PDA

View Full Version : Obama No - crazy right wingers - nobody is indoctrinating your kids!

Bootlegged
09-23-2009, 07:18 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0aqMTD5UFmU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0aqMTD5UFmU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KCTitus
09-23-2009, 07:21 PM
ONE...all I want is one instance via YouTube of school children chanting the name of GWB or Ronald Reagan and I wont think this is nefarious.

Taco John
09-23-2009, 07:37 PM
That's just disgusting.

Mizzou_8541
09-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Wow...this country has gone crazy.

Iowanian
09-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Dear Leader is the greatest
HE wants to save the poorest
And bigcock all the rest.
In their backeth doorest

Kim Jong Obama sabe us awwwl!

Saul Good
09-23-2009, 07:47 PM
That's creepy.

banyon
09-23-2009, 08:14 PM
ONE...all I want is one instance via YouTube of school children chanting the name of GWB or Ronald Reagan and I wont think this is nefarious.

2:34

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9X-sST77a24&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9X-sST77a24&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KCTitus
09-23-2009, 08:22 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9X-sST77a24&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9X-sST77a24&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

OMFG!!! LOL!!! they're singing happy birthday...

If you cannot see the difference, here, there's no discussion to be had.

I appreciate the attempt.

banyon
09-23-2009, 08:25 PM
OMFG!!! LOL!!! they're singing happy birthday...

If you cannot see the difference, here, there's no discussion to be had.

I appreciate the attempt.

So, should we blame someone for this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YocqeWmmJEY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YocqeWmmJEY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Saul Good
09-23-2009, 08:28 PM

What a brainwash-induced chant. Just imagine a bunch of students singing "happy birthday".

Tell me something banyon. Are you just starting to post things hoping that we just take your word for it rather than watching the video?

Saul Good
09-23-2009, 08:29 PM
So, should we blame someone for this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YocqeWmmJEY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YocqeWmmJEY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Not the same at all. But you knew that.

banyon
09-23-2009, 08:30 PM
What a brainwash-induced chant. Just imagine a bunch of students singing "happy birthday".

Tell me something banyon. Are you just starting to post things hoping that we just take your word for it rather than watching the video?

No, I watched both and am disturbed by neither. By all means watch it to your heart's content.

There's more than just happy birthday, though, they have a giant banner they made praising him, they hand him gifts, I would not be surprised one bit to see people try to paint the same kind of things happening with Obama as deification or the "Messiah" treatment.

KCTitus
09-23-2009, 08:32 PM

For a second I thought he was just playing around, but apparently that was a serious attempt...

That's embarrassing.

banyon
09-23-2009, 08:35 PM
For a second I thought he was just playing around, but apparently that was a serious attempt...

That's embarrassing.

The OP is embarrassing, that was my point. Much ado and hand-wringing about nothing.

Mizzou_8541
No, I watched both and am disturbed by neither. By all means watch it to your heart's content.

There's more than just happy birthday, though, they have a giant banner they made praising him, they hand him gifts, I would not be surprised one bit to see people try to paint the same kind of things happening with Obama as deification or the "Messiah" treatment.

Off-topic, but I don't get your sig by Mr. Taleb. Isn't that just one of the most basic psycological concepts - Cognitive Dissonance?

banyon
Not the same at all. But you knew that.

What hair were you looking to split between those two events in particular?

Saul Good
09-23-2009, 08:37 PM
What hair were you looking to split between those two events in particular?

Differentiating between some kids on a bus supposedly yelling something and a teacher making up a song and making her kids sing the praises of how Barack Obama is going to save us all is hair splitting to you? You used to be better than this.

KCTitus
09-23-2009, 08:40 PM
The OP is embarrassing, that was my point. Much ado and hand-wringing about nothing.

If I really thought you had any inclination for self introspection, I would enter into a serious discussion with you, but it's clear deification of an elected leader doesnt trouble you. Ok, fine.

If you find that acceptable, I pity you like a NORK...

banyon
09-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Off-topic, but I don't get your sig by Mr. Taleb. Isn't that just one of the most basic psycological concepts - Cognitive Dissonance?

It's a similar concept, but it's actually confirmation error, or sometimes the heuristic or availability fallacy. It deals a little more directly with the initial processing and receipt of information as opposed to the post-reception mental divergence and attempt to rectify that would be part of c.d.

banyon
09-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Differentiating between some kids on a bus supposedly yelling something and a teacher making up a song and making her kids sing the praises of how Barack Obama is going to save us all is hair splitting to you? You used to be better than this.

The bus driver allowed it to go on, perhaps encouraged it, correct? That's a school employee too. And it's a pretty damaging chant, much like this one is supposed to be so idolizing. Where's the outrage?

Mizzou_8541
09-23-2009, 08:43 PM
It's a similar concept, but it's actually confirmation error, or sometimes the heuristic or availability fallacy. It deals a little more directly with the initial processing and receipt of information as opposed to the post-reception mental divergence and attempt to rectify that would be part of c.d.

It took me 4 times reading your post to understand it, but, that makes sense. :thumb:

Saul Good
09-23-2009, 08:46 PM
The bus driver allowed it to go on, perhaps encouraged it, correct? That's a school employee too. And it's a pretty damaging chant, much like this one is supposed to be so idolizing. Where's the outrage?

1. I don't see any evidence to support the assertion that the bus driver allowed or encouraged anything.

2. I don't see any evidence that this really happened at all, for that matter.

3. Nobody is even saying that the bus driver was leading the chant and putting the words into the kids' mouths.

4. Bus drivers aren't trusted to educate our kids in the first place.

5. If the event happened, it's despicable.

stevieray
09-23-2009, 08:47 PM

That's embarrassing.

those are some big grade school kids.

Brock
09-23-2009, 08:52 PM

A bus driver isn't a professional educator.

KCTitus
09-23-2009, 08:56 PM

The bus driver is probably smarter than the 'professional' educator shown in the OP.

banyon
09-23-2009, 09:00 PM

It's still government "forced" time with kids though. Would it make the OP better if you found out the "teacher" was actually just the bus driver on their lunch break?

Saul Good
09-23-2009, 09:04 PM
It's still government "forced" time with kids though. Would it make the OP better if you found out the "teacher" was actually just the bus driver on their lunch break?

