PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues Official Israel vs Iran upcoming conflict

Chief Henry
09-21-2009, 12:18 PM
Your thoughts about this war/conflict. It looks very unavoidable right now.

Whats at stake for us here in the USA ?

Taco John
09-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Meh. Useless sabre rattling.

Is Isreal really going to attack Iran without full faith and support of the United States?

Seems like much ado about nothing to me.

Chief Henry
09-21-2009, 12:23 PM
Irans Akmodineedajob is on record many times that he would wipe Israel off the map :shrug:

BucEyedPea
09-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Irans Akmodineedajob is on record many times that he would wipe Israel off the map :shrug:

Not true. That was a farsi mistranslation and was carried through the newswirs as such and taken up by those who wanted to create a casus belli for war with Iran.

orange
09-21-2009, 12:30 PM

... and he's done exactly what about it?

Hydrae
09-21-2009, 12:31 PM
Armageddon gets closer every day.

2012 anyone? :hmmm:

Donger
09-21-2009, 12:34 PM

Continued to enrich uranium, of course.

BucEyedPea
09-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Continued to enrich uranium, of course.

Which is their right under the treaty they signed.

Donger
09-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Which is their right under the treaty they signed.

You are aware that Iran has been in non-compliance of NPT guidelines before, yes?

tooge
09-21-2009, 12:50 PM
what would be so bad about the two of them wiping each other off the map? Seems like that would take care of about 90% of the trouble over there. It's like letting the two class loudmouths fight it out and get kicked out of school. The classroom is much more pleasant the next day.

Chief Henry
09-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Not true. That was a farsi mistranslation and was carried through the newswirs as such and taken up by those who wanted to create a casus belli for war with Iran.

Say what ?

Donger
09-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Say what ?

She's right. What he's really said many times is: "We really like those Jews. So much so that we want to give them a big hug."

BucEyedPea
09-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Say what ?

Yep! It's what I said. And it was parsed in a debate here a few years ago with links and translations. It was just one of those unintentional things but it is what it is. What he said was along the lines of: the Zionist state would eventually wither away in the sands of time. It was not anything like an intentional aggressive act like a nuke to wipe it off the face of the map.

Don't forget the War Party, in both parties, are using the same type of rhetoric to justify wiping Iran off the map.

HonestChieffan
09-21-2009, 12:59 PM
what would be so bad about the two of them wiping each other off the map? Seems like that would take care of about 90% of the trouble over there. It's like letting the two class loudmouths fight it out and get kicked out of school. The classroom is much more pleasant the next day.

Read it twice. Still cannot believe this sort of mentality.

Chief Henry
09-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Yep! It's what I said. And it was parsed in a debate here a few years ago with links and translations. It was just one of those unintentional things but it is what it is. What he said was along the lines of: the Zionist state would eventually wither away in the sands of time. It was not anything like an intentional aggressive act like a nuke to wipe it off the face of the map.

Don't forget the War Party, in both parties, are using the same type of rhetoric to justify wiping Iran off the map.

Is he still repeating that Holocaust never happened thing ?

BucEyedPea
09-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Is he still repeating that Holocaust never happened thing ?

That has no bearing on whether Iran is developing a nuclear weapon. Sorry but it's added and inapplicable data.

BigRedChief
09-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Is he still repeating that Holocaust never happened thing ?yep, just last week

Israel will take out the neuclear facilites the mintue the USA takes off the leash. Expect it to be after the first of the year and Obamas deadline for the talking part of the negoiations to fail.

BucEyedPea
09-21-2009, 01:05 PM
yep, just last week

Israel will take out the neuclear facilites the mintue the USA takes off the leash. Expect it to be after the first of the year and Obamas deadline for the talking part of the negoiations to fail.

Yup! Obama is a NeoCon as is BRC. Iran had nothing to do with flying airplanes into the WTC. Yet, you guys criticized Bush. Classic projection.

HonestChieffan
09-21-2009, 01:08 PM
Your thoughts about this war/conflict. It looks very unavoidable right now.

Whats at stake for us here in the USA ?

This will be huge if it happens. Obama has as much as given the Jews away and shows no respect for the relationships we have. He has no respect for any freedom loving people. Look who he is cozy with.

If it happens it will be the end of Obama for sure, this administration will be powerless if he doesnt get in front of this thing.

Chief Henry
09-21-2009, 01:10 PM
yep, just last week

If Israel takes out Iran Nuke facilites. What does that mean to us and to the rest of the world.

BucEyedPea
09-21-2009, 01:11 PM
If Israel takes out Iran Nuke facilites. What does that mean to us and to the rest of the world.

No one else can have a nuke? Just try, double dare ya'!

Actually, it's the Bush Doctrine that is leading more to want a nuke out of fear of being invaded. MADD at work here.

BigRedChief
09-21-2009, 01:25 PM
If Israel takes out Iran Nuke facilites. What does that mean to us and to the rest of the world.Bunch of bluster. The rest of the Arab world doesn't want Iran to have nukes either.

RINGLEADER
09-21-2009, 01:28 PM
I don't think most people put any of this into its proper context.

Both countries suffered great losses in recent history (and no, I'm not comparing the two, just saying that when you're attacked and hundreds of thousands and millions of your people die it changes your perspective on things).

That said, if you run a 7-11 and someone enters with an unloaded gun and points it at you are you supposed to treat them like everyone else? Or wait until they load it?

vailpass
09-21-2009, 01:38 PM
I feel bad for the people of Iran who suffer under their 12th century-mentality leadership.

BucEyedPea
09-21-2009, 01:38 PM
That's an argument for pre-emptive war, ringleader.

ROYC75
09-21-2009, 01:47 PM
This day is vastly approaching.

Brock
09-21-2009, 01:48 PM
This day is vastly approaching.

Rest assure.

Direckshun
09-21-2009, 02:02 PM

Is Isreal really going to attack Iran without full faith and support of the United States?

That's about where I am.

tooge
09-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Read it twice. Still cannot believe this sort of mentality.

whats wrong with this sort of mentality? Is it any worse that the mentality that thinks that two of the countries that have been causing trouble on earth for 50 freakin years need to be interfered with for 50 freakin years. Nobody tried to prevent any of the wars we had regarding OUR OWN country and region. I'm tired of the "supporting free people" argument. Are you kidding me. Israel is practically run by the US, or it was anyway. It is about time to take care of our own country.

Bill Parcells
09-21-2009, 02:06 PM

Israel has consistently done what it's had to do to survive during it's entire history of 61 years. I'm going with history here. I think they attack Iran with or without King Obama's approval. I think not only do our enemys think Obama is weak..but so do our friends. that of course is my uneducated opinion.

Donger
09-21-2009, 02:13 PM

Yes.

Chief Henry
09-21-2009, 02:28 PM
No one else can have a nuke? Just try, double dare ya'!

Are you saying its ok for Iran to have Nukes because Israel and the USA has them ?

Chief Henry
09-21-2009, 02:30 PM
So if Israel attacks Iran, what happens to the price of gas ? Does that help Obama
politically or does it hurt the President ? What does it do to our economy ?

Donger
09-21-2009, 02:35 PM
So if Israel attacks Iran, what happens to the price of gas ? Does that help Obama
politically or does it hurt the President ? What does it do to our economy ?

Yes, the price of crude would spike.

BigRedChief
09-21-2009, 02:42 PM
Israel has consistently done what it's had to do to survive during it's entire history of 61 years. I'm going with history here. I think they attack Iran with or without King Obama's approval. I think not only do our enemys think Obama is weak..but so do our friends. that of course is my uneducated opinion.
Yes, that would happen. If the state of Israel feels its vital to its survival it will do something, even if it costs them the friendship of the USA.

And we would do the same.

trndobrd
09-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Israel can't attack Iran without US approval. Israeli attack aircraft might be able to get past Jordanian or Syrian air defenses, but it seems unlikely that they would get clear across Iraqi airspace without anyone noticing.

Donger
09-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Israel can't attack Iran without US approval. Israeli attack aircraft might be able to get past Jordanian or Syrian air defenses, but it seems unlikely that they would get clear across Iraqi airspace without anyone noticing.

Saudi Arabia.

trndobrd
09-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Saudi Arabia.

Unlikely. SA has decent air defense capability and a southern route would still take Israeli aircraft over the persian gulf, one of the US carrier groups might notice a bunch of unidentified attack aircraft heading their direction.

Most of the Iranian nuclear facilities are in norther Iran, so I don't even know if the Israeli aircraft would have the range to go through SA.

http://www.lastingnews.com/maps/iran_nuclear_facilities.html

Donger
09-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Unlikely. SA has decent air defense capability and a southern route would still take Israeli aircraft over the persian gulf, one of the US carrier groups might notice a bunch of unidentified attack aircraft heading their direction.

Most of the Iranian nuclear facilities are in norther Iran, so I don't even know if the Israeli aircraft would have the range to go through SA.

http://www.lastingnews.com/maps/iran_nuclear_facilities.html

The Israelis flew over SA airspace in 1981, IIRC.

BigRedChief
09-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Israel can't attack Iran without US approval. Israeli attack aircraft might be able to get past Jordanian or Syrian air defenses, but it seems unlikely that they would get clear across Iraqi airspace without anyone noticing.uhhh go look at a map. They don't have to go in a straight line. They just go the long way around. You really think thats an issue? You think they asked permission to bomb the Iraq neuclear facilites?

trndobrd
09-21-2009, 03:16 PM
The Israelis flew over SA airspace in 1981, IIRC.

Yes, they skirted the outside of the Saudi/Jordanian border then up into Iraq. The route you suggest would take them along a much more southerly route, between the Iraqi/Saudi border and Riyadh. The state of the Saudi Arabian airforce and air defenses is vastly improved post 1991. Still leaves the problem of flying over the persian gulf.

trndobrd
09-21-2009, 03:18 PM
uhhh go look at a map. They don't have to go in a straight line. They just go the long way around. You really think thats an issue? You think they asked permission to bomb the Iraq neuclear facilites?

I added a link to a map which you are free to review. The 'long way around' would take them through Turkey (not going to work) or Saudi Arabia, which I discussed in my reply to Donger.

The attack on Iraq was in 1981. At that time the US did not have several hundred thousand Soldiers on the ground, or control of the airspace.

Otter
09-21-2009, 03:28 PM
I think Israel attacking Iran is highly unlikely without be attacked first and far from 'imminent'. Iran has backing of Mother Russia and nobody wants to give Mother Russia and Putin a reason to come knocking, included the US.

BigRedChief
09-21-2009, 03:31 PM
I added a link to a map which you are free to review. The 'long way around' would take them through Turkey (not going to work) or Saudi Arabia, which I discussed in my reply to Donger.

The attack on Iraq was in 1981. At that time the US did not have several hundred thousand Soldiers on the ground, or control of the airspace.
sorry, other way. Out the red sea into international waters up into the Gulf.

Brock
09-21-2009, 03:31 PM
I think Israel attacking Iran is highly unlikely without be attacked first and far from 'imminent'. Iran has backing of Mother Russia and nobody wants to give Mother Russia and Putin a reason to come knocking, included the US.

did you see the condition of Russia's military the last time they made the news?

trndobrd
09-21-2009, 03:37 PM
sorry, other way. Out the red sea into international waters up into the Gulf.

Unless the Israelis have tanker planes or an aircraft carrier, that is well beyond the range of any fighter bomber.

Brock
09-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Washington has refused to sell Israel any tankers. It would be tough for Israel to get over to Iran without something happening.

Otter
09-21-2009, 03:39 PM
did you see the condition of Russia's military the last time they made the news?

Yes, it didn't look very good but if Israel were to unload every conventional weapon they owned they would be lucky to hit 1/3 of Russia. While I don't know the raw numbers Russia has close to probably 100x the amount of nukes.

It's about the equivalent of Hawaii invading Russia.

Donger
09-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Unless the Israelis have tanker planes or an aircraft carrier, that is well beyond the range of any fighter bomber.

They do have tankers.

Brock
09-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Yes, it didn't look very good but if Israel were to unload every conventional weapon they owned they would be lucky to hit 1/3 of Russia. While I don't know the raw numbers Russia has close to probably 100x the amount of nukes.

Pretty unlikely that anyone is talking about using nukes. Let's say Israel somehow does knock over Iran's reactor. What's anybody really going to do about it?

KILLER_CLOWN
09-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Pretty unlikely that anyone is talking about using nukes. Let's say Israel somehow does knock over Iran's reactor. What's anybody really going to do about it?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=214661

Brock
09-21-2009, 03:46 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=214661

And?

KILLER_CLOWN
09-21-2009, 03:47 PM
And?

Just pointing that out for you.

Brock
09-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Just pointing that out for you.

Why? It's meaningless with respect to the question I asked.

petegz28
09-21-2009, 03:50 PM

started building nukes? :shrug:

Otter
09-21-2009, 03:51 PM

Anything from a slap on the wrist to Israel being annihilated to WWIII.

What if after the attack Russia demands the Israel be disarmed because their a threat to the region and puts the disarmament on a deadline?

Kinda like US did with Iraq.

Your guess is as good as mine but I'm pretty sure Israel isn't going to win a showdown with Russia and the USA sure as shit isn't going to war for them.

I'm pretty sure that's in the back of their head. But what the hell do I know?

Brock
09-21-2009, 03:52 PM
Your guess is as good as mine but I'm pretty sure Israel isn't going to win a showdown with Russia and the USA sure as shit isn't going to war for them.

I'm pretty sure that's in the back of their head. But what the hell do I know?

In the insanely unlikely event that Russia were to attack Israel, then yes, the US will enter into that conflict. Guaranteed.

orange
09-21-2009, 05:34 PM
started building nukes? :shrug:

At least eight countries have nuclear weapons.

Only one has ever used them.