PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Worst Movies Evar

Pages : [1] 2

Saccopoo
09-25-2009, 01:49 AM
The Megan Fox thread got me to thinking...what are your personal "worst" movies you've ever seen?

Here's my top five right off the top of my head:

1. Crank
- And Statham was so good in Snatch. WTF happened to that guy? This movie is a trainwreck of epic proportions. I'm getting physically sick just thinking about this pail of warm spit.

2. Nothing But Trouble
- No words to discribe how bad this piece of shit is as Dan Ackroyd builds up his acting resume with this triumphant followup to his Oscar worthy performance in Caddyshack 2. Everyone associated with this movie should be killed.

3. Clerks 2
- Why does Kevin Smith even make movies? He's like a really bad Quentin Tarrantino, and that's saying a lot (or very little). Blew his wad on the original Clerks and has treated us with calamities such as this ever since.

4. Any Given Sunday
- See #3 for description on Oliver Stone. The fact that he is actually putting out Wallstreet 2: Money Never Sleeps, put out Alexander and this steaming pile of monkey shit. I mean, when was the last time anyone played NFL football in the dark? Probably the last time Al Pacino didn't mail it in on a movie. HOOOHAAA! Al. Hoohaa indeed.

5. Righteous Kill
- Pacino. DeNiro. It's got to be great, right? OMG. They didn't even put a stamp on the letter to mail it in for this lump of festering goat bile. And next time, remember to get a stand in double for anytime you are being filmed trying to throw a ball or run Bobby. I mean, shit. Who would of thought that DeNiro throws like a girl. An old, wrinkled up sissy armed girl who runs like a hobbled 89 year old lady in six inch stilettos.

Warrior5
09-25-2009, 01:56 AM
I'd like to say "Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus", but I can't... I laughed my ass off!

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2009, 02:02 AM
Short Cuts

aturnis
09-25-2009, 02:15 AM
I imagine there is probably a place for a thread such as this one. Couldn't imagine where though.

Raised On Riots
09-25-2009, 02:16 AM
Short Cuts

Oooh!

Is that the piece of shit with the helicopters spraying pesticides? The one with a drunk Lily Tomlin and Huey Lewis taking a piss in a river?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2009, 02:22 AM
Oooh!

Is that the piece of shit with the helicopters spraying pesticides? The one with a drunk Lily Tomlin and Huey Lewis taking a piss in a river?

That's the one.

Raised On Riots
09-25-2009, 02:27 AM
That's the one.

Fuck me with a broom handle; that was god-awful. And even worse, my quasi-artsy room mate trying to explain to me how great it was.

Just horrible.

KCChiefsMan
09-25-2009, 02:33 AM
fail

2 of those movies were somewhat enjoyable at least. You want to talk about the worst movies ever you have to put The Happening, Showgirls, Wild Wild West, Gigli, Batman & Robin, Judge Dread, the latest Godzilla, Pearl Harbor, Paulie Shore movies....I could go all day

kysirsoze
09-25-2009, 02:54 AM
CRANK WAS FUCKING AWESOME...

Anyway, as far as the question:

The Spirit
House of the Dead
Dreamgirls
Ghost Rider

kysirsoze
09-25-2009, 02:56 AM
fail

2 of those movies were somewhat enjoyable at least. You want to talk about the worst movies ever you have to put The Happening, Showgirls, Wild Wild West, Gigli, Batman & Robin, Judge Dread, the latest Godzilla, Pearl Harbor, Paulie Shore movies....I could go all day

Good call on The Happening. I liked his first three and absolutely hated The Village. I "nothing"ed Lady in the Water, but going into The Happening my expectations could not have been lower. I was still shocked at how bad it was. It's like he's trying to suck.

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 02:59 AM
1. Christmas With the Kranks - (ex g/f awesome idea of seeing this flick) This stars Tim coke head Allen and hermie Jamie Lynn Curtis. every Xmas season some shitty Christmas comedy flick comes out and this was that season's flick, but out of every movie thats ever been made, this one takes the cake for being the biggest POS ever. I walked out and threaten to leave me g/f there if she didn't come with me. We rented a movie and chilled back at my place. Me and my ex used to always argue why we didn't get to see any movies that she wanted to see. Well this is full proof of the bullshit she likes to pick out.

2. Redline - Watched about 30 min of this when I came home one night and my roomate was watching this. At first I thought it was one of the Fast n Furious movies, but no...that wasn't shitty enough. I was never big into any of those street racing movies to begin with, but to make a shitty spin-off like movie about racing from another shitty racing movie.....I mean come on, a bitch being the best driver? We all know women can't drive cars for ****ing crap on a stick.

3. Batman and Robin - Whoever made this movie needs to be shot. Bat suits with huge nipples, retarded one liners from Robin, horrible bat gadgets, ****ing Mr Freeze's ice hockey foot clan? The movie was filled with so many colors I thought I was tripping shrooms through out the movie only I wasn't. I was just witnessing a bunch of horse shit spread out across a string of movie film.

4. Jennifers Body - I just got done watching this movie. I'm speechless but confused by whether its because Megan Fox is so hot, or that was the worst hr 1/2 of shit I've seen in a while. I hope to god Megan Fox is never given a primary role ever again. She can't act for shit. She just needs to be on camera and look good and speak at a bare minimum. They gave her a bigger role in the 2nd Transformers movie, which is why I thought that movie was far worse than the 1st. I would give anything to **** her though. Did I mention she was hot?

5. Gattica - Man this movie just wasn't for me. I gonna get bashed for this because a lot people I know disagreed with me about this movie. I was just not interested in it at all. It started out really slow and continued to be really slow. And just never got my attention. I think Ethan Hawke's a homo anyways. I dont know how I got persuaded to see this movie.

BossChief
09-25-2009, 03:13 AM
Easy one

Amityville 4 (well, I think its 4) ...the premis is that the energy of the amityville house went into a friggin lamp, yeah you heard me right, a friggin lamp!

Two people die in the whole movie. First one dies when the lamp unpluggs itself and the cord strangles him, the cord is flailing around the room and at one point you can see the fishing line holding it up clear as day. The other death happens when a guy is crawling through a vent shaft and then it flashes to an ooze/slime closing in out of absolutly nowhere, with no explaination of why really, and the camera cuts and it goes to a wide shot of the house with him screaming like a bitch.

One of those movies you have to watch twice just to appreciate how truly bad every aspect of the movie is and to make every other movie that much more appreciated.

Miles
09-25-2009, 03:40 AM
5. Gattica - Man this movie just wasn't for me. I gonna get bashed for this because a lot people I know disagreed with me about this movie. I was just not interested in it at all. It started out really slow and continued to be really slow. And just never got my attention. I think Ethan Hawke's a homo anyways. I dont know how I got persuaded to see this movie.

I think it's one of the best movies of the 90's.

CrazyPhuD
09-25-2009, 03:55 AM
Joe's apartment....paid $1 to see it and I thought I got ripped off. Talking cockroaches....enough said...

mikey23545
09-25-2009, 03:57 AM
Maybe some of you just spend too much time watching shit movies...Out of all the movies mentioned so far in this thread, I've seen exactly one...Gattaca - and that was a great movie, but unfortunately for some you needed an I.Q. over 65 or so to enjoy it...

Pioli Zombie
09-25-2009, 04:50 AM
Meet the Fockers. My God. Barbra Streisand and Dustin Hoffman acting "sexy". Felt like throwing up in my mouth most of the movie.

The first Star Trek Movie. That bald chick. The half hour of looking at the Enterprise so that the Trekkies could masturbate in their seats. Veeeger. Just stop it.

Godfather 3. Never have I been so disappointed. We waited 16 years for THIS? Did Al Pacino or Coppola ever watch the first 2 because Michael Corleones entire personality was different. This is when I started to think of a possible Al is Dead theory. Think about it. Somewhere between Author Author and Sea Love Al Pacino looked different, sounded different and his personality was different. Think about it. Watch his movies before and after. I don't think its the same guy!
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
09-25-2009, 04:54 AM
I'd like to say "Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus", but I can't... I laughed my ass off!

ROFL

rockymtnchief
09-25-2009, 05:23 AM
Anything playing on SciFi/SyFy this weekend. The actors are either college kids needing some beer money or washed up actors (Gary Busey) trying to stay in the spot light. The special effects are horrible, the scripts are poor, and the acting atrocious.

EyePod
09-25-2009, 06:06 AM
You pick really terribly.

The worst movie I ever payed for was Ultraviolet. So terrible.

notorious
09-25-2009, 06:50 AM
Anything playing on SciFi/SyFy this weekend. The actors are either college kids needing some beer money or washed up actors (Gary Busey) trying to stay in the spot light. The special effects are horrible, the scripts are poor, and the acting atrocious.

I'm still pissed off they cancelled Farscape due to budget issues, yet still make those shitty movies at an amazing rate.

Nixhex
09-25-2009, 07:30 AM
Vanilla Sky

HC_Chief
09-25-2009, 07:42 AM
Batman and Robin.
Nipples on armor.
:Lin:

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 07:47 AM
I think it's one of the best movies of the 90's.

Yeah.....I just wasn't into it. Some of my friends liked it. But I respectfully disagree.

Maybe I shoulda put Battlefield Earth? That was horrible.

-King-
09-25-2009, 07:47 AM
Epic movie
Date movie
Basically any parody movie made in the last 5 or so years.

Seriously do these directors watch their own movies to see how shitty they are? There's no fucking way they can be pleased with the pieces of shit they make.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
09-25-2009, 07:49 AM
Yeah.....I just wasn't into it. Some of my friends liked it. But I respectfully disagree.

Maybe I shoulda put Battlefield Earth? That was horrible.

Gattica was alright but it was god awful boring especially the beginning. I don't see how people say its one of the best movies in any decade.
Posted via Mobile Device

John_Wayne
09-25-2009, 07:50 AM
1. Christmas With the Kranks - (ex g/f awesome idea of seeing this flick) This stars Tim coke head Allen and hermie Jamie Lynn Curtis. every Xmas season some shitty Christmas comedy flick comes out and this was that season's flick, but out of every movie thats ever been made, this one takes the cake for being the biggest POS ever. I walked out and threaten to leave me g/f there if she didn't come with me. We rented a movie and chilled back at my place. Me and my ex used to always argue why we didn't get to see any movies that she wanted to see. Well this is full proof of the bullshit she likes to pick out.

