PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues U.S. Census worker hanged with 'fed' on body

dirk digler
09-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Don't jump to any conclusion yet.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jbzG_BlkG2Hfc818EPRRn1bBlP6gD9AT92400

AP source: Census worker hanged with 'fed' on body
By DEVLIN BARRETT and JEFFREY McMURRAY (AP) 23 minutes ago

WASHINGTON The FBI is investigating the hanging death of a U.S. Census worker near a Kentucky cemetery, and a law enforcement official told The Associated Press the word 'fed" was scrawled on the dead man's chest.

The body of Bill Sparkman, a 51-year-old part-time Census field worker and occasional teacher, was found Sept. 12 in a remote patch of the Daniel Boone National Forest in rural southeast Kentucky. The Census has suspended door-to-door interviews in rural Clay County, where the body was found, pending the outcome of the investigation.

Investigators are still trying to determine whether the death was a killing or a suicide, and if a killing, whether the motive was related to his government job or to anti-government sentiment.

Investigators have said little about the case. The law enforcement official, who was not authorized to discuss the case and requested anonymity, said Wednesday the man was found hanging from a tree and the word "fed" was written on the dead man's chest. The official did not say what type of instrument was used to write the word.

FBI spokesman David Beyer said the bureau is helping state police with the case.

"Our job is to determine if there was foul play involved and that's part of the investigation and if there was foul play involved, whether that is related to his employment as a census worker," said Beyer.

Beyer declined to confirm or discuss any details about the crime scene.
Lucindia Scurry-Johnson, assistant director of the Census Bureau's southern office in Charlotte, N.C., said law enforcement officers have told the agency the matter is "an apparent homicide" but nothing else.

Census employees were told Sparkman's truck was found nearby, and a computer he was using for work was found inside it, she said. He worked part-time for the Census, usually conducting interviews once or twice a month.

Sparkman has worked for the Census since 2003, spanning five counties in the surrounding area. Much of his recent work had been in Clay County, officials said.

Door-to-door operations have been suspended in Clay County pending a resolution of the investigation, Scurry-Johnson said.

The U.S. Census Bureau is overseen by the Commerce Department.
"We are deeply saddened by the loss of our co-worker," Commerce Secretary Gary Locke said in a statement. "Our thoughts and prayers are with William Sparkman's son, other family and friends."

Locke called him "a shining example of the hardworking men and women employed by the Census Bureau."

Pioli Zombie
09-23-2009, 06:12 PM
The Nazi Obama administration cleverly did this so that they can blame the far right.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie
09-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Thank this person:

http://www.ajwnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/michelle-bachman-jerusalem.gif

Brock
09-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Looks like a good way to establish a red herring motive.

Saul Good
09-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Thank this person:

http://www.ajwnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/michelle-bachman-jerusalem.gif

Glad that we can have a civilized discussion without a lib coming in and blaming a republican for a murder.

Let he who's country is without sin throw the first Moltov, Frankie.

Frankie
09-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Glad that we can have a civilized discussion without a lib coming in and blaming a republican for a murder.

Let he who's country is without sin throw the first Moltov, Frankie.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/26/michele-bachmanns-census_n_221427.html

Saul Good
09-23-2009, 06:29 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/26/michele-bachmanns-census_n_221427.html

I think the video must have cut off right before she advocating murdering innocent census takers.

Brock
09-23-2009, 06:29 PM
OMG, she's not going to fill out a survey, get a rope.

Simplex3
09-23-2009, 06:30 PM
I knew a lady who helped with the census in Kentucky. She was shot 'at' a couple of times and chased off of more than one person's property at gunpoint. She took to guessing in some of the back-woods residences instead of asking.

HonestChieffan
09-23-2009, 06:39 PM
Bachmann rules. Libs tremble.

Frankie
09-23-2009, 06:40 PM
OMG, she's not going to fill out a survey, get a rope.

Unfortunately there ARE crazies among your side's nut jobs that do see it this way. Our nut jobs mostly paste bumper stickers directly on their car paint. Your "leaders" should feel a lot more responsibility about how they stir the shit.

Saul Good
09-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Unfortunately there ARE crazies among your side's nut jobs that do see it this way. Our nut jobs mostly put paste stickers on their car paint. Your "leaders" should feel a lot more responsibility about how they stir the shit.

Yeah. You never hear about people getting murdered while protesting abortions.

banyon
09-23-2009, 06:43 PM

I think this is intended as sarcasm, but, no, at least the direction you've stated this, I don't hear about abortion protesters getting murdered.

Brock
09-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Unfortunately there ARE crazies among your side's nut jobs that do see it this way. Our nut jobs mostly paste bumper stickers directly on their car paint. Your "leaders" should feel a lot more responsibility about how they stir the shit.

You're kind of crazy yourself, Frankie.

Frankie
09-23-2009, 06:48 PM

I said "mostly." I bet you are glad that there was ONE token incident to give you an excuse to balance out ALL the violence and murders your side has committed in the name of protecting life.

Saul Good
09-23-2009, 06:51 PM
I think this is intended as sarcasm, but, no, at least the direction you've stated this, I don't hear about abortion protesters getting murdered.

http://beltwayblips.dailyradar.com/story/pro-life-advocate-murdered-outside-michigan-school/

http://www.theinterim.com/1999/july/3prolifer.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,334539,00.html

http://www.samefacts.com/2007/11/terrorism-and-its-control/who-bears-the-costs-of-alf-terrorism/

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/9313

Not all abortion-related. Just random (and not-so-random) acts of liberal violence.

banyon
09-23-2009, 06:55 PM
http://beltwayblips.dailyradar.com/story/pro-life-advocate-murdered-outside-michigan-school/

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,334539,00.html

http://www.samefacts.com/2007/11/terrorism-and-its-control/who-bears-the-costs-of-alf-terrorism/

Not all abortion-related. Just random (and not-so-random) acts of liberal violence.

That sounds like one murder. Ever. Is that what you are saying and using the phrase "hear about people" as if it is some regular occurrence?

orange
09-23-2009, 06:58 PM

Victims of bombing by the Weather Underground in 1970?

THAT'S the best you can do? ROFL

orange
09-23-2009, 07:03 PM

June 8, 1999:

Shortly after Whatcott began his noon-hour witness, a motorist stopped and got out of his car, and began to argue angrily with him. The man said his parents had lived through the Jewish holocaust, and then slapped the sign out of Whatcott's hands and forcibly took it.

The man, described by Whatcott as tall, athletic, and in his late 20s or early 30s, then drove away. Whatcott had the presence of mind to record the licence plate number and a full description of the vehicle. Furthermore, Whatcott recorded the names and addresses of two passers-by who witnessed the scene, and he has an audio tape of the incident.

Death penalty for that hooligan! :cuss:

Saggysack
09-23-2009, 07:16 PM
From 1977 to present people within the anti-abortion movement have committed these acts.

8 Murders
17 Attempted Murders
41 Bombings
175 Arsons
96 Attempted Bombings/Arsons
390 Invasions
1400 Vandalism
1993 Trespassing
100 Butyric Acid Attacks
659 Anthrax threats
179 Assault & Battery
406 Death threats
4 Kidnappings
151 Burglaries
525 Stalking
148 Hoax Device/Suspicious Package
642 Bomb Threats

Some terrorist groups would be mighty proud.

RJ
09-23-2009, 07:37 PM
Remember that abortion protester in Michigan who was murdered but it turned out to have nothing to do with politics? Remember, like two weeks ago?

But hey, jumping to conclusions is so much more fun.

Saul Good
09-23-2009, 07:45 PM
From 1977 to present people within the anti-abortion movement have committed these acts.

8 Murders
17 Attempted Murders
41 Bombings
175 Arsons
390 Invasions
1400 Vandalism
1993 Trespassing
100 Butyric Acid Attacks
659 Anthrax threats
179 Assault & Battery
406 Death threats
4 Kidnappings
151 Burglaries
525 Stalking
642 Bomb Threats

So there's been 8 murders in 32 years. What a regular occurrence.

banyon
09-23-2009, 07:46 PM

It's a little more frequent than 1 which RJ is saying was not even about what you're claiming it was.

Plus there were some other fairly serious acts on that list too, like attempted murder, arson, and bombings, which tend to get a little more violent than slapping signs out of people's hands.

Saul Good
09-23-2009, 07:50 PM
It's a little more frequent than 1 which RJ is saying was not even about what you're claiming it was.

Plus there were some other fairly serious acts on that list too, like attempted murder, arson, and bombings, which tend to get a little more violent than slapping signs out of people's hands.

I think that, on both sides, it's infrequent enough to say that it's the absolute fringe lunatics doing the serious crimes. That's my point.

Why are you going after me and just letting Frankie throw out a statement that Michelle Bachmann is to blame for some dead guy who may have been murdered and may have committed suicide, and nobody really knows enough about to speculate either way?

banyon
09-23-2009, 07:54 PM
I think that, on both sides, it's infrequent enough to say that it's the absolute fringe lunatics doing the serious crimes. That's my point.

I think that Saggy and orange's point was with the data so one-sided, trying to draw some kind of moral equivalency rings a bit hollow.

Why are you going after me and just letting Frankie throw out a statement that Michelle Bachmann is to blame for some dead guy who may have been murdered and may have committed suicide, and nobody really knows enough about to speculate either way?

Probably because I wasn't really motivated to do that because I think Bachmann is a hypocrite and fearmonger of the worst kind, but you are right, her comments here are like when people tried to blame the financial crisis on a couple of sentences about one bank by Sen. Schumer, so they do not merit those speculative leaps.

Saul Good
09-23-2009, 07:57 PM
I think that Saggy and orange's point was with the data so one-sided, trying to draw some kind of moral equivalency rings a bit hollow.

Probably because I wasn't really motivated to do that because I think Bachmann is a hypocrite and fearmonger of the worst kind, but you are right, her comments here are like when people tried to blame the financial crisis on a couple of sentences about one bank by Sen. Schumer, so they do not merit those speculative leaps.

