChiTown
09-20-2009, 11:16 PM
It certainly was a horrible performance by Haley. I think he out-smarted himself on several plays (critical plays) during the game. I'll give him a free pass on this one, but that little hot-headed douche better start coaching smarter than that. He did the impossible on Sunday and lost at home to a team whose offense didn't get off the bus until there was 4 minutes left to play in the game.

F ucking Pathetic!

Buehler445
09-20-2009, 11:17 PM
This column is a giant reach. Huge. The coaching, as bad as the half ending play, and the game ending drive were, was approximately 3 kajillion times better than anything we saw from Squirmin Herman motherfucking sack of cunt Edwards. Seriously.

The amount of arrogance from Pioli directed toward the media and the unwarranted, know-it-all arrogance Haley directs toward his players make King Carl Peterson look as humble and down-to-earth as Lamar Hunt.

At least he's honest.

That's valid, but I don't see how it is much different for an established coach. The refs don't (shouldn't) have any vested interest in the stature of the coach.

LaChapelle
Waters must still have a headache.

Reerun_KC
It certainly was a horrible performance by Haley. I think he out-smarted himself on several plays (critical plays) during the game. I'll give him a free pass on this one, but that little hot-headed douche better start coaching smarter than that. He did the impossible on Sunday and lost at home to a team whose offense didn't get off the bus until there was 4 minutes left to play in the game.

F ucking Pathetic!

Wow, you miss Herm?

Buehler445
09-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Its now clear:

Whitlock doesnt care about white people.

ROFL

Email that to him....

Reaper16
09-20-2009, 11:18 PM
aroflypse now

Reerun_KC
09-20-2009, 11:19 PM
ROFL

Email that to him....

Shit I should do that!

Mecca
If he does want to rail on Haley for something he should have used Cassel's post game quote where he basically talked about the play called before the half and made a comment about how the play wasn't designed to go to the endzone.

Buehler445
Hamas, that gif is epic.

KcMizzou
"Excuse me, Jason... I'll let you finish. But I'd like to point out that Herm Edwards was one of the worst head coaches of all time..."

http://www.hiphoparchive.org/files/u6/kanye-west1.jpg

dirk digler
I wish Whitlock were a ****ing perfect physical specimen so that valid points don't get overlooked simply because "he's a bitter fat man."

Truth hurts

ChiTown
09-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Wow, you miss Herm?

:shake:

gmafb. I miss nothing about Herm. I do miss having a team that can score a TD. And, I'd certainly like to see my HC coach smarter than he did today.

Deberg_1990
09-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Waters must still have a headache.

heh..no doubt.

Im starting to get the feeling that Waters is to Whitlock as Dick Curl was to Herm. A little inside snitch.

Direckshun
09-20-2009, 11:22 PM
Whitlock is a sad man.

Reerun_KC
09-20-2009, 11:22 PM

gmafb. I miss nothing about Herm. I do miss having a team that can score a TD. And, I'd certainly like to see my HC coach smarter than he did today.

Fair Enough...

Reerun_KC
09-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Whitlock is a fat sad man.

FYP

ForeverChiefs58
09-20-2009, 11:26 PM
The worst part of the whole article? He's right.

TRR
09-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Did Whitlock (and most of the fan base) not realize how big of an adjustment KC is going through this season? It blows my mind...

KC has a new GM, a new HC, a new QB, a new O Coordinator, a new D Coordinator, a handful of new assistants, a new D scheme, new players, players playing vital roles that have been in the KC building for 5 days...the list goes on and on.

Until KC can build some consistency, Haley and Co. will struggle. They will be up and down all season....most likely from quarter to quarter, game to game.

I'm not sure what most expected from this team with so many BRAND NEW pieces.

KcMizzou
09-20-2009, 11:30 PM
Did Whitlock (and most of the fan base) not realize how big of an adjustment KC is going through this season? It blows my mind...

KC has a new GM, a new HC, a new QB, a new O Coordinator, a new D Coordinator, a handful of new assistants, a new D scheme, new players, players playing vital roles that have been in the KC building for 5 days...the list goes on and on.

Until KC can build some consistency, Haley and Co. will struggle. They will be up and down all season....most likely from quarter to quarter, game to game.

I'm not sure what most expected from this team with so many BRAND NEW pieces.Stop it. You're making sense.

You're supposed to be flailing around on the ground like a little girl.

Reerun_KC
09-20-2009, 11:31 PM
heh..no doubt.

Im starting to get the feeling that Waters is to Whitlock as Dick Curl was to Herm. A little inside snitch.

This might deserve its own thread and poll...

I wouldnt be surprised, Waters is a Class A crying little bitch anyways...

Reerun_KC

Great Post!

Raised On Riots

ROFLROFLROFL

Mr. Arrowhead
09-20-2009, 11:32 PM
the Chiefs should really not let this fat bastard in the game anymore. A life time ban sounds good to me

Mecca
09-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Some people react the way they do because thinking realistically doesn't usually happen.

We're talking about people that thought the Chiefs would go 7-9 because hey Herm was such a bad coach and look how many games we were in last year.

There were numerous "hey we'll easily beat the Raiders" types of comments going into this game.

DBOSHO
09-20-2009, 11:33 PM
whitlock, tell us how you really feel..

Deberg_1990
09-20-2009, 11:33 PM

Great post.

JWhit knows all this. Hes smart. He also relishes his role as a muckraker. Thats why he makes the big $$$...so guys like us will continue to create threads and debate about it all week long.

OnTheWarpath58
09-20-2009, 11:34 PM
Some people react the way they do because thinking realistically doesn't usually happen.

We're talking about people that thought the Chiefs would go 7-9 because hey Herm was such a bad coach and look how many games we were in last year.

There were numerous "hey we'll easily beat the Raiders" types of comments going into this game.

Let's go even farther back.

Remember all the "we'll win more games due to coaching alone" comments during the summer?

DBOSHO
09-20-2009, 11:34 PM

with those stats we shouldve. like a 24-3 victory

but god hates the chiefs

philfree
09-20-2009, 11:35 PM
Stuuuup.......whatever......Our team is so challenged that the only reason we had a chance to win the last two games is because of Haley's coaching. I know it seems rediculi but WTF have you people been watching the last three years? I mean really?

PhilFree:arrow:

LaChapelle

Not a tenth as many, they'll run up +400 running yards posts.

Mecca
Whitlocks entire purpose as a writer is to be a negative asshole that points out flaws.

His recurring theme throughout is that Pioli and Haley are arrogant and to be that arrogant you have to show results.

Until they show results this will keep being churned out every week.

Mecca
09-20-2009, 11:36 PM

Remember all the "we'll win more games due to coaching alone" comments during the summer?

Yep there was tons of that, that's what I was referencing.

So now that it's not happening, that thought shifts to something else.

Deberg_1990
09-20-2009, 11:37 PM
Whitlocks entire purpose as a writer is to be a negative asshole that points out flaws.

His recurring theme throughout is that Pioli and Haley are arrogant and to be that arrogant you have to show results.

YOur exactly right.

I still believe deep down that he feels his buddy Waters was mistreated....thats what alot of this is about.

Reerun_KC

I think it would be sweet to see or hear of Haley and Pioli telling Whitlock to get fucked and get the fuck out...

Guru
Ignorant Whitlock. Haley was not the one dropping passes..
Posted via Mobile DeviceCareful, you sound a little like Herm in that statement.

KcMizzou
09-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Great post.

JWhit knows all this. Hes smart. He also relishes his role as a muckraker.Yeah... you're right.

He's controversial, for the sake of controversy. He's a prick, because being a prick sells papers. (or more importantly, gets him attention.... since print media is all but dead.)

Reerun_KC
YOur exactly right.

I still believe deep down that he feels his buddy Waters was mistreated....thats what alot of this is about.

Couldnt agree more...

Waters wont be here long anyways...

Count Alex's Losses
This is the most retarded column he has ever written.

The only reason we were in that game was Haley and his playcalling.

Mecca
09-20-2009, 11:39 PM
YOur exactly right.

That might be part of it but he's also looking to sell papers and make people talk. A very easy way to do that is to paint the new regime as arrogant asshats that think they know more than they really do...and casual fans will buy it cause the team sucks nuts right now.

If Tony Gonzalez continue to do what he's doing in Atlanta Whitlock is going to hit that point during the season too. Casual fans will eat that up like cake when he says that they are so arrogant they didn't want Tony Gonzalez.

Mecca
09-20-2009, 11:40 PM
I think it would be sweet to see or hear of Haley and Pioli telling Whitlock to get fucked and get the fuck out...

Whitlock would LOVE that, they'd basically prove his point for him.

Discuss Thrower
09-20-2009, 11:40 PM
The twenty-two players off the street comment will be part of Haley's eventual undoing when they fail to win more than one game this year.

EDIT: At least 2010 might be more promising... For he'll get to pick his guys off the street and go against the juggernauts of the NFC West and AFC South and might have a chance to win two more games on top of the two he already promised.

Raised On Riots
09-20-2009, 11:41 PM
This might sound weird, but sometimes it seems like the only objective and factual take I get on the Chiefs comes in fleeting moments from Len Dawson.

OnTheWarpath58
09-20-2009, 11:41 PM
This is the most retarded column he has ever written.

The only reason we were in that game was Haley and his playcalling.

You're right.

Has he not made some bone-headed decisions, it wouldn't have been a game, it would have been a blowout.

Time management, situational playcalling, etc cost us points.

Over 400 yards of offense and 10 points to show for it, and you're defending the playcalling?

T-post Tom
09-20-2009, 11:42 PM
"...arrogance from Pioli directed toward the media..." :rolleyes:

"His coaching display Sunday afternoon against the Oakland Raiders was an embarrassment, as bad as anything I’ve seen in the NFL... players win football games — not head coaches or general managers." :spock:

Mecca
09-20-2009, 11:42 PM
There were a ton of fuckups in that game from Haley, to Cassel to the defense, you don't lose a game where you outgain your opponent 3-1 without fucking up hardcore.

KcMizzou
09-20-2009, 11:43 PM
This might sound weird, but sometimes it seems like the only objective and factual take I get on the Chiefs comes in fleeting moments from Len Dawson.Lenny's pretty much all business. Sure he gets caught up in the "when I was playing" stuff... but he's a straight shooter. Certainly not a homer.

Count Alex's Losses
I really cannot believe Whitlock blamed Haley.

In a 13-10 loss, the Haley-led Chiefs squandered a chip-shot field-goal attempt in the final seconds of the first half with a no-timeouts-left, 1-yard pass in the flat to Dantrell Savage. Time expired before the refs could re-spot the ball for the next play.

In a 13-10 loss, the Haley-led Chiefs dropped back to pass on third and 1 in the final 43 seconds of the game and in possession of all three of their timeouts. The Raiders sacked Matt Cassel, setting up the game-deciding fourth-and-4 play the Chiefs would not convert.

In a 13-10 loss, the Haley-led Chiefs were flagged for nine penalties, including a critical late-hit infraction on Oakland’s game-winning TD drive. They turned the ball over twice and failed to down a perfect punt inside the 5 despite six Chiefs circling the ball.

Execution. These gaffes are all about execution.

Not Haley.

The fact that Whitlock supported that assclown Herm from the beginning and has already jumped all over Haley is a complete fucking joke.

Mecca
"...arrogance from Pioli directed toward the media..." :rolleyes:

"His coaching display Sunday afternoon against the Oakland Raiders was an embarrassment, as bad as anything I’ve seen in the NFL... players win football games — not head coaches or general managers." :spock:

The players comment is basically correct, the league has become a playmakers league, you can be the greatest coach ever without playmakers you have shit.

Reerun_KC
The twenty-two players off the street comment will be part of Haley's eventual undoing when they fail to win more than one game this year.

Maybe if Herm didnt leave this team totally fucked of talent, we would win more than one game... We dont have the talent to be a winning team. Most of the players left from Herms great frucking drafts are shit or getting cut...

Going to take time to rebuild this frucking team.. isnt going to happen in 2 games ladies...

Mecca
09-20-2009, 11:44 PM
I really cannot believe Whitlock blamed Haley.

Execution. These gaffes are all about execution.

Not Haley.

The fact that Whitlock supported that assclown Herm from the beginning and has already jumped all over Haley is a complete fucking joke.

You should go listen to Cassel's comment about the Savage play...he makes it sound like it's Haley's fault.

58kcfan89
09-20-2009, 11:44 PM

Thank. You. I'll admit that I thought we should have won this game and am just as disappointed as the next guy that we lost. That being said, I think this team is getting there. It's going to take some time, but I've got faith in Haley.

And if we don't win more than 2 games this year, Haley's "22 guys" comment is gunna bite him in the ass. I really hope it doesn't come to that, I friggin' love Haley thus far.

Deberg_1990
09-20-2009, 11:45 PM
The ironic part is, at least Pioli and Haley have resumes to be arrogant somewhat. They have won in the playoffs recently.

Unlike Herm, Carl, Gunther or even Marty.

Count Alex's Losses
09-20-2009, 11:46 PM
Over 400 yards of offense and 10 points to show for it, and you're defending the playcalling?

Why do you think we had 400 yards? It certainly wasn't all the great players we have.

If Cassel plays smart, we get at least two additional field goals and maybe two touchdowns. And heck, if he makes that throw to O'Connell tack on another 4 points.

Execution. Execution. Execution.

That's on the players, not Haley.

Bashing Haley for not running the ball with 1 minute left on the clock, when the offensive line sucks balls, is also retarded. A pass has a better chance of getting out of bounds in that situation. You run the ball and get stuffed - and with this OL, it could happen - you're really fucked up.

Haley put the Chiefs in a position to win and they did NOT take advantage.

BECAUSE THEY SUCK!

Reerun_KC
09-20-2009, 11:46 PM
You should go listen to Cassel's comment about the Savage play...he makes it sound like it's Haley's fault.

Its both Cassels fault for throwing the ball and Haleys fault for having the play called where a RB would be a yard down the field not near the sideline...

Both can share the blame...

Raised On Riots
09-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Maybe if Herm didnt leave this team totally fucked of talent, we would win more than one game... We dont have the talent to be a winning team. Most of the players left from Herms great frucking drafts are shit or getting cut...

Going to take time to rebuild this frucking team.. isnt going to happen in 2 games ladies...

If you remove Waters and LJ, the Chiefs are pretty much an expansion team with two drafts to it's name.

Mecca
09-20-2009, 11:48 PM
I'd like to know why Jake O'Connell is on the field and a target in a key point of the game, that makes no sense to me.

Count Alex's Losses
If Whitlock really wanted to blame Haley for something, blame him for changing the offense a week before the regular season started.

That more than anything has contributed to the clusterfuck our offense is at times.

But even then we had 400 fucking yards so it's not like we're not making progress.

I'm sure Whitlock would just love to have Herm back, though.

You know, so we could pound LJ into eight man fronts all day and do shit on offense, resulting in a 23-8 loss.

If you can't see the difference between that abortion and this game you don't know jack.

Count Alex's Losses
I'd like to know why Jake O'Connell is on the field and a target in a key point of the game, that makes no sense to me.

Jake O'Connell was open.

Haley sucks!

DeezNutz
09-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Herm didn't leave this team fucked of talent.

That would be Grandpa. The same guy that many around here still praise, for some unknown reason.

He and Carl absolutely tried to kill this fucking franchise.

Mecca
09-20-2009, 11:50 PM
I think part of his point about Haley and his coaching is things like...scrub ass Jake O'Connell is in the game in a key point and Mark Bradley is not because he needs to be "taught a lesson".

Reerun_KC
09-20-2009, 11:53 PM
Herm didn't leave this team ****ed of talent.

That would be Grandpa. The same guy that many around here still praise, for some unknown reason.

He and Carl absolutely tried to kill this ****ing franchise.

You have got to be kidding me??? Hell while were at it lets blame Gantz as well..

You should be able to turn you roster and drafts out in 3 years. . Yeah DV wanted to win now, Herm had no frucking clue on what he wanted or what he was drafting...

Yes, herm frucking this team of talent, shit were cutting his so called talent right and left...

I will praise DV all day long before I give Herm anything.. DV earned his, Herm preached how you should praise him for fail.

Count Alex's Losses
I think part of his point about Haley and his coaching is things like...scrub ass Jake O'Connell is in the game in a key point and Mark Bradley is not because he needs to be "taught a lesson".

If you didn't notice:

1. Bobby Wade had a damn good game.

2. O'Connell was fucking open.

'Hamas' Jenkins
The ironic part is, at least Pioli and Haley have resumes to be arrogant somewhat. They have won in the playoffs recently.

Unlike Herm, Carl, Gunther or even Marty.

No, they don't.

They've still won 0 games, playoff, preseason, regular season, or otherwise, in their respective roles.

T-post Tom
09-20-2009, 11:54 PM
The players comment is basically correct, the league has become a playmakers league, you can be the greatest coach ever without playmakers you have shit.

I agree with you. But tubby wants to have it both ways. You can't shred the coach like he did and then say that coaches don't win games.

Buehler445
Not a tenth as many, they'll run up +400 running yards posts.

No response from the guys that said the Raiders would blow us up?

I personally thought they would too, but I wasn't nearly as vocal about it as some guys. I think before we sling a bunch of shit on Cassel and Haley, we should give the Defense props for shutting down a STOUT run team in multiple situations.

And it wasn't like the Faid abandoned the run.

Count Alex's Losses
No, they don't.

They've still won 0 games, playoff, preseason, regular season, or otherwise, in their respective roles.

Jesus Christ. We're 2 games into the season.

At least Haley isn't calling timeouts on back to back plays.

Buehler445
09-20-2009, 11:55 PM

This I can buy into. Bradley needs to be on the field until he gets broken.

Reerun_KC
09-20-2009, 11:55 PM
No, they don't.

Dude were 2 games in? how can we win in the playoffs already?

OnTheWarpath58
09-20-2009, 11:56 PM
No response from the guys that said the Raiders would blow us up?

I personally thought they would too, but I wasn't nearly as vocal about it as some guys. I think before we sling a bunch of shit on Cassel and Haley, we should give the Defense props for shutting down a STOUT run team in multiple situations.

And it wasn't like the Faid abandoned the run.

I was wrong. I thought they'd run for around 150.

Then again, I wouldn't have expected to see Russell with 24 pass attempts, either.

But in the end, we still lost, so it doesn't fucking matter.

They did what we all said they HAD to do to win the game, and still fucked it up.

'Hamas' Jenkins
If you didn't notice:

1. No he didn't. He had a decent game.

2. O'Connell is a fucking n00b. You give your best players targets in that situation because they are apt to make the best of a bad situation (or pass).

Buehler445
No, they don't.

WTF dude? Neither has Rex Ryan and there are lots of people condoning him for poking the bear (Pats).

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2009, 11:57 PM
Dude were 2 games in? how can we win in the playoffs already?

DeBerg was talking about how Pioli and Haley had won in the playoffs.

In their roles, they've won nothing but intrasquad scrimmages. To say otherwise is incorrect.

Mecca
If you didn't notice:

Good if Bobby Wade can consistently play well then the Chiefs have 3 competent WR's and guys like Jake O'Connell don't need to be on the field.

Buehler445
I was wrong. I thought they'd run for around 150.

Then again, I wouldn't have expected to see Russell with 24 pass attempts, either.

But in the end, we still lost, so it doesn't fucking matter.

They did what we all said they HAD to do to win the game, and still fucked it up.

I think a lot of those pass plays were because of third and long.

The bolded part is what makes me want to cry like a bitch. I wanted to win this game bad.

Mecca
09-20-2009, 11:58 PM
The most depressing part of that game was Russell was total balls the entire game then he made basically the 3 best passes I've ever seen him throw to end the game.

Buehler445
09-20-2009, 11:58 PM

The bolded part is what makes me want to cry like a bitch. I wanted to win this game bad.

I guess my point is that the D played better than we all expected, and we should recognize it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2009, 11:59 PM
WTF dude? Neither has Rex Ryan and there are lots of people condoning him for poking the bear (Pats).

*facepalm*

Ok, from the top.

DeBerg says "Pioli and Haley have won in the playoffs". While that may be true as a consigliere and O-Coordinator, it is patently false in their roles as GM and Coach.

You wouldn't say that Peter Giunta is a two time Super Bowl winner as a head coach when he was a DC and a DB coach, because it's not true.

Reerun_KC
The most depressing part of that game was Russell was total balls the entire game then he made basically the 3 best passes I've ever seen him throw to end the game.

Yeah the one down the middle of the field inside the redzone sucked ass...

God our safties are just shit...

Buehler445

No shit. Couple that with the buttfucking we got from the refs and it was WILDLY frustrating.

Mecca
I guess my point is that the D played better than we all expected, and we should recognize it.

I'll give them credit they defended the run when they knew the other team was going to do it. That is an improvement from the past where they couldn't even stop it when they knew it was coming.

OnTheWarpath58

If you look at the game log, they came out passing on 1st down more often than not. Which is the exact opposite of what they did in SD, where they routinely ran on 1st and 2nd down, setting up 3rd-and-short situations.

Count Alex's Losses
1. No he didn't. He had a decent game.

Compared to Bradley he looked like a Pro Bowler.

2. O'Connell is a fucking n00b. You give your best players targets in that situation because they are apt to make the best of a bad situation (or pass).

If you hadn't noticed we don't have many receivers worth a shit. It's pretty clear Haley is still trying to find the best players. He gave O'Connell a chance. He got open, Cassel missed him.

Not blaming Haley for any of this shit. We have the least talented roster in the NFL. He puts guys in a position to win and they fuck it up.

Under Herm, they were put in a position to fail. Constantly.

AND IT'S ONLY WEEK TWO

HALEY IS INNOCENT! :cuss:

Raised On Riots
09-21-2009, 12:00 AM

Did I miss a memo? Rex Ryan is 2-0. As of today.

DaneMcCloud
YOur exactly right.

Sure.

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that the Chiefs have lost six straight including preseason since Haley took over?

You guys are fucking pathetic.

Buehler445
*facepalm*

Ok, from the top.

DeBerg says "Pioli and Haley have won in the playoffs". While that may be true as a consigliere and O-Coordinator, it is patently false in their roles as GM and Coach.

You wouldn't say that Peter Giunta is a two time Super Bowl winner as a head coach when he was a DC and a DB coach, because it's not true.

Mah bad. Musta missed that. Apologies.

Mecca
No shit. Couple that with the buttfucking we got from the refs and it was WILDLY frustrating.

That one they called the penalty on where everyone kept playing, even though it didn't count they basically ass raped Flowers who was playing it like it was a play...

When I saw that I thought the Chiefs caught a huge break.

Buehler445
09-21-2009, 12:01 AM
Did I miss a memo? Rex Ryan is 2-0. As of today.

Dude. The comment was about the playoffs and Superbowl. I misunderstood the context anyway.

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2009, 12:01 AM
Sure.

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that the Chiefs have lost six straight including preseason since Haley took over?

You guys are fucking pathetic.

You yourself admit that we have one of the least talented roster in the NFL.

You really expect Haley to take the blame at this point.

Christ, he's a complete 180 from Herm fucking Edwards.

Basically you guys think Pioli and Haley are morons and we have no talent.

Let's move the team and get an expansion franchise in here. Christ.

Reerun_KC
09-21-2009, 12:02 AM
Sure.

You guys are ****ing pathetic.

Dane you really dont mean that do you?:eek:

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Mah bad. Musta missed that. Apologies.

No worse than how Cassel missed the open receiver on Huffs second pick.

DaneMcCloud
You have got to be kidding me??? Hell while were at it lets blame Gantz as well..

You should be able to turn you roster and drafts out in 3 years. . Yeah DV wanted to win now, Herm had no frucking clue on what he wanted or what he was drafting...

Yes, herm frucking this team of talent, shit were cutting his so called talent right and left...

I will praise DV all day long before I give Herm anything.. DV earned his, Herm preached how you should praise him for fail.

You're insane.

The Chiefs didn't draft worth a FLYING FUCK for 8 FUCKING years and you're going to blame Herm?

JFC.

And BTW, Haley has the same results as Herm after 2 games this year: 2 Losses.

And I'm betting he'll have at least 12 more before the season's over.

I'll be really curious to see if you're kissing his ass when the Chiefs finish 2-14 again.

DaneMcCloud
Dane you really dont mean that do you?:eek:

Yeah, I do.

Buehler445
That one they called the penalty on where everyone kept playing, even though it didn't count they basically ass raped Flowers who was playing it like it was a play...

When I saw that I thought the Chiefs caught a huge break.

Yeah, there were penalties that went the Chiefs way too. Overall, it was just horrid officiating.

Reerun_KC
09-21-2009, 12:04 AM
You're insane.

The Chiefs didn't draft worth a FLYING **** for 8 ****ING years and you're going to blame Herm?

JFC.

I'll be really curious to see if you're kissing his ass and sucking his cock when the Chiefs finish 2-14 again.

Along with massaging his balls and pushing on his prostate at the same time...

:D

'Hamas' Jenkins
Let's move the team and get an expansion franchise in here. Christ.

I would not be completely opposed to this, in all honesty. I fucking hate the Hunts.

Mecca
Dick Vermiel is a huge reason why this team has no talent today, that would be acceptable if we won a bowl...we didn't even win a playoff game.

Count Alex's Losses
You're insane.

The Chiefs didn't draft worth a FLYING FUCK for 8 FUCKING years and you're going to blame Herm?

JFC.

I'll be really curious to see if you're kissing his ass and sucking his cock when the Chiefs finish 2-14 again.

You expected us to suck complete ass before you even saw Haley coach a game.

And now you're blaming him for the mess you already knew existed?

Are some of you really giving up on Haley ALREADY?!?! REALLY???

KcMizzou
Sure.

You guys are ****ing pathetic.You know what? Fuck you, Dane. You're clearly smarter than everyone else, but your attitude fucking sucks.

DeezNutz

Herm was a failure on all levels.

The players we drafted under DV, however, should be in their prime now. We're still paying the bills that old sumbitch left us.

But he put on a better show--the artifice was more impressively constructed--so we give him a pass.

Buehler445
No worse than how Cassel missed the open receiver on Huffs second pick.

Yeah. Bowe wasn't all that open, but that ball need some touch. Badly.

Raised On Riots
09-21-2009, 12:05 AM
I would not be completely opposed to this, in all honesty. I fucking hate the Hunts.

ROFL

DaneMcCloud

Yet when I said it in 2008, people like Claythan (who couldn't be further removed from that circle) told me I was wrong about Clark and his so-called "passion" for football.

Reerun_KC
Dick Vermiel is a huge reason why this team has no talent today, that would be acceptable if we won a bowl...we didn't even win a playoff game.

Fair Enough, but Herm didnt do us any fucking favors either...

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2009, 12:06 AM

They forced out Carl and Herm this offseason, poured a shit ton of money into the new stadium and completely made over the franchise.

And you hate them.

The only thing wrong with this organization is the collection of talent on the field. That's not Haley's fault, it's not Pioli's fault. It's Herm and Carl's fault.

In three years if we suck this bad, Haley and Pioli can fuck right off. But for now, GIVE THEM A FREAKING CHANCE.

Un fucking believeable, people.

Un fucking believable.

Mecca
I expected them to suck the last 2 years too that doesn't excuse boneheaded things Herm did.

You can judge what a coach does in game situations even if the team is bad.

Count Alex's Losses
Yet when I said it in 2008, people like Claythan (who couldn't be further removed from that circle) told me I was wrong about Clark and his so-called "passion" for football.

This offseason pretty much proved you WERE wrong.

DaneMcCloud
You know what? Fuck you, Dane. You're clearly smarter than everyone else, but your attitude fucking sucks.

Fine, fuck you, Dude.

I'm sorry that you can't deal with reality.

This team fucking sucks. Carl, Gunther and Vermeil ran this franchise into the ground and Herm was the final straw.

It's going to take YEARS to rebuild this team and if you can't deal with it, get the fuck out.

Chocolate Hog
09-21-2009, 12:07 AM
This team won't win shit until Pendergast isn't the play caller on defense.

DaneMcCloud
This offseason pretty much proved you WERE wrong.

Oh yeah, right.

The amount of money spent in free-agency proves that, right?

Whatever.

DeezNutz
Fair Enough, but Herm didnt do us any ****ing favors either...

Our two best players are from the Herm era: Flowers and Albert.

Those two alone *should* do far more for the franchise than anything done under DV's watch. That whole period of time was a complete fucking disaster.

Mecca
Fair Enough, but Herm didnt do us any fucking favors either...

The changing of defensive schemes made basically all of the players Herm drafted completely useless.

Herms a crap coach and some of those picks were not good picks but that change made those guys even worse.

Count Alex's Losses
I expected them to suck the last 2 years too that doesn't excuse boneheaded things Herm did.

You can judge what a coach does in game situations even if the team is bad.

What boneheaded decisions did Haley make?

Answer: nothing remotely comparable to Herm's garbage.

Christ, did you see that trap play we ran on 4th and 2? Great fucking call. Herm would have pounded Larry behind Waters for a loss of 3.

Reerun_KC
09-21-2009, 12:08 AM
Yeah, I do.

Well alot of you CockHolsters swallowed Herm balls deep when he came here, gave him 3 years before many turned on him...

So suck it, I am willing to give Haley and Pioli more than 2 games before I start lynching.

And if you dont like it? You can go gang rape yourself with a dirty aids stick... :D

Buehler445
You're insane.

JFC.

I'll be really curious to see if you're kissing his ass when the Chiefs finish 2-14 again.

Herm has to shoulder a lot of the blame. How many Vermeil guys were were here when Haley took over?

Haley has a fuckload to learn and called a bad game. But even with the suck of today, he's approximately three kajillion times better than Herm.

I have to ask. Do you disagree with the direction Haley is taking the team?

philfree

I really don't thinks that it. It's more like every player is held accountable every day because any one player doesn't know when his one effort is gonna make a differnce. The Chiefs are at ground zero. We have no heros until the players on our team make the plays. Spiltting hairs on a frogs ass....I'm tired of giving players multiple chances. We suck but why embrace any suckage? Haley and Pioli are buds and they aren't going anywhere for a few more years. I just hope the Haley keeps on kicking the guys out who are continual losers. And that don't mean tony G so don't start. We suck and it ain't Haleys fault IMHO. Yes I'm humble...

PhilFree:arrow:

Chocolate Hog
And Todd Haleys clock management has sucked though the 4th Quarter the Chiefs still had all 3 timeouts.

Raised On Riots
This team won't win shit until Pendergast isn't the play caller on defense.

Let's promote from within:

BROWN FTW!!!!!:)

DaneMcCloud
Our two best players are from the Herm era: Flowers and Albert.

Those two alone *should* do far more for the franchise than anything done under DV's watch. That whole period of time was a complete fucking disaster.

Bowe

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2009, 12:09 AM
Oh yeah, right.

The amount of money spent in free-agency proves that, right?

Whatever.

Please. Free agents? Give me a break. This team is not in a position to spend money on a bunch of high-dollar veterans. You know that's absurd.

Reerun_KC
Fine, **** you, Dude.

This team ****ing sucks. Carl, Gunther and Vermeil ran this franchise into the ground and Herm was the final straw.

It's going to take YEARS to rebuild this team and if you can't deal with it, get the **** out.

UH yeah, but no need to bail already after 2 games...

KcMizzou
Fine, **** you, Dude.

This team ****ing sucks. Carl, Gunther and Vermeil ran this franchise into the ground and Herm was the final straw.

It's going to take YEARS to rebuild this team and if you can't deal with it, get the **** out.I'll deal with it just fine. You're the one who parades around like he knows every goddamned thing there is to know.

It's getting ****ing old, dude. Chiefs fans understand that the team is bad right now.

We ****ing get it. OK?

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2009, 12:10 AM
And Todd Haleys clock management has sucked though the 4th Quarter the Chiefs still had all 3 timeouts.

BullSHIT.

There was zero wrong with the clock management.

Count Alex's Losses
UH yeah, but no need to bail already after 2 games...

It's sad when Reerun is the voice of reason.

DaneMcCloud
Herm has to shoulder a lot of the blame. How many Vermeil guys were were here when Haley took over?

Haley has a fuckload to learn and called a bad game. But even with the suck of today, he's approximately three kajillion times better than Herm.

I have to ask. Do you disagree with the direction Haley is taking the team?

Hell no, I don't disagree.

But I swear to fucking GOD, 70% of the members here thought that all of the Chiefs problems and issues magically went out the window because of Haley & Pioli.

It's insane.

And those same people are fucking butthurt because the Chiefs haven't improved enough to win a game yet this season.

HOW IS THIS A SURPRISE, PEOPLE?

DBOSHO
09-21-2009, 12:11 AM
I'll deal with it just fine. You're the one who parades around like he knows every goddamned thing there is to know.

It's getting ****ing old, dude. Chiefs fans understand that the team is bad right now.

We ****ing get it. OK?

THIS X A FUCKING MILLION

Mecca
What boneheaded decisions did Haley make?

Answer: nothing remotely comparable to Herm's garbage.

Christ, did you see that trap play we ran on 4th and 2? Great fucking call. Herm would have pounded Larry behind Waters for a loss of 3.

Calling a dump pass to the middle of the field with a minute left for 9 yards then not calling timeout right after is a boneheaded thing to do...

Saccopoo
This I can buy into. Bradley needs to be on the field until he gets broken.

As what? A tight end? With the acquisition of Bobby Wade, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever that Bradley needs to be on the field until he learns how to play effectively at the NFL level at his position.

And with regard to Whitlock and his continued admonishment of this front office because his twin/inside snitch got his panties in a wad because the coach and GM wouldn't give him a sit down meeting a day before the draft about the direction of the franchise is going from embarrassing to tragic to downright disturbing. This dogmatic mantra of his got old real fast right from the getgo and it's only getting worse.

Chocolate Hog
09-21-2009, 12:12 AM
BullSHIT.

There was zero wrong with the clock management.

How do you write about football? When Cassel threw the pass to Savage there was no timeouts left with 8 seconds left. Moron.

DaneMcCloud
I'll deal with it just fine. You're the one who parades around like he knows every goddamned thing there is to know.

We ****ing get it. OK?

Put me on ignore then.

I'm not trying to get under your skin. I wish I was wrong.

But for FUCKS SAKE, I was told all off-season that I was fucking wrong EVERY GODDAMN DAY.

As it turns out, I wasn't and I'm not wrong about the talent on this team.

Am I just supposed to forget about that and worship at the feet of Todd FUCKING Haley?

DeezNutz
Bowe

LMAO.

There must be some reason why I always fail to mention him.

Yeah, he's nails.

He's the quality of WR that DV, the offensive genious, failed miserably to acquire.

Count Alex's Losses
How do you write about football? When Cassel threw the pass to Savage there was no timeouts left with 8 seconds left. Moron.

That's on Cassel, not Haley.

Do you REALLY think Haley intended for his quarterback to throw the ball in bounds in that situation?

DaneMcCloud
THIS X A FUCKING MILLION

Oh, Fuck Off, Cockbreath.

Go bone your fat sister again.

Mecca
09-21-2009, 12:13 AM
I wasn't aware that Mark Bradley was a rookie that had no idea how to play his position.

Buehler445

But I swear to fucking GOD, 70% of the members here thought that all of the Chiefs problems and issues magically went out the window because of Haley & Pioli.

It's insane.

And those same people are fucking butthurt because the Chiefs haven't improved enough to win a game yet this season.

Dude. I think even KCJohnny knows this team blows ass. Outside of him and that Koolaid guy that was around for awhile, we know this team blows ass.

That doesn't mean Haley is not an improvement or something to be excited about following and watching improve.

The talent sucks shit. But that doesn't mean Haley is a bad coach and deserves capital punishment.

Chocolate Hog

Do you REALLY think Haley intended for his quarterback to throw the ball in bounds in that situation?

Why would you run a play with 8 seconds left with no timeouts when your in position to take the lead? 2 of those timeouts were burned because the play caller (Haley) didn't get the plays called in time and he even said so in the press confrence.

Reerun_KC

But I swear to ****ing GOD, 70% of the members here thought that all of the Chiefs problems and issues magically went out the window because of Haley & Pioli.

It's insane.

And those same people are ****ing butthurt because the Chiefs haven't improved enough to win a game yet this season.

;)

Pioli and Haley are righting the ship... That is all many of us care about...

Actually i could give a rats as what Herm, DV, Marty or Levy did here... This regime started this year... What happen or drafted in the past is irrelevant...

Hell most of Herms and DV's picks are going to be gone anyway when this team is finally good. So to argue that point is retarded...

DeezNutz

If he did, he should be fired as OC immediately. Wait...

Mecca

According to Cassel...he did, you should hear it.

KcMizzou
09-21-2009, 12:14 AM
Put me on ignore then.

I'm not trying to get under your skin. I wish I was wrong.

But for ****S SAKE, I was told all off-season that I was ****ing wrong EVERY GODDAMN DAY.

As it turns out, I wasn't and I'm not wrong about the talent on this team.

Am I just supposed to forget about that and worship at the feet of Todd ****ING Haley?Not at all... You're just not supposed to make every effort to be the biggest dick you can possibly be at every turn.

OnTheWarpath58

Considering Cassel said in the postgame* that the play wasn't designed to go to the end zone, then yeah, I can believe it.

*according to Mecca

Count Alex's Losses
Calling a dump pass to the middle of the field with a minute left for 9 yards then not calling timeout right after is a boneheaded thing to do...

Actually, no, they got lined up quickly enough to run another play first. That was proper clock management. You hit the open man quickly, pick up the first down and then use a timeout. You see that shit in the NFL all the fucking time.

They didn't "call" a dump pass, either. You act like there was no progression on the play. Come on, seriously.

Mecca
;)

Actually i could give a rats as what Herm, DV, Marty or Levy did here... This regime started this year... What happen or drafted in the past is irrelevant...

Hell most of Herms and DV's picks are going to be gone anyway when this team is finally good. So to argue that point is retarded...

We'll see how these guys draft, as of today the Patriots bad drafts look to be catching them.

Chocolate Hog
09-21-2009, 12:15 AM
Folks thats what 109 bucks gets you.

DaneMcCloud
Dude. I think even KCJohnny knows this team blows ass. Outside of him and that Koolaid guy that was around for awhile, we know this team blows ass.

That doesn't mean Haley is not an improvement or something to be excited about following and watching improve.

The talent sucks shit. But that doesn't mean Haley is a bad coach and deserves capital punishment.

Of course not.

But let's not pretend that he called a perfect game. Let's not pretend that Clancy Pendergast is any sort of improvement over Gunther.

And let's not pretend that for all intents and purposes, this year's draft actually meant a fucking thing to a talent starved roster.

This team has won 25 out of 27 and unfortunately, we're stuck in neutral.

DBOSHO
Oh, **** Off, Cockbreath.

yet another predictable dane post.

a made up word followed by an insult

Count Alex's Losses
Considering Cassel said in the postgame* that the play wasn't designed to go to the end zone, then yeah, I can believe it.

*according to Mecca

I'd have to hear it. There is no way anyone can be that stupid.

DaneMcCloud
Not at all... You're just not supposed to make every effort to be the biggest dick you can possibly be at every turn.

No effort is required

DeezNutz
;)

We better hope not.

Albert, Bowe, Flowers, Dorsey, Morgan, Carr, (Colquitt, bitches) etc. should be a decent core to build around. The lower-tier guys will drop off, but these guys can play some football.

Mecca
09-21-2009, 12:16 AM
Actually, no, they got lined up quickly enough to run another play first. That was proper clock management. You hit the open man quickly, pick up the first down and then use a timeout. You see that shit in the NFL all the fucking time.

They didn't "call" a dump pass, either. You act like there was no progression on the play. Come on, seriously.

They burned 25 seconds doing that....when there is a minute left you can not do that unless it's a 20 yard play.

With 3 timeouts they should have called TO right away.

DaneMcCloud
yet another predictable dane post.

a made up word followed by an insult

Just go away.

You're an idiot of epic proportions. At least the other members bring insight.

You bring nothing.

Buehler445
Oh, Fuck Off, Cockbreath.

Ouch. I about fell out of my chair laughing.

Fat sister? Where the hell do you come up with this shit...ROFL

Reerun_KC
We'll see how these guys draft, as of today the Patriots bad drafts look to be catching them.

Yep so in 3 years, we should know what we have and if these guys are worth a shit...

Herm got 3 years to fuck this franchise to no end... Haley should at least get that...

Count Alex's Losses
Why would you run a play with 8 seconds left with no timeouts when your in position to take the lead?

It's called taking a shot at the end zone. Come on.

KcMizzou
No effort is required

:DClearly.

Mecca
I'd have to hear it. There is no way anyone can be that stupid.

It was played on 810 after the game, I just shook my head and said wow he just basically called Haley out on that one saying he did what the play told him to do.

OnTheWarpath58
09-21-2009, 12:17 AM
;)

Pioli and Haley are righting the ship... That is all many of us care about.

Honest question:

How is out-Raidering the Raiders "righting the ship?"

Are you HOPING they are going to right the ship because they aren't Herm, therefore they MUST be better, or have you seen actual, physical evidence that leads you to believe they are "righting the ship?"

DaneMcCloud
Ouch. I about fell out of my chair laughing.

Fat sister? Where the hell do you come up with this shit...ROFL

It just rolls off the tongue, my friend.

DaneMcCloud
Honest question:

Are you HOPING they are going to right the ship because they aren't Herm, therefore they MUST be better, or have you seen actual, physical evidence that leads you to believe they are "righting the ship?"

Haley's not Herm.

That's enough for Reerun.

DeezNutz

Taking a risk.

Like going for a 4th and 1 inside the 5 in the first quarter at home. Oh, wait...

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2009, 12:18 AM
I wasn't aware that Mark Bradley was a rookie that had no idea how to play his position.

Bradley had a fucking awful game in Week 1 apart from one bomb.

Wade was an improvement in every way and he was fresh off the street.

Kudos to Haley not only for snatching him up but getting him prepared to play on such short notice.

Or you know, he could have given Jeff Webb another chance. Like Herm.

Reerun_KC
We better hope not.

Albert, Bowe, Flowers, Dorsey, Morgan, Carr, (Colquitt, bitches) etc. should be a decent core to build around. The lower-tier guys will drop off, but these guys can play some football.

I agree, Most would be the Lower-tier guys...

The role players and depth...

DBOSHO
Of course not.

But let's not pretend that he called a perfect game. Let's not pretend that Clancy Pendergast is any sort of improvement over Gunther.

And let's not pretend that for all intents and purposes, this year's draft actually meant a ****ing thing to a talent starved roster.

wait...weve been WINNING AGAIN?!

Chocolate Hog

Throwing a dump pass isn't taking a shot at the end zone. Have you seen this o-line play? Throwing the ball wiht 8 seconds left and no timeouts is fucking stupid. Kick the field goal you're up 3 points. Cassels Touchdown would have been the game Chiefs win.

OnTheWarpath58

Taking a shot at the end zone usually requires getting the ball in the same zip code as the end zone.

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2009, 12:19 AM
Taking a risk.

Like going for a 4th and 1 inside the 5 in the first quarter at home. Oh, wait...

So, this whole organization sucks? Is that it?

Reerun_KC
Haley's not Herm.

That's enough for Reerun.

Its a start!

Count Alex's Losses
Taking a shot at the end zone usually requires getting the ball in the same zip code as the end zone.

Once again: THAT'S ON CASSEL.

DaneMcCloud
Clearly.

Dude, what do you want me say?

I've been here for 9 years. It's not like I've been like this the entire time.

Years of horrific drafting under Vermeil and trading away our picks along with Dumber and Dumber on the sidelines (Herm & Gunther) have me realistic about this team and I just can't sugar coat it.

I'm sorry it bothers you so much. Really.

Mecca
Honest question:

At this point I don't see it as righting the ship I see it as shit by a new name. Herm is obviously a nice person but kind of retarded when it comes to football, now we have a guy who frankly wants people to think he's a dickface.

I don't really think either approach is the best way you have to find the middle line.

DaneMcCloud

I don't think we truly know the answer to that question, do we?

Why ask it now?

DBOSHO
Just go away.

You're an idiot of epic proportions. At least the other members bring insight.

You bring nothing.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Reerun_KC
09-21-2009, 12:20 AM
Honest question:

I will come with an answer to this either by PM or in this thread, but have to call it a night... Have an early wake up call....

tk13
Of course not.

And let's not pretend that for all intents and purposes, this year's draft actually meant a ****ing thing to a talent starved roster.

Well, I'd have to argue with that a bit. At least Pendergast isn't running around telling everyone how he can see the golden rainbow of elves ready to shine down on the practice field and insert orbs of defense power into the players colons allowing them to grow beards and play defense. Or whatever it is.

DeezNutz

Don't go full WPI.

How the fuck did my last post generate this response?

There were moments of inconsistency from Haley today, that's my point. Have a philosophy and stick to it.

DaneMcCloud

Mecca
09-21-2009, 12:21 AM
Using Herm as the standard for Haley is like using Thigpen as the standard for Cassel it's dishonest and puts the bar so low that you can't help but be positive.

Be a bit more realistic when looking at things there's no need to try to give yourself 500 reasons why the Chiefs have to be better.

DeezNutz
Well, I'd have to argue with that a bit. At least Pendergast isn't running around telling everyone how he can see the golden rainbow of elves ready to shine down on the practice field and insert orbs of defense power into the players colons allowing them to grow beards and play defense. Or whatever it is.

But what if we like rainbows (and unicorns)?

Raised On Riots
Minus "Cock Breath Sister Fucker", the crew we've got posting right now is the core of why I like to come here and piss my miserable life away.:D

DaneMcCloud

Yeah, fortunately for us, the assistant coaches aren't allowed to talk to the press.

Buehler445

I agree. Plus a lot of the core D guys they lost were FA guys. I know it's early, but they may be done....

Of course not.

And let's not pretend that for all intents and purposes, this year's draft actually meant a fucking thing to a talent starved roster.

To be fair, Clancy's D stopped the run. Gunther gave up...lemme check....198,956,487,192 yards on the ground in the Faider game last year. He has the potential to be an improvement, but I agree. Odds are he's gonna blow.

Hopefully we're grinding the gears. I'm hoping we can hit fifth gear before the synchromesh wears out and the clutch fails.

OnTheWarpath58
I will come with an answer to this either by PM or in this thread, but have to call it a night... Have an early wake up call....

Me too. Have an 8am class.

Reerun_KC
09-21-2009, 12:22 AM

Or how we are going to fix the defense and not touch the offense?

Saccopoo
09-21-2009, 12:23 AM
Yeah the one down the middle of the field inside the redzone sucked ass...

God our safties are just shit...

It's not just the safeties, it's the entire middle of the field. It's been a long, long time since the Deron Cherry/Dino Hackett days. We really haven't had anything of note in the middle of the field since then (although we did experience a brief two season window of Tongue/Woods/Mazlowski mediocrity), and I'm inclined to believe that without decent production in the middle of the defense, your team is basically screwed. (Witness the Vermeil years as evidence.) Our entire linebacking corps has to be ranked damn near the bottom of the NFL. Vrabel is solid, but he doesn't have the athleticism at this point of his career to be an every down strong side LB. We'd be better served to have him in a Mike role. Hali tries his ass off, but he'll never be mistaken for the next DT, and he just doesn't have the experience at coverage from the LB spot to be considered effective at this point. Johnson has made two big plays in two straight games. Maybe the demotion was something that he needed in order to bring his head into the game on a more consistent basis.

tk13
But what if we like rainbows (and unicorns)?

If they can play linebacker, sign them up.

Chocolate Hog
Heres some positive things about the Chiefs.

Haley benched Bowe and Johnson they seemed to have got it.

The offense moved the ball today.

Cassel showed he can play.

Special teams has improved.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2009, 12:24 AM
I agree. Plus a lot of the core D guys they lost were FA guys. I know it's early, but they may be done....

To be fair, Clancy's D stopped the run. Gunther gave up...lemme check....198,956,487,192 yards on the ground in the Faider game last year. He has the potential to be an improvement, but I agree. Odds are he's gonna blow.

Hopefully we're grinding the gears. I'm hoping we can hit fifth gear before the synchromesh wears out and the clutch fails.

Well, I sort of have issue with the statement that they stopped the run.

In MY opinion, Tom Cable called what might possibly be the worst game I've ever seen called.

They should have continued to pound the Chiefs up the middle with Bush and McFadden. Pound, pound, pound, pound. They'd have been worn out by the 4th quarter and the Raiders would have had an easy win.

But instead, the tried to get Russell to beat the Chiefs through air.

Insane.

Count Alex's Losses
Heres some positive things about the Chiefs.

Haley benched Bowe and Johnson they seemed to have got it.

The offense moved the ball today.

Cassel showed he can play.

Special teams has improved.

If only we had a coach.

DAMMIT!

DeezNutz
If they can play linebacker, sign them up.

I'd drink to that.

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2009, 12:25 AM
Oh, **** Off, Cockbreath.

Go bone your fat sister again.ROFL

DBOSHO
dane is funny

Chocolate Hog
If only we had a coach.

DAMMIT!

Haileys time management sucked. If they sign someone besides Pendgerast the defense will be good.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2009, 12:26 AM
Or how we are going to fix the defense and not touch the offense?

Personally (and I said this all offseason), the offense would have been a much quicker fix than the defense. Sign Jason Brown or draft a center, right tackle, receiver and RB. Sign a couple of free agents like Coles or Housh. Become the Dick Vermeil offense 2.0.

Fix the defense next year.

Instead, both units suck.

KcMizzou
09-21-2009, 12:26 AM
dane is funnyYeah, he's a hoot.

Saccopoo
09-21-2009, 12:27 AM
Herm was a failure on all levels.

The players we drafted under DV, however, should be in their prime now. We're still paying the bills that old sumbitch left us.

Guys like Eddie Freeman, Junior Siavii and the list could go on forever. The problem is a reoccurring theme that transcends Vermeil and Herm. There is one constant in the equation and that is/was Carl Peterson.

Mecca
Personally I want to see if Haley's stuff with the players keeps up as the Chiefs are likely to get butt raped for 2 months now...

All of the stuff he says is great if they're winning or it's working when you're 0-8 you can lose a team that way.

OnTheWarpath58
Using Herm as the standard for Haley is like using Thigpen as the standard for Cassel it's dishonest and puts the bar so low that you can't help but be positive.

Be a bit more realistic when looking at things there's no need to try to give yourself 500 reasons why the Chiefs have to be better.

The sad part is, the same shit is happening this year, and we're losing the same way we did with Herm at the helm.

But this year, it's magically due to the lack of talent, not coaching.

This is from another thread, but fits here.

The bottom line is, there is no call for the 180 on Haley that some people are having.

Really?

Because I spent all last season on this board reading how the Head Coach is responsible for EVERYTHING that takes place.

Let me make something PERFECTLY CLEAR: The following is NOT a defense of Herman Edwards.

When clock/time out management was an issue, it was HERM'S FAULT.

When the playcalling was questionable, it was HERM'S FAULT.

When the players made mistakes, it was HERM'S FAULT.

Guess what, dude. The same shit is happening in 2009, and with 30 different players.

Haley hasn't done anything to deserve the pass your giving him, especially considering I spent the summer reading that we'd win more games this year based on coaching alone.

Buehler445
Well, I sort of have issue with the statement that they stopped the run.

In MY opinion, Tom Cable called what might possibly be the worst game I've ever seen called.

They should have continued to pound the Chiefs up the middle with Bush and McFadden. Pound, pound, pound, pound. They'd have been worn out by the 4th quarter and the Raiders would have had an easy win.

But instead, the tried to get Russell to beat the Chiefs through air.

Insane.

True. OTW pointed out to me (apparently my mind is fucked from this end of Q3 bullshit) that they threw a bunch on first down. And I will concede that is epically retarded. I mean seriously. With JaFatass? Whatever.

But the D did come up with very very good stops against the run that would have been OBLITERATED last year. The discipline was much better. Cable is a douche, but I was surprised by the ability of the D to stop this run game.

DBOSHO
09-21-2009, 12:28 AM
Yeah, he's a hoot.

i say that with as much sarcasm as possible

doomy3
09-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Where did this idea come from that it was only like 5 of you that knew our roster was talent starved?

I seriously think some of you give yourselves too much credit.

I haven't seen really anyone claiming that we have a talented team. Where did this come from?

Mecca
09-21-2009, 12:30 AM
The sad part is, the same shit is happening this year, and we're losing the same way we did with Herm at the helm.

It comes down to 1 thing, this is a fan base that so badly wants the Chiefs to be good they will lie to themselves for as long as they can about anything they can.

DaneMcCloud
Where did this idea come from that it was only like 5 of you that knew our roster was talent starved?

I seriously think some of you give yourselves too much credit.

I haven't seen really anyone claiming that we have a talented team. Where did this come from?

Oh please

Buehler445
Personally I want to see if Haley's stuff with the players keeps up as the Chiefs are likely to get butt raped for 2 months now...

All of the stuff he says is great if they're winning or it's working when you're 0-8 you can lose a team that way.

I'm interested also. Hopefully it works out. This team absolutely does not need to be fucked again.

And as a sidenote, FUCK the Donko cunts and their pussy ass opening schedule. I know they didn't make them, but FUCK THEM ANYWAY. :bang:

Raised On Riots
09-21-2009, 12:31 AM
The breakdown of discipline in this game was off the charts compared to last week.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2009, 12:32 AM
Yeah, he's a hoot.

You know, I've tried to be nice and respectful because above all, I thought you and I were friendly.

But if this is the way it's going to go, so be it.

Mecca
I'm interested also. Hopefully it works out. This team absolutely does not need to be fucked again.

And as a sidenote, FUCK the Donko cunts and their pussy ass opening schedule. I know they didn't make them, but FUCK THEM ANYWAY. :bang:

HaHa, the Broncos are going to win like 7 games i think..Cincy actually isn't that bad.

doomy3
Oh please

Seriously.

You bang your drum loudest, but what the fuck does that really mean. Just because others don't feel the need to repeat it in every one of their posts doesn't mean they don't realize it.

Maybe I've just missed all these posts by people saying we have a lot of talent on our team.

'Hamas' Jenkins
The thing that really sucks is that moving to a 3-4 defense set this team back another year. Time will tell if it was the right move, but considering you could have gone into this draft with Pioli's mantra of all-D, all-day, used your R2 on Cassel and had a defense of:

LDE: Hali/Jarron Gilbert
DT: Raji
DT: Dorsey
RDE: Sidbury (passing downs, eventually an every down player)

with a DL rotation of: Tyler, Edwards, Vrabel, and possibly Gilberry

LB: DJ, Demorrio, Mays
Secondary: Carr, Flowers, Brown, Page, Morgan, Leggett...

That's not a bad defense. In fact, that defense has the potential to be a top 10 unit once you replace two of the backers.

Buehler445

The good news is that Haley has only sucked for 2 games instead of 49 and shows a propensity to change things instead of...Whatever the fuck Herm did.

Haley has not experienced success, but that does not mean he is doing things incorrectly.

Saccopoo
09-21-2009, 12:33 AM
Fine, **** you, Dude.

It's going to take YEARS to rebuild this team and if you can't deal with it, get the **** out.

And this is why the dog piling on Haley and Pioli needs to stop. All the little Whitlocks around here should realize that this team was basically fubar'd by Peterson and Herm and there is only so much a front office can do in so little time as this one had to begin this season.

DBOSHO
You know, I've tried to be nice and respectful because above all, I thought you and I were friendly.

But if this is the way it's going to go, so be it.

you done done it now......

DaneMcCloud
True. OTW pointed out to me (apparently my mind is fucked from this end of Q3 bullshit) that they threw a bunch on first down. And I will concede that is epically retarded. I mean seriously. With JaFatass? Whatever.

But the D did come up with very very good stops against the run that would have been OBLITERATED last year. The discipline was much better. Cable is a douche, but I was surprised by the ability of the D to stop this run game.

The bottom line for me today was that the Raiders tried and tried and tried to give the game to the Chiefs today but they just wouldn't take it.

That's the simplest explanation that I have.

You know, I'd be fucking depressed as shit if I hadn't prepared myself for this season.

KcMizzou
09-21-2009, 12:34 AM

But if this is the way it's going to go, so be it.Always have been, man... but you seriously seem to be going out of your way to be a dick.

I don't understand it.

The "you guys are pathetic" put me over the edge. Seriously? Are you that far above your fellow posters/fans?

tk13
Guys like Eddie Freeman, Junior Siavii and the list could go on forever. The problem is a reoccurring theme that transcends Vermeil and Herm. There is one constant in the equation and that is/was Carl Peterson.

That's the thing, we knew what we were doing when we brought DV in here... Carl was trying to get his ring on the way out, at any cost. And when it didn't work we started to pay the price... and strangely enough Carl stuck around and hired Herm. And then to further sabotage the whole thing he dragged Gunther back here, to work under the head coach he was fired for... yeah no conflict of interest there. Then Gunther spends 5 years here talking a big game, then leaves and complains about how the entire time he didn't believe in the philosophies of any of our other coaches. Yeah that's a recipe for success.

Buehler445
HaHa, the Broncos are going to win like 7 games i think..Cincy actually isn't that bad.

Unfortunately they may....

Cincy isn't bad, but they played like total shitballs week 1.

Chocolate Hog
09-21-2009, 12:35 AM
Always have been, man... but you seriously seem to be going out of your way to be a dick.

I don't understand it.

The "you guys are pathetic" put me over the edge. Seriously? Are you that far above your fellow posters/fans?

Have you seen the douche bags who post on here? I know i'm an asshole but when you give a take that doesn't fit what the consesus of the board says you are "the worst poster on the board"

Raised On Riots
09-21-2009, 12:35 AM
The bottom line for me today was that the Raiders tried and tried and tried to give the game to the Chiefs today but they just wouldn't take it.

You know, I'd be fucking depressed as shit if I hadn't prepared myself for this season.

That's how it looked and feels to me.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2009, 12:36 AM
And this is why the dog piling on Haley and Pioli needs to stop. All the little Whitlocks around here should realize that this team was basically fubar'd by Peterson and Herm and there is only so much a front office can do in so little time as this one had to begin this season.

Yeah, I don't understand it. I'm not doggin' either one. Haley was less than perfect today but that's the biggest issue: With this roster, Haley and the team will have to be perfect in order to get a win.

It's not Pioli's fault this roster sucks. It's not Haley's fault that Cassel made bad decisions.

As a matter of fact, I applauded the move for Bobby Wade and he even exceeded my expectations this week.

This notion that I'm "Mr. Negativity" is nonsense.

Mecca
Unfortunately they may....

Cincy isn't bad, but they played like total shitballs week 1.

I'd tell you the biggest surprise I've had as a season is the Broncos defense, I thought it would be the worst thing ever.

'Hamas' Jenkins
One of my former students works for the Bengals right now. Some of the stories are pretty interesting.

Buehler445

And that is absolutely correct. And that's why it's hard. I was fine with getting crushed by Baltimore. I expected worse, but it is crushing to lose to a shit team that hands you a win. Hell, I expected a loss, I thought McFadden would eat our souls, but man, it would have been good to pull out a win. Mostly because I hate the Faid and we aren't going to get anymore.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2009, 12:37 AM
Always have been, man... but you seriously seem to be going out of your way to be a dick.

I don't understand it.

I wasn't talking about you.

I was talking about "Deberg" and his ilk. That's who I quoted.

I like him but sometimes, his takes are just ridiculous.

Taco John
Do you realize how arrogant you have to be to hold a brutal offseason program and training camp, play a game and then sign Bobby Wade off the street on Tuesday and make him your go-to receiver on Sunday because you’re trying to prove a point to Dwayne Bowe and Mark Bradley?

I can't read all 100 pages of this thread, but I'd be willing to bet that in all of them, not a single post provides a good counter to this point.

Count Alex's Losses

When did we ever outgain someone 400 to 100 last year?

When? At what point.

When is this team going to be down 34-0 to Carolina or Tennessee?

That is not happening this year.

Short Leash Hootie
09-21-2009, 12:38 AM
They burned 25 seconds doing that....when there is a minute left you can not do that unless it's a 20 yard play.

With 3 timeouts they should have called TO right away.

or hurried up, ran a draw play real quick, picked up the 1st, and then called a TO immediately...it was horrible...after the fuck up on 2nd down...then they should have AGAIN called a draw play on 3rd down an they fucked up again...I think haley thinks the NFL uses rollover timeouts and we can use the two extra timeouts next week or something...

doomy3
I'd tell you the biggest surprise I've had as a season is the Broncos defense, I thought it would be the worst thing ever.

I agree with this. It will be interesting to see if it keeps up, or if they just caught the Bengals at the right time with Palmer coming back for his first game, and then facing an absolutely awful Browns offense.

Buehler445

You know what it is? They have a passrush. I have no clue how they're stopping the run, but Dumerville was made to be an OLB.

Life gets a kajillion times easier when you can get in the QBs head. Unfortunately we have......Tamba Hali :huh:

Count Alex's Losses
One of my former students works for the Bengals right now. Some of the stories are pretty interesting.

The stories about what a colossal meddling fool Mike Brown is?

Yeah, he makes King Carl look like a genius.

Chocolate Hog
I can't read all 100 pages of this thread, but I'd be willing to bet that in all of them, not a single post provides a good counter to this point.

haha this isn't politics what are you doin here?

DaneMcCloud

I don't understand it.

I wasn't talking about you.

I was talking about "Deberg" and his ilk. That's who I quoted.

I like him but sometimes, his takes are just ridiculous.

I called out Reerun as well and I like him a lot, too.

It just seems that people are disingenuous at times and it bothers me.

Again, I apologize if I offended you. It was not my intent.

Mecca
09-21-2009, 12:39 AM

If Palmer stays on the field it's a 7-9 win team, their defense was 12th last year I don't think many people realize how much they improved there.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-21-2009, 12:39 AM

That's because most of us don't disagree with it.

Many of us have said that "The Right 53" is fucking bullshit. It's PR. The fact of the matter is that for all the guys who had to work to "earn their jobs", Matt Cassel got handed 49 extra million dollars before he earned jack or fuck, even in the preseason.

There is a fuck load of doublespeak from this regime, but it's early, and no one wants to mention it.

Count Alex's Losses
09-21-2009, 12:40 AM
The Wade thing? Seriously?

A good receiver came free, we needed one, we signed him.

And he performs in his first game at a higher level than anyone save Bowe.

What's the issue again?

Oh yeah, Chiefs fans like to bitch about a clearly successful move.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-21-2009, 12:40 AM
The stories about what a colossal meddling fool Mike Brown is?

Yeah, he makes King Carl look like a genius.

More about the workings of the locker room. I guess that Marv Lewis' "Be a FUCKING PRO!" speech went over really well...they've even been inundated by coaches for requests of that tape to show to their players. ROFL ROFL