PDA

View Full Version : Football This is CLASS!

KC Dan
09-24-2009, 05:17 PM
I hope that this isn't a repost but oh well, if it is then its a good repost:

"Thamail Morgan took the kickoff and headed up the field.

He was at the 20 ... 30 ... 40

He had been avoiding, dodging or just simply running through tacklers on the way. Football always had come easily for Morgan. This game was no different. By the time he hit midfield, only open space was ahead of him. The two-time Arkansas all-state selection was headed for a touchdown.
40 ... 30 ... 20

He glanced at the clock and saw the final seconds ticking away. He realized his team, Cave City, was on the way to a victory over Yellville-Summit, comfortably ahead, 34-16. He also realized two other things: This wasn't an ordinary game. And he wasn't the same Thamail Morgan. When he reached the 2, he stopped. He took a few steps back and took a knee at the 5-yard line."

http://arkansasvarsity.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=992976

Read the whole article - inspring!

Bane
09-24-2009, 05:19 PM
Nice article,good kid.:clap:

Pestilence
09-24-2009, 05:27 PM
He should have ran around the field with players chasing him like in "John Elway's QB".

Raised On Riots
09-24-2009, 05:59 PM
That was cool.

Claynus
09-24-2009, 06:00 PM
yawn

JD10367
09-24-2009, 06:03 PM
yawn

http://static.open.salon.com/files/douchebag1243519591.jpg

luv
09-24-2009, 06:04 PM
yawn

I think you are the most self-centered person I've ever come across.

Claynus
09-24-2009, 06:05 PM

I'm not impressed by this story. Some kid dies in a car wreck, his high school decides to play, and the opposition decides to take a knee instead of tacking on 7 points at the end.

Wow, what a hero! :rolleyes:

Gross overstatement.

JD10367
09-24-2009, 06:05 PM

Hard to understand how he can't find a good woman, huh. :rolleyes:

JD10367
09-24-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm not impressed by this story. Some kids die in a car wreck, their high school decides to play, and the opposition decides to take a knee instead of tacking on 7 points at the end.

Gross overstatement.

Yeah. I mean, if the kid had instead scored a touchdown, and then danced all over the end zone that woulda been cool. And then maybe he coulda started a 2399-page thread about trying to f**k strange chicks he met online in ordert to bust his way-overripe cherry. That would've been much better than what he did.

Raised On Riots
I'm not impressed by this story. Some kid dies in a car wreck, his high school decides to play, and the opposition decides to take a knee instead of tacking on 7 points at the end.

Gross overstatement.

I haven't seen you do something this pathetic in some time. You need to turn the car around immediately.

SDChiefs
Hard to understand how he can't find a good woman, huh. :rolleyes:

Because he likes the dudes. :whackit:

luv
09-24-2009, 06:09 PM
And it's not so much a story about the kid who died, or necessarily just about Morgan taking a knee. The kid is holding himself accountable for his actions.

CosmicPal
09-24-2009, 06:09 PM
It's only boring to him 'cause it wasn't Darth Maul who did the honorable thing by taking a knee.

JD10367
09-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Because he likes the dudes. :whackit:

Shh, don't point out the 2000-pound elephant in the room! ROFL

Gonzo
09-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Yeah. I mean, if the kid had instead scored a touchdown, and then danced all over the end zone that woulda been cool. And then maybe he coulda started a 2399-page thread about trying to f**k strange chicks he met online in ordert to bust his way-overripe cherry. That would've been much better than what he did.

Pwnage...

I fucking love this n00b...
Posted via Mobile Device

luv
09-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Pwnage...

I fucking love this n00b...
Posted via Mobile Device

No offense to other n00bs, but I don't even think we should embarrass others by putting up a poll this year. JD has it hands down.

JD10367
09-24-2009, 06:13 PM
No offense to other n00bs, but I don't even think we should embarrass others by putting up a poll this year. JD has it hands down.

:rockon:

http://poietes.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/sally-field-oscar-speech.jpg

Molitoth
09-24-2009, 06:16 PM

Gross overstatement.

I know right??? I mean, ya know how many Fantasy Football owners this kid just pissed off?? Like Bryant Westbrook did... and stuff....

ya.

Hog Farmer
09-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Could you imagine him coming to the sideline with coach Haley !

YOU FUCKING MORON!! HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO CROSS THE GOAL LINE! CROSS THE FUCKING GOAL LINE MOTHER FUCKER. OK! YOUR SITTING NEXT WEEK! FUKING MORON!

Raised On Riots
09-24-2009, 06:32 PM
Could you imagine him coming to the sideline with coach Haley !

YOU FUCKING MORON!! HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO CROSS THE GOAL LINE! CROSS THE FUCKING GOAL LINE MOTHER FUCKER. OK! YOUR SITTING NEXT WEEK! FUKING MORON!

LMAO You should contact Haley and offer to let him send the fuckups on this roster to work in the jerkin' room for a day or three; that'll fix 'em!:D

Fat Elvis
09-24-2009, 06:39 PM

It took you this long to figure that out?

Hog Farmer
09-24-2009, 06:42 PM
LMAO You should contact Haley and offer to let him send the fuckups on this roster to work in the jerkin' room for a day or three; that'll fix 'em!:D

Man, you got that right ! Pay them minimumum wage to jack off pigs!

Gonzo
09-24-2009, 07:05 PM

I Second this...
Posted via Mobile Device

Raised On Riots
09-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Uh oh, Kyle DeLexus is gonna' go Tonya Harding on your asses...:D

Rain Man
09-24-2009, 08:22 PM
You know what would make this a great story? You know what would make this a great story? If the guy got kicked off the football team because he put the big pile of brush in the road. And then he made up for it by taking a knee at the five. That kind of happy ending is what makes a great movie.

JD10367
09-24-2009, 08:27 PM
Who names their kid Thamail?

If he likes it when his g/f straps one on and takes him from behind... could you say that he likes it when the chick is in thamail? :rimshot: Thanks, I'll be here all week, try the veal, I hear it's excellent...

DA_T_84
09-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Maybe I am overlooking something, but wouldn't the classy thing have been to fucking kneel it when he caught the kick?

Kinda seems a little silly to fawn praise over this kid for running 98 yards, then going, "Oh, nevermind." The classy gesture would to have been to let the kick roll out for a touchback then kneel the game out.

This kid probably would have run it in without thinking if his teammates hadn't yelled for him to stop. But I guess thats just speculation.

I respect the story altogether, but like, really, wtf. Just kneel it when you catch it. The game is already over.

DA_T_84
09-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Oh, and Claythan, you're a bastard.

CaliforniaChief
09-24-2009, 09:16 PM

Then YOU haven't met Scott Pioli yet./Jason Whitlock

Claynus
09-24-2009, 09:26 PM
Maybe I am overlooking something, but wouldn't the classy thing have been to fucking kneel it when he caught the kick?

Kinda seems a little silly to fawn praise over this kid for running 98 yards, then going, "Oh, nevermind." The classy gesture would to have been to let the kick roll out for a touchback then kneel the game out.

This kid probably would have run it in without thinking if his teammates hadn't yelled for him to stop. But I guess thats just speculation.

I respect the story altogether, but like, really, wtf. Just kneel it when you catch it. The game is already over.

This.

Doing what he did is a form of attention whoring.

Pestilence
09-24-2009, 09:32 PM
This.

Oh the irony.

Raised On Riots
09-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Oh the irony.

ROFL QFT.

Chiefs=Good
09-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Oh the irony.

ROFL

DA_T_84
09-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Oh the irony.
hahaha

JD10367
09-25-2009, 06:06 AM
This.

http://tshirtmaven.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/a812_bm1.gif

He's a kid. He's on a football field. He did what comes naturally to him, and it took a few seconds for him to figure it out. Just because his noble act came late doesn't mean it was not valid.

Hydrae
09-25-2009, 06:34 AM
This.

You will never understand what it means to care about something other than your own little pathetic world. Kinda sad.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-25-2009, 06:36 AM
Maybe I am overlooking something, but wouldn't the classy thing have been to ****ing kneel it when he caught the kick?

That was the first thought that came to my mind.... but then again, I am pretty cynical. My thought was that he merely showed that he could have and then didn't.... so he could have the best of both worlds.

But, that is is coming from sitting at my desk and reading the story...knowing what happened and being 35.

If i am 17 years old, still playing football and returning a kickoff.... I am just not sure that I would think like that.

I think he should be commended, not only for not scoring, but more importantly.... for taking responsibility for his actions that got him suspended and working to be a better person.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-25-2009, 06:37 AM

In other news.... water is indeed wet.

sparkky
09-25-2009, 06:59 AM
nice touch for a young kid these days. hat's off.

there are some who feel their lives are such a disappointment that they cannot recognize the successes and good deeds of others.

Mile High Mania
09-25-2009, 07:04 AM
Maybe I am overlooking something, but wouldn't the classy thing have been to ****ing kneel it when he caught the kick?

Just take it for what it is... it was a nice gesture. The kid didn't immediately stand up and say "now, everyone praise me for this grand gesture". The media decided to run with a nice story. That's it.

And, I don't know why anyone is surprised with Claythan's comment... the guy is a jackass. The guy adds very little value to those around him, he hasn't yet found his purpose in life... so, until he does, he'll continue to pull this BS. Sometimes I pity him, but more often I just roll my eyes.

MOhillbilly
09-25-2009, 07:24 AM
why do you chumps even pay attention to what gc says. you guys make yourselves look just as pathetic giving him the reply he wants.

Mile High Mania
09-25-2009, 08:53 AM
why do you chumps even pay attention to what gc says. you guys make yourselves look just as pathetic giving him the reply he wants.

And, you're replying and paying attention to the chumps that are giving the buttstain on life what he wants... ROFL

wutamess
09-25-2009, 09:05 AM
yawn

This. Story was cool and all but not as good as some of the others. Not really article worthy.

JD10367
09-25-2009, 09:07 AM
This. Story was cool and all but not as good as some of the others. Not really article worthy.

I disagree. Any time someone does something selfless, it's article-worthy. Any time a young person does it, it's even more so, since they get a rap for being even more self-centered and clueless than adults (unfairly-so, IMO, since a lot of adults suck donkey balls...).

big nasty kcnut
09-25-2009, 09:14 AM
It's a good story. Good job
Posted via Mobile Device

DA_T_84
09-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Just take it for what it is... it was a nice gesture. The kid didn't immediately stand up and say "now, everyone praise me for this grand gesture". The media decided to run with a nice story. That's it.

Right, I am not faulting the kid for the story growing legs and walking to the front of Yahoo's website. I acknowledge the fact that he didn't score when he could have. And that is nice. It is also touching to hear is trying to make something of himself after making a big mistake, whatever it was. And it was very sad to hear about the kid dying in the prime of his young life.

My only point is that if you are going to do something nice, do it all the way. It almost reminded me of the guy you hated in college/high school who would cock back his arm to swing on you, then say," just kidding" when he didn't hit you.

But whatever. This kid is troubled, or was, and hopefully he recognizes that good can be had from doing nice things, and he stays on the right track.

wutamess
09-25-2009, 09:54 AM
I disagree. Any time someone does something selfless, it's article-worthy. Any time a young person does it, it's even more so, since they get a rap for being even more self-centered and clueless than adults (unfairly-so, IMO, since a lot of adults suck donkey balls...).

So this kid, instead of running out the clock runs 98 yards to "almost score" but decides at the 2 YL that he shouldn't after his teammates yell at him is story worthy?

I hate the "bad news" news as much as the enxt man, but this is hardly worth an article

MOhillbilly
09-25-2009, 09:55 AM
And, you're replying and paying attention to the chumps that are giving the buttstain on life what he wants... ROFL

who knew you were a retard. now we know.:clap:

DA_T_84
09-25-2009, 09:58 AM
So this kid, instead of running out the clock runs 98 yards to "almost score" but decides at the 2 YL that he shouldn't after his teammates yell at him is story worthy?

I hate the "bad news" news as much as the enxt man, but this is hardly worth an article

Thank you.

sparkky
09-25-2009, 11:59 AM
it's worth an article if you live in Yellville.
it was a well received gesture here.

Rain Man
09-25-2009, 12:01 PM
I think it was rather humiliating for the other team for him to take a knee like they couldn't tackle him. He should have turned around and tried to run back to the other goal line, and then if he made it, turned around again and kept doing it until someone tackled him. Kind of like cricket. That would've been fun and it would've let the other team eventually tackle him.

Hydrae
09-25-2009, 12:05 PM

We can always use more feel good articles.

Pestilence
09-25-2009, 12:16 PM
He should've handed the ball off to the other team and let them score.

JD10367
09-25-2009, 12:27 PM
I think it was rather humiliating for the other team for him to take a knee like they couldn't tackle him. He should have turned around and tried to run back to the other goal line, and then if he made it, turned around again and kept doing it until someone tackled him. Kind of like cricket. That would've been fun and it would've let the other team eventually tackle him.

Is that what that game is about? I just know the English do it, so I assumed it was frigging weird.

Rain Man
09-25-2009, 01:34 PM
Is that what that game is about? I just know the English do it, so I assumed it was frigging weird.

I don't know much about it, but I think you hit the ball and then you keep running back and forth until somehow they get an out or it gets dark.

Claynus
09-26-2009, 06:40 AM
He should've handed the ball off to the other team and let them score.

I was thinking running backwards for a safety would have been appropriate, but that's good, too.

Actually, to make them feel like they accomplished something he should have fumbled the ball. In the huddle he would have discussed this with his teammates, telling them to blow tackle after tackle.

Rain Man
09-26-2009, 09:56 AM
I was thinking running backwards for a safety would have been appropriate, but that's good, too.

Actually, to make them feel like they accomplished something he should have fumbled the ball. In the huddle he would have discussed this with his teammates, telling them to blow tackle after tackle.

Perhaps before the play they should've asked the other team if they had a Downs Syndrome kid who hadn't been getting much playing time. You might as well get it all done at once.

milkman
09-26-2009, 10:10 AM
:rockon:

http://poietes.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/sally-field-oscar-speech.jpg

LMAO

JD10367
09-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Perhaps before the play they should've asked the other team if they had a Downs Syndrome kid who hadn't been getting much playing time. You might as well get it all done at once.

LMAO

Sully
09-26-2009, 10:23 AM
I think some of you have forgotten what it was like playing HS football (or never knew).
This is definitely a good story.

Jenson71
09-26-2009, 02:17 PM
I agree with gochiefs, so help me, God. Nothing special.