So you won't call bullshit on Frankie on the merits. You'll make some ridiculous comparison to Schumer and the financial crisis.

Go make another thread about how you can't have an honest discussion on here anymore. You used to be one of the posters worth debating.

dirk digler
09-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Remember that abortion protester in Michigan who was murdered but it turned out to have nothing to do with politics? Remember, like two weeks ago?

But hey, jumping to conclusions is so much more fun.

Hence why I put don't jump to conclusions yet in the OP. Interesting story though.

Saul Good
09-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Hence why I put don't jump to conclusions yet in the OP. Interesting story though.

It is an interesting story. Hopefully it is something relatively benign and not a sign of things to come.

There is a growing of people who are over the top in terms of personal property rights, privacy, and lack of government intrusion. There is also a growing number of people who are over the top in terms of redistribution of wealth, invasion of privacy, and government intrusion. As both of these groups become larger and more entrenched in their positions, it seems that clashes are going to become inevitable. I really hope that this is not an early salvo.

banyon
09-23-2009, 08:28 PM
So you won't call bullshit on Frankie on the merits. You'll make some ridiculous comparison to Schumer and the financial crisis.

Go make another thread about how you can't have an honest discussion on here anymore. You used to be one of the posters worth debating.

I just did say his post was unwarranted. What else did you want me to say about it?

Saul Good
09-23-2009, 08:35 PM
I just did say his post was unwarranted. What else did you want me to say about it?

Where did you say that? You spent your first 3 posts going after my arguments against his (her?) comment and then feigned a rebuke as an excuse to take a shot at some unrelated slight against Chuck Schumer that came from who knows where.

banyon
09-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Where did you say that? You spent your first 3 posts going after my arguments against his (her?) comment and then feigned a rebuke as an excuse to take a shot at some unrelated slight against Chuck Schumer that came from who knows where.

but you are right, her comments here are like when people tried to blame the financial crisis on a couple of sentences about one bank by Sen. Schumer, so they do not merit those speculative leaps.

And the slight wasn't against Schumer, it was a comparison because he was similarly unfairly blamed for an event following an overanalyzed and unfairly considered statement. In other words, the comparison directly agrees with your claim.

Saul Good
09-23-2009, 08:56 PM
And the slight wasn't against Schumer, it was a comparison because he was similarly unfairly blamed for an event following an overanalyzed and unfairly considered statement. In other words, the comparison directly agrees with your claim.

Or, like I said, you spent a total of 3 words in glossing over his comment and used it as a segue in order to equivocate it with some entirely unrelated slight by conservatives against a liberal.

It's okay. It's pretty clear that you are pissed off by the new vibe you are getting from this forum. When the vitriol was directed towards Bush, it didn't seem so hateful to you. Now that Obama's shit is stinking, it suddenly feels like the atmosphere has been poisoned. As a result, you seem to have taken to settling random scores, real or imagined.

I'm not mad at you, but it has really diminished the quality of your posts. They've gone from sharp and on-point to rudderless and obtuse.

banyon
09-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Or, like I said, you spent a total of 3 words in glossing over his comment and used it as a segue in order to equivocate it with some entirely unrelated slight by conservatives against a liberal.

It's okay. It's pretty clear that you are pissed off by the new vibe you are getting from this forum. When the vitriol was directed towards Bush, it didn't seem so hateful to you. Now that Obama's shit is stinking, it suddenly feels like the atmosphere has been poisoned. As a result, you seem to have taken to settling random scores, real or imagined.

I'm not mad at you, but it has really diminished the quality of your posts. They've gone from sharp and on-point to rudderless and obtuse.

My mental energy lately isn't probably what it was, having directed it most of the day against my local scumbags. They have been busy lately.

Brock
09-23-2009, 09:06 PM
My mental energy lately isn't probably what it was, having directed it most of the day against my local scumbags. They have been busy lately.

Well, you knew when you became a lawyer that you'd be working with other lawyers.

Saul Good
09-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Well, you knew when you became a lawyer that you'd be working with other lawyers.

Okay, that made me laugh.

Saul Good
09-23-2009, 09:09 PM

Fair enough.

You've got a responsibility to yourself and the community to invest as much effort as you can into what's most important.

Also, you have a job outside the planet that takes up some time, too.

BigRedChief
09-23-2009, 10:09 PM
Was expected. It's just a matter of time before there are more. I'm blaming the conservative and Republican commentators and representives who were silent when all this over the top BS is said in front of them or at their rallies/town halls.

Saul Good
09-23-2009, 10:12 PM
Was expected. It's just a matter of time before there are more. I'm blaming the conservative and Republican commentators and representives who were silent when all this over the top BS is said in front of them or at their rallies/town halls.

More what? What happened here?

Please, Banyon. Redeem yourself by smacking this idiot down.

Bootlegged
09-23-2009, 10:18 PM

Put down the doughnuts and crazy juice. They are doing nothing but impede your path to Obama's little cock.

petegz28
09-23-2009, 10:19 PM

I swear, the Left has just fucking lost it. The country doesn't support them like they think they should, and now they are just going over the edge.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-23-2009, 10:20 PM

Please, Banyon. Redeem yourself by smacking this idiot down.

For all we know 50% of America(the conservatives) had a hand in this crime therefore we should all be lumped in and put on trial for this.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-23-2009, 10:23 PM
I swear, the Left has just ****ing lost it. The country doesn't support them like they think they should, and now they are just going over the edge.

Pete were all responsible head for the gallows immediately.

Stinger
09-23-2009, 10:27 PM

I know who you're blaming but I am not sure what exactly happened or caused this blame? Care to elaborate.

banyon
09-23-2009, 10:29 PM
So, why do people think the guy wrote the word "fed" on the guy's body?

Happy coincidence? Dyslexia?

BigRedChief
09-23-2009, 10:32 PM

Please, Banyon. Redeem yourself by smacking this idiot down.Same thing I have brought up before. The dems were guilty of it back in the late 60[s and early 70's. Failure to disavow members of their party or a similiar political persuasion that advocate violence or say totally false BS and don't call them out on it or speak out about the truth are creating an enviornment that allows the fringe elements to come out of the closet and emboldens them to do the acts that have always wanted to.

This isn't some weird theory. The Republicans very loudly called out the Dems back then for not speaking out more loudly against those fringe elements.

petegz28
09-23-2009, 10:37 PM
So, why do people think the guy wrote the word "fed" on the guy's body?

Happy coincidence? Dyslexia?

Banyon, I would say there is just as much of a chance as this being a conspired event as I would a KKK style lynching.

Pelosi comes out crying about the possibility of viloence and here this comes. Along with all the venom that has been spewed about "right wing terrorists" and such.

Then again it could be a whacked out person like a McVeigh as well.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Definitely some backwards thinking here who has called for violence?

banyon
09-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Banyon, I would say there is just as much of a chance as this being a conspired event as I would a KKK style lynching.

Pelosi comes out crying about the possibility of viloence and here this comes. Along with all the venom that has been spewed about "right wing terrorists" and such.

Then again it could be a whacked out person like a McVeigh as well.

So, you can conclude with no evidence that this wasn't inspired by right wing fringe fearmongering, but cannot conclude with the word "Fed" written on the guy's chest and his job as a Census taker any possible reason why it might have happened?

Yeah, that makes sense. Quite the objective viewpoint.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-23-2009, 10:44 PM
So, you can conclude with no evidence that this wasn't inspired by right wing fringe fearmongering, but cannot conclude with the word "Fed" written on the guy's chest and his job as a Census taker any possible reason why it might have happened?

Right wing fringe fearmongering? Sounds like either a lone nut or a staged event.

banyon
09-23-2009, 10:46 PM
Right wing fringe fearmongering? Sounds like either a lone nut or a staged event.

Based on what?

KILLER_CLOWN
09-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Based on what?

Timing? I mean the MSM is trying to play the blame game and will go with whatever sticks to win over the masses. Swastika's? no that didn't work. Racist? no that didn't work. Aha if you don't like our criminal behavior then you must be a murderer. This just reeks of the same tactics employed during the Clinton era.

banyon
09-23-2009, 10:54 PM
Timing? I mean the MSM is trying to play the blame game and will go with whatever sticks to win over the masses. Swastika's? no that didn't work. Racist? no that didn't work. Aha if you don't like our criminal behavior then you must be a murderer. This just reeks of the same tactics employed during the Clinton era.

You think Keith Olbermann did it then?

Stinger
09-23-2009, 10:56 PM
So, you can conclude with no evidence that this wasn't inspired by right wing fringe fearmongering, .

What evidence is there of saying this is inspired by a right wing fringe or are you saying that all fringe groups or groups in general that are against the government are right wing?

banyon
09-23-2009, 10:57 PM
What evidence is there of saying this is inspired by a right wing fringe or are you saying that all fringe groups or groups in general that are against the government are right wing?

I think at some point you have to ask what is the most likely inference.

You can't just say "well, he's a census worker and had the word fed painted on his body, but shucks Roscoe, we got no leads, whatever will we do?"

KILLER_CLOWN
09-23-2009, 11:11 PM
You think Keith Olbermann did it then?

Talking heads do not usually murder, I still somewhat like Olbermann despite his behavior sometimes.

BigRedChief
09-23-2009, 11:18 PM
Right wing fringe fearmongering? Sounds like either a lone nut or a staged event.of course it was. But we never heard of census workers being lynched and the word "FED" carved into his chest before. What has changed that allowed the fringe to act?

Stinger
09-23-2009, 11:21 PM
I think at some point you have to ask what is the most likely inference.

You can't just say "well, he's a census worker and had the word fed painted on his body, but shucks Roscoe, we got no leads, whatever will we do?"

So anything that has to with a negative light against the "Fed" or Federal government is automatically a right wing issue? I am trying to see a definite connection here. So if we believe Obama listened to Rev Wright we can infer what ....... If Bill Ayers did actually have Obama's ear we can infer what .... Or if a person compares a bus driver to a teacher we can infer what ..... Or if Nancy said she saw Nazi paraphernalia at rallies we can infer what ....
<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=Gdnz4zprSU" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=Gdnz4zprSU" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

As we have seen throughout history and everyday life ... Things are not always what they seem and it is not a good thing to infer or place blame without the actual truth or proof ... But then again this part of the forum would not be what it is if we didn't do that I guess.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-23-2009, 11:25 PM
of course it was. But we never heard of census workers being lynched and the word "FED" carved into his chest before. What has changed that allowed the fringe to act?

I dunno until we know the facts(even those hidden) we won't be able to judge if it was a federal agent, a bubba that had the IRS take everything or Rahm Emanuel with a candlestick in the kitchen.

BigRedChief
09-23-2009, 11:29 PM
I dunno until we know the facts(even those hidden) we won't be able to judge if it was a federal agent, a bubba that had the IRS take everything or Rahm Emanuel with a candlestick in the kitchen.What we don't have to wait on for "facts" is the fact that whoever did this was really pissed off at the federal government, correct? A lot of people have been pissed off at the Federal government for a long time. What has changed?

banyon
09-23-2009, 11:30 PM
So anything that has to with a negative light against the "Fed" or Federal government is automatically a right wing issue? I am trying to see a definite connection here. So if we believe Obama listened to Rev Wright we can infer what ....... If Bill Ayers did actually have Obama's ear we can infer what .... Or if a person compares a bus driver to a teacher we can infer what ..... Or if Nancy said she saw Nazi paraphernalia at rallies we can infer what ....
<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=Gdnz4zprSU" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=Gdnz4zprSU" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

As we have seen throughout history and everyday life ... Things are not always what they seem and it is not a good thing to infer or place blame without the actual truth or proof ... But then again this part of the forum would not be what it is if we didn't do that I guess.

Like I said, you have to abandon common sense in favor of political desire to ignore the bare facts of the situation.

It would be like if a black man was hugn dead by a tree with the "N" word painted on his chest and there were people in the forum tring to say "Well, wait it's equally reasonable to assume these were the actions of a black person trying to stage a shock event. No, of course it's not f*cking equally reasonable, one is an unlikely conspiracy and the other is likely. In tha absence of evidence to the contrary, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-23-2009, 11:30 PM
What we don't have to wait on for "facts" is the fact that whoever did this was really pissed off at the federal government, correct? A lot of people have been pissed off at the Federal government for a long time. What has changed?

Incorrect if it was a staged event to gather sympathy then that would not be the case.

BigRedChief
09-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Incorrect if it was a staged event to gather sympathy then that would not be the case.True dat. But highly unlikely.And also its just a matter of time before a couple of people get killed at some protest. Some elected official is harmed by the public.
It's just as inevitable as the sun coming up tommorrow.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-23-2009, 11:42 PM
True dat. But highly unlikely.And also its just a matter of time before a couple of people get killed at some protest. Some elected official is harmed by the public.

I certainly can't predict the future, therefore i must wait for more information and see how it stacks up.

BigRedChief
09-23-2009, 11:45 PM
I certainly can't predict the future, therefore i must wait for more information and see how it stacks up.
Wellll I can see the future. The sun is going to come up tommorrow. And there will be violence, political violence on Americans committed by Americans.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-23-2009, 11:52 PM
Wellll I can see the future. The sun is going to come up tommorrow. And there will be violence, political violence on Americans committed by Americans.

If you're referring to evil thoughts then yes that happens everyday.

alanm
09-24-2009, 03:00 AM
I swear, the Left has just ****ing lost it. The country doesn't support them like they think they should, and now they are just going over the edge.I think they should all throw a tantrum and hold their breath for say..10 minutes. Or as long as it takes just to be sure. You know?

Rausch
09-24-2009, 05:36 AM

History says people have always hated politicians.

The more effective they are the more people plan their demise...

HonestChieffan
09-24-2009, 06:42 AM
Dirk did say not to jump to conclusions. Looks like that part was overlooked. Maybe there will be more info today.

BigRedChief
09-24-2009, 07:22 AM
Dirk did say not to jump to conclusions. Looks like that part was overlooked. Maybe there will be more info today.My point is that this incident, regadless of the details is only the first. That it is inevitabie someone is going to get hurt or killed because of political violence. How much has this country went through without killing or hurting each other over politics?

As recently as 2000 the guy with the most votes didn't win, the brother of the winner was in charge of the state that decided the election. That brought out passionate citizens into the streets with protests and counter protests, but there was no violence. say we have a repeat of the same scenerio in 2012, do you think there won't be violence?

Politicans need to step up and ratchet down the vitriol and Nazi/facist etc. refrences that attempt to dehumanize and therefore make the the fringe see violence as an acceptable alternative.

Mr. Kotter
09-24-2009, 07:28 AM

Politicans need to step up and ratchet down the vitriol and Nazi/facist etc. refrences that attempt to dehumanize and therefore make the the fringe see violence as an acceptable alternative.

Good to see you say that....just wondering why I don't recall similar warnings from you, when the target of those Nazi/facist references was W.

:hmmm:

Perhaps I just missed them though..... :shrug:

HonestChieffan
09-24-2009, 07:33 AM
Maybe he was killed by aliens. Hell all this speculation is amazing. Maybe there are angry midgets who inhabit the local hills who are bothered by bright lights on moonless nights.

Im going with the angry midgets theory because I know that bright lights that move erratically in the woods can really mess with your head.

InChiefsHell
09-24-2009, 07:35 AM
This is exactly what the left has been warning about...it has begun...the end of the world is nigh...

petegz28
09-24-2009, 07:37 AM

Nice spin job. It is just as easy to say someone on the Left did this and put "Fed" on the body as easy as it is to say some RW whaco did it. There is motive for both.

BigRedChief
09-24-2009, 07:40 AM
Good to see you say that....just wondering why I don't recall similar warnings from you, when the target of those Nazi/facist references was W.

Perhaps I just missed them though..... :shrug:
Maybe because he was?:D

As I said when I first brought this up during the town hall era this summer, the Dems were guilty of this in the late 60's/early 70's. They found the fringe element useful so they paid lip service to denouncing the fringe. How do you think the whole conservative backlash of America, love it or leave it started? If the dems had spoken out more forcefully that wouldn't have happened. But now the whole left of the political spectrum was viewed as kooks who we would be better off without anyway.

History is just repeating itself. But, the times have changed and so has society. You get pissed off, kill your whole family, take a gun into work and kill the boss, these are not isolated acts anymore. You combine the borderline mentally stable and fringe politics into all this and watch out, cause here it comes....

petegz28
True dat. But highly unlikely.And also its just a matter of time before a couple of people get killed at some protest. Some elected official is harmed by the public.

Highly unlikely? Wrong. Let's look at the party who has a history of dealing with criminal thugs. It isn't the Right. Let's look at the Admin who comes from a city who uses thugery and corruption as part of their SOP.

And let's look at who has been violent at these protests. It isn't the alleged RW nuts. It was an Obama supporter who bit off the finger of a protestor. But we aren't supposed to remembr that, I guess?

Baby Lee
Breaking News!! They caught the guy.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BjGpcEA-FyE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BjGpcEA-FyE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

blaise
09-24-2009, 08:39 AM

You have to be the dumbest ass here. That is a truly stupid post. What a total dick you are.

blaise
09-24-2009, 08:41 AM
My point is that this incident, regadless of the details is only the first. That it is inevitabie someone is going to get hurt or killed because of political violence. How much has this country went through without killing or hurting each other over politics?

As recently as 2000 the guy with the most votes didn't win, the brother of the winner was in charge of the state that decided the election. That brought out passionate citizens into the streets with protests and counter protests, but there was no violence. say we have a repeat of the same scenerio in 2012, do you think there won't be violence?

I didn't detect the same outrage from the left when people were showing up to the RNC with molotov cocktails and throwing rocks at buses.

Radar Chief
09-24-2009, 08:44 AM
Highly unlikely? Wrong. Let's look at the party who has a history of dealing with criminal thugs. It isn't the Right. Let's look at the Admin who comes from a city who uses thugery and corruption as part of their SOP.

And let's look at who has been violent at these protests. It isn't the alleged RW nuts. It was an Obama supporter who bit off the finger of a protestor. But we aren't supposed to remembr that, I guess?

That was an accident. /jAZ

blaise
09-24-2009, 09:04 AM
I remember when those right wing nutjobs caused property damage, broke windows and set fires at the 1999 Seattle WTO meetings.

***SPRAYER
09-24-2009, 09:06 AM
You have to be the dumbest ass here. That is a truly stupid post. What a total dick you are.

Fluh--- fluh--- PHOOEY!

***SPRAYER
09-24-2009, 09:07 AM
That was an accident. /jAZ

ROFL

BigRedChief
09-24-2009, 09:14 AM
I remember when those right wing nutjobs caused property damage, broke windows and set fires at the 1999 Seattle WTO meetings.
There are nutjobs and fringe elements in every political affiliation. That will never change. But, if the mainstream part of that political affiliation creates an enviornment that emboldens that fringe/nutjob into acting on their long time goals of violence against political targets, the mainstream must be responsible for pulling it back. I think this happened in 2000 on both sides of the party lines. There wasn't an attempt to muzzle the protesters from the mainstream but the message was clear from all....march and protest peacefully. Don't do anything to provoke violence.

banyon
09-24-2009, 09:18 AM
This thread is an epitome of the new "both sides have to be listened to equally, no matter how unreasonable one view is" mentality that has been beaten into people by the corporate news over the last 20 years. Makes us out to be a bunch of indecisive mendicants.

blaise
09-24-2009, 09:19 AM
There are nutjobs and fringe elements in every political affiliation. That will never change. But, if the mainstream part of that political affiliation creates an enviornment that emboldens that fringe/nutjob into acting on their long time goals of violence against political targets, the mainstream must be responsible for pulling it back. I think this happened in 2000 on both sides of the party lines. There wasn't an attempt to muzzle the protesters from the mainstream but the message was clear from all....march and protest peacefully. Don't do anything to provoke violence.

I'm not sure of your point. Are you claiming the mainstream part of the right is creating an environment that emblodens fringe/nutjobs, but that hasn't occurred with the left? Is that what you're trying to say?

blaise
09-24-2009, 09:23 AM
This thread is an epitome of the new "both sides have to be listened to equally, no matter how unreasonable one view is" mentality that has been beaten into people by the corporate news over the last 20 years. Makes us out to be a bunch of indecisive mendicants.

It's also a thread where some people on one side of the political spectrum seize on a particular incident, and use that incident to portray the opposition as irrational and dangerous while choosing to ignore the fact that those same characteristics occur within their own group.

Frankie
09-24-2009, 09:39 AM

8 Murders
17 Attempted Murders
41 Bombings
175 Arsons
390 Invasions
1400 Vandalism
1993 Trespassing
100 Butyric Acid Attacks
659 Anthrax threats
179 Assault & Battery
406 Death threats
4 Kidnappings
151 Burglaries
525 Stalking
642 Bomb Threats

The end of this thread. Everything has been said in this one post. Thanks Saggy.

Frankie
09-24-2009, 09:41 AM

So you discount attempted murders just because they did not succeed?

petegz28
09-24-2009, 09:45 AM
So you discount attempted murders just because they did not succeed?

17 in 32 years? WOW! just over 1 a year.....

***SPRAYER
09-24-2009, 09:48 AM
There are nutjobs and fringe elements in every political affiliation. That will never change. But, if the mainstream part of that political affiliation creates an enviornment that emboldens that fringe/nutjob into acting on their long time goals of violence against political targets, the mainstream must be responsible for pulling it back.

At least there is a mainstream left in the Republican party. Who's going to pull back moveon.org, dailykoz, and michael moore? That is the mainstream in the dem party.

Frankie
09-24-2009, 09:51 AM

I explained it a few posts later. But you didn't read it, did you? I said your side has way more dangerous militia-minded loonies who are armed and ready to shoot. That puts way more responsibility on the shoulders of the Rights Gods and Godesses, like Limbaugh, Beck, and Bachmann NOT to to come up with irresponsible, agitating statements. But they do just the opposite. They stirr the sh!t everyday. I have come to gradually believe that some of them actually want Obama to be assasinated.:shake:

wild1
09-24-2009, 09:58 AM

There were some stories in the press last summer about lefties throwing cinderblocks and sand tubes at cars from highway overpasses, and plotting to kidnap convention delegates for the RNC, smashing storefront windows and car windows. It's good to know that those weren't actual lefties. Must have just been a typo or something.

blaise
09-24-2009, 10:02 AM
There were some stories in the press last summer about lefties throwing cinderblocks and sand tubes at cars from highway overpasses, and plotting to kidnap convention delegates for the RNC, smashing storefront windows and car windows. It's good to know that those weren't actual lefties. Must have just been a typo or something.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/09/rnc-protests.html

Just bumper stickers.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/Conventions/story?id=5718900&page=1

wild1
09-24-2009, 10:13 AM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/09/rnc-protests.html

Just bumper stickers.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/Conventions/story?id=5718900&page=1

Oh, I forgot about the molotov cocktails. There were police cars set on fire too. And who could forget the angry mob, I mean, the peaceful protestors who had to be dispersed off the capitol lawn with tear gas and such. Those crazy sticker-stickers.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Let's get to the real terrorists and nut jobs look at how many people die every year in traffic related deaths.

year ↓ deaths ↓ population ↓ Fraction of
population ↓ %change ↓
1975 44,525 215,973,199 0.000206160 N/A
1976 45,523 218,035,164 0.000208787 ▲1.27%
1977 47,878 220,239,425 0.000217391 ▲4.12%
1978 50,331 222,584,545 0.000226121 ▲4.02%
1979 51,093 225,055,487 0.000227024 ▲0.40%
1980 51,091 227,224,681 0.000224848 ▼0.96%
1981 49,301 229,465,714 0.000214851 ▼4.45%
1982 43,945 231,664,458 0.000189692 ▼11.71%
1983 42,589 233,791,994 0.000182166 ▼3.97%
1984 44,257 235,824,902 0.000187669 ▲3.02%
1985 43,825 237,923,795 0.000184198 ▼1.85%
1986 46,087 240,132,887 0.000191923 ▲4.19%
1987 46,390 242,288,918 0.000191466 ▼0.24%
1988 47,087 244,498,982 0.000192586 ▲0.58%
1989 45,582 246,819,230 0.000184678 ▼4.11%
1990 44,599 249,464,396 0.000178779 ▼3.19%
1991 41,508 252,153,092 0.000164614 ▼7.92%
1992 39,250 255,029,699 0.000153904 ▼6.51%
1993 40,150 257,782,608 0.000155751 ▲1.20%
1994 40,716 260,327,021 0.000156403 ▲0.42%
1995 41,817 262,803,276 0.000159119 ▲1.74%
1996 42,065 265,228,572 0.000158599 ▼0.33%
1997 42,013 267,783,607 0.000156892 ▼1.08%
1998 41,501 270,248,003 0.000153566 ▼2.12%
1999 41,717 272,690,813 0.000152983 ▼0.38%
2000 41,945 282,216,952 0.000148627 ▼2.85%
2001 42,196 285,226,284 0.000147939 ▼0.46%
2002 43,005 288,125,973 0.000149258 ▲0.89%
2003 42,643 290,796,023 0.000146642 ▼1.75%
2004 42,836 293,638,158 0.000145880 ▼0.52%
2005 43,443 296,507,061 0.000146516 ▲0.44%
2006 42,642 299,398,484 0.000142426 ▼2.79%
2007 41,059 301,139,947 0.000137840 ▼3.85%
2008 43,313 303,824,640 0.000142559 ▲5.49%

We must stop this senseless violence. :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motor_vehicle_deaths_in_U.S._by_year

tooge
09-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Maybe he was hungry and those country kentuckians wanted someone to "feed' him.

gblowfish
09-24-2009, 11:48 AM
I thought this was interesting:

Bob Dole
09-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Poor bastard probably stumbled upon someone's moonshine shack and the hillbillies thought he was undercover ATF.

blaise
09-24-2009, 11:59 AM
Poor bastard probably stumbled upon someone's moonshine shack and the hillbillies thought he was undercover ATF.

Or meth lab.

Mr. Kotter
09-24-2009, 12:00 PM

8 Murders
17 Attempted Murders
41 Bombings
175 Arsons
390 Invasions
1400 Vandalism
1993 Trespassing
100 Butyric Acid Attacks
659 Anthrax threats
179 Assault & Battery
406 Death threats
4 Kidnappings
151 Burglaries
525 Stalking
642 Bomb Threats

Source/link....Saggy?

FTR, I'm not disputing anything....but I'm willing to bet that a similar list could be put together about groups like....ACT/UP, EarthFirst, or even splinter groups of GreenPeace...

Frankie
09-24-2009, 12:03 PM
I swear, the Left has just ****ing lost it. The country doesn't support them like they think they should, and now they are just going over the edge.

Yeah you are right. All of that is the byproduct of winning a presidential election convincingly and winning the house and the senate. Puts a lot of deprivation on a lefty's psychie.

Frankie
09-24-2009, 12:05 PM

Thanks. You didn't have to tell me your opinion in a post. ROFL Your frequent neg-reps should suffice.

blaise
09-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Thanks. You didn't have to tell me your opinion in a post. ROFL Your frequent neg-reps should suffice.

I've never neg repped you. What the hell are you talking about?

RJ
09-24-2009, 12:09 PM
I thought this was interesting:

Where did you come across that?

KILLER_CLOWN
09-24-2009, 12:12 PM

Just a guess but i'll take the Southern Poverty Law Center for $250.

gblowfish
09-24-2009, 12:19 PM

http://patriotboy.blogspot.com/

Frankie
09-24-2009, 12:21 PM
At least there is a mainstream left in the Republican party.

ROFLROFLROFL

http://cinie.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/ph2009012701302.jpg http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/44236/thumbs/s-BACHMANN-large.jpg http://americanglob.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Glenn-Beck-Shhh2.jpg

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/savage.jpg http://abagond.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/sarah-palin-wink.jpg

http://images3.makefive.com/images/200917/de5c624ec653a31b.jpg http://bulletproofglace.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/oreillymada30efbns9.jpg http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Vdltw3lS9BA/SiQ_q9IWinI/AAAAAAAAA3Q/iCTY00r1uGM/s400/malkin-foxnews.jpg [img]http://mybarrelomonkeys.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/dick-cheney.jpg http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/Karl-Rove_elitist.jpg http://www.1490wstp.com/shows/1163168920796-415739885.jpeg

ROFL

Did I miss anybody?

KILLER_CLOWN
09-24-2009, 12:25 PM
ROFLROFLROFL

http://cinie.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/ph2009012701302.jpg http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/44236/thumbs/s-BACHMANN-large.jpg http://americanglob.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Glenn-Beck-Shhh2.jpg

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/savage.jpg http://abagond.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/sarah-palin-wink.jpg

http://images3.makefive.com/images/200917/de5c624ec653a31b.jpg http://bulletproofglace.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/oreillymada30efbns9.jpg http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Vdltw3lS9BA/SiQ_q9IWinI/AAAAAAAAA3Q/iCTY00r1uGM/s400/malkin-foxnews.jpg

ROFL

Did I miss anybody?

Savage looks Dapper there!

petegz28
09-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Yeah you are right. All of that is the byproduct of winning a presidential election convincingly and winning the house and the senate. Puts a lot of deprivation on a lefty's psychie.

Yet they can't get health care passed.....ROFL

Victims of your own fucking egos

blaise
09-24-2009, 01:08 PM

So, Frankie, were you mistaken or just making stuff up?

***SPRAYER
09-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Flunkie, those aren't pictures of the "mainstream". My God you are stupid.

Frankie
09-24-2009, 01:21 PM
So, Frankie, were you mistaken or just making stuff up?

To be honest, you have not neg-repped RECENTLY. So I stand corrected.

Brock
09-24-2009, 01:23 PM

So you were lying before?

Frankie
09-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Flunkie, those aren't pictures of the "mainstream". My God you are stupid.

Are you denying that the party beholds to these guys and you and the rest of the NJs get your news and encouragements from them? If so, then look in the mirror to see "stupid."

blaise
09-24-2009, 01:25 PM

When have I done it at all, ever? I don't think I ever have, and if I have it was once at the most. I really don't think I have. The only reason I ever do is because someone just did it to me. I think you're full of crap.

Frankie
09-24-2009, 01:34 PM
When have I done it at all, ever? I don't think I ever have, and if I have it was once at the most. I really don't think I have. The only reason I ever do is because someone just did it to me. I think you're full of crap.

I just check my rep history. You are correct and I have to man up to it. YOU HAVE NOT NEG-REPPED ME. Actually it was Basileus I was remembering. Blaise and Basileus are kinda close when they get vague in your memory. And since I'm man enough to admit my mistake, I'm man enough to apologize for it. So you have my apology.

blaise
09-24-2009, 01:35 PM
I just check my rep history. You are correct and I have to man up to it. YOU HAVE NOT NEG-REPPED ME. Actually it was Basileus I was remembering. Blaise and Basileus are kinda close when they get vague in your memory. And since I'm man enough to admit my mistake, I'm man enough to apologize for it. So you have my apology.

Good enough.

***SPRAYER
09-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Are you denying that the party beholds to these guys and you and the rest of the NJs get your news and encouragements from them? If so, then look in the mirror to see "stupid."

If the party "beholds" to those guys, how come McCain got the nomination? Thats number 1. Second of all, how come BRC said this

Who is the "mainstream", Flunkie??? Do you even know? I'm sure BRC was not referring to Michael Savage, you friggin' dope.

BigRedChief
09-24-2009, 01:53 PM
If the party "beholds" to those guys, how come McCain got the nomination? Thats number 1. Second of all, how come BRC said this

Who is the "mainstream", Flunkie??? Do you even know? I'm sure BRC was not referring to Michael Savage, you friggin' dope.
I don't know who Michael Savage is, so no, it wasn't a refrence to him, but a general refrence to fringe elements on both sides.

***SPRAYER
09-24-2009, 01:56 PM
I don't know who Michael Savage is, so no, it wasn't a refrence to him, but a general refrence to fringe elements on both sides.

I knew what you meant (Flunkie has a reading comprehension problem) and to clarify my point in rebuttal:

The right has a mainstream. The left doesn't.

Case in point: Republicans presented us conservatives with an unpalatable candidate in John McCain, wheras Democrats presented the most far left wing, radical guy in the party.

Right?

BigRedChief
09-24-2009, 01:58 PM
I knew what you meant (Flunkie has a reading comprehension problem) and to clarify my point in rebuttal:

The right has a mainstream. The left doesn't.

Case in point: Republicans presented us conservatives with an unpalatable candidate in John McCain, wheras Democrats presented the most far left wing, radical guy in the party.

Right?
uhhhh, no.

BigRedChief
09-24-2009, 02:04 PM
Slain census worker was warned about area

Anti-government anger eyed after man found with ‘fed’ scrawled on chest

The Associated Press
updated 11:37 a.m. CT, Thurs., Sept . 24, 2009

<SCRIPT language=javascript> function UpdateTimeStamp(pdt) { var n = document.getElementById("udtD"); if(pdt != '' && n && window.DateTime) { var dt = new DateTime(); pdt = dt.T2D(pdt); if(dt.GetTZ(pdt)) {n.innerHTML = dt.D2S(pdt,(('false'.toLowerCase()=='false')?false:true));} } } UpdateTimeStamp('633894070204570000');</SCRIPT>
WASHINGTON - When Bill Sparkman told retired trooper Gilbert Acciardo that he was going door-to-door collecting census data in rural Kentucky, the former cop drew on years of experience for a warning: "Be careful."
The 51-year-old Sparkman was found this month hanged from a tree near a Kentucky cemetery with the word "fed" scrawled on his chest, a law enforcement official said Wednesday, and the FBI is investigating whether he was a victim of anti-government sentiment.

"Even though he was with the Census Bureau, sometimes people can view someone with any government agency as 'the government.' I just was afraid that he might meet the wrong character along the way up there," said Acciardo, who directs an after-school program at an elementary school where Sparkman was a frequent substitute teacher.
The Census Bureau has suspended door-to-door interviews in rural Clay County, where the body was found, until the investigation is complete, an official said.

The law enforcement official, who was not authorized to discuss the case and requested anonymity, did not say what type of instrument was used to write the word on the chest of Sparkman, who was supplementing his income doing Census field work. He was found Sept. 12 in a remote patch of Daniel Boone National Forest and an autopsy report is pending.
Manchester, the main hub of the southeastern Kentucky county, is an exit off the highway, with a Walmart, a few hotels, chain restaurants and a couple gas stations. The drive away from town and toward the area where Sparkman's body was found goes through sparsely populated forest with no streetlights, on winding roads that run up and down steep hills.

Dangerous terrain
Manchester Police Chief Jeff Culver, whose agency is not part of the investigation because the death was outside city limits, said the area where Sparkman was found has a history of problems with prescription drug and methamphetamine trading.

"That part of the county, it has its ups and downs. We'll get a lot of complaints of drug activity. They'll whittle away, then flourish back up," Culver said. He said officers last month rounded up 40 drug suspects, mostly dealers, and made several more arrests in subsequent days.
FBI spokesman David Beyer said the bureau is assisting state police and declined to discuss any details of the crime scene. Agents are trying to determine if foul play was involved and whether it had anything to do with Sparkman's job as Census worker, Beyer said. Attacking a federal worker during or because of his federal job is a federal crime.

Lucindia Scurry-Johnson, assistant director of the Census Bureau's southern office in Charlotte, N.C., said law enforcement officers have told the agency the matter is "an apparent homicide" but nothing else.
Census employees were told Sparkman's truck was found nearby, and a computer he was using for work was inside, she said.

'Such an innocent person'
Sparkman's mother, Henrie Sparkman of Inverness, Fla., told The Associated Press her son was an Eagle scout who moved to Kentucky to direct the local Boy Scouts of America. He later became a substitute teacher in Laurel County, adjacent to the county where his body was found.

She said investigators have given her few details about her son's death. They did tell her his body was decomposed and haven't yet released it for burial.

"I was told it would be better for him to be cremated," she said.
Acciardo said he became suspicious and went to police when Sparkman didn't show up for work at the after-school program in Laurel County for two days. Authorities immediately investigated, he said.
"He was such an innocent person," Acciardo said. "I hate to say that he was naive, but he saw the world as all good, and there's a lot of bad in the world."

'Saddened'
Sparkman had worked for the Census since 2003 in five counties in the surrounding area, conducting interviews once or twice a month. Much of his recent work had been in Clay County, officials said.

The Census Bureau has yet to begin door-to-door canvassing for the 2010 head count, but thousands of field workers are doing smaller surveys on various demographic topics on behalf of federal agencies. Next year, the Census Bureau will dispatch up to 1.2 million temporary employees to locate hard-to-find residents.

Mary Hibbard, a teacher in Manchester, said she recognized Sparkman on the news as the census worker who visited her house this summer for about 10 minutes. Hibbard said he asked some basic questions including the size of her house, how many rooms it had and how much she paid monthly for electricity.

"I know he has a Christian background," she said. "You come to my house, we're going to talk religion."

Hibbard said she thinks most people in the area were shocked by the death.
"I think the negative publicity of it is a stigma on our county. It makes people think less of us even though this is an isolated incident."
The Census Bureau is overseen by the Commerce Department.

'A shining example'
"We are deeply saddened by the loss of our co-worker," Commerce Secretary Gary Locke said in a statement.

Locke called him "a shining example of the hardworking men and women employed by the Census Bureau."

Kelsee Brown, a waitress at Huddle House, a 24-hour chain restaurant in Manchester, when asked about the death, said she thinks the government sometimes has the wrong priorities.

"Sometimes I think the government should stick their nose out of people's business and stick their nose in their business at the same time. They care too much about the wrong things," she said.

Appalachia scholar Roy Silver, a New York City native now living in Harlan County, Ky., said he doesn't sense an outpouring of anti-government sentiment in the region as has been exhibited in town hall meetings in other parts of the country.

"I don't think distrust of government is any more or less here than anywhere else in the country," said Silver, a sociology professor at Southeast Community College.

The most deadly attack on federal workers came in 1995 when the federal building in Oklahoma City was devastated by a truck bomb, killing 168 and injuring more than 680. Timothy McVeigh, who was executed for the bombing, carried literature by ultra-right-wing, anti-government authors.
Sparkman's mother is simply waiting for answers.

"I have my own ideas, but I can't say them out loud. Not at this point," she said. "Right now, what I'm doing, I'm just waiting on the FBI to come to some conclusion."

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

***SPRAYER
09-24-2009, 02:09 PM
uhhhh, no.

So you actually think that the dem's could have elected a primary candidate more left of B.O. who could have won the general election?

blaise
09-24-2009, 02:16 PM
I really don't see why him having "Fed" on his chest means he is somehow representative of the right, or conservatives. It's like saying people that celebrated when 9/11 happened are indicative of the left. When you're talking about kooks, or people on the extreme edge of politcal philosophy I don't think you can fairly categorize them as left or right. They're fringe groups or people.
I don't listen (watch?) to Glen Beck or Michael Savage, Hannity or any of those guys, so I don't exactly know what they're saying, but I find it hard to believe they're inciting violence. I think that effect would be very small.

BigRedChief
09-24-2009, 02:21 PM
So you actually think that the dem's could have elected a primary candidate more left of B.O. who could have won the general election?
I think the democrats have a mainstream and a fringe element in their party.

