PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Whitlock:Haley shows some courage

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Count Zarth
09-23-2009, 01:35 AM
Cassel looked like fucking Todd Blackledge out there: Dazed and Confused.

You are so full of shit, Dane.

ChiefsCountry
09-23-2009, 01:35 AM
If the Chiefs had went out and gotten a rookie QB and started a ton of rookies and younger guys with upside, I wouldnt be bitching about them sucking bc its expected. But if you go out and sign a ton of old vets, trade for a QB who should be ready to go, then you better produce IMO.

Chocolate Hog
09-23-2009, 01:36 AM
How can you defend his decision making, against the ****ing Raiders of all teams he'll play.

I'm not defending those plays but to write him off after 1 game is moronic. True or False: The team put up over 400 yards of offense?

True or False: Cassel was able to lead to Chiefs to a TD that should have sealed the game.

Short Leash Hootie
at least we didn't trade a 2nd for Culpepper when we could have signed Brees for free...

Mecca
I want Cassel to be good too. But let's be serious here, or you can be frank, or whoever. You'd much rather be right than any of the other options. Don't be coy.

If you really think I put in all this time in watching games and talking about the team I want them to suck, you're wrong.

Do I like Mark Sanchez, I do, does that mean I want Cassel to suck no it doesn't. I'd rather they both be good actually.

My simple point though was that numerous people went to experience being behind Brady all of that. He's 27 etc etc, when Cassel makes a rookie mistake you can't say well he hasn't played much because that undercuts the very same argument that was made for him some months ago.

If I wanted a guy who was learning how to be a QB I'd want the guy who's 22 with the top notch talent not the guy who's 27.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2009, 01:37 AM
If the Chiefs had went out and gotten a rookie QB and started a ton of rookies and younger guys with upside, I wouldnt be bitching about them sucking bc its expected. But if you go out and sign a ton of old vets, trade for a QB who should be ready to go, then you better produce IMO.

we signed a ton of old vets?

who?

we have Mike Goff and Bobby Engram...

and we traded Tony Gonzalez...

ROFL

Jesus.

Short Leash Hootie
If you really think I put in all this time in watching games and talking about the team I want them to suck, you're wrong.

Do I like Mark Sanchez, I do, does that mean I want Cassel to suck no it doesn't. I'd rather they both be good actually.

My simple point though was that numerous people went to experience being behind Brady all of that. He's 27 etc etc, when Cassel makes a rookie mistake you can't say well he hasn't played much because that undercuts the very same argument that was made for him some months ago.

If I wanted a guy who was learning how to be a QB I'd want the guy who's 22 with the top notch talent not the guy who's 27.

so...

Sanchez or Stafford?

Mecca

That's how I look at it, the Chiefs made a bunch of "we're gonna be better right now moves"

Mecca
09-23-2009, 01:38 AM
so...

Sanchez or Stafford?

I like Sanchez more than Stafford I think everyone knows that.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2009, 01:39 AM
I like Sanchez more than Stafford I think everyone knows that.

Wait...

So if we had the #1 pick...you would have taken Sanchez?

ChiefsCountry
we signed a ton of old vets?

who?

we have Mike Goff and Bobby Engram...

and we traded Tony Gonzalez...

ROFL

Jesus.

Forgetting about Mike Brown, Mike Vrabel, Monty Beisel, Amani Toomer, Ashley Leilie...

Mecca
Wait...

Probably.

Chocolate Hog
09-23-2009, 01:40 AM
Dude who gives a fuck the draft was in april it is what it is. I'm not interested in the " I TOLD YOU SO" Like Hootie will play next time hes picked on.

Raised On Riots
Now...as a 24 year old still a semester short from a degree...I'd be willing to bet the small amount of money I have that you have no college education whatsoever...

Now, as a 24 year old who will use his degree for JACK SHIT...I'm not saying college is important (unless you want to be a doctor/lawyer/etc...) but it's just funny a dude that probably makes $28,000 a year is calling me uneducated.

If I were a full time waiter in Chicago...I'd probably make twice as much money as you make in a year.

Food for thought, buddy ROFL

See, you've just demonstrated my point for me. You're equating knowledge with money.

Short Leash Hootie
Probably.

is this a new development?

All we heard all season was Stafford this, Stafford that...

two weeks in and now Sanchez is the franchise?

Hmm...

Chocolate Hog
09-23-2009, 01:41 AM
See I told you this guy has no fucking valid points just "I told you so" except he didn't tell you anything cuz hes a fucking moron.

Count Zarth
09-23-2009, 01:41 AM
I am pretty jealous of Hootie's blowjob harem...

I can't even get a 2nd date.

ChiefsCountry
09-23-2009, 01:42 AM
Sanchez vs Stafford would have been a tough one for me. Sanchez reminds me so much of Aikman, but Stafford has Elway's physical tools. Its kind of hard to pass up Elway for Aikman. Glad I didnt have to make the call.

Mecca
09-23-2009, 01:42 AM
is this a new development?

All we heard all season was Stafford this, Stafford that...

two weeks in and now Sanchez is the franchise?

Hmm...

They were 1a and 1b it was what you preferred. I figured everyone knew I was a big Sanchez guy. Stafford has a bigger arm but Sanchez does all of the little things correctly and has a better "it" factor which is very important to the position.

Chocolate Hog
09-23-2009, 01:44 AM
I said on here Stafford sucked and people said shit about it

Short Leash Hootie
See, you've just demonstrated my point for me. You're equating knowledge with money.

No, I'm saying you calling me uneducated is rich. You are a lackey...you are a cyst on society. You serve no purpose...and you never will. Not on this board, not in real life.

Sucks dude...I'm fortunate to have been born with potential...I've realized over my years that not everyone gets hit with that stick. Thanks mom and dad!

Tribal Warfare
. True or False: The team put up over 400 yards of offense?

Against The Raiders

True or False: Cassel was able to lead to Chiefs to a TD that should have sealed the game.

Their's the counterpoint concerning how he lost the game too by that dumb decision at the end of the 1st half.

Dylan
09-23-2009, 01:46 AM
"Haley was groomed by Parcells. Egoli was groomed by Belichick.

Parcells has been successful everywhere he’s coached. Belichick built a dynasty in New England after flopping in Cleveland.

"We’re two weeks into the Haley-Egoli regular-season marriage. ..."

Source: Jason Whitlock

Who is Egoli?

"Haley’s Tuesday news conference was absolutely fascinating. It was Bill Parcells-esque, not Bill Belichick-esque." ...

Source: Jason Whitlock

Jason Whitlock talks about Haley's connection to Parcells -- Did he ever use column space to examine both Parcells' and Haley's relationship? Just curious

TIA

Chocolate Hog
Against The Raiders

Their's the counterpoint concerning how he lost the game too by that dumb decision at the end of the 1st half.

That was a stupid throw, a stupid play call, and honestly if Savage was a heads up player he would have knocked the ball down. but your point is valid.

ChiefsCountry

You also said that Thigpen was better than Big Ben.

Mecca

Stafford is a very very high level prospect he'd be a top 5 pick basically every single year. He just isn't very polished, his footwork gets sloppy but he has a giant arm and makes some throws that make you gasp.

Sanchez doesn't have that kind of arm but his mechanics are flawless, he had better feet than half the NFL before he ever stepped on an NFL field.

Stafford's upside is bigger but he needs more coaching, Sanchez is a guy who gets "it" and does everything to a T.

Short Leash Hootie
I am pretty jealous of Hootie's blowjob harem...

I can't even get a 2nd date.

I have refined my game to near perfection (with 19 year olds) over the years...

I'm still working on how to deal with actual intelligent girls or girls near my age...those are hit or miss.

The college freshmen...those are easy (and the best)...so until I hit that "creepy" age, I'm set...as soon as I start looking older than a 22 year old...I'll need to refine my game. When girls ask how old I am...I'm 22...24 at a campus bar is just too creepy.

JohnnyV13
Cassel didn't have a good game sunday. Hell, he might be like trent green and have a crumby year because his line and receivers suck.

And, DV's trade for Green wasn't why DV's tenure failed. The problem was the drafts. DV actually had an incredible 2 yeah run of offensive talent acquistion: in 2001 and 2002, the Chiefs acquired Priest Holmes, Casey Weigman, Trent Green, Eddie Kennison, Willie Roaf and Johnnie Morton. The only real bust was Morton, and he wasn't entirely useless as a #2. The other 5 were terrific acquistions.

Adding those 5 to 4 pro bowlers already in place (waters, shields, gonzo, Richardson) + the useful Tait and you had a killer offense.

Vermeil tried to draft a young D, and those picks were utter failures. If we had had even reasonable defensive talent evalution between 01 and 04, DV would have won a super bowl.

Heck, if CP had taken either John Henderson or Dwight Freeney at 6 instead of Ryan Sims, it might have been enough.

Count Zarth
That was a stupid throw, a stupid play call, and honestly if Savage was a heads up player he would have knocked the ball down.

Savage probably trusted his quarterback wouldn't throw him the ball with a defender bearing down.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2009, 01:47 AM
I'd like to see some of the early mecca posts when sanchez first declared...

He was ga ga over Stafford and now that Sanchez is 2-0 and Stafford has looked miserable, he suddenly would have taken Sanchez #1 the whole time...

Seems a bit off to me.

Count Zarth
I'm still working on how to deal with actual intelligent girls or girls near my age...those are hit or miss.

That's probably my problem.

I haven't gone out with a dumb cunt.

I think one is waiting for me, though. One texted me the other night and said "you're too hot to be alone!"

I sense the dumbcuntness is strong with this one.

Chocolate Hog
You also said that Thigpen was better than Big Ben.

haha you believed that?

Chocolate Hog
09-23-2009, 01:49 AM
Stafford is a very very high level prospect he'd be a top 5 pick basically every single year. He just isn't very polished, his footwork gets sloppy but he has a giant arm and makes some throws that make you gasp.

Sanchez doesn't have that kind of arm but his mechanics are flawless, he had better feet than half the NFL before he ever stepped on an NFL field.

Stafford's upside is bigger but he needs more coaching, Sanchez is a guy who gets "it" and does everything to a T.

It's Detroit so I figured they'd ruin him. Fair assumption hiring a defensive coach who plays zone and Gunther Cunnigham.

Raised On Riots

That's how I look at it, the Chiefs made a bunch of "we're gonna be better right now moves"

I don't know if you remember this or not, but when the first wave of vets came in, someone posted the KC Star article saying as much, and then added their own little tag at the end which read:

"Pioli wants to win now"!

I don't know about you, but my first reaction to that shit was, "Uh-Oh".

Mecca
I didn't talk about Sanchez much at all during the season because I didn't think he'd declare, you can find numerous posts where I say I didn't think he'd come out.

Short Leash Hootie
That's probably my problem.

I haven't gone out with a dumb ****.

I think one is waiting for me, though. One texted me the other night and said "you're too hot to be alone!"

I sense the dumb****ness is strong with this one.

I don't want a relationship until I'm 30...

So to avoid slipping into one, I only deal with pretty dumb girls...most of them are awesome in bed, most of them have little self-esteem, and since I show no interest and am usually a complete asshole they always answer my drunk calls.

Win-win for me, lose-lose for them.

Nothing like establishing my male dominance all over their faces.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2009, 01:50 AM
billay makes ROR look like Hamas Jenkins.

he's a fucking moron

ChiefsCountry
09-23-2009, 01:51 AM

He was ga ga over Stafford and now that Sanchez is 2-0 and Stafford has looked miserable, he suddenly would have taken Sanchez #1 the whole time...

Seems a bit off to me.

In all honesty, he never said much about Sanchez at all. If he did it was just the usally USC pile on. But most of the Stafford talk was during the season, when nobody though Sanchez would declare. After it was pretty much a no brainer that Stafford was going #1, all the talk about him just disappered for some odd reason.

Chocolate Hog
I like how I can disagree with Dane & Mecca now without eachother calling names. It's funny usually the ones who have nothing to add from a football prospective are the ones who are name calling.

Mecca
In the end the fact remains if you were wanting to draft a QB it was Stafford/Sanchez because the next couple of classes are not very inspiring unless you're a big Jimmy Clausen fan.

Count Zarth
09-23-2009, 01:52 AM

Neither do I.

I just want a girl to go to movies with, have dinner with, and fuck (cuddling is OK, too, I'm not a complete jerk). If she wants I'll be her "date" to her stupid social events. Good excuse to leer at her dressed up and pretend like I matter.

Nothing like establishing my male dominance all over their faces.I envy you.

Raised On Riots
No, I'm saying you calling me uneducated is rich. You are a lackey...you are a cyst on society. You serve no purpose...and you never will. Not on this board, not in real life.

Sucks dude...I'm fortunate to have been born with potential...I've realized over my years that not everyone gets hit with that stick. Thanks mom and dad!

Okay then. How about "educated, cocksucking bag o' dicks"?

It's got a nice ring, yes? You could run for Mayor on that platform I think!

Short Leash Hootie
In the end the fact remains if you were wanting to draft a QB it was Stafford/Sanchez because the next couple of classes are not very inspiring unless you're a big Jimmy Clausen fan.

The whole Clausen family peaked in high school.

Chocolate Hog
09-23-2009, 01:53 AM

No thanks heres where Pioli works his brilliance and drafts a QB in the late rounds. Nah but really next draft if I were Pioli I'd draft a guy like Suh or Cody maybe Benn. 2nd round I draft a center.

ChiefsCountry
09-23-2009, 01:54 AM

So to avoid slipping into one, I only deal with pretty dumb girls...most of them are awesome in bed, most of them have little self-esteem, and since I show no interest and am usually a complete asshole they always answer my drunk calls.

Win-win for me, lose-lose for them.

Nothing like establishing my male dominance all over their faces.

Grow a pair and go after cougars. They are way more fun that dumb ass freshman girls.

Mecca

He's probably going to be a high pick, he's one of the few talented QB's that's playing in a proper offense.

Then after that you got Matt Barkley in 3 or 4 years, the college spread fixation makes finding a QB harder it's why when you have the shot you can't pass.

Chocolate Hog

You haven't watched him play this year thats obvious.

Raised On Riots
I have refined my game to near perfection (with 19 year olds) over the years...

The college freshmen...those are easy (and the best)...so until I hit that "creepy" age, I'm set...as soon as I start looking older than a 22 year old...I'll need to refine my game. When girls ask how old I am...I'm 22...24 at a campus bar is just too creepy.

Why the fuck am I surprised by this?ROFL

Mecca
09-23-2009, 01:55 AM
No thanks heres where Pioli works his brilliance and drafts a QB in the late rounds. Nah but really next draft if I were Pioli I'd draft a guy like Suh or Cody maybe Benn. 2nd round I draft a center.

It won't matter how brilliant he is if Cassel bombs we'll never win anything.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2009, 01:55 AM
Neither do I.

I just want a girl to go to movies with, have dinner with, and **** (cuddling is OK, too, I'm not a complete jerk). If she wants I'll be her "date" to her stupid social events. Good excuse to leer at her dressed up and pretend like I matter.

I envy you.

you should just get a job at a fucking restaurant (as a waiter/or a bartender)...

I, sadly, have really good people skills (all a front) and it's just...pussy galore. I've had sex with so many people I've worked with over the past 5 years...and always start with a young hostess...because then all of the waitresses get jealous and try to one up her and once the girls start gossiping about so and so fucking you you can pretty much zig and zag your way through the whole staff...and the turnover rate is ridiculous so there are always more coming through...

Chocolate Hog
09-23-2009, 01:56 AM
It won't matter how brilliant he is if Cassel bombs we'll never win anything.

Cassel wont bomb. Even if you judge him off 1 game he didnt play like Jamarcus Russell.

Count Zarth
09-23-2009, 01:57 AM
you should just get a job at a fucking restaurant (as a waiter/or a bartender)...

I, sadly, have really good people skills (all a front) and it's just...pussy galore. I've had sex with so many people I've worked with over the past 5 years...and always start with a young hostess...because then all of the waitresses get jealous and try to one up her and once the girls start gossiping about so and so fucking you you can pretty much zig and zag your way through the whole staff...and the turnover rate is ridiculous so there are always more coming through...

I have terrible people skills. I've asked one girl out in person.

I can't deal with that level of interaction, with that many strangers. I'd be a wreck.

Basically I hate people.

Maybe I could be the busboy with the huge dick. That'd be worth some gossip.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2009, 01:58 AM
Why the **** am I surprised by this?ROFL

uh, you shouldn't be...that's the fucking point, moron.

The smart ones know to stay away from assholes like me that are looking for nothing more than infiltrating their wet hole for a night...

You'll never see me in any friend zone like our resident pussy-whipped halfcan...

Mecca
09-23-2009, 01:58 AM
Cassel wont bomb. Even if you judge him off 1 game he didnt play like Jamarcus Russell.

Ok being as bad as Russell is a bit extreme he can be a bomb and not be THAT bad. The Chiefs picked this guy to be their franchise QB, they chose him ahead of a young QB in the draft.

He has to atleast be a top 10 QB or this trade is very blah.

Chocolate Hog
09-23-2009, 01:59 AM
Ok being as bad as Russell is a bit extreme he can be a bomb and not be THAT bad. The Chiefs picked this guy to be their franchise QB, they chose him ahead of a young QB in the draft.

He has to atleast be a top 10 QB or this trade is very blah.

Agreed but according to the KC media Cassel played like JaMarcus Russell. If only the Royals were held to the same standards as the Chiefs there wouldn't be any baseball in Kansas City. Too bad.

Raised On Riots
09-23-2009, 02:00 AM
uh, you shouldn't be...that's the fucking point, moron.

The smart ones know to stay away from assholes like me that are looking for nothing more than infiltrating their wet hole for a night...

You'll never see me in any friend zone like our resident pussy-whipped halfcan...

My God; you pull so much tail we should all chip in and buy you a "Huggy Bear" pimp suit! ROFL

Chocolate Hog
09-23-2009, 02:01 AM
Raised On Riots, Baby Got Grbac fucks alot of bitches in the el camino

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2009, 02:02 AM
I have terrible people skills. I've asked one girl out in person.

I can't deal with that level of interaction, with that many strangers. I'd be a wreck.

Basically I hate people.

Maybe I could be the busboy with the huge dick. That'd be worth some gossip.

Dude...I don't think I've EVER asked a girl out...I don't even know what that means...I guess when I was in high school I used to get a lot of puss by pushing the limits on AIM...but asking a girl out? Whaaaat?

I also randomly just hook up with chicks at a bar...that's more myth than anything...some guys can do it...but the majority can't...

I hook up with girls I have interactions with...mostly at work or girls I knew in high school...(from a younger class, of course)...

Way back when...when I was 19 and fresh out of high school and a freshmen at ISU...I got my first job at a restaurant and was scared to death of interacting with "strangers"...but jesus christ, I wouldn't trade that job for anything in the world at this point...

Every college kid should work at a restaurant...you learn SO MUCH about people it's crazy...best job I'll ever have.

Mecca
09-23-2009, 02:02 AM
Agreed but according to the KC media Cassel played like JaMarcus Russell. If only the Royals were held to the same standards as the Chiefs there wouldn't be any baseball in Kansas City. Too bad.

I hold him to a certain standard, like I said he's not a rookie, he's not 22. When he makes a boneheaded rookie move he should be shredded for it, that was the entire premise that was used as to why he was better to have than a draft pick.

He should be held to the same standard any other 27 year old QB should especially with his contract and him being the hand picked choice of our team.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2009, 02:04 AM
My God; you pull so much tail we should all chip in and buy you a "Huggy Bear" pimp suit! ROFL

Lets for one minute pretend you actual come off as intelligent or not completely worthless on this board.

and then lets pretend that I come off (and I might) as a complete idiot/douche bag/dick sucker/Jesus hater/etc. etc. etc. on this board.

I will still take me over you and really, if you had the same chance...I'm sure you would also take me over you...but save some face and don't admit that...

Chocolate Hog
09-23-2009, 02:04 AM
I hold him to a certain standard, like I said he's not a rookie, he's not 22. When he makes a boneheaded rookie move he should be shredded for it, that was the entire premise that was used as to why he was better to have than a draft pick.

He should be held to the same standard any other 27 year old QB should especially with his contract and him being the hand picked choice of our team.

Understandable that play was stupid. I wasn't too pissed because to be honest the Nebraska game pissed me off and I figured the Chiefs would fuck up aginst the Raiders thats how its been the past few years. If the Chiefs were more competitive I would have been pissed.

tk13
09-23-2009, 02:05 AM

Well, Hamas wants to be serious, so let's be serious.. {serious face}

I fully agree. You don't spend as much time as you have telling everyone they're stupid and you are right unless you really, really want to see that happen. It's been a non-stop barrage for months, ever since Cassel was brought in via trade. The same group of people have been throwing a fit, 1000's of posts at a time.

And you can't say this stuff because then it becomes a dance about how everyone picks on this person or that person and it's a giant passive aggressive thing. It's exactly like the scene in Good Will Hunting where Robin Williams sits down with Matt Damon at the lake and hits him in the face with reality. I mean I can sit here and banter and argue and joke with you guys, I have fun with it. It's so easy to be passive aggressive and get people riled up using their own tactics, it's all just part of the banter. But either you're running this all as a big joke, which is fine, or you truly would rather be right than anything else. You don't sit here and spend all this time trying to make everyone else look stupid and talking down to them, and do it under the guise of "oh that's how we roll". It's dumb, you aren't proving anything.

But it's pointless to even start to talk about this stuff because like everything else on here anymore, serious discussion turns into deflecting points and people not willing to stand up for the BS they spew. And that's why this place sucks anymore and I just don't care. But times change and that's just how it goes. It's not my cup of tea. I'd like to have real discussion about things. But that doesn't happen. You all sit here and bicker about who's right. We used to sit here and fight like cats and dogs about Trent Green his first season, and it wasn't like this crap.

That's as "real" as I'm going to get about any of that stuff. Because none of you guys wants to be "real", you want to be right. And you can't argue with someone who thinks they know everything. So let's resume the usual 1000 posts of BS.

{unserious face again}

Mecca
09-23-2009, 02:06 AM
I thought I was the douchebag Jesus hater, are you stealing my gimmick?

Dylan
09-23-2009, 02:06 AM
Can we take a moment to answer my questions?

Thanks in advance

And to all a good night!

Chocolate Hog
09-23-2009, 02:07 AM
Lets for one minute pretend you actual come off as intelligent or not completely worthless on this board.

and then lets pretend that I come off (and I might) as a complete idiot/douche bag/dick sucker/Jesus hater/etc. etc. etc. on this board.

I will still take me over you and really, if you had the same chance...I'm sure you would also take me over you...but save some face and don't admit that...

If you were a hot dog would you eat yourself?

Count Zarth
09-23-2009, 02:07 AM
Dude...I don't think I've EVER asked a girl out...I don't even know what that means...I guess when I was in high school I used to get a lot of puss by pushing the limits on AIM...but asking a girl out? Whaaaat?

I was raised to be too nice and too proper.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2009, 02:08 AM
I thought I was the douchebag Jesus hater, are you stealing my gimmick?

talking chiefs football brings out the worst in me...

it's the only thing that makes me angry

I don't think I'm proud of that, either

Mecca
09-23-2009, 02:08 AM
How am I not being real though?

Honestly ask me what you want to know and I'll 100% answer the question. I come off the way I do about some players because I absolutely will not waffle my stance because a guy puts an Arrowhead on his helmet. If I didn't like him before he was on the Chiefs it won't change because he's on the team now.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2009, 02:09 AM
If you were a hot dog would you eat yourself?

you remind me of someone who would see every Tyler Perry movie in theaters...and laugh.

Chocolate Hog
Who is Egoli?

Jason Whitlock talks about Haley's connection to Parcells -- Did he ever use column space to examine both Parcells' and Haley's relationship? Just curious

TIA

Egoli is Whitlocks butthurt name for Scott Pioli. He says Pioli has an ego cuz Pioli doesn't talk to the media.

I don't know I don't read a whole Jason Whitlock article.

Mecca
talking chiefs football brings out the worst in me...

it's the only thing that makes me angry

I don't think I'm proud of that, either

The sad thing is half the time we don't get along yet everyone thinks I'm super cool when I don't talk about football.......and you're probably not that far off.

That is.....twilight zone.

Mecca
09-23-2009, 02:10 AM
I wonder of Egoli is anything like Ecoli?

Count Zarth
09-23-2009, 02:11 AM
The Pioli thing is pretty stupid. He should be judged on the talent he acquires and nothing else.

Raised On Riots
09-23-2009, 02:11 AM

I might let you mow my lawn, but I'm afraid that's as far as it goes.

Chocolate Hog
09-23-2009, 02:13 AM
I might let you mow my lawn, but I'm afraid that's as far as it goes.

I'll mow your lawn for cheaper then hootie

Raised On Riots
09-23-2009, 02:14 AM
I'll mow your lawn for cheaper then hootie

ROFL How about we drink beers and play bones while Hootie mows the lawn?

Chocolate Hog
09-23-2009, 02:15 AM
ROFL How about we drink beers and play bones while Hootie mows the lawn?

We better not get too drunk he'll wanna play hide the sasuage

Raised On Riots
09-23-2009, 02:27 AM
We better not get too drunk he'll wanna play hide the sasuage

Not to worry. If Hootie should get out of line, I'll demonstrate for you the finer techniques and proper implementation of the Sauto Discipline Stick:

http://k-9sportsupply.com/images/categories/cane%20whip.JPG

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-23-2009, 02:29 AM
Now...as a 24 year old still a semester short from a degree...I'd be willing to bet the small amount of money I have that you have no college education whatsoever...

Now, as a 24 year old who will use his degree for JACK SHIT...I'm not saying college is important (unless you want to be a doctor/lawyer/etc...) but it's just funny a dude that probably makes $28,000 a year is calling me uneducated.

If I were a full time waiter in Chicago...I'd probably make twice as much money as you make in a year.

Food for thought, buddy ROFL

Wait, did you just say that you aspire to be a waiter in Chicago?

Trust me, I've seen you post on this website. Even if you get a sheepskin with your name on it from whatever should-be-non-accredited university that's actually dumb enough to keep you on their rolls, you have no college education whatsoever.

Raised On Riots
09-23-2009, 02:33 AM
That one's gonna' leave a mark.:D

Count Zarth
09-23-2009, 02:34 AM
This thread has about three tangents of awesome all going at once. Whitlock's douchebaggery symposium, Hootie's lynch mob and my sex life.

Losing is arguably more fun than winning around here.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-23-2009, 02:45 AM
See Hootie, you like to talk about how you're a sociopath, how you don't care about anything, how nothing offends you, how you aren't ashamed of anything, and yet as soon as you start talking about "Em-Dawg" on here, or whatever that cum-dumpster's name was, and people on CP facebook her, you instantly flip out and try to get people to not talk about her or to edit your posts...and yet you aren't "ashamed".

Later on, you change your user name. Why? Because you claim that people in your family read the site and you don't want them to her stories of your debauchery. Yet you aren't "ashamed" of anything you do.

You're a fucking poser. Plain and simple. There's no other way to put it. The only thing I'm certain of is that you're a sociopath, because only a psychopath would brag about raping a girl that is too drunk to resist, or buying drugs off of a roommate.

If you had all the "potential" that you claim you do, you wouldn't be a 24 year old waiter, still without a degree, at some shit restaurant trying to score ass from the 22 year old hostess with a tramp stamp and untreated chlamydia who's trying to make enough money working split shifts to cover the costs of her last abortion (her third, her ex-bf's second).

Let's be patently honest about something: You are bragging about what you do for a living when you perform the same job that immigrants who can't speak fucking English do at nearly every Mexican restaraunt in the United States. And the sad thing is, they probably do it better than you. Yet you have "potential".

No, you're just a fucking loser with delusions of grandeur, latent homosexual tendencies, an XBox and a drinking/drug problem.

Count Zarth
09-23-2009, 02:47 AM
LOL

Did that Em-Dawg chocolate finger thing blow up in his face?

That is fine CP detective work. Almost as good as calling my grandpappy.

See Hootie, you like to talk about how you're a sociopath, how you don't care about anything,

Ya!

http://exiledonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/lebowski-824.jpg

Mecca
09-23-2009, 02:57 AM
Ok that Hamas post just made me laugh so fucking hard.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2009, 03:42 AM
Wait, did you just say that you aspire to be a waiter in Chicago?

Trust me, I've seen you post on this website. Even if you get a sheepskin with your name on it from whatever should-be-non-accredited university that's actually dumb enough to keep you on their rolls, you have no college education whatsoever.

I totally, 100% agree. Like, 100%.

But...you...you do. I know you do.

And where has it gotten you?

ROFL

I'll take my people skills over your intellectual skills any day of the week.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2009, 03:43 AM
That one's gonna' leave a mark.:D

Why?

He's right.

I have, and will continue to learn NOTHING in class...I don't pay attention and I google my way to get by...I don't read...I don't try...I find it boring and useless...but society says...have a degree, or don't get a job (more or less)...

My degree will be my fall back plan if I don't succeed in what I want to do...

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2009, 03:54 AM
See Hootie, you like to talk about how you're a sociopath, how you don't care about anything, how nothing offends you, how you aren't ashamed of anything, and yet as soon as you start talking about "Em-Dawg" on here, or whatever that cum-dumpster's name was, and people on CP facebook her, you instantly flip out and try to get people to not talk about her or to edit your posts...and yet you aren't "ashamed".

Later on, you change your user name. Why? Because you claim that people in your family read the site and you don't want them to her stories of your debauchery. Yet you aren't "ashamed" of anything you do.

You're a ****ing poser. Plain and simple. There's no other way to put it. The only thing I'm certain of is that you're a sociopath, because only a psychopath would brag about raping a girl that is too drunk to resist, or buying drugs off of a roommate.

If you had all the "potential" that you claim you do, you wouldn't be a 24 year old waiter, still without a degree, at some shit restaurant trying to score ass from the 22 year old hostess with a tramp stamp and untreated chlamydia who's trying to make enough money working split shifts to cover the costs of her last abortion (her third, her ex-bf's second).

Let's be patently honest about something: You are bragging about what you do for a living when you perform the same job that immigrants who can't speak ****ing English do at nearly every Mexican restaraunt in the United States. And the sad thing is, they probably do it better than you. Yet you have "potential".

No, you're just a ****ing loser with delusions of grandeur, latent homosexual tendencies, an XBox and a drinking/drug problem.

Well you made that all sound a lot worse than it really is...

I don't do anything for a living right now...my successful parents pay my tuition and my rent...I simply have a part time job to support my drinking tendencies. Sue me.

I don't think of my job as a job...I think of it as a social networking tool, much like ChiefsPlanet...do you know how many amazing things I've learned from working at a restaurant? How many friends I've made? Like...life long friends?

And yes...I find studying/all of my classes so amazingly boring that the only way I can REALLY give my A effort on an assignment is by buying some Ritalin now and then to help me out...as I have probably the most extreme case of ADHD that any adult should ever have and not be medicated for...

If that is "buying" drugs, then color me a drug addict...since I don't do any other drugs, let alone smoke cigarettes.

And in terms of drinking...I only have time to go out on Wednesday's and Friday's now...it's awful. I have no fun anymore...but hey, I have to grow up someday.

I know you're a smart guy...that's obvious. But lets chat in 10 years to see who is happier...because I have a feeling, behind your pseudo-badass schtick, you're a pretty insecure/unhappy dude.

But you can deflect that all on me by over-exaggerating every little thread I've ever made on this site to get a few laughs from the other immature idiots on this site like myself.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2009, 03:55 AM
I mean...you were the guy who through a drink at a...girl. Even I wouldn't stoop that low LMAO

Count Zarth
09-23-2009, 04:13 AM
That's it then. This thread is going to fire off like a rocket from this point forward.

Hamas landed the opening punch and Hootie, though momentarily dazed, swung right back with a vicious hook.

DING DING DING!

The Bad Guy
09-23-2009, 04:42 AM
Absolutely.

The guy is a national journalist/reporter.

He's got a deal with Fox. He's been a host on ESPN. He's employed by the Knight-Ridder corporation which owns many newspapers across the country.

I don't think there's any way he'd risk his career on a lie.

His career wouldn't be over because he fabricated a dinner story about Pioli and Haley.

I'm pretty shocked that you actually believe the shit Whitlock writes. He's had an agenda from early on and he's continued it.

kysirsoze
09-23-2009, 04:55 AM
I don't think he fabricated that. I wonder if it was a one-on-one, though.

This.

I don't think he's a liar. I just think he overblows the truth. Whitlock is a sensationalist. End of story.

Still, everytime I read Egoli, I want to punch a kitten. That is so f ucking stupid and he is so f ucking insistent on making it stick. Oh my God I hate it.

stevieray
09-23-2009, 07:03 AM

You're a ****ing poser. Plain and simple. There's no other way to put it. The only thing I'm certain of is that you're a sociopath, because only a psychopath would brag about raping a girl that is too drunk to resist, or buying drugs off of a roommate.

Let's be patently honest about something: You are bragging about what you do for a living when you perform the same job that immigrants who can't speak ****ing English do at nearly every Mexican restaraunt in the United States. And the sad thing is, they probably do it better than you. Yet you have "potential".

No, you're just a ****ing loser with delusions of grandeur, latent homosexual tendencies, an XBox and a drinking/drug problem.

:crybaby::

KCUnited
09-23-2009, 08:03 AM
Its worth mentioning that Bill Maas was also all over Croyles infant balls after the Baltimore game, saying that there was no way Cassel would start Raider game due to Croyles performance in Balt. Also, Pioli talked in early interviews when he was hired here how he and Billichick didn't always see eye to eye on decisions concerning the team but work together professionally to succeed.

This is text book sensationalism that fans in every market feed off of and a classic example of why the media gets treated the way they do by this organization.

HemiEd
09-23-2009, 08:05 AM
I think Whitless needs to leave the nicknaming to Phobia.

He should just leave it out all together, as it comes across very juvenile. If he is trying to be credible, the nicknames totally undermine that effort.

I get the impression the honeymoon is over between Pioli and jwhit.

milkman
09-23-2009, 08:11 AM

I was in the same place, and the reality is that I am still pissed that we didn't draft Sanchez.

However, regardless of the argument that Cassel was Brady's backup, and that he did have one year starting in the NFL, the fact remains that he is still learning and will make "rookie" mistakes.

QBs don't really start to fully understand the speed of the game and their responsibilities until they've started a 20-25 games.

It's just the nature of the position.

That is one of the reasons that I was pissed that we traded for him.
He's going to be close to 29 before he really starts to get it, and before we really find out what he is.

All that said, that pass in the flat to Savage at the end of the first half was inexcusable stupidity, even for an inexperienced QB.

dallaschiefsfan
09-23-2009, 08:11 AM
Wow...Whitlock's vagina must really hurt over his lack of access. It seems after unsuccessfully demonizing both Haley and Pioli, he's now trying to invent a wedge between the two? :deevee: That's right...now you're on "Haley's side" of this imagined rift between the two. What a reach.

What's more pathetic? Herm "playing to win" or Whitlock actually believing that this "Egoli" nickname is going to catch on? Seriously. Who else is using this nickname? Nobody. Because it is stupid and childish and smacks of hurt feelings.

milkman
09-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Wait...

I haven't seen mecca's answer yet, but I would have.

OnTheWarpath58
09-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Here's what gets me, Haley and Whisenhunt ended up playing Warner over Leinart because Leinart isn't a downfield passer...we hire Haley and trade for Cassel who is not a downfield passer.

How's that make any god damn sense?

I haven't read any farther than this, but this is exactly why I think these claims by Whitlock have some merit, especially when you hear the words that came directly from Haley's mouth on Tuesday.

milkman
09-23-2009, 08:19 AM

Seems a bit off to me.

mecca has always been a Sanchez guy, even before he declared.

The Bad Guy
09-23-2009, 08:19 AM
I haven't seen mecca's answer yet, but I would have.

As would I.

The guy has it. I know it's early, but he's going to be a special player in this league.

While I don't hate Cassel, watching Sanchez play this way for the Jets makes me nauscious.

TrickyNicky
09-23-2009, 08:23 AM
We should have drafted him, and either held him ransom for the highest bidder or kept him and had Cassel on the restricted tender until we got a better picture of him. That said, hindsight is really nice.

nychief
09-23-2009, 08:26 AM
ryan leaf was 2-0.... lets take it easy.

Christofire
09-23-2009, 08:29 AM
I haven’t made up my mind about Haley. I’ve had only one opportunity to really talk with him, and that sitdown was ruined by Egoli. He talked over the top of Haley the whole night (a three-hour dinner). Seriously, questions were asked directly to Haley, and Egoli drowned out the rookie head coach with fury, arrogance and rants about championship teams being built by playing secrecy games with the local media.

I was embarrassed for Haley and in awe of Pioli’s ego. I’ve covered professional sports for 16 years, wrestled with King Carl Peterson, stood toe to toe with drunken, delusional, hostile millionaire athletes, battled Mike Lupica and irritated billionaire owners.

None of them can touch Scott Egoli.

I love how he goes on a riff about how egotistical Pioli is ... then immediately runs off a laundry list of his own awesomeness in the next paragraph. Whatever.

milkman
09-23-2009, 08:38 AM
I haven't read any farther than this, but this is exactly why I think these claims by Whitlock have some merit, especially when you hear the words that came directly from Haley's mouth on Tuesday.

