PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Josh Looney: And the starter is...

Coogs
09-23-2009, 03:09 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/09/23/chiefs_insider_blog_let_it_be_heard__matt_cassel_is_kcs_starter/

Chiefs Insider Blog: Let it be Heard – Matt Cassel is KC's Starter

HALEY AND CROYLE COMMENT ON QUARTERBACK SITUATION
September 23rd – 3:01 PM

There was a bit of a stir over the past 24 hours after some of Chiefs head coach Todd Haley’s comments regarding competition at the quarterback position. Today, Haley confirmed what was originally posted in this blog this morning (see first post): There is no quarterback controversy in Kansas City.

“No, there is not a quarterback controversy, ” Haley said. “My message is going to continue to be consistent to you. I just want (everyone) to understand that.“

Haley’s message of consistency is one of competition and dependable play at each position, quarterback included. Croyle echoed Haley comments in the locker room today.

“Matt is the man and they brought him here to be that,” QB Brodie Croyle said today. “I just go out there and try to play. Whenever my number is call, I try to go out there and play. But there is no controversy.”

Mr. Flopnuts
09-23-2009, 03:11 PM
OMG damage control begins!1!1!!!!!!

Pestilence
09-23-2009, 03:12 PM
“Matt is the man and they brought him here to be that,” QB Brodie Croyle said today. “I just go out there and try to play. Whenever my number is call, I try to go out there and play. But there is no controversy.”

STAY DOWN BITCH!!!

Pestilence
09-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Oh yeah....almost forgot.

*cough*Mark Sanchez*cough*

kstater
09-23-2009, 03:17 PM
So wait, Whitless' column was manufactured drama?

the Talking Can
09-23-2009, 03:17 PM
i'm shocked to find out that a fake controversy isn't real...

T-post Tom
09-23-2009, 03:18 PM

How is that possible?

ThunderChief
09-23-2009, 03:25 PM
I don't know about you, but the mixed messages and signals sent from this current regime are causing me some considerable pause.

You know where I'm going, don't you? In case you don't let me do a fast review of just the past day or two. First, we have the news from Whitlock that Pioli/Haley are mixing like oil and water.

Then we have a Haley press confab where Todd states we can "Sign me Up" for a QB that helps the team win with a clear inference toward Brodie Croyle as the guy who, (paraphrasing a bit here), "Does what we ask him to do and executes that plan without turning the ball over against a superior defensive team like the Ravens, etc, etc"

Sounds to me like the controversy might be in the front office! Let me be clear here. I'm not a Croyle advocate by any means. Like most of you, the jury remains out on Cassel as being the guy that's all that. My sense is that the front office and head coach are not seeing the same vision and, if true, that means a longer time period of turmoil before this all gets sorted out and on the right track.

There's pressure for lots of folks on display here. Pressure to crack a facade or forge a new template for future success. Which is which? There's considerable work yet to be done folks. Considerable.

wild1
09-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Who knew the guy making $60 million would be the starter.

Just Passin' By
09-23-2009, 03:28 PM

That's alright. It's spawned hundreds of posts and allowed the same people to bitch about the same things all over again. They just got to do it under the guise of a false controversy.

Radar Chief
09-23-2009, 03:30 PM

:eek:

Mr. Flopnuts
09-23-2009, 03:52 PM
I don't know about you, but the mixed messages and signals sent from this current regime are causing me some considerable pause.

You know where I'm going, don't you? In case you don't let me do a fast review of just the past day or two. First, we have the news from Whitlock that Pioli/Haley are mixing like oil and water.

Then we have a Haley press confab where Todd states we can "Sign me Up" for a QB that helps the team win with a clear inference toward Brodie Croyle as the guy who, (paraphrasing a bit here), "Does what we ask him to do and executes that plan without turning the ball over against a superior defensive team like the Ravens, etc, etc"

Sounds to me like the controversy might be in the front office! Let me be clear here. I'm not a Croyle advocate by any means. Like most of you, the jury remains out on Cassel as being the guy that's all that. My sense is that the front office and head coach are not seeing the same vision and, if true, that means a longer time period of turmoil before this all gets sorted out and on the right track.

There's pressure for lots of folks on display here. Pressure to crack a facade or forge a new template for future success. Which is which? There's considerable work yet to be done folks. Considerable.

I think you were the target market for this entire fiasco created by your local, butthurt, media. It's cool though. It's something to think and talk about for awhile.

Monty
09-23-2009, 03:53 PM
In a few weeks, this won't even be a topic of discussion. Enough of the manufactured drama already.

OnTheWarpath58
09-23-2009, 03:55 PM
In a few weeks, this won't even be a topic of discussion. Enough of the manufactured drama already.

Speaking of "in a few weeks" we have our tickets for the Dallas game - see you then.

Jerm
09-23-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm sure we'll get a Fatlock article tomorrow talking about how "Josh Looney is Scott Egoli's media puppet" or some dumb shit like that.
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
09-23-2009, 03:56 PM

:doh!:

you should meet onthewarpedpath....have an appletini

OnTheWarpath58
09-23-2009, 03:58 PM
:doh!:

you should meet onthewarpedpath....have an appletini

You should probably remove your head from your ass and realize that this story had legs before Whitlock jumped on it.

Both CBS Sports and ESPN posted a story with titles implying a QB controversy well before Whitlock did.

But that would go against your agenda, wouldn't it?

Fritz88
09-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Oh yeah....almost forgot.

*cough*Mark Sanchez*cough*

He is doing so well in NY. Best of luck to him. :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-23-2009, 04:04 PM
How is this any different from a politician saying something off the cuff, it becoming a story, and him turning back to immediately recant it after the next news cycle?

I think we all know that's a PR move.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-23-2009, 04:06 PM
The whole organization is imploding from top to bottom... Sadly, we are doomed.

The only thing imploding is a lazy KC media and a handful of fans.

keg in kc
09-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Both CBS Sports and ESPN posted a story with titles implying a QB controversy well before Whitlock did.Of course they did. They took a one-liner from the press conference and blew it out of proportion.

I can understand the nationals misconstruing it. But you'd think the locals would be paying more attention.

Chiefnj2
09-23-2009, 04:11 PM
Of course they did. They took a one-liner from the press conference and blew it out of proportion.

I can understand the nationals misconstruing it. But you'd think the locals would be paying more attention.

Didn't it start with Maas' report before Haley's press conference?

KCUnited
09-23-2009, 04:12 PM
It certainly wasn't a report, just an opinion.

htismaqe
09-23-2009, 04:16 PM

One of the national networks was talking about it DURING the Baltimore game...

FAX
There was good reason to think that a quarterback controversy was brewing. The problem was that Whittles came up with the wrong reason. He wants you to believe that Pioli is preventing Croyle from moving up to the number one spot.

But in his presser, Haley detailed his history with guys like Vinny, Romo, and that old guy in Arizona and how it was that, at the time, they weren't expected to be the starters, but then they did. The inference is pretty clear; If we had Vinny or Romo or some old guy from Arizona, Cassel would be sitting.

FAX

keg in kc
Didn't it start with Maas' report before Haley's press conference?Maas actually said something about it last week, leading into the Oakland game. The guys on his own station didn't even believe him, although they didn't dog him about it. Maas says lots of...interesting stuff when he's on the air. One of his other gems that day was that Cassel was held out by Pioli against Baltimore and that the injury wasn't as bad as reported, and that there's no way a doctor could ever keep an NFL player out of a game, that 'only a gm could do that'. It was...entertaining.

dirk digler
09-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Shocking that there is no QB controversy. Much ado about nothing.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2009, 04:32 PM
who would have guessed?

WildTurkey
09-23-2009, 04:35 PM
Shocking that there is no QB controversy. Much ado about nothing.

I'm sorry what were you saying? I was distracted by your avatar

stevieray
09-23-2009, 04:35 PM
so much wasted energy....

aturnis
09-23-2009, 04:49 PM

Tell that to Around the Horn and PTI. Idiots. The only one on Around the Horn who had ANY idea what was going on and seemed to have any knowledge of what has been going on with the Chiefs this entire offseason was Jacki MacMullan.

As for PTI, just totally clueless.

aturnis
09-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Then we have a Haley press confab where Todd states we can "Sign me Up"

If Tom Brady gets cut tomorrow, and his knee is fine, every coach in the entire NFL outside of a VERY few, say "Sign me up". Haley only made this comment to let everyone know that noone's job is safe. You have to produce. He NEVER ONCE even SLIGHTLY indicated that Croyle gave the team a BETTER chance to win. Only thing he said was last week after the gave, given a short leash, Croyle gave the team a chance to win. If any of you can read between the lines of that presser, that meant he gave us a chance to win by not fucking up.

I hardly think Cassel fucked up. As I said before, those were two great INT's by Huff. 9/10 safeties in the league will not make that play on the ball and come out with an INT. Especially not two.

OnTheWarpath58
09-23-2009, 05:02 PM
If Tom Brady gets cut tomorrow, and his knee is fine, every coach in the entire NFL outside of a VERY few, say "Sign me up". Haley only made this comment to let everyone know that noone's job is safe. You have to produce. He NEVER ONCE even SLIGHTLY indicated that Croyle gave the team a BETTER chance to win. Only thing he said was last week after the gave, given a short leash, Croyle gave the team a chance to win. If any of you can read between the lines of that presser, that meant he gave us a chance to win by not fucking up.

I hardly think Cassel fucked up. As I said before, those were two great INT's by Huff. 9/10 safeties in the league will not make that play on the ball and come out with an INT. Especially not two.

http://i34.tinypic.com/68u1wz.gif

aturnis
09-23-2009, 05:03 PM
You should probably remove your head from your ass and realize that this story had legs before Whitlock jumped on it.

Both CBS Sports and ESPN posted a story with titles implying a QB controversy well before Whitlock did.

But that would go against your agenda, wouldn't it?

Sorry Warpath, you're wrong. Nobody said Whitlock broke the story. In fact, the consensus seems to be that 810 conjured up this thought. CBS and ESPN only picked it up after they heard local noise about it, and then Haley did a bad job of putting the rumors to rest whilst not destroying the perception he is trying to paint to the players that no one is bigger than the team.

It's a Fairytale.

JASONSAUTO
09-23-2009, 05:06 PM
I think you were the target market for this entire fiasco created by your local, butthurt, media. It's cool though. It's something to think and talk about for awhile.

i agree with you totally here floppy

htismaqe
09-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Sorry Warpath, you're wrong. Nobody said Whitlock broke the story. In fact, the consensus seems to be that 810 conjured up this thought. CBS and ESPN only picked it up after they heard local noise about it, and then Haley did a bad job of putting the rumors to rest whilst not destroying the perception he is trying to paint to the players that no one is bigger than the team.

It's a Fairytale.

I heard somebody on the national broadcast talking about Croyle making "a statement" at HALFTIME of the Baltimore game.

Not to mention the fact that people like Kent Babb were tweeting about Croyle "outplaying" Cassel during TRAINING CAMP and the national media were talking about it then.

OnTheWarpath58
09-23-2009, 05:10 PM
I heard somebody on the national broadcast talking about Croyle making "a statement" at HALFTIME of the Baltimore game.

Not to mention the fact that people like Kent Babb were tweeting about Croyle "outplaying" Cassel during TRAINING CAMP and the national media were talking about it then.

This.

the Talking Can
09-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Tell that to Around the Horn and PTI. Idiots. The only one on Around the Horn who had ANY idea what was going on and seemed to have any knowledge of what has been going on with the Chiefs this entire offseason was Jacki MacMullan.

As for PTI, just totally clueless.

i'm watching it

people are talking about a story that doesn't exist...all you have to do is listen to haley...but that is too much to ask

they should have called it around the warpath....that's how fucking clueless those people are...

aturnis
09-23-2009, 05:13 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/68u1wz.gif

http://www.jankytshirts.com/images/uploads/PSST%20YOUR%20GAY.gif

Get a new GIF.

aturnis
09-23-2009, 05:14 PM

We all know Kent Babb don't know shit about football.

OnTheWarpath58
09-23-2009, 05:15 PM
i'm watching it

people are talking about a story that doesn't exist...all you have to do is listen to haley...but that is too much to ask

they should have called it around the warpath....that's how fucking clueless those people are...

Head is still firmly planted, I see.

Had Todd Haley just gone the Lovie Smith route and said "Matt Cassel is our QB" it wouldn't be an issue.

But when you leave the door wide fucking open by talking about "signing him up" for another QB, and making comments that praise Croyle's performance in Baltimore while taking subtle shots at the performance of Cassel on Sunday, you're practically begging for someone to run with it.

aturnis
09-23-2009, 05:15 PM
i'm watching it

they should have called it around the warpath....that's how ****ing clueless those people are...

Well, ya might need to watch Haley too. He fucks with the media a lot. For an asshole, he has a good sense of humor.

OnTheWarpath58
09-23-2009, 05:18 PM
http://www.jankytshirts.com/images/uploads/PSST%20YOUR%20GAY.gif

Get a new GIF.

Great response. Excellent rebuttal.

Easier for me to say "you're a fucking moron" by posting that than actually typing it.

But since you asked, you are a fucking moron.

Huff made a break on the 1st ball, and was gift wrapped an INT on an overthrow on the second.

If you think those are plays that only 3 safeties in the NFL can make, then you need to watch more football.

aturnis
09-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Great response. Excellent rebuttal.

Easier for me to say "you're a ****ing moron" by posting that than actually typing it.

But since you asked, you are a ****ing moron.

Huff made a break on the 1st ball, and was gift wrapped an INT on an overthrow on the second.

If you think those are plays that only 3 safeties in the NFL can make, then you need to watch more football.

Anyone can make a play here and there, everyone get's lucky. They were both great plays on his part. I don't know many safeties who make both of those plays. Most in the league don't even make one. So whatever. Homo.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Those picks were pretty bad. Philly leads the league in picks, so if a few "sail" on him this week it won't be pretty. Hopefully the knee is doing better and that he doesn't make those mistakes this week.

OnTheWarpath58
09-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Anyone can make a play here and there, everyone get's lucky. They were both great plays on his part. I don't know many safeties who make both of those plays. Most in the league don't even make one. So whatever. Homo.

You must think the league is full of Bernard Pollards if you think those were high-difficulty INT's.

The 1st was a great play, aided by the fact that Cassel locked onto the WR for an eternity, giving Huff time to jump the route. Even average safeties can, and will do this.

The second was thrown directly to him. Right place right time.

But keep implying that Cassel was victimized by the 2nd coming of Ed Reed, Steve Atwater and Troy Polumalu.

milkman
09-23-2009, 06:05 PM
If Tom Brady gets cut tomorrow, and his knee is fine, every coach in the entire NFL outside of a VERY few, say "Sign me up". Haley only made this comment to let everyone know that noone's job is safe. You have to produce. He NEVER ONCE even SLIGHTLY indicated that Croyle gave the team a BETTER chance to win. Only thing he said was last week after the gave, given a short leash, Croyle gave the team a chance to win. If any of you can read between the lines of that presser, that meant he gave us a chance to win by not ****ing up.

I hardly think Cassel ****ed up. As I said before, those were two great INT's by Huff. 9/10 safeties in the league will not make that play on the ball and come out with an INT. Especially not two.

Those easy picks.

On the one play, all Huff did was watch Cassel's eyes and simply step in front of the receiver.

The second pick was an overthrown ball to a midget that was bracketed front and back by defensers.
All he had to do was catch the ball that was thrown right into his hands.

If any safety in this league can't make those picks, he has no business playing in the NFL.

Mecca
09-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Mike Huff is a bust who no one thinks he's good watching someone try to blow him up that he's a rare player that can only make those picks is laughable.

Those were bad passes that would be picked 99% of the time, accept it.

aturnis
09-23-2009, 06:15 PM
You must think the league is full of Bernard Pollards if you think those were high-difficulty INT's.

The 1st was a great play, aided by the fact that Cassel locked onto the WR for an eternity, giving Huff time to jump the route. Even average safeties can, and will do this.

The second was thrown directly to him. Right place right time.

But keep implying that Cassel was victimized by the 2nd coming of Ed Reed, Steve Atwater and Troy Polumalu.

Really. On the first interception, Cassel looks at his first option, looks him off. Goes to his second receiver, plants, throws. He did not stare him down for an eternity. If you watched the replay during the game, Cassel makes him read, then sets immediately, and begins the throwing motion. At that point, Huff begins his jump of the ball from 5 yards behind the receiver. More than half the safeties in the league would have either played it safe and made a play for the man not the ball, gone for the ball and broke it up while dropping it, or the bad ones, would have completely whiffed and looked a fool.

On the second INT, he's throwing to Dantrell Savage down field. You think it might be a little easier to over throw a 5'8" RB? If that ball had been to D. Bowe, it's first down Chiefs. Not only does D. Bowe have the height, but he also knows he has to attempt to make a play for the ball. This INT is as much Haley's fault, for not having the right personnel in the game as it is Cassel's for over throwing a 5'8" RB, with no down field receiving skills.

Not to mention the fact that Huff HUSTLED his ass off to get back to that ball and made the INT while falling/diving forward. Most, and by most I mean over half, of the safeties in the league don't play the ball that well, and come nowhere near an INT.

Mecca
09-23-2009, 06:18 PM
On that first INT what the hell were you looking at?

They showed the replay 5 times and Huff was breaking on that receiver before the ball even came out.

JASONSAUTO
09-23-2009, 06:38 PM
Head is still firmly planted, I see.

Had Todd Haley just gone the Lovie Smith route and said "Matt Cassel is our QB" it wouldn't be an issue.

But when you leave the door wide fucking open by talking about "signing him up" for another QB, and making comments that praise Croyle's performance in Baltimore while taking subtle shots at the performance of Cassel on Sunday, you're practically begging for someone to run with it.

that would have just given people like you and whitlock reason to call him a hypocrite again

BossChief
09-23-2009, 06:43 PM
The more and more Cassel puts overthrows on film, the mofenses will key on it and play for the overthrow in deep coverage.

This wasnt the case on the intercepted pass to Ryan, he just thought he could fit the ball into a tight spot again.

He needs to protect Haleys balls if he wants to continue to start for this team.

htismaqe
09-23-2009, 06:51 PM

And that matters why?

The point still stands that the national media has been talking about Croyle possibly being the starter for WEEKS.

htismaqe
09-23-2009, 06:52 PM

If there's any one thing that you could blame Haley for, it's this.

JASONSAUTO
09-23-2009, 06:54 PM

On that first INT what the hell were you looking at?

They showed the replay 5 times and Huff was breaking on that receiver before the ball even came out.

i JUST watched that play again, cassel looked left first and had the ball in his hands for less than 4 seconds, more like three. eternity??? nope

huff broke on the wr almost the exact time cassel's arm was going forward. it's almost instantaneous

JASONSAUTO
09-23-2009, 06:54 PM
If there's any one thing that you could blame Haley for, it's this.

but that would have been a double standard.

milkman
09-23-2009, 06:58 PM
i JUST watched that play again, cassel looked left first and had the ball in his hands for less than 4 seconds, more like three. eternity??? nope

huff broke on the wr almost the exact time cassel's arm was going forward. it's almost instantaneous

He did move his head.

However, he never saw Huff, who was breaking on the ball as soon as he turned his head and started his release.

It was a poor read and a bad decsion.

Tribal Warfare
09-23-2009, 06:58 PM
everyone get's lucky

Luck is when hardwork and preparation meets opportunity, and Huff seized that opportunity. The "he was lucky" rhetoric is a loser's response.

htismaqe
09-23-2009, 07:18 PM
but that would have been a double standard.

Not really.

JASONSAUTO
09-23-2009, 07:23 PM
Not really.

why not? he has said EVERY position is open. to not hold the QB position in the same standing would be a double standard

Tuckdaddy
09-23-2009, 07:59 PM
What a shock! They trade a number 2 for him and pay him 28 mil guranteed and he's the man? This is really stunning.

C-Mac
09-23-2009, 08:11 PM

Surely you jess.......

aturnis
09-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Luck is when hardwork and preparation meets opportunity, and Huff seized that opportunity. The "he was lucky" rhetoric is a loser's response.

Didn't say Huff gets lucky. Warpath said any safety in the league could make those plays, and I say, yes, any one of them could. With some of them though, it would definitely be a lucky play.

He makes it sound as though every or any safety in the NFL would make that play any day. No problem. Not true. Lots, and I mean lots would have simply nailed the guy as the ball reached his hands hoping for him to drop the ball. That or they might break up the pass. Not ever safety makes the catch though.

JASONSAUTO
09-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Didn't say Huff gets lucky. Warpath said any safety in the league could make those plays, and I say, yes, any one of them could. With some of them though, it would definitely be a lucky play.

He makes it sound as though every or any safety in the NFL would make that play any day. No problem. Not true. Lots, and I mean lots would have simply nailed the guy as the ball reached his hands hoping for him to drop the ball. That or they might break up the pass. Not ever safety makes the catch though.

another funny thing is that before the game some would have had us believe oakland had the best secondary in the nfl

aturnis
09-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Not really.

How do you figure? Total double standard. All Haley said is that there is a POSSIBILITY that someone else could start over Matt Cassel, never said he was on this team. Hell someone could start over Tom Brady, IF someone proved themselves capable enough to.

Marcellus
09-23-2009, 08:53 PM

It's a Fairytale.

Bingo.

Marcellus
09-23-2009, 08:57 PM

Kind of like how all of the people around here screamed luck when we stayed in the game against Baltimore?

JASONSAUTO
09-23-2009, 08:58 PM
Kind of like how all of the people around here screamed luck when we stayed in the game against Baltimore?

no TOTALLY different. we were just a victim of dumb luck:D

OnTheWarpath58
09-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Bingo.

Whoops.

aturnis
09-23-2009, 08:59 PM
What a shock! They trade a number 2 for him and pay him 28 mil guranteed and he's the man? This is really stunning.

As far as you knew, he never was "the man". Haley always said as much. Open competition for the QB spot. While we knew it wasn't true, it was the atmosphere Haley wanted to create for competition. Anyone gets comfortable, they get complacent, human nature. Haley didn't want that, and he still doesn't.

Why let Cassel get comfortable now? Especially when Haley needs to squeeze as much as he possibly can out of this team to get wins. If they don't start winning, they'll never learn how to do so consistently. Also, Everyone on this board and in the league knows that, with his coaching style, if Haley can't show them he can lead them to victory, he'll lose them. There's too much at stake to let anyone get complacent.

Also, he needs to find out which players sink or swim under pressure. That's seems to fall hand in hand with the mentally tough players he's looking for.

aturnis
09-23-2009, 09:01 PM
another funny thing is that before the game some would have had us believe oakland had the best secondary in the nfl

HA! I forgot about that. I'm pretty sure some of those guys were some of these VERY. SAME. GUYS!

aturnis
09-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Whoops.

?

Kent Babb reported it, the national media just echoed it. They don't have time to analyze every team in the NFL's training camp constantly, especially not K.C.'s.

Oh wait....is this about all you goofballs trying to be right about Cassel vs. Sanchez?

It is isn't it! You guys! :D

Marcellus
09-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Whoops.

ROFL.

Give me a break.

Croyle made a "statement"? Holy shit he talked to the team at half, now he is the undisputed #1 QB to the team? ROFL. I wonder if Thiggy had made a statement to the team at halftime of a game they lost last year he would be starting.

As far as reports Croyle outplayed Cassel in TC, this whole controversy has been started by the media going back to TC, they are just continuing the same shit.

Anyone who believes Pioli and Haley are not on the same page on this and that there is a real schism (stealing a word from another BS QB controversy)
on the team or in the coaching and management departments is just plain stooopid.

Haley just refuses to differ from the nobody's job is safe mantra.

OnTheWarpath58
09-23-2009, 09:13 PM
?

Kent Babb reported it, the national media just echoed it. They don't have time to analyze every team in the NFL's training camp constantly, especially not K.C.'s.

Oh wait....is this about all you goofballs trying to be right about Cassel vs. Sanchez?

ROFL.

Give me a break.

Croyle made a "statement"? Holy shit he talked to the team at half, now he is the undisputed #1 QB to the team? ROFL. I wonder if Thiggy had made a statement to the team at halftime of a game they lost last year he would be starting.

As far as reports Croyle outplayed Cassel in TC, this whole controversy has been started by the media going back to TC, they are just continuing the same shit.

Anyone who believes Pioli and Haley are not on the same page on this and that there is a real schism (stealing a word from another BS QB controversy)
on the team or in the coaching and management departments is just plain stooopid.

Haley just refuses to differ from the nobody's job is safe mantra.

Wow.

Calling arguably the single most respected poster and best poster here a liar.

Awesome.

DeezNutz
09-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Wow.

Calling arguably the single most respected poster and best poster here a liar.

Awesome.

When did he call me a liar?

That sumbitch...

htismaqe
09-23-2009, 09:16 PM
why not? he has said EVERY position is open. to not hold the QB position in the same standing would be a double standard

The QB position is different. It's a quite well-known fact.

That is, IF, the QB he wants is on the roster.

OnTheWarpath58
09-23-2009, 09:18 PM
When did he call me a liar?

That sumbitch...

Look below your post, bidge.

htismaqe
09-23-2009, 09:18 PM
How do you figure? Total double standard. All Haley said is that there is a POSSIBILITY that someone else could start over Matt Cassel, never said he was on this team. Hell someone could start over Tom Brady, IF someone proved themselves capable enough to.

I NEVER said that what Haley did was STUPID/WRONG/RASH/ETC. I said IF there's anything for which you could blame Haley, this was it. Notice the word "if".

I personally don't have a problem with what Haley is doing.

That being said, Haley could have squashed all of these rumors with one sentence, that's a fact.

FAX
09-23-2009, 09:19 PM
As far as you knew, he never was "the man". Haley always said as much. Open competition for the QB spot. While we knew it wasn't true, it was the atmosphere Haley wanted to create for competition. Anyone gets comfortable, they get complacent, human nature. Haley didn't want that, and he still doesn't.

Why let Cassel get comfortable now? Especially when Haley needs to squeeze as much as he possibly can out of this team to get wins. If they don't start winning, they'll never learn how to do so consistently. Also, Everyone on this board and in the league knows that, with his coaching style, if Haley can't show them he can lead them to victory, he'll lose them. There's too much at stake to let anyone get complacent.

Also, he needs to find out which players sink or swim under pressure. That's seems to fall hand in hand with the mentally tough players he's looking for.

This post simply reeks of truthiness, Mr. aturnis.

It also reminds me that there is a significant side benefit associated with this situation ... Croyle's overall improvement. So long as Croyle sincerely believes that the best man will ultimately start, he will continue to work hard, study, prepare, and progress.

Deep in his heart, Croyle may know that Cassel is the man. But he also knows that he's one shot to the chin away from being number one on the depth chart. The question is, if (God forbid) Cassel is injured, how long can he keep the job and, most importantly, keep Pioli off the phone looking for quarterbacks?

From where I sit, Haley's plan is working well for both players. Herm said, in effect, that 85% of our guys were safe in their jobs. Haley, on the other hand, never met a sacred cow he couldn't tip and wants ongoing, continued, constant competition at every position. What a difference a year makes.

FAX

Marcellus
09-23-2009, 09:20 PM
The QB position is different. It's a quite well-known fact.

That is, IF, the QB he wants is on the roster.

Not a well known fact, that is your opinion.

How do you know Haley feels that way?

I think he made the opposite point talking about being places they changed QB's.

htismaqe
09-23-2009, 09:20 PM
?

This doesn't have anything to do with Sanchez.

There has been a QB "controversy" in KC since training camp. It's a simple fact.

aturnis
09-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Yeah I heard them talking about Croyle at the half too. Too bad his high completion percentage before the half was fueled by checking down to the safety valve 90% of the time. His only completion "down field" was to Bobby Engram for 11 yards. All of the yardage gained on those was thanks to the RB's. Anyone who watched the game would know that. Hell even all but one of his passes that went incomplete were in the flats.

The praise that went out to Brodie Croyle was, "Wow, he didn't fuck it up for his team, and he's not dead yet, he's making a case for himself".

htismaqe

So you agree?

OnTheWarpath58

There has been a QB "controversy" in KC since training camp. It's a simple fact.

YOU LIAR!

JASONSAUTO
I NEVER said that what Haley did was STUPID/WRONG/RASH/ETC. I said IF there's anything for which you could blame Haley, this was it. Notice the word "if".

That being said, Haley could have squashed all of these rumors with one sentence, that's a fact.

i agree. it would have seemed disingenious though

htismaqe
09-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Yeah I heard them talking about Croyle at the half too. Too bad his high completion percentage before the half was fueled by checking down to the safety valve 90% of the time. His only completion "down field" was to Bobby Engram for 11 yards. All of the yardage gained on those was thanks to the RB's. Anyone who watched the game would know that. Hell even all but one of his passes that went incomplete were in the flats.

The praise that went out to Brodie Croyle was, "Wow, he didn't **** it up for his team, and he's not dead yet, he's making a case for himself".

I don't at all disagree. But that's not the point.

The point is that the KC media weren't the only ones talking about it.

Marcellus
09-23-2009, 09:22 PM
So you agree?

You are saying its completely media created? If so then yes, I agree.

DeezNutz
09-23-2009, 09:24 PM

You're trying to argue a vast conspiracy theory.

All reports out of TC were that the QBs were not looking good, Cassel in particular.

htismaqe
09-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Not a well known fact, that is your opinion.

How do you know Haley feels that way?

I think he made the opposite point talking about being places they changed QB's.

I know that Tim Grunhard feels that way. And Mitch Holthus. Todd Christensen, Chris Collinsworth, Kevin Harlan, and Will Shields.

Oh, and Len Dawson too.

In fact, every guest I've heard on the radio the past 4 days has said it.

So it's not JUST my opinion.

FAX
09-23-2009, 09:27 PM

He was actually the guy throwing the gas. As I recall, it was Haley who recounted his NFL career in that presser - taking the time to name each of the second string quarterbacks who became starters with those teams.

Although Raider fans can't calculate 1 plus 1, if you could (for a minute or two, anyway) break one's attention away from trying to teach his pet skunk how to perform a BJ, even one of those guys could figure out that Haley was implying the same thing could happen here.

FAX

htismaqe
09-23-2009, 09:28 PM

I think "created" gives them too much credit. It wasn't a concerted effort so much as many little side conversations coalescing in the last couple of weeks.

The KC media really didn't have as much to do with it as they'd like to think though.

htismaqe
09-23-2009, 09:30 PM
He was actually the guy throwing the gas. As I recall, it was Haley who recounted his NFL career in that presser - taking the time to name each of the second string quarterbacks who became starters with those teams.

Although Raider fans can't calculate 1 plus 1, if you could (for a minute or two, anyway) break one's attention away from trying to teach his pet skunk how to perform a BJ, even one of those guys could figure out that Haley was implying the same thing could happen here.

FAX

I know what you mean. He didn't have to do it. Some part of me thinks he knew the firestorm that would came out of it, and he's sitting in his office right now laughing at all of us.

Marcellus
09-23-2009, 09:31 PM

FACT LMAO That's what the KC media wants you to believe. They didn't get shit from the FO, coaches, or staff, the whole time and bitched about it the whole time so they started their own story.

You think they would give $60 Million to a QB they weren't sure was the starter before TC ended? That's laughable.

Marcellus
09-23-2009, 09:31 PM
I know what you mean. He didn't have to do it. Some part of me thinks he knew the firestorm that would came out of it, and he's sitting in his office right now laughing at all of us.

I agree with this.

FAX
09-23-2009, 09:35 PM

That would be my guess.

Whittles isn't the only guy in town who knows how to rile people up. These guys (Pioli and Haley) have been in other rodeos - in far larger and more intolerant media markets, by the way. I suspect a "Wag The Dog" strategy may be in play here. Get Whittles all excited about a quarterback controversy and there just might be more McD's sausage and biscuit sandwiches for everybody else.

FAX

OnTheWarpath58
09-23-2009, 09:37 PM

Funny how people keep ignoring that, Mr FAX.

Marcellus
09-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Funny how people keep ignoring that, Mr FAX.

I think some people are clever enough to realize there is no QB controversy even with his statement.

He was asked 50 fucking questions about Croyle and Cassel. You think he picked up on it?

LTL
09-23-2009, 09:41 PM

Didn't Parcells used to use the media as a way to call out certain players and get in their head somewhat? While he didn't call Cassel out, he at least planted the seed that if he doesn't play better that he will have no problem inserting Croyle, that's what I think listing what happened in other places comment was for.

OnTheWarpath58
09-23-2009, 09:43 PM
I think some people are clever enough to realize there is no QB controversy even with his statement.

He was asked 50 fucking questions about Croyle and Cassel. You think he picked up on it?

And yet all he had to say was, Matt Cassel is our QB.

Instead, he carried on about how he was part of the decision to play 3 backups in 3 different cities.

stevieray
09-23-2009, 09:51 PM
overanalyzing his words for...why?

we have no talent
we won't win games

IMO, it 's just rehashed draft day.

some here don't like Haley/Pioli
and gasp...their choices...and now...splitting hairs on words.

...someone has to fail....preferably Cassel, because he's not Sanchez.

Cassel struggling, or a hint that Brodie is ascending, or has favor...validates failure.

failure that it going to be searched for, found and pointed out every week of the season.

Ignore any bright spots, because...

we have no talent
we won't win games.

and we have to be reminded daily.

underEJ
09-23-2009, 09:51 PM
Why shouldn't there be a QB job up for grabs every week until somebody makes a real case for themselves? As the big signing, Cassel is sure to get the most immediate opportunity to shut everyone up, but he still has to go out there and do it, or they should ride his ass in every paper and on every radio station. You may or may not believe Haley thinks Croyle could take his job, but I think it makes sense to have Cassel looking over his shoulder for now. This is not his team yet, and any QB worth a damn will go out and make the team his. Then the conversation will die as it should.

Second, if the QB is on the roster, I want Haley trying to make him better. I don't see anything wrong with him making statements as to the development of Croyle as the year goes on even if he never takes another snap. Shit happens, and he's the backup.

Marcellus
09-23-2009, 09:58 PM
And yet all he had to say was, Matt Cassel is our QB.

Instead, he carried on about how he was part of the decision to play 3 backups in 3 different cities.

Haley's statement:

“Absolutely and it’s my track record going all the way back to the Jets when I was there with Parcells. We had a guy there named Glenn Foley that the entire city of New York and Long Island was excited about and we picked up Vinny Testaverde right before training camp, but after three games it was clear that Vinny would give us the best chance to win. I was there for that change.

“I was there in Dallas when we brought Drew Bledsoe in and we had a guy named Tony Romo that as days went on you said, ‘hey, this guy maybe gives us the best shot to win,’ and we made a mid-season change.

“No more glaring than in the last couple of years in Arizona between Matt (Leinart) and Kurt (Warner) and Matt being a number one pick. When we made that change there was a lot of negative feed-back and what about the future. There weren’t many people saying much when we were in the Super Bowl last year.
Damn, that s a huge exaggeration.

He was with the Jets when they changed QB's. You think he had any input back then when he was a quality control guy then a WR coach? That's not what he said, he said he was there. Ditto with Dallas, he was the WR coach, not QB coach or OC.

Arizona may have been different but Lienart sucks so really was there a real decision?

Part of the decision to change 3 QB's. Huge exaggeration maybe you should start writing for Whitlock.

OnTheWarpath58
09-23-2009, 10:00 PM
Haley's statement:

“Absolutely and it’s my track record going all the way back to the Jets when I was there with Parcells. We had a guy there named Glenn Foley that the entire city of New York and Long Island was excited about and we picked up Vinny Testaverde right before training camp, but after three games it was clear that Vinny would give us the best chance to win. I was there for that change.

“I was there in Dallas when we brought Drew Bledsoe in and we had a guy named Tony Romo that as days went on you said, ‘hey, this guy maybe gives us the best shot to win,’ and we made a mid-season change.

“No more glaring than in the last couple of years in Arizona between Matt (Leinart) and Kurt (Warner) and Matt being a number one pick. When we made that change there was a lot of negative feed-back and what about the future. There weren’t many people saying much when we were in the Super Bowl last year.
Damn, that s a huge exaggeration.

He was with the Jets when they changed QB's. You think he had any input back then when he was a quality control guy then a WR coach? That's not what he said, he said he was there. Ditto with Dallas, he was the WR coach, not QB coach or OC.

Arizona may have been different but Lienart sucks so really was there a real decision?

Part of the decision to change 3 QB's. Huge exaggeration maybe you should start writing for Whitlock.

You don't think that the entire offensive coaching staff doesn't discuss this type of a change?

ROFL

Yep, the HC just walks in one day and says, fuck the rest of you, I'm changing QB's.

Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that he kept talking about it instead of dismissing it.

FAX
09-23-2009, 10:04 PM

He was asked 50 ****ing questions about Croyle and Cassel. You think he picked up on it?

That's the cool part, though, Mr. Marcellus. In order to create the impression that there is not a QB controversy, Haley recounts his history of replacing starting QBs which actually implies that there may, in fact, be one - knowing full well that the media will eventually settle on the idea that one doesn't exist because, if there were, Haley (given his past record) would have already replaced Cassel when, in fact, behind the scenes, Cassel and Croyle are fighting it out for the starting spot and taking dumps in each others' locker while the media is none the wiser. It's genius.

FAX

OnTheWarpath58
09-23-2009, 10:05 PM
That's the cool part, though, Mr. Marcellus. In order to create the impression that there is not a QB controversy, Haley recounts his history of replacing starting QBs which actually implies that there may, in fact, be one - knowing full well that the media will eventually settle on the idea that one doesn't exist because, if there were, Haley (given his past record) would have already replaced Cassel when, in fact, behind the scenes, Cassel and Croyle are fighting it out for the starting spot and taking dumps in each others' locker while the media is none the wiser. It's genius.

FAX

LMAO

Marcellus
09-23-2009, 10:08 PM
You don't think that the entire offensive coaching staff doesn't discuss this type of a change?

ROFL

Yep, the HC just walks in one day and says, fuck the rest of you, I'm changing QB's.

Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that he kept talking about it instead of dismissing it.

Dude you are a dumbass if you think they sit around as a big group and take a fucking vote. Seriously. That is fucking stupid.

Parcells says: "hey I am thinking of changing QB's, (coach in NY and Dallas) what do you guys think"

Todd Haley: " I don't know Bill, lets let Glenn keep playing he looks ok to me"

Parcells :" Shut the fiuck up n00b!"

OnTheWarpath58
09-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Dude you are a dumbass if you think they sit around as a big group and take a fucking vote. Seriously. That is fucking stupid.

Parcells says: "hey I am thinking of changing QB's, (coach in NY and Dallas) what do you guys think"

Todd Haley: " I don't know Bill, lets let Glenn keep playing he looks ok to me"

Parcells :" Shut the fiuck up n00b!"

Take a vote?

No.

But any good HC gets his offensive coaches together to discuss the pros/cons of any potential decision.

aturnis
09-23-2009, 10:16 PM
Well, I guess we're in agreement then. There is no real QB controversy, and it is media created. I personally think the big push here recently stems from 810, Bill Maas, and K.C.'s incompetent media at Haley's presser the other day. No better news than non-news taken out of context.

Marcellus
09-23-2009, 10:16 PM

FAX
Here was the question asked:
Q: You’ve made clear that it’s all about competition and who gives you the best chance to win. Does that apply to the quarterback too?

Even if he believes Cassel is the teams best QB how was he supposed to answer that after preaching that there is competition at every position?

" No we don't give a crap about who gives us the best chance to win at QB, we gave Cassel $60 million but we really don't think he is our best QB. We tried to give that money to Croyle but he said no thanks."

They honestly believe Cassel is their guy, that's why they paid him. Are you saying now that Haley had no role in that decision, yet OTWP states as a WR coach in NY and Dallas he was part of the decision to bench QB's?

FAX
09-23-2009, 10:17 PM
A major change to the quarterback position impacts every other job on the team - including the defense.

I'm quite certain that, even if Parcells didn't call for a "vote", he discussed the decision with the assistants because it directly affects their jobs. And, even if he didn't do that, it would have been very clear to the assistants that a change was forthcoming. HCs don't exist in a vacuum.

FAX

Marcellus
09-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Take a vote?

No.

But any good HC gets his offensive coaches together to discuss the pros/cons of any potential decision.

Do you think the HC and GM talk before giving $60 Million to a QB?

Marcellus
09-23-2009, 10:18 PM
A major change to the quarterback position impacts every other job on the team - including the defense.

I'm quite certain that, even if Parcells didn't call for a "vote", he discussed the decision with the assistants because it directly affects their jobs. And, even if he didn't do that, it would have been very clear to the assistants that a change was forthcoming. HCs don't exist in a vacuum.

FAX

See post 112.

OnTheWarpath58
09-23-2009, 10:20 PM
Do you think the HC and GM talk before giving $60 Million to a QB?

I would fucking hope so.

Marcellus
09-23-2009, 10:24 PM
I would fucking hope so.

Well then you are blowing up your own point. Haley agreed Cassel was the man pay him.

No QB controversy.

Tribal Warfare
09-23-2009, 10:25 PM
Well then you are blowing up your own point. Haley agreed Cassel was the man pay him.

No QB controversy.

This was before Croyle was finished with rehab, Haley stated that Brodie was a wildcard in the mix.

aturnis
09-23-2009, 10:30 PM

ROFL

Yep, the HC just walks in one day and says, **** the rest of you, I'm changing QB's.

ROFL

You don't think that a scout, quality control coach, WR's coach has anywhere near enough weight to sway the HC and OC's decisions do you? He may have been in meetings where he spoke his mind, but that doesn't mean he was involved in any decisions.

Marcellus
09-23-2009, 10:32 PM
This was before Croyle was finished with rehab, Haley stated that Brodie was a wildcard in the mix.

Good lord. Now Haley is in love with Croyle because he has shown so much in his career.

Seriously, you think one game where Croyle played decent and Cassel made a few mistakes is enough to vault him over Cassel in Haley's book?

Haley is just quoting the mantra just like he has on injured players and everything else.

In this case the mantra is: Competition.

If we were 8 games into the season and Cassel was sucking wind I would buy the possibility. Each QB has played 1 fucking game.

Your argument is getting weaker.

OnTheWarpath58
09-23-2009, 10:33 PM

No QB controversy.

What point?

Cassel was given that money based on what he did in NE.

He hadn't even been to training camp yet.

Is it so absurd to think Haley's perception could have changed after actually seeing the two in live action?

Again, it comes down to a simple point. All Haley had to do was say, "Matt Cassel is out QB"

End.

Of.

Story.

Marcellus
09-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Again, it comes down to a simple point. All Haley had to do was say, "Matt Cassel is out QB"

End.

Of.

Story.

End of story my ass, this is early in the season and a young team, he would be back tracking on everything he has been preaching to the group. That ain't gonna happen.

I'm not saying if Cassel were to just suck it up for several weeks they wouldn't bench him, I'm saying as of this moment, after 2 games, anyone who believes there really is a controversy is stupid.

aturnis
09-23-2009, 10:38 PM
What point?

Cassel was given that money based on what he did in NE.

He hadn't even been to training camp yet.

Is it so absurd to think Haley's perception could have changed after actually seeing the two in live action?

End.

Of.

Story.

As pretty much everyone is saying. Maybe he doesn't want to squash the rumor. Doesn't mean there is a true controversy though.

FAX
09-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Here was the question asked:
Q: You’ve made clear that it’s all about competition and who gives you the best chance to win. Does that apply to the quarterback too?

Even if he believes Cassel is the teams best QB how was he supposed to answer that after preaching that there is competition at every position?

" No we don't give a crap about who gives us the best chance to win at QB, we gave Cassel $60 million but we really don't think he is our best QB. We tried to give that money to Croyle but he said no thanks."

They honestly believe Cassel is their guy, that's why they paid him. Are you saying now that Haley had no role in that decision, yet OTWP states as a WR coach in NY and Dallas he was part of the decision to bench QB's?

With all respect, I think you missed the point of the statement to which you have responded, Mr. Marcellus. Of course Haley has a role in the decision - he's the HC, for JC. But, that's not really the issue.

Haley wants people to believe there is competition at the quarterback position, right? And, he also wants people to believe that Cassel is the wisest and best choice, right? But, he also knows that the media will jump all over a quarterback controversy because that's a story that's always good for, at a minimum, a couple of sports news cycles. Right? So what does he do? Well, what he does is talk about how he used to bench quarterbacks in his sleep and during lunch breaks just for kicks and giggles and may the best man win and competition is good for the team and dogs can't talk because of the way their palette are shaped and their lack of certain, necessary cranial nerves among other things. Why does he do this? He does this because he knows that the media will immediately pounce on his remarks and report in large font sizes and loud voices that there is a quarterback controversy, but (and here's the cool part) he also knows that, upon reflection, the media will eventually realize that, if Haley actually wanted to replace Cassel, he would already have done so because he's participated in those kinds of radical decisions in the past and he has no fear and he believes in competition but not in talking dogs. So, the media pulls an about face, sells even more papers, and eventually declares that there is no controversy at all when, in fact, behind the scenes, Cassel and Croyle are paying huge money out to private investigators in an effort to dig up dirt on each other just in case one of them happened to engage in casual sex with a male possum while in college and possibly (but not necessarily) intoxicated and, if that doesn't work, staying up late working out ways to surreptitiously pump noxious gases into each others' helmet during practice or even into their bathrooms at home so that while they're shaving, they'll suddenly collapse right there on the spot, cutting off their ear with the razor, and preventing them to hear the play calls and, therefore, losing their starting job as, meanwhile, the media has no idea that there is controversy galore. As I indicated before, it's genius and we're lucky to have the guy.

FAX

aturnis
09-23-2009, 10:47 PM
With all respect, I think you missed the point of the statement to which you have responded, Mr. Marcellus. Of course Haley has a role in the decision - he's the HC, for JC. But, that's not really the issue.

Haley wants people to believe there is competition at the quarterback position, right? And, he also wants people to believe that Cassel is the wisest and best choice, right? But, he also knows that the media will jump all over a quarterback controversy because that's a story that's always good for, at a minimum, a couple of sports news cycles. Right? So what does he do? Well, what he does is talk about how he used to bench quarterbacks in his sleep and during lunch breaks just for kicks and giggles and may the best man win and competition is good for the team and dogs can't talk because of the way their palette are shaped and their lack of certain, necessary cranial nerves among other things. Why does he do this? He does this because he knows that the media will immediately pounce on his remarks and report in large font sizes and loud voices that there is a quarterback controversy, but (and here's the cool part) he also knows that, upon reflection, the media will eventually realize that, if Haley actually wanted to replace Cassel, he would already have done so because he's participated in those kinds of radical decisions in the past and he has no fear and he believes in competition but not in talking dogs. So, the media pulls an about face, sells even more papers, and eventually declares that there is no controversy at all when, in fact, behind the scenes, Cassel and Croyle are paying huge money out to private investigators in an effort to dig up dirt on each other just in case one of them happened to engage in casual sex with a male possum while in college and possibly (but not necessarily) intoxicated and, if that doesn't work, staying up late working out ways to surreptitiously pump noxious gases into each others' helmet during practice or even into their bathrooms at home so that while they're shaving, they'll suddenly collapse right there on the spot, cutting off their ear with the razor, and preventing them to hear the play calls and, therefore, losing their starting job as, meanwhile, the media has no idea that there is controversy galore. As I indicated before, it's genius and we're lucky to have the guy.

FAX

:shake:

Marcellus
09-23-2009, 10:47 PM

FAX

LMAO. After you so generously explained this to me I must have in fact, missed the point.

OnTheWarpath58
09-23-2009, 10:48 PM

FAX

LMAO

Tribal Warfare
09-23-2009, 10:58 PM
In this case the mantra is: Competition.

And apparently Croyle giving that a go, or their wouldn't be such a fuss about it

Marcellus
09-23-2009, 11:04 PM
And apparently Croyle giving that a go, or their wouldn't be such a fuss about it

Your missing the point. The question asked was does the competition mantra count as far as the QB goes and Haley answered yes, then giving examples.

I am not saying Croyle sucks, if he did nobody would even discuss this, I am saying he was giving the company line to be consistent.

Just because Croyle looks decent doesn't mean there is a controversy. It only makes it a better story to make into a controversy.

BigRock
09-23-2009, 11:06 PM

At halftime of the Baltimore game, the offense had only managed to get 2 first downs and Brodie had thrown for fewer than 50 yards. And 20 of those yards he did have came on the final play of the half, where the defense was defending a hail mary and he threw it underneath to Charles.

After the game, sure, plenty of nice things could have been said. But at halftime?

What mouth-breathing, forehead-sloping mongo was calling Brodie's first half "a statement"?

And that matters why?

It matters because the topic hasn't been broached by anyone with a brain. When the key contributors to the idea of a QB controversy are Kent Babb, Bill Maas, and whatever mental deficient was blown away by Brodie's first-half in Baltimore, alarm bells should be ringing somewhere.

The national media picking up on a Kent Babb Twitter post during training camp is not evidence that a quarterback controversy existed. Likewise, a certain element of the KC media going into Tuesday's presser with a bunch of spawned questions spawned by Maas, and then the national media picking up on it and treating it like Haley started off with a speech that began "Let me tell you about these times I was there when a QB change was made", doesn't mean it ever existed.

There's no doubt Haley could have done a better job of squashing it. But there's also no doubt that it never would have existed if a certain few people had been properly medicated before getting their leave time from the home.

aturnis
09-23-2009, 11:09 PM
Yes, they did talk him up at the half. I think they just needed something to talk about, the Chiefs were in it, and someone had to get credit.

FAX
09-23-2009, 11:22 PM
The statement was, "Damn. Coach, my ass really hurts. Where's Damon?"

FAX