InChiefsHell
09-24-2009, 02:30 PM
I really don't see why him having "Fed" on his chest means he is somehow representative of the right, or conservatives. It's like saying people that celebrated when 9/11 happened are indicative of the left. When you're talking about kooks, or people on the extreme edge of politcal philosophy I don't think you can fairly categorize them as left or right. They're fringe groups or people.
I don't listen (watch?) to Glen Beck or Michael Savage, Hannity or any of those guys, so I don't exactly know what they're saying, but I find it hard to believe they're inciting violence. I think that effect would be very small.

I'm not sure if you are following this. The guy was hanged in a tree, possibly murdered, and the word FED was written on his chest. The implication is that he was killed by someone who hates the government, ie, a right winger. So, this incident (in the eyes of those who will use it for these ends) represents vindication for all their convictions about how evil the right wing of the country is.

***SPRAYER
09-24-2009, 02:41 PM
I think the democrats have a mainstream and a fringe element in their party.

How come we never see or hear from any of the mainstream democrats?

ROYC75
09-24-2009, 02:52 PM
You people on here are so sensitive, how do you keep from killing yourself while shaving ?

ROYC75
09-24-2009, 02:56 PM
BTW, "It wasn't Me" ......... but that is down there in hillbilly country. They don't like dem revenuers hang'n round.

orange
09-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Did I miss anybody?

http://www.jossip.com/wp/docs/2009/02/hannity27.jpg

KILLER_CLOWN
09-24-2009, 09:00 PM
The Plum LineGreg Sargent's blog
Suicide Not Ruled Out For Dead Census Worker; He Was In Contact With The Ground

I’ve got some more detail for you on the case of the Bill Sparkman, the U.S. census worker who was found dead of hanging, reportedly with the word “fed” scrawled on his chest:

1) Kentucky state police have not ruled out the possibility that the death was a suicide or even that it was accidental, according to police spokesman Don Trosper.

2) His death has been ruled “asphyxia,” Trosper said in an interview. “There was a rope around his neck. It was attached to a tree,” Trosper continued, adding this intriguing detail: “He was in contact with the ground.”

That raises the possibilty that the cause of death was not hanging. Asked if this were possible, Trosper said: “Nothing is being ruled out.”

3) Trosper said the initial AP story on the death contains “flaws and errors.” That means it’s possible that the AP’s claim, based on an anonymous source, that he had the word “fed” scrawled on his chest could be false. Asked if that were the case, Trosper declined to comment.

So that’s where we are. Much more from Zachary Roth in his very useful rundown on where the case stands.

http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/uncategorized/suicide-not-ruled-out-for-dead-census-worker-he-was-in-contact-with-the-ground

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/09/census_worker_found_dead_in_kentucky_--_what_do_we.php

Bwana
09-24-2009, 10:31 PM
That's what I call a BAD DAY!

Frankie
09-25-2009, 11:37 AM
http://www.jossip.com/wp/docs/2009/02/hannity27.jpg

I didn't include him because he is more of a stupid whiner than agitator.

BigRedChief
09-25-2009, 10:50 PM
That's what I call a BAD DAY!
The witness who found the body said his body was naked. His hands and feet were duct taped together, the body was tied to the tree. And his Federal Census worker ID was duct taped to his neck and the word FED written across his chest.

***SPRAYER
09-25-2009, 11:12 PM
The witness who found the body said his body was naked. His hands and feet were duct taped together, the body was tied to the tree. And his Federal Census worker ID was duct taped to his neck and the word FED written across his chest.

It's too bad the ______ who raped and murdered Channon Christian didn't put a sticker on her "fed".

Then maybe you and all the other libtards here could get excited about that.

BigRedChief
09-25-2009, 11:25 PM
It's too bad the ______ who raped and murdered Channon Christian didn't put a sticker on her "fed".

Then maybe you and all the other libtards here could get excited about that.
Don't worry, there will be more soon...

DJ's left nut
09-25-2009, 11:50 PM
Wait.

We honestly have the lefties coming on here and implying there weren't a bunch of crazy, backwoods mother****ers floating around the hills of Kentucky until the Right came along and stirred them up?

Honest to God? That's the best y'all have? But/for the antics of Glenn Beck, some batshit crazy moonshiner in East Jesus Kentucky wouldn't have killed a government worker? Folks -- most of those hill-folk in Kentucky don't have the cable package it would require to even have access to Beck and his like. The rest of them damn sure aren't listening to talk radio.

You fellas really oughta get out more. Try meeting one of these folks first - they ain't listening to Glenn Beck or Michael Moore. These folks are their own breed and don't really give a wet fart what Michelle Malkin has to say about Barak Obama. Our firm pulled out of the rural KY counties because we really didn't want to have one of our attorneys killed. This is not your ordinary cat here.

What an insanely naive thing to even intimate.

KCWolfman
09-26-2009, 12:03 AM
I didn't include him because he is more of a stupid whiner than agitator.

Who, Al Franken?

Frankie
09-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Who, Al Franken?

Franken is witty and smart. Hannity is a whiner and stupid. Big diff.

alanm
09-26-2009, 02:23 PM
Has anyone even stumbled upon the thought that since this guy was in rural Kentucky that he may have accidentally ran into a illegal operation that was going on such as a marijuana or moonshine operation?
Wouldn't be the first time that this has happened. Ask the DEA.

HonestChieffan
09-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Has anyone even stumbled upon the thought that since this guy was in rural Kentucky that he may have accidentally ran into a illegal operation that was going on such as a marijuana or moonshine operation?

I wondered the same thing. Drugies may have got him

Chiefshrink
09-26-2009, 02:35 PM

B-I-N-G-O !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

alanm
09-26-2009, 02:40 PM
I wondered the same thing. Drugies may have got him Considering that FED was written on him and being left in the open as a warning the probability jumps to over 98% that this would seem to be the case.
The probability that this is ideology driven and that the people posting said argument seem to think so draws me to conclude that 100% of them are morans.

HonestChieffan
09-26-2009, 02:52 PM
some doped up nutbag. Methhead maybe who knows.

Radar Chief
09-26-2009, 02:53 PM
Methhead.

Yup.

Bwana
09-26-2009, 04:33 PM
some doped up nutbag. Methhead maybe who knows.

That would be my guess as well. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time and got taken out by a meth monkey.

BigRedChief
09-26-2009, 08:16 PM
That would be my guess as well. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time and got taken out by a meth monkey.
Probably but, it's still a matter of time before there is political violence in America. The mainstream needs to dial it down.

***SPRAYER
09-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Probably but, it's still a matter of time before there is political violence in America. The mainstream needs to dial it down.

ROFL

Now you're worried about media manipulation? And how do you know the Jethro who offed this census worker even owns a tv or actually knows how to turn it on?

BigRedChief
09-26-2009, 08:30 PM
ROFL

Now you're worried about media manipulation? And how do you know the Jethro who offed this census worker even owns a tv or actually knows how to turn it on?Media? I'm talking about elected officials. Party officials.

***SPRAYER
09-26-2009, 08:43 PM
Media? I'm talking about elected officials. Party officials.

Oh, ok. I'm so used to seeing the word mainstream and media used in a sentence.

Who is this "mainstream" you keep talking about? Is B.O. "mainstream"?

InChiefsHell
09-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Franken is witty and smart. Hannity is a whiner and stupid. Big diff.

Franken has not been witty or smart or even funny since SNL. He's a lunatic moonbat. Awesome leadership for the Dems...

Stinger
09-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Can we jump to any conclusion yet???

KILLER_CLOWN
09-27-2009, 10:32 PM

You May only crawl to conclusions from this point forward.

Frankie
09-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Franken has not been witty or smart or even funny since SNL.

And coincidentally since SNL you have found out that he is politically on your opposite side. It's amazing how folks get unfunny that way. :hmmm:

As for smart, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0-FYyuvrRk

blaise
09-28-2009, 09:55 AM
And coincidentally since SNL you have found out that he is politically on your opposite side. It's amazing how folks get unfunny that way. :hmmm:

You're saying people didn't know he was a liberal even back then?

***SPRAYER
09-28-2009, 09:57 AM
I thought Stuart Smalley was a funny movie.

InChiefsHell
09-28-2009, 02:18 PM
I thought Stuart Smalley was a funny movie.

One of my favorite characters on SNL.

InChiefsHell
09-28-2009, 02:23 PM

I think his Florida and Alaska were pretty weak. So there...:D

That is impressive, I will admit. I can honestly say though, that I knew he was a lib, who the hell in show business isn't? There are plenty of libtards in show business who I think are talented and funny. I just don't think the dude is funny anymore, and hasn't been for a long time.

BigRedChief
09-28-2009, 03:27 PM

That is impressive, I will admit. I can honestly say though, that I knew he was a lib, who the hell in show business isn't? There are plenty of libtards in show business who I think are talented and funny. I just don't think the dude is funny anymore, and hasn't been for a long time.
But, man, can the guy draw a map from memory or what.:)

Frankie
09-28-2009, 05:04 PM
You're saying people didn't know he was a liberal even back then?

Some people obviously didn't.

Frankie
09-28-2009, 05:06 PM

So you want him to put on his human dish suit while being a US senator?

Donger
11-24-2009, 02:34 PM

Bump.

Donger
11-24-2009, 02:36 PM
of course it was. But we never heard of census workers being lynched and the word "FED" carved into his chest before. What has changed that allowed the fringe to act?

Ouch.

wild1
11-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Bump.

Well, that's unflattering.

RJ
11-24-2009, 02:37 PM

We're getting close, just wait a few more weeks.

KCWolfman
11-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Bump.

Do you expect admission at this point?

BigRedChief
11-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Ouch.It ain't over till its over. There are those who think it was a murder and made to look like a suicide. Wheres all the conspiracy nuts when you need them.

And my main point was that the town halls and their anger would inspire nutcases to act on thier beliefs. That their behaviour was over the top and not something a democracy should hold in high esteem. Thats not going to change regardless of what happened to this guy.

KCWolfman
11-24-2009, 02:54 PM
It ain't over till its over. There are those who think it was a murder and made to look like a suicide. Wheres all the conspiracy nuts when you need them.