1. Nobody forces kids to take the bus
2. A little bit, yes.

banyon
09-23-2009, 09:07 PM
1. Nobody forces kids to take the bus
2. A little bit, yes.

Actually they can and do force some kids on the bus.

Saul Good
09-23-2009, 09:10 PM

Some kids are born with 6 toes on their left foot. Let's talk about the other 99.99%

blaise
09-23-2009, 09:22 PM

And what? So every time someone sees something they don't like they need to search to find a similar instance and express outrage over that? Are you defending the teacher in this case, or what exactly is your point? Of course this teacher doing this wouldn't bother you, she obviously shares your same political leanings. I'm guessing if she had the kids chanting a pro-Bush song you'd feel different.

Saul Good
09-23-2009, 09:31 PM
And what? So every time someone sees something they don't like they need to search to find a similar instance and express outrage over that? Are you defending the teacher in this case, or what exactly is your point? Of course this teacher doing this wouldn't bother you, she obviously shares your same political leanings. I'm guessing if she had the kids chanting a pro-Bush song you'd feel different.

"Bush Bush he's our man. He saved us from the Taliban!"

banyon
09-23-2009, 09:34 PM

no, I wouldn't. I think it's generally healthy to cultivate a sense of civic respect for the office of the president in students. I was taught to respect Reagan when I was in school.

Would I have done this the same way as this teacher? No. Is it time to end the republic and have a violent revolution about it? No.

Taco John
09-23-2009, 09:48 PM
no, I wouldn't. I think it's generally healthy to cultivate a sense of civic respect for the office of the president in students. I was taught to respect Reagan when I was in school.

Would I have done this the same way as this teacher? No. Is it time to end the republic and have a violent revolution about it? No.

Respect for the office is one thing. Fawning worship for the man currently in office is something entirely different.

What we saw there in that video is sick. You'd have been one of the loudest here if the tables were turned and students were praising Bush. This forum would howl.

Pardoxically, people on the right would be offering your argument, saying big deal, they're supporting America.

Bunch of principle-less folks if you ask me.

KCTitus
09-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Respect for the office is one thing. Fawning worship for the man currently in office is something entirely different.

What we saw there in that video is sick. You'd have been one of the loudest here if the tables were turned and students were praising Bush. This forum would howl.

Pardoxically, people on the right would be offering your argument, saying big deal, they're supporting America.

Bunch of principle-less folks if you ask me.

If there were anything like this during the previous 8 years, I would have been disgusted. There was never anything like that during the Clinton years either.

It's over the top. I dont care if it's a 'd' or an 'r', it's unacceptable.

Edit: singing happy birthday, not withstanding.

Taco John
09-23-2009, 09:58 PM
If there were anything like this during the previous 8 years, I would have been disgusted. There was never anything like that during the Clinton years either.

It's over the top. I dont care if it's a 'd' or an 'r', it's unacceptable.

Edit: singing happy birthday, not withstanding.

Well, you and I are the exceptions to the rule then. I've witnessed people here who operate exactly the opposite... They'll get outraged when it's happening under a D, but be okay with it when it's happening under an R - and vice versa.

petegz28
09-23-2009, 09:58 PM

JFC, are you seriously equating a bus driver to a school teacher?

Saul Good
09-23-2009, 10:10 PM
JFC, are you seriously equating a bus driver to a school teacher?

A school bus driver who didn't have anything to do with it, at that.

Bootlegged
09-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Quick Org Chart

1.) Soros

1a.) Stern 1b.) Rathke 1c.)Podesta 1d.) Pike

2.) Obama

3.) Morons that work for them.

***SPRAYER
09-24-2009, 05:41 AM

That's what moonbats do--- they post links and say "debunked" and then hit submit and hope nobody goes to the link.

Pioli Zombie
09-24-2009, 05:50 AM
That's what moonbats do--- they post links and say "debunked" and then hit submit and hope nobody goes to the link.

What do Illinois Nazis like you do?
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
09-24-2009, 05:57 AM
He's managed to make Nazi a black thang'.

Keep it up Mr. President and once you've used that feel-good spirit to implement your "change" the real people that got you elected will stick their own Hitler in there next time.

Obama is the next Bush Jr.

"Buht he tawks pretty 'n stuff..."

How sad is it that our last two presidents have been almost exactly like our last two HC's?...

Pioli Zombie
09-24-2009, 06:09 AM
That must make Vermeil Bill Clinton?
Posted via Mobile Device

BucEyedPea
09-24-2009, 06:45 AM

I went through the same epiphany with him. :D

Pioli Zombie
09-24-2009, 06:53 AM
I went through the same epiphany with him. :D

Does the song say "Obama is going to save us all"?
Posted via Mobile Device

BucEyedPea
09-24-2009, 06:58 AM
Does the song say "Obama is going to save us all"?
Posted via Mobile Device

I was talking about banyon and saul good's realization.

InChiefsHell
09-24-2009, 07:11 AM
If my kids would have come home singing a song about Bush, I would have called the school and freaked the fug out. Plain and simple, we have NEVER seen anything like the worship of Obama being taught in school in our history. We're Americans, we threw off monarchy...this worship and indoctrination of grade school students is irresponsible at best and downright evil and un-American at worst.

Singing happy birthday to the POTUS...that's the comparison?? Make sure you stretch your shoulders before you reach that far, you're gonna hurt yourself.

blaise
09-24-2009, 07:21 AM

I don't think it's time to have a revolution about it, but I think it's a bad idea, and I would argue that this goes a little beyond a civic respect for the President. This wasn't teaching them to respect Obama. This was, "Obama is a hero that saved the country". And if you're accepting that then you're telling them that the alternative is bad for the country. This is like a hero worship chant. Would I demand people be fired if I were a parent of one of those kids? No. But I would call the school and tell them I don't appreciate it and hope it wouldn't happen again.
I don't believe you when you say your reaction would be the same, by the way. Just my opinion.

HonestChieffan
09-24-2009, 07:46 AM
There are a lot of batshit crazy people on all sides. So don't get to comfy just 'cause there is some wingnut on your side of the fence who is probably gonna embarras you like the crazy aunt you keep in the barn loft.

