PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Whitlock takes Egoli national

Pages : [1] 2

orange
09-24-2009, 11:33 AM
5. This week's teachable moment is a warning to members of the national football media: I'm respectfully asking that writers and broadcasters do not visit Kansas City with the intention of carrying Scott Pioli's water.

My reaction to any homer-ish, out-of-context Pioli water-carrying will not be respectful. Pioli came to Kansas City and quickly unveiled the biggest ego in professional sports, earning him the nickname Scott Egoli. He absolutely doesn't need Peter King, Adam Schefter, Mike Florio or anyone else rationalizing the roster he put together.

It is no secret around the league that Egoli believes he is equal to or superior to Bill Belichick in football intellect. I'm anxious to see him prove it. I campaigned for the Chiefs to hire Egoli. I'd like for him to be successful. But there's no reason for us to prop him up.

So let's kill the little notes about the Chiefs releasing 30 players (five off injured reserve and five off the practice squad) since Pioli's arrival and only three or four of them landing on an opponent's roster. Do you think Bill Parcells didn't release some players off the 1-15 Dolphins team he inherited?

By the end of the 2008 season, I believe there were fewer than 30 Dolphins left from the 2007 roster.

Parcells also acquired a veteran quarterback, Chad Pennington, and gave him a two-year deal worth around $9 million. Meanwhile, Egoli acquired Matt Cassel, giving the career backup a $60 million contract.

We're not throwing any pity parties in Kansas City. If you acquire information by providing back massages to ego-bloated general managers, I'm politely asking you to find another city. I like and respect the overwhelming majority of the men and women covering the NFL -- particularly King, Schefter and Florio -- but I can't tolerate anyone interfering with how I run my corners in Kansas City.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10119548/NFL-Truths:-Brady-will-always-hear-the-footsteps

L.A. Chieffan
09-24-2009, 11:35 AM
fucking drama jesus. who gives a shit if he has an ego? if he wins he wins

Taco John
09-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Speaking of egos...

sedated
My reaction to any homer-ish, out-of-context Pioli water-carrying will not be respectful.

If you acquire information by providing back massages to ego-bloated general managers, I'm politely asking you to find another city. I like and respect the overwhelming majority of the men and women covering the NFL -- particularly King, Schefter and Florio -- but I can't tolerate anyone interfering with how I run my corners in Kansas City.

talk about ego.

and bitter.

dirk digler
Whitlock has a bigger ego than Pioli does and a bigger gerth and ass. Maybe he will eat himself to death.

sedated
09-24-2009, 11:38 AM
so, he pretty much has declared KC HIS town, and implores all big-named national media to join his new "anti-Pioli" campaign or stay the F out.

tooge
09-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Whitlock needs a new schtick, and bad! His is so transparent. Find the town's biggest sports front office personality. Demonize them. Enjoy haveing subject matter for the next 5 years minimum. It's getting real old Jason. I have quit reading his articles that have Pioli or Haley in the title.

Fish
09-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Wait.... who has the huge ego again?

wild1
09-24-2009, 11:40 AM
He is sounding more pathetic by the day.

CaliforniaChief
09-24-2009, 11:41 AM
I would LOVE to know what Pioli said to Whitlock. It had to be worthy of quote of the year.

penguinz
09-24-2009, 11:42 AM
Whitlock needs a new schtick, and bad! His is so transparent. Find the town's biggest sports front office personality. Demonize them. Enjoy haveing subject matter for the next 5 years minimum. It's getting real old Jason. I have quit reading his articles that have Pioli or Haley in the title.Even more annoying is his whole 'put a clown suit on' saying he uses non-stop.

Brock
09-24-2009, 11:43 AM
"How I run my corners?" What are you, Avon Barksdale, chunky?

rockymtnchief
09-24-2009, 11:43 AM
blah blah blah blah blah blah

Man, he's annoying!

CaliforniaChief
09-24-2009, 11:45 AM
"How I run my corners?" What are you, Avon Barksdale, chunky?

Not sure who he is, but I do think there's gathering evidence that he's been in Thailand over the last year or so.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=214833

KCtotheSB
09-24-2009, 11:46 AM
We get the general manager that every other team in the league has been wanting for YEARS and he's pulling this stupid bullshit. I'll fork over good money to the person who ties a string on a drumstick, attaches the other end to a Greyhound bus and leads Whitlock out of town......

Coogs
09-24-2009, 11:48 AM
Hell, that nickname has not even caught on around Kansas City. No way it is going to catch on nationally if you can even get it to go locally. Time to give it up JW. :shake:

Deberg_1990
09-24-2009, 11:49 AM
I must have missed all the stories from King, Schefter and Florio "Crowning the Chiefs A**" ????

|Zach|
09-24-2009, 11:50 AM
I must have missed all the stories from King, Schefter and Florio "Crowning the Chiefs A**" ????

There were not any of those...of course that isn't what he was describing either.

nychief
09-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Terrible writing from an terrible writer. No wonder he works for a third rate newspaper and a third rate online mag... what a joke.

By the way, did he eat Stephen A. Smith?

JohninGpt
What a fuggin butt hurt, childish idiot.

jAZ
Pathetic. The stupid name. The entire premise. Pioli can't possibly compete with Carl Peterson for ego. And hardly an issue of ego for someone to follow the approach that they developed and that worked elsewhere over time.

But I guess this is how Whitlock makes his paycheck.

Pathetic.

Coogs
09-24-2009, 11:54 AM
There were not any of those...of course that isn't what he was describing either.

Just what exactly is he describing with reference to those guys? Seems like he just randomly threw in a sentence that included those fellows names... twice.

jAZ
09-24-2009, 11:54 AM
And while I admit I have no idea what Pioli is like personally, in every interview I've ever seen he's among the most thoughtful, softspoken, humble GM's I've ever seen.

He appears quite the opposite of Egoli.

Coogs
09-24-2009, 11:56 AM
And while I admit I have no idea what Pioli is like personally, in every interview I've ever seen he's among the most thoughtful, softspoken, humble GM's I've ever seen.

He appears quite the opposite of Egoli.

That is what I have thought as well.

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Nice.

He can't stick to calling Pioli and Haley names.

Now he's got to insult fellow members of the media - members who are FAR more respected than he is.

JohninGpt
09-24-2009, 12:00 PM
...but I can't tolerate anyone interfering with how I run my corners in Kansas City.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10119548/NFL-Truths:-Brady-will-always-hear-the-footsteps

Wow, who is the one with the ego problem?

|Zach|
09-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Just what exactly is he describing with reference to those guys? Seems like he just randomly threw in a sentence that included those fellows names... twice.

He was referencing them talking up Pioli and his movies...and they have.

Nobody was crowning the Chiefs anything though.

KC kid
09-24-2009, 12:01 PM
"egoli" - what a stupid term.

Pestilence
09-24-2009, 12:01 PM
He's still butt hurt about Ball State and Nate Davis.

Chocolate Hog
09-24-2009, 12:02 PM
Pioli 3 Rings

Whitlock a 300 pound waistline

Coogs
09-24-2009, 12:02 PM
He was referencing them talking up Pioli and his movies...and they have.

Has Pioli went on record though speaking against those three gentlemen? That is the way it read to me.

the Talking Can
09-24-2009, 12:04 PM
smart chief fans know whitlock is right...and full of integrity

keg in kc
09-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Enough already. I'd ban him from the press box and make him buy tickets if I was in charge. 'course, it's probably good that I'm not, because he'd just use that as evidence of my ego, the man keeping him down.

Speaking of corners, he should be sent to one until he can act like a professional journalist over the age of 2.

Warrior5
09-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Embellishment. Shit-stirring. Faux outrage. Self-aggrandizement.

Typical Whitlock douche-baggery.

Piss on Whitlock...

Count Zarth
09-24-2009, 12:10 PM
I can't tolerate anyone interfering with how I run my corners in Kansas City.

And WPI will not tolerate Whitlock's agenda-driven, bitter anti-Haley rants, either.

IGNORANCE WILL BE PUNISHED!

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Enough already. I'd ban him from the press box and make him buy tickets if I was in charge. 'course, it's probably good that I'm not, because he'd just use that as evidence of my ego, the man keeping him down.

That's a Carl move.

Pioli simply won't acknowledge that he's there.

keg in kc
09-24-2009, 12:14 PM
That's a Carl move.

Pioli simply won't acknowledge that he's there.Correct. Which is going to make Whitlock even more outraged. But still impotent.

Chiefnj2
09-24-2009, 12:15 PM
JWhit has gone off the deep end on this whole thing. Something must have happened that he isn't disclosing. I can see writing an article in the local paper on Pioli, but in a national column why bother. 90% of the people reading it don't know who KC's GM is and the other 9.9% don't care if he is an egotistical ass or not.

KCUnited
09-24-2009, 12:19 PM
The stench of desperation is strong on this one.

Buehler445
09-24-2009, 12:19 PM
That's a Carl move.

Pioli simply won't acknowledge that he's there.

Which is precisely what will piss Whitlock off more...

Mr. Laz
09-24-2009, 12:21 PM
What a fuggin butt hurt, childish idiot.this

Mr. Laz
09-24-2009, 12:23 PM
I think it would be funny if we banned any whitlock article posting around here.

a backfire would suit whitlock

Alton deFlat
09-24-2009, 12:25 PM
Three words.... pot, kettle, black.

OK, was that inappropriate?

Count Zarth
09-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Come on guys....this is funny. Whitlock just threw all his chips in the pot. The rest of this season is gonna be epic...we're gonna suck, Whitlock is going to try and raze Arrowhead to the ground.........something awesome could happen.

This is all fresh, new and very exciting. Whitlock hasn't even started in on Cassel. Or Larry Johnson. God forbid Bowe drops a few passes.

The rabbit hole gets a lot deeper!

OnTheWarpath58
09-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Come on guys....this is funny. Whitlock just threw all his chips in the pot. The rest of this season is gonna be epic...we're gonna suck, Whitlock is going to try and raze Arrowhead to the ground.........something awesome could happen.

This is all fresh, new and very exciting. Whitlock hasn't even started in on Cassel. Or Larry Johnson.

The rabbit hole gets a lot deeper!

Yep.

The "action" in the media might end up being more interesting than the action on the field, sadly.

Otter
09-24-2009, 12:31 PM
If I know Pioli's style, and I think I do, he doesn't say a word. Whitlock seems to be intent on hanging himself.

An old Italian Proverb comes to mind - "Ride bene chi ride ultimo."

DeezNutz
09-24-2009, 12:32 PM
Whitlock hasn't even started in on Cassel.

And this is when it's really going to get ugly.

DaFace
09-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Whitlock is coming close to having his name automatically changed to Fatass on the Planet. He's been completely unreadable lately.

Count Zarth
09-24-2009, 12:35 PM
And this is when it's really going to get ugly.

Yep. Because not only does he get to rip Cassel, he gets to use Cassel as a tool to rip Pioli.

God forbid Croyle get in a game and play well again.

WHITLOCK: QB controversy alive and well.

CaliforniaChief
09-24-2009, 12:38 PM
This place is becoming Whitlock Planet International. (WPI).

The best way to counter that is to stop putting his drivel on here (which I have done in the past) and punishing anyone for posting it. Ignore him, and he starves. Ok, at least for attention.

KCUnited
09-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Note to self: Never order a salad while having dinner with a fat black man who writes for the media in the bbq capital of the world.

wild1
09-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Like someone else said, anytime I see Pioli on television or hear him speak, he sounds perfectly well mannered, humble, and very professional. Maybe he does have an ego, to be in that business you probably do, but he never seems to show it - except to Whitlock I guess.

It's sad that Whitlock can be so talented but when it comes to the Chiefs he is nothing but a poo-slinger.

TinyEvel
09-24-2009, 12:49 PM
W...T....F????

I really think Whitlock is either a cokehead or a raging alcoholic to write this crap.

orange
09-24-2009, 12:50 PM
God forbid Croyle get in a game and play well again.

WHITLOCK: QB controversy alive and well.

Don't know why that's being hung on Whitlock. It was Bill Maas who started that rumor - Whitlock just responded like every other football reporter in America.

The obsession with JW on ChiefsPlanet is just as bad as JW's obsession with Pioli - except JW gets paid a healthy salary for his obsession.

L.A. Chieffan
09-24-2009, 12:51 PM
maybe he's talking about glazer, do those two have a history?

Count Zarth
09-24-2009, 12:53 PM
W...T....F????

I really think Whitlock is either a cokehead or a raging alcoholic to write this crap.

He is a performance artist.

And right now the audience is captivated.

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Don't know why that's being hung on Whitlock. It was Bill Maas who started that rumor - Whitlock just responded like every other football reporter in America.

The obsession with JW on ChiefsPlanet is just as bad as JW's obsession with Pioli - except JW gets paid a healthy salary for his obsession.

The Planet talks about Whitlock when either:

1) somebody posts one of his columns or

2) jwhit himself posts here

That's really not an obsession, since nobody brings up Whitlock out of the blue.

orange
09-24-2009, 12:56 PM
The Planet talks about Whitlock when either:

1) somebody posts one of his columns or

2) jwhit himself posts here

That's really not an obsession, since nobody brings up Whitlock out of the blue.

I'm talking about JW getting credit/blame for stuff he didn't even originate.

Bill Maas: "There's a QB controversy brewing..."

ChiefsPlanet: "Well Whitlock can bite my ass..."

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2009, 12:59 PM
I think the article is tongue-in-cheek in regards to the other sportswriters.

It IS disingenous to say that 30 players have been released when in fact, five were on IR and five were on the practice squad.

This is also factual:

"Parcells also acquired a veteran quarterback, Chad Pennington, and gave him a two-year deal worth around $9 million. Meanwhile, Egoli acquired Matt Cassel, giving the career backup a $60 million contract."

I really don't see any reason to get worked up about this blurb.

BigChiefFan
09-24-2009, 01:00 PM

Because he should know better? It's obvious it's a non-story and he's using his typical shock-talk article to keep himself relevant, because he isn't anything Chiefs related at this point, so then what exactly does he have?

jidar
09-24-2009, 01:00 PM
wow.

I find myself embarrassed for Whitlock, this is really terrible.

OnTheWarpath58
09-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Because he should know better? It's obvious it's a non-story and he's using his typical shock-talk article to keep himself relevant, because he isn't anything Chiefs related at this point, so then what exactly does he have?

How is it a non-story, when every major sports media outlet (ESPN, CBS Sports, Sporting News, etc) all took the same "sign me up" quote from the AP story and ran with it under a headline proclaiming a QB controversy - BEFORE Whitlock did?

BigChiefFan
09-24-2009, 01:04 PM
How is it a non-story, when every major sports media outlet (ESPN, CBS Sports, Sporting News, etc) all took the same "sign me up" quote from the AP story and ran with it under a headline proclaiming a QB controversy - BEFORE Whitlock did?Because we all know who started talking about it originally and then it snowballed into something that's it not, all because the person with the real huge ego has red-ass.

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2009, 01:07 PM
Because we all know who started talking about it originally and then it snowballed into something that's it not, all because the person with the real huge ego has red-ass.

Am I missing something?

Didn't the coach say it?

OnTheWarpath58
09-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Because we all know who started talking about it originally and then it snowballed into something that's it not, all because the person with the real huge ego has red-ass.

Dude - Whitlock was NOT the 1st to bring this up, no matter how much you want to believe it.

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm talking about JW getting credit/blame for stuff he didn't even originate.

Bill Maas: "There's a QB controversy brewing..."

ChiefsPlanet: "Well Whitlock can bite my ass..."

I've seen an awful lot of people mention that the national media and Kent Babb were talking about this during TRAINING CAMP.

One or two people with a hard-on for Whitlock is hardly representative of "the Planet".

BigChiefFan
09-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Am I missing something?

Didn't the coach say it?"Sign me up" ..now means he wants Brodie as the starting QB, just like that?

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 01:11 PM

People were talking about Croyle beating out Cassel in training camp dude.

orange
09-24-2009, 01:12 PM
One or two people with a hard-on for Whitlock is hardly representative of "the Planet".

Hmmm. Poll material?

BigChiefFan
09-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Dude - Whitlock was NOT the 1st to bring this up, no matter how much you want to believe it.Never said he was, because I know he wasn't. We've been over it, ad nauseum. I think it's a non-story. Anybody that believes Croyle gets the start this week is off their rocker.

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Hmmm. Poll material?

Probably not possible at this point. It would have been more objective if we had started to poll prior to OTWP and myself posting that the talk started in training camp 500 times. :D

CoMoChief
09-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Wow, way to completely discredit your entire argument/rant/article with the very last couple sentences.

I like and respect the overwhelming majority of the men and women covering the NFL -- particularly King, Schefter and Florio -- but I can't tolerate anyone interfering with how I run my corners in Kansas City.

Yeah.....if anyone fucks with Whitlock......THEY'RE DOOMED!!!! :spock:

BigChiefFan
09-24-2009, 01:18 PM
People were talking about Croyle beating out Cassel in training camp dude.
Yes, but after Cassel signed the long-term contract, I believe that clearly told anyone paying attention that Cassel is their guy.

orange
09-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Yes, but after Cassel signed the long-term contract, I believe that clearly told anyone paying attention that Cassel is their guy.

I believe that's exactly why HALEY mentioned Foley, Bledsoe, and Leinart - highly paid benchwarmers, all.

CosmicPal
09-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Shitlock is truly a sad, sad man.

keg in kc
09-24-2009, 01:24 PM
I listened/read the camp reports as much as anyone and I never got the impression that Croyle was 'beating him out", certainly not after his performance in the second preseason game. People said he was up-and-down in practice, but I didn't ever get the idea that his job was in any real question.

I've thought all along that this whole thing that's being blown up into a quarterback controversy was simply Haley being consistent on the whole competition thing when he was answering questions. He's been beating that drum the whole time, I think he believes it's integral to changing the entitled mindset of the roster, and I don't know that there's a player on the team he'd outright call an unquestioned starter outside of Colquitt and Succop, and maybe not even them. It's his philosophy.

BigRedChief
09-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Speaking of egos...No kidding. Name me a successful head coach or gm that is not arrgant or full of himself?

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 01:30 PM
I believe that's exactly why HALEY mentioned Foley, Bledsoe, and Leinart - highly paid benchwarmers, all.

True.

BigChiefFan
09-24-2009, 01:30 PM
I believe that's exactly why HALEY mentioned Foley, Bledsoe, and Leinart - highly paid benchwarmers, all.Difference is Haley had alot of say in the matter when it comes to Cassel. He has actually stated that he and Pioli were on the same page and both agreed he was worth pursuing in a trade.

Also, I will say this, of course if Cassel plays badly, Haley won't hesitate to pull him, but right now this is much-ado-about, nothing.

morphius
09-24-2009, 01:32 PM
So I guess I think have finally figured this out, Pioli stole the last rib off the plate at Gates in their three hour dinner, and everyone knows the last one belongs to Jason. Only someone with a big ego would do that, and the guy who walked out on both sports radio stations and ESPN has enough experience to know ego when he sees it...

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2009, 01:32 PM
FWIW, I had friends who don't live around KC, who are Dallas or fans of other teams come up to me in the middle of August and say,

"Is there a QB controversy in KC. I heard that Croyle might beat out Cassel."

It's funny how quickly people forget about shit like this because they want to.

ChiefsCountry
09-24-2009, 01:36 PM
FWIW, I had friends who don't live around KC, who are Dallas or fans of other teams come up to me in the middle of August and say,

"Is there a QB controversy in KC. I heard that Croyle might beat out Cassel."

It's funny how quickly people forget about shit like this because they want to.

This.

Easy 6
09-24-2009, 01:39 PM
Didnt even read it.

Just posted.

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2009, 02:11 PM

Haley has stated that there are no sacred cows and the BEST players will play.

Also, there's this, from August 8th:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/08/20/backups/1.html

15. Brodie Croyle, Kansas City -- I was at Chiefs camp on day one this summer and the conventional wisdom at that point was that Croyle was going to have to fight to win the No. 3 job behind Matt Cassel and Tyler Thigpen. But Croyle has had a good preseason, and now there's even some speculation about whether he could wind up pushing Cassel. I don't think that happens, but Croyle looks like he's firmly ahead of Thigpen right now.

vailpass
09-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Whitlock sure can pull the strings of some Planet members. :)

KCUnited
09-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Got this gem in my email box from 610. It had a link to the full interview attached as well, I'm guessing on their site, but I'm not linking that drivel.

"According to 610 Sports Radio’s Bill Maas, Todd Haley didn’t make the decision to play Matt Cassel Sunday against Oakland. And that bad idea from up top blew up in the Chiefs’ faces. Could a QB controversy be brewing?"

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Got this gem in my email box from 610. It had a link to the full interview attached as well, I'm guessing on their site, but I'm not linking that drivel.

"According to 610 Sports Radio’s Bill Maas, Todd Haley didn’t make the decision to play Matt Cassel Sunday against Oakland. And that bad idea from up top blew up in the Chiefs’ faces. Could a QB controversy be brewing?"

ROFL

Kyle DeLexus
09-24-2009, 02:47 PM
I campaigned for the Chiefs to hire Egoli

Why does he keep saying that he CAMPAIGNED for the hire? Why not say he supported the hire? He sounds like he's trying to make himself into a big deal and that Clark Hunt respected his opinion on who should be the General Manager.

OnTheWarpath58
09-24-2009, 02:49 PM

I just listened to it, and either Maas has an insider on the sideline, or he's blatantly making things up in detail.

According to Maas, Haley went to Cassel on the sideline during the 4th quarter and said, "you haven't read the defense all day."

He went on to say that one of the TOs we blew was because Haley was busy screaming at Cassel through the headset, and didn't bother to tell the sideline what the personell package was for the play he was calling.

Chiefnj2
09-24-2009, 02:54 PM
I just listened to it, and either Maas has an insider on the sideline, or he's blatantly making things up in detail.

According to Maas, Haley went to Cassel on the sideline during the 4th quarter and said, "you haven't read the defense all day."

He went on to say that one of the TOs we blew was because Haley was busy screaming at Cassel through the headset, and didn't bother to tell the sideline what the personell package was for the play he was calling.

I listened to it also. Like you said, he either has someone close to what's happening or he has an overactive imagination. He makes it seem like Haley really in Croyle's corner.

Chocolate Hog
09-24-2009, 02:54 PM
The QB who hasn't won a game in 4 years is better then the 63 million dollar Qb.

Raptor
09-24-2009, 03:06 PM
We get the general manager that every other team in the league has been wanting for YEARS and he's pulling this stupid bullshit. I'll fork over good money to the person who ties a string on a drumstick, attaches the other end to a Greyhound bus and leads Whitlock out of town......

LOLROFL

jwhit
09-24-2009, 03:10 PM
You guys realize I look like a fool if Pioli is a flop? I wrote several columns championing this guy as the savior. I'm not real happy about what I've learned about Pioli since his arrival in KC. I feel like a fool.

Yes, this is the real Jason Whitlock. You can email me at ballstate0@aol.com if you want to check my authenticity or at jwhitlock@kcstar.com.

Chocolate Hog
09-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Whitlocks aol screename is Ballstate68

dirk digler
09-24-2009, 03:15 PM
You guys realize I look like a fool if Pioli is a flop? I wrote several columns championing this guy as the savior. I'm not real happy about what I've learned about Pioli since his arrival in KC. I feel like a fool.

Yes, this is the real Jason Whitlock. You can email me at ballstate0@aol.com if you want to check my authenticity or at jwhitlock@kcstar.com.

So what have you learned about Pioli? Please share.

keg in kc
09-24-2009, 03:17 PM
You guys realize I look like a fool if Pioli is a flop? I wrote several columns championing this guy as the savior. I'm not real happy about what I've learned about Pioli since his arrival in KC. I feel like a fool. There might have been an interesting column there if you'd approached it from that angle.

dirk digler
09-24-2009, 03:21 PM
jwhit are you suggesting Pioli is dumber than Carl?

Saccopoo
09-24-2009, 03:25 PM
As I've stated before, Whitlock's only hope at this point is to see the Chiefs fail, and fail utterly, epically; something of a magnitude worse than what Peterson and Herm left behind. He's been on this schtick before the season began, and now he's imploring other in the medial to drink his punch.

Let me tell you something Jason - the rest of the media likes and appreciates the efforts of Haley and Pioli. Peter King already has proffered up several very positive articles/snippets on the Chiefs and Pioli in SI. As others have mentioned, Pioli, in all the interviews I've seen of him/with him, is gracious, soft-spoken, intelligent and respectful to the interviewer. And I think that you are fully aware of this, thus the reason behind your recent plea to the national reporters. However, I'm sure that most of them who've had a chance to sit down and talk with Pioli will figure it out on their own. And then you will be regarded as the raving lunatic, the village idiot, the delusional apocalyptic doomsayer whose draped himself with a "The End is Near!" placard and stands on the corner maniacally screaming at anyone, everyone who passes by.

I don't know what you did to piss him off...wait. Yes I do. You "broke" the story of Waters being a cry baby about not getting a permanent office next to Hunt, Pioli and Haley at Arrowhead. You've done nothing to endear yourself to this franchise's new front office because you've continued to bait them with immature name calling because it was your ego that got hurt - not the other way around.

At this point, you have burned the bridges. And with every single article, you continue to throw kerosene on the fire, and sooner rather than later, you are going to spill some on yourself and go up in flames.

Frankly, I'm embarrassed. For you. For the Chiefs fans who will be associatively connected with you. For the rest of the media that you've called out.

CaliforniaChief
09-24-2009, 03:28 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

dirk digler
09-24-2009, 03:30 PM
So jwhit bails without answering any questions. Typical.

ChiefsCountry
09-24-2009, 03:30 PM

Should have pimped for Eric DeCosta of the Ravens.

Saccopoo
09-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Why does he keep saying that he CAMPAIGNED for the hire? Why not say he supported the hire? He sounds like he's trying to make himself into a big deal and that Clark Hunt respected his opinion on who should be the General Manager.

Shush now. Remember it's Pioli with the ego, not Whitlock.

L.A. Chieffan
09-24-2009, 03:35 PM
Hey Whitlock, how many columns do you directly ripoff from this site?

Warrior5
09-24-2009, 03:36 PM

So? This means... what? Are we supposed to react some way?

Just Passin' By
09-24-2009, 03:40 PM
Has anyone ever verified that as the 'real' Jason Whitlock? If so, he should know that he already looks like a fool for just whining like a petulant child. If he truly is

not real happy about what I've learned about Pioli since his arrival in KC. I feel like a fool.

he should either share his knowledge with the public or shut the fuck up.

Saccopoo
09-24-2009, 03:47 PM

You don't feel like a fool. Well, maybe after the six months of complete and utter negativity that you've avalanche on the new front office you do but there's no reason for you to be worried about being the single, sole reason for Pioli being hired by the Chiefs. You are the media. You are supposed to be the beacon of rational objectivity. It was Hunt that hired him, not you. And he was the guy that a lot, and I mean a lot, of other teams had their eye on for the GM spot.