And my main point was that the town halls and their anger would inspire nutcases to act on thier beliefs. That their behaviour was over the top and not something a democracy should hold in high esteem. Thats not going to change regardless of what happened to this guy.

lmao -Told ya

BucEyedPea
11-24-2009, 02:55 PM
I knew a lady who helped with the census in Kentucky. She was shot 'at' a couple of times and chased off of more than one person's property at gunpoint. She took to guessing in some of the back-woods residences instead of asking.

I hear the census this year is very nosey and intrusive....could have something to do with it. OMG I've got friends here who worked for them part-time fter being laid off.

BigRedChief
11-24-2009, 02:55 PM
lmao -Told yaadmission of what? What did I say that was wrong?

Donger
11-24-2009, 02:56 PM
It ain't over till its over. There are those who think it was a murder and made to look like a suicide. Wheres all the conspiracy nuts when you need them.

Huh? What else do you need? Did you even read the other thread?

How many have acted out since the town halls?

Bootlegged
11-24-2009, 02:56 PM

From which country do you hail?

BigRedChief
11-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Huh? What else do you need? Did you even read the other thread?

How many have acted out since the town halls?
So your point is that the town hall shouting matches, bringing guns to public rallies was all cool? No biggie?

Donger
admission of what? What did I say that was wrong?

"I'm blaming the conservative and Republican commentators and representives who were silent when all this over the top BS is said in front of them or at their rallies/town halls."

I suppose you knew all along that this was a suicide?

wild1

ROFL

Donger
11-24-2009, 03:00 PM
So your point is that the town hall shouting matches, bringing guns to public rallies was all cool? No biggie?

Has your prediction of violence connected to them come true or not?

KCWolfman

You know none of us really believe this is a murder with Feds painted on someone chest only to be made to look like a suicide.

You need to stop reading Sue Grafton mysteries.

wild1
OMG I've got friends here who worked for them part-time fter being laid off.

What is so shocking about you having friends who did this?

Frankie
11-24-2009, 03:01 PM
"I'm blaming the conservative and Republican commentators and representives who were silent when all this over the top BS is said in front of them or at their rallies/town halls."

I suppose you knew all along that this was a suicide?

Was it?

wild1
11-24-2009, 03:01 PM

Is your point that there is something wrong with raising your voice or legally carrying firearms?

Donger
11-24-2009, 03:02 PM
Was it?

According to the Kentucky State Police, yes it was.

KCWolfman
11-24-2009, 03:03 PM

My first job was with the Census Bureau. Their head office was in Jeffersonville, Indiana when I was a kid. I worked there 3 years - I was never threatened, beaten, shot at, or even yelled at a single time.

I did work with several women older than me that fed me like crazy and flirted with me outrageously day in and day out.

KCWolfman
11-24-2009, 03:03 PM
According to the Kentucky State Police, yes it was.

Well you know the KY police are actually shills of Fox News.....

BigRedChief
11-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Has your prediction of violence connected to them come true or not?Yes, there was violence at the town hall meetings. And besides its my opinion. You think I'm FOS so why should you care about my opinion. I still feel the same way. Carrying guns to a public rally and shouting nazi and all the other BS was wrong and enables the fringe to act on theri long pent up agressions.

Bootlegged
Thank this person:

No - she's not a fhukking Muslim.

Brock
Owned.

wild1
My first job was with the Census Bureau. Their head office was in Jeffersonville, Indiana when I was a kid. I worked there 3 years - I was never threatened, beaten, shot at, or even yelled at a single time.

I did work with several women older than me that fed me like crazy and flirted with me outrageously day in and day out.

You're lucky that was before Obama and Health Care turned all the right-wingers out there into bloodthirsty murderers.

Bootlegged
11-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Yes, there was violence at the town hall meetings. And besides its my opinion. You think I'm FOS so why should you care about my opinion. I still feel the same way. Carrying guns to a public rally and shouting nazi and all the other BS was wrong and enables the fringe to act on theri long pent up agressions.

object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yBdbTVUeay8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yBdbTVUeay8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Donger
11-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Yes, there was violence at the town hall meetings. And besides its my opinion. You think I'm FOS so why should you care about my opinion. I still feel the same way. Carrying guns to a public rally and shouting nazi and all the other BS was wrong and enables the fringe to act on theri long pent up agressions.

What violence?

BigRedChief
You know none of us really believe this is a murder with Feds painted on someone chest only to be made to look like a suicide.

You need to stop reading Sue Grafton mysteries.I didn't say I believed it. I'm no conspiracy buff. I believe in science. If the science says he committed suicide he committed suicide.

KCWolfman
I didn't say I believed it. I'm no conspiracy buff. I believe in science. If the science says he committed suicide he committed suicide.

Then the government worker incited riots at town halls using your failed logic.

Bootlegged
11-24-2009, 03:07 PM
I didn't say I believed it. I'm no conspiracy buff. I believe in science. If the science says he committed suicide he committed suicide.

Not if the science was performed by University of East Anglia

BigRedChief
11-24-2009, 03:09 PM
What violence?Simple google search

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/06/tampa-town-hall-on-health_n_253478.html

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2009/08/06/violence_erupts_at_rep_castors_town_hall_in_tampa.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/07/obama-allied-unions-threa_n_254204.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/08/07/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5224581.shtml

http://digg.com/politics/Health_care_opponent_calls_for_town_hall_violence_on_Twitter

BucEyedPea
11-24-2009, 03:11 PM

I didn't say that. I was expressing concern for them if there is violence doing this kind of work.

Fail

HonestChieffan
11-24-2009, 03:13 PM
When you think about it suicide by hanging yourself is exactly that, jumping to a conclusion.

wild1
11-24-2009, 03:13 PM
I didn't say that. I was expressing concern for them if there is violence doing this kind of work.

Fail

At what did they fail?

KCWolfman
11-24-2009, 03:16 PM
Simple google search

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/06/tampa-town-hall-on-health_n_253478.html

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2009/08/06/violence_erupts_at_rep_castors_town_hall_in_tampa.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/07/obama-allied-unions-threa_n_254204.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/08/07/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5224581.shtml

http://digg.com/politics/Health_care_opponent_calls_for_town_hall_violence_on_Twitter
All Sparkman's fault, uncaring bastard.

Donger
One of those involved in a scuffle, Randy Arthur, of Oldsmar said he was injured by those manning the doors and said he would file a police report... Randy Arthur, who owns an air conditioning service company, later talked to police officers, his knit shirt ripped and a few scratches visible on his chest. "They slammed him into the wall,'' Kathy Arthur said

So, the violence was on the part of the people manning the doors?

Shortly thereafter, violence erupted, where there were 2-3 big goons came out and started pushing those in line, and roughing up one in the corner (see top left screen) as well as another being put in a choke hold.

Another one?

The Service Employers International Union was, as one aide put it, "deluged" with calls on Friday after several conservative media outlets accused the organization of trying to assault demonstrators who had showed up to protest Obama's health care agenda.

Seeing a pattern?

http://digg.com/politics/Health_care_opponent_calls_for_town_hall_violence_on_Twitter[/QUOTE]

Bootlegged
Simple google search

Nice - you posted links to SEIU members thuggin' it up on people attending town halls. You taint vury smaart.

BucEyedPea
11-24-2009, 03:20 PM
At what did they fail?

That was in reference to your conjecture which was completely wrong.

Donger
11-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Also, BRC, you wrote this: "It's just a matter of time before there are more."

Are the crazy righties just biding their time, or will you acknowledge that this prediction of doom was incorrect?

BigRedChief
11-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Also, BRC, you wrote this: "It's just a matter of time before there are more."

Are the crazy righties just biding their time, or will you acknowledge that this prediction of doom was incorrect?again, just my opinion. and it hasn't changed. Unless the discussion of our differences is made in a more civilized manner there will be violence done by citzens against their fellow citizens over politics. It is inevitable. That was my opinion then, and I stand by that opinion now.

Just look at this forum now compared to a few years ago. There have always been in your face posters but not like they are now. A robust and passionate debate doesn't mean we have to nasty and mean to each other.

wild1
11-24-2009, 03:28 PM
That was in reference to your conjecture which was completely wrong.

What conjecture?

InChiefsHell
11-24-2009, 03:44 PM
again, just my opinion. and it hasn't changed. Unless the discussion of our differences is made in a more civilized manner there will be violence done by citzens against their fellow citizens over politics. It is inevitable. That was my opinion then, and I stand by that opinion now.

Just look at this forum now compared to a few years ago. There have always been in your face posters but not like they are now. A robust and passionate debate doesn't mean we have to nasty and mean to each other.

So, just so I'm understanding you. You assert that basically as long as those Tea Baggers were going to protest, then they were going to get the beat down from the libtards who started shit at these rallies...so it's the fault of the protesters...

...Gotcha...:spock:

fan4ever
11-24-2009, 03:47 PM

Not sure if anyone mentioned this in response to your remark but I think the UniBomber had an Al Gore book or two . . . guess he ran out of bumper stickers for his car.

Donger
11-24-2009, 03:48 PM
again, just my opinion. and it hasn't changed. Unless the discussion of our differences is made in a more civilized manner there will be violence done by citzens against their fellow citizens over politics. It is inevitable. That was my opinion then, and I stand by that opinion now.

I see. So, they are just biding their time?

blaise
11-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Was it?

I think you made a large enough ass out of yourself in this thread already, but feel free to continue.

Saul Good
11-24-2009, 04:03 PM

The craziest stories I've heard about this forum were all from several years ago. I've heard stories about a woman lying that her son had been sexually assaulted at school in a gay bashing episode. I've heard stories about people calling other people's jobs. I've even heard stories about people showing up at other posters' houses. What has happened lately that compares to that? SPRAYER typing a bunch of posts in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS?

KCTitus
11-24-2009, 06:42 PM
LOL...this reminds me of Jaz and the Rather story about Bush's National Guard service.

BRC twisting himself into rhetorical knots...funny and sad at the same time.

Saul Good
11-24-2009, 06:49 PM
Another false flag incident. It's getting too predictable. It still shows that those who oppose big government intervention are evil though simply because it should be true.

BigRedChief
11-24-2009, 07:14 PM
LOL...this reminds me of Jaz and the Rather story about Bush's National Guard service.

BRC twisting himself into rhetorical knots...funny and sad at the same time.I'm just trying to be consistent in my views. Just like being opposed to government run health care for 20 years but my guy wants one, doesnt make it a good idea. Just because the guy commited suicide doesn't make my concerns irrelevant. I still feel the same way. Just as I feel the same way now about the tea baggers.

Saul Good
11-24-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm just trying to be consistent in my views. Just like being opposed to government run health care for 20 years but my guy wants one, doesnt make it a good idea. Just because the guy commited suicide doesn't make my concerns irrelevant. I still feel the same way. Just as I feel the same way now about the tea baggers.

You have this animosity towards the "teabaggers", yet you seem to agree with everything they stand for. Why the disconnect?

KCTitus
11-24-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm just trying to be consistent in my views. Just like being opposed to government run health care for 20 years but my guy wants one, doesnt make it a good idea. Just because the guy commited suicide doesn't make my concerns irrelevant. I still feel the same way. Just as I feel the same way now about the tea baggers.

dont start worrying about consistency now...that ship has long sailed.

Curious, why the deroagtory term for the Tea Parties? Do you have an animosity toward gay sex practices and feel it justifies your derision toward the Tea Parties?

BigRedChief
11-24-2009, 07:26 PM
You have this animosity towards the "teabaggers", yet you seem to agree with everything they stand for. Why the disconnect?I may be sympathetic to some of their views but I oppose their methods to achieve their goals. Secusssion talk, nazi refrences etc.

You are one of the few who have been paying attenttion and realize despite my backing of Obama I have many core beliefs that are in line with core Republican values. I wish more would pay attention.

BigRedChief
11-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Curious, why the deroagtory term for the Tea Parties? Do you have an animosity toward gay sex practices and feel it justifies your derision toward the Tea Parties?tea baggers is a dergatory term?

KCTitus
11-24-2009, 07:28 PM
tea baggers is a dergatory term?

Yep. It's why you are using the term. I mean, you didnt really learn in history class about the Boston 'Tea Baggers'.

BigRedChief
11-24-2009, 07:30 PM
Yep.Since when?

Saul Good
11-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Since when?

You can't be serious can you? Haven't you noticed that all of the liberal shills are the ones using the term while giggling as if they'd said something clever? See Cooper, Anderson

KCTitus
11-24-2009, 07:41 PM
Since when?

Since you started quoting it from the MSM...

BigRedChief
11-24-2009, 07:47 PM
You can't be serious can you? Haven't you noticed that all of the liberal shills are the ones using the term while giggling as if they'd said something clever? See Cooper, AndersonI don't watch anderson cooper.

I'm serious I didn't know it was a deragotory name. I think there are some astroturf groups out there but I do believe that the majority of the attendees at the tea bag events are "real" pissed off Americans.

KCTitus
11-24-2009, 07:53 PM
I don't watch anderson cooper.

I'm serious I didn't know it was a deragotory name. I think there are some astroturf groups out there but I do believe that the majority of the attendees at the tea bag events are "real" pissed off Americans.

Again, if you're going to use the term, at least understand what it means, although, I know you know what it means and are being obtuse on purpose.

Saul Good
11-24-2009, 07:56 PM
I don't watch anderson cooper.

They call the people who attend tea parties "teabaggers" in reference to the gay sexual act of teabagging in which one man puts his sack into another man's mouth and dips it in like a person dipping a teabag into a mug.

For a group that is supposed to be progressive and enlightened when it comes to homosexuals, they sure are quick to use homosexuality as a pejorative.

BigRedChief
11-24-2009, 08:06 PM
pejorative.
WTF? Where is my dictionary?

BigRedChief
11-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Again, if you're going to use the term, at least understand what it means, although, I know you know what it means and are being obtuse on purpose.
http://rlv.zcache.com/democrat_dictionary_misspoke_you_mangled_my_tshirt-p235160899947126354qmbd_400.jpg

KCTitus
11-24-2009, 08:12 PM
Are you saying that you misspoke or that I misquoted you? If either, you've admitted you understand the use of the term as a term of derision.

Saul Good
11-24-2009, 08:13 PM
WTF? Where is my dictionary?

Use context to help determine the meaning.

BigRedChief
11-24-2009, 08:16 PM
Are you saying that you misspoke or that I misquoted you? If either, you've admitted you understand the use of the term as a term of derision.of course I was using the term as a diss toward those groups. I didn't realize it was offensive on the scale of the n word or fa##ot.

KCTitus
11-24-2009, 08:19 PM
of course I was using the term as a diss toward those groups. I didn't realize it was offensive on the scale of the n word or fa##ot.

Oh, I thought you didnt know...the 'scale' of offense is meaningless, you've admitted your intent, which proves my point.

Thanks.

Frankie
11-25-2009, 12:54 PM
I think you made a large enough ass out of yourself in this thread already, but feel free to continue.

Hey turkey. I just asked. Cause I hadn't heard. Now who's the ass?

HonestChieffan
11-25-2009, 03:27 PM
I may be sympathetic to some of their views but I oppose their methods to achieve their goals. Secusssion talk, nazi refrences etc.

You are one of the few who have been paying attenttion and realize despite my backing of Obama I have many core beliefs that are in line with core Republican values. I wish more would pay attention.

It was Pelosi who called the patriots Nazi's.

jjjayb
11-25-2009, 03:53 PM
I may be sympathetic to some of their views but I oppose their methods to achieve their goals. Secusssion talk, nazi refrences etc.

Lol. Now you have a problem with people referring to the president as a Nazi? Where have you been the last 8 years? You must have been really upset when people called for the President's death. Oh wait, that's right, you weren't. Because it was the left calling for Bush's death.

http://www.zombietime.com/us_out_of_iraq_now_sf_3-18-2007/IMG_2416.JPG

http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/wp-content/images2009/saveearthkillbush.jpg

http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/wp-content/images2009/hangbushringo.jpg

http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/wp-content/images2009/Bush_is_the_disease.jpg

http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/wp-content/images2009/imheretokillbush.jpg

http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/wp-content/images2009/onlydoperingo.jpg

http://www.zombietime.com/sf_anti-war_rally_oct_27_2007/passive-aggressive_syndrome/IMG_9676.JPG

http://www.zombietime.com/us_out_of_iraq_now_sf_3-18-2007/IMG_2393.JPG

http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/wp-content/images2009/bushbeheaded.jpg

http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/wp-content/images2009/BushWhackerElMarco.jpg

http://www.zombietime.com/sf_rally_april_10_2004/characters/120-2044_IMG.JPG

http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/wp-content/images2009/nooseLastMohican.jpg

http://www.zombietime.com/sf_anti-war_rally_oct_27_2007/passive-aggressive_syndrome/IMG_9815.JPG

http://www.zombietime.com/no_troop_escalation/IMG_1727.JPG

http://zombietime.com/churchill_in_bay_area/churchill_sf_march_25_2005/155-5568_IMG.JPG

http://www.zombietime.com/sf_rally_september_24_2005/portrait_gallery/IMG_2478.JPG

http://www.zombietime.com/global_day_of_action_march_18_2006/IMG_5653.JPG

http://www.zombietime.com/sf_rally_march_20_2004/idiots/118-1853_IMG.JPG

http://www.zombietime.com/anti-july_4th_sf/IMG_4544.JPG

http://www.zombietime.com/sf_rally_march_20_2004/anti-american/119-1912_IMG.JPG

Funny, you never saw these protesters denounced on MSNBC, CNN, ABC etc.. either. But find one Hitler reference at an anti-Obama rally and they're all a bunch of racist violence causing haters.

Chief Henry
11-25-2009, 04:17 PM
It was Pelosi who called the patriots Nazi's.

But BRC said it was the teabaggers ! Who's in a position of power ?
Pelosi or the teabaggers ?

Chief Henry
11-25-2009, 04:19 PM
Lol. Now you have a problem with people referring to the president as a Nazi? Where have you been the last 8 years? You must have been really upset when people called for the President's death. Oh wait, that's right, you weren't. Because it was the left calling for Bush's death.

http://www.zombietime.com/sf_anti-war_rally_oct_27_2007/passive-aggressive_syndrome/IMG_9676.JPG

http://www.zombietime.com/sf_anti-war_rally_oct_27_2007/passive-aggressive_syndrome/IMG_9815.JPG

http://zombietime.com/churchill_in_bay_area/churchill_sf_march_25_2005/155-5568_IMG.JPG

http://www.zombietime.com/sf_rally_september_24_2005/portrait_gallery/IMG_2478.JPG

Funny, you never saw these protesters denounced on MSNBC, CNN, ABC etc.. either. But find one Hitler reference at an anti-Obama rally and they're all a bunch of racist violence causing haters.

They all have short memories.

Chief Henry
11-25-2009, 04:21 PM
The guy had purchased life insurance and then killed himself. He didn't read his policy over. Life Insurance doesn't pay claims due to suicide in the first two years of owning the policy.

Saul Good
11-25-2009, 06:27 PM
The guy had purchased life insurance and then killed himself. He didn't read his policy over. Life Insurance doesn't pay claims due to suicide in the first two years of owning the policy.

Not quite. He did read the policy over, and he was aware of the exclusion. That's why he tried to make it look like he was murdered.

Saul Good
11-25-2009, 06:29 PM

Can you even imagine what would happen if there was a bumper sticker that said "Support Obama" with a picture of a noose on it, a guy actually dragging around an effigy of Obama in a noose, or someone carrying a sign that read, "I'm here to shoot Obama"?

This is 1000x worse than anything that has been said/done against Obama, and I challenge the libs to admit it.

headsnap
11-25-2009, 10:19 PM
tea baggers is a dergatory term?

HOLY FVCKING S#IT!!!!

you can't be serious? are you?

:shake: