PDA

View Full Version : Football 49ers file charges against Jets

Bane
09-21-2009, 08:43 AM
Here we go!!!!:deevee::deevee::deevee:
I'l be glad when all this bullshit is over.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4491142

Bwana
09-21-2009, 08:50 AM
Crabtree and his agent are wacked. Both stand to lose millions by holding out.

As far as the 9ers, they would be smart to try to trade him to the jets if the price is right. As it stands right now, no one wins.

Molitoth
09-21-2009, 08:51 AM
If I were the 49er's I'd be trying to trade him to anyone that wants him....

Al Bundy
09-21-2009, 08:52 AM
You could only do a sign and trade at this point.

LaChapelle
09-21-2009, 08:54 AM
The Broncos start a trend. Maybe that's the Jets trend.

Bane
09-21-2009, 08:57 AM
Crabtree and his agent are wacked. Both stand to lose millions by holding out.

As far as the 9ers, they would be smart to try to trade him to the jets if the price is right. As it stands right now, no one wins.

Im not really a 9ers fan so to speak but I still hate it for them.Young team trying to rebuild like us and they have to deal with this :deevee: BS.

Bwana
09-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Im not really a 9ers fan so to speak but I still hate it for them.Young team trying to rebuild like us and they have to deal with this :deevee: BS.

Without a doubt.

It is becoming clear why Crabtree dropped as far as he did in the draft.

wild1
09-21-2009, 09:02 AM

according to ESPN they could trade his rights to another team until November 19th.

wild1
09-21-2009, 09:02 AM
Without a doubt.

It is becoming clear why Crabtree dropped as far as he did in the draft.

He had many other questions, a foot injury, speed issues, etc.

Bane
09-21-2009, 09:06 AM
according to ESPN they could trade his rights to another team until November 19th.

In that case theres really no reason that this will be over till then.Im sure neither side will give till the last second.

Bane
09-21-2009, 09:10 AM
On a side not did anyone hear Collinsworth-less say that Witten was the best tight end in the league last night? He said the same thing last week about Todd Heap when they were showing the highlights of KC vs Baltimore game.....Priceless.

Garcia Bronco
09-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Crabtree is a wide out. He's not missed at all. He doesn't matter.

The Bad Guy
09-21-2009, 09:16 AM
Crabtree is a complete moron. The 49ers are a team on the rise. They will likely win that division next year.

He is butthurt because Al Davis liked Heyward-Bey more. Too fucking bad.

Bane
09-21-2009, 09:18 AM
Crabtree is a wide out. He's not missed at all. He doesn't matter.

Im just curious to hear how they tampered with him.I mean they would have to contact him,or his agent directly to be in violation right?Well I guess if they came out and said we'd pay you top 5 money,maybe that would be tampering?

wild1
09-21-2009, 09:21 AM
Im just curious to hear how they tampered with him.I mean they would have to contact him,or his agent directly to be in violation right?Well I guess if they came out and said we'd pay you top 5 money,maybe that would be tampering?

Story I heard said that they were communicating with Crabtree through a proxy, that they would pick him next season and pay him what he wants, he should continue to hold out, etc.

KCtotheSB
09-21-2009, 09:23 AM
The Jets tried this same shit with Brandon Marshall. Wow, they're an arrogant bunch of assholes, aren't they?

Hydrae
09-21-2009, 09:23 AM

Sounds like they can trade his rights which says nothing about a sign and trade scenario.

From the article itself:

The 49ers have until Nov. 17 to sign Crabtree -- the 10th overall pick -- or surrender his rights, which would force him back into the pool for 2010's draft. Or they could trade his rights to another team by Oct. 20, the NFL's trade deadline.

Bane
09-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Story I heard said that they were communicating with Crabtree through a proxy, that they would pick him next season and pay him what he wants, he should continue to hold out, etc.

Damn thats kinda dirty,but I guess you do what you gotta do..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vaq3G4utKWE&feature=related

C-Mac
09-21-2009, 09:34 AM

Since when can the Jets control who picks who ahead of them?

Bane
09-21-2009, 09:38 AM
Sounds like they can trade his rights which says nothing about a sign and trade scenario.

From the article itself:

The 49ers have until Nov. 17 to sign Crabtree -- the 10th overall pick -- or surrender his rights, which would force him back into the pool for 2010's draft. Or they could trade his rights to another team by Oct. 20, the NFL's trade deadline.

I thought I had read before that even under that scenario,the 9ers would still own his rights till the day of the draft even if they couldn't sign him.Confirm or deny?

Hydrae
09-21-2009, 09:45 AM
I thought I had read before that even under that scenario,the 9ers would still own his rights till the day of the draft even if they couldn't sign him.Confirm or deny?

From the article I would assume not but we all know the dangers of assuming. :shrug:

Brock
09-21-2009, 09:51 AM
Since when can the Jets control who picks who ahead of them?

Why would they need to?

RippedmyFlesh
09-21-2009, 09:59 AM
Why would they need to?
If the jets pick in to 20's which is where I would guess they pick anybody in front of them can take him and go 49 on him again.

Brock
09-21-2009, 10:01 AM
If the jets pick in to 20's which is where I would guess they pick anybody in front of them can take him and go 49 on him again.

The Jets are guaranteeing him that he would fall no lower than them. That's all, if this report is true.

RippedmyFlesh
09-21-2009, 10:03 AM
The Jets are guaranteeing him that he would fall no lower than them. That's all, if this report is true.
I can see that. If you are there we take you. But alot of teams will pick before the jets. I think it's a bad choice of agents more so than he's a bad seed. He's young and prob a bit immature but I think his agent has made him look worse through all of this.

Brock
09-21-2009, 10:05 AM
If this report is true, the Jets should lose their first rounder.

LTL
09-21-2009, 10:05 AM

I have no idea if this accurate or not, but I have seen other articles saying pretty much the same thing.

The 49ers hold his rights until the day of the 2010 draft. That means if he intends to re-enter the draft, he cannot work out for individual teams beforehand, participate in the scouting combine or even talk to teams interested in his services

Since I am a noob it wouldn't let me post the link where the article came from. It came from the SF chronicle though.

RippedmyFlesh
09-21-2009, 10:07 AM
If this report is true, the Jets should lose their first rounder.
Absolutely to me this is worse than NE video tactics. Can you imagine if it were the chiefs instead of sf and the jets did that? I would be going ballistic.

C-Mac
09-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Why would they need to?

If the jets pick in to 20's, which is where I would guess they pick, anybody in front of them can take him and go 49 on him again.

This.

I'm sure that's real comforting to him and his agent. It makes no sense.

Molitoth
09-21-2009, 10:35 AM
Whatever happens, I hope Crabtree doesn't play a down in the NFL.

Bane
09-21-2009, 10:46 AM
I have no idea if this accurate or not, but I have seen other articles saying pretty much the same thing.

The 49ers hold his rights until the day of the 2010 draft. That means if he intends to re-enter the draft, he cannot work out for individual teams beforehand, participate in the scouting combine or even talk to teams interested in his services

Since I am a noob it wouldn't let me post the link where the article came from. It came from the SF chronicle though.

Yeah thats the one or like the one I saw.Damn that means he wouldn't be able to do any individual workout or anything till he was picked.Maybe Im silly but to me,it looks like he's making a huge mistake.

Chiefnj2
09-21-2009, 10:49 AM
I can see that. If you are there we take you. But alot of teams will pick before the jets. I think it's a bad choice of agents more so than he's a bad seed. He's young and prob a bit immature but I think his agent has made him look worse through all of this.

He controls the agent. At the end of the day he can sign whatever he wants.

thebrad84
09-21-2009, 11:17 AM

This.

It is a privilege to play in the nfl, not a right. I hope his arrogance keeps him from making a single dollar. This crap where rookie's demand certain money before ever stepping on a nfl field is getting ridiculous.

Jewish Rabbi
09-21-2009, 11:18 AM

They lost the ability to trade his rights. The article stated the 49ers have until November 19th to sign him for him to play this year.

Duck Dog
09-21-2009, 11:28 AM

As a punishment for surrounding himself by greedy management and family members. I wish worse things for those assholes.

Kyle DeLexus
09-21-2009, 11:30 AM
There have been multiple reports in the past month, including from his cousin, that Crabtree would re-enter the draft in 2010 and wait for the money he thinks he deserves.

:shake:

vailpass
09-21-2009, 11:31 AM

Hate to say it but I'm with you on this one, even if it took collusion among the owners. Really bad for the game.

Bob Dole
09-21-2009, 12:20 PM
The Jets tried this same shit with Brandon Marshall. Wow, they're an arrogant bunch of assholes, aren't they?

Which differs from 99.8% of the rest of New York state how?

Der Flöprer
09-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Michael Crabtree deserves everything he gets.

Bane
09-21-2009, 01:00 PM
Michael Crabtree deserves everything he gets.

Nah if he gets $10,thats too much for me.ROFL

Der Flöprer
09-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Nah if he gets $10,thats too much for me.ROFL

Oh, I don't think he's going to be getting any money outside of the endorsement deals he's already signed anytime soon.

Bane
09-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Oh, I don't think he's going to be getting any money outside of the endorsement deals he's already signed anytime soon.
:LOL:
Oh I'm sure he'll sign some fat ass deal for milion upon millions of dollars in the end.If he wasn't being such a lil prick I'd be happy for him,but I can't root for a guy when he pulls this kinda shit.

:PPL:

Dicky McElephant
09-21-2009, 01:09 PM
If I'm the 49ers.....I trade him to the Jets for a 1st and a 3rd. Let them have him. The Jets can pay him what he wants and the 49ers can draft a better WR next year.

Over-Head
09-21-2009, 08:36 PM
I hope the lil ****er ends up playing for league min with the Lions! 4321
**** YOU CRYBABYTREE

Over-Head
09-21-2009, 08:39 PM
This.

It is a privilege to play in the nfl, not a right. I hope his arrogance keeps him from making a single dollar. This crap where rookie's demand certain money before ever stepping on a nfl field is getting ridiculous.
Only as rediculous as teh team owner willing to cough it up.
Hell I bleed Silver and Black, but JR AIN"T worth no 60 fuggen Mill :shake:

RINGLEADER
09-21-2009, 08:53 PM

Not shooting the messenger but that sounds like complete BS.

That said, I'll probably read the rest of this thread and find out that the Jets have admitted to it. :rolleyes: