PDA

View Full Version : Obama EXPLOSIVE NEW AUDIO Reveals White House Using NEA to Push Partisan Agenda

petegz28
09-21-2009, 02:19 PM
EXPLOSIVE NEW AUDIO Reveals White House Using NEA to Push Partisan Agenda
by Patrick Courrielche
**NEA conference call full audio and transcript here**

Should the National Endowment for the Arts encourage artists to create art on issues being vehemently debated nationally?

That is the question that I set out to discuss a little over three weeks ago when I wrote an article on Big Hollywood entitled The National Endowment for the Art of Persuasion?”

The question still requires debate but the facts do not.

The NEA and the White House did encourage a handpicked, pro-Obama arts group to address politically controversial issues under contentious national debate. That fact is irrefutable.

But some have claimed that the invite and passages, pulled from the conference call that inspired the article, were taken out of context. Context is what I intend to establish here.

On August 10th, the National Endowment for the Arts, the White House Office of Public Engagement, and the Corporation for National and Community Service hosted a conference call with a handpicked arts group. This arts group played a key role in Obama’s arts effort during his election campaign, as declared by the organizers of the call, and many on the call played a role in the now famous Obama Hope poster.

Much of the talk on the conference call was a build up to what the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) was specifically asking of this group. In the following segment, Buffy Wicks, Deputy Director of the White House Office of Public Engagement, clearly identifies this arts group as a pro-Obama collective and warns them of some “specific asks” that will be delivered later in the meeting.

“I just first of all want to thank everyone for being on the call and just a deep deep appreciation for all the work you all put into the campaign for the 2+ years we all worked together.”
“We won.”
“I’m actually in the White House and working towards furthering this agenda, this very aggressive agenda.”
“We’re going to come at you with some specific asks here.”
“I hope you guys are ready.”
Later in the call, “specific asks” were delivered by Yosi Sergant, then Communications Director of the National Endowment for the Arts. What were the “asks”? They were for this pro-Obama arts group to create art on several hotly debated political issues, including health care:

“I would encourage you to pick something, whether it’s health care, education, the environment, you know, there’s four key areas that the corporation has identified as the areas of service.”
“And then my ask would be to apply artistic, you know, your artistic creative communities utilities and bring them to the table.”
“Again, I’m really, really honored to be working with you; the National Endowment for the Arts is really honored.”
“You’re going to see a lot more of us in the next four and hopefully eight years.”
As someone that has been creating arts initiatives and marketing campaigns for over 14 years, I feel like I have a good sense as to how a pro-Obama arts group, when requested by the NEA to address politically contentious issues, could so easily turn very partisan.

Consider:

Three days after the conference call a coalition of arts groups, led by Americans for the Arts, a participant on the conference call per the meeting contact list and recipient of NEA grants, sent out a press release with the heading “Urgent Call to Congress for Healthcare Reform,” which called for the creation of “a health care reform bill that will create a public health insurance option.” Eleven days after the conference call, Rock the Vote, another participant on the call, announced a health care design contest. “We can’t stand by and listen to lies and deceit coming from those who are against reforming a broken system,” they stated in their announcement. “Enough is Enough. We need designs that tell the country YES WE CARE! Young people demand health care.”

These may both be coincidences and I am not suggesting that the NEA or these groups definitively violated the law in these efforts. That’s for others to discuss and investigate. As I’ve stated in various television interviews, the organizers never discussed any specific policies. However, as can be seen below in the exchange between Nell Abernathy of the Corporation for National and Community Service, a federal agency, and Michael Skolnik, the third party moderator, the meeting seemed designed to deflect any questionable conversations to the “third party”, while keeping the issue of health care top-of-mind with the precision of a well positioned product placement.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/pcourrielche/2009/09/21/explosive-new-audio-reveals-white-house-using-nea-to-push-partisan-agenda/

There is more to the article and links to the audio at the linked site.

HonestChieffan
09-21-2009, 02:48 PM
How much more before Obummer has to start firing people to save his crooked ass?

