PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Could we get some more 0-1 post cut and paste threads from "honest" Chieffan

banyon
09-23-2009, 05:40 PM
I mean FFS. Is this supposed to generate some kind of interesting discussion?

Most of them are without any comment, and if anyone does post it's just to high five and knee-slap "Oh yeah, that's bad, ugh ugh me no like."

Abysmal what's happened to this forum. Intelligent discussions used to happen here at least on occasion.

HonestChieffan
09-23-2009, 05:43 PM
And the intellectual point you are attempting to make is what?

Any number of discussions can evolve from any post. The fact you choose to not engage is your decision and no one really cares if you do engage or not.

I gotta go start grill and have some good red meat. Building my carbon footprint you know.

banyon
09-23-2009, 05:48 PM
And the intellectual point you are attempting to make is what?

Any number of discussions can evolve from any post. The fact you choose to not engage is your decision and no one really cares if you do engage or not.

I gotta go start grill and have some good red meat. Building my carbon footprint you know.

Whatever you do, don't stick around to discuss anything, just give us some more one-liner replies and off the cuff comments to go with your cut and pastes.

memyselfI
09-23-2009, 06:00 PM
If you know what the content of the post is going to be and it irritates you then why do you continue to open the thread?

There is self control and if that doesn't work there is even an ignore button. Use them both and stop whining.

banyon
09-23-2009, 06:08 PM
If you know what the content of the post is going to be and it irritates you then why do you continue to open the thread?

There is self control and if that doesn't work there is even an ignore button. Use them both and stop whining.

Who said I opened them all? I'm not lamenting the thread, my post was directed at the forum in general. Try reading with some comprehension some time.

headsnap
09-23-2009, 06:22 PM
yet another DC thread with a lib calling out a con...

KCTitus
09-23-2009, 06:23 PM
but cut and paste threads used to be all the rage...right, Jaz?

Stinger
09-23-2009, 06:29 PM
but cut and paste threads used to be all the rage...right, Jaz?

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Taco John
09-23-2009, 06:39 PM

Most of them are without any comment, and if anyone does post it's just to high five and knee-slap "Oh yeah, that's bad, ugh ugh me no like."

Abysmal what's happened to this forum. Intelligent discussions used to happen here at least on occasion.

As far as I know, the last two threads you've created have been to complain about this place.

You know what you could do? You could start a worthwhile thread of your own. I'm sure that you've probably got some excuse why you can't do that though. So nevermind.

Taco John
09-23-2009, 06:43 PM
If I was this petty, I'd start a thread "Could we get more 'complaining about this forum' threads from Banyon."

Quit whining. Either discuss the topics here, introduce topics you'd like to talk about, or leave. Do you think your whining is really going to raise the discourse in this forum to something you find more suitable for you?

banyon
09-23-2009, 06:44 PM
As far as I know, the last two threads you've created have been to complain about this place.

You know what you could do? You could start a worthwhile thread of your own. I'm sure that you've probably got some excuse why you can't do that though. So nevermind.

I've really been pretty busy lately and haven't kept on top of the place, but when I see the forum with the level of discussion that's on it now, it certainly doesn't make me want to spend the moments I do have sifting through the voluminous hate spam to try to find something worthwhile.

Taco John
09-23-2009, 06:46 PM
So instead you take the time to complain about it.

Got it.

Well... SOMEBODY is interested in these threads, because they're generating discussion.

so.....

banyon
09-23-2009, 06:48 PM
So instead you take the time to complain about it.

Got it.

Well... SOMEBODY is interested in these threads, because they're generating discussion.

so.....

I don't see any discussion. The few that do have comments are just like I said the 'hell yeah I hate that guy" posts, which don't really "discuss" anything.

WilliamTheIrish
09-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Don't see what the issue is. Most of the stuff HCF posts flutters to the bottom of the forum. The only that sinks faster is a Kennedy driven automobile.

Saul Good
09-23-2009, 06:55 PM
I've really been pretty busy lately and haven't kept on top of the place, but when I see the forum with the level of discussion that's on it now, it certainly doesn't make me want to spend the moments I do have sifting through the voluminous hate spam to try to find something worthwhile.

You were too busy to call bullshit on Frankie for blaming some random dead guy in Kentucky on a Rep from Minnesota, but you had time to argue with me when I pointed out that there are random nuts on both sides and that equating one with the other was idiotic. You know, the kind of rhetoric that turned this place into a cesspool.

I guess it's easier to turn a blind eye when it's your side slinging the mud. Why don't you call out jAZ for doing the same thing that HCF does?

Taco John
09-23-2009, 07:26 PM
Don't see what the issue is. Most of the stuff HCF posts flutters to the bottom of the forum. The only that sinks faster is a Kennedy driven automobile.

This.

banyon
09-23-2009, 07:27 PM
You were too busy to call bullshit on Frankie for blaming some random dead guy in Kentucky on a Rep from Minnesota, but you had time to argue with me when I pointed out that there are random nuts on both sides and that equating one with the other was idiotic. You know, the kind of rhetoric that turned this place into a cesspool.

I guess it's easier to turn a blind eye when it's your side slinging the mud. Why don't you call out jAZ for doing the same thing that HCF does?

jAZ will post threads, but he is always willing to stick around and discuss/defend them if people want to disagree. It's not just one-liners and cheerleading with his threads, nor are they often 0-1 post threads no one gives a f*ck about.

dirk digler
09-23-2009, 07:31 PM

LMAO

I honestly thought about starting a thread like this too then I realized Jaz and Denise practically did the same thing for 4 years so I am glad you decided to take the heat.

I will say this hcf is the worst seagull poster on this board. He will start a thread and then almost always abandon it. At least when Jaz or Denise would spam the board they would stick around and defend themselves.

dirk digler
09-23-2009, 07:32 PM
jAZ will post threads, but he is always willing to stick around and discuss/defend them if people want to disagree. It's not just one-liners and cheerleading with his threads, nor are they often 0-1 post threads no one gives a f*ck about.

Yep that is my main problem with his threads.

jjjayb
09-23-2009, 11:28 PM
Is this really worth starting a thread about? Mommy! Honest Chieffan is starting bad threads! Make the bad man stop! Waaaahhhh!

Does it really take that much out of your day? Like it's been said, ignore them if you don't like them.

patteeu
09-24-2009, 12:16 AM
Everything used to be better before Obama. Why should this forum be any different?

HonestChieffan
09-24-2009, 05:34 AM
Banyon, when Obama or someone in the administration does something that is positive, then maybe you can re engage. It has to be frustrating to you and the other Obots when you have to suffer the meltdown. Heck those of us who felt this would be the outcome before he was elected felt the same way as we watched the guy get elected.

dirk digler
09-24-2009, 06:56 AM
Banyon, when Obama or someone in the administration does something that is positive, then maybe you can re engage. It has to be frustrating to you and the other Obots when you have to suffer the meltdown. Heck those of us who felt this would be the outcome before he was elected felt the same way as we watched the guy get elected.

hcf I think you are missing point that Banyon and I were making. It doesn't bother us that you start a million threads what bothers us is that 1) no one participates in them and 2) if they do participate you always abandon it 3-4 posts into it.

Jaz and others use to spam the board like you do but the difference is people would semi participate in them and also Jaz always defended or stayed around to participate.

You notice no one complains about pete's threads and that is because he picks engaging topics and he is around to participate.

If I could give you some friendly advice and that would be try the less is more option for awhile and pick better topics instead of every little thing that comes up. Also if you aren't able to stick around and defend your thread then don't start it until later when you are around.

petegz28
09-24-2009, 07:06 AM
This thread wins the "Stupid Thread Award".....

some of you really are water tight.

BucEyedPea
09-24-2009, 07:09 AM

He doesn't have any. He'd rather pick a fight instead, especially when he doesn't like a poster's views. Not everyone can be the intellectual and legal heavyweight banyon is. So their opinions don't count.

BucEyedPea
09-24-2009, 07:11 AM
yet another DC thread with a lib calling out a con...

uh huh

dirk digler
09-24-2009, 07:13 AM
I just did a little search and I think the numbers are interesting.

Since 2004 Jaz started 221 threads that had 5 replies or less

In just over a year hcf has 141 LMAO

Radar Chief
09-24-2009, 07:14 AM

ROFL:deevee: It's OK though. I guess you weren’t around for Thomas’ seagull, hit and run, anti-anything-Bush board spamming. He was HCF on ‘roids. You could open the board and find the entire front page filled with cut and paste topics with no responses to them.

petegz28
09-24-2009, 07:14 AM

Who
gives
a
flying
fuck
?

BucEyedPea
09-24-2009, 07:20 AM
I read HCF's original posts even if I don't participate in all his threads.

HonestChieffan
09-24-2009, 07:20 AM
Jeeze Dirk, I have to appologize. I guess that fixing dinner when my wife got home was probably a poor decision on my part. She could have just fixed it herself I suppose. I chose to spend the after dinner portion of the evening watching TV and then read a book before retiring for the night.

Just so you know I will not remain long to defend, debate and discuss much today as I plan to visit the WW1 memorial and then visit the new National Archives exibit in KC with my brother who is in town for a couple days.

Re: posts

There are so many opportunities, especially yesterday for some reason, to comment, or use examples to comment, on some of the real issues we face in this country today. So although it may seem a bit much, how can we fail to address such issues as the Presidents speech to the UN and the reactions to that speech?

There was the senate in all its glory failing to pass a simple request that a bill be posted in its final form and the costs associated with it for a mere hours before it gets voted on....that seems not only very bad judgement but would be objectionable coming from either party.

As the presidents efforts continue to come under the light of day, is it not valuable to look at the now Obama as compared and contrasted to the then candidate Obama? In the parlance of the days of the campaign it was called a flip flop. Only now its for real and not some game.

As to continuing debate on a given subject, I see that you value the give and take and lively exchange over the basic points made in a post. I value the opportunity for others to take from it what they may and don't put much value in the numbers of comments as much as the hope it is viewed and read.

Banyon is a master of beating a dead horse and debate and deflection. He is excellent at that and stands high among the people here who participate. I choose to usually allow the horse to lay in repose without a beating.

Often people post tidbits and stories from diverse sources that are not intended to anything but offer a view and a perspective on a topic that others may find agreeable or enlightening. If so thats great, if not its ok as well since seldom do we really change ones opinions or stands on the basis of one post. We chhose to post based on our perspectives and equally choose to respond or not based on ones feelings on an issue.

I take your comments to heart and will seek to do better in finding posts that engage you more and that will generate a better deeper and more inciteful level of discourse.

dirk digler
09-24-2009, 07:21 AM
ROFL:deevee: It's OK though. I guess you weren’t around for Thomas’ seagull, hit and run, anti-anything-Bush board spamming. He was HCF on ‘roids. You could open the board and find the entire front page filled with cut and paste topics with no responses to them.

Was his username Thomas? I don't remember him I guess. I just remember Ringleader and Jaz spamming the board

Radar Chief
09-24-2009, 07:24 AM
Was his username Thomas? I don't remember him I guess. I just remember Ringleader and Jaz spamming the board

No, Thomas was his RL name.
He had a few user names, only one I can think of off the top of my head is Clear Vision.

dirk digler
09-24-2009, 07:32 AM
Jeeze Dirk, I have to appologize. I guess that fixing dinner when my wife got home was probably a poor decision on my part. She could have just fixed it herself I suppose. I chose to spend the after dinner portion of the evening watching TV and then read a book before retiring for the night.

Just so you know I will not remain long to defend, debate and discuss much today as I plan to visit the WW1 memorial and then visit the new National Archives exibit in KC with my brother who is in town for a couple days.

Re: posts

There are so many opportunities, especially yesterday for some reason, to comment, or use examples to comment, on some of the real issues we face in this country today. So although it may seem a bit much, how can we fail to address such issues as the Presidents speech to the UN and the reactions to that speech?

There was the senate in all its glory failing to pass a simple request that a bill be posted in its final form and the costs associated with it for a mere hours before it gets voted on....that seems not only very bad judgement but would be objectionable coming from either party.

As the presidents efforts continue to come under the light of day, is it not valuable to look at the now Obama as compared and contrasted to the then candidate Obama? In the parlance of the days of the campaign it was called a flip flop. Only now its for real and not some game.

As to continuing debate on a given subject, I see that you value the give and take and lively exchange over the basic points made in a post. I value the opportunity for others to take from it what they may and don't put much value in the numbers of comments as much as the hope it is viewed and read.

Banyon is a master of beating a dead horse and debate and deflection. He is excellent at that and stands high among the people here who participate. I choose to usually allow the horse to lay in repose without a beating.

Often people post tidbits and stories from diverse sources that are not intended to anything but offer a view and a perspective on a topic that others may find agreeable or enlightening. If so thats great, if not its ok as well since seldom do we really change ones opinions or stands on the basis of one post. We chhose to post based on our perspectives and equally choose to respond or not based on ones feelings on an issue.

I take your comments to heart and will seek to do better in finding posts that engage you more and that will generate a better deeper and more inciteful level of discourse.

As a friend I am just trying to help you out and give some constructive criticism.

Personally for me I would like to engage in your threads but then when I do it seems no one else wants to join in so that is why I have stopped for the most part.

patteeu
09-24-2009, 07:47 AM

How about an apples to apples comparison. How many has HCF had since 2004?

HonestChieffan
09-24-2009, 07:51 AM
I prefer the Johnathon apple for sauce and pies and the Golden Delish for out of the hand eating. These new apples like gala and fuji are just terrible.

When people began messing with apples to make them ship better or last years in cold storage, we saw the decline of quality of life begin.

I ask you, when did you last go to a small family owned orchard and get a bad product?

Who else has had a post regarding apples? I ask you, who?

dirk digler
09-24-2009, 07:55 AM
How about an apples to apples comparison. How many has HCF had since 2004?

He hasn't been here since 2004 and I used the same search criteria just changed the name.

hcf used to only start threads and stayed in the Lounge it looks like and then he got infected and now is over here in the dump with the rest of us. :D

blaise
09-24-2009, 07:55 AM

Yeah, what ever happened to all the cut and pasted articles by orange and jAZ from the Huffington Post? I remember when banyon was so upset by those.
Right?

dirk digler
09-24-2009, 07:59 AM
I prefer the Johnathon apple for sauce and pies and the Golden Delish for out of the hand eating. These new apples like gala and fuji are just terrible.

When people began messing with apples to make them ship better or last years in cold storage, we saw the decline of quality of life begin.

I ask you, when did you last go to a small family owned orchard and get a bad product?

Who else has had a post regarding apples? I ask you, who?

Those new apples probably were made in China

stevieray
09-24-2009, 08:03 AM
whiny bitches...in both forums.

:clap:

patteeu
09-24-2009, 08:35 AM
He hasn't been here since 2004 and I used the same search criteria just changed the name.

hcf used to only start threads and stayed in the Lounge it looks like and then he got infected and now is over here in the dump with the rest of us. :D

I don't understand why his threads bother people so much, but if you're going to compare him to jAZ fairly, you should probably compare HCF's most active year to jAZ's most active year. jAZ was far more active in 2004 than he is today.

***SPRAYER
09-24-2009, 08:36 AM
I don't understand why his threads bother people so much, but if you're going to compare him to jAZ fairly, you should probably compare HCF's most active year to jAZ's most active year. jAZ was far more active in 2004 than he is today.

That was when Bush stole the election, right? Or was that 2000?

:drool:

blaise
09-24-2009, 08:37 AM

Totally different, pat. I think banyon's point is that HCF's threads are much more annoying because he doesn't agree with them as much as he does jAZ.
You can clearly see the difference.

***SPRAYER
09-24-2009, 08:50 AM
Totally different, pat. I think banyon's point is that HCF's threads are much more annoying because he doesn't agree with them as much as he does jAZ.
You can clearly see the difference.

ROFL

dirk digler
09-24-2009, 08:59 AM

If you are comparing total threads started I agree Jaz would have beaten him or anyone else with the exception of ringleader and it is not even close.

My criteria was 5 or less posts in threads that were created by them. In that case hcf would win and that is not even close. It would be hcf 125-25.

***SPRAYER
09-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Instead of crying about other people starting threads you don't like, how about starting your own threads?

***SPRAYER
09-24-2009, 09:12 AM
I've really been pretty busy lately and haven't kept on top of the place

But you seem to know HCF's schedule real well.

:rolleyes:

RJ
09-24-2009, 09:47 AM
I used to visit this board to read discussions that were sometimes laced with bitching and name calling.

Now I visit this board to read bitching and name calling that is sometimes laced with discussion.

But I don't have to visit at all if I don't like it.

Messier
09-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Wow shtsprayer, your avatar is embarrassing.

patteeu
09-24-2009, 10:09 AM
If you are comparing total threads started I agree Jaz would have beaten him or anyone else with the exception of ringleader and it is not even close.

My criteria was 5 or less posts in threads that were created by them. In that case hcf would win and that is not even close. It would be hcf 125-25.

According to your own report in your earlier post, jAZ has averaged more than 25/year so his peak should be considerably higher than that. Not that it really matters. I don't really get why your measure of merit matters to begin with.

patteeu
09-24-2009, 10:10 AM

Why?

dirk digler
09-24-2009, 10:15 AM
According to your own report in your earlier post, jAZ has averaged more than 25/year so his peak should be considerably higher than that. Not that it really matters. I don't really get why your measure of merit matters to begin with.

Banyon's OP was about hcf's threads that have very low contributions to them. That is the criteria that I used. At your suggestion I looked at Jaz's biggest year he had which was 2004. In that year he had only 25 threads that had 5 or less posts in it.

2009 is hcf's biggest year and he had 125.

patteeu
09-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Banyon's OP was about hcf's threads that have very low contributions to them. That is the criteria that I used. At your suggestion I looked at Jaz's biggest year he had which was 2004. In that year he had only 25 threads that had 5 or less posts in it.

2009 is hcf's biggest year and he had 125.

Your math doesn't add up.

dirk digler
09-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Your math doesn't add up.

Then do the search yourself unless you think CP is lying.

Jaz, threads started by user, only Washington Dc, Find threads at most with 5 replies and tell me what you get

I will tell you = 221 threads going back to 9-8-2004

It is not real complicated

***SPRAYER
09-24-2009, 10:40 AM

You voted for the guy, now that's embarrassing.

BucEyedPea
09-24-2009, 11:25 AM
This thread is about witnessing the tolerance of progressives.
You know speech control and all that pc stuff masqueraded as proper behavior.

patteeu
09-24-2009, 12:17 PM
Then do the search yourself unless you think CP is lying.

Jaz, threads started by user, only Washington Dc, Find threads at most with 5 replies and tell me what you get

I will tell you = 221 threads going back to 9-8-2004

It is not real complicated

Math isn't really all that complicated either. 9-8-2004 to today is almost exactly 5 years. 221 / 5 = 44.2 which is quite a bit higher than 25. Even if you're talking about calendar years, 221 / 6 = 36.83 which is also quite a bit higher than 25. The peak "year" can't be lower than the average.

***SPRAYER
09-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Math isn't really all that complicated either. 9-8-2004 to today is almost exactly 5 years. 221 / 5 = 44.2 which is quite a bit higher than 25. Even if you're talking about calendar years, 221 / 6 = 36.83 which is also quite a bit higher than 25. The peak "year" can't be lower than the average.

ROFL

Messier
09-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Why?

Because it's a depiction of Barack Obama as the Cream of Wheat logo, which is a stereotype. It's akin to depicting Michelle Obama as Aunt Jemima. Would you think that was embarrassing?

***SPRAYER
09-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Because it's a depiction of Barack Obama as the Cream of Wheat logo, which is a stereotype. It's akin to depicting Michelle Obama as Aunt Jemima. Would you think that was embarrassing?

Oh please, not this shit again.

:doh!:

patteeu
09-24-2009, 12:58 PM

No, but then I don't go out of my way to find racism everywhere it might be concealed. Why would it be?

I just read the wiki page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aunt_Jemima) on Aunt Jemima and it's pretty interesting. To the extent that you can call someone an "Aunt Jemima" in a racial context, it's more like what liberals do to conservative blacks when they call them "Uncle Toms" than it is anti-black racism as you seem to think it is. Personally, I think your reaction is knee-jerk ridiculousness of the kind that makes race relations worse, not better.

Messier
09-24-2009, 02:19 PM
No, but then I don't go out of my way to find racism everywhere it might be concealed. Why would it be?

I just read the wiki page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aunt_Jemima) on Aunt Jemima and it's pretty interesting. To the extent that you can call someone an "Aunt Jemima" in a racial context, it's more like what liberals do to conservative blacks when they call them "Uncle Toms" than it is anti-black racism as you seem to think it is. Personally, I think your reaction is knee-jerk ridiculousness of the kind that makes race relations worse, not better.

This isn't concealed, and my reaction isn't knee-jerk. It's embarrassing, and so is your position that if only people would stop being so sensitive things would get better. It's back wards.

***SPRAYER
09-24-2009, 02:26 PM
This isn't concealed, and my reaction isn't knee-jerk. It's embarrassing, and so is your position that if only people would stop being so sensitive things would get better. It's back wards.

Did you like the one with the acorn on his head, better?

patteeu
09-24-2009, 02:29 PM

Things will get better either way, but they'll get better faster if people would stop creating race-drama out of thin air or taking offense at inconsequential, perceived racial slights.

You're so devoted to creating an issue here that you can't even admit that your Aunt Jemima analysis doesn't make any sense.

***SPRAYER
09-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm... my new avatar gives me an idea; instead of "moonbattery" I think I'll call it eggbattery.

dirk digler
09-24-2009, 02:55 PM

You are a dumb ass. You asked me for his peak year of starting threads. 2004 was by far his peak year for total starting threads. It maxes out so I can't even get an accurate count but I am sure it was between 500-1000 for 2004 alone.

Out of the 2004 total posting threads his count was 25 threads that had 5 replies or less.

patteeu
09-24-2009, 04:52 PM
You are a dumb ass. You asked me for his peak year of starting threads. 2004 was by far his peak year for total starting threads. It maxes out so I can't even get an accurate count but I am sure it was between 500-1000 for 2004 alone.

Out of the 2004 total posting threads his count was 25 threads that had 5 replies or less.

Why would I ask about that? I was asking about the year he posted the most threads with 5 or less replies. But in any event, it's not worth figuring it out because it doesn't mean anything anyway.

dirk digler
09-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Why would I ask about that? I was asking about the year he posted the most threads with 5 or less replies. But in any event, it's not worth figuring it out because it doesn't mean anything anyway.

That year would be 2008 = 81

I agree I was just curious how they compared.

KC Dan
09-24-2009, 05:00 PM
That year would be 2008 = 81

I agree I was just curious how they compared.Shut up and keep posting so we can look at your avatar...:clap:

Wait, that doesn't make sense. Just post

KCTitus
09-24-2009, 08:56 PM

How many alien abductee blogs has HCF used for supporting evidence that BLPD? I still think that Jaz wins in that category.