PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Whitlock stirring it up again?

CaliforniaChief
09-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Don't know why I still monitor, but should mention that just a few minutes ago Jason Whitlock posted a Facebook status entitled:

We might have a situation brewing between Haley and Scott Egoli.

Get out your popcorn.

ZootedGranny
09-22-2009, 08:40 PM
Probably the Croyle/Cassel situation 610 ran into the fucking ground earlier today.

Deberg_1990
09-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Probably the Croyle/Cassel situation 610 ran into the ****ing ground earlier today.

Is it something Haley said about benching Cassel for Croyle?? I headr that on some national radio blurb earlier this evening..

Easy 6
09-22-2009, 08:42 PM
If this is how he's going to be from now on, his fatass should be stowed on a slow junk to Shanghai.

Hog Farmer
09-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Probably the fact that Haley needs to quit belittling his players in front of the national media. He's an ass!

Hog Farmer
09-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Probably because he continues to belittle his players in front of the national media. That's bullshit!

dirk digler
09-22-2009, 08:45 PM
Is it something Haley said about benching Cassel for Croyle?? I headr that on some national radio blurb earlier this evening..

I would like to hear this as well. It seems the media is trying to start a QB when there is none

CaliforniaChief
09-22-2009, 08:49 PM
If it is this, then I'm even more amazed at Whitlock's stupidity. I don't know about anyone else, but I want the leaders of my franchise having spirited debates about what's best for the team. If Pioli and Haley always agree and get along, then we're more apt to have a puppet regime than a good environment for leadership. I can't name one situation I've ever been in where everyone always got along and held hands all day.

There's a lot to argue about here to make things better.

OnTheWarpath58
09-22-2009, 08:51 PM
I would like to hear this as well. It seems the media is trying to start a QB when there is none

Is none?

Apparently, Haley said the following, sparking the whole thing:

Matt Cassel, QB KC

News: Matt Cassel will face the Eagles in Philadelphia in Week 3, coach Todd Haley said Tuesday. But the rookie head coach also said he would not hesitate to make a switch if he decided backup Brodie Croyle gives the winless Chiefs a better chance to do some damage. Cassel was mostly ineffective in his first start against Oakland while Croyle threw two touchdowns in Week 1 at Baltimore. Haley has been around some interesting quarterback decisions over his career, including last season's last-minute change of Kurt Warner from Matt Leinart in Arizona. "You've got to ultimately do what you think gives your team the best chance to win," Haley said. "If that means another quarterback being in there other than Matt Cassel, then sign me up."

That was on the League Page of one of my CBS Sports Fantasy Leagues.

http://i37.tinypic.com/2iglwjs.jpg

ILChief
09-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Probably the fact that Haley needs to quit belittling his players in front of the national media. He's an ass!

who did he belittle in front of the national media?

DeezNutz
09-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Much ado about nothing, IMO.

Haley's basic statement in the presser that started all this bullshit was that the team, currently, is not at a point where he believes it's correct for anyone to feel comfortable.

Immediately the media started asking about the QB, so now Haley has a choice: completely double back on his statement, or tow the company line that every position is a "competition."

Mecca
09-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Hell this morning Steven St John was talking about Haley constantly yelling at players and how he needs to tone that down or the players will ignore him like kids do to parents that constantly yell.

Like "oh boy he's yelling again"

ILChief
09-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Whitlock, if you are reading this:

PLEASE STOP THE "EGOLI" CRAP!!!!

I have yet to find anyone that thinks it's cute, funny, or amusing in any way. You are only making an ass of yourself.

ILChief
09-22-2009, 08:57 PM
Hell this morning Steven St John was talking about Haley constantly yelling at players and how he needs to tone that down or the players will ignore him like kids do to parents that constantly yell.

Like "oh boy he's yelling again"

Yeah they did so much better with Herm smiling at them and saying "That's OKAAAAAY".

Just Passin' By
09-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Change the names, you'll still get the same post:

Matt Cassel, QB KC

News: Tom Brady will face the Eagles in Philadelphia in Week 3, coach Bill Belichick said Tuesday. But the ... head coach also said he would not hesitate to make a switch if he decided backup Hoyer gives the Patriots a better chance to do some damage. Brady was mostly ineffective in his first start against Oakland while Hoyer threw two touchdowns in Week 1 at Baltimore...."You've got to ultimately do what you think gives your team the best chance to win," Belichick said. "If that means another quarterback being in there other than Tom Brady, then sign me up."

You could put pretty much any coach/QB combination in there, and you'll likely get a similar answer. Here's the part that preceded the posted comment:

Q: You’ve made clear that it’s all about competition and who gives you the best chance to win. Does that apply to the quarterback too?

HALEY: “Absolutely and it’s my track record going all the way back to the Jets when I was there with Parcells. We had a guy there named Glenn Foley that the entire city of New York and Long Island was excited about and we picked up Vinny Testaverde right before training camp, but after three games it was clear that Vinny would give us the best chance to win. I was there for that change.

“I was there in Dallas when we brought Drew Bledsoe in and we had a guy named Tony Romo that as days went on you said, ‘hey, this guy maybe gives us the best shot to win,’ and we made a mid-season change.

“No more glaring than in the last couple of years in Arizona between Matt (Leinart) and Kurt (Warner) and Matt being a number one pick. When we made that change there was a lot of negative feed-back and what about the future. There weren’t many people saying much when we were in the Super Bowl last year.

“Those are decisions you’ve got to make as a coach. As a head coach you take the brunt of the criticism or the accolades. You’ve got to ultimately do what you think gives your team the best chance to win. If that means another quarterback being in there other than Matt Cassel then….”

Mecca
Yeah they did so much better with Herm smiling at them and saying "That's OKAAAAAY".

He's got a point if you just yell all the time people will ignore you.

chief52
Much ado about nothing, IMO.

Haley's basic statement in the presser that started all this bullshit was that the team, currently, is not at a point where he believes it's correct for anyone to feel comfortable.

Immediately the media started asking about the QB, so now Haley has a choice: completely double back on his statement, or tow the company line that every position is a "competition."

Exactly. He just said the would twist, poke, prod the team in any way until they got a winner or so to speak. No one should be comfortable...and when asked if he was comfortable he said no!

Mr. Laz
09-22-2009, 08:59 PM
So the fort knox of football information is now leaking information to Whitlock?

i don't think so, he is just throwing shit against the wall.

Easy 6
09-22-2009, 09:00 PM
So the fort knox of football information is now leaking information to Whitlock?

Eggsactly.

Reerun_KC
09-22-2009, 09:01 PM
Eggsactly.

Or Whitlocks little crybaby bitch Waters is leaking info...

I hope some body gang rapes Whitlock with a rusty bulldozer...

TrickyNicky
09-22-2009, 09:02 PM

We never see the good side of Haley. The only time the camera is on him is when he if fuming.

ILChief
09-22-2009, 09:02 PM

Maybe he won't yell as much if they stop making bone headed plays

dirk digler
09-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Is none?

Apparently, Haley said the following, sparking the whole thing:

That was on the League Page of one of my CBS Sports Fantasy Leagues.

http://i37.tinypic.com/2iglwjs.jpg

Ok I didn't see that. That was a dumb thing to say by Haley. I bet Scott is a little pissed

KCtotheSB
09-22-2009, 09:04 PM
For the love of Christ, can Whitlock please PLEASE go cover some other team....
As if it's not bad enough going through loss after loss, but having his lardass try to nudge in between our rebuilding project and make a name for himself is absolutely ridiculous. Go the fuck away.....PLEASE.

ILChief
09-22-2009, 09:05 PM
We never see the good side of Haley. The only time the camera is on him is when he if fuming.

It seems to me (at least early on) that Haley is the roughest on guys like Bowe and DJ. Guys that have tons of talent that don't always use it. And it has seemed to work on both of them. There is alot of Parcells in Haley, IMHO.

Deberg_1990
09-22-2009, 09:05 PM

Im still going with Waters as his inside snitch.

ILChief
09-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Ok I didn't see that. That was a dumb thing to say by Haley. I bet Scott is a little pissed

he got trapped into a corner with all the position battle/competition. When asked if it applied to the QB position, he couldn't say "no the QB is different". Barring injury or Jamarcus like performances, Cassel is the man.

Boon
09-22-2009, 09:06 PM
It isn't news until WPI breaks it.

KCUnited
09-22-2009, 09:08 PM
FWIW, Bill Maas was on 610 twice last week and said specifically that Cassel is Pioli's guy and Croyle is Haley's guy. I didn't hear the presser today, but I imagine that the Croyle/Cassel questions may have come from 610 guys and that's how this thing is picking up steam.

OnTheWarpath58
09-22-2009, 09:10 PM
FWIW, Bill Maas was on 610 twice last week and said specifically that Cassel is Pioli's guy and Croyle is Haley's guy. I didn't hear the presser today, but I imagine that the Croyle/Cassel questions may have come from 610 guys and that's how this thing is picking up steam.

Oh, fuck.

ILChief
09-22-2009, 09:10 PM

it could be a ratings ploy by 610 to fluff up this fake QB. I doubt Bill Maas knows more than your or I about the internal conversations at Arrowhead.

Deberg_1990
09-22-2009, 09:11 PM
Bill Maas was on 610 twice last week and said specifically that Cassel is Pioli's guy and Croyle is Haley's guy.

heh, Bill Maas. Now theres a guy with alot of credibility.

ILChief
It isn't news until WPI breaks it.

then it is news:

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/72/727109.jpg

milkman

All we are ever really given is information about Haley yelling.

The media like to play it up.

It's colorful and entertaining.

But no one even said a thing in the one practice clip that I saw where he's praising a player for doing a good job.

No one seems to remember that he canceled the last two days of OTAs as a reward for the hard work, for working the way he wants them to work.

I don't know if he's going to be successful, and he wasn't on my list of candidates that I was hoping to hire, but I'm not ready to dismiss him because the media is crap.

OnTheWarpath58
09-22-2009, 09:12 PM

Where there's smoke, there's usually some sort of fire.

And it would explain Whitlock's constant use of "Egoli" if he thinks that Pioli forced Cassel on Haley.

Who knows.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-22-2009, 09:14 PM

http://i28.tinypic.com/k0gcnb.jpg

Deberg_1990
09-22-2009, 09:14 PM

But no one even said a thing in the one practice clip that I saw where he's praising a player for doing a good job.

No one seems to remember that he canceled the last two days of OTAs as a reward for the hard work, for working the way he wants them to work.

I don't know if he's going to be successful, and he wasn't on my list of candidates that I was hoping to hire, but I'm not ready to dismiss him because the media is crap.

This

Sure-Oz
09-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Hopefully cassel starts to play well so this shit can end....we've already seen Croyle

Reaper16
09-22-2009, 09:16 PM
I'm going to sincerely hope that Bill Maas is just talking out of his sizable ass.

Hog Farmer
who did he belittle in front of the national media?

In game one , Croyle.

In game two, a receiver which I don't remember which one.

OnTheWarpath58
I'm going to sincerely hope that Bill Maas is just talking out of his sizable ass.

This.

Demonpenz
fuck did anyone even look at my thread earlier? Atchison times and I know our shit

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-22-2009, 09:18 PM
Todd Haley did not have a good Sunday at all, and I was very questionable about the hire, but I will say that I have been quite pleased with his performance as a HC so far. There are plenty of things he's done that have been head scratchers, but I think that as long as he can properly dish out the vitriol, and not just go ape shit at every corner, that he'll be a fine NFL coach.

ILChief
09-22-2009, 09:18 PM
In game one , Croyle.

In game two, a receiver which I don't remember which one.

he yelled at them during a game. big deal. he didn't berate them to the media in a press conference.

games are intense, tempers flare. i have no problem with it.

smittysbar
09-22-2009, 09:19 PM
I think I'll wait before buying into it, but it does spark my interest.

Mecca
09-22-2009, 09:19 PM

I certainly hope for our sake that he is because if he's not...

Der Flöprer
09-22-2009, 09:20 PM
LMAO I don't even remotely believe it.

KCUnited
09-22-2009, 09:22 PM
After listening to the presser, it was 610's Nick Wright who asked the question of whether Pioli and Haley are on the same page as far as the QB.

KCUnited
09-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Hence the FWIW I preluded the post with.

CaliforniaChief
09-22-2009, 09:24 PM
If Cassel needs a little controversy to sharpen up this week, oh fricking well.

Contracts aside, Haley has consistently said that the best players will play. If that standard doesn't apply to QB's, he's a hypocrite.

Look for Cassel to be #4 on the depth chart with Matt Gutierrez running the Wildcat.

In all seriousness, Cassel's a better QB. Just like Bowe's the best WR, and Derrick Johnson's the best LB. But if they feel a little heat, so what? Let the Assclown and everyone else yap.

Boon
09-22-2009, 09:25 PM
then it is news:

Then it should probably be filed under: Bullshit.

WildTurkey

Contracts aside, Haley has consistently said that the best players will play. If that standard doesn't apply to QB's, he's a hypocrite.

Look for Cassel to be #4 on the depth chart with Matt Gutierrez running the Wildcat.

In all seriousness, Cassel's a better QB. Just like Bowe's the best WR, and Derrick Johnson's the best LB. But if they feel a little heat, so what? Let the Assclown and everyone else yap.

This

ILChief

this. Although I do think it's time to get DJ back on the field more.

Fritz88
09-22-2009, 09:29 PM

Not quit, but perhaps tune it down a bit. Mangini is failing in Cleveland because he's doing something similar.

stevieray
09-22-2009, 09:33 PM
I talked to someone thirty years in the org after the game..Jason doesn't have a clue.

nobody does...

laz called it fort knox. and he's not far off...most people aren't even allowed to talk to the players...at all.

Coach
09-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Looks like ESPN is catching it now.

Haley won't hesitate to pull Cassel

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Brodie Croyle has a much higher quarterback rating and a better completion percentage, but Matt Cassel has a bigger guaranteed contract. Guess who'll start for Kansas City on Sunday?

It will be Cassel facing the Eagles in Philadelphia, coach Todd Haley said Tuesday. But the rookie head coach also said he would not hesitate to make a switch if he decided Croyle gives the winless Chiefs a better chance.

He would really have the courage to bench someone his boss showered with millions of dollars and staked a big chunk of his reputation on?

"You've got to ultimately do what you think gives your team the best chance to win," Haley said. "If that means another quarterback being in there other than Matt Cassel, then sign me up."

Cassel has been one of the happiest success stories in recent years. He is one of the few, and perhaps the only, quarterback to start and win an NFL game without ever starting a game in college.

But in the loss to Oakland on Sunday in his and Haley's regular-season debut in Arrowhead Stadium, he was 24-of-39 passing for 241 yards, a completion percentage of 61.5. His quarterback rating is 66.3

Croyle, as Cassel's injured left knee continued to mend, hit 16 of 24 for 177 yards and two touchdowns the week before at Baltimore. He threw two touchdown passes and did not throw an interception while compiling a rating of 116.1

"I think when you talk about any of these players, you're talking about a total evaluation, going all the way back to when we first got together as a group," Haley said. "And there's a lot of different things that factor into those decisions. Again, it's a process. It's how they practiced last week, how they practiced the week before, how they prepare, are they studying?"

At Southern Cal, Cassel played behind two Heisman Trophy winners and then sat on the bench behind Tom Brady at New England until Brady was hurt in the season opener last year.

After he stepped in and led the Patriots to 11 wins, he was considered one of the greatest "finds" of Scott Pioli, who was Bill Belichick's right-hand man in New England until the Chiefs hired him in January as general manager. When Pioli brought Cassel to Kansas City and gave him a six-year contract worth a guaranteed $28 million, his future as the Chiefs' foundation quarterback seemed unbreakable.

But he hurt his knee in the third preseason game and was inconsistent against Oakland, showing courage to run around and absorb a hit but also throwing the two picks.

Croyle, injury-prone going all the way back to college, was going to be the foundation quarterback under Herm Edwards, but became almost the forgotten man when he missed most of last season and Edwards was fired. He played well enough in training camp to be the No. 2, and carried that over to the Baltimore game.

"I thought Brodie Croyle went into a very difficult situation, a hostile environment against a very good defense and he looked like an NFL quarterback. He gave us a legitimate chance to win," said Haley. "He executed the game plan the way he was asked to execute it."

Haley points to his experience as an assistant coach to prove he would not hesitate to make a change at any position.

"We had a guy named Glenn Foley the entire city of New York was excited about," he said. "We picked up Vinnie [Testaverde] right before training camp but after three games it was clear that Vinnie would give us the best chance to win and I was there for that change. I was there in Dallas when we brought in Drew Bledsoe and they brought him in for a reason, to play quarterback. And we had a guy named Tony Romo that as the days went on you saw, 'Hey, maybe this guy gives us the best shot to win,' and we made a midseason change."

Last year, when Haley was offensive coordinator at Arizona, he was involved in one of the most fateful quarterback switches of the season. Matt Leinart, a No. 1 pick, was struggling and aging veteran Kurt Warner was on hand as his backup.

"When we made that change, there was a lot of negative feedback -- 'What about the future?' There weren't too many people saying much when we were in the Super Bowl last year," Haley said.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4495485

Easy 6
09-22-2009, 09:42 PM
Yeah...i'm sure its really 'brewing' between the GM and his cherry-picked, very well known through deep professional lineage & personal ties HC.

Haley alluded to that fact, a very active & comfortable working relationship, throwing ideas around together in off the cuff bull sessions.

You can bet Haley is Full-On the Cassel Train, he was only being honest about a big 'what if?' scenario.

Whitlocks next MyFace update should say...'yep, i'm just dreaming shit up'.

smittysbar
09-22-2009, 09:47 PM
At this point, I don't think I would be surprised though, he done it before.....

aturnis
09-22-2009, 09:48 PM

Who exactly is he belittling in from of the national media?

keg in kc
09-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Yeah...i'm sure its really 'brewing' between the GM and his cherry-picked, very well known through deep professional lineage & personal ties HC.From the same press conference all this bullshit is brewing from:

Q: Do you feel you are generally on the same page as far as the starting quarterback with Scott Pioli?

HALEY: “Yeah, I feel like we’re on the same page on everything. We spend hours and hours hanging out and talking, discussing and throwing ideas around including the coaching staff all the time. I don’t think there’s one thing we’re doing that would be a surprise to either one of us.”

smittysbar
09-22-2009, 09:58 PM
Who exactly is he belittling in from of the national media?

People don't WTF they are talking about. I was at TC several days. Does he get pissed? yes. Does he get exited over good play? Yes. He seemed pretty balanced, if you fuck up your going to hear about it (be accountable). If you make a play you are going to get praise. Everyone knows coach's like this, and for the most part, you are not going to be very successful if players are not going to be held to a standard.

If they want the kicked back lazy approach that Herm brought they can screw off, it's time for a change, and that time is now.

the Talking Can
09-22-2009, 09:58 PM
another lesson in context....

haley gave an honest answer to a question, now you know why coaches usually say nothing...

Count Alex's Losses
09-22-2009, 10:04 PM
then it is news:

Yep, WPI is all over this.

CaliforniaChief
09-22-2009, 10:08 PM
And as a follow-up to what I said earlier, I'd say so far so good on his motivational abilities. He put Bowe in the doghouse and got improvement from him. Then he put DJ in the doghouse and he's making big plays. I bet you'll see a much sharper, more intelligent Cassel on Sunday.

boogblaster
09-22-2009, 10:08 PM
If your starter isn't doing the job , try your back-up ..

aturnis
09-22-2009, 10:10 PM
Yeah, I don't give this bullshit any credibility whatsoever. Bill Maas and J-Whit know about anything happening between Haley and Pioli? Give me a break. Also, whoever suggested Waters is "the leak", that too is bullshit. How would Waters know ANYTHING about any Pioli/Haley conversations? You think they are going to argue this point in front of the team.

Noone knows shit. They are only trying to create a QB controversy to get the team some national media attention or something. Did you fucking see Croyle play in the first game? His entire first quarter was spent checking down b/c he was too scared to get hit. Also no shit he had a "decent' game. He was on a fucking leash. Do you think if Haley believed in him he'd be wearing that leash? Cassel didn't seem to be wearing any sort of leash. Only problem though was the 2 INT's, which I believe were both very good plays by Huff and 9/10 safeties wouldn't have made those plays.

CaliforniaChief
09-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Yeah, I don't give this bullshit any credibility whatsoever. Bill Maas and J-Whit know about anything happening between Haley and Pioli? Give me a break. Also, whoever suggested Waters is "the leak", that too is bullshit. How would Waters know ANYTHING about any Pioli/Haley conversations? You think they are going to argue this point in front of the team.

Noone knows shit. They are only trying to create a QB controversy to get the team some national media attention or something. Did you ****ing see Croyle play in the first game? His entire first quarter was spent checking down b/c he was too scared to get hit. Also no shit he had a "decent' game. He was on a ****ing leash. Do you think if Haley believed in him he'd be wearing that leash? Cassel didn't seem to be wearing any sort of leash. Only problem though was the 2 INT's, which I believe were both very good plays by Huff and 9/10 safeties wouldn't have made those plays.

You don't think Haley called BW into his office to settle the bet?

Haley: Hey Waters, get up here.
Waters: Y...y....yeah coach?
Haley: Me and Egoli have a bet. We need someone with excellent player evaluation skills to settle this fight we're having.
Waters: Sure, whatcha got?
Pioli: Todd thinks Brodie's the guy, I'm thinking Cassel.
Waters: Dramatic Pause
Waters: Let's bring Trent Green back. He was awesome.
Haley: Thanks for your input, big guy. We're going with Brodie. And hey, tell Whitlock everything you know.

aturnis
09-22-2009, 10:20 PM
People don't WTF they are talking about. I was at TC several days. Does he get pissed? yes. Does he get exited over good play? Yes. He seemed pretty balanced, if you **** up your going to hear about it (be accountable). If you make a play you are going to get praise. Everyone knows coach's like this, and for the most part, you are not going to be very successful if players are not going to be held to a standard.

If they want the kicked back lazy approach that Herm brought they can screw off, it's time for a change, and that time is now.

Yeah, I was too. Nothing crazy happened there. The best thing I saw in fact was his hard-assed coaching style. As I said before, the only players who ran during practice when Herm was here were the RB's and Wr's and that was only b/c they have to to do their jobs.

Loved Haley's outburst at Devard Darling. I definitely wasn't the only one there hoping he got cut. Everyone was on that bandwagon.

As far as Hog Farmers post, well, let's just say he's a fucking idiot. Oh noes! A coach is displeased with the play on the field. That MUST be a first! I don't know if I've ever seen a coach who hasn't yelled at his players during game. In fact, I'm sure Herm must have even done it at some point in time.

Players who get yelled at during games, deserve to get yelled at. You might get players here and there who stop listening to the coach, but you send those guys elsewhere. Haley's not their friend, that's what positional coach's are for. Good cop, bad cop. I don't know if any of you have ever worked/played for someone who was good at what they do but were a total asshole. As long as you respect them, even if they don't respect you, you work your ass of for that person, just to try to please them. Try to earn their respect.

All this talk is complete bullshit. Haley does not want Croyle as his QB. I'm sure of it.

smittysbar
09-22-2009, 10:33 PM
NFL Network now running with the story

DeezNutz
09-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Only problem though was the 2 INT's, which I believe were both very good plays by Huff and 9/10 safeties wouldn't have made those plays.

Huff made a nice catch on the second INT, but both were brutal throws and reads by Cassel.

He absolutely cannot be excused for these plays.

BigMeatballDave
09-22-2009, 10:42 PM
He's got a point if you just yell all the time people will ignore you.Awww... is he gonna hurt the players feelings?
:rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm so sure the players will just not listen. If they would do their fucking jobs they wouldn't get yelled at. These are fucking professional football players, not janitors.

Short Leash Hootie
09-22-2009, 10:42 PM
I was much more impressed with week 2 Cassel than week 1 Brodie...don't give a shit what the numbers said. I watched the games.

DeezNutz
09-22-2009, 10:43 PM
Awww... is he gonna hurt the players feelings?
:rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm so sure the players will just not listen. If they would do their ****ing jobs they wouldn't get yelled at. These are ****ing professional football players, not janitors.

Veteran, established players won't listen. They won't have to because, if we get some star players in here, their contracts will speak more loudly than Haley ever can.

Raised On Riots
09-22-2009, 11:21 PM
Bill Maas is the most useless sack of ex-Chiefs shit to ever hold a microphone. His 80's-era team sucked fucking ballz, and were it not for Derron Cherry, there would be no reason whatsoever to remember anything about him.

BigRock
09-22-2009, 11:29 PM

Look at the Ravens game when Croyle threw the TD to Bowe. Haley was right there on the sideline pumping Brodie up when he walked off the field, and that was after the whole "JESUS CHRIST BRODIE" thing. There's also been two or three times they've cut to Haley pounding a guy's chest or helmet when they came off after making a good play.

The idea that all he does is yell is fiction.

CaliforniaChief
09-22-2009, 11:31 PM
Look at the Ravens game when Croyle threw the TD to Bowe. Haley was right there on the sideline pumping Brodie up when he walked off the field, and that was after the whole "JESUS CHRIST BRODIE" thing. There's also been two or three times they've cut to Haley pounding a guy's chest or helmet when they came off after making a good play.

The idea that all he does is yell is fiction.

Exactly.

Psyko Tek
09-23-2009, 12:11 AM
Don't know why I still monitor, but should mention that just a few minutes ago Jason Whitlock posted a Facebook status entitled:

We might have a situation brewing between Haley and Scott Egoli.

Get out your popcorn.

wtf are you using facebook for NLF?
thought that was to chase pussy?

Psyko Tek
09-23-2009, 12:15 AM

that is the third step

first he calls them into the office

second in frontmof the team

third media

I got an MBA in how managers fuck up

Count Alex's Losses
09-23-2009, 12:23 AM
Veteran, established players won't listen. They won't have to because, if we get some star players in here, their contracts will speak more loudly than Haley ever can.

Larry Fitzgerald doesn't count?

WildTurkey
09-23-2009, 01:07 AM

Kurt Warner didn't care for him much either

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 01:10 AM

How many years did that take?

How did the offensive lineman do? The running backs? The QB's, including Leinart?

One players doesn't equal an offense.

Raised On Riots
09-23-2009, 01:13 AM
Kurt Warner didn't care for him much either

That's why ol' Kurt was pining for him in the press then?

WildTurkey
09-23-2009, 01:22 AM
I think your sarcasm meter needs some tuning.... I guess I should have added a :shake: lol

Raised On Riots
09-23-2009, 01:34 AM
I think your sarcasm meter needs some tuning.... I guess I should have added a :shake: lol

I'm beginning to hate the sarcasm meter.:D

T-post Tom
09-23-2009, 01:55 PM

Maas, Whitlock & 610 are all fighting to stay relevant. This Haley-vs-Pioli [Marty-vs-Carl Redux] rumor smells of bullsh!t. How long before Jack Harry chimes in with a report of Haley having a tumor on his spine?

KCUnited
09-23-2009, 02:04 PM
They funny thing is that when Maas said it there was this awkward silence like 'I can't believe we let this fool on the air', snickers in the background. Then 610's own Nick Wright asks the Pioli/Haley same page question. Then Haley gives an honest answer on his assessments of his 2 quarterbacks. Whitlock even admits he thought Maas's take was foolish, but gets small whiff of shit and grabs his agenda and giant spoon and starts to stir like he's churning butter.