I think kcunited(?) nailed it.

Whitlock took an off the cuff comment from Haley and sensationalized it, and took a media dinnner and portrayed the interaction in the worst light possible.

I have no doubt that Pioli has an ego, and also don't doubt that he sometimes interrupted Haley when talking, but I highly doubt that it was as glaringly rude and obnoxious as Whitlock portrayed.

I also think that Haley does probably like Brodie's physical gifts better than Cassel's, and should Cassel not progress and begin to play at a higher level, he wuld certainly pull him in favor of Croyle.

But Whitlocok has taken Haley's honest answer and twisted to mean more than what it is.

JASONSAUTO
09-23-2009, 08:46 AM
Haley showed his courage, now it's your turn whitlock.

show all of us some courage...

and kill yourself.

CoMoChief
09-23-2009, 08:48 AM
Treat the media like they're worth something and Whitlock will write great things about you.

Treat the media like what they are, and that's just level above prostitution, and Whitlock will write up some bullshit about you.

milkman
09-23-2009, 08:52 AM
As would I.

The guy has it. I know it's early, but he's going to be a special player in this league.

While I don't hate Cassel, watching Sanchez play this way for the Jets makes me nauscious.

I'm going to go ahead and say it, because it's really been gnawing at me since Pioli was hired.

While I give Clark Hunt credit for going out and bringing in the most sought after GM candidate over the last 3 or 4 years, a guy that has turned down opportunities elsewhere, he wasn't the guy I wanted to see hired.

As a result, I can't help but wonder if we would be better if we had brought in Eric DeCosta (the guy I was really hoping that Hunt would give serious condsideration to), Rex Ryan, Mark Sanchez, and Rey Maulauga, as opposed to Pioli, Haley, Cassel and Vrabel.

I like what Haley's doing, and think in time this team will produce.

But I can't help think, "What if".

I really love the defensive aggressiveness that Ryan plays with.

OnTheWarpath58
09-23-2009, 08:53 AM
o

I'm going to go ahead and say it, because it's really been gnawing at me since Pioli was hired.

While I give Clark Hunt credit for going out and bringing in the mostsought after GM candidate over the last 3 or 4 years, a guy that has turned down opportunities elsewhere, he wasn't the guy I wanted to see hired.

As a result, I can't help but wonder if we would be better if we had brought in Eric DeCosta (the guy I was really hoping that Hunt would give serious condeataion to), Rex Ryan, Mark Sanchez, and Rey Maulauga, as opposed to Pioli, Haley, Cassel and Vrabel.

Thanks for ruining my day.

milkman
09-23-2009, 09:07 AM
I was in the same place, and the reality is that I am still pissed that we didn't draft Sanchez.

However, regardless of the argument that Cassel was Brady's backup, and that he did have one year starting in the NFL, the fact remains that he is still learning and will make "rookie" mistakes.

QBs don't really start to fully understand the speed of the game and their responsibilities until they've started a 20-25 games.

It's just the nature of the position.

That is one of the reasons that I was pissed that we traded for him.
He's going to be close to 29 before he really starts to get it, and before we really find out what he is.

All that said, that pass in the flat to Savage at the end of the first half was inexcusable stupidity, even for an inexperienced QB.

On other thing that should be mentioned, one of the things that many of us had concerns with Cassel with is that he really didn't play well under center last season.

He, like Thigpen, only really began to play well when the Pats went to the spread on about 60-65% of their plays.

So even with his "experience", he is still learning, and while he didn't play great, he did show he has made some improvement is learning to play under center.

milkman
09-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Thanks for ruining my day.

I am here to serve.

Chiefnj2
09-23-2009, 09:25 AM
I think kcunited(?) nailed it.

Whitlock took an off the cuff comment from Haley and sensationalized it, and took a media dinnner and portrayed the interaction in the worst light possible.

I have no doubt that Pioli has an ego, and also don't doubt that he sometimes interrupted Haley when talking, but I highly doubt that it was as glaringly rude and obnoxious as Whitlock portrayed.

I also think that Haley does probably like Brodie's physical gifts better than Cassel's, and should Cassel not progress and begin to play at a higher level, he wuld certainly pull him in favor of Croyle.

But Whitlocok has taken Haley's honest answer and twisted to mean more than what it is.

Even Gretz concedes that Haley started the seeds of a QB controversy. It's not just Whitlock.

OnTheWarpath58
09-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Even Gretz concedes that Haley started the seeds of a QB controversy. It's not just Whitlock.

I saw the a snippet of the AP story on CBS Sports with the title, "Cassel to start, but on a leash" well before Whitlock or anyone else commented on it.

Hell, it's gone national now.

htismaqe
09-23-2009, 09:43 AM

To be fair, Haley didn't START anything. This was being talked about nationally at HALFTIME of the Baltimore game.

That being said, Haley certainly hasn't done anything to prevent those seeds from sprouting. He could have squashed it instantly, but he didn't.

Otter
09-23-2009, 09:46 AM

While I give Clark Hunt credit for going out and bringing in the most sought after GM candidate over the last 3 or 4 years, a guy that has turned down opportunities elsewhere, he wasn't the guy I wanted to see hired.

As a result, I can't help but wonder if we would be better if we had brought in Eric DeCosta (the guy I was really hoping that Hunt would give serious condsideration to), Rex Ryan, Mark Sanchez, and Rey Maulauga, as opposed to Pioli, Haley, Cassel and Vrabel.

The only move I question so far is Cassel. As I've been hoping that the chiefs would draft a QB since Montana was behind center and stick with him for 3 years hell or high water before making a decision on whether to stick or move on.

Piolli wasn't the only one drooling over Cassel though and one game isn't even remotely close to fair to judge him on.

No one is more disappointed than me we didn't draft and develop - again - but let's not get ready to break out the torches and pitchforks just yet. It's going to be at least three years before we know what's going to come out of these guys.

Pestilence
09-23-2009, 09:50 AM

Wow.....I wanna cry.

Just Passin' By
09-23-2009, 09:55 AM
Well, Whitlock has successfully stirred the shit pot with another lousy article. It's amazing how little it takes to get the usual suspects trolling along behind his arguments.

MahiMike
09-23-2009, 10:01 AM
That's the 1st article Whitlock has written worth reading in 3 months. I think he's gotten even more cynical (if that's possible). At one time, there was balance in KC; Gretz was the "Yes" man, Posnaski wrote the feel good stories, and Whitlock would be the contrarian. Now, Posnaski is gone and even Gretz is becoming doom and gloom. Guess Whitlock has to turn up the shock to remain relevant.

ArrowheadHawk
09-23-2009, 10:11 AM
Shit like this makes the departure of Joe Posnanski hurt that much more.

Honestly, has anything gone well for Kansas City professional sports in the last ten years?

2000 Wizards win MLS cup.

Otter
09-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Another angle to take from all this: Whitlock's job is at stake with Pioli not giving him inside access.

How far would you be willing to go and how much shit would you be willing to stir to keep your lively hood? I'd be willing to bet one of your guys testicles that's a factor here as well.

milkman
09-23-2009, 10:44 AM

He essentially sewed the seeds because he remained true to his mantra, the one he has consistently followed since he took this job, that no one's job is safe if they don't perform.

Anything less from Haley is his discussion of Cassel would have been every bit as controversial.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Another angle to take from all this: Whitlock's job is at stake with Pioli not giving him inside access.

How far would you be willing to go and how much shit would you be willing to stir to keep your lively hood? I'd be willing to bet one of your guys testicles that's a factor here as well.

No fucking way.

The Kansas City Star has a sportswriter that's constantly on the national stage. Why would they fire him because he couldn't penetrate the new Arrowhead regime in the first 9 months?

That's as ridiculous as firing Haley after game two.

Chiefnj2
09-23-2009, 10:45 AM
He essentially sewed the seeds because he remained true to his mantra, the one he has consistently followed since he took this job, that no one's job is safe if they don't perform.

Anything less from Haley is his discussion of Cassel would have been every bit as controversial.

No it wouldn't. QB is always different.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 10:46 AM

I still can't and won't believe this "sacred cow" bullshit until Niswanger and Goff are replaced.

How they remain on the team (let alone as starters) is beyond my ability to comprehend.

keg in kc
09-23-2009, 10:47 AM
No ****ing way.

The Kansas City Star has a sportswriter that's constantly on the national stage. Why would they fire him because he couldn't penetrate the new Arrowhead regime in the first 9 months?

That's as ridiculous as firing Haley after game two.It would be quite a precedent. It's not like he's ever been fired before.

Otter
09-23-2009, 10:48 AM
No ****ing way.

That's as ridiculous as firing Haley after game two.

You don't think not having the access to Chiefs that Whitlock used to under Carl Peterson makes him more expendable at The Star and frustrates him into writing these articles?

milkman
09-23-2009, 10:49 AM
The only move I question so far is Cassel. As I've been hoping that the chiefs would draft a QB since Montana was behind center and stick with him for 3 years hell or high water before making a decision on whether to stick or move on.

Piolli wasn't the only one drooling over Cassel though and one game isn't even remotely close to fair to judge him on.

No one is more disappointed than me we didn't draft and develop - again - but let's not get ready to break out the torches and pitchforks just yet. It's going to be at least three years before we know what's going to come out of these guys.

My "What if?" is more directed at the way in which Ryan is calling plays for that defense.

He is taking names and asking questions later.

You may beat him, but he's going to go down swinging.

Add the fact that Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard both siged with the Jets primarily because of Ryan.

But it starts at the top.

If we had hired Eric DeCosta, this offseason would have been significantly different.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 10:50 AM
It would be quite a precedent. It's not like he's ever been fired before.

If Whitlock were to be fired by the KC Star for his coverage or non-coverage of the Chiefs, he'd be out of a job for about 60 seconds.

The guy has gone national and has been national for years.

The Star will never replace a guy like that (or Posnanski for that matter).

Kent Babb?

LMAO

OnTheWarpath58
09-23-2009, 10:50 AM
You don't think not having the access to Chiefs that Whitlock used to under Carl Peterson makes him more expendable at The Star and frustrates him into writing these articles?

Coming from someone that thinks Whitlock is as overrated as they come in the field of journalism, I still have to say no.

Is he pissed they are making his job more difficult?

No doubt.

Is he making shit up and publishing it to "get back" at them for it?

Fuck no. That's ridiculous.

keg in kc
09-23-2009, 10:52 AM
If Whitlock were to be fired by the KC Star for his coverage or non-coverage of the Chiefs, he'd be out of a job for about 60 seconds.

Kent Babb?I don't think he's at risk of being fired. But he does go though jobs like plates of ribs.

I'm not sure how much longer the Star's going to exist, but that's another thread.

One question for me has always been why Whitlock is national. What does he really do that makes him notable? He was never particularly good on the radio, he's not particularly notable as a writer. He's just sort of...there. Probably one of those "'who you know' as opposed to 'what you know'" situations.

milkman
09-23-2009, 10:53 AM

In a stable QB situation, then yes it is different.

This, however, is not a stable situation.

And even if it were different, do you really believe that Whitlock, with his agenda to forward, wouldn't have written an article lambasting Haley for going with Cassel and telling us it's all about the contract, even though Croyle is the better QB?

I'm not saying that Croyle is the better QB, because I happen to agree with Hootie, that Croyle plays tentative and scared.

I'm saying that's how Whitlock would paint it.

Otter
09-23-2009, 10:54 AM

Kent Babb?

LMAO

If Whitlock is such a great national talent and didn't need KC Star why didn't he leave for greener pastures?

milkman
09-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Coming from someone that thinks Whitlock is as overrated as they come in the field of journalism, I still have to say no.

Is he pissed they are making his job more difficult?

No doubt.

Is he making shit up and publishing it to "get back" at them for it?

**** no. That's ridiculous.

I don't think he's making shit up.

I do, however, think he is generuosly embellishing.

OnTheWarpath58
09-23-2009, 11:02 AM

I do, however, think he is generuosly embellishing.

So we've come full circle.

Is Croyle "Haley's guy" and is Cassel "Pioli's guy"?

Or is he just making this up?

keg in kc
09-23-2009, 11:02 AM

I do, however, think he is generuosly embellishing.Clearly.

I also think if there was more to this 'ego' business, there'd be a whole mob of stories about it, not just a lone torch-wielding Whitlock.

I said a while back I think that he's just locked into an adversarial role with whoever the KC GM is; I don't think he knows how to do anything else. The words 'one-trick pony' come to mind.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 11:03 AM
If Whitlock is such a great national talent and didn't need KC Star why didn't he leave for greener pastures?

For many people, it's a lot more fun to be a big fish in a little pond as opposed to the alternative.

KCUnited
09-23-2009, 11:04 AM
I said a while back I think that he's just locked into an adversarial role with whoever the KC GM is; I don't think he knows how to do anything else.
Exactly how I feel.

Coogs
09-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Anybody remember this article after the first pre-season game...

Seeds have been planted for a QB controversy
JASON WHITLOCK COMMENTARY

Haley shows some courage Haley’s coaching performance was embarrassing Something’s the matter with Kansas Seeing Reesing will be awkward after falling for Blaine Hard to know what to think after weird Chiefs game Haley and Pioli talk tough; Ravens play too tough Missouri’s Gabbert is the new QB love of my life MU’s Gabbert worth gushing over These quarterbacks are terrible Haley’s timing off on firing Chiefs’ Thigpen shows he’s no Gannon Early fame, pressure can crush young athletes like Beasley Vikings using Favre to play political football Shoddy offensive line will hold Chiefs back Seeds have been planted for a QB controversy Haley’s punishment of Bowe hurts Chiefs instead In sports, image is everything There’s no collusion against Michael Vick Thomas' Hall of Fame enshrinement is our Lombardi Trophy Chiefs may find turning wrong to right is hard thing to do Goodell shouldn’t punish Vick Hopes of miracle finish for Tom get Turnburied A Watson win could hurt golf’s credibility Cassel has Moss to thank for his good fortune Black athletes shouldn’t be excused for racial hypocrisy Brown may be the Chiefs' Rodney Harrison Blame the NCAA and NBA for Henry-KU drama Michael Jackson’s music touched us all K-State’s golden era tarnished by financial audit Jackson proves he is a championship coach You don’t need a legitimate backup to manufacture a quarterback controversy.

What you need is an overpriced starter, a reckless head coach, a frustrated fan base and bored, ratings-starved journalists and broadcasters.

Without question, the necessary ingredients are in play in Kansas City.

OK, Matt Cassel, The Sixty Million Dollar Man, is the Chiefs’ unquestioned starting quarterback. First-time head coach Todd Haley might be disappointed by Cassel’s training-camp play, but Cassel and his bionic contract will take the opening snap on opening day.

Brodie Croyle is not going to beat out The Sixty Million Dollar Man. Haley’s lip-flapping about all positions being competitive is just that — meaningless lip-flapping.

That does not mean we won’t be treated to a quarterback controversy.

The seeds have been planted, and they can take root tonight when the Chiefs take on the Minnesota Vikings in KC’s second preseason game.

Thanks to Haley’s immature decision to play Kansas City’s best offensive player, receiver Dwayne Bowe, with the second unit last weekend, the door has been opened for reporters, fans and players to wonder about The Sixty Million Dollar Man.

Haley followed up Cassel’s mediocre performance against the Texans by acknowledging that Cassel has done nothing to distinguish himself from the Chiefs’ injury-prone, winless former quarterback of the future, Brodie Croyle.

You can call me a pot-stirrer, but Haley brought the pot from the pantry and placed it on the stove. Forgive me for reaching to turn the fire on.

We can put the pot away if Cassel puts together a decent showing tonight against one of the league’s top defenses.

Oh, boy. Cassel’s first important game in a Chiefs uniform is at the Metrodome on Brett Favre Night, featuring Jared Allen, The Williams Wall and Vikings fans believing tonight is the launching of their Super Bowl bandwagon.

Oh, boy. Quarterback controversies start out tiny, build a life of their own and become these all-encompassing, massive, uncontrollable snowballs.

It’s tiny right now. All it will take is a tiny nudge to get this thing really rolling.

I can’t for the life of me understand why Haley sent The Sixty Million Dollar Man out into Arrowhead Stadium without his best weapon. It was foolish.

Did ABC ever send Steve Austin out on camera without his bionic right arm and left eye? If the network had, the show would’ve been called The Two Million Dollar Man.

Matt Cassel without a No. 1 or No. 2 receiver is a career backup. What we might learn this season is that Matt Cassel without Randy Moss and Wes Welker is a career backup.

We’ll have a little bit more information after tonight’s game. We might get an early indication on whether The Sixty Million Dollar Man is overpriced.

If he is, that’s a strike against Scott Pioli, not Todd Haley. Pioli masterminded the Cassel acquisition.

Last week, when Bowe made Brodie Croyle look like a competent NFL quarterback, I wondered what Pioli thought of Bowe’s use. More than likely, Pioli agreed with Haley’s get-tough policy with Bowe.

But there’s a chance Pioli was most interested in how Bowe’s use influenced the play of the quarterback Pioli sweet-talked Clark Hunt into giving $30 million in guarantees.

Football teams operate like every other business. The people in charge largely do what’s in their own best interest. If they hire someone and their credibility is attached to the new hire’s success, then they’ll do whatever is ethical or unethical to see that their new hire shines.

If it would help Cassel, Pioli would spring O.J. Simpson from the joint and line him up 7 yards deep. It’s hard for me to believe that Pioli thinks Bowe’s practice habits are so poor that the only way to get him to perform is demote him to third team, especially when The Sixty Million Dollar Man is stuck throwing to Terrance Copper.

Cassel doesn’t need to post big numbers tonight. He just has to sustain a drive or two, put a couple of field goals on the board. The Minnesota defense is really good. And the Metrodome is going to be electric with Favre in the house.

milkman
09-23-2009, 11:08 AM
So we've come full circle.

Is Croyle "Haley's guy" and is Cassel "Pioli's guy"?

Or is he just making this up?

I think I've said this already.

Reading Haley's comments on Croyle in the last few weeks, I think he really likes his physical ability, and would love to get him to play at a level that his physical ability would suggest he can play at.

However, I think we've seen enough of his flip flopping of Croyls and Thigpen on the depth chart during TC and preseason, to make the guess, and mind, I did say guess, that Croyle is still making enough mistakes that Haley isn't yet ready to trust him on a full time basis.

If Croyle progresses, and Cassel continues to make poor decisions on the field, then this might actually becaome a legitimate question.

But right now, I don't think that Brodie has done enough to be "Haley's guy".

Otter
09-23-2009, 11:09 AM
For many people, it's a lot more fun to be a big fish in a little pond as opposed to the alternative.

I think you highly overestimate his value on the free market and he's trying to leverage his way into the locker room with these articles in order to try and maintain some kind of value within the Chiefs and to a lesser extent at KC Star.

mlyonsd
09-23-2009, 11:12 AM
The bad thing about Carl is he could never prove Whitlock was an idiot.

I'm thinking Pioli eventually will.

milkman
09-23-2009, 11:12 AM
I think you highly overestimate his value on the free market and he's trying to leverage his way into the locker room with these articles in order to try and maintain some kind of value within the Chiefs and to a lesser extent at KC Star.

I think you underestimate Whitlock's value.

He's not afraid to say stupid shit, and unfortunately, in our society today, stupid sells.

Otter
09-23-2009, 11:24 AM
I think you underestimate Whitlock's value.

He's not afraid to say stupid shit, and unfortunately, in our society today, stupid sells.

Wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong but that's how I see it.

FringeNC
09-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Unless Whitlock or any of the other writers who are suggesting a QB have inside information, and are not basing the idea of a QB controversy solely on Haley's press conference comments, this is all a joke.

It's evident that Pioli/Haley want to create an atmosphere where no one feels overly contented with his position/standing. That's all.

Given the free pass Herm received for years, and the immediate heat on the new guys, one has to ask if Whitlock is in fact a racist. Bizarre behavior.

ChiefsCountry
09-23-2009, 11:49 AM
Given the free pass Herm received for years, and the immediate heat on the new guys, one has to ask if Whitlock is in fact a racist.

No I think it comes from Herm was a moron, that was a given where Pioli has came in and acting like the big shit from moment one and hasn't done anything. Everybody knew Herm sucked and the team was in complete rebuild flux. No use in beating a dead horse there over and over again.

htismaqe
09-23-2009, 11:50 AM

Not always it's not. It's only different when you KNOW you have THE QB for your team. It's obvious that we don't.

BigChiefFan
09-23-2009, 11:51 AM
How is replacing 30 players doing NOTHING?

FringeNC
09-23-2009, 11:52 AM
No I think it comes from Herm was a moron, that was a given where Pioli has came in and acting like the big shit from moment one and hasn't done anything. Everybody knew Herm sucked and the team was in complete rebuild flux. No use in beating a dead horse there over and over again.

So he's fair game to bash at 0-2 because he's arrogant?

dirk digler
09-23-2009, 11:54 AM

What? So I guess winning 3 SB wins means he hasn't done anything?

ChiefsCountry
09-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Oh darn he replaced 30 practice squad scrubs. It wasnt that impressive what he has done. He can keep thumping his chest about replacing crapola which all the Chiefs did last year was try to build a young core and see if any of the practice squad cuts could blossom into something.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 12:04 PM

And I think you highly underestimate his value.

Hell, a thread here alone generates in excess of 500 replies and many have gone beyond 1,000.

The guy is controversial. Name a columnist today that isn't controversial. It's the name of the game.

And furthermore, you don't see other columnists across the country from other cities appear on Oprah, fill-in at ESPN, work for AOL, Fox and write weekly columns.

Face it: The dude is in demand and right so. Whether you agree with his positions or not.

KCtotheSB
09-23-2009, 12:08 PM

Hell, a thread here alone generates in excess of 500 replies and many have gone beyond 1,000.

The guy is controversial. Name a columnist today that isn't controversial. It's the name of the game.

And furthermore, you don't see other columnists across the country from other cities appear on Oprah, fill-in at ESPN, work for AOL, Fox and write weekly columns.

Face it: The dude is in demand and right so. Whether you agree with his positions or not.

Awesome.
Get him the **** away from my team.

Chiefnj2
09-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Awesome.
Get him the **** away from my team.

Don't read his articles.

Raised On Riots
09-23-2009, 12:10 PM
As would I.

While I don't hate Cassel, watching Sanchez play this way for the Jets makes me nauseous.

Jets fans are some of the most jaded fans in the NFL. And now, when I receive reply notices from one of their forums I frequent, it's wall to wall genuine optimism across the board. And rightly so. It's sickening. :)

Just Passin' By
09-23-2009, 12:20 PM

ESPN fired Whitlock.

Chief Henry
09-23-2009, 12:22 PM
jesus, it's like a 13 yr old girl...

I was thinking jr.highish myself.

Otter
09-23-2009, 12:53 PM
ESPN fired Whitlock.

I thought he was in demand...where's all these media giants at begging him to sign up? He's desperately trying to get back in the door of what success he had and sounding like a little bitch in the meantime.

He's in demand about as much as Herm Edwards.

Dylan
09-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Egoli is Whitlocks butthurt name for Scott Pioli. He says Pioli has an ego cuz Pioli doesn't talk to the media.

I don't know I don't read a whole Jason Whitlock article.

Wow. ... Whitlock's behavior is shocking to say the least.

Scott Pioli has had many one-on-one interviews between sportscasters and sports reporters, led by sports section front of the Boston Globe.

There's no shortage of quality journalism -- Pioli has a keen appreciation with choosing journalists who have an intelligence of getting the very best out of people.

Thank you for your response

mylittlepony
09-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Whitlock is a hack of mountainous proportions.

He has a personal agenda to push.

He thinks that the media should get some kind of special treatment, and since Pioli isn't giveng him that treatment, he reaches, draws conclusions with only the most minimal info to support those reaches.

He's the worst columnist I've ever read, and has been since the first time I saw his weak ass material.

I dont understand why the thread went on after this post. Close thread, nothing more to say. Rep. :clap:

*edit couldnt rep had reped milkman to much*

DaWolf
09-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Let me put this out there and I would love an answer, especially from Whitlock.

If Pioli has such a big ego, how come he was content to sit back all those years and let Bellichick take the credit, all the while never seeking the spotlight or running to the numerous big money offers that came his way to take over an organization? That really doesn't strike me as very egotistical...

keg in kc
09-23-2009, 01:11 PM
We could do a whole string of those questions.

If Pioli has such a big ego, how come he is content to sit back and let Haley be the face of the team, all the while never seeking the spotlight? That really doesn't strike me as very egotistical...

T-post Tom
09-23-2009, 01:18 PM
non sequitur
non se·qui·tur
Pronunciation: \ˈnän-ˈse-kwə-tər also -ˌtu̇r\
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin, it does not follow
Date: 1540

1 : an inference that does not follow from the premises.

Example: "Tuesday, as I listened to Haley discuss his QBs, I had to admit Billy Bob knew something." ~ Whitlock

DaWolf
09-23-2009, 01:20 PM

If Pioli has such a big ego, how come he is content to sit back and let Haley be the face of the team, all the while never seeking the spotlight? That really doesn't strike me as very egotistical...

Has anyone posted this here BTW? I thought it was an interesting read, but I'm sure it's made the rounds here before:

Management Secrets of the New England Patriots (http://books.google.ca/books?id=F1QaIuwOY_gC&lpg=PP1&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q=&f=false)

Do the first few paragraphs on page 5 and 6 strike anyone as pretty deja vu?

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="border:0px" src="http://books.google.ca/books?id=F1QaIuwOY_gC&lpg=PP1&pg=PP1&output=embed" width=500 height=500></iframe>

T-post Tom
09-23-2009, 01:23 PM

This. It seems like Carl was "the face" of the franchise. More than the HC or owner. "Jared Allen is a player at risk." "I guess I'm a tough son-of-a-bitch." yada yada yada Haven't seen ANY of this from Pioli. In my estimation, his comments have been appropriate for a GM and they were given at appropiate times.

KCtotheSB
09-23-2009, 01:42 PM

I've listened to 2-3 Pioli interviews and I never do get the feeling he's trying to do anything more than build a winner here in Kansas City for years to come HIS way. That way never came off as "egotistical", but more like "I know what I want and how to do it" (whatever word you can sum that up in :) ).

FringeNC
09-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Unlike Carl, I just don't think Pioli cares much what Whitlock or anyone else writes about him. Makes him a hard target for Whitlock, because Pioli won't publicly respond. Pioli probably cares just enough to freeze Whitlock out more than he already is. Actually, this seems like terrible strategy for Whitlock if he cares anything about access. Whitlock is effectively Nick Athan now, complete with lies and made-up conspiracy theories.

DaWolf
09-23-2009, 02:05 PM
Unlike Carl, I just don't think Pioli cares much what Whitlock or anyone else writes about him. Makes him a hard target for Whitlock, because Pioli won't publicly respond. Pioli probably cares just enough to freeze Whitlock out more than he already is. Actually, this seems like terrible strategy for Whitlock if he cares anything about access. Whitlock is effectively Nick "Assclown" Athan now, complete with lies and made-up conspiracy theories.
Whitlock has never cared about access. He's a columnist so his job is to speculate and stir the pot. His only sources on anything have always been disgruntled players...

dallaschiefsfan
09-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Has anyone posted this here BTW? I thought it was an interesting read, but I'm sure it's made the rounds here before:

Management Secrets of the New England Patriots (http://books.google.ca/books?id=F1QaIuwOY_gC&lpg=PP1&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q=&f=false)

Do the first few paragraphs on page 5 and 6 strike anyone as pretty deja vu?

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="border:0px" src="http://books.google.ca/books?id=F1QaIuwOY_gC&lpg=PP1&pg=PP1&output=embed" width=500 height=500></iframe>

Never seen this before. Thanks for posting. Eerily similar beginnings. Would love to have their story play out in our case...but think not convinced it will happen as quickly as it did for the Pats.

Just Passin' By
09-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Never seen this before. Thanks for posting. Eerily similar beginnings. Would love to have their story play out in our case...but think not convinced it will happen as quickly as it did for the Pats.

I wouldn't expect it to. New England had more talent to start with, and a lot of that talent was brought in by Parcells, so it had a mindset along the lines of what Belichick was looking for. The cupboard in K.C. was all but bare.

ChiefsCountry
09-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Only reason New England won bc Brady emerged as the next Joe Montana. Belicheck and Pioli should be sending Dick Rehbein a freaking royalty check every freaking day for what he gave them. Not to mention the all mighty Parcells has never won crap without Bellicheck at his side and not to mention all the others that have came out from the Belicheck tree havent either. Its Bill and Brady, thats the secert right there.

PS I will say that Brady is struggling right now is letting that knee injury get to him. He is thinking about it too much.

Saccopoo
09-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Whitlock's next column:

klansdgonnalknvoiriunbfkdjhgsjdbnfreiunrsuinudhfgklndjsvblnuseinsldifunlsdkfghlnreinbbhgfdlkxjhgsliu ngilunsilbnlkgnlesroaijerigitughghitunbsnsthjtihinrtbirtunbirtundsnfghkleriguneirungirungiunsbigutrn guirngieuarhuiebgaernw8hjnbkrntiohjseroibgsnbsionfbkjnsklfgneriosghiubhknseriuhsurnglksjndffdsgkhjsd fghreiuhgkjdklfgnksdfjghhgreriohgiohzndvnbuhdgfuiyrehakjnksjgnkljdfgheriuhsdkjfhgiouerwypwythxlnxcmn gbnreiuhreiuythdkjfbnglksdfhjfkgjyoiuregkljdfghlkjsbndfkgjnslkdjfgyieruytiuehdsljkfghlskdjfghskldjfh glkjsdyioutyreowiubgbvskjbnvxncx,mkseiiueriurehiuhriouhiudfhgkjfghslkdhfkjdfbkgjbklrjhweiurhewgiudfj klhsdkfjhdklsfjhgeriouheruhiuergvdfbnvkjbdsfheiorhpqwknx,jhgkjdhfjkbvjkhyiruhyrieuhdjkfhglkjhsdgfher iouhgeriguhlkfsdjghklsjyteruowiytbllkjhxckljhcvxmbhjsrheioeruwyiurtyedjklsfbvmdsbnfvkjhfsduygiuerhbv lrnseiuruebgruybuysghopiuerhiuowbgkjbndvjkbsjvbiuheoiruhreiuhtiuebngvskvbjsbhoiuehrbIhatePiolijkhasd kjfnkjsdanbvkjhdfgkajhkjhafkjnvniuerhfgsubnvkljsdngfkljhksldjfhgksjndfgvkniuenriuhrziungkdjbnfgkljhd sfgkjhsdfkjgnrneiuwhtieruhtiuherbgjbdfjgbksdjlfghirwuehurehgjkbnvmcxnbv,mbnxcviuseoruighergjhkfldjhg sdhiuhregiuhjbvmfbngkdjlsfbgiuerhgiouerbhgkljdfhgklsdjfhgkhjgreiuwhgsiuerhgiudfhgksjghkdslfjhgkjnbsv iuerhviuehrguhiughfdghlkdsfjghkljsdfdksfjbvm,xcnvmbnvjkhveiruheriuhuhlslsleiruohgoiubrgjbelrhtiouhbd sfgbnskldfjgbkljdfgshiurewhuibhgkljhsdfkgjhdsflkjhgkdjfsbiubnrviouwyteriughvghbdsfjklghlsdfkhjvbneri uhyoiutegjdsfgkjhsdfkljhdfseruioerythdisgfhjxcbnvjgsioerhuovubnsrkjdbnvlkdjfvkndjsieruhguihsiouwiugh rjhgdfslkjbnvjkxbnciuhgreiubgskdfjhgkjsdhgurewbvbenrk,bdnsvneiruhoiuserhiuhsvlkjdfbnjkvbndkjfshgiush guhfdkgjhlkjhereyrtiuhdgsfkjldsbnvksljndfhrkthjriesuhgiubnvlkdfjhgkljshdfg,

TrickyNicky
09-23-2009, 04:01 PM
I do really love the angle that Haley is somehow the abused wife that Pioli keeps answering questions for.

Whit: "So, uh Todd, I see you're wearing a sling..."

Haley: "Yeah, funny thing, I uh..."

Pioli: "He fell in the shower."

Mecca
09-23-2009, 05:05 PM
We should have drafted him, and either held him ransom for the highest bidder or kept him and had Cassel on the restricted tender until we got a better picture of him. That said, hindsight is really nice.

There were several of us that wanted to do that without hindsight and we were called all sorts of names for wanting to do something "that stupid".

Raised On Riots
09-23-2009, 05:10 PM
There were several of us that wanted to do that without hindsight and we were called all sorts of names for wanting to do something "that stupid".

This.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 05:11 PM

LMAO

How many times was this mentioned from February to April 27th? 100? 1,000?

How many times was I called a fucking idiot because of that suggestion? 100? 1,000?

Saccopoo
09-23-2009, 05:17 PM

Only a fucking idiot drafts a guy to "hold them for ransom."

HOSTAGE! HOSTAGE! HOSTAGE! HOSTAGE!

Easy 6
09-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Thank you for your sanity.

I'm as heartbroken as the rest of the pack, but come on people. You knew overnight was NOT going to happen, and we're still entertaining all this negative banter and knee-jerk crap???

C'mon folks, you can't make ice cream out of water, I don't care how hard you stir. Haley is the best coach the Chiefs have had in a while, and he's someone who displays a lot of emotion and wears a lot on his sleeve. Does he yell? You bet. You know why? Cause he gives a shit. And you know...so do I. If the players showed up with half of the passion he coaches with, we'd have a chance.

We made dumb mistakes last week. We're a young, vastly short on talent team in more positions than not, so show some fortitude, this was going to happen. Sucks that it had to happen against the Faid.

Lead by example Todd, godspeed.

Killer.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 06:07 PM
His career wouldn't be over because he fabricated a dinner story about Pioli and Haley.

I'm pretty shocked that you actually believe the shit Whitlock writes. He's had an agenda from early on and he's continued it.

So journalist integrity is dead in Kansas City, so much so that the Kansas City Star now prints outright utter lies?

JASONSAUTO
09-23-2009, 06:12 PM
So journalist integrity is dead in Kansas City, so much so that the Kansas City Star now prints outright utter lies?

how would the star know if some of the things he writes are true? he's not writing news here. he's a columnist who usually writes about his OPINION on things

DeezNutz
09-23-2009, 06:14 PM
how would the star know if some of the things he writes are true? he's not writing news here. he's a columnist who usually writes about his OPINION on things

Opinion based on evidence and research.

If he's falsifying this information there's no question it would come to the surface and he would and should be fired.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 06:14 PM

Jason, he has an editor and the Star does have fact checkers.

There's no way they'd publish a "supposed" direct quote of Todd Haley's like that without it being substantiated.

They could be sued for slander.

JASONSAUTO
09-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Opinion based on evidence and research.

If he's falsifying this information there's no question it would come to the surface and he would and should be fired.

so you think he's not using a little embellishment to create an uproar in the fans since pioli/haley havent coddled him like the last regime?

JASONSAUTO
09-23-2009, 06:20 PM

There's no way they'd publish a "supposed" direct quote of Todd Haley's like that without it being substantiated.

he never said who all was at the dinner. who's to know what ACTUALLY happened. if pioli had actually talked over haley dont you think someone else would come out and say it? why is it only whitlock?

DeezNutz
09-23-2009, 06:26 PM
so you think he's not using a little embellishment to create an uproar in the fans since pioli/haley havent coddled him like the last regime?

Embellishing to me is the equivalent of falsifying information; it's dishonest.

What I think he does do, however, is take small jabs that annoy the fuck out of people, things like Pioli's stupid nickname.

These cause people to overreact, IMO.

keg in kc
09-23-2009, 06:28 PM

They could be sued for slander.I can't speak for anybody but me, but I don't have any issues with any of the pc quotes or how he decides to interpret them, right or wrong. What invalidates his column, and others, in my mind is his repeated use of "Egoli" - I think it's unprofessional, it's one thing to do that on a board or a blog, but he's supposed to be a journalist, even writing columns - and that paired with his effort to portray the relationship of the two as adversarial despite the fact that there's no palpable evidence of it, he's just not convincing me of anything but the fact that he clearly can't handle the new front office's media relations. He doesn't sound like a professional newspaper writer in any of his Chiefs work lately; he comes across more like a impotent jilted teenager throwing a temper tantrum for all to see.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 06:31 PM
he never said who all was at the dinner. who's to know what ACTUALLY happened. if pioli had actually talked over haley dont you think someone else would come out and say it? why is it only whitlock?

So, you think he's a liar, correct?

DaWolf
09-23-2009, 06:36 PM

On the other hand, this is a guy who, in a place where journalists go to cover football games, held up a sign proclaiming "Bledsoe is gay." So Whitlock is not known for his great judgment...

Raised On Riots
09-23-2009, 06:39 PM
On the other hand, this is a guy who, in a place where journalists go to cover football games, held up a sign proclaiming "Bledsoe is gay." So Whitlock is not known for his great judgment...

LMAO Memories...

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 06:39 PM

That was more than a decade ago.

Regardless, does that make him a liar?

JohninGpt
09-23-2009, 06:41 PM
I can't speak for anybody but me, but I don't have any issues with any of the pc quotes or how he decides to interpret them, right or wrong. What invalidates his column, and others, in my mind is his repeated use of "Egoli" ...

This.

The first sentence of his article he's using childish names. I didn't even get to the part where he talks about Haley,...he probably called him "poopyface" anyway.

JASONSAUTO
09-23-2009, 06:43 PM
So, you think he's a liar, correct?

whitlock? yes. i think he makes shit up because thats all he has right now. i think he's upset with the way HE was treated and is now trying to take it out through the paper. he also KNOWS that pioli/haley will never say anything disputing the things he says so he can get away with it... for now.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 06:45 PM
whitlock? yes. i think he makes shit up because thats all he has right now. i think he's upset with the way HE was treated and is now trying to take it out through the paper. he also KNOWS that pioli/haley will never say anything disputing the things he says so he can get away with it... for now.

WOW.

Jason, I think that's absolutely insane.

I don't think there's a chance in hell that this man is outright lying.

You may not like what he has to say and that's fine.

But to lie? He would automatically lose ALL journalistic integrity.

And the Star could be sued for millions.

morphius
09-23-2009, 06:47 PM

Drew has a wife and 4 kids, so I guess that it was most likely a lie that Bledsoe is straight and therefore Jason lied.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Drew has a wife and 4 kids, so I guess that it was most likely a lie that Bledsoe is straight and therefore Jason lied.

So, you don't think he was calling him that name to belittle him? You actually think that Whitlock believe that Bledsoe was gay and was trying to "out" him?

And furthermore, it wasn't in print: It was a stupid poster and he was suspended without pay for his actions.

I fail to see the correlation between the two.

JASONSAUTO
09-23-2009, 06:50 PM
WOW.

Jason, I think that's absolutely insane.

I don't think there's a chance in hell that this man is outright lying.

You may not like what he has to say and that's fine.

But to lie? He would automatically lose ALL journalistic integrity.

And the Star could be sued for millions.

sorry dane. that how i feel about whitlock. he MAY not be outright lying either but he may also not be telling the whole truth. and if you ask around he lost his journalistic integrity years ago. why do you think espn or 610 dont use him anymore? he sucks and isnt always worried about journalistic integrity. he says things off the top of his head without thinking them through.

And how many times has it happened that a HC or GM of ANY TEAM in ANY SPORT sued a journalist, not even that a coulmnist for slander?

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 06:51 PM
sorry dane. that how i feel about whitlock. he MAY not be outright lying either but he may also not be telling the whole truth. and if you ask around he lost his journalistic integrity years ago. why do you think espn or 610 dont use him anymore? he sucks and isnt always worried about journalistic integrity. he says things off the top of his head without thinking them through.

And how many times has it happened that a HC or GM of ANY TEAM in ANY SPORT sued a journalist, not even that a coulmnist for slander?

So, who DO you trust for information, Jason?

Do you have a Tin Foil Hat handy at all times?

JASONSAUTO
09-23-2009, 06:52 PM
So, you don't think he was calling him that name to belittle him? You actually think that Whitlock believe that Bledsoe was gay and was trying to "out" him?

And furthermore, it wasn't in print: It was a stupid poster and he was suspended without pay for his actions.

I fail to see the correlation between the two.

i agree with you here.

on the other note if and when ANY other person comes out and says the same thing about the dinner i will believe it until then...

JASONSAUTO
09-23-2009, 06:54 PM
So, who DO you trust for information, Jason?

Do you have a Tin Foil Hat handy at all times?

chiefs planet of course:D and no on the tin foil hat, but i have been around enough people that are out for themselves enough in my life that i dont trust anyone. ANYONE. Dane being where you are in life i would expect you of all people to understand that

milkman
09-23-2009, 07:00 PM

No, but it clearly shows good judgement isn't one of strongest traits.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 07:02 PM
No, but it clearly shows good judgement isn't one of strongest traits.

Of course and I would never defend such actions.

But it's difficult for me to take the leap from controversial to liar.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 07:04 PM
chiefs planet of course:D and no on the tin foil hat, but i have been around enough people that are out for themselves enough in my life that i dont trust anyone. ANYONE. Dane being where you are in life i would expect you of all people to understand that

Well, while I agree with your main supposition, I've never felt the need to automatically discount a newspaper columnist's writing because I didn't like the implications.

milkman
09-23-2009, 07:05 PM

But how about embellishing the truth?

As I said earlier, I believe that Pioli probably did talk over the top of Haley, but not the the extent that it's being portrayed by Whitlock.

keg in kc
09-23-2009, 07:07 PM
He would automatically lose ALL journalistic integrity.Because those are the first words that come to mind when discussing Jason Whitlock, he who's made an entire career out of calling the GM's of professional sports teams derisive names. Journalistic integrity.

morphius
09-23-2009, 07:07 PM

How is this, instead of asking if he is a liar, ask if people think he is honest...

morphius
09-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Because those are the first words that come to mind when discussing Jason Whitlock, he who's made an entire career out of calling the GM's of professional sports teams derisive names. Journalistic integrity.
And being proud of coming up with the names.

JASONSAUTO
09-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Well, while I agree with your main supposition, I've never felt the need to automatically discount a newspaper columnist's writing because I didn't like the implications.

thats not why i discount his writing, READING his writing for a couple of years is the reason i discount it.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Because those are the first words that come to mind when discussing Jason Whitlock, he who's made an entire career out of calling the GM's of professional sports teams derisive names. Journalistic integrity.

So in your opinion, his columns have no more truth than those printed in Star Magazine and the like?

He's just a tabloid reporter?

JASONSAUTO
09-23-2009, 07:31 PM
So in your opinion, his columns have no more truth than those printed in Star Magazine and the like?

i'll answer this.... YES, he writes a column NOT actual news articles. he is also a whiny bitch. always has been.

Honest question do you read the star much? his columns especially or do you just see the ones posted here?

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-23-2009, 07:36 PM
If people on this board never posted his articles again, it wouldn't bother me in the least bit.

Jason is the next-to-LAST person I would turn to for Chiefs information.

I almost put Nick A above him.

Almost

JASONSAUTO
09-23-2009, 07:37 PM
If people on this board never posted his articles again, it wouldn't bother me in the least bit.

Jason is the next-to-LAST person I would turn to for Chiefs information.

I almost put Nick A above him.

Almost

i think the two are brothers from other mothers IMO

keg in kc
09-23-2009, 08:08 PM

He's just a tabloid reporter?What "truth" are you talking about? He's not a reporter, he's a columnist, and his job is to create controversy, not pass on any real information. Has he ever broken a story on the Chiefs? I'm not sure why you or anybody else would treat anything he has to say in any of his opinion pieces as gospel.

I don't know about Star Magazine, but I think he's about as relevant as anybody who works at WPI at this point.

brophog
09-23-2009, 08:13 PM
I don't know about Star Magazine, but I think he's about as relevant as anybody who works at WPI at this point.

Only Whitlock's crap is clever enough to have become relevant. Can't get that from drinking beers and eating Cheetos while sitting on the couch.

Marcellus
09-23-2009, 08:17 PM

Well, 99% of his columns are basically opinion articles with little "fact" and he has shown a propensity to drive his agenda in his articles. Tons and tons of speculation.

There is a big difference between reporting the news and trying to create and become part of it to further your agenda.

You can't say he doesn't use his column to promote his agenda and a good many of his agendas have been ridiculous.

JASONSAUTO
09-23-2009, 08:19 PM
Well, 99% of his columns are basically opinion articles with little "fact" and he has shown a propensity to drive his agenda in his articles. Tons and tons of speculation.

There is a big difference between reporting the news and trying to create and become part of it to further your agenda.

You can't say he doesn't use his column to promote his agenda and a good many of his agendas have been ridiculous.

here's a guy who's read him

chiefzilla1501
09-23-2009, 08:21 PM
People may hate Whitlock.

But he's the only writer in KC that doesn't kiss ass.

Informed or uninformed, he was the only one to dare say a negative thing about Carl Peterson. Don't we need someone like that? I'd rather read his crap than the kiss-ass crap from other KC Star writers.

Count Zarth
09-23-2009, 08:24 PM

He kissed Herm's ass endlessly.

That's why he looks like a fool right now.

And he loves Brian Waters like a brother.

Brian "I also love Herm" Waters.

Brian "I am a bitch who rarely participates in OTAs" Waters.

Marcellus
09-23-2009, 08:42 PM

Informed or uninformed, he was the only one to dare say a negative thing about Carl Peterson. Don't we need someone like that? I'd rather read his crap than the kiss-ass crap from other KC Star writers.

He is just trying to draw attention to himself by being controversial. He takes a fairly extreme stance in 90% of his articles.

There is a reason JoPo was picked up by SI and Whitlock was canned by Fox and ESPN after little time working for them.

Count Zarth
09-23-2009, 08:45 PM
He is just trying to draw attention to himself by being controversial. He takes a fairly extreme stance in 90% of his articles.

There is a reason JoPo was picked up by SI and Whitlock was canned by Fox and ESPN after little time working for them.

Jason still writes for FOX.

ESPN can't handle him. They can't handle the J-Dub. He's a loose cannon. He can't be controlled. ESPN wants milquetoast writers.

soundmind
09-23-2009, 08:49 PM
I remember about 2, maybe 3, years ago or so The Star's Black Jabba was sitting in for Jim Rome. I listen pretty regularly to Rome's show, it's a good listen for entertainment purposes (especially when Jay Mohr is filling in, that guy should have his own gig).

Whitlock takes to the airwaves like the crashing zeppelin he is, and my immediate reaction is oh shit...please don't say Kansas City. I'm ashamed to be in the same general location as this man. In any event, he's not 20 minutes into the show before he's turned the entire show around on him, and explains that he pretty much doesn't care what he has to say or do or write, he's gonna do whatever brings the money in. Said he "stopped caring about that stuff a long time ago." He hasn't been on Rome since to my knowledge, and I thank the Premier Radio Networks or Van Smack for making it that way (if they had any role).

He's more worthless than a turd sandwich.

DaWolf
09-23-2009, 09:25 PM

Why does everyone either have to kiss ass or rip apart someone? Neither is a trustworthy source if information IMO. I'll pay attention to the person who gives a fair assessment of any situation.

Now I'll agree, and Pioli and Haley already mentioned this, until they win something here, they will not have earned anyone's respect. But I have a suspicion that even if in a couple of years we win the Super Bowl, Whitlock will find something to try to tear down, because that's the only way he can bring attention to himself. It certainly isn't with substance...

CaliforniaChief
09-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Why can't everyone be like the Poz? He's an epic writer.

Still my favorite line ever, regarding Bill Belichick being a jerk:
"He probably giggled through the last 5 minutes of Brian's Song."

chiefzilla1501
09-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Why does everyone either have to kiss ass or rip apart someone? Neither is a trustworthy source if information IMO. I'll pay attention to the person who gives a fair assessment of any situation.

Now I'll agree, and Pioli and Haley already mentioned this, until they win something here, they will not have earned anyone's respect. But I have a suspicion that even if in a couple of years we win the Super Bowl, Whitlock will find something to try to tear down, because that's the only way he can bring attention to himself. It certainly isn't with substance...

Point being...
If nobody's going to hold anyone in KC's front office accountable, somebody has to do it.

I don't care for Whitlock's being controversial for the sake of being controversial. But something tells me if there were more Whitlocks in the KC media, Peterson would have been ousted a very long time ago.

Whitlock isn't even that bad. Compared to New York writers, he's a puppy dog.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-23-2009, 11:08 PM
Doubt it.

You have to be taken seriously for your columns to have any effect.

Jason has no credibility outside of a very small section of KC readers. His columns are seldom (if ever) mentioned by any news outlets I read (WashPo, WashTimes, NYT, LAT, WSJ, BaltSun) and I don't see his stuff syndicated anywhere.

I doubt he'd last more than a few months most anywhere else before they brought in a new columnist (who would probably run up a smaller expense account on food and beverages).

Raised On Riots
09-23-2009, 11:09 PM
Point being...
If nobody's going to hold anyone in KC's front office accountable, somebody has to do it.

I don't care for Whitlock's being controversial for the sake of being controversial. But something tells me if there were more Whitlocks in the KC media, Peterson would have been ousted a very long time ago.

Whitlock isn't even that bad. Compared to New York writers, he's a puppy dog.

QFT. And the radio guys will completely shank your team's taint and make no bones about it.

KcMizzou
09-23-2009, 11:10 PM
Doubt it.

Jason has no credibility outside of a very small section of KC readers. His columns are seldom (if ever) mentioned by any news outlets I read (WashPo, WashTimes, NYT, LAT, WSJ, BaltSun) and I don't see his stuff syndicated anywhere.

I doubt he'd last more than a few months most anywhere else before they brought in a new columnist (who would probably run up a smaller expense account on food and beverages).Here's where they tell you about his ESPN gig... guest host on the Jim Rome sow, etc.

Dylan
09-24-2009, 02:43 AM
I got to go to bed --- To answer one question. the Freedom of Information Act also applies to you, the citizens of the US. In addition, to journalists and activists.

A number of watchdog organizations give citizens the tools and education on how to document media accountability.

I'll post the sites. There's also a sports watch site --

I googled the link below in 2 seconds -- it may not apply and I'll change the link tomorrow.

http://www.socialbrite.org/2009/08/09/freedom-of-information-its-for-everyone/

I'll have to admit, I don't think I've run across a more passionate fanbase, who were more anxious to teach an organization -- either remove the dead weight or else-- Your voices were heard loud and clear -- newsorthy. In spite of little to no help from your hometown newspaper.

Perks always get in the way --without a strong company policy on ethics in journalism -- -------------- I recommend reading the company's sports ethics guidlines -- it's there. Now compare it to one of the top three newspaper of record's guildlines --Bingo!

Journalist steps over the line? Voice it. Oh, and make note of the Web site's advertisers -- and get them included in your campaign -- or else...

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2009, 03:52 AM
Doubt it.

I doubt he'd last more than a few months most anywhere else before they brought in a new columnist (who would probably run up a smaller expense account on food and beverages).

Bill Simmons, who probably has a bigger platform than any sports writer currently going, specifically mentioned his column about Haley's coaching job on Tuesday, said that he watched the game, and agreed with his premise, telling his podcast guest that it was a really good column.

Listen to Tuesday's BS report.

Rausch
09-24-2009, 03:52 AM
I got to go to bed --- To answer one question. the Freedom of Information Act also applies to you, the citizens of the US. In addition, to journalists and activists.

A number of watchdog organizations give citizens the tools and education on how to document media accountability.

I'll post the sites. There's also a sports watch site --

I googled the link below in 2 seconds -- it may not apply and I'll change the link tomorrow.

http://www.socialbrite.org/2009/08/09/freedom-of-information-its-for-everyone/

I'll have to admit, I don't think I've run across a more passionate fanbase, who were more anxious to teach an organization -- either remove the dead weight or else-- Your voices were heard loud and clear -- newsorthy. In spite of little to no help from your hometown newspaper.

Perks always get in the way --without a strong company policy on ethics in journalism -- -------------- In fact, look it up and scroll down to sports -- it's there.

Journalist steps over the line? Voice it.

So...............why do I feel like some guy flipped me a .50 at the shoe-shine booth?...

keg in kc
09-24-2009, 10:12 AM
So Petro on his show this morning, when asked about the possibility of a Haley/Pioli rift over Cassel and Croyle said the following (I paraphrase):

Sure it's possible. I mean, it's possible that Scott Pioli ran naked down the Arrowhead hallways yesterday, too. It's not very likely, but, sure, it's possible.

He also went on to discuss how difficult it was to get any information out of the team these days - and he works for them, remember, running the red zone podcast - and then asked whether it really made sense that there'd be a leak to the media regarding any private conversations between Haley and Pioli. It would have to come from one of the two of them, he surmised, and the likelihood of that is nigh on zero. So he clearly thinks there it's much to it, or to the whole story.

And I'd say if we're going to talk about who has more of a handle on the inner workings of the Chiefs at this point in time, my vote would definitely go to Petro over Whitlock...

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 10:25 AM
Bill Simmons, who probably has a bigger platform than any sports writer currently going, specifically mentioned his column about Haley's coaching job on Tuesday, said that he watched the game, and agreed with his premise, telling his podcast guest that it was a really good column.

Michael Lombardi also wrote a story about Haley - http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Tavern-talk-a-lesson-in-composure.html.

The problem with guys like that are that they aren't there all the time. They're watching the games on TV, like the rest of us, and drawing conclusions from that. There's absolutely NO credit being given to Haley for the times when he's NOT yelling and screaming (and they're numerous).

Heck, look at the picture that actually appears in Lombardi's story. It doesn't AT ALL show a Haley that has no control or composure.

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c117812/media_center/images/rendered/blog/wysiwyg/Haley1.jpg

The Bad Guy
09-24-2009, 10:40 AM

Bill Simmons knows absolutely nothing except for the NBA. His football and baseball takes are just awful.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Bill Simmons knows absolutely nothing except for the NBA. His football and baseball takes are just awful.

That is completely irrelevant to the point that I was refuting.

MCF said that no one mentions Whitlock. That's clearly false, as evidenced by Simmons mentioning him just this week.

The Bad Guy
09-24-2009, 10:46 AM
I hate how pussified the NFL has become. I'm sorry, but if you're making millions of dollars, you should be chewed out for mistakes. If I screw up at my job, I have a supervisor that tears me a new one.

This soft mentality is getting out of control.

I don't care that people yell at these guys since high school. You know why they are successful? Because they had someone yelling at them for the screwups they made.

Haley just coordinated a team to the SB. He was as fiery then as he is now. Larry Fitzgerald credits Todd Haley for why he's a better player. The best receiver in the NFL credits Todd Haley for why he's on the top.

Yet, we want this guy to be a teddy bear? I don't understand it for one minute.

The reason the Chiefs lost 2 games isn't because of Todd Haley. It's because this roster sucks so bad that it's going to take a while before the complete turn around happens.

I just hope he's not laying on the sword for the mistakes Herm and Carl made.

Otter
09-24-2009, 10:49 AM
I hate how pussified the NFL has become. I'm sorry, but if you're making millions of dollars, you should be chewed out for mistakes. If I screw up at my job, I have a supervisor that tears me a new one.

This soft mentality is getting out of control.

I don't care that people yell at these guys since high school. You know why they are successful? Because they had someone yelling at them for the screwups they made.

Haley just coordinated a team to the SB. He was as fiery then as he is now. Larry Fitzgerald credits Todd Haley for why he's a better player. The best receiver in the NFL credits Todd Haley for why he's on the top.

Yet, we want this guy to be a teddy bear? I don't understand it for one minute.

The reason the Chiefs lost 2 games isn't because of Todd Haley. It's because this roster sucks so bad that it's going to take a while before the complete turn around happens.

I just hope he's not laying on the sword for the mistakes Herm and Carl made.

People are generally stupid. It's really that simple.

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 11:11 AM
That is completely irrelevant to the point that I was refuting.

MCF said that no one mentions Whitlock. That's clearly false, as evidenced by Simmons mentioning him just this week.

Ah. I misunderstood your point.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-24-2009, 11:12 AM
I believe my quote was "seldom, if ever".

Please use the whole quote if you're going to refer to something I said rather than twisting my words.

Thank you.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-24-2009, 11:14 AM
People are generally stupid. It's really that simple.

100% in agreement here.

Plus, people tend to hear/read what they want to based on their preconceptions. That tends to skew discussions since a partial truth can be more deceiving than a complete lie.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2009, 11:16 AM
I believe my quote was "seldom, if ever".

Please use the whole quote if you're going to refer to something I said rather than twisting my words.

Thank you.

Simmons mentions Whitlock all the time. IF you'd like, I can also give you a link to an hour-long podcast they did with one another.

Raptor
09-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Not possible. Whitlock is fat.

LOL!!!ROFL

chiefsfan1963
09-24-2009, 11:36 AM
The die is cast. If we win more than 2 games this season it will be something to build on for 2010. Bottomline Haley/Pioli have big a steep mountain to climb.

As I have said in other threads I am more optimistic about next season. I am expecting that these guys can produce a very competitive team next season which means a 10-6 team. This will reduce the negativity around here tremendously. Winning 5 games this season would be a huge boost for the team and go a long way for fans that we on the right course.

Fish
09-24-2009, 11:41 AM
The die is cast. If we win more than 2 games this season it will be something to build on for 2010. Bottomline Haley/Pioli have big a steep mountain to climb.

As I have said in other threads I am more optimistic about next season. I am expecting that these guys can produce a very competitive team next season which means a 10-6 team. This will reduce the negativity around here tremendously. Winning 5 games this season would be a huge boost for the team and go a long way for fans that we on the right course.

Win 2 games? Hell, they could win 2 games with 22 guys off the street....

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2009, 11:48 AM

As usual, you're out of your fucking mind.

How in the hell did your rep turn green?

WTF?

Raptor
09-24-2009, 12:05 PM
agree to disagree... that's cool.. . Cassel wasn't my first choice either but I figured I would at least give him a chance to win me over

+1:thumb:

Raptor
09-24-2009, 12:58 PM
The team sucks did anyone expect Cassel to play great coming of a knee injury throwing to a WR they just signed 5 days before the game?

I agree, but if this pass is being given to Cassel, then Brodie should get the same pass for his 0-8 record. Those teams sucked too. Maybe more.

I don't really care which QB starts. I'm rooting for both of them to emerge as the leader of this team. I just want to win.

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 01:01 PM
I agree, but if this pass is being given to Cassel, then Brodie should get the same pass for his 0-8 record. Those teams sucked too. Maybe more.

I don't really care which QB starts. I'm rooting for both of them to emerge as the leader of this team. I just want to win.

The difference is that you can't give Brodie a pass for his injury history.

Raptor
09-24-2009, 01:17 PM
The difference is that you can't give Brodie a pass for his injury history.

I feel a bit differently. It's a wonder he's still alive with the line he has had to play behind (Cassel too), let alone blame him for injuries.

I do find his durability suspect and he has to prove otherwise. I am not necessarily suggesting that he should play over Cassel, but I think him being knocked for the injury thing is a bit unfair. It didn't Take Cassel long to get hurt playing behind this talent (or lack thereof).

Just my opinion.

JASONSAUTO
09-24-2009, 01:19 PM
I feel a bit differently. It's a wonder he's still alive with the line he has had to play behind (Cassel too), let alone blame him for injuries.

I do find his durability suspect and he has to prove otherwise. I am not necessarily suggesting that he should play over Cassel, but I think him being knocked for the injury thing is a bit unfair. It didn't Take Cassel long to get hurt playing behind this talent (or lack thereof).

Just my opinion.

brodie hass been hurt ever since HIGH SCHOOL, has his olines always sucked?

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 01:20 PM

Just my opinion.

Brodie has been seriously injured almost a dozen times, dating all the way back to high school. The offensive line, at this point, is irrelevant.

It's absolutely fair to knock him for the injury thing. It's part of who he is, for better or worse.

ChiefsCountry
09-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Its never been about the talent with Brodie, his injury history is the concern. He would have been a first round pick out of Bama if he wasnt a walking injury.

Raptor
09-24-2009, 01:37 PM
Brodie has been seriously injured almost a dozen times, dating all the way back to high school. The offensive line, at this point, is irrelevant.

It's absolutely fair to knock him for the injury thing. It's part of who he is, for better or worse.

I disagree, bit it's cool. We can agree to disagree.

Not that I am a professional athlete, but using myself as an example from past athletic endeavors; I've broken bones, torn ligaments, ripped muscles, etc. But in every case, they were fluke injuries (wrong place at the wrong time). I'd call that unlucky, not injury prone. I'm sure many of us have had something like that happen (minor or major injury) and would not consider ourselves injury prone.

If a 300+ pound tackle comes down on you with full force because your OL blew an assignment, I don't know how you blame the injured party for that. Now, if you're being stupid and challenging that 300+ pound tackle running full speed and you're only 200+ pounds, you probably need your head examined.

Again, It's all good. We agree to disagree on this one.

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 01:39 PM
I disagree, bit it's cool. We can agree to disagree.

Not that I am a professional athlete, but using myself as an example from past athletic endeavors; I've broken bones, torn ligaments, ripped muscles, etc. But in every case, they were fluke injuries (wrong place at the wrong time). I'd call that unlucky, not injury prone. I'm sure many of us have had something like that happen (minor or major injury) and would not consider ourselves injury prone.

If a 300+ pound tackle comes down on you with full force because your OL blew an assignment, I don't know how you blame the injured party for that. Now, if you're being stupid and challenging that 300+ pound tackle running full speed and you're only 200+ pounds, you probably need your head examined.

Again, It's all good. We agree to disagree on this one.

OL blow assignments ALL THE TIME, and 300+ pound tackles come down on the QB ALL THE TIME.

Yet QB's don't get injured by that ALL THE TIME. QB's not named Brodie Croyle anyway...