2. Redline - Watched about 30 min of this when I came home one night and my roomate was watching this. At first I thought it was one of the Fast n Furious movies, but no...that wasn't shitty enough. I was never big into any of those street racing movies to begin with, but to make a shitty spin-off like movie about racing from another shitty racing movie.....I mean come on, a bitch being the best driver? We all know women can't drive cars for ****ing crap on a stick.

3. Batman and Robin - Whoever made this movie needs to be shot. Bat suits with huge nipples, retarded one liners from Robin, horrible bat gadgets, ****ing Mr Freeze's ice hockey foot clan? The movie was filled with so many colors I thought I was tripping shrooms through out the movie only I wasn't. I was just witnessing a bunch of horse shit spread out across a string of movie film.

4. Jennifers Body - I just got done watching this movie. I'm speechless but confused by whether its because Megan Fox is so hot, or that was the worst hr 1/2 of shit I've seen in a while. I hope to god Megan Fox is never given a primary role ever again. She can't act for shit. She just needs to be on camera and look good and speak at a bare minimum. They gave her a bigger role in the 2nd Transformers movie, which is why I thought that movie was far worse than the 1st. I would give anything to **** her though. Did I mention she was hot?

5. Gattica - Man this movie just wasn't for me. I gonna get bashed for this because a lot people I know disagreed with me about this movie. I was just not interested in it at all. It started out really slow and continued to be really slow. And just never got my attention. I think Ethan Hawke's a homo anyways. I dont know how I got persuaded to see this movie. I love Gattaca. One of my favorite movies. It's very interesting. I was riveted, even though it was slow. But, in some movies, slow is good.

John_Wayne
09-25-2009, 07:52 AM
You pick really terribly.

The worst movie I ever payed for was Ultraviolet. So terrible. Terrible movie, as movies go, but I don't know if Mila Jovovich has ever looked better. She was HOT in that movie. She was also hot in the Fifth Element. I REALLY like Mila.

Sofa King
09-25-2009, 07:52 AM
28 Days Later

Freddy vs Jason

Anything with Drew Barrymore... fat ugly whore...

Demonpenz
09-25-2009, 07:59 AM
I am glad I don't see movies that often it has to be a slam dunk award winner that needs to be seen if i like it. I have caught a few shitty ones on tnt though. I actually can't think of Thee shitty movie, just a couple groaners, duets

Mars72
09-25-2009, 08:00 AM
1 - Plan 9 From Outer-space (Hilariously Awful)
2 - Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (Terrible all the way around)
3 - Twister (Terrible forced plot and horrible dialogue)
4 - Titanic (Millions spent on CG and Special Effects. I swear he hired his retarded nephew to write the script for free. One of the few movies where I walked away pissed off because of the horrible script)

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 08:04 AM
Joe's apartment....paid $1 to see it and I thought I got ripped off. Talking cockroaches....enough said...

That was awful too. ROFL

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 08:07 AM
Gattica was alright but it was god awful boring especially the beginning. I don't see how people say its one of the best movies in any decade.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is pretty much why I never got into the movie from the very start. And havent watched it since it came out.

Maybe if I watched it again maybe I'd like it better. (Now that I'm older) I believe I was like in 7th grade when I went to see it, now I'm 26.

HC_Chief
Epic movie
Date movie
Basically any parody movie made in the last 5 or so years.

Seriously do these directors watch their own movies to see how shitty they are? There's no ****ing way they can be pleased with the pieces of shit they make.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, those movies are f*ckawful. I can't believe ANYONE would enjoy those pieces of shit.

Otis Day
Wyatt Earp.....after watching Tombstone, this POS really failed. Dennis Quaid was a huge disappointment as Doc Holiday after watching Val Kilmer.

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 08:11 AM
28 Days Later

Freddy vs Jason

LMAO aint that the truth!!!

FWIW, I actually kinda liked F vs J not a great movie by any means, and horrible dialouge, but i think it's entertaining.

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 08:12 AM
Tenacious D - The Pick of Destiny.

Which is sad...I love the D, but this movie was fuckin rotten horrible.

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 08:12 AM
Wyatt Earp.....after watching Tombstone, this POS really failed. Dennis Quaid was a huge disappointment as Doc Holiday after watching Val Kilmer.

Tombstone is one of the best western films ever made.

kcfanXIII
09-25-2009, 08:17 AM
you lost me by talking shit on kevin smith. he's not ever gonna produce what the mainstream would consider a good movie, but his cult following find humor in his movies. dogma was one of the best, and largest, disses of the catholic church of all time. clerks 2< clerks, but you rant like the guy is a horrible director when he's not.

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 08:19 AM
you lost me by talking shit on kevin smith. he's not ever gonna produce what the mainstream would consider a good movie, but his cult following find humor in his movies. dogma was one of the best, and largest, disses of the catholic church of all time. clerks 2< clerks, but you rant like the guy is a horrible director when he's not.

Dogma was good I thought

Otter
09-25-2009, 08:20 AM
"Artificial Intelligence" - I took out the DVD and broke it in half after that monstrosity was over. If I ever see that vile piece of shit on screen again I swear to God I'll go on a rampage.

The ****ing worst fucking movie that wouldn't ****ing end.

Demonpenz
09-25-2009, 08:22 AM
it's wierd when people say joe's apartment, or Monster V monster movies. I think Shitty shitty movies all time is a movie that you think is legit, that it thinks of itself as a good movie and presented as such and then it sucks. I know movies like snakes on a plane sucks or joes apartment, but atleast they are designed to suck so bad they might go all the way back to awesome.

Chief Faithful
09-25-2009, 08:26 AM
Dan In Real Life - Excruciatingly painful to sit through. This is a chick flick that had to be written by chicks about a man struggling through love issues. Any man that can watch this movie and identify with the main character has serious issues.

Hoodwinked - The only movie that so bored me that I got up and left the theatre in the middle. It was a animation mystery and I couldn't tell if the intended audiance was adults or children. They failed in the box office receipts yet they are getting ready to release Hoodwinked 2! They didn't have a plot for the first movie so I can't imagine setting through number 2.

Chiefs=Good
09-25-2009, 08:27 AM
Date movie

Posted via Mobile Device

****ING THIS

man alive if that wasnt the worst movie in history...

Not even Sophie Monk made that watchable...

wild1
09-25-2009, 08:28 AM
Boondock Saints is the most overrated movie in history. Not the worst, but bad for sure.

Chiefs=Good
09-25-2009, 08:30 AM
it's wierd when people say joe's apartment, or Monster V monster movies. I think Shitty shitty movies all time is a movie that you think is legit, that it thinks of itself as a good movie and presented as such and then it sucks. I know movies like snakes on a plane sucks or joes apartment, but atleast they are designed to suck so bad they might go all the way back to awesome.

Bite your tongue Sir. Snakes on a Plane is pure awesomeness...

The plot is bullet proof :)

L.A. Chieffan
09-25-2009, 08:30 AM
any terrance malick and bay movie. pray they never team up and direct a movie together, the world may implode

Chiefs=Good
09-25-2009, 08:31 AM
You know wat is overrated imo the newest super man movie... That was boring as fuck...

BCD
09-25-2009, 08:32 AM
Crank was OK for an action movie.
Nothing But Trouble was just stupid.
Clerks 2 was freakin hilarious.
Any Given Sunday was pretty good, plus its a football movie, whats not to like?
Never saw Righteous Kill.

Demonpenz
09-25-2009, 08:36 AM
welp guess I am going to have to see clerks 2

BCD
09-25-2009, 08:40 AM
28 Days Later

Freddy vs Jason

Anything with Drew Barrymore... fat ugly whore...Tell me how she is fat and ugly?

BCD
09-25-2009, 08:41 AM
I've seen a lot of shittly movies in my time but I can't put a top 5 together, so I'll just say the worst movie I've seen in resent history or maybe ever, is The Happening.

Gonzo
09-25-2009, 08:42 AM
Crank was OK for an action movie.
Nothing But Trouble was just stupid.
Clerks 2 was freakin hilarious.
Any Given Sunday was pretty good, plus its a football movie, whats not to like?
Never saw Righteous Kill.

I too liked Crank... Thought it was fairly good.

Any Given Sunday is a movie that you have to be in the mood for. It was drawn out a bit but it had it's moments.

Clerks 2 had it's moments as well.

Don't think I've ever seen Nothing but Trouble don't think I want to either.

Righteous Kill was fucking terrible. They tried way too hard to cook something up. Lumpy actually walked away from it. The last movie those two should have ever been in together was Heat.

Saulbadguy
09-25-2009, 08:42 AM
1 - Plan 9 From Outer-space (Hilariously Awful)
2 - Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (Terrible all the way around)
3 - Twister (Terrible forced plot and horrible dialogue)
4 - Titanic (Millions spent on CG and Special Effects. I swear he hired his retarded nephew to write the script for free. One of the few movies where I walked away pissed off because of the horrible script)

Funny, i'm going to see Plan 9 from Outer Space in a couple weeks on the big screen.

Rifftrax version, though...:)

Gonzo
09-25-2009, 08:43 AM
Tell me how she is fat and ugly?

She's a "Right Light" kinda chick....

(Usually off)

Chiefs=Good
09-25-2009, 08:43 AM
28 Days Later

Seriously? that is great movie

Gonzo
09-25-2009, 08:44 AM
One movie that surprised me was Idiocracy. I sat and watched that thing and laughed my ass off. I went into it knowing it would suck but was pleasantly surprised.

gblowfish
09-25-2009, 08:46 AM
Mystery Science 3000 was devoted to the art of heckling bad movies.

Movie suckage that comes to mind:
Anything with "Dame" Judi Dench or Vanessa Redgrave. No thanks.
Lots of sequels like Major League 2 or Caddyshack 2.
"Waterworld" with Kevin Costner
The new "Taking Woodstock" Movie was pretty horrendous...

Groves
09-25-2009, 08:49 AM
Any movie with both predators and aliens in it.

BCD
09-25-2009, 08:50 AM
She's a "Right Light" kinda chick....

(Usually off)Well, I wouldn't say she's hot, but she's not ugly. Certainly not fat.

blaise
09-25-2009, 08:50 AM
One movie that surprised me was Idiocracy. I sat and watched that thing and laughed my ass off. I went into it knowing it would suck but was pleasantly surprised.

I liked it. I kept thinking it could have been a lot better though. The premise was great, the execution was ok.

Barret
09-25-2009, 08:51 AM
Recent movie that I thought sucked was Gamer with Gerard Butler in it.

Thought it was going to be cool with killing and death and stuff. But for some odd reason they liked doing these shaky cam fights and close ups during the gun fight scenes that was just painful. $20 down the drain for the ticket, food and drink.

blaise
09-25-2009, 08:53 AM
Some of the movies I hate:
War of the Roses, with Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner- annoying, stupid and repetitive
What About Bob? I hated Bob. I wished he would die.
Hanging Up with Meg Ryan, Lisa Kudrow, and Diane Keaton. Possible the worst film in history.
The Heartbreak Kid. Holy crap that movie sucks.

cdcox
09-25-2009, 08:58 AM
I actually like Nothing But Trouble in a campy bizarre kind of way.

Gattaca (not Gattica -- there is no "i" in DNA) is a great movie. I've watched it probably 10 times.

Demonpenz
09-25-2009, 09:00 AM
i think people don't like drew berrymore or katie holmes because they have had strokes and can only talk out one side of their mouths.

Saccopoo
09-25-2009, 09:04 AM

Please. The acerbic, sarcastic, know-it-all commentary on everything in life was all used up at the end of Clerks. The well was literally dry. And to have two disgruntled angels pull the same schtick as Dante and Randall was weak. Especially two disgruntled angels played by none other than Ben Affleck (Gigli, Pearl Harbor, Armageddon, Daredevil, etc. I mean ****. Ben Affleck could have his own wing in the Worst Movies of All Time's Hall of Fame.) and nancyboy, pudding headed Matt Damon. Let alone casting Screechy Rock, Mumbles Rickman, and the ultimate Hollywood hermaphrodite Linda Fionentino. Jay with a machine gun and Alanis Morrisette as God doing handstands? Are you ****ing kidding me? It's witless, stupid, played out garbage. You want commentary on the Catholic Church from a good movie? Go watch Beckett, Brook's History of the World or MP's Meaning of Life. This and every other Kevin Smith movie other than Clerks is garbage. Pure, unadulterated garbage. See Clerks 2 for proof. Also Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Holy shit, that is bad. And Mall Rats. Basically the same thing as Clerks with Jason Lee in the Randall role. The same tired crap all over again, but in color with those super special moments of Kevin Smith flying through the air. And it had Ben Affleck in it. Again. Fuck Kevin Smith and fuck his ultra-shitty played out same schtick movies.

Saccopoo
09-25-2009, 09:13 AM
i think people don't like drew berrymore or katie holmes because they have had strokes and can only talk out one side of their mouths.

Rumor is both were fathered by Slyvester Stallone.

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 09:14 AM
Mystery Science 3000 was devoted to the art of heckling bad movies.

Movie suckage that comes to mind:
Anything with "Dame" Judi Dench or Vanessa Redgrave. No thanks.
Lots of sequels like Major League 2 or Caddyshack 2.
"Waterworld" with Kevin Costner
The new "Taking Woodstock" Movie was pretty horrendous...

Major League 2 was still a good movie. The 3rd one was the awful one where they were in the minor leagues.

Major League 3: Back to the Minors.....is I think what it was called.

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Boondock Saints is the most overrated movie in history. Not the worst, but bad for sure.

WHOA WHOA.........you fucking serious? I love Boondock Saints.

wild1
09-25-2009, 09:17 AM
WHOA WHOA.........you ****ing serious? I love Boondock Saints.

I'm not surprised, it's crap.

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 09:17 AM
War of the Roses, with Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner- annoying, stupid and repetitive
What About Bob? I hated Bob. I wished he would die.
Hanging Up with Meg Ryan, Lisa Kudrow, and Diane Keaton. Possible the worst film in history.
The Heartbreak Kid. Holy crap that movie sucks.

ROFL God my ex LOVED this movie......I hated it so fucking much. I too, wish Bob would die.

Dayze
09-25-2009, 09:18 AM
Mullholland Drive (still no clue as to WTF the “plot” was about)
Transformers (didn’t expect much….and was still blown away with how bad it was)
Flightplan
The Saint
Face Off
Look Who’s Talking
….and movie with Travolta in it.
Last of the Mohicans
What Women Want
Twister
Saving Silverman
Two Weeks Notice
The Art of War
Air Force One
Manequin
Howard The Duck
Any “Fast and the Furious” – type movies.
Biker Boyz
The Wraith

,,,so many others….

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 09:18 AM
I'm not surprised, it's crap.

You're the first guy I've heard to say BS sucks.

Dayze
09-25-2009, 09:19 AM

ROFL

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Flightplan
The Saint
Face Off
Look Who’s Talking
Last of the Mohicans
What Women Want
Twister
Saving Silverman
Two Weeks Notice
The Art of War
Air Force One
Manequin
Howard The Duck
Biker Boyz
The Wraith

,,,so many others….

Saving Silverman was funny as shit.

Pestilence
09-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Primeval....

Worst. Fucking. Movie. EVAR!!!

We decided to go see it back before they actually let you know it was a crocodile that was killing all of these people. All the previews said....was that it had killed over 300 people and it was back. I thought....sweet....this should be decent and worth $6. I was so fucking wrong. Worst special effects ever. Worst acting ever. Worst plot line ever.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RARfk8cXPeg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RARfk8cXPeg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

wild1
09-25-2009, 09:23 AM
You're the first guy I've heard to say BS sucks.

It runs like a parody of a good criminal movie, a high school tarantino immitation contest. It's shallow, derivative, overwrought, the dialogue is appalling, it's little besides one execution after another. It was like they filmed a bunch of people getting killed and decided to make a movie out of it. The reviews were horrid, I don't know what you're talking about.

Pestilence
09-25-2009, 09:24 AM
Flightplan
The Saint
Face Off
Look Who’s Talking
Last of the Mohicans
What Women Want
Twister
Saving Silverman
Two Weeks Notice
The Art of War
Air Force One
Manequin
Howard The Duck
Biker Boyz
The Wraith

,,,so many others….

I thought "The Art of War" was decent....not great but not horrible.

blaise
09-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Flightplan
The Saint
Face Off
Look Who’s Talking
Last of the Mohicans
What Women Want
Twister
Saving Silverman
Two Weeks Notice
The Art of War
Air Force One
Manequin
Howard The Duck
Biker Boyz
The Wraith

,,,so many others….

The Wraith was one of those so bad it's good movies to me. Not that I'd watch it again or anything.

Dayze
09-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Art of War, I agree....I guess no unbearable to watch....I just remember watching it and when it was done I was almost relieved for it to be over. I guess It's one of those movies that I'd car to never see again.

Saving Sliverman did have some funny parts....but over all, ehhh.
So...maybe remove those two from my list since the thread is 'worst' etc..

Pestilence
09-25-2009, 09:34 AM
Art of War, I agree....I guess no unbearable to watch....I just remember watching it and when it was done I was almost relieved for it to be over. I guess It's one of those movies that I'd car to never see again.

Saving Sliverman did have some funny parts....but over all, ehhh.
So...maybe remove those two from my list since the thread is 'worst' etc..

Art of War was to long....I'll agree on that. It could have been about 30 minutes shorter than it was.

Saving Silverman was funny back when I was 19-20. I watched it again 6 months ago....and not really as funny as I remember it to be. Jack Black and Steve Zahn were hilarious in it though. Jason Biggs...not so much.

Dayze
09-25-2009, 09:41 AM
The Wraith was one of those so bad it's good movies to me. Not that I'd watch it again or anything.

It was one of those movies I remember watching several times as a kid; summer days lounging around watching HBO all day etc.

I watched it again when it was on like TNT/AMC etc…..holy crap it was awful lol.

Lumpy
09-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Last of the Mohicans

That was a great movie! With that I say... run, don't walk, right into a burning Aids tree!

:p

Baby Lee
09-25-2009, 10:00 AM
I came --><-- this close to starting a similar thread yesterday.

My modified proposition was 'what films continue to irritate you with their tropes and crappiness, or whatever other aspect irritates you, over time. The so called Enduring Irritants. This isn't a film you see, say 'that's crappy,' and never think about again, or even ones that are demonstrably bad and every one agrees it's bad. I'm talking films that have some degree of acclaim where every time it comes up, you get a little rise of acid in your stomach, and your thoughts turn dark and stormy. The ones that have caused you to devote mental effort to develop a Adam Corolla-esque angry rant just for them in case someone asks your opinion.

The idea came from The Ultimate Trailer Show replaying the trailer for Days of Thunder. Curse Tony Scott for ever and ever for making Bobby D wax poetic about custom crafting the perfect race car, obsessing over every detail, and Gay Thetan show up at the next race with a Chevy Lumina.

So its, for me;

Days of Thunder
Twister
Bonfire of the Vanities.

kaplin42
09-25-2009, 10:01 AM
Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
In Bruges'

Two of the dumbest, boringest, most retarded pieces of shit put on film.

CosmicPal
09-25-2009, 10:04 AM
I was watching the movie, Awake, yesterday. It's downright awful. Great idea for a story, but it was just flat boring as hell with some gawdawful acting. Hell, even Jessica Alba's hotness in the movie couldn't keep me awake long enough to want to finish it. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

L.A. Chieffan
09-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
In Bruges'

Two of the dumbest, boringest, most retarded pieces of shit put on film.

u really have horrible taste man

jidar
09-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Shoulda named this thread "Movies that are okay but I'm showing how much of a wannabe film snob I am by saying they suck on Internet forums."

Someone pass this thread on to Moviepoopshoot.com

POND_OF_RED
09-25-2009, 10:22 AM
Napoleon Dynamite. Most overrated movie of all time

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 10:26 AM
I came --><-- this close to starting a similar thread yesterday.

My modified proposition was 'what films continue to irritate you with their tropes and crappiness, or whatever other aspect irritates you, over time. The so called Enduring Irritants. This isn't a film you see, say 'that's crappy,' and never think about again, or even ones that are demonstrably bad and every one agrees it's bad. I'm talking films that have some degree of acclaim where every time it comes up, you get a little rise of acid in your stomach, and your thoughts turn dark and stormy. The ones that have caused you to devote mental effort to develop a Adam Corolla-esque angry rant just for them in case someone asks your opinion.

The idea came from The Ultimate Trailer Show replaying the trailer for Days of Thunder. Curse Tony Scott for ever and ever for making Bobby D wax poetic about custom crafting the perfect race car, obsessing over every detail, and Gay Thetan show up at the next race with a Chevy Lumina.

So its, for me;

Days of Thunder
Twister
Bonfire of the Vanities.

ROFL I love Days of Thunder

SDChiefs
09-25-2009, 10:26 AM
The Megan Fox thread got me to thinking...what are your personal "worst" movies you've ever seen?