Taco John
09-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Gee, why would anybody be against the federalization of the education system?

Not like this is the first time this has happened. This sort of thing has been a staple of every administration.

headsnap
09-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Gee, why would anybody be against the federalization of the education system?

methinks you have the wrong NEA...

thecoffeeguy
09-21-2009, 03:14 PM
oops :D

Taco John
09-21-2009, 03:16 PM
methinks you have the wrong NEA...

You're right. I knee-jerked.

Direckshun
09-21-2009, 03:19 PM
Man, I want to hear the audio. When I get a chance, I better done be exploded.

HonestChieffan
09-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Man, I want to hear the audio. When I get a chance, I better done be exploded.

you wont be.

Simplex3
09-21-2009, 05:55 PM
So what, Robert Mapplethorpe is going to take pictures of himself with an Obama poster shoved up his ass instead of a bullwhip?

mikey23545
09-21-2009, 06:00 PM
So what, Robert Mapplethorpe is going to take pictures of himself with an Obama poster shoved up his ass instead of a bullwhip?

It probably won't be Obama's poster shoved up his ass....

ROYC75
09-21-2009, 06:34 PM
National Endowment for the Arts .......Hmmm Is this the same as ACORN and their Performing Acts of Arts and Artist ?

Stinger
09-21-2009, 08:03 PM
National Endowment for the Arts .......Hmmm Is this the same as ACORN and their Performing Acts of Arts and Artist ?

Actually this person
Buffy Wicks, Deputy Director of the White House Office of Public Engagement, has ties to ACORN.

It turns out Buffy Wicks, deputy director of President Obama’s White House Office of Public Engagement, was on the teleconference call.

Wicks is a political operative who was worked with ACORN.

My sources in the progressive movement say Wicks handled the Obama campaign in Missouri last year. Obama lost in Missouri and activists in that state and people within the Obama campaign placed the blame for the defeat squarely on her shoulders.

After failing to win Missouri for Obama, Wicks had a very hard time finding a job but somehow she landed a job in the Obama White House. It’s unclear how she did that.

Wicks used to work for Wake Up Wal-Mart (wakeupwalmart.com), which is not a formal affiliate of ACORN but is an ACORN-sponsored spinoff group. The group works very closely with ACORN and is modeled after ACORN’s own anti-Wal-Mart affiliate W*A*R*N* (Wal-Mart Alliance for Reform Now).

Wake Up Wal-Mart entered into a national partnership with ACORN in 2005. In a Wake Up Wal-Mart press release from 2005, ACORN national president Maude Hurd said: “This is a new day in the fight to change Wal-Mart. We have created an unprecedented, bottom-up force for change which will demonstrate why Wal-Mart needs to change now.”

The group’s legal name is Change Wal-Mart Association. It has a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) of 20-2643179. It is a 501(c)(5) nonprofit, which means it is a labor-oriented organization. The group was formed in 2006 but no tax return (IRS Form 990) is available for the group at guidestar.org. This is unusual.

Donations to the group do not appear in philanthropy databases. Fortune reports that the group is funded entirely by UFCW.

Nexis reports that its office address is 1775 K St. NW, Washington DC 20006. This is the same address as the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW). This is not surprising because Wake Up Wal-Mart is a project of UFCW.

Wicks is identified as a Wake Up Wal-Mart employee in a press release issued by the group.

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/14954

***SPRAYER
09-22-2009, 06:21 AM
Using taxpayer money to finance state sponsored propaganda. B.O. is a criminal and needs to be indicted.

patteeu
09-22-2009, 07:45 AM
jAZ and so many other lefties will be around shortly calling for investigations, I'm sure of it.

petegz28
09-22-2009, 08:20 AM
jAZ and so many other lefties will be around shortly calling for investigations, I'm sure of it.

Their lack of input on this thread really says a lot about them. They cannot bring themselves to criticize Dear Leader or his minions.

***SPRAYER
09-23-2009, 10:19 AM
bump