PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Fans of Dallas

DallasChief
09-21-2009, 12:18 AM
I saw the game today (in Dallas) at a bar called 'Wizards Sports Cafe'. Its basically like 35 -45 Chiefs fans from the Dallas area who have the biggest section in the bar reserved for all Chiefs games. It was my first time-does anyone from here go there to see the games?

Ari Chi3fs
09-21-2009, 03:12 AM
This got me thinking... we need a master thread, listing all of the sports bars that show / focus on the CHiefs games.

That would be handy... each major city that has a Chiefs bar... cool to know for vacation/ business/ etc.

Mile High Mania
09-21-2009, 04:36 AM
Wizards is a great place for Sundays... rarely crowded though. It's not far from my house, have gone there many times. I have not gone this year though, I found a place where 20-30 Broncos' fans meet up - Sharkys.

But, Wizards... they've been a KC watch party spot now for the last 2 seasons.

Bwana
09-21-2009, 05:52 AM
This got me thinking... we need a master thread, listing all of the sports bars that show / focus on the CHiefs games.

That would be handy... each major city that has a Chiefs bar... cool to know for vacation/ business/ etc.

That would be a gret thread and one I would likely use at times. I wil be stuck in Cleveland for the weeked in two weeks. Any Chiefs bars out there that anyone knows about?

Mile High Mania
09-21-2009, 06:20 AM
They guys over at MileHighReport put up a thread like this one... Check out that site, www.meetup.com. http://kansas-city-chiefs.meetup.com/cities/us/tx/plano/

This is what the group I found in Dallas uses to set up meeting locations... I would figure other fans are doing the same thing.

Dallas Chief
09-21-2009, 08:22 AM
I saw the game today (in Dallas) at a bar called 'Wizards Sports Cafe'. Its basically like 35 -45 Chiefs fans from the Dallas area who have the biggest section in the bar reserved for all Chiefs games. It was my first time-does anyone from here go there to see the games?

Ok. I have to admit that I did a double take on the OP. I was trying to remember yesterday and why I would have left the house to watch the game (using Slingbox). Then I tried to remember why I would post this as I have never been to nor heard of Wizards. Then I realized that it was not me after all. What can I say? It's freaking Monday!

BTW I think one of us needs a new name. I nominate you...:D

loochy
09-21-2009, 08:29 AM

What neighborhood/area is it in? I live all the way over in Fort Worth, but it might be worth the drive over.

Dallas Chief
09-21-2009, 08:34 AM
What neighborhood/area is it in? I live all the way over in Fort Worth, but it might be worth the drive over.

http://www.wizardssportscafe.com/index-6.html

Richardson

RJ
09-21-2009, 09:03 AM
Are you Dallas Chief or DallasChief?

Dallas Chief
09-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Are you Dallas Chief or DallasChief?

Who? Me? I am Dallas Chief. Note the space between. Makes me wayyyy cooler! :D

Hydrae
09-21-2009, 09:59 AM
Ok. I have to admit that I did a double take on the OP. I was trying to remember yesterday and why I would have left the house to watch the game (using Slingbox). Then I tried to remember why I would post this as I have never been to nor heard of Wizards. Then I realized that it was not me after all. What can I say? It's freaking Monday!

BTW I think one of us needs a new name. I nominate you...:D

Dopplegangers! :LOL:

Monty
09-21-2009, 10:03 AM
I've heard about Wizards and it sounds like a pretty good group of Chiefs fans. If you don't have NFL Ticket or just want to watch the game with other Chiefs fans, I'd suggest checking it out. :thumb:

I'll probably go to a game or two there this year.

AndChiefs
09-21-2009, 10:20 AM
If only I lived closer to Dallas.

Mile High Mania
09-21-2009, 10:56 AM
I've heard about Wizards and it sounds like a pretty good group of Chiefs fans. If you don't have NFL Ticket or just want to watch the game with other Chiefs fans, I'd suggest checking it out. :thumb:

I'll probably go to a game or two there this year.

Wizards is a good place to watch all the games and yeah, while I haven't been there this season... last year, there was always a good group of 20 or so KC fans.

DallasChief
09-21-2009, 01:53 PM
haha yea if you are in the Dallas Area-its exit Spring Valley off of 75. Check it out-last Sunday was a pretty big crowd-the whole place yells 'a Kansas City Chiefs-FIRST DOWN! after each one and they have tailgate in the parking lot pregame. Its pretty cool being in a Dallas Bar being surrounding by 50+ people wearing Chiefs jerseys and seeing our team on the biggest screen in the place. They have pictures up on http://www.chiefsfansofdallas.com/ Hope to see some of you there this Sunday.

PunkinDrublic
09-21-2009, 03:28 PM
I've been quite partial to Austin Avenue over the years, however they do have quite a huge contingent of douchey Eagle fans so this may be the week to go to Wizards.