1. Crank
- And Statham was so good in Snatch. WTF happened to that guy? This movie is a trainwreck of epic proportions. I'm getting physically sick just thinking about this pail of warm spit.

2. Nothing But Trouble
- No words to discribe how bad this piece of shit is as Dan Ackroyd builds up his acting resume with this triumphant followup to his Oscar worthy performance in Caddyshack 2. Everyone associated with this movie should be killed.

3. Clerks 2
- Why does Kevin Smith even make movies? He's like a really bad Quentin Tarrantino, and that's saying a lot (or very little). Blew his wad on the original Clerks and has treated us with calamities such as this ever since.

4. Any Given Sunday
- See #3 for description on Oliver Stone. The fact that he is actually putting out Wallstreet 2: Money Never Sleeps, put out Alexander and this steaming pile of monkey shit. I mean, when was the last time anyone played NFL football in the dark? Probably the last time Al Pacino didn't mail it in on a movie. HOOOHAAA! Al. Hoohaa indeed.

5. Righteous Kill
- Pacino. DeNiro. It's got to be great, right? OMG. They didn't even put a stamp on the letter to mail it in for this lump of festering goat bile. And next time, remember to get a stand in double for anytime you are being filmed trying to throw a ball or run Bobby. I mean, shit. Who would of thought that DeNiro throws like a girl. An old, wrinkled up sissy armed girl who runs like a hobbled 89 year old lady in six inch stilettos.

So what youre saying is.... You don't like good movies. Gotcha.

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 10:28 AM

Yeah other than Kip and Rex-Kwan-Do, there really isn't anything funny or humorous about that movie.

and thing is.....Jon Heder will never EVER be able to escape that role as ND

It's like Jason Alexander and George Castanza (sp?) or actually anyone off of Seinfield.

SDChiefs
09-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Easy one

Amityville 4 (well, I think its 4) ...the premis is that the energy of the amityville house went into a friggin lamp, yeah you heard me right, a friggin lamp!

Two people die in the whole movie. First one dies when the lamp unpluggs itself and the cord strangles him, the cord is flailing around the room and at one point you can see the fishing line holding it up clear as day. The other death happens when a guy is crawling through a vent shaft and then it flashes to an ooze/slime closing in out of absolutly nowhere, with no explaination of why really, and the camera cuts and it goes to a wide shot of the house with him screaming like a bitch.

One of those movies you have to watch twice just to appreciate how truly bad every aspect of the movie is and to make every other movie that much more appreciated.

I haven't even seen it and I already want my money back.

SDChiefs
09-25-2009, 10:30 AM

Agreed.

alpha_omega
09-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Jaws 3D.....ROFL X1000

SDChiefs
09-25-2009, 10:33 AM
28 Days Later

Freddy vs Jason

Jason X. But it was funny as hell to watch him beat a dumb slut into a tree while she was wrapped in a sleeping bag.

Baby Lee
09-25-2009, 10:33 AM

Are you actually going on the record saying Nothing But Trouble is a good movie.

Harrrrable, just makes you sad to see people you like involved with such an ill-conceived mess. You'd like to think there would be someone in the process who saw the 'naked emperor' they were constructing.

SDChiefs
09-25-2009, 10:35 AM
Tombstone is one of the best western films ever made.

The best!

shakesthecat
I submit Cloverfield for your consideration

Sofa King

http://img.buzznet.com/assets/users9/boink/default/gallery-msg-113760455823-2.jpg

http://blog.cleveland.com/ent_impact_tv/2009/01/medium_Drew2.jpg

no makeup...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_F7Ak1rQNp54/SnTvrxoQDuI/AAAAAAAAAag/jLeErCSM-LA/s320/drew-barrymore_without_makeup.jpg

Lumpy
09-25-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm surprised that nobody has listed the "Police Academy" movies. ROFL

Epic suckage!

SDChiefs

As stupid as his films come off to be, its really smart humor. Just crude. I would go as far to say that he is the best writer/director since Mel Brooks. The guys a genious.

Saccopoo

So, you like Crank? With Jason Statham running around in a hospital gown with his anus hanging out? That really believable pseudo-rape scene with Amy Smart? Vote for Pedro as a ghey clubbing snitch? The line "Who wants white meat?" The whole concept of "bad Chinese shit" pumped into his veins by a sterioded Ricky Ricardo? And that Dwight Yokam as a back room, lost his license MD to the hooker and drug dealers of LA, who knows all about this "bad Chinese shit" and tells him to go drink some Red Bull and it will be all better. Plus the fact that he fell 17,000 feet from a helicopter, lived, and then had some chinese guys steal his heart? (Premise for Crank 2.) It was bad on every single level. It made Uwe Boll proud of his work.

What are you? 13 and mentally retarded?

wild1
09-25-2009, 10:37 AM
ROFL I love Days of Thunder

And you were beating up on me for saying that boondock saints sucked...

MahiMike
09-25-2009, 10:38 AM

Our family wtches Christmas w/the Kranks every season. I really liked Gattica. Cool flick.

SDChiefs
09-25-2009, 10:38 AM

The movie is a classic. Come on! Dropping a toilet on someones head from several stories alone, makes this movie great.

SDChiefs
09-25-2009, 10:48 AM
Please. The acerbic, sarcastic, know-it-all commentary on everything in life was all used up at the end of Clerks. The well was literally dry. And to have two disgruntled angels pull the same schtick as Dante and Randall was weak. Especially two disgruntled angels played by none other than Ben Affleck (Gigli, Pearl Harbor, Armageddon, Daredevil, etc. I mean ****. Ben Affleck could have his own wing in the Worst Movies of All Time's Hall of Fame.) and nancyboy, pudding headed Matt Damon. Let alone casting Screechy Rock, Mumbles Rickman, and the ultimate Hollywood hermaphrodite Linda Fionentino. Jay with a machine gun and Alanis Morrisette as God doing handstands? Are you ****ing kidding me? It's witless, stupid, played out garbage. You want commentary on the Catholic Church from a good movie? Go watch Beckett, Brook's History of the World or MP's Meaning of Life. This and every other Kevin Smith movie other than Clerks is garbage. Pure, unadulterated garbage. See Clerks 2 for proof. Also Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Holy shit, that is bad. And Mall Rats. Basically the same thing as Clerks with Jason Lee in the Randall role. The same tired crap all over again, but in color with those super special moments of Kevin Smith flying through the air. And it had Ben Affleck in it. Again. **** Kevin Smith and **** his ultra-shitty played out same schtick movies.

You.... Are...... Gay. And Linda Fionrentino is smoking.

Saccopoo
09-25-2009, 10:50 AM
You.... Are...... Gay. And Linda Fionrentino is smoking.

I'm not the one whose ghey if you think Linda is hot. Maybe hot if you like Ladyboys...She's got a deeper, gravelly voice than Johnny Lee Hooker.

rockymtnchief
09-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Zoolander was so bad that I only watched the first 20 minutes.

SDChiefs
09-25-2009, 10:53 AM
Are you actually going on the record saying Nothing But Trouble is a good movie.

Harrrrable, just makes you sad to see people you like involved with such an ill-conceived mess. You'd like to think there would be someone in the process who saw the 'naked emperor' they were constructing.

No. I thought it was garbage. But the other four range of entertaining to freaking great movies.

SDChiefs
09-25-2009, 10:55 AM
So, you like Crank? With Jason Statham running around in a hospital gown with his anus hanging out? That really believable pseudo-rape scene with Amy Smart? Vote for Pedro as a ghey clubbing snitch? The line "Who wants white meat?" The whole concept of "bad Chinese shit" pumped into his veins by a sterioded Ricky Ricardo? And that Dwight Yokam as a back room, lost his license MD to the hooker and drug dealers of LA, who knows all about this "bad Chinese shit" and tells him to go drink some Red Bull and it will be all better. Plus the fact that he fell 17,000 feet from a helicopter, lived, and then had some chinese guys steal his heart? (Premise for Crank 2.) It was bad on every single level. It made Uwe Boll proud of his work.

No, I choose not to live in SLC.

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 10:56 AM
Zoolander was so bad that I only watched the first 20 minutes.

It took me 2 times to watch that movie. The 2nd time though I thought it was funny.

Also went and saw Super Troopers in the theatres and was incredibly disappointed. Then saw it a year later on DVD and laughed my ass off.

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 10:56 AM
http://img.buzznet.com/assets/users9/boink/default/gallery-msg-113760455823-2.jpg

no makeup...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_F7Ak1rQNp54/SnTvrxoQDuI/AAAAAAAAAag/jLeErCSM-LA/s320/drew-barrymore_without_makeup.jpg

That's one Fugly bitch, man.

SDChiefs
09-25-2009, 10:57 AM
I'm not the one whose ghey if you think Linda is hot. Maybe hot if you like Ladyboys...She's got a deeper, gravelly voice than Johnny Lee Hooker.

You would be the ultimate wingman. I bet your famous quote at the bar is "Ill take the fat, ugly one." We should hang out sometime.

SDChiefs
09-25-2009, 10:57 AM
It took me 2 times to watch that movie. The 2nd time though I thought it was funny.

Also went and saw Super Troopers in the theatres and was incredibly disappointed. Then saw it a year later on DVD and laughed my ass off.

Same thing with me. Same with Beerfest. The more I watch them the funnier they are to me.

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 10:58 AM

OMG this!!!!! I totally forgot this shit fest.

This has to be in my top 5. My roomate loved this.

One thing they NEVER explain. WTF did that monster come from? And the movie was about some douchebag trying to save his whore g/f

Predarat
09-25-2009, 10:59 AM
Slightly thick butterfaced whore???
Is that better?

Sofa King
09-25-2009, 10:59 AM
That's one Fugly bitch, man.

^ i agree!

KCUnited
09-25-2009, 11:02 AM
Skinny Butterfaced whore???
Is that better?
I've turned the lights out on ugly more than a few times, but fat?

The Last Resort
Flight of the Phoenix

RINGLEADER
09-25-2009, 11:08 AM
Good call on The Happening. I liked his first three and absolutely hated The Village. I "nothing"ed Lady in the Water, but going into The Happening my expectations could not have been lower. I was still shocked at how bad it was. It's like he's trying to suck.

OMG, quick! Run away from the wind!

RINGLEADER
09-25-2009, 11:08 AM
My contribution is Cool World.

Pestilence
09-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Nacho Libre. /thread

The Bad Guy
09-25-2009, 11:14 AM
Saving Silverman was freaking hilarious.

Dayze
09-25-2009, 11:17 AM
That was a great movie! With that I say... run, don't walk, right into a burning Aids tree!

:p

:D

The thing I disliked most about it was it seemed the the last ¾ of the movie was Daniel Day Louis running aimlessly.
Just seemed to drag on.

Dayze
09-25-2009, 11:21 AM

LMAOLMAO

Lumpy
09-25-2009, 11:23 AM
:D

The thing I disliked most about it was it seemed the the last ¾ of the movie was Daniel Day Louis running aimlessly.
Just seemed to drag on.

Ok, I'll give u that... it did drag on a little. I liked the storyline. That, and this is the only Daniel Day film where he looked :drool:

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 11:28 AM
And you were beating up on me for saying that boondock saints sucked...

I dont see anyone on here agreeing with you that BS sucked?

I think youre gonna find the majority on here like that movie, or guys in general.

But youre entitled to your own opinion. It's not my fault you're gay.

Dayze
09-25-2009, 11:30 AM
You mean you didn’t think he was handsome in “My Left Foot”?:D

Lumpy
09-25-2009, 11:35 AM
You mean you didn’t think he was handsome in “My Left Foot”?:D

I must have missed that one.

Lzen
09-25-2009, 11:36 AM
Be Kind Rewind - I got about 20 minutes into it and had to turn it off.

Lost Boys: The Tribe - Blatant ripoff of the first movie (not exactly a sequel) with poor acting and story.

Saccopoo
09-25-2009, 11:38 AM
No, I choose not to live in SLC.

I don't think geographic location has anything to do with bad movies. People in Tibet thought Crank sucked dog nuts. There was a massive underground movement in Belarus to declare Jason Statham an enemy of the state. President Pierre Knurunziza of The Republic of Burundi has declared that anyone possessing a copy of Crank will be stoned to death. It's globally recognized as a turd of massive proportions.

Steron
09-25-2009, 11:39 AM
The English Patient

Beer for my Horses

Titanic

28 Days Later

Aliens 4 : Resurrection

Star Trek : The Motion Picture

Robot Jox

Star Wars : Episode 1

Lzen
09-25-2009, 11:40 AM

I liked The Village. Lady In The Water wasn't terrible, but I wouldn't exactly call it good. But yeah, The Happening was crap.

Lzen
09-25-2009, 11:43 AM
28 Days Later

Really? Huh.

Lzen
09-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Tenacious D - The Pick of Destiny.

Which is sad...I love the D, but this movie was ****in rotten horrible.

I love that movie. I own it. :D Yeah, I didn't expect it to be Shakespeare. I think it is hilarious.

chasedude
09-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Freddie Got Fingered. Tom Green should be shot!

Lumpy
09-25-2009, 11:48 AM
I liked The Village. Lady In The Water wasn't terrible, but I wouldn't exactly call it good. But yeah, The Happening was crap.

I'm a huge fan of M. Night Shyamalan's films b/c his they all have his unique twist. I will agree that some of his films 'lack something' and are a bit predictable, but the majority of them keep the audience glued to the story.

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Lady in the Water is a VERY horrible movie.

BCD
09-25-2009, 11:50 AM
That's one Fugly bitch, man.Whatever. You could do this with most women. They all don't look good all the time.

Saccopoo
09-25-2009, 11:51 AM
As stupid as his films come off to be, its really smart humor. Just crude. I would go as far to say that he is the best writer/director since Mel Brooks. The guys a genious.

The guy uses the same formula that he employed in Clerks and re-works it (barely) for every other movie. It was brilliant in Clerks. The grainy B&W filming gave legitimacy to the locale and main characters plight of self-assumed brilliance and supremacy while working for/at a low budget convenience store, the witty mental sparing/castigating of their inferiors/superiors, the relationship ironies, etc. It was brilliant. And then came everything else, which was, pardon the pun, Kevin Smithian dogmatic tripe. The fact that he forced a tired, obnoxious, overused Jay on us, the spiteful insightful loser buddies, all of it. And it got progressively worse each and every film, culminating in that putrencent pile of pungent porcine poop, Clerks 2.

And I'd beg to differ on Mel Brooks. Some really brilliant stuff, but Robin Hood - Men in Tights and Space Balls didn't do him any favors.

If you are talking about directors/writers, how about Danny Boyle, Clint Eastwood, Baz Luhrman and the like?

PunkinDrublic
09-25-2009, 11:52 AM
"Two for the money with Al Pacino and Matthew Mcaunehey. I've never remembered a time when I felt so ripped off walking out of a movie theater after watching that POS.

"The Goods" with Jeremy Pivin. Really showed to me that even a great actor like Pivin can't carry a movie that was so poorly written. Joke after joke was cringe worthy because they missed the mark so bad. The people that wrote that script should never be allowed to have any part of moviemaking ever again.

Saccopoo
09-25-2009, 11:53 AM

Holy fucking shit! I forgot this one! Perhaps I just purged it from my memory because it was so bad. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Lzen
09-25-2009, 11:54 AM

This

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 11:54 AM
Whatever. You could do this with most women. They all don't look good all the time.

magazine shoots make people look a LOT better.

you seen those recent cover girl commercials. she looks like her former co-star, E.T.

Saccopoo
09-25-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm a huge fan of M. Night Shyamalan's films b/c his they all have his unique twist. I will agree that some of his films 'lack something' and are a bit predictable, but the majority of them keep the audience glued to the story.

What? Other than the fact that aliens that possess enough leg strength to jump completely over houses are easily locked in a pantry?

Saccopoo
09-25-2009, 12:00 PM
"Two for the money with Al Pacino and Matthew Mcaunehey. I've never remembered a time when I felt so ripped off walking out of a movie theater after watching that POS.

"The Goods" with Jeremy Pivin. Really showed to me that even a great actor like Pivin can't carry a movie that was so poorly written. Joke after joke was cringe worthy because they missed the mark so bad. The people that wrote that script should never be allowed to have any part of moviemaking ever again.

PCU, Smokin' Aces, Rock N Rolla...I don't think one decent role (Entourage) is necessarily a ringing endorsement for Piven's acting abilities.

BWillie
09-25-2009, 12:02 PM

1. Crank

2. Nothing But Trouble

3. Clerks 2

4. Any Given Sunday

5. Righteous Kill

Any Given Sunday? Are you f*cking serious? That is one of my favorite movies of all time.

Buehler445
09-25-2009, 12:04 PM
OK, there are some bad ones in here, but you guys need to watch some movies with my wife. In her tenure, she has watched some god-awful shitfests in her day.

On the topic of Drew Barrymore, she was in one where she was Cinderella (I know, right?) and had to talk with this just excruciating Brittish accent. I want to say it is called Ever After, but I could be wrong.

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 12:07 PM

I thought the Goods was very funny. It wasn't suppoed to be a good movie.

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Any Given Sunday? Are you f*cking serious? That is one of my favorite movies of all time.

I bet you like the shower scenes.......HAHAH Queer!!!!! ROFL

jk

Saccopoo
09-25-2009, 12:19 PM

Completely serious. This film was a safety. For the other team.

No focus. The cinematics were atrocious. Filming was beyond piss poor in terms of its conceptualization. Characters were predictable and poorly developed. Diaz as the new owner was embarrassing and painful. Dennis Quaid as the brow-beaten qb whose agent/wife emasculates him at every turn. The oh-so-subtle dinner scene with Jamie Foxx as Michael Vi...I mean Willie Beaman and Pacino, with Ben Hur playing on the big scene? Reach much Ollie? And then having Heston show up as the league commish? Holy shit. It's just too much...

And the last I checked, the NFL plays it's night games with the lights actually on during the game.

Saccopoo
09-25-2009, 12:20 PM
I bet you like the shower scenes.......HAHAH Queer!!!!! ROFL jk

Oh yeah...I forgot that every ILB is from the Deep South and carries a live aligator around with him at all times.

This fucking film almost makes Alexander look decent.

SDChiefs
09-25-2009, 12:24 PM
I don't think geographic location has anything to do with bad movies. People in Tibet thought Crank sucked dog nuts. There was a massive underground movement in Belarus to declare Jason Statham an enemy of the state. President Pierre Knurunziza of The Republic of Burundi has declared that anyone possessing a copy of Crank will be stoned to death. It's globally recognized as a turd of massive proportions.

No, you asked if I was a retard. I then answered, infering no, by saying I choose not to live in Utah. But it slipped right by you making my point valid.

PunkinDrublic
09-25-2009, 12:26 PM
I thought the Goods was very funny. It wasn't suppoed to be a good movie.

Except that it wasn't funny IMO. The jokes missed their mark so often it was painful for me to watch.

SDChiefs
09-25-2009, 12:28 PM
The guy uses the same formula that he employed in Clerks and re-works it (barely) for every other movie. It was brilliant in Clerks. The grainy B&W filming gave legitimacy to the locale and main characters plight of self-assumed brilliance and supremacy while working for/at a low budget convenience store, the witty mental sparing/castigating of their inferiors/superiors, the relationship ironies, etc. It was brilliant. And then came everything else, which was, pardon the pun, Kevin Smithian dogmatic tripe. The fact that he forced a tired, obnoxious, overused Jay on us, the spiteful insightful loser buddies, all of it. And it got progressively worse each and every film, culminating in that putrencent pile of pungent porcine poop, Clerks 2.

And I'd beg to differ on Mel Brooks. Some really brilliant stuff, but Robin Hood - Men in Tights and Space Balls didn't do him any favors.

If you are talking about directors/writers, how about Danny Boyle, Clint Eastwood, Baz Luhrman and the like?

You have sniffed way too much glue to be alive let alone typing. Jay is popular. Hence there are several movies with him in it. Batman is popular. Hence there are several movies about him. Some are better than others. Kevin Smith is in the business to make money, and he does. Because he gives people what they want to see. Aside from people with no sense of humor or bad taste in movies. But hey, you cant please everybody.

FishingRod
09-25-2009, 12:37 PM
This would be it

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 12:45 PM

oh god that was a bad movie.

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 12:47 PM
You have sniffed way too much glue to be alive let alone typing. Jay is popular. Hence there are several movies with him in it. Batman is popular. Hence there are several movies about him. Some are better than others. Kevin Smith is in the business to make money, and he does. Because he gives people what they want to see. Aside from people with no sense of humor or bad taste in movies. But hey, you cant please everybody.

Dogma was a good movie. But that was it.

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 12:48 PM
Man my old roomate was king of shitty ****ing movies. His movie rack was FULL of them, I wish I could sit next to it and type in this thread. I'd have a list of about 50 movies that completely sucked.

Summer Catch
Any movie starring Martin Lawrence
Fast n Furious 2
Shanghai Knights
Churchball (this movie is about a church basketball league)
Any Jimmy Fallon movie
Dunston Checks In
American Outlaws - worst western ever
Any of those fucking gay retarded MTV group dancing movies.

kysirsoze
09-25-2009, 12:50 PM
Flightplan
The Saint
Face Off
Look Who’s Talking
Last of the Mohicans
What Women Want
Twister
Saving Silverman
Two Weeks Notice
The Art of War
Air Force One
Manequin
Howard The Duck
Biker Boyz
The Wraith

,,,so many others….

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong (Pulp Fiction), and Wrong

kysirsoze
09-25-2009, 12:56 PM

Even if I hadn't seen this movie and loved it, I would be renting it tonight based on your description.

Saccopoo
09-25-2009, 12:59 PM
No, you asked if I was a retard. I then answered, infering no, by saying I choose not to live in Utah. But it slipped right by you making my point valid.

Since we were speaking about movies, I assumed that you were implying that it was just people in Utah that had a problem with Crank. Maybe it's the water in San Diego though that's making everyone retarded down there. Did your friends like Crank? Do they live in San Diego? (Assuming that SD in your tag means San Diego. I guess it could mean something else though.)

But if you mean by not choosing to live in Utah, you don't like to have some of the best skiing in the world 30 minutes from your door, miles of the best fishing in the world, gorgeous mountains, etc., a low crime rate, a great music scene, lots of really attractive women, a world class LeMans race track 30 minutes from anywhere, a perennial playoff professional sports team, two very good, competitive college teams in numerous sports, and that doesn't make you stupid, then color me stupid.

Pestilence
09-25-2009, 01:00 PM
PCU, Smokin' Aces, Rock N Rolla...I don't think one decent role (Entourage) is necessarily a ringing endorsement for Piven's acting abilities.

What the fuck was wrong with PCU? Did you expect it to be Schindlers List?

KCtotheSB
09-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Me and the wife are always watching Mystery Science Theater 3000. In fact, she puts on "Manos: Hands of Fate" to fall asleep too every night.

As for bad movies, I couldn't believe how bad "Alien vs Predator: Requiem" was. That's probably the only movie I've walked out on. Makes me sad how bad the "Alien" franchise has fallen....

One movie I was really dissapointed with after hearing so much hype about it was "Knocked Up". I kept hearing it's "better than 40 Year Old Virgin" and I absolutely loved that movie. Boy, was I dissapointed.....

Some others I've seen in stores that made me go "WTF" was "Cinderella 2", "Lady and the Tramp 2"....basically, the beloved Disney movies from yonder that got sequels for...god knows whatever reason.... I imagine those aren't too grand....

Saccopoo
09-25-2009, 01:04 PM

You like his movies. I don't. Personal preference. There is a reason that "Crank That" from SouljaBoy was the #1 song on the charts a couple of summers ago as well. I guess he just gave "those people" what they wanted to hear. I guess that there are some people that think that Radiohead is a bad band, just like some people like Kevin Smith movies.

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 01:05 PM
Me and the wife are always watching Mystery Science Theater 3000. In fact, she puts on "Manos: Hands of Fate" to fall asleep too every night.

As for bad movies, I couldn't believe how bad "Alien vs Predator: Requiem" was. That's probably the only movie I've walked out on. Makes me sad how bad the "Alien" franchise has fallen....

One movie I was really dissapointed with after hearing so much hype about it was "Knocked Up". I kept hearing it's "better than 40 Year Old Virgin" and I absolutely loved that movie. Boy, was I dissapointed.....

Some others I've seen in stores that made me go "WTF" was "Cinderella 2", "Lady and the Tramp 2"....basically, the beloved Disney movies from yonder that got sequels for...god knows whatever reason.... I imagine those aren't too grand....

ROFL no shit man.....How many Aladdin movies or Lion King movies are there now. Aladdin 5: Jafar Goes and Takes a Shit OR Lion King 6:The Ressurrection of MuFassa

KCtotheSB
09-25-2009, 01:11 PM
Oh shit, one I completely overlooked....

Delta Farce with Larry the Cable Guy, Bill Engvall and DJ Qualls. Oh sweet Jesus, that was horrible. When I was doing my tour in Korea, me and a buddy in my workcenter would have a field day talking about how "great" this movie was to newcomers. We had every new guy to our squadron watch it after we hyped it up to epic proportions. Nearly every answer we got back was they couldn't sit through 10 minutes of it and shut it off. We said they had bad taste in movies and continued hyping it up until they caught on to what we were doing. Ah...good times....

...basically, I guess you could say ANY Larry the Cable Guy movie fits the bill in this topic.

Saccopoo
09-25-2009, 01:12 PM
What the **** was wrong with PCU? Did you expect it to be Schindlers List?

No, but given the cast one would have thought that it could have been more than the bastard love child of Revenge of the Nerds 2 and Road Trip.

It just showcases a very unrefined Jeremy Piven doing his smart ass, psuedo-intellectual over-the-top schtick. He's gotten better as time has progressed, but he's downright awful in PCU. Everyone is. Jon Favreau is absolutely embarrassing in it.

Saccopoo
09-25-2009, 01:15 PM

ROFL no shit man.....How many Aladdin movies or Lion King movies are there now. Aladdin 5: Jafar Goes and Takes a Shit OR Lion King 6:The Ressurrection of MuFassa

If any of you have a daughter(s), I'm sure you've been forced to watch a Barbie animated movie. Sweet baby jesus...

SDChiefs
09-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Since we were speaking about movies, I assumed that you were implying that it was just people in Utah that had a problem with Crank. Maybe it's the water in San Diego though that's making everyone retarded down there. Did your friends like Crank? Do they live in San Diego? (Assuming that SD in your tag means San Diego. I guess it could mean something else though.)

But if you mean by not choosing to live in Utah, you don't like to have some of the best skiing in the world 30 minutes from your door, miles of the best fishing in the world, gorgeous mountains, etc., a low crime rate, a great music scene, lots of really attractive women, a world class LeMans race track 30 minutes from anywhere, a perennial playoff professional sports team, two very good, competitive college teams in numerous sports, and that doesn't make you stupid, then color me stupid.

You forgot the rednecks and incest and polygamy with children. Yeah sounds like a helluva place to be. In San Diego, we have all that within a 2 hour drive. And much, much more. Except the whole competitive college sports because, well, we have PRO teams. So you can have your little college teams. But come to think of it. We do have USC and UCLA. But im sure the UTES make them quiver in their boots.

SDChiefs
09-25-2009, 01:23 PM
You like his movies. I don't. Personal preference. There is a reason that "Crank That" from SouljaBoy was the #1 song on the charts a couple of summers ago as well. I guess he just gave "those people" what they wanted to hear. I guess that there are some people that think that Radiohead is a bad band, just like some people like Kevin Smith movies.

You keep using Crank as the example. When did I ever say it was a great movie. It was entertaining. It did exactly what it was made to be. A sh*tload of action. Is it going to win an Oscar, no. Was it worth the price of admission. YES.

SDChiefs
09-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Oh shit, one I completely overlooked....

Delta Farce with Larry the Cable Guy, Bill Engvall and DJ Qualls. Oh sweet Jesus, that was horrible. When I was doing my tour in Korea, me and a buddy in my workcenter would have a field day talking about how "great" this movie was to newcomers. We had every new guy to our squadron watch it after we hyped it up to epic proportions. Nearly every answer we got back was they couldn't sit through 10 minutes of it and shut it off. We said they had bad taste in movies and continued hyping it up until they caught on to what we were doing. Ah...good times....

...basically, I guess you could say ANY Larry the Cable Guy movie fits the bill in this topic.

This. Epically bad.

SDChiefs
09-25-2009, 01:25 PM
[QUOTE=CoMoChief;6108412]

If any of you have a daughter(s), I'm sure you've been forced to watch a Barbie animated movie. Sweet baby jesus...

This.

Fritz88
09-25-2009, 01:25 PM
Brooklyn Rules
Shooter

Can't remember more but I sure did see some really awful ones.

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 01:27 PM
Brooklyn Rules
Shooter

Can't remember more but I sure did see some really awful ones.

Shooter is a good movie.

Demonpenz
09-25-2009, 01:28 PM
dune was a good movie

SDChiefs
09-25-2009, 01:32 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/entertainment/2009/09/24/rich-beautiful-hollywood-women?slide=2

I can't say shes hot or not. But though it was funny.

kaplin42
09-25-2009, 01:37 PM
u really have horrible taste man

You liked these two movies? Really? They were epic bad, as in I would rather be water boarded than sit through them again.

Sofa King
09-25-2009, 01:40 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/entertainment/2009/09/24/rich-beautiful-hollywood-women?slide=2

I can't say shes hot or not. But though it was funny.

all that tells me is that makes alot of money because fat chicks relate to her and go see her movies...

and she's a TERRIBLE actress to boot...

SDChiefs
09-25-2009, 01:44 PM
all that tells me is that makes alot of money because fat chicks relate to her and go see her movies...

and she's a TERRIBLE actress to boot...

No arguments here. I just don't think shes that bad.

Fritz88
09-25-2009, 01:47 PM
I know I am going to get killed over this but any Star Wars movie is horrible. I'd rather watch J. Russell throw darts at Gonzo's bare chest than watching Star Wars.

Saccopoo
09-25-2009, 01:47 PM
You forgot the rednecks and incest and polygamy with children.

That's Texas and Arizona. I haven't met many, if any, Rednecks out here in Utah, even when you get into the sticks. And there are a lot more polygamist camps in places like Idaho, Arizona, Texas and the like.

Yeah sounds like a helluva place to be. In San Diego, we have all that within a 2 hour drive. And much, much more. Except the whole competitive college sports because, well, we have PRO teams. So you can have your little college teams. But come to think of it. We do have USC and UCLA. But im sure the UTES make them quiver in their boots.

Nice try. But USC and UCLA ain't from San Diego. SDSU is though. They're pretty good, right? And when I think about it, it seems to me that UCLA has gotten the absolute shit kicked out of it the last couple times it played the Utah college teams. As a San Diegoian making a claim for LA college teams to be his, I'd think you'd be more aware of the recent history between them.

Anyway, I like San Diego. It's a nice town. The zoo is overrated though.

Demonpenz
09-25-2009, 01:48 PM
I know I am going to get killed over this but any Star Wars movie is horrible. I'd rather watch J. Russell throw darts at Gonzo's bare chest than watching Star Wars.

I know opinions shouldn't be wrong, but yours is. Empire strikes back is a masterpiece

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 01:48 PM
Starship Troopers - Let's put together a crappy jumpy story line from one of the greatest sci-fi novels ever written. Then let's get bad actors. Make them hot actors/actresses and get a lot of blood and explosions to take the audiences mind off the fact that we just stole 7 bucks from each of them and call it a movie.

Last scene - Have camera fall back off the giant monster tied down and surrounded by hundreds of armed troops. Pan left to Doogie Howser who is setting up a mental link with the monster by touching it. Have Doogie say "It's afraid!" followed by soldiers cheers.

It's afraid? Really? Pure genius.

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 01:51 PM

1. Crank

Statham, good?

You must have missed "In the Name of the King", "Transporter 3", "Chaos", etc etc

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 01:53 PM
I know opinions shouldn't be wrong, but yours is. Empire strikes back is a masterpiece

Kirshner should have directed much much more for Lucas. We wouldn't have Ewoks and Jar Jar with Kirshner. At least they wouldn't live at the end of the films.

Demonpenz
09-25-2009, 01:53 PM
UTAH has no night life and had john stockton
fail

Demonpenz
09-25-2009, 01:55 PM
Kirshner should have directed much much more for Lucas. We wouldn't have Ewoks and Jar Jar with Kirshner. At least they wouldn't live at the end of the films.

i pretend those movies don't exist. I am casual star wars fan with some knowledge of it. Like I know twin Ion engine and shit like that, but not in love with it. Darth Vader is my favorite bad guy all time. I make too many dumbass threads, someone make a "favorite bad guy poll!"

Saccopoo

From the New World encyclopedia of what the appropriate punishment is for people who say they don't like The Empire Strikes Back (at least in England):

To be drawn and quartered was the penalty ordained in England for the crime of treason for not appreciating Episode V of the original Star Wars trilogy. It is considered by many to be the epitome of cruel punishment, and was reserved for the crime of treason against haters of Star Wars as this was deemed more heinous than murder and other capital offenses. The grisly punishment included the drawing of the convicted to the gallows, often by horse, the hanging of the body until near death, disembowelment and castration, followed by the beheading of the body, and finally the quartering of the corpse, or the division of the bodily remnants into four pieces. The punishment was carried out in public, with the ridicule of the crowd adding to the criminal's suffering.

SDChiefs

Blasphemy!

Saccopoo
09-25-2009, 02:00 PM
UTAH has no night life and had john stockton
fail

Au contraire mon frere. SLC's nightlife is actually quite good. There are numerous places where you can go see a very good band on any night of the week and it's fast and easy to get to just about every place in the valley. Kicks the shit out of Overland Park, and beats the drive to Westport all day long. And John Stockton was the best point guard to play in the NBA. Ever. So there. Pfffft.

JohnnyV13
09-25-2009, 02:02 PM
Starship Troopers - Let's put together a crappy jumpy story line from one of the greatest sci-fi novels ever written. Then let's get bad actors. Make them hot actors/actresses and get a lot of blood and explosions to take the audiences mind off the fact that we just stole 7 bucks from each of them and call it a movie.

Last scene - Have camera fall back off the giant monster tied down and surrounded by hundreds of armed troops. Pan left to Doogie Howser who is setting up a mental link with the monster by touching it. Have Doogie say "It's afraid!" followed by soldiers cheers.

It's afraid? Really? Pure genius.

Actually, Starship Troopers isn't close to the worst. That distinction is reserved for Starship Troopers, 2, 3, and I believe IV.

KCWolfman
i pretend those movies don't exist. I am casual star wars fan with some knowledge of it. Like I know twin Ion engine and shit like that, but not in love with it. Darth Vader is my favorite bad guy all time. I make too many dumbass threads, someone make a "favorite bad guy poll!"

He was mine until I saw the prequels.

Not knowing who he was made him all the more evil and mysterious.

SDChiefs
That's Texas and Arizona. I haven't met many, if any, Rednecks out here in Utah, even when you get into the sticks. And there are a lot more polygamist camps in places like Idaho, Arizona, Texas and the like.

Nice try. But USC and UCLA ain't from San Diego. SDSU is though. They're pretty good, right? And when I think about it, it seems to me that UCLA has gotten the absolute shit kicked out of it the last couple times it played the Utah college teams. As a San Diegoian making a claim for LA college teams to be his, I'd think you'd be more aware of the recent history between them.

Anyway, I like San Diego. It's a nice town. The zoo is overrated though.

No. Every story I hear about that is from UTAH. Never claimed they were San Diego teams. If you go back and read my post. I said within a 2 hr drive. Last I checked LA is 100 miles unless its moved drastically since 2 weeks ago when I was there. But we do have UCSD which is one of the highest rated schools in the country academically. And SDSU has one of the highest rates of STDs in the country. So there. LOL. The Zoo is one of the best in the world. I have been to several other zoos in several other states and they are animals behind bars. Yay. Did you get a chance to check out the Wild Animal Park?

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Actually, Starship Troopers isn't close to the worst. That distinction is reserved for Starship Troopers, 2, 3, and I believe IV.

At least they weren't sold as feature blockbusters!!

I was lied to. I still demand my money back.

Demonpenz
09-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Au contraire mon frere. SLC's nightlife is actually quite good. There are numerous places where you can go see a very good band on any night of the week and it's fast and easy to get to just about every place in the valley. Kicks the shit out of Overland Park, and beats the drive to Westport all day long. And John Stockton was the best point guard to play in the NBA. Ever. So there. Pfffft.

I have seen slc punk, that is what i imagine utah to be. Who the hell has heard of the utah scene, of course you think it's good, just imagine a place like KC where we alone get GARTH FUCKING BROOKS!

SDChiefs
09-25-2009, 02:05 PM
From the New World encyclopedia of what the appropriate punishment is for people who say they don't like The Empire Strikes Back (at least in England):

To be drawn and quartered was the penalty ordained in England for the crime of treason for not appreciating Episode V of the original Star Wars trilogy. It is considered by many to be the epitome of cruel punishment, and was reserved for the crime of treason against haters of Star Wars as this was deemed more heinous than murder and other capital offenses. The grisly punishment included the drawing of the convicted to the gallows, often by horse, the hanging of the body until near death, disembowelment and castration, followed by the beheading of the body, and finally the quartering of the corpse, or the division of the bodily remnants into four pieces. The punishment was carried out in public, with the ridicule of the crowd adding to the criminal's suffering.

This is awesome! Rep.

JohnnyV13
09-25-2009, 02:05 PM
dune was a good movie

Only if you never read the book. Then its a steaming pile of kaka.

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 02:10 PM

Which Dune?

Original, horrid, nasty, filthy adaptation.

Mini-series - Okay, not disastrous. At least it kept with the storyline.

Demonpenz
09-25-2009, 02:11 PM

there is alot of people on this board that love dune. david lynch is a winner

Saccopoo
09-25-2009, 02:22 PM
Statham, good?

You must have missed "In the Name of the King", "Transporter 3", "Chaos", etc etc

I only mentioned Snatch. Since then, he has become THE actor that has made Christian Slater look good in comparison.

And I can't believe you didn't like In the Name of the King. I thought Statham really pulled out one, if not his finest acting role since Snatch in that one. I thought he held his own against the great Burt Reynolds.

JohnnyV13
09-25-2009, 02:34 PM
The Weatherman. DVD box said its "part American Beauty".... which part? Like they are both movies made in America?

I can't believe anyone did not mention "Steel Magnolias".

JohnnyV13
09-25-2009, 02:40 PM
Another epically bad movie: "Where the Red Fern Grows" or something like that. I'm not entirely sure of the title.

Another bad One:

The Day After Tomorrow-somehow, global warming causes insta ice age.

HC_Chief
09-25-2009, 02:45 PM
Another epically bad movie: "Where the Red Fern Grows" or something like that. I'm not entirely sure of the title.

Another bad One:

The Day After Tomorrow is awful. Not a surprise; it was produced & directed by Roland Emmerich... pretty much everything he has done = steaming diarrhea.

JohnnyV13
09-25-2009, 02:46 PM
Bridget Jones' Diary-Rene Zellwegger, ole chipmunk face herself, as a fat chick's take on the meaning of life.

Dayze
09-25-2009, 02:48 PM

Another bad One:

I just saw that the other day on TNT for the first time.

Agree....horrible movie.

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Bridget Jones' Diary-Rene Zellwegger, ole chipmunk face herself, as a fat chick's take on the meaning of life.

Many women love that flick

But women's opinions don't matter when it comes to movie critique, because most of them watch the dumbest shit known to man.

tonyetony
09-25-2009, 03:06 PM
The Happening. Terrible just terrible.

Lumpy
09-25-2009, 03:10 PM
Many women love that flick

But women's opinions don't matter when it comes to movie critique, because most of them watch the dumbest shit known to man.

Hey now... I don't watch that shit! :cuss:

Chick flicks like that are for either a. high maintenance women w/ a limited vocabulary that consists of "oh my god", "like totally", and "whatever" or b. teenage girls practicing to become high-maintenance women.

Pestilence
09-25-2009, 03:15 PM
Hey now... I don't watch that shit! :cuss:

Chick flicks like that are for either a. high maintenance women w/ a limited vocabulary that consists of "oh my god", "like totally", and "whatever" or b. teenage girls practicing to become high-maintenance women.

In that case......I respectfully add these movies.

Message in a Bottle
The Notebook
Pretty Woman

Raised On Riots
09-25-2009, 03:30 PM
I was watching the movie, Awake, yesterday. It's downright awful. Great idea for a story, but it was just flat boring as hell with some gawdawful acting. Hell, even Jessica Alba's hotness in the movie couldn't keep me awake long enough to want to finish it. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

My God that movie sucked so much ass. Hayden is absolutely worthless.

Yep, it's pretty dumb.

Great hype machine, so-so movie.

I'm surprised that nobody has listed the "Police Academy" movies. ROFL

Epic suckage!

HEY! The first one was funny back in the day.

Baby Lee
09-25-2009, 03:33 PM
http://imagehost.epier.com/25450/JAN95.JPG

Drew at her best.

In a completely unrelated mindspace [with the exception of the subject being DB related], does anyone watch Mad Men and get the sense that the daughter is a more talented Drew?

Raised On Riots
09-25-2009, 03:34 PM
"Queen of the Damned"

That is the most epic book-mangler Hollywood has ever made. Why? Because it didn't just FAIL at fucking up ONE book to screen adaptation, it fucked up TWO.
In the same movie.
Just fucking horrible. Makes Twilight look like legitimate work.

"Howard the Duck".
I had forgotten all about that POS until Pablo started using it as a Sig. I decided to watch it on You Tube. I couldn't make it through the first 10 minutes.

munkey
09-25-2009, 03:35 PM
GI Joe

Baby Lee
09-25-2009, 03:37 PM

That movie has a different dynamic than 'hate' for me. I respected the unblinking darkness of it, but it was still off-putting. I'd call it a 'good movie I nevertheless hated.'

Baby Lee
09-25-2009, 03:49 PM
there is alot of people on this board that love dune. david lynch is a winner

DP bought the 25 lb test line, and the Marlin snagging gear.

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 04:15 PM
http://imagehost.epier.com/25450/JAN95.JPG

Drew at her best.

In a completely unrelated mindspace [with the exception of the subject being DB related], does anyone watch Mad Men and get the sense that the daughter is a more talented Drew?

Gross

Baby Lee
09-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Gross
Noted.

Contrarian
09-25-2009, 04:34 PM
Saccopoo gotta disagree with you on Clerks 2. Anytime you have Jay doing the dance of the silence of the lambs it's awesome. And besides it's the only movie with a true Jackson 5 tribute dance. Plus the slam on the Lord of the rings was priceless.

Raised On Riots
09-25-2009, 04:38 PM
Saccopoo gotta disagree with you on Clerks 2. Anytime you have Jay doing the dance of the silence of the lambs it's awesome. And besides it's the only movie with a true Jackson 5 tribute dance. Plus the slam on the Lord of the rings was priceless.

As was the slam on the Transformers.

Contrarian
09-25-2009, 04:57 PM
Agreed!!

KcMizzou
09-25-2009, 05:07 PM
I never knew there was a movie, but I probably read the book about 10 times as a kid. Great book.

svuba
09-25-2009, 05:53 PM
90% of all Adam Sandler Movies are unwatchable

Click, Little Nicky, Mr deeds to name a few

I love the 28 Days later series ...obviously some do not.

How about some controversial ones:
I thought the movie speed was lame.
300 - Dumbest movie ever?

I don't like the new trend in action movies (like the new Bond movies) where the camera is focused in super close during action scenes to increase the "Intensity" Really it is just nauseating.

Quantum of Solace - Worst Bond movie Ever?

Pestilence
09-25-2009, 05:53 PM
90% of all Adam Sandler Movies are unwatchable

Click, Little Nicky, Mr deeds to name a few

I love the 28 Days later series ...obviously some do not.

How about some controversial ones:
I thought the movie speed was lame.
300 - Dumbest movie ever?

I don't like the new trend in action movies (like the new Bond movies) where the camera is focused in super close during action scenes to increase the "Intensity" Really it is just nauseating.

Quantum of Solace - Worst Bond movie Ever?

Your and idiot.

svuba
09-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Your and idiot.

sew R U
300 was stupid

whoman69
09-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Very Bad Things

listopencil
09-25-2009, 06:07 PM
North Shore.

The only movie I have ever walked out on. Perhaps the worst movie of all time.

Raised On Riots
09-25-2009, 06:48 PM
I never knew there was a movie, but I probably read the book about 10 times as a kid. Great book.

Yep, that book was required Okie reading back in the day.

BWillie
09-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Most people didn't like Jumper. But I thought it was good, but they could of done soo much more with the premise.

Fairplay
09-25-2009, 08:01 PM
Last of the Mohicans

This is the only movie i disagree on Dayze. I thought it was great.

Fairplay
09-25-2009, 08:02 PM
North Shore.

The only movie I have ever walked out on. Perhaps the worst movie of all time.

I've walked out on plenty of movies.

cardken
09-25-2009, 08:04 PM

Katie Holmes prior to being Cruise-missled. And Drew Barrymore Good form Far..but Far from Good.

Fairplay
09-25-2009, 08:04 PM
28 Days Later

I likey this one.

TEX
09-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Rhinestone

RJ
09-25-2009, 08:09 PM
sew R U
300 was stupid

I know a lot of people on this board liked it, but I thought it was horrible. It was like watching a video game, which might be fun for some but not for me.

I was hoping for great battle scenes, instead I got a cartoon.

Raised On Riots
09-25-2009, 08:12 PM
I know a lot of people on this board liked it, but I thought it was horrible. It was like watching a video game, which might be fun for some but not for me.

A good first time watch, but definitely no replay value.

Fairplay
09-25-2009, 08:12 PM

I'll take it his career tanked in movies, anyway. Thank god.

He was one annoying POS.

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 08:16 PM

Just the opposite for me.

It was over the top, it had to be.

How can you convey to 90% of your audience that soldiers who KNEW they were going to die would hold on as long as they did and as well as they did? You make it larger than life. You avoid the fact that most of the Persian soldiers were untrained farmers, you make your soldiers larger than life, killing giant wolves as kids. You make the Persian King a freak, a tremendous exceptionally strong, intelligent, charasmatic freak. You splash blood like watered down paint and you slow motion the better attacks that go against every rule of physics.

Now Troy - That truly sucked. How can you take a war that lasted ten years, a war of treachery, intelligence, love, and utter servitude and trade it in for a two week jaunt with sneak stab by Brad Pitt instead of the intense powerful titanic invulnerable warrior that Ajax was supposed to be.

RJ
09-25-2009, 08:18 PM
If this thread proves anything, it's that a lot of people pay to watch a lot of movies they don't like.

I've seen a few posts here about how all of so-and-so's movies are terrible. JFC, why do you keep watching them?

I have very little time for watching movies these days, so when I do it pisses me off if I pick a bad one. As I get older, time often matters more than money.

RJ
09-25-2009, 08:29 PM

How can you convey to 90% of your audience that soldiers who KNEW they were going to die would hold on as long as they did and as well as they did? You make it larger than life. You avoid the fact that most of the Persian soldiers were untrained farmers, you make your soldiers larger than life, killing giant wolves as kids. You make the Persian King a freak, a tremendous exceptionally strong, intelligent, charasmatic freak. You splash blood like watered down paint and you slow motion the better attacks that go against every rule of physics.

Now Troy - That truly sucked. How can you take a war that lasted ten years, a war of treachery, intelligence, love, and utter servitude and trade it in for a two week jaunt with sneak stab by Brad Pitt instead of the intense powerful titanic invulnerable warrior that Ajax was supposed to be.

I think I was hoping for epic battle scenes, along the lines of Braveheart or LOTR. But many of the battle scenes turned out to be video game animation. Nothing against animation - LOTR had plenty - but I felt like I was watching a movie made to appeal to a 20 something gamer. Which I probably was.

Lately, I've come to accept that I am no longer the target audience for most movies. In fact, I don't know what the hell I'm the target audience for.

Golf, maybe?

Are 50 y/o men "tweeners" of sorts?

Friendo
09-25-2009, 08:42 PM
"Tommy"
Ken Russell classically f***ed up a Classic concept album.

Saccopoo
09-25-2009, 08:51 PM

Jesus Christ Troy was bad. Horrendous. Brad Pitt was horrible. Worse than horrible. The problem for Troy was that Alexander came out at the same time. Troy had all the makings of one of the worst movies ever, but all the negatives went to Alexander instead.

Raised On Riots
09-25-2009, 08:52 PM
Jesus Christ Troy was bad. Horrendous. Brad Pitt was horrible. Worse than horrible. The problem for Troy was that Alexander came out at the same time. Troy had all the makings of one of the worst movies ever, but all the negatives went to Alexander instead.

Yep. One big POS that movie.

Sure-Oz
09-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Virus

JohnnyV13
09-25-2009, 09:42 PM

What sucked about Troy was that it COULD have been a good movie.

In fact, I sort of liked the ending, but the beginning and middle were so stupid, so full of idiocy, that it washed out the rather strong ending scene.

I mean, c'mon they had WW2 era beach obstacles (stakes set up in the beach) against pre classical ships? HELLLO...how f'n stupid can you get? They filmed an opposed beach landing scene!!!! In ancient frigg'n warfare!!!!

Jawshco
09-25-2009, 10:48 PM

no makeup...

She looks pretty hot to me. I guess our definition of fat and ugly must be far different. Drew was hot in Charlie's Angels & Ever After, though neither movie was great.

Mizzou_8541
09-25-2009, 10:49 PM
Paul Blart Mall Cop. I Redboxed it. Terrible, TERRIBLE decison.

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 10:55 PM
What sucked about Troy was that it COULD have been a good movie.

In fact, I sort of liked the ending, but the beginning and middle were so stupid, so full of idiocy, that it washed out the rather strong ending scene.

I mean, c'mon they had WW2 era beach obstacles (stakes set up in the beach) against pre classical ships? HELLLO...how f'n stupid can you get? They filmed an opposed beach landing scene!!!! In ancient frigg'n warfare!!!!

They evidently built a giant wooden horse within a week as well.

The Trojan War is one of my favorite stories of all time. What a horrid display of Americanism.

Sure-Oz
09-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Paul Blart Mall Cop. I Redboxed it. Terrible, TERRIBLE decison.
I actually thought it was kind've silly....it wasn't that bad imo

I expected it to be horrible as hell but i guess i kinda like kevin james

Jawshco
09-25-2009, 10:57 PM

I know that I'll get very little agreement here, but I actually liked Wyatt Earp better than Tombstone. Both movies are good, but Tombstone is a melodramitic popcorn flick while Earp is more of an Epic film. I also thought Kilmer was cartoonish(albeit cool) as Doc. Quaid transformed into a whispy Doc Holiday that was far closer to most photos and descriptions of the actual man. Both are great movies, I'll pick the one with more depth.

KCWolfman
09-25-2009, 10:58 PM
I know that I'll get very little agreement here, but I actually Wyatt Earp better than Tombstone. Both movies are good, but Tombstone is melodramitic popcorn flick while Earp is more of an Epic film. I also thought Kilmer was cartoonish(albeit cool) as Doc. Quaid transformed into a whispy Doc Holiday that was far closer to most photos and descriptions of the actual man. Both are great movies, I'll pick the one with more depth.

Yup, same genres but greatly different styles. I liked both.