What is really interesting is why you aren't coming clean with the goods that you have on Pioli, that "something" that has you convinced he's a raving, out of control meglomaniac. It's pretty apparent that you aren't "real happy," but have provided nothing other than a snippet about him talking over Haley once or twice at a presser luncheon. I got to tell you, that just ain't enough.

morphius
09-24-2009, 03:53 PM
So? This means... what? Are we supposed to react some way?
No, just every time he posts people start questioning if it is really him.

jwhit
09-24-2009, 03:54 PM
Guys, I am sharing what I know. That's what I've been writing in the KC Star.

Trust me, I look better if Pioli is a success. You think I can't write columns taking credit for Pioli's success? I look far worse if he's a flop. You guys don't even know how to properly criticize me. I campaigned for Jeff George and Ty Law. I got all excited when the Chiefs signed Chester McGlockton. If Pioli is a flop, I'm basically going to write the opposite of whatever my instincts tell me the Chiefs should do next.

I'm bummed by what I've seen from and learned about Pioli since his arrival in KC. I'm hoping he turns it around. It's early.

I have two AOL e-mail addresses, BallState68 and BallState0, the 0 is listed at the bottom of the FoxSports.com column where the Egoli passage was lifted.

The Bad Guy
09-24-2009, 03:55 PM

You looked like a fool long before Pioli got to Kansas City.

The problem is you got used to the buddy/buddy system with Herm. You are a lot like Brian Waters. You got comfortable having access to everything inside Arrowhead much like Waters got used to playing patticake with Herman Edwards. Pioli came in, shook up your comfort zone, and now you are lashing out like a bitch.

You always have an agenda. You want the access, but Pioli isn't granting it so you have to come up with stories to sell papers. We get it.

You also have covered your ass both ways. If Pioli succeeds, you can point to your prior articles and pound your chest (or moobs, whatever you want) and say you were behind the hiring when it happened. If he fails, you've laid the groundwork for the "I told you so" piece.

Either way, you come out smelling like a rose - which is all you are interested in.

dirk digler
09-24-2009, 03:59 PM

Trust me, I look better if Pioli is a success. You think I can't write columns taking credit for Pioli's success? I look far worse if he's a flop. You guys don't even know how to properly criticize me. I campaigned for Jeff George and Ty Law. I got all excited when the Chiefs signed Chester McGlockton. If Pioli is a flop, I'm basically going to write the opposite of whatever my instincts tell me the Chiefs should do next.

I'm bummed by what I've seen from and learned about Pioli since his arrival in KC. I'm hoping he turns it around. It's early.

I have two AOL e-mail addresses, BallState68 and BallState0, the 0 is listed at the bottom of the FoxSports.com column where the Egoli passage was lifted.

So basically Jason what you know is that you think Pioli is a egomanic and doesn't know how to run a football team? Is that accurate?

If you had to compare him to Carl what would be their similarities and differences?

Just Passin' By
09-24-2009, 03:59 PM
You guys don't even know how to properly criticize me.

Given the recent Whitlock columns, I'm assuming this line is a joke.

jwhit
09-24-2009, 04:00 PM
This whole inference that I was buddy buddy with Herm Edwards is an absolute joke. You only say that because Herm and I share the same skin color. I've spent far more time with and far more time talking to Scott Pioli than I ever did with Herm Edwards. I never once in three years spoke a word to Herm Edwards outside of Arrowhead Stadium. Never. I ripped the guy repeatedly in print, killed him for Dick Curl and all sorts of stuff. Trying sticking to some facts.

dirk digler
09-24-2009, 04:01 PM
So tell us specifics on what you know about Pioli that we don't know since you have spent alot of time with him.

kstater
09-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Pioli came to Kansas City and quickly unveiled the biggest ego in professional sports, earning him the nickname Scott Egoli.

This makes it sound as if someone other than Whitless uses the nickname.

jwhit
09-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Dirk, if you read my columns over time and go back and read what I've actually already written, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Warrior5
This whole inference that I was buddy buddy with Herm Edwards is an absolute joke. You only say that because Herm and I share the same skin color. I've spent far more time with and far more time talking to Scott Pioli than I ever did with Herm Edwards. I never once in three years spoke a word to Herm Edwards outside of Arrowhead Stadium. Never. I ripped the guy repeatedly in print, killed him for Dick Curl and all sorts of stuff. Trying sticking to some facts.

There it is Bad Guy... you're a racist.

kstater

I'm thinking a mod has taken over an inactive account.

Raised On Riots
09-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Should have pimped for Eric DeCosta of the Ravens.

This.

morphius
09-24-2009, 04:03 PM

LOL! A lot of us KC fans feel that way, we get excited and our hopes dashed. That's why you see so many of us just taking a wait and see with the new regime. I think anyone who didn't expect big ego's from Pioli and Haley just wasn't paying attention. Has anyone, and I mean ANYONE come out of NE that didn't at least try and act like the biggest man on the playground? And Haley's yelling matches are already a thing of legend. But hey, what do I know, I'm just a lowly unconnected fan.

But drop the nickname, come up with a better one, 'cause that one is horrible!

morphius
09-24-2009, 04:04 PM
I think he means that we need to have a nickname for him.

Just Passin' By
09-24-2009, 04:04 PM
Dirk, if you read my columns over time and go back and read what I've actually already written, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Actually, the Whitlock columns haven't done even a passable job of proving what is being claimed.

dirk digler
09-24-2009, 04:05 PM

All I ever read is that he has a big ego and that he shut off the media. Exactly what they did in NE. BTW I appreciate you sticking around.

Raised On Riots
09-24-2009, 04:06 PM

What are these alleged "bad things" you have learned?

Just Passin' By
09-24-2009, 04:07 PM
I'm thinking a mod has taken over an inactive account.

I think he means that we need to have a nickname for him.

It's got to be something. The recent Whitlock columns have been poorly written, have used essentially nothing to support the assertions made within them, and have seemed to demonstrate an appalling lack of insight and effort.

The Bad Guy
09-24-2009, 04:08 PM

He'll come out with them once the Chiefs start winning (whenever the hell that is) to burst some bubbles.

That's his MO.

Marcellus
09-24-2009, 04:08 PM

He had dinner with Pioli and Haley and Pioli talked over Haley the whole time.

He learned don't go to dinner with Pioli. He dominates all conversation.

Raptor
09-24-2009, 04:09 PM
All I ever read is that he has a big ego and that he shut off the media. Exactly what they did in NE. BTW I appreciate you sticking around.

Ditto on both statements. Takes some nads to stand up to the heat. It'd be cool if the name calling and ragging stopped so we can get to the specific issues.

Just Passin' By

Pioli used his salad fork for an entire meal and told the waiter that he could do that because he's Scott ******* Pioli.

dirk digler
Just give us a couple of specifics please.

Raised On Riots
He'll come out with them once the Chiefs start winning (whenever the hell that is) to burst some bubbles.

That's his MO.

"Premium Content" strikes again! :cuss:

kstater
09-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Pioli used his salad fork for an entire meal and told the waiter that he could do that because he's Scott ******* Pioli.LMAO

jwhit
09-24-2009, 04:10 PM
So tell us specifics on what you know about Pioli that we don't know since you have spent alot of time with him.

I get paid to write this stuff in the newspaper. Stick with me.

The three-hour dinner at Garozzos took place months ago. I sat on it because I was trying to figure out if I caught this dude on a bad night or if this is who he was. I was not the only person there and I was not the only person blown away by Pioli's ego. The dinner made me do some homework, some more digging.

If you can be remotely objective about my work, you know I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, no problem praising people I don't personally like and I don't choose my favorites based on skin color.

I really liked Pioli at the outset. We talked quite a bit long before he was ever hired by the Chiefs. But you don't really know a person when they live in Boston.

I gotta bounce. And, yes, I steal most of my columns from Chiefs Planet. I'm incapable of coming up with my own ideas. I'm an idiot.

booger
09-24-2009, 04:11 PM
during the team introduction/red coaters dinner thing...........they brought out the players and Haley and Pioli both talked. Pioli said some kid was teasing his daughter at school after Haley said his kids hadn't had trouble. This is about 5 or 6 year olds. This bully is somehow connected to Jason W. Squash it and take the kids to chuckie cheese.

kstater
09-24-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm an idiot.

At least you're honest with yourself.

Raised On Riots
09-24-2009, 04:12 PM

The three-hour dinner at Garozzos took place months ago. I sat on it because I was trying to figure out if I caught this dude on a bad night or if this is who he was. I was not the only person there and I was not the only person blown away by Pioli's ego. The dinner made me do some homework, some more digging.

If you can be remotely objective about my work, you know I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, no problem praising people I don't personally like and I don't choose my favorites based on skin color.

I really liked Pioli at the outset. We talked quite a bit long before he was ever hired by the Chiefs. But you don't really know a person when they live in Boston.

I gotta bounce. And, yes, I steal most of my columns from Chiefs Planet. I'm incapable of coming up with my own ideas. I'm an idiot.

ROFL Well alrighty then...

The Bad Guy
09-24-2009, 04:14 PM
What's truly hilarious is the comment about how he talked to Pioli a lot before coming to KC, but didn't know him much, but a 3-hour dinner told him all he needed to know.

What fucking hypocricy.

Maybe Pioli can apologize to your boyfriend Brian Waters so you guys can be friends again.

Raptor
ROFL Well alrighty then...

Too funny!!!!!!:LOL:

booger
it's about the time you held up the drew bledsoe is gay sign up in boston isn't it.

morphius
09-24-2009, 04:15 PM

It is, "I'am and idiot", get it right ;D

dirk digler
09-24-2009, 04:15 PM

Alright Jason thanks for taking the time. I will keep an open mind in regards to your articles but IMO you need to be alot more specific in your criticism besides someone with a huge ego. I am sure most NFL GM's and head coaches have huge ego's and never want to be wrong about anything so to us educated Chief fans that is really not a surprise.

I was a huge Pioli supporter like you were and I don't want the guy to be an incompetent idiot like King Carl and Herm.

Just Passin' By
09-24-2009, 04:17 PM
If that really was him, sheesh!

keg in kc
09-24-2009, 04:24 PM
If that really was him, sheesh!Believe it is, he's shown up before.

Raptor
09-24-2009, 04:27 PM
He didn't really tell us anything more than we already know, but at least he had the balls to face a hostile crowd. You've got to give that to him.

Saccopoo
09-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Believe it is, he's shown up before.

Four posts in an hour for jwhit. Who the hell does he think he is? RaisedOnRiots?

morphius
09-24-2009, 04:29 PM
He didn't really tell us anything more than we already know, but at least he had the balls to face a hostile crowd. You've got to give that to him.
Well, he did mention that it really was just the 3 of them for dinner, so that was something.

Count Zarth
09-24-2009, 04:31 PM
It's amazing that people think Croyle had a good preseason.

He had one good game, one average game and one pathetic game.

Saccopoo
09-24-2009, 04:31 PM
Besides, he still didn't give up anything that would even remotely give his assertions any credence. I've read his columns in the Star. Other than the dinner, which is total weaksauce, I haven't read anything that would give me any hints to Scott Pioli being the reincarnation of Mussolini. And hell, at least Mussolini had the trains running on time. If Haley and Pioli can turn this pile of dog shit into a winner, he's got all the latitude in the world to be a meglomaniac as far as I'm concerned.

orange
09-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Well, he did mention that it really was just the 3 of them for dinner, so that was something.

I think you got that backwards.

Count Zarth
09-24-2009, 04:35 PM
I gotta bounce.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/17/KCMO_BBQ_2.jpg

Just Passin' By
09-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Besides, he still didn't give up anything that would even remotely give his assertions any credence. I've read his columns in the Star. Other than the dinner, which is total weaksauce, I haven't read anything that would give me any hints to Scott Pioli being the reincarnation of Mussolini. And hell, at least Mussolini had the trains running on time. If Haley and Pioli can turn this pile of dog shit into a winner, he's got all the latitude in the world to be a meglomaniac as far as I'm concerned.

Well, Haley and Pioli didn't perform fellatio on Waters when he showed up unannounced either, so there's that war crime, too.

booger
09-24-2009, 04:36 PM
i heard while at that dinner they both got up to use the john at the same time. They were side by side in front of the urinals when Pioli let out a monstorous growler. JW said aw man that's gross. Pioli pissed on his shoe and told him to quit being such a sissy.

the Talking Can
09-24-2009, 04:38 PM

this

i'm even more embarrassed for whitlock after reading these posts

all he has ever said is "pioli is an asshole because i say so"

besides the fact that it doesn't matter - whitlock's childish opinion of pioli is relevant to absolutely nothing (except to the usual miserable chiefs fans who have already made up their minds) - we still don't have a single piece of evidence to verify the claim, which is in reality a simple grudge-carrying for brian waters....

Saccopoo
09-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Well, Haley and Pioli didn't perform fellatio on Waters when he showed up unannounced either, so there's that war crime, too.

As long as they leave the Jews alone, Haley and Pioli got a free pass. Nothing wrong with a little over-the-top fascism to get the ball rolling in the right direction. Put that jack boot right upside the keester of those lazy dogs and get this team pointed in the right direction. We can work on democracy once the infrastructure is built.

Just Passin' By
09-24-2009, 04:43 PM
this

i'm even more embarrassed for whitlock after reading these posts

all he has ever said is "pioli is an asshole because i say so"

besides the fact that it doesn't matter - whitlock's childish opinion of pioli is relevant to absolutely nothing (except to the usual miserable chiefs fans who have already made up their minds) - we still don't have a single piece of evidence to verify the claim, which is in reality a simple grudge-carrying for brian waters....

You must have missed the key line:

The dinner made me do some homework, some more digging.

Really, does he need to say more? It's pretty clear that Pioli, that bastard, buried Whitlock's BBQ and gave him a treasure map to find it.

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 04:45 PM

Wow.

On the one hand, if the last paragraph is true, Haley needs to get a fucking hold on himself. That kind of shit CANNOT happen.

That being said, I sincerely HOPE the 2nd paragraph is true. Cassel didn't read the defense well, and there were times where he didn't even bother with his progressions.

I'm fully on-board with Cassel being the QB. I'm even excited about it, if that's possible. That being said, he's NOT a rookie and I don't expect him to play like one. If I wanted to watch a QB play scared and dump it off all the time, I'd be campaigning for Brodie Croyle to start.

kstater
09-24-2009, 04:46 PM
twe still don't have a single piece of evidence to verify the claim, which is in reality a simple grudge-carrying for brian waters....

Not to mention that the claim of having an Ego has no relevance to building a football team. And, I would expect someone who had a big role in multiple Super Bowls to have an ego.

BigRock
09-24-2009, 04:48 PM
I've spent far more time with and far more time talking to Scott Pioli than I ever did with Herm Edwards.

I really liked Pioli at the outset. We talked quite a bit long before he was ever hired by the Chiefs

Given that Pioli is a megalomaniac who thinks the media are worthless scum that keep him from doing his job, it's kinda surprising how much interaction you've had with him.

One can only assume that these encounters resemble Pioli acting like a rich American walking through the streets of Panama, throwing coins at the feet of the dirty street children who grab his leg as they try to touch his cashmere sweater.

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 04:49 PM

You guys need to layoff.

Look how willing Jason is to admit that his ideas are pretty stupid..

:D

L.A. Chieffan
09-24-2009, 04:52 PM
And, yes, I steal most of my columns from Chiefs Planet. I'm incapable of coming up with my own ideas. I'm an idiot.

I knew it!! We demand royalties!!

LaChapelle
09-24-2009, 04:52 PM
$60 million for a QB ain't all that. What'd Eli get 95?

CoMoChief
09-24-2009, 04:55 PM
FUCK TONY KORNHOLER!!!!!

He just said he hates KC Wolf on PTI. He called him a "poser" comparing him to other mascots.

Dear Tony K,

KC Wolf is in the HOF of Mascots.

Fuckcerely yours,
Chiefsplanet

kstater
09-24-2009, 04:59 PM
FUCK TONY KORNHOLER!!!!!

He just said he hates KC Wolf on PTI. He called him a "poser" comparing him to other mascots.

Dear Tony K,

Fuckcerely yours,
Chiefsplanet

Smed?

wild1
09-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Jason, I enjoy your work, but you're coming off as a real whiner lately. Just take it easy for a bit.

Or if you'd rather, explain why Pioli is such a bad guy.

Saccopoo
09-24-2009, 05:03 PM
**** TONY KORNHOLER!!!!!

Dear Tony K,

****cerely yours,
Chiefsplanet

Fuck you Whitlock! See what you've done?! Now Kornholer is against us! It's a liberal sports media conspiracy and you were the instigator Whitlock! I mean, the fucking Wolf?! Why?! Why?! I hope you're happy now asshole.

WilliamTheIrish
09-24-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 View Post

I can see Haley chewing the shit out of any player on the team. And I can especially see Haley ripping into a QB who threw two key picks and a crossing pattern that cost his team three points before halftime. I expect that from a HC.

I can also see Maas tailoring yarns out of whole cloth to help embellish his theory.

Raised On Riots
09-24-2009, 05:08 PM
Bring back the horse and Injun.

BigChiefFan
09-24-2009, 05:10 PM
$60 million for a QB ain't all that. What'd Eli get 95?Agreed. It's also $28 million guaranteed-the EXACT same ,as if we would have franchised him for two years in a row, except we spread that same guaranteed money over six years instead of two years and some still can't see it or appreciate it.

orange
09-24-2009, 05:13 PM
Agreed. It's also $28 million guaranteed-the EXACT same ,as if we would have franchised him for two years in a row, except we spread that same guaranteed money over six years instead of two years and some still can't see it or appreciate it.

The difference is if he sucks in 2009, you don't have to franchise him in 2010. You just take your extra $14 million and shop for someone who doesn't suck.

Just Passin' By
09-24-2009, 05:15 PM
This week's teachable moment is a warning to members of the national football media: I'm respectfully asking that writers and broadcasters do not visit Kansas City with the intention of carrying Scott Pioli's water.

Ok, this is a weak start, but it's not really any sort of "WTF?" beginning. It's just a bad opening that would have been reworked by anyone who was taking pride in their professional writing.

My reaction to any homer-ish, out-of-context Pioli water-carrying will not be respectful. Pioli came to Kansas City and quickly unveiled the biggest ego in professional sports, earning him the nickname Scott Egoli. He absolutely doesn't need Peter King, Adam Schefter, Mike Florio or anyone else rationalizing the roster he put together.

So because he believes that Pioli has a big ego, Whitlock feels justified in being disrespectful towards those who disagree with him. He also feels that he is the person who determines when nicknames are earned.

I'm confused here. Is it Pioli or Whitlock who's supposed to have the out of control ego?

It is no secret around the league that Egoli believes he is equal to or superior to Bill Belichick in football intellect. I'm anxious to see him prove it. I campaigned for the Chiefs to hire Egoli. I'd like for him to be successful. But there's no reason for us to prop him up.

Ok, I haven't heard that Pioli thinks he's Belichick's superior in football intellect. For the sake of argument, I'm willing to believe that he does. I'm not sure why that would mean people shouldn't 'prop up' a man who's taking on complete control for the first time, especially if you're supposedly hoping the man will be successful. I've worked for bosses who were complete assholes. I still made damned sure to prop them up at every possible turn, as long as they were competent.

So let's kill the little notes about the Chiefs releasing 30 players (five off injured reserve and five off the practice squad) since Pioli's arrival and only three or four of them landing on an opponent's roster. Do you think Bill Parcells didn't release some players off the 1-15 Dolphins team he inherited?

Just because something's been done before, we should stop pointing it out? That's a pretty pathetic argument, to put it kindly. Also, he didn't bother to inform the reader about how many of those players released by Parcells ended up on other rosters so that we could compare.

By the end of the 2008 season, I believe there were fewer than 30 Dolphins left from the 2007 roster.

"I believe"? WTF, was he too damned lazy to even Google the facts? I realize that he's quite a bit overweight, and that prolonged periods of exercise may be problematic as a result, but we're talking about using a keyboard here.

Parcells also acquired a veteran quarterback, Chad Pennington, and gave him a two-year deal worth around $9 million. Meanwhile, Egoli acquired Matt Cassel, giving the career backup a $60 million contract.

Pennington was cut at the last minute, wanted to start, and was willing to work for $9 million. Is Whitlock's argument that Pioli should have just waited until the exhibition games to see if Favre came back and bounced another QB out of a job? If not, his argument here is just ****ing stupid.

We're not throwing any pity parties in Kansas City. If you acquire information by providing back massages to ego-bloated general managers, I'm politely asking you to find another city. I like and respect the overwhelming majority of the men and women covering the NFL -- particularly King, Schefter and Florio -- but I can't tolerate anyone interfering with how I run my corners in Kansas City.

And another ego insertion for the man crying about Pioli's ego. I think the bolded part probably speaks to the real issue, and that's simply that Tubby BBQ can't get the access his eqo tells him he deserves. Pioli may be a world class prick for all I know, but I doubt an article as shoddy as this would have gotten written if Whitlock didn't have a bucket of sand stuck in his vagina.

Raised On Riots
09-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Jesus fucking Christ; JPB is like the fucking Swiss Guard when it comes to defending the honor and good name of Scott Motherfuck Pioli.

Just Passin' By
09-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Jesus ****ing Christ; JPB is like the ****ing Swiss Guard when it comes to defending the honor and good name of Scott Mother**** Pioli.

Learn to read. I wasn't defending Pioli.

Raised On Riots
09-24-2009, 05:23 PM
Learn to read. I wasn't defending Pioli.

I try not to; you give me a fucking headache.

Just Passin' By
09-24-2009, 05:24 PM
I try not to; you give me a ****ing headache.

No, that's just you trying to think. It's overtaxing your 3 brain cells.

dirk digler
09-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Agreed. It's also $28 million guaranteed-the EXACT same ,as if we would have franchised him for two years in a row, except we spread that same guaranteed money over six years instead of two years and some still can't see it or appreciate it.

Yep. They basically signed him to a 2 year deal. BFD

Raised On Riots
09-24-2009, 05:28 PM
No, that's just you trying to think. It's overtaxing your 3 brain cells.

Whatever, Mabel.

orange
09-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Ok, I haven't heard that Pioli thinks he's Belichick's superior in football intellect. For the sake of argument, I'm willing to believe that he does. I'm not sure why that would mean people shouldn't 'prop up' a man who's taking on complete control for the first time, especially if you're supposedly hoping the man will be successful. I've worked for bosses who were complete assholes. I still made damned sure to prop them up at every possible turn, as long as they were competent.

I think I see where you've gone wrong.

Whitlock DOESN'T work for Pioli.

Presumably, neither do Peter King, Adam Schefter, or Mike Florio.

Mecca
09-24-2009, 05:34 PM
$60 million for a QB ain't all that. What'd Eli get 95?

Eli is a hell alot more proven though...

orange
09-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Eli is a hell alot more proven though...

http://www.nflgoddess.com/images/2008_nyg_eli_manning.jpg

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 05:41 PM
The difference is if he sucks in 2009, you don't have to franchise him in 2010. You just take your extra $14 million and shop for someone who doesn't suck.

If next year is uncapped, we can cut him the 1st week of March and be out nothing.

Just Passin' By
09-24-2009, 05:42 PM
I think I see where you've gone wrong.

Whitlock DOESN'T work for Pioli.

Presumably, neither do Peter King, Adam Schefter, or Mike Florio.

That really wasn't the thrust of the response there, though. He claims that he wants the man to be successful, but he doesn't want to 'prop' him up. That's the issue I was referring to at that point. The "boss" thing was merely an example.

Raised On Riots
09-24-2009, 05:43 PM
If next year is uncapped, we can cut him the 1st week of March and be out nothing.

But who do you replace him with? No, not those three; give me a USEABLE NFL QB, please.

orange
09-24-2009, 05:43 PM

Out nothing in cap room, perhaps. They still have to pay the money, don't they? That's my understanding of guaranteed contracts.

Does this current regime have the look of one that will swallow a $14 million loss and bring in a new QB?

CosmicPal
09-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Shitlock didn't get into journalism because he wanted to be a writer who loved sports, he got into journalism because he's a bigot in search of an audience.

And by being in the press thus enriched his opportunity to spew his hatred and ignorance as he saw fit- for it's okay for an African-American to write about hate even if it's not entertaining. And the sad thing is, the editors don't care as long as it sells papers.

But, I do care- I'm sick of his childish clashing with other egos. I'm sick of his ignorant babbling. When I pick up the paper and pull out the Sports section, I want to read about sports. I don't want to read a writer's conflict with another business owner. If I wanted to read that sh*t, I would've picked up USA Today.

Shitlock, if you're reading this- please- GO F*CK YOURSELF!

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Out nothing in cap room, perhaps. They still have to pay the money, don't they? That's my understanding of guaranteed contracts.

Does this current regime have the look of one that will swallow a $14 million loss and bring in a new QB?

I think Clark wants to win. Cutting Cassel in the uncapped year will cost HIM $14M more than if they had kept him under the tag, because Caseel is due $28M in guarantees.

There's no implication to the TEAM, however, because there won't be a cap.

All of this talk is ridculous anyway.

Clark saw first-hand what Trent Green did his first year. There's zero chance they were going to let him "try out" under the franchise tag, because there's a better than good chance JUST LIKE GREEN that this season is not at all indicative of how good Cassel is.

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 06:01 PM
But who do you replace him with? No, not those three; give me a USEABLE NFL QB, please.

I don't know. I'm currently suffering from diarrhea of the keyboard and hadn't thought that far ahead. Like I said in my response to orange, it's really pretty useless to discuss.

The minute they traded for him, he was going to be their guy come hell or high water. It took me a long, long absence from this place to see it, but I definitely see it now.

Tylerthigpen!1!
09-24-2009, 06:20 PM
he writes about the same shit over and over

Easy 6
09-24-2009, 06:26 PM

Okay, your the paid pro whos had access, you havent liked Scotts personality & are making it known...you gotta write about something.

But why should that make me worry about this team? How will his impersonal style adversely affect it? Its going to take a strong Egoli to wipe off the dirt on this team.

You never said why you ran with what Maas said about a 'brewing QB situation'...what made you, why would you repeat it?...does that guy have the real goods, or simply pulling it from his crack? a QB 'situation' & potential GM/HC rift seems quite ludicrous at this point.

But caring enough to stop by & defend yourself, is certainly appreciated.

Molitoth
09-24-2009, 06:29 PM
It seems the more stupid the Whitlock article, the more publicity he gets.

I think he's got a plan here...

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2009, 06:33 PM

And what did you find? Who else was there? Surely, I wouldn't think that it would be damaging to your or your fellow dinner guests if you were to disclose what happened at Garozzos in greater detail, perhaps with some specific examples of the out of control ego that you claim he has. I mean, let's be honest, it's not like you're Bob Woodward protecting the identity of Mark Few here.

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2009, 06:48 PM

First off, it's "I'm and Idiot". Stick with the program. :p

Second, "TrInt" and "Sackintosh" were most definitely coined at the 'Planet.

Third, it would be nice if you showed up around here more often because I'm tired of defending your journalistic integrity to people that believe otherwise.

dirk digler
09-24-2009, 06:56 PM

LMAO So what is the big deal again?

Mecca
09-24-2009, 06:57 PM
LMAO So what is the big deal again?

Well he was the choice over another unnamed QB so that would be the big deal.

dirk digler
09-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Well he was the choice over another unnamed QB so that would be the big deal.

Who is the unnamed QB you speak of? Have you forgotten that Tebow is available next year?

Raised On Riots
09-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Well he was the choice over Mark Motherfucking Sanchez so that would be the big deal.

We aren't sparing feelings on this matter anymore.

BigChiefFan
09-24-2009, 07:10 PM
Yea, we know, we could have drafted him and his 217 yards per game.

boogblaster
09-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Whitlock is a waste of oxygen ....

Raised On Riots
09-24-2009, 07:13 PM

Actually, it's at 220.5 presently.:D

ChiefsCountry
09-24-2009, 07:15 PM

Troy Aikman never threw more than 20 touchdowns in a season, damn couldnt want him now either.

BigChiefFan
09-24-2009, 07:16 PM
Actually, it's at 220.5 presently.:D

Season StatsQuarterback - Mark Sanchez New York
Passing Yds 435
Avg Yds per game-217.5(sound familiar)

ChiefsCountry
09-24-2009, 07:17 PM
I mean, let's be honest, it's not like you're Bob Woodward protecting the identity of Mark Few here.

I think you mean Mark Felt not Gonzaga's hoops coach. :D

BigChiefFan
09-24-2009, 07:18 PM
Troy Aikman never threw more than 20 touchdowns in a season, damn couldnt want him now either.

I get it. Sanchez was a good prospect and we passed on drafting him. I've moved on.

Mecca
09-24-2009, 07:34 PM
You're trying to use fantasy football to make an argument..

Troy Aikman was a shit QB for big stats, did he suck?

Raised On Riots
09-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Season StatsQuarterback - Mark Sanchez New York
Passing Yds 435
Avg Yds per game-217.5(sound familiar)

Yep, you're right.

GoHuge
09-24-2009, 07:41 PM
Can't everyone here overload the fat bastard's email similar to how we neg rep moron posters here? This guy boarded the dipshit train and shows no signs of wanting to get off.

Raised On Riots
09-24-2009, 07:42 PM
I get it. Sanchez was a good prospect and we passed on drafting him. I've moved on.

Fair enough. I'll move on when Cassel proves he's the better man. Until then, not so much.

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Fair enough. I'll move on when Cassel proves he's the better man. Until then, not so much.

Um, that doesn't make much sense, since Cassel proving or not proving "he's the better man" won't change that he's with the Chiefs and Sanchez is with the Jets.

Tribal Warfare
09-24-2009, 07:55 PM
Clark saw first-hand what Trent Green did his first year. There's zero chance they were going to let him "try out" under the franchise tag, because there's a better than good chance JUST LIKE GREEN that this season is not at all indicative of how good Cassel is.

Different situations, Green knew the offense front to back, and the whole unit was trying to get to his speed ( wrong routes run ect..)

Now with Cassel He's suppose to be an established product and a hired gun, thus their shouldn't be mental mistakes and bonehead decisions. The guy is paid to be an all-world badass, and I'll point out again that he's 27 years old is 3 to 4 year window of leeway are over. He's paid to be an all-pro, but he's not performing like one.

Mecca
09-24-2009, 07:57 PM
Um, that doesn't make much sense, since Cassel proving or not proving "he's the better man" won't change that he's with the Chiefs and Sanchez is with the Jets.

That part doesn't change but it would likely lead to alot of not so nice names being hurled at Pioli.

Jerm
09-24-2009, 08:15 PM

Uh Cassel went 11-5 last year...he doesn't have shit to prove to Mark Sanchez, that's laughable.

Let's just go ahead and induct Sanchez into the HOF right now...he's played TWO fucking games, let's get a grip.

Sick of hearing about that fucking guy.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Uh Cassel went 11-5 last year...he doesn't have shit to prove to Mark Sanchez, that's laughable.

Let's just go ahead and induct Sanchez into the HOF right now...he's played TWO fucking games, let's get a grip.

Posted via Mobile Device

This is really ridiculous.

Raised On Riots
09-24-2009, 08:31 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Uh yeah, I could really fucking care less.

Raised On Riots
09-24-2009, 08:32 PM

What Mecca said + give me a fucking break.

Molitoth
09-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Sanchez might have sucked total ass in his first 2 games with the chiefs.
Cassel might have looked like a HOF'er with his first 2 games with the jets.

Tribal Warfare
09-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Sanchez might have sucked total ass in his first 2 games with the chiefs.
Cassel might have looked like a HOF'er with his first 2 games with the jets.

Well I "might" win the lottery, but it's not really relevant to this conversation.

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 09:06 PM
That part doesn't change but it would likely lead to alot of not so nice names being hurled at Pioli.

So? I'm sure it's going to bother him.

The point stands.

Why would he wait to move on until Cassel proves he's the better man, since Sanchez will NEVER be the Chiefs QB?

Unless it's just pettiness, plain and simple.

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 09:06 PM
What Mecca said + give me a ****ing break.

See my previous post. As far as giving you a break, spare me dude. Look at yourself.

Mecca
09-24-2009, 09:07 PM
So? I'm sure it's going to bother him.

The point stands.

Why would he wait to move on until Cassel proves he's the better man, since Sanchez will NEVER be the Chiefs QB?

Unless it's just pettiness, plain and simple.

Well you see there was alot of "Pioli know's what he's doing" and "Cassel is better" etc etc so the people that wanted Sanchez took a ton of heat for wanting him instead.

Not everyone is just going to let that go.

The Bad Guy
09-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Well you see there was alot of "Pioli know's what he's doing" and "Cassel is better" etc etc so the people that wanted Sanchez took a ton of heat for wanting him instead.

And not everyone is going to have direct immediate answers as to who is better no matter how much the pro-Sanchez crowd wants to declare the winner.

Mecca
09-24-2009, 09:10 PM
I rarely even talk about Sanchez anymore so I would hope that isn't directed at me. The people that didn't want him bring him up more than the people that did. That somehow any critique of Cassel is somehow tied to Sanchez in an obscure way.

We are where we are, the simple point is if he was wrong, we're fucked.

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Different situations, Green knew the offense front to back, and the whole unit was trying to get to his speed ( wrong routes run ect..)

Now with Cassel He's suppose to be an established product and a hired gun, thus their shouldn't be mental mistakes and bonehead decisions. The guy is paid to be an all-world badass, and I'll point out again that he's 27 years old is 3 to 4 year window of leeway are over. He's paid to be an all-pro, but he's not performing like one.

I don't think you understood my point.

Once they traded for Cassel, there was NO CHANCE of him playing under the franchise tag. Alot of people here, myself included, thought it would be wise to have him "try out" for a year before giving him a long-term contract.

And I now realize that was never going to happen. Clark Hunt was here. He saw Trent Green play. And he saw what happened - he saw that Green's play in his 1st season here was a complete anomaly when compared to the rest of his tenure here. For right or wrong, Clark wasn't going to give Cassel a 1-year "try out" because Green's performance was living proof that a 1-year "tryout" isn't going to tell you a damn thing about how a guy will play long-term.

*I* don't necessarily disagree with you.

Mecca
09-24-2009, 09:12 PM
He wasn't going to play on a 1 year try out anyway because dealing for him not drafting a QB then letting him walk the next year would be viewed as completely idiotic.

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 09:12 PM

Then you're admitting that it IS petty. It's not about the team, it's about being right or being wrong.

And don't act like the people that wanted Sanchez "took the heat". We dished out plenty of it too.

By the way, I DO think Pioli knows what he's doing. I also think he's human and humans make mistakes.

The Bad Guy
09-24-2009, 09:13 PM
I rarely even talk about Sanchez anymore so I would hope that isn't directed at me. The people that didn't want him bring him up more than the people that did. That somehow any critique of Cassel is somehow tied to Sanchez in an obscure way.

We are where we are, the simple point is if he was wrong, we're ****ed.

No, it's not a simple point. There is actually a chance, whether some of you want to believe it or not, that both could be pretty good quarterbacks. It's not black vs. white like most think.

Easy 6
09-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Suck Fanchez. PERIOD.

He's a Jet, get over it.

Mecca
09-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Then you're admitting that it IS petty. It's not about the team, it's about being right or being wrong.

And don't act like the people that wanted Sanchez "took the heat". We dished out plenty of it too.

By the way, I DO think Pioli knows what he's doing. I also think he's human and humans make mistakes.

People are absolutely petty about things. I was 3 in 83 and there was no net, do you not think for a second if a section of a forum had called for Marino been told they were retarded and not on board then things played out the way they did...there wouldn't have been some pettiness leveled by those people?

GoHuge
09-24-2009, 09:21 PM
I sent Whitlock a message just a little bit ago telling him I use to enjoy his work from time to time, but this entire kick he's on has made him look utterly ridiculous to put it lightly. Told him I just can't even stand to read his column anymore and won't ever again. Like fifteen minutes later he sends me back an email saying "gonna miss, God Bless, Jason." I didn't think he'd offer any type of defense and quite frankly was surprised he even responded. I guess as long as he's famous he doesn't really care what the masses think, which I should have expected. He just confirmed my thoughts that he's a sellout.

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 09:22 PM
People are absolutely petty about things. I was 3 in 83 and there was no net, do you not think for a second if a section of a forum had called for Marino been told they were retarded and not on board then things played out the way they did...there wouldn't have been some pettiness leveled by those people?

Of course people are petty about things.

However, as Dane has said multiple times, it's over. It's time to move on. Even if there's people out there that NEVER let it go, ignore them.

I mean honestly, did it hurt you to have those people call you "retarded"? Have you lost confidence in your football knowledge because of it?

Of course not. If anything, you should be more secure in your knowledge than ever. Why not enjoy it?

Mecca
09-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Of course people are petty about things.

However, as Dane has said multiple times, it's over. It's time to move on. Even if there's people out there that NEVER let it go, ignore them.

I mean honestly, did it hurt you to have those people call you "retarded"? Have you lost confidence in your football knowledge because of it?

Of course not. If anything, you should be more secure in your knowledge than ever. Why not enjoy it?

It doesn't bother me, I laugh when I get called stupid when I think I'm right way more than I'm wrong.

And i have moved on I rarely if ever talk about Sanchez the people who didn't want him still bring him up to the people that did regardless.

I could say "wow poor decision by Cassel" and I'd get something like "Fuck Mark Sanchez" how's that make any god damn sense?

htismaqe
09-24-2009, 09:28 PM
It doesn't bother me, I laugh when I get called stupid when I think I'm right way more than I'm wrong.

And i have moved on I rarely if ever talk about Sanchez the people who didn't want him still bring him up to the people that did regardless.

I could say "wow poor decision by Cassel" and I'd get something like "**** Mark Sanchez" how's that make any god damn sense?

Just remember that every time you remind people that you didn't want Cassel, you're asking them to bring up Sanchez.

It's all good man. I'm just trying to keep things even-keeled - no sense in fighting all the time.

keg in kc
09-24-2009, 09:29 PM
It doesn't bother me, I laugh when I get called stupid when I think I'm right way more than I'm wrong.Why does 'right' or 'wrong' even matter? It's all guesswork on all our parts.

Raised On Riots
09-24-2009, 09:35 PM

Okay then, let me put this a different way:

If QB candidate X, who is currently playing in the NCAA, and who is IN FACT "not a Chief" becomes available to Kansas City after Cassel shows nothing but mediocrity or completely shits the bed for two years, I would hope to Hell that our Illustrious Leader has a little bit more fucking foresight than he did IN HIS LAST QB TRANSACTION.

Or, if he does not, but Haley does, I hope Haley drags him by his fat ears up and down the business offices of OAD until Pioli gets the fucking message!

I'm good with either option.

FAX
09-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Dang. This is sad.

It is possible that poor Whittles' is suffering some form of breakdown. We may well be witnessing the beginning of the end. Of course, it's true that a lot of writers have begun their careers with great promise only to end them in the ward of a psychiatric hospital. And, although I would be pleased to see Whittles properly diagnosed and treated, my only regret is that most respected mental health institutions no longer integrate massive testicular shock into their therapy programs.

FAX

Count Zarth
09-24-2009, 09:46 PM
Dang. This is sad.

It is possible that poor Whittles' is suffering some form of breakdown. We may well be witnessing the beginning of the end. Of course, it's true that a lot of writers have begun their careers with great promise only to end them in the ward of a psychiatric hospital. And, although I would be pleased to see Whittles properly diagnosed and treated, my only regret is that most respected mental health institutions no longer integrate massive testicular shock into their therapy programs.

FAX

Please. Whitlock is giggling constantly over this stuff.

He probably has a permanent smile these days.

http://thebovinecomedy.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/jasonwhitlockissmoothwiththeladies.jpg

Saccopoo
09-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Just remember that every time you remind people that you didn't want Cassel, you're asking them to bring up Sanchez.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_9_Am7NXTPzc/ShLr2Vj3izI/AAAAAAAAD7E/xVoYxlEfg44/Mark-Sanchez-Hilary-Rhoda-GQ-Carter-Smith-3%5B6%5D.jpg

DeezNutz
09-24-2009, 09:52 PM
Suck Fanchez. PERIOD.

He's a Jet, get over it.

Nope. Never.

The decision was too important not to reflect upon. Hell, we *might* be thankful that we didn't select him.

But these decisions will never NOT be discussed or alluded to by fans.

Raised On Riots
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_9_Am7NXTPzc/ShLr2Vj3izI/AAAAAAAAD7E/xVoYxlEfg44/Mark-Sanchez-Hilary-Rhoda-GQ-Carter-Smith-3%5B6%5D.jpg

LMAO Sacc is down with the program. Repizzle.

Dylan
5. This week's teachable moment is a warning to members of the national football media: I'm respectfully asking that writers and broadcasters do not visit Kansas City with the intention of carrying Scott Pioli's water.

This is so sad. I want to curl up in my bed and sleep forever.

Saccopoo
09-24-2009, 09:53 PM

http://thebovinecomedy.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/jasonwhitlockissmoothwiththeladies.jpg

Look at that jagged ass nail on the one hooker with the giant head. That's definitely a shocker I'd pass on if I was a disease wanting lezi.

Raised On Riots
09-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Nope. Never.

The decision was too important not to reflect upon. Hell, we *might* be thankful that we didn't select him.

LMAO I honestly found that ungodly funny.

Easy 6
09-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Nope. Never.

True, thats what the Planets for...discuss 'til your hearts content, for all of the good it will do.

I honestly find it funny, its no attack...*cue Sanchez in action on the beach*

Saccopoo
09-24-2009, 10:11 PM
True, thats what the Planets for...discuss 'til your hearts content, for all of the good it will do.

I honestly find it funny, its no attack...*cue Sanchez in action on the beach*

http://bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/mark-sanchez-hilary-rhoda-gq.jpg

Easy 6
09-24-2009, 10:11 PM

The asian number looks bored & quite jaded.

Easy 6
09-24-2009, 10:12 PM
http://bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/mark-sanchez-hilary-rhoda-gq.jpg

...ROFLROFLROFL

HemiEd
09-24-2009, 10:30 PM
What a fuggin butt hurt, childish idiot.

Well said, he looks more pathetic with each article.

Piioli needs to buy him an ice cream, and put a quarter in the rocking horse for jwhit.

Count Zarth
09-24-2009, 11:30 PM
this is good

Do not get caught up in the hype that Russell's game-winning drive against the Chiefs is some sort of sign that he's a competent NFL quarterback. He's not.

Never in my life have I seen QB play as bad as I witnessed from Off-The-Marcus Russell. From his demeanor, body language and the way he trotted off the field after every Oakland three-and-out series, Russell looked nothing like an NFL quarterback last week.

Until his game-winning drive, Off-The-Marcus had completed three of 17 passes for 42 yards. He missed countless open receivers. He never once read a defense. Despite being as big as most left tackles, Off-The-Marcus never threatened to tuck the ball and run.

He got lucky at the end of the game. The Chiefs softened their defense and the refs bailed him out with a questionable late-hit call.

T-post Tom
09-25-2009, 12:24 AM
we all know tubby is a drinker of the dick sock. his schtick is never going to change, regardless of who's running arrowhead... unless some playoff wins start happening. then he'll be the biggest homer-suckup-"i told you so" mfer in the midwest.

Raised On Riots
09-25-2009, 12:27 AM
we all know tubby is a drinker of the dick sock. his schtick is never going to change, regardless of who's running arrowhead... unless some playoff wins start happening. then he'll be the biggest homer-suckup-"i told you so" mfer in the midwest.

Bull-fucking shit! I remember his articles from the last time Marty's Chiefs went to the play offs; the piss and vinegar NEVER stops.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2009, 12:29 AM
I think you mean Mark Felt not Gonzaga's hoops coach. :D

Fuck. That's why I took a three hour nap right after that post LMAO

DaneMcCloud
09-25-2009, 12:30 AM

The Asian looks like a fucking tranny.

That's probably why he's flashing the shocker.

Count Zarth
09-25-2009, 02:35 AM
I ripped the guy repeatedly in print, killed him for Dick Curl and all sorts of stuff. Trying sticking to some facts.

Here are the facts, Jason. Here is what you printed last year near the END of Herm's dismal failure.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/story/882946.html

Chiefs are heading in the right direction

Bad news for devout Herm Haters:

In losing 20-19 to San Diego on Sunday, the Kansas City Chiefs played a near-flawless game and gave the strongest testimony to date Herm Edwards might deserve at least one more season to lead the Chiefs.We all need to take a step back and re-evaluate Edwards’ performance. He is not perfect. But he’s been hamstrung by a set of problems not his own making. He’s beginning to dig out from those problems.This was in November!! November! The end was NIGH!

YOU ARE FULL OF IT!