PDA

View Full Version : Misc The History Channel is fucking retarded.

Raised On Riots
09-22-2009, 02:32 AM
I catch them every now again in little gaffes that make me wonder who signs off the final approval over there.

They've been on a Masonic kick lately, and their latest to-do regards George Washington kissing a Bible in his Inauguration, and then tying that to Blue Lodge ritual.
Bullshit.
There was no Bible-kissing in the three degrees of Blue Lodge initiation/rites that I took part in, and most definitely nothing of the sort in the 4th through 32nd Degrees of the AASR.

I love certain aspects of the History Channel, but this shit cracks me up.

Rausch
09-22-2009, 02:57 AM
I catch them every now again in little gaffes that make me wonder who signs off the final approval over there.

They've been on a Masonic kick lately, and their latest to-do regards George Washington kissing a Bible in his Inauguration, and then tying that to Blue Lodge ritual.
Bullshit.
There was no Bible-kissing in the three degrees of Blue Lodge initiation/rites that I took part in, and most definitely nothing of the sort in the 4th through 32nd Degrees of the AASR.

You alone prove the point there is no conspiracy/new world order/secret society aspect to the lodge...

Raised On Riots
09-22-2009, 03:01 AM
You alone prove the point there is no conspiracy/new world order/secret society aspect to the lodge...

Keep in mind that my personality on this board is exactly that; an internet personality. I continue to please and/or confound members of this board when I let the guard down and present myself and thoughts in a face to face way.

But please, jump to whatever conclusions suit your fancy.

Rausch
09-22-2009, 03:48 AM
Keep in mind that my personality on this board is exactly that; an internet personality. I continue to please and/or confound members of this board when I let the guard down and present myself and thoughts in a face to face way.

But please, jump to whatever conclusions suit your fancy.

Fuck that.

I'd prefer you get your $#it together and I get to tell the wife I know some guy in a cult/secret society/ancient order right before we make the angry sex.

wild1
09-22-2009, 05:51 AM
Well, most idiots walking around the world think it's going to end in 2012 because some people who wore palm leaves as clothes 1000 years ago may have thought it would.

BigRedChief
09-22-2009, 06:38 AM
George Washington could have been, no was begged to be the new King with absolute power and control over the new USA. How many of us could have turned down that power? He was a great man at a time a great man was needed.

Raised On Riots
09-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Fuck that.

I'd prefer you get your $#it together and I get to tell the wife I know some guy in a cult/secret society/ancient order right before we make the angry sex.

LMAO

KCWolfman
09-22-2009, 12:15 PM
**** that.

You have a wife????

Wow, things have changed.

Howya doin, Brad?

Brock
09-22-2009, 12:15 PM

Bullshit.

You're a pretty poor representative of Masonry.

Raised On Riots
09-22-2009, 12:38 PM
You're a pretty poor representative of Masonry.

I'm no longer active. Haven't been for over 5 years. There's nothing there. It's like a VFW Hall with different hats and more pomp and circumstance.

HonestChieffan
09-22-2009, 12:49 PM
I'm no longer active. Haven't been for over 5 years. There's nothing there. It's like a VFW Hall with different hats and more pomp and circumstance.

The door is always open when you decide to come back.

KCWolfman
09-22-2009, 12:50 PM

Only if he remembers the secret handshake.

Raised On Riots
09-22-2009, 12:55 PM

Only if he remembers the secret handshake.

The ironic thing is, those degrees are accessible word for word on the internet. The words, the signs, the whole nine yards.
The only thing I ever saw that wasn't covered thoroughly by outside sources was this...I don't know what to call it other than some kind of "flapping chicken wing chant". Sort of a "Funky Chicken"-meets "pep cheer".

Rain Man
09-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Masons don't kiss the Bible. They make the alien hostages held below Denver International Airport do that.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-22-2009, 02:44 PM
George Washington could have been, no was begged to be the new King with absolute power and control over the new USA. How many of us could have turned down that power? He was a great man at a time a great man was needed.

Absolutely.

I totally agree the history channel is absolute garbage along with Nat Geo.

Donger
09-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Masons don't kiss the Bible. They make the alien hostages held below Denver International Airport do that.

Shhhh! What are you going to spill next? That Squishy the Horse is actually a portal to Hell?

orange
09-22-2009, 03:38 PM
Duncan’s Masonic Ritual and Monitor – M.M.

by Malcolm C. Duncan

FIRST THREE STEPS IN MASONRY.

http://freemasoninformation.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/fig15-300x239.jpg
FIG. 15. CANDIDATE TAKING THE OATH OF A MASTER MASON.
“Kneeling on both my naked knees, both hands resting on the Holy Bible, square, and compasses.”
(left to right: Worshipful Master Altar, Candidate. Conductor.)

S. W.–The candidate is in order, Worshipful, and awaits your further will and pleasure.

W. M.–You will cause him to kneel on his naked knees, both hands resting on the Holy Bible, square, and compasses.

W. M.–Brother Gabe, you are kneeling, for the third time, at the altar of Masonry, to take upon yourself the solemn oath of a Master Mason; and I, as Master of this Lodge, take pleasure, as on former occasions, in informing you that there is nothing in it which will interfere with the duty you owe to your God, your neighbor, your country, or self. Are you willing to take the oath?

p. 94

Candidate–I am.

W. M.–You will repeat your name, and say after me:

“I, Peter Gabe (Master gives three raps with his gavel, when all present assemble round the altar), of my own free-will and accord, in the presence of Almighty God, and this worshipful Lodge, erected to him and dedicated to the holy Sts. John, do hereby and hereon most solemnly and sincerely promise and swear, that I will always hail, ever conceal, and never reveal any of the secrets, arts, parts, point or points, of the Master Masons’ Degree, to any person or persons whomsoever, except it be to a true and lawful brother of this Degree, or in a regularly constituted Lodge of Master Masons, nor unto him, or them, until by strict trial, due examination, or lawful information, I shall have found him, or them, as lawfully entitled to the same as I am myself.

p. 95

“I furthermore promise and swear, that I will stand to and abide by all laws, rules, and regulations of the Master Masons’ Degree, and of the Lodge of which I may hereafter become a member, as far as the same shall come to my knowledge; and that I will ever maintain and support the constitution, laws, and edicts of the Grand Lodge under which the same shall be holden.

“Further, that I will acknowledge and obey all due signs and summonses sent to me from a Master Masons’ Lodge, or given me by a brother of that Degree, if within the length of my cable-tow.

“Further, that I will always aid and assist all poor, distressed, worthy Master Masons, their widows and orphans, knowing them to be such, as far as their necessities may require, and my ability permit, without material injury to myself and family.

“Further, that I will keep a worthy brother Master Mason’s secrets inviolable, when communicated to and received by me as such, murder and treason excepted.

“Further, that I will not aid, nor be present at, the initiation, passing, or raising of a woman, an old man in his dotage, a young man in his nonage, an atheist, a madman, or fool, knowing them to be such.

“Further, that I will not sit in a Lodge of clandestine-made Masons, nor converse on the subject of Masonry with a clandestine-made Mason, nor one who has been expelled or suspended from a Lodge, while under that sentence, knowing him or them to be such.

“Further, I will not cheat, wrong, nor defraud a Master Mason’s Lodge, nor a brother of this Degree, knowingly, nor supplant him in any of his laudable undertakings, but will give him due and timely notice, that he may ward off all danger.

“Further, that I will not knowingly strike a brother Master Mason, or otherwise do him personal violence in anger, except in the necessary defence of my family or property.

“Further, that I will not have illegal carnal intercourse with a Master Mason’s wife, his mother, sister, or daughter, nor suffer the same to be done by others, if in my power to prevent.

“Further, that I will not give the Grand Masonic word, in any other manner or form than that in which I shall receive it, and then in a low breath.

“Further, that I will not give the Grand Hailing Sign of Distress, except in case of the most imminent danger, in a just and lawful Lodge, or for the benefit of instruction; and if ever I should see it given, or hear the words accompanying it, by a worthy brother in distress, I will fly to his relief, if there is a greater probability of saving his life than losing my own.

p. 96

“All this I most solemnly, sincerely promise and swear, with a firm and steady resolution to perform the same, without any hesitation, mental reservation, or secret evasion of mind what-ever, binding myself, under no less penalty than that of having my body severed in two, 1 my bowels taken from thence and burned to ashes, the ashes scattered before the four winds of heaven, that no more remembrance might be had of so vile and wicked a wretch as I would be, should I ever, knowingly, violate this my Master Mason’s obligation. So help me God, and keep me steadfast in the due performance of the same.”

W. M.–You will detach your hands and kiss the book. In your present condition, what do you most desire?
Candidate (prompted by conductor.)–Further light in Masonry.

W. M.–Let him receive further light.

http://www.freemasoninformation.com/masonic-education/books/duncans-masonic-ritual-and-monitor/duncans-masonic-ritual-and-monitor/

orange
09-22-2009, 03:41 PM
Did The History Channel get it right?

Oh noes!

KILLER_CLOWN
09-22-2009, 03:42 PM

Oh noes!

Ask Dan Brown.

orange
09-22-2009, 03:43 PM
Ask Dan Brown.

I'm sorry. Who?

[edit] Okay, Da Vinci Code.

So I change my question - Why?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suggest you try Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Ecco. Required reading for conspiracy buffs.

Raised On Riots
09-22-2009, 03:48 PM

ROFL

Oh noes!

Nope.

And the guy representing the opposing view said that, "Masons are supposed to practice the religion native to the Country/Community in which they reside".

WRONG.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-22-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm sorry. Who?

[edit] Okay, Da Vinci Code.

So I change my question - Why?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suggest you try Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Ecco. Required reading for conspiracy buffs.

At the point of answering my original question you were supposed to laugh, i don't do standup and the jokes do not approach anything more hilarious.

orange
09-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Nope.

I think you're wrong. You're basing your opinion on your own experience - not what Washington went through 200 years ago. Note that the book I quoted above was from 1866. THC probably has looked at even earlier books of Freemasonry. And that book - by the way - clearly and unequivocally states that kissing the Bible was part of the Blue Lodge ritual for becoming a Third Degree ("Master") Mason.

SNR
09-22-2009, 03:54 PM
You mean the same History Channel that now has shows about cryptozoology and UFO sightings presented a conspiracy theory as real truth and made a show about it?

I swear, that channel has become worse than MTV.

Donger
09-22-2009, 03:54 PM

Bullshit.

I don't know much about Masonry, because I don't like rocks, but is it possible that they had different practices when Washington was alive?

KILLER_CLOWN
09-22-2009, 04:01 PM
I don't know much about Masonry, because I don't like rocks, but is it possible that they had different practices when Washington was alive?

Indeed.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-22-2009, 04:01 PM
You mean the same History Channel that now has shows about cryptozoology and UFO sightings presented a conspiracy theory as real truth and made a show about it?

I swear, that channel has become worse than MTV.

It's now an offshoot of comedy central.

orange
09-22-2009, 04:04 PM
It's an INCREDIBLY well-known fact that the Bible Washington used in his Inauguration came from a Masonic Lodge. It's still held by them and trotted out for special occasions - like other Inaugurations, for example. Hardly a conspiracy.

Raised On Riots
09-22-2009, 04:11 PM
I think you're wrong. You're basing your opinion on your own experience - not what Washington went through 200 years ago. Note that the book I quoted above was from 1866. THC probably has looked at even earlier books of Freemasonry. And that book - by the way - clearly and unequivocally states that kissing the Bible was part of the Blue Lodge ritual for becoming a Third Degree ("Master") Mason.

Yes.

Brock
09-22-2009, 04:44 PM
In most states, you do kiss the bible for each of your first three degrees. Although, depending on the lodge, it could be the Torah, the Koran, etc.

wild1
09-22-2009, 05:28 PM
Interesting. I thought it was just a place for old timers to drink.

Brock
09-22-2009, 05:31 PM
If you want to drink you join the shriners.

StcChief
09-22-2009, 09:10 PM
George Washington could have been, no was begged to be the new King with absolute power and control over the new USA. How many of us could have turned down that power? He was a great man at a time a great man was needed.wish we had one.

Rausch
09-24-2009, 05:02 AM
You have a wife????

Wow, things have changed.

Howya doin, Brad?

Not very much.

I don't get to do it very much at all...