PDA

View Full Version : Football Roscoe Parrish on the trading block

Sure-Oz
09-21-2009, 12:53 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/21/roscoe-parrish-is-on-the-trade-block-again/

Roscoe Parrish is on the trade block again
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 21, 2009 2:40 PM ET
Drafted by the Mike Mularkey Bills in 2005, wide receiver Roscoe Parrish has had four different offensive coordinators during his tenure in Buffalo.

And none of them have known exactly what to do with him.

So with Parrish mostly riding the pine these days, the Bills have decided to see what they can get for him.

A league source tells PFT's Mike Florio that Parrish is on the trade block and he could be dealt as soon as the week.

Possible destinations include the Chiefs, Jaguars, and Redskins.

The Bills are rather short on the offensive line, but it seems more likely that Buffalo would be able to get a late-round draft pick in exchange for Parrish, who is under contract through 2011.

Parrish has no catches on the season as a wide receiver. He has one punt return for five yards.

Pestilence
09-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Ehhh.....I don't care either way if we get him or if we don't.

OnTheWarpath58
09-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Ehhh.....I don't care either way if we get him or if we don't.

This.

Especially if we're giving up yet another draft pick to do so.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-21-2009, 12:59 PM
This.

Especially if we're giving up yet another draft pick to do so.

I'd love to have him, as long as it didn't involve more than about a 5th round pick to do it. I don't think the guy is going to light the world on fire any more than the guys we already have.

Molitoth
09-21-2009, 01:00 PM
I think we are fine at WR atm... our O-line and QB play needs to get a bit better and then we can utilize them more.

KCDC
09-21-2009, 01:01 PM
His stats are here. Nothing impressive. He seems to fumble alot.

http://www.nfl.com/players/roscoeparrish/profile?id=PAR686635

OnTheWarpath58
09-21-2009, 01:02 PM
I don't think the guy is going to light the world on fire any more than the guys we already have.

Agreed, and I'm not a fan of giving up a draft pick for a guy that will be riding the pine the first time he pisses off Haley.

shitgoose
09-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Would seem like a lateral move here. Is he any better than Bradley? I think Wade will be our #2 since it seems he can actually catch the ball.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Agreed, and I'm not a fan of giving up a draft pick for a guy that will be riding the pine the first time he pisses off Haley.

I actually don't even think I'd want to give up a 5th for him. Seriously, who do we have that he could push out of the rotation?

Pestilence
09-21-2009, 01:04 PM
I actually don't even think I'd want to give up a 5th for him. Seriously, who do we have that he could push out of the rotation?

Copper.

Thig Lyfe
I drafted him in Madden 2006ish and he was awesome, so I say go for it.

dirk digler
No thanks. I would just hold onto our draft picks because we are going to need as many as possible to fill all the holes on this team.

OnTheWarpath58
09-21-2009, 01:05 PM

Depends, who's Haley pissed at this week?

Joking aside, no one.

He's a better returner than Wade, IMO, but Wade is a better WR.

Wait, he COULD take Copper's spot. That dude is completely worthless.

But still, not worth a pick to bring him in, IMO.

Sure-Oz
09-21-2009, 01:36 PM
Roscoe Parrish-WR-Bills Sep. 21 - 2:54 pm et

Profootballtalk.com reports that the Bills have put PR Roscoe Parrish on the trade block again and could move him shortly.

According to Mike Florio, Jacksonville, Kansas City, and Washington are possible landing spots. The Jags are the best fit. They need help in the return game and at wide receiver after giving up on Nate Hughes and losing Troy Williamson. Bobby Wade's arrival in K.C. may reduce the Chiefs' interest.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports
Related: Jaguars, Chiefs, Redskins

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Depends, who's Haley pissed at this week?

Joking aside, no one.

He's a better returner than Wade, IMO, but Wade is a better WR.

Wait, he COULD take Copper's spot. That dude is completely worthless.

But still, not worth a pick to bring him in, IMO.

This.

The Chiefs just signed Wade. I can't see them giving up a draft choice for Parrish.

Buffalo will soon find out, just as Minnesota and Philly did, that teams aren't willing to give up draft choices for guys they're about to cut.

Wait and claim him on waivers.

Mr. Laz
09-21-2009, 01:57 PM
meh, our receivers are set for the year

we need a young, hungry KR/PR now

Short Leash Hootie
09-21-2009, 02:17 PM
Parrish is a badass PR...

nickman
09-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Led the league last year I believe.

Mr. Laz
09-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Parrish is a badass PR...
So if we trade for him it should be as a returner not really a WR

6th??
7th??

nickman
09-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Wade has been more productive as a wr, but seems pretty limited as a returner based on the first game.

KCChiefsFan88
09-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Of course I'am biased on getting Roscoe because he's a Miami Hurricane... however he would address an immediate the Chiefs have a return man and speed at WR.

CupidStunt
09-21-2009, 02:44 PM
$4M per = zero chance anyone in the league trades for him.

Mr. Laz
09-21-2009, 02:49 PM
$4M per = zero chance anyone in the league trades for him.
We are still under the bottom allowed cap number.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2009, 03:01 PM
We are still under the bottom allowed cap number.

That doesn't mean that the Chiefs should spend $4 million per year on a kick returner.

Mr. Laz
09-21-2009, 03:09 PM
That doesn't mean that the Chiefs should spend $4 million per year on a kick returner.
True, but one year wouldn't hurt.

The contracts aren't guaranteed and we can just cut him next year. Once again, at least this gives us SOMEBODY and we can start drafting to replace somebody instead of the pile of shit we currently have.

BigVE
09-21-2009, 03:12 PM
Unless he can rush the passer or play O-line I dont care.

LaChapelle
09-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Savage Parrish back to receive.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2009, 03:20 PM
True, but one year wouldn't hurt.

The contracts aren't guaranteed and we can just cut him next year. Once again, at least this gives us SOMEBODY and we can start drafting to replace somebody instead of the pile of shit we currently have.

If the Chiefs didn't claim Hank Baskett and his $1.5 million dollar contract for this year, I highly doubt they'd claim Parrish at $4.5 million for this year.

I bet he'll go through waivers then at that point, it would be wise for the Chiefs to try to sign him.

Sure-Oz
09-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Wait for him to become a FA, i assume he is dante hall part 2 except he isn't a good wr?