PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues Afghanistan. Why is there no military draft?

googlegoogle
09-22-2009, 05:16 PM
Where is the Afghan army?

jesus.

Anyone here an expert here on this topic?

Direckshun
09-22-2009, 05:19 PM

jesus.

I don't think any of us are, but there are a number of people here that are fairly well versed on the subject.

I have read intensely about it.

Taco John
09-22-2009, 05:20 PM

jesus.

Everybody. Just ask anybody.

patteeu
09-22-2009, 05:34 PM

:LOL: True.

BucEyedPea
09-22-2009, 07:44 PM
I know a lady with sons in Afghanistan. She claims there hasn't really been a war there.

Taco John
09-22-2009, 08:02 PM
I know a lady with sons in Afghanistan. She claims there hasn't really been a war there.

That seems pretty out there.

Hog Farmer
09-22-2009, 08:19 PM
The afghan army sucks no matter how many you put out there plus the bad guys infiltrate the army, better to have american soldiers do the job.

Easy 6
09-22-2009, 08:57 PM

...LMAO

BucEyedPea
09-22-2009, 11:04 PM
That seems pretty out there.

She said what they were doing but I don't remember. I know it wasn't really a war. Yeah they're bombing but gee, I should go check though but I'm off to bed.

BucEyedPea
09-22-2009, 11:12 PM
The only troops on the ground for the most part are PRTs ( Provincial Reconstruction Teams (http://en.wikipedia.or /wiki/Provincial_Reconstruction_Team)) More troops would be needed if they need counterinsurgency operations.

What I was merely pointing out is that the troops there on the ground now are reconstruction troops with a small attachment of stability forces (National Guard Infantry Units) for protection.

Stabilize and rebuild. PRTs were formed as a result of the mission in Afghanistan and are now being implemented by all NATO -ISAF forces in Afghanistan. To date I believe there are 26 such bases throughout the country. The US controls 13 if I'm not mistaken and NATO-ISAF controls the rest. The soul purpose of these units is to work along side of the Afghani government local as well as national throughout the country rebuilding and reestablishing stability. PRTs are a complex group consisting of both civilian and military personal. They military personnel are trained at Fort Bragg. They spend an average of 6 wks to 3 months training prior to being deployed.

She has one son in Iraq and one in Afghanistan.

Unfortunately I understand all to well what's going on in Afghanistan. I know a lot more then I wish I did. As I have mentioned before I have a son that served for over a year in Afghanistan. He's was a member of the Provincial Reconstruction team stationed in Asadabad. His sole purpose was to protect the PRT while they completed their humanitarian missions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_Provincial_Reconstruction_Teams_in_Afghanistan.jpg

kcfanXIII
09-22-2009, 11:20 PM
She said what they were doing but I don't remember. I know it wasn't really a war. Yeah they're bombing but gee, I should go check though but I'm off to bed.

maybe guarding something?

BucEyedPea
09-22-2009, 11:21 PM

Reconstruction and protection for. I didn't say there was no bombing. I don't trust Yon but I didn't say there was no bombing.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-22-2009, 11:34 PM

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/smoke/snort.gif

patteeu
09-23-2009, 06:25 AM

If that's true, your lady is nuts.

It may well be that her sons aren't involved in the fighting, but you can read a first-hand account of the war here (http://www.michaelyon-online.com/).

The roads are so littered with enemy bombs that nearly all transport and resupply to this base occurs by helicopter. The pilots roar through the darkness, swoop into small bases nestled in the saddle of enemy territory, and quickly rumble off into the night.

A witness must spend only a short time in the darkness to know we are at war. Flares arc into the night, or mortar illumination rounds drift and swing under parachutes, orange and eerily in the distance, casting long, flickering but sharply defined shadows. The worst that can happen is that you will be caught in an open field, covered by nothing and concealed only by darkness, when the illumination suddenly bathes you in light. Best is to stay low and freeze and prepare to fire, or in the case of a writer, to stay low and freeze and prepare to watch the firing.

BucEyedPea
09-23-2009, 07:43 AM
I always had my doubts about Yon ( and this shows why*) but no one said there was no bombing. What is that for? Protection of the reconstruction troops? Sounds to me she is talking about no fighting on the ground, except to protect the PRTs.

If ya' wanna rely on those who believed fake intel and forgeries for evidence then rely on Yon too.

Paid Neocon hack

Iowanian
09-23-2009, 08:22 AM

Then she has her head further up her ass than you do.

"I know a guy". I know people there too. I could explain why you're wrong about no combat, or I could direct you to liveleak and indicate you search "firefight" and Afghanistan.

HonestChieffan
09-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Find the Obot

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3QqO8EXd-II/SrnTlwTOjQI/AAAAAAAAsmI/MRgVlmJDnOs/s400/imagescamoclown_small.jpg

BucEyedPea
09-23-2009, 08:41 AM
Find the Obot

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3QqO8EXd-II/SrnTlwTOjQI/AAAAAAAAsmI/MRgVlmJDnOs/s400/imagescamoclown_small.jpg

ROFL No that's an embedded reporter.

patteeu
09-23-2009, 10:32 AM
I always had my doubts about Yon ( and this shows why*) but no one said there was no bombing. What is that for? Protection of the reconstruction troops? Sounds to me she is talking about no fighting on the ground, except to protect the PRTs.

If ya' wanna rely on those who believed fake intel and forgeries for evidence then rely on Yon too.

Paid Neocon hack

Yon would wear your "doubts" like a badge of honor, I'm sure. Keep believing that there is no war. Click your heels together if you want to take a trip to Kansas too.