Indoctrination...now, you want to see indoctrination? Here you go...Hammas, who has been gladly getting money from our Dear leader to help with their human rights efforts, is supposedly behind this gem where the friendly pooh bear looking chap helps lil muslims understand why killing infidels is such fun.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HSdie-tqo-A&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HSdie-tqo-A&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

InChiefsHell
09-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Teaching young school children to sing the praises of a specific sitting President, not the office but the man, is indoctrination. They're not singing about the nation, they're not singing about the Constitution, they are singing about an individual. That's decidedly un-American. And it's NEVER happened like this before.

...OK, fine, I have no proof that it's never happened before, but having been an American for 38 years and counting, I've never seen it. And it would be wrong at any time in our history.

***SPRAYER
09-24-2009, 08:44 AM
Singing happy birthday to the POTUS...that's the comparison??

If you're a moonbat, yeah.

MikeTheWildcat
09-24-2009, 09:09 AM
They sing to "Dear Leader" in North Korea. The Hilter Youth sang to Hilter. Now, the left wants school children to sing to "Dear Leader" Obama.

Pretty scary.

***SPRAYER
09-24-2009, 09:10 AM
http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/schoolind.jpg

Mr. Plow
09-24-2009, 09:28 AM
Sooooo.....they won't these kids say a prayer in school but they'll allow them to worship a President? Sounds about right.

blaise
09-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Sooooo.....they won't these kids say a prayer in school but they'll allow them to worship a President? Sounds about right.

Well, you see, allowing them to pray would be the school endorsing a religion and its beliefs, and we can't have them endorsing one belief over another.
This isn't the school encouraging kids to endorse the President. Not unless you consider having the kids chant about how Obama saved the country as some kind of endorsement.

wild1
09-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Private education ftw

***SPRAYER
09-24-2009, 10:08 AM
I didn't even know we were allowed to say Hussein, but these kids are being encouraged to sing it.

:)

Mizzou_8541
09-24-2009, 10:37 AM
My daughter was born three weeks ago...it looks like I am going to start saving for private education.

Mizzou_8541
09-24-2009, 10:41 AM
There are a lot of batshit crazy people on all sides. So don't get to comfy just 'cause there is some wingnut on your side of the fence who is probably gonna embarras you like the crazy aunt you keep in the barn loft.

Indoctrination...now, you want to see indoctrination? Here you go...Hammas, who has been gladly getting money from our Dear leader to help with their human rights efforts, is supposedly behind this gem where the friendly pooh bear looking chap helps lil muslims understand why killing infidels is such fun.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HSdie-tqo-A&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HSdie-tqo-A&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Your video has been removed. I wonder why? Let's just deny this exists.

When I was in Iraq, I was a sniper team leader and often times had to stay in the homes of Iraqi families for 3,4 or 5 days mission dependent. It was one of the better parts of my job - getting to know these Iraqi families that I stayed with. But one thing that I will never forget is a 9 or 10 year-old Iraqi boy telling me he couldn't wait to grow up and kill Jews...Jews and Americans.

SNR
09-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Sooooo.....they won't these kids say a prayer in school but they'll allow them to worship a President? Sounds about right.The kids can pray any time they damn well want to. There's no law against that.

Fish
09-24-2009, 12:07 PM
This is pretty disturbing.... Here's the lyrics if you can't understand it...

Uhm, uhm, uhm, <input name="IL_MARKER" type="hidden">Barack Hussein Obama
He said all should lend a hand to make the country strong again
He said we must be fair today, equal work means equal pay
He said take a stand, make sure everyone gets a chance
He said red, yellow, black and white, all are equal in his sight
YEAH. <input name="IL_MARKER" type="hidden">Barack Hussein Obama Hello Mr. President, We honor you today
For all your great accomplishments, we all do say hooray
Hooray, Mr. President you are No. 1
The first black American to lead this nation
The teacher says : “OK, now let’s do the song”

Mr. Plow
09-24-2009, 12:11 PM
The kids can pray any time they damn well want to. There's no law against that.

Ok, I'll correct what I said.

So the teachers can't lead the kids in a prayer, but they can lead them in worship of the President?

tooge
09-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Where are these schools? If I found out that happened at my kids school, that teacher would be looking for a job within a week.

Taco John
09-24-2009, 12:27 PM
My daughter was born three weeks ago...it looks like I am going to start saving for private education.

First things first. You need to start saving for daycare! :D

Simplex3
09-24-2009, 12:38 PM
This is supposedly the school in question: http://www.burltwpsch.org/schools/ys/

Especially ironic for me is the "W3C CSS" validity badge at the bottom of their page given that they have no stylesheet to validate and only one inline styled element. That element? The W3C CSS badge.

ChiTown
09-24-2009, 02:14 PM
"we honor you for all your great accomplishments................."

Yeah, like being born black and paralyzing our Country. You go, B!

Duck Dog
09-24-2009, 02:26 PM
This is pretty disturbing.... Here's the lyrics if you can't understand it...

He said all should lend a hand to make the country strong again
He said we must be fair today, equal work means equal pay
He said take a stand, make sure everyone gets a chance
YEAH. <input name="IL_MARKER" type="hidden">Barack Hussein Obama Hello Mr. President, We honor you today
For all your great accomplishments, we all do say hooray
Hooray, Mr. President you are No. 1
The first black American to lead this nation
The teacher says : “OK, now let’s do the song”

JFC, I figured that crap had racist overtones.

Duck Dog
09-24-2009, 02:28 PM

Ironic that those liberal assholes would steal lyrics from a religious song, but would shit bricks and send a child home if they sang a religious song.

wild1
09-24-2009, 02:28 PM
"we honor you for all your great accomplishments................."

Yeah, like being born black and paralyzing our Country. You go, B!

What has he accomplished other than getting elected...?

blaise
09-24-2009, 02:37 PM
What has he accomplished other than getting elected...?

Hope. He's given us hope.

***SPRAYER
09-24-2009, 02:38 PM
If my kid had been in that classroom, I would have beat the shit out of that teacher.

ChiTown
09-24-2009, 02:41 PM

Nope

Duck Dog
09-24-2009, 02:46 PM

And change. Don't forget about the change.

***SPRAYER
09-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Comrade Napoleon Friend of fatherless!
Fountain of happiness!
Lord of the swill-bucket!
Oh, how my soul is on fire when I gaze
at thy calm and commanding eye!
Like the sun in the sky,Comrade Napoleon!

Saul Good
09-24-2009, 07:32 PM
They sing to "Dear Leader" in North Korea. The Hilter Youth sang to Hilter. Now, the left wants school children to sing to "Dear Leader" Obama.

What's the big deal, then? Others have done it before, so that makes it okay. /Obama's sycophants

KCWolfman
09-24-2009, 10:40 PM

Hope that your children are illegally indoctrinated and taught partisan politics before they even understand half of the words they are taught to sing?

Your version of hope and mine are radically different.

***SPRAYER
09-25-2009, 07:33 AM
Ok, I'll correct what I said.

So the teachers can't lead the kids in a prayer, but they can lead them in worship of the President?

B.O. is the messiah. Where have you been, Rip Van Winkle?

Mr. Plow
09-25-2009, 08:28 AM
B.O. is the messiah. Where have you been, Rip Van Winkle?

Never been very political. Just woke up.

***SPRAYER
09-25-2009, 08:32 AM

I wish I could say the same.

blaise
09-25-2009, 08:43 AM
Hope that your children are illegally indoctrinated and taught partisan politics before they even understand half of the words they are taught to sing?

Sounds like you need to get on board the hope train my friend. There's room for all of us.

stevieray
09-25-2009, 08:47 AM
Sounds like you need to get on board the hope train my friend. There's room for all of us.

Chavez is willing to share his seat....rumor has it mommar will be singing his beatles cover of "All you need is the Son"

Mr. Plow
09-25-2009, 08:57 AM
I wish I could say the same.

I wish I could go back.

***SPRAYER
09-25-2009, 08:59 AM
I wish I could go back.

There are drugs for that.

;)

Fish
09-25-2009, 09:18 AM
JFC, I figured that crap had racist overtones.

Racist overtones? How so? I think this is terrible. But racist overtones? How?

***SPRAYER
09-25-2009, 09:20 AM
Mmmmmmmm mmmmmm...

Four legs good!

Mmmmmmmm mmmmm...

Two legs bad!

InChiefsHell
09-25-2009, 09:36 AM
Lest we forget:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4yloipsoZ0

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXABTmZP6oA

***SPRAYER
09-25-2009, 10:04 AM
Lest we forget:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4yloipsoZ0

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXABTmZP6oA

Nothing to see here/bunyon off

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 12:35 PM

I don't like koolaid.

Obviously, you enjoy it.

Hara krishna, my unfortunate friend.

Donger
09-25-2009, 12:45 PM

Good to see you, Russ. However, I believe your sarcasm meter needs recalibration.

blaise
09-25-2009, 02:27 PM
I don't like koolaid.

Obviously, you enjoy it.

Hara krishna, my unfortunate friend.

I will address this, however it is time for me to face the east and pray to Obama.
Excuse me while I get out my Hope Mat.

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 02:35 PM
Good to see you, Russ. However, I believe your sarcasm meter needs recalibration.

Donger, Glad you are still here.

RedNeckRaider
09-25-2009, 05:41 PM

Good to see you my old friend and rival

Pioli Zombie
09-25-2009, 06:40 PM
The Negro is out of control!! He is leading us to the end of civilization!!!! Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Good to see you my old friend and rival

You as well, my friend. It is nice to see friendly faces, even those in the wrong jersey colors.

orange
09-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Out of the Mouths of Babes

April 17, 2006

At the annual White House Easter Egg Roll, children from the stricken Gulf Coast region serenaded First Lady Laura Bush with a song praising the beleaguered Federal Emergency Management Agency.

To the tune of Hey Look Me Over, about 100 young children from Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama sang:

Our country’s stood beside us
People have sent us aid.
Katrina could not stop us, our hopes will never fade.

Congress, Bush and FEMA
People across our land
Together have come to rebuild us and we join them hand-in-hand!

After the song, Mrs. Bush posed for photos with the kids, many of whom were wearing Katrina Kids T-shirts, despite the chilly rain.

Earlier, the First Lady read Will You Be My Friend: A Bunny and Bird Story by Nancy Tafuri. According to a White House pool report, the children sat on the grass as Mrs. Bush read; she sat in a white wrought iron chair, freshly toweled by two Park Service employees.

After the reading, Mr. Bush asked, Did you like this book? Does it tell you about what people can do to help other people, what bird did to help bunny? Be kind to him and give him shelter.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2006/04/17/out-of-the-mouths-of-babes/

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 07:39 PM
Out of the Mouths of Babes

April 17, 2006

At the annual White House Easter Egg Roll, children from the stricken Gulf Coast region serenaded First Lady Laura Bush with a song praising the beleaguered Federal Emergency Management Agency.

To the tune of Hey Look Me Over, about 100 young children from Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama sang:

People have sent us aid.

Congress, Bush and FEMA
People across our land

After the song, Mrs. Bush posed for photos with the kids, many of whom were wearing Katrina Kids T-shirts, despite the chilly rain.

Earlier, the First Lady read Will You Be My Friend: A Bunny and Bird Story by Nancy Tafuri. According to a White House pool report, the children sat on the grass as Mrs. Bush read; she sat in a white wrought iron chair, freshly toweled by two Park Service employees.

After the reading, Mr. Bush asked, Did you like this book? Does it tell you about what people can do to help other people, what bird did to help bunny? Be kind to him and give him shelter.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2006/04/17/out-of-the-mouths-of-babes/
Not in school, not at school, not school supported, not at taxpayers dollars.

Taco John
09-25-2009, 07:55 PM

I can't understand why people can't understand this point. Instead of searching the Internet like mad trying to find examples of when it's happened before, it seems like it would take much less effort and be infinitely more correct to just admit that kids shouldn't be politically indoctrinated in a public school.

orange
09-25-2009, 08:04 PM

I can't understand why people can't understand this point. Instead of searching the Internet like mad trying to find examples of when it's happened before, it seems like it would take much less effort and be infinitely more correct to just admit that kids shouldn't be politically indoctrinated in a public school.

Yeah, I'm sure 100 children just spontaneously broke out in song. No school wrote or taught the song. No school sent the kids to the White House. No school was involved at all.

ROFLROFLROFL

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 08:04 PM

Dammit, I agree with you.

Not just agree with you, but agree 100% with you.

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Yeah, I'm sure 100 children just spontaneously broke out in song. No school involved at all.

ROFLROFLROFL

That is your argument. You don't know where they were trained to sing a song so you assume it was at school.

Are the lefties REALLY getting bad at this since I have been gone. It is almost like boxing a man on a walker.

BucEyedPea
09-25-2009, 08:15 PM
You as well, my friend. It is nice to see friendly faces, even those in the wrong jersey colors.

I don't know you from before. :(

orange
09-25-2009, 08:19 PM
That is your argument. You don't know where they were trained to sing a song so you assume it was at school.

Are the lefties REALLY getting bad at this since I have been gone. It is almost like boxing a man on a walker.

Donate to a project in support of Katrina Kids' Project [exp 11/15/07]
Heidi challenges you to help kids affected by Katrina by funding school projects- Deadline extended to: NOV 15

http://www.donorschoose.org/donors/viewChallenge.html?id=16918&category=18

Katrina Kids' Project - funding school projects

Any questions?

headsnap
09-25-2009, 08:20 PM

yeah, it's been like bizzarro world around here lately... mememe and Taco making sense!

welcome back Russ...

orange
09-25-2009, 08:21 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fnsOmb0Fvog/Srumlj7W--I/AAAAAAAABtg/XWZln869mgc/s400/katrinakids-bush.jpg

KCWolfman
Heidi challenges you to help kids affected by Katrina by funding school projects- Deadline extended to: NOV 15

Any questions?

So you are saying PRIVATE donations to kids for AFTER school projects somehow compares to mandatory school attendance to tax payed school teachers and this issue?

My God, are you being serious or are you just floundering hoping for an excuse?

KCWolfman
yeah, it's been like bizzarro world around here lately... mememe and Taco making sense!

welcome back Russ...

Thanks Kyle.

Good to see you, How is Louisville?

headsnap
09-25-2009, 08:22 PM

Any questions?

:spock:

WTF?

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 08:23 PM
:spock:

WTF?

Orange is telling you that donating to a project with your own money as you see fit is the same thing as paying teachers your tax money to teach your children that the current POTUS is comparable to the Messiah even if it is against your will.

orange
09-25-2009, 08:24 PM
So you are saying PRIVATE donations to kids for AFTER school projects somehow compares to mandatory school attendance to tax payed school teachers and this issue?

My God, are you being serious or are you just floundering hoping for an excuse?

They weren't after school projects. Minutes ago you guys YOU SPECIFICALLY claimed schools had NOTHING to do with it.

Just keep lying.

BucEyedPea
09-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Orange is telling you that donating to a project with your own money as you see fit is the same thing as paying teachers your tax money to teach your children that the current POTUS is comparable to the Messiah even if it is against your will.

Separation of Church and State. Where's HolyHandgrenade when you need him.

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 08:30 PM
They weren't after school projects. Minutes ago you guys YOU SPECIFICALLY claimed schools had NOTHING to do with it.

Just keep lying.

Schools HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. Keep up. The funds were collected as after school projects. What school releases kids to collect donations during school hours.

This isn't the schools first idiocy either. In 2007 they had a mock disaster drill of terrorist activities. The mock group was a Right-Wing fundamentalist group called the "New Crusaders" that have NEVER attacked anyone. The school later apologized for the incident.

Lying? Some things never change on this board, even after years. I don't like what you are saying so I will call you names.

Tell me, are you on record on this board condemning Joe Wilson? If so, you are certainly a hypocrite for doing so.

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 08:34 PM

Just keep lying.

Oh, I never stated "schools had nothing to do with it". I stated you made a horrid assumption. I guess I wasn't clear enough with my statement, was I? My apologies. I will try to be more exacting:

You are comparing a school HOUR function supported by tax paid teachers during their work hours to train our children songs comparing President Obama to Jesus Christ while they are in a mandatory class that their parents must send them to.

to

A collection project funded by dollars collected after school to go to the White House and sing to President Bush that they appreciate the work he has done with their homes in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina by their parents who voluntarily send their children to Washington D.C.

Please stop, you are embarrassing yourself with this, seriously.

orange
09-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Path-Breaking Partnerships

Through the collaborations formed for Katrina’s Kids, an initiative of the America’s Promise Alliance -- nonprofit organizations, government agencies and offices, and other groups go beyond their formal boundaries, overcome bureaucracies, and establish common ground and uncommon levels of communication and cooperation to fill gaps in services for children and youth.

By May 2008 the Katrina’s Kids initiative will improve the lives of thousands of young people in New Orleans, Mississippi and Houston. The Alliance continues to help thousands of children in Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Alliance partners are working with officials in these states in a focused, coordinated effort to ensure that Katrina’s Kids receive the most essential resources they need for the long term.

"The initiative has combined proven business strategies with service agency best practices to reach communities that with time can be stronger than they were pre-Katrina," said Mark Wright, director of partnerships, National Children’s Museum.

http://www.americaspromise.org/About-the-Alliance/APA-History/Katrinas-Kids.aspx

I guess they need to consult you to get it straight.

orange
09-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Learn about the services being provided to assist children in New Orleans, the Mississippi Gulf Coast Region and those who have relocated to Houston, by using the navigation to the right.

Two-Year Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina

August 29, 2007 marks the second anniversary of Hurricane Katrina’s landfall on the Gulf Coast. Much progress has been made but there is still work to be done. The approximately 200,000 students displaced from public schools during the 2005 hurricanes represent the largest displacement of students in U.S. history.

As of summer 2007 more than 25,000 young people displaced by Katrina still live in FEMA trailers.

As many as 20% of the children and youth in these families are experiencing emotional or behavioral difficulties not present before the storm.

Many schools in the region are now operational, but lack adequate staffs, books, equipment, play areas and partner support to fully meet the tremendous needs of students and their families.

As an example of the work being done, America’s Promise Alliance Partner Hands On New Orleans is using volunteers to run school libraries that otherwise would be closed due to a lack of operational staff.

"Afterschool projects" indeed. ROFL

You know, I don't feel the least bit embarassed.

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Orange - "Government Agencies" = Tax paid funds for our schools? Where did you derive that logic? Government Agencies have the right to collect donations from their employees and tag it with their name, if the government approves the tagging. That is nothing like tax paying a school teacher to indoctrinate your child.

Did you go to this school system? Is that why you are defending their inappropriate actions so vigorously?

Mr. Plow
09-25-2009, 08:56 PM
People have sent us aid.

Congress, Bush and FEMA
People across our land

So you're rebuttal to school kids being taught a song of worship - in school - to one man....the President.....is to show a time when children sang a song of thanks to not only the President, but Congress, Fema, AND THE ENTIRE COUNTRY after a major disaster?

orange
09-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Did you go to this school system? Is that why you are defending their inappropriate actions so vigorously?

No, did you? Why the hell do you give a shit?

In November, the 9,700-plus residents of Burlington, N.J., a Philadelphia suburb, voted overwhelming for Obama, who received 3,285 votes to Sen. John McCain's 1,308.
I think the principal there reflects her community quite well.

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Learn about the services being provided to assist children in New Orleans, the Mississippi Gulf Coast Region and those who have relocated to Houston, by using the navigation to the right.

Two-Year Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina

August 29, 2007 marks the second anniversary of Hurricane Katrina’s landfall on the Gulf Coast. Much progress has been made but there is still work to be done. The approximately 200,000 students displaced from public schools during the 2005 hurricanes represent the largest displacement of students in U.S. history.

As of summer 2007 more than 25,000 young people displaced by Katrina still live in FEMA trailers.

As many as 20% of the children and youth in these families are experiencing emotional or behavioral difficulties not present before the storm.

Many schools in the region are now operational, but lack adequate staffs, books, equipment, play areas and partner support to fully meet the tremendous needs of students and their families.

As an example of the work being done, America’s Promise Alliance Partner Hands On New Orleans is using volunteers to run school libraries that otherwise would be closed due to a lack of operational staff.

"Afterschool projects" indeed. ROFL

You know, I don't feel the least bit embarassed.

You are ridiculous bounding from subject to subject. There is nothing contained in any of the information you have supplied to suggest that mandatory school hour activities in Katrina laden schools were training partisan demogoguisms.

Honestly, if you can't address the situation it isn't worth discussing with you. I don't mind discourse and disagreement, but at least stay on point.

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 08:59 PM

In November, the 9,700-plus residents of Burlington, N.J., a Philadelphia suburb, voted overwhelming for Obama, who received 3,285 votes to Sen. John McCain's 1,308.

I am trying to understand why you are defending inappropriate actions with other well defined actions of good intentioned people. It doesn't make any sense other than the idea that you are liberal; therefore, you feel you are right.

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 09:00 PM
So you're rebuttal to school kids being taught a song of worship - in school - to one man....the President.....is to show a time when children sang a song of thanks to not only the President, but Congress, Fema, AND THE ENTIRE COUNTRY after a major disaster?

I don't understand it either. It is almost like he is waving his arms and screaming while telling us not to pay attention to the man behind the curtain.

orange
09-25-2009, 09:02 PM
You are ridiculous bounding from subject to subject. There is nothing contained in any of the information you have supplied to suggest that mandatory school hour activities in Katrina laden schools were training partisan demogoguisms.

Honestly, if you can't address the situation it isn't worth discussing with you. I don't mind discourse and disagreement, but at least stay on point.

Point 1 - FEMA and other agencies provided funds and other assistance to Katrina Kids.

Point 2 - Katrina Kids provided essential services and support to schools in the affected areas.

Point 3 - Those schools - taxpayer supported public schools - put together a little song and dance to take to the White House and serenade the First Lady praising Pres. Bush and FEMA.

Is it clear now?

Oh, and

Point 4 - The conservative Wall Street Journal bragged about it.

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 09:03 PM

I think the principal there reflects her community quite well.

So you would have no problem with teachers singing and teaching their children, Vote the Morons out of Office and Down With Socialized Medicine during school hours, if it were a pro-Conservative community?

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Point 1 - FEMA and other agencies provided funds and other assistance to Katrina Kids.

Point 2 - Katrina Kids provided essential services and support to schools in the affected areas.

Point 3 - Those schools - taxpayer supported public schools - put together a little song and dance to take to the White House and serenade the First Lady praising Pres. Bush and FEMA.

Is it clear now?
Not at all.

The function at the White House was a VOLUNTARY function. The money was raised by DONATIONS.
The classroom is MANDATORY. The teachers are paid by TAXES.

You are avoiding the obvious because you would rather be obtuse than wrong.

Mr. Plow
09-25-2009, 09:10 PM

And Congress......

And the entire country......

banyon
09-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Not at all.

The function at the White House was a VOLUNTARY function. The money was raised by DONATIONS.
The classroom is MANDATORY. The teachers are paid by TAXES.

You are avoiding the obvious because you would rather be obtuse than wrong.

How do we know this was a mandatory activity and was done by a teacher on the clock?

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 09:19 PM
How do we know this was a mandatory activity and was done by a teacher on the clock?

Already noted by the teachers and the faculty in charge.

banyon
09-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Already noted by the teachers and the faculty in charge.

Is that in this thread somewhere? I haven't seen where they noted that.

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 09:25 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/Politics/propaganda5.jpg

Direckshun
09-25-2009, 09:31 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0aqMTD5UFmU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0aqMTD5UFmU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Good lord that's creepy.

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Is that in this thread somewhere? I haven't seen where they noted that.

Not that I am aware.

On air reports I have heard have stated the "staff" (I am assuming school board or principal) states the actions in question were performed by "their employees" during class.

***SPRAYER
09-25-2009, 09:33 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aQSwJc4rlmw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aQSwJc4rlmw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Banyon - Here you go. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/25/principal-nj-school-long-obama-supporter/

The principal of a New Jersey elementary school where young students were videotaped singing the praises of President Obama is making no apologies for the videotape and says she would allow the performance again if she could, according to parents who spoke with her Thursday night.

Three parents told FOXNews.com that Dr. Denise King, principal of B. Bernice Young Elementary School in Burlington, N.J., defended the controversial performance, which was videotaped and posted on YouTube, when they approached her during a "Back to School" event.

Parent Jim Angelillo said King told him the lesson was merely part of Black History month, and not an attempt to indoctrinate students, as critics have charged. He said he believes teachers have the freedom to express their political views, but not in the classroom.

"Freedom of speech, not freedom to teach," Angelillo told FOXNews.com.

King has long been a fan of Obama, hanging pictures of the president in her school's hallways and touting her trip to his inauguration in the school yearbook.

Included in the full-page yearbook spread were Obama campaign slogans ("Yes we can! Yes we did!") and photos King took in Washington on Jan. 20, when she attended the inauguration.

There also were photos taken at the school depicting students doing Obama-themed activities about their "hopes for the future," featuring posters of Obama. According to the yearbook, students watched the inauguration in class.

Parents said Elvira James, the teacher of the class that was videotaped, also seemed to be promoting Obama.

"She praised him, she put pictures on the walls," said Jim Pronchick, whose 8-year-old son, Jimmy, was in James' class last year. "When he won (the election) they really went off."

Leslie Gibson, who has two children at the school, said she was "shocked" at the videotape, adding that political beliefs, like religious views, should be kept at home. She also said King made a "big deal" about her attendance at the inauguration.

"Throughout the school, there were signs posted supporting Barack Obama quite a bit," Gibson told FOXNews.com. "I understand it's a historical event, but on the same token, I like politics to be left at home and I think she should follow that as well."

Attempts to reach King on Friday were unsuccessful. A recording at the school said its mailbox was full and could not accept new messages.

A search of public records revealed that King, 46, of Cinnaminson, N.J., last voted in 2004 and had not declared any political affiliation. No records of political contributions could be found.

The controversy over the YouTube video extended into northwest Arkansas on Friday, as officials at the Bernice Young Elementary School in Springdale said they had been received calls from across the country and Canada from irate parents and other individuals.

Principal Debbie Flora told the Associated Press that the callers claimed the school was teaching political opinion and that some "did not use very kind language."

Even the parents of the children in school don't want this taught to their kids. It is their money, their taxes, and their children. What is being done is filthy and I certainly hope that King is dismissed and never allowed to teach children again.

Unfortunately, if she is she will probably be named Teaching Czar with the history I have seen over the last several months.

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 09:55 PM
Not only are parents of children at the school outraged:

"I felt this was reminiscent of 1930s Germany, and the indoctrination of children to worship their leader," said Robert Bowen, father of two children at Bernice Young Elementary. "I thought that if this was a civics class in say high school or upper level middle school, in might be appropriate to discuss policies or politics, but as far as children in first grade, second grade -- those types of levels -- it's inappropriate to discuss how a president is changing the world after only six weeks in office."

But parents of children in the classroom were obviously unhappy as well

"I'm stunned -- I can't believe it's our school," said Jim Pronchik, who said his 8-year-old son Jimmy was one of the 18 students in the video. "We don't want to praise this guy like he's a god or an idol or a king or anything like that. That's the wrong message to be sending."

Their taxes, their children.... they have the right to decide, more so than any of you liberals defending this inappropriate action by the zealot leaders of this school.

banyon
09-25-2009, 09:56 PM
Banyon - Here you go. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/25/principal-nj-school-long-obama-supporter/

The principal of a New Jersey elementary school where young students were videotaped singing the praises of President Obama is making no apologies for the videotape and says she would allow the performance again if she could, according to parents who spoke with her Thursday night.

Three parents told FOXNews.com that Dr. Denise King, principal of B. Bernice Young Elementary School in Burlington, N.J., defended the controversial performance, which was videotaped and posted on YouTube, when they approached her during a "Back to School" event.

Parent Jim Angelillo said King told him the lesson was merely part of Black History month, and not an attempt to indoctrinate students, as critics have charged. He said he believes teachers have the freedom to express their political views, but not in the classroom.

"Freedom of speech, not freedom to teach," Angelillo told FOXNews.com.

King has long been a fan of Obama, hanging pictures of the president in her school's hallways and touting her trip to his inauguration in the school yearbook.

Included in the full-page yearbook spread were Obama campaign slogans ("Yes we can! Yes we did!") and photos King took in Washington on Jan. 20, when she attended the inauguration.

There also were photos taken at the school depicting students doing Obama-themed activities about their "hopes for the future," featuring posters of Obama. According to the yearbook, students watched the inauguration in class.

Parents said Elvira James, the teacher of the class that was videotaped, also seemed to be promoting Obama.

"She praised him, she put pictures on the walls," said Jim Pronchick, whose 8-year-old son, Jimmy, was in James' class last year. "When he won (the election) they really went off."

Leslie Gibson, who has two children at the school, said she was "shocked" at the videotape, adding that political beliefs, like religious views, should be kept at home. She also said King made a "big deal" about her attendance at the inauguration.

"Throughout the school, there were signs posted supporting Barack Obama quite a bit," Gibson told FOXNews.com. "I understand it's a historical event, but on the same token, I like politics to be left at home and I think she should follow that as well."

Attempts to reach King on Friday were unsuccessful. A recording at the school said its mailbox was full and could not accept new messages.

A search of public records revealed that King, 46, of Cinnaminson, N.J., last voted in 2004 and had not declared any political affiliation. No records of political contributions could be found.

The controversy over the YouTube video extended into northwest Arkansas on Friday, as officials at the Bernice Young Elementary School in Springdale said they had been received calls from across the country and Canada from irate parents and other individuals.

Principal Debbie Flora told the Associated Press that the callers claimed the school was teaching political opinion and that some "did not use very kind language."

Even the parents of the children in school don't want this taught to their kids. It is their money, their taxes, and their children. What is being done is filthy and I certainly hope that King is dismissed and never allowed to teach children again.

Unfortunately, if she is she will probably be named Teaching Czar with the history I have seen over the last several months.

This article appears to state that the performance was "allowed" but not "mandatory". Did I miss it in here somewhere?

Esit: also I don't see where the article states that it was a regular classroom on-the-clock activity.

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 09:59 PM
This article appears to state that the performance was "allowed" but not "mandatory". Did I miss it in here somewhere?

The events happened during class. Going to class is mandatory.

banyon
09-25-2009, 10:00 PM
The events happened during class. Going to class is mandatory.

Where does it say that?

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Where does it say that?

He said he believes teachers have the freedom to express their political views, but not in the classroom

banyon
09-25-2009, 10:03 PM
He said he believes teachers have the freedom to express their political views, but not in the classroom

He could easily have been referring to the posters on her wall.

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Where does it say that?

I thought that if this was a civics class in say high school or upper level middle school, in might be appropriate to discuss policies or politics, but as far as children in first grade, second grade -- those types of levels -- it's inappropriate to discuss how a president is changing the world after only six weeks in office.

Please dont tell me you are silly enough to be supporting the actions of this indoctrination as well.

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 10:04 PM
He could easily have been referring to the posters on her wall.

Not at all, he didn't mention the posters. He mentioned his children being taught about black history month.

banyon
09-25-2009, 10:06 PM
I thought that if this was a civics class in say high school or upper level middle school, in might be appropriate to discuss policies or politics, but as far as children in first grade, second grade -- those types of levels -- it's inappropriate to discuss how a president is changing the world after only six weeks in office.

Please dont tell me you are silly enough to be supporting the actions of this indoctrination as well.

I already stated I don't think it was a good classroom lesson. But I don't want to assume things that there's no evidence for. People seem to be filling in a few blanks as their desire dictates.

banyon
09-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Not at all, he didn't mention the posters. He mentioned his children being taught about black history month.

Correct. And yet he did not refer to the performance, so it's pretty difficult to tell if he was referring to anything in particular at all. In fact, the paragraph before says it was a "back to school event" which makes me think it wasn't regular class time.

***SPRAYER
09-25-2009, 10:15 PM
I already stated I don't think it was a good classroom lesson. But I don't want to assume things that there's no evidence for. People seem to be filling in a few blanks as their desire dictates.

You are such a scumbag. So many of us have been warning about this guy since the primaries and all you and all your communist buddies and buddettes did was rationalize, obfuscate, and smear.

The guy is a piece of shit. He's a communist. Stop the BS already and try and redeem what little (and I do mean little) integrity you might have left.

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Correct. And yet he did not refer to the performance, so it's pretty difficult to tell if he was referring to anything in particular at all. In fact, the paragraph before says it was a "back to school event" which makes me think it wasn't regular class time.

You misread. The principal was confronted at the back to school event. It doesn't state the singing was to be done at the event.

I am still looking, but the retired teacher and her superiors (the principal, I finally found) have stated that this event was part of the curriculum of black history month and a part of the classroom events.

banyon
09-25-2009, 10:21 PM
You misread. The principal was confronted at the back to school event. It doesn't state the singing was to be done at the event.

I am still looking, but the retired teacher and her superiors (the principal, I finally found) have stated that this event was part of the curriculum of black history month and a part of the classroom events.

Ah You are correct, I misread.

Of course if they had a "back to school" event, then the activity could have occurred prior to the school year (thus the need for a "back to school" event)

Edit: Nevermind this would obviously have to have been February, which is black history month.

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 10:24 PM

Of course if they had a "back to school" event, then the activity could have occurred prior to the school year (thus the need for a "back to school" event)

Nope, the parents stated this occurred during Black History Month, which is February.

Regardless, the parents of the children involved in the process were unaware. Either you have to assume it happened during class or that the parents were lied to about after school activities (failure to notify the parents of the true curriculum is lying) if you want to stretch your assumptions.

Either way, and I am assuming it is the former as most 1st graders don't have after school event without parents in attendance, it is wrong and deserves nothing less than the expulsion of Ms. King from any type of educational setting again.

Bwana
09-25-2009, 10:26 PM

I agree with TJ about 99% of the time myself these days, welcome to "CHANGE."

http://i.ebayimg.com/14/!BUiWfo!BGk~$(KGrHgoOKjMEjlLmVUyGBKN+p)1Ne!~~_35.JPG

banyon
09-25-2009, 10:27 PM
Nope, the parents stated this occurred during Black History Month, which is February.

Regardless, the parents of the children involved in the process were unaware. Either you have to assume it happened during class or that the parents were lied to about after school activities (failure to notify the parents of the true curriculum is lying) if you want to stretch your assumptions.

Either way, and I am assuming it is the former as most 1st graders don't have after school event without parents in attendance, it is wrong and deserves nothing less than the expulsion of Ms. King from any type of educational setting again.

Why do you assume parents were "lied to"?

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Why do you assume parents were "lied to"?

Failure to notify is lying.

Especially when it comes to the well being of your own children.

The man was told by Principal King that this was merely teaching Black History Month. He didn't know it was indoctrination (paraphrased). She lied to him, plain and simple.

banyon
09-25-2009, 10:34 PM
Failure to notify is lying.

Especially when it comes to the well being of your own children.

The man was told by Principal King that this was merely teaching Black History Month. He didn't know it was indoctrination (paraphrased). She lied to him, plain and simple.

Failure to notify is specifically not lying. Nor has it ever been. Lying involves intentional deception necessarily which did not have to occur here.

Is there a list of criteria for curriculum details that parents *have* to be notified about? How specific is it?

Saying it was a black history related event was not inaccurate, even if it might have been too general for some people's liking.

Bwana
09-25-2009, 10:35 PM

I would pop in here about once every two weeks for a post or two myself, until the dipshit go in there and started fugging things up. Now I chime in a little more often, because I don't like the direction he country is headed.

http://i10.ebayimg.com/03/i/001/3c/36/ff87_12.JPG

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 10:39 PM
Failure to notify is specifically not lying. Nor has it ever been. Lying involves intentional deception necessarily which did not have to occur here.

Is there a list of criteria for curriculum details that parents *have* to be notified about? How specific is it?

Saying it was a black history related event was not inaccurate, even if it might have been too general for some people's liking.

Perception is reality. It was that man's child being indoctrinated. It was an immoral thing to do. The man was not notified of the indoctrination.

Jim Angelillo's perception matters more than what you or I think, and more than Ms. King's altered reality as well.

banyon
09-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Perception is reality. It was that man's child being indoctrinated. It was an immoral thing to do. The man was not notified of the indoctrination.

Jim Angelillo's perception matters more than what you or I think, and more than Ms. King's altered reality as well.

That's a fair opinion to have, but concluding it was lying and forced on kids is just not concludable from what I've seen so far.

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 10:42 PM
That's a fair opinion to have, but concluding it was lying and forced on kids is just not concludable from what I've seen so far.

I can disagree amicably with that. And we both can wait and see.

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 10:42 PM
I would pop in here about once every two weeks for a post or two myself, until the dipshit go in there and started fugging things up. Now I chime in a little more often, because I don't like the direction he country is headed.

http://i10.ebayimg.com/03/i/001/3c/36/ff87_12.JPG

Love the tag, Bwana.

***SPRAYER
09-25-2009, 11:09 PM

Gee, ya think?:rolleyes: