PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues Zbig Brzezinski: Obama Administration Should Tell Israel U.S. Will Attack Israeli Jet

KILLER_CLOWN
09-21-2009, 02:19 PM
Zbig Brzezinski: Obama Administration Should Tell Israel U.S. Will Attack Israeli Jets if They Try to Attack Iran

ABC News
Monday, Sept 21st, 2009

The national security adviser for former President Jimmy Carter, Zbigniew Brzezinski, gave an interview to The Daily Beast in which he suggested President Obama should make it clear to Israel that if they attempt to attack Iran’s nuclear weapons sites the U.S. Air Force will stop them.

“We are not exactly impotent little babies,” Brzezinski said. “They have to fly over our airspace in Iraq. Are we just going to sit there and watch? … We have to be serious about denying them that right. That means a denial where you aren’t just saying it. If they fly over, you go up and confront them. They have the choice of turning back or not. No one wishes for this but it could be a ‘Liberty’ in reverse.”

The USS Liberty was a U.S. Navy technical research ship that the Israeli Air Force mistakenly attacked during the Six Day War in 1967.

Brzezinski endorsed then-Sen. Obama’s presidential campaign in August 2007, which at the time was portrayed in the media as a boost to Obama’s foreign policy cred. The Washington Post reported: “Barack Obama, combating the perception that he is too young and inexperienced to handle a dangerous world, got a boost yesterday from a paragon of foreign policy eminence, Zbigniew Brzezinski.”

Brzezinski was never an official campaign adviser, but Republicans jumped on the endorsement to push the meme that Obama wouldn't be a friend to Israel, as Brzezinski's views of Israel attracted criticism from some quarters in the American Jewish community.

“Brzezinski is not an adviser to the campaign,” former Ambassador Dennis Ross, then a senior adviser on Middle East affairs to the Obama campaign, said at the time. “There is a lot of disinformation that is being pushed, but he is not an adviser to the campaign. Brzezinski came out and supported Obama early because of the war in Iraq. A year or so ago they talked a couple of times. That’s the extent of it, and Sen. Obama has made it clear that on other Middle Eastern issues, Brzezinski is not who he looks to. They don’t have the same views.”

Brzezinski plays no role in the Obama administration; the White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Brzezinski's comments come within the same week that the White House distanced itself from comments made by former President Carter, who said he thinks "an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man."

-jpt

UPDATE: Russian President Dmitriy Medvedev told CNN that Israeli President Shimon Peres assured him that Israel would not attack Iran.

"This is the worst thing that one can imagine," Medvedev said. "What would happen afterwards? A humanitarian catastrophe, a huge number of refugees. And Iran would want revenge, and not only over Israel, but over other countries as well. The events in the region would become completely unpredictable. I think the scope of such a disaster would not be comparable to anything. Therefore, before taking the decision to launch any attacks, you need to think the situation through. It would be the most irrational way to deal with the situation. But my Israeli colleagues told me they do not plan to do that. And I trust them.`

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-09-18/how-obama-flubbed-his-missile-message/

http://www.nysun.com/national/dershowitz-obama-should-repudiate-brzezinski/62439/

http://njjewishnews.com/njjn.com/100208/njObamaAdvisor.html

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/09/wh-president-obama-disagrees-with-former-president-carter-that-most-animosity-towards-obama-is-raceb.html

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/09/zbig-brzezinski-obama-administration-should-tell-israel-us-will-attack-israeli-jets-if-they-try-to-a.html

Bill Parcells
09-21-2009, 02:24 PM
LOL at a former Carter admin cabinet member giving foreign relation advice to King Obama. I love this shit...hahaha!

KILLER_CLOWN
09-21-2009, 02:26 PM
LOL at a former Carter admin cabinet member giving foreign relation advice to King Obama. I love this shit...hahaha!

Wether anyone admits it or not Brzezinski does advise Obama.

wild1
09-21-2009, 02:27 PM
We're still paying for Carter's foreign policy last time around. Must we rehash it?

KC native
09-21-2009, 02:32 PM
I agree with this. Most of our problems with the Middle East stem from our unquestioning support of Israel. If the US were to allow Israeli jets to pass over and attack Iran with no action by us the world would perceive us as endorsing that attack (whether we did or didn't endorse it).

mikey23545
09-21-2009, 02:33 PM
Him and Carter should both be publicly executed for criminal stupidity...

wild1
09-21-2009, 02:33 PM
I agree with this. Most of our problems with the Middle East stem from our unquestioning support of Israel. If the US were to allow Israeli jets to pass over and attack Iran with no action by us the world would perceive us as endorsing that attack (whether we did or didn't endorse it).

As far as I know, the United States is not between Israel and Iran.

KC native
09-21-2009, 02:34 PM
As far as I know, the United States is not between Israel and Iran.

:spock: So you're going to ignore our military presence in that region of the world?

HonestChieffan
09-21-2009, 02:43 PM
So anyplace we have a presence we should shoot down whomever we want. Im liking this logic.

But dont shoot anyone crossing the border into the US?

wild1
09-21-2009, 02:49 PM
:spock: So you're going to ignore our military presence in that region of the world?

If it comes to permission, that is Iraq's to give and not ours.

As with Osirak, they would fly over anyway without permission if they were determined to strike.

I'm not sure that "Iraq's air force" would be able to do much about it even if they objected. Doesn't seem like much of a risk.

Our best policy would be to let them handle it, publicly deny we participated and condemn the action if necessary, but pass word through back channels that we should be warned if any sightseeing flights might be passing through so we could disregard their presence.

KC native
09-21-2009, 02:57 PM
If it comes to permission, that is Iraq's to give and not ours.

As with Osirak, they would fly over anyway without permission if they were determined to strike.

I'm not sure that "Iraq's air force" would be able to do much about it even if they objected. Doesn't seem like much of a risk.

Our best policy would be to let them handle it, publicly deny we participated and condemn the action if necessary, but pass word through back channels that we should be warned if any sightseeing flights might be passing through so we could disregard their presence.

And what if Iraq asks us to shoot those planes down for violating their airspace?

IMO our best policy is tell Israel they can do what they want but if the attack Iran then they are cut off from our aid.

wild1
09-21-2009, 03:00 PM
And what if Iraq asks us to shoot those planes down for violating their airspace?

What if they do?

IMO our best policy is tell Israel they can do what they want but if the attack Iran then they are cut off from our aid.

We're not aiding them. We're just getting deniable knowledge of an attack window, and they pass through without any aid or impedance of any kind on our part.

KC native
09-21-2009, 03:03 PM
What if they do?

We're not aiding them. We're just getting deniable knowledge of an attack window, and they pass through without any aid or impedance of any kind on our part.

If they do, then we shoot them down.

As far as aid, I was referring to the aid they receive from us every year.

wild1
09-21-2009, 03:07 PM
If they do, then we shoot them down.

As far as aid, I was referring to the aid they receive from us every year.

Yes, I'm certain Iraq would ask us to militarily protect Iran.

And we would immediately comply if they ask us to do something like that. Surely that is what would happen.

Donger
09-21-2009, 03:07 PM
You boys do realize that the Israelis wouldn't have to fly over Iraq to get to Iran, yes?

wild1
09-21-2009, 03:10 PM
You boys do realize that the Israelis wouldn't have to fly over Iraq to get to Iran, yes?

I was dealing with the supposed gotcha that he was bringing up.

What would you think the most likely route would be then?

It seems likely they'd desire to minimize their time in Iranian airspace, but surely the Saudis would not give permission and it would significantly extend the length of the flight to skirt around in either direction.

Donger
09-21-2009, 03:10 PM
I was dealing with the supposed gotcha that he was bringing up.

What would you think the most likely route would be then?

It seems likely they'd desire to minimize their time in Iranian airspace, but surely the Saudis would not give permission and it would significantly extend the length of the flight to skirt around in either direction.

Oh, I think the Saudis might be convinced to turn a blind eye.

BucEyedPea
09-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Wether anyone admits it or not Brzezinski does advise Obama.

That's exactly right. He's actually a hawk too.

BucEyedPea
09-21-2009, 03:15 PM
You guys wanting to bomb Iran, are you gonna complain if it shakes global oil prices upwards? You'd love another energy crisis wouldn't you?

Donger
09-21-2009, 03:16 PM
You guys wanting to bomb Iran, are you gonna complain if it shakes global oil prices upwards? You'd love another energy crisis wouldn't you?

To prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear arms? Sure, I think it's worth that.

wild1
09-21-2009, 03:18 PM

I suppose it would depend on the location of the sites, what would be optimal for them. I can't imagine that the US would say "No, we will not look the other way while you fly through here but receive no other aid from us", but nothing about new foreign policy would surprise me.

Being that they presumably have modern tech now, is there any concern today with regard to range as there was with the previous iteration in Iraq?

wild1
09-21-2009, 03:18 PM

I don't want to do it. I wouldn't object if the party with most at risk wanted to take action, however.

Radar Chief
09-21-2009, 03:20 PM

Probably wouldn’t take much. They don’t want a nuclear-armed Iran anymore than we or the Israelis do.

BucEyedPea
09-21-2009, 03:21 PM
To prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear arms? Sure, I think it's worth that.

You're evil.

BucEyedPea
09-21-2009, 03:22 PM
I don't want to do it. I wouldn't object if the party with most at risk wanted to take action, however.

Yes you do want to do it just by observing your willingness to believe and accept the same lies from the same folks on Iraq.

wild1
09-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Yes you do want to do it just by observing your willingness to believe and accept the same lies from the same folks on Iraq.

No, I don't want us to do it. I would very much like for someone else to do it, however.

BucEyedPea
09-21-2009, 03:25 PM
No, I don't want us to do it. I would very much like for someone else to do it, however.

still evil

Donger
09-21-2009, 03:25 PM
You're evil.

And you live in a fantasy world.

Donger
09-21-2009, 03:26 PM

You keep saying that. Iran admits that it is enriching uranium. Where's the lie?

wild1
09-21-2009, 03:28 PM
still evil

Why is it "evil" for me to wish Iran's nuclear program would suffer a significant setback?

BucEyedPea
09-21-2009, 03:28 PM
And you live in a fantasy world.

If you believe lies then you're the one living in that world. NCs are known to be delusional and saying they create their own reality.

I told you at the end of last week, MEK, a terrorist group is the source of the fake intel on Iran what is being used by Mossad. It's another Chalabi and forged yellowcake from Nigeria debacle.

BucEyedPea
09-21-2009, 03:43 PM
You guys wanting to bomb Iran, are you gonna complain if it shakes global oil prices upwards?

Donger
09-21-2009, 03:46 PM
You guys wanting to bomb Iran, are you gonna complain if it shakes global oil prices upwards?

:spock:

BucEyedPea
09-21-2009, 03:49 PM
:spock:

Yup, that's a head-in-the-sand, I-wanna-believe-what-I-wanna-believe because the our govt is never wrong smiley.

And you guys wonder why you're outta power. Take a look in the mirror as to why. You'll see that smiley.

Donger
09-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Yup, that's a head-in-the-sand, I-wanna-believe-what-I-wanna-believe because the our govt is never wrong smiley.

And you guys wonder why you're outta power. Take a look in the mirror as to why. You'll see that smiley.

I used that smiley because you already asked that question once before in this thread. Why did you ask again?

FishingRod
09-21-2009, 03:58 PM
When the Israelis took out Iraq's nuclear power plant they flew over ???? Oh yeah , Saudi Arabia to get there and Back.

So if a bunch of unmarked F-15 and or F-16 were to Bomb Iran who would they Blame? The US, Israel, Saudi Arabia? Kuwait? Pakistan?

The real problem is "I think" their Nuclear program is spread all over the country the Same way Pakistan's was so while Air strikes would set it back some I don't think it would halt their program. Just too may places to hit.

BucEyedPea
09-21-2009, 06:53 PM
I used that smiley because you already asked that question once before in this thread. Why did you ask again?

Probably because I didn't remember. I go in and out of threads while going on and off this board all day while working so I lose track sometimes.

Sorry, I don't have a more exotic, mysterious answer for you .:D

KILLER_CLOWN
09-21-2009, 08:07 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KKq_rpFPidw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KKq_rpFPidw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

KILLER_CLOWN
09-21-2009, 08:13 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IGQJMtZZkaQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IGQJMtZZkaQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KILLER_CLOWN
09-21-2009, 08:27 PM
FAKE CNN NEWSCAST, FTL!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5z0VxWZszyg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5z0VxWZszyg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bill Parcells
09-21-2009, 08:35 PM

Really? LOL..maybe we should make you national security advisor to Obama

ROFL

Norman Einstein
09-21-2009, 09:00 PM

Zbig said OUR airspace. Iraq airspace is not owned by the U.S.

Why would we want to stop Israel from defending themselves from a country that has threatened to nuke them?

If the nukes start flying our guys that happen to be in the general vicinity are at risk. It would be in our best interest to allow Israel to do what they feel proper to protect their land.

googlegoogle
09-21-2009, 11:04 PM
When israel attacks then think of the uprisings everywhere in Afghanistan and Iraq. Some portion of the public in these countries will turn.

Rausch
09-22-2009, 12:54 AM
still evil

Evil is relative...

***SPRAYER
09-22-2009, 05:53 AM
Go Iran! Boo Israel! /moonbat off:drool:

patteeu
09-22-2009, 07:48 AM
So anyplace we have a presence we should shoot down whomever we want. Im liking this logic.

But dont shoot anyone crossing the border into the US?

And don't shoot anyone safely on the other side of the Iranian border making bombs to use against Americans in Iraq and Afghanistan either.

patteeu
09-22-2009, 07:50 AM

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Saudi Arabia looked the other way as Israel flew through Saudi airspace.

stevieray
09-22-2009, 07:51 AM
feet of a bear.

patteeu
09-22-2009, 07:51 AM

Oops, change my last post to: This.

patteeu
09-22-2009, 07:55 AM
I suppose it would depend on the location of the sites, what would be optimal for them. I can't imagine that the US would say "No, we will not look the other way while you fly through here but receive no other aid from us", but nothing about new foreign policy would surprise me.

Being that they presumably have modern tech now, is there any concern today with regard to range as there was with the previous iteration in Iraq?

We're turning our backs on allies like Israel, Honduras, the Czech Republic, and Poland while kissing up to Iran, Venezuela, Russia and the palestinians so it sure wouldn't surprise me with the FUBAR we have in the White House right now.

patteeu
09-22-2009, 07:57 AM
If you believe lies then you're the one living in that world. NCs are known to be delusional and saying they create their own reality.

I told you at the end of last week, MEK, a terrorist group is the source of the fake intel on Iran what is being used by Mossad. It's another Chalabi and forged yellowcake from Nigeria debacle.

What was Chalabi wrong about?