PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs With the first pick in the NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select....

Hoover
09-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Sure looks that way.

KCChiefsMan
09-27-2009, 01:59 PM
another bust

teedubya
09-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Is there a DT from LSU available?

KCinNY
09-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Some scrub who can't play?

Silock
09-27-2009, 02:01 PM
I hope our first pick is in the late 2nd round, because we traded down so much to get more picks. We need talent everywhere. 1 superstar isn't going to do shit.

Fritz88
09-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Don't jump too fast. We have Tampa and Cleveland fighting for the first pick.

milkman
09-27-2009, 02:02 PM
I hope our first pick is in the late 2nd round, because we traded down so much to get more picks. We need talent everywhere. 1 superstar isn't going to do shit.

No one wants to trade up into the top 5.

Hope dashed, yet again.

Stanley Nickels
09-27-2009, 02:03 PM
Russell Okung or Eric Berry (plus O-line the following two rounds AT LEAST) or I'll be irate. PS I'm thinking we draft third or fourth

Silock
09-27-2009, 02:03 PM

Hope dashed, yet again.

You never know. Maybe we can trade our 1st for a bundle of talent from somewhere else.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-27-2009, 02:04 PM
B5TA

Bane
09-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Prob anyone from LSU/ LS LOOSE!!!!

LaChapelle
09-27-2009, 02:06 PM
I will give them 5-6 more games for improvement.

Bowser
09-27-2009, 02:06 PM
The best offensive lineman out there. And his mom.

Bane
09-27-2009, 02:07 PM
Off the subject but Sanchez and the JETS sure looked good playing that don't loose the game football!!!!!ROFL

Psyko Tek

Hope dashed, yet again.

that's the truth
who what's jamarcus russel

the need a rookie slot system for first 3 years
you do something then you get paid

KCChiefsMan

no no no no, you don't draft offensive lineman, you just dont and Mark Sanchez and Matt Ryan are going to suck in the NFL

the Talking Can
I hope we draft Tebow.

DeezNutz
09-27-2009, 02:09 PM
...someone who was projected to go 25-32.

BigChiefFan
Consensus best player, who ever that is. Screw drafting for position.

Bane
I hope we draft Tebow.

As stupid as we have been the last 5 years,would that surprise you?

JuicesFlowing
09-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Can we trade our #1 pick for 5 good O-linemen? Actually I like Albert ... okay, 4 O-linemen?

JuicesFlowing
09-27-2009, 02:11 PM
I hope we draft Tebow.

Why? Cassel is pretty good when he has blocking every 10th play..

chiefzilla1501
09-27-2009, 02:12 PM

If Albert gets better, then no.

But we need to use at least two picks in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round on interior linemen.

Bowser
09-27-2009, 02:13 PM
I hope we draft Tebow.

He would make a hell of an H-Back in this offense.

Spott
09-27-2009, 02:13 PM
I hope we draft Tebow.

That would be the first pick in the 4th round.

the Talking Can
09-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Why? Cassel is pretty good when he has blocking every 10th play..

i was kidding

Cassel was fine, he is not our problem

crazychiefsfan
I hope we draft Tebow.

Yea thats the answer :rolleyes:

JuicesFlowing

LOL yeah

Bowser
If Albert gets better, then no.

But we need to use at least two picks in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round on interior linemen.

Big if. If there is a no-brainer dominant left tackle, take him, move Albert to guard, move Waters to center, move Niswanger to right guard, and take a right tackle in the 4th or so.

Bowser
09-27-2009, 02:15 PM

Bullshit. God demands that Timmy Tee go first overall.

RustShack
09-27-2009, 02:17 PM
A LT who doesn't get multiple penalties every game. Maybe move our current LT to LG where he belongs.

Micjones
09-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Better get used to drafting Offensive Linemen.

Bowser
09-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Better get used to drafting Offensive Linemen.

Just as long as they grab some linebackers and receivers along the way.

Micjones
09-27-2009, 02:19 PM

I'm sure they will, but the OL is their priority. HAS to be.

kcpasco
09-27-2009, 02:19 PM

And I wouldnt' mind having a competent safety either

BigChiefFan
09-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Russell Okung has my vote at this point. He's considered the best LT prospect at this point and maybe the best player in the draft.

Thig Lyfe
09-27-2009, 02:20 PM
WE SHOULD TAKE TIM TEBOW SO HE CAN RUN THE WILDCAT WITH THIGGY!

kcpasco
09-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Everyone talks about our Linebackers sucking on D, but the safeties on this team are just as much garbage.

Bowser
09-27-2009, 02:22 PM
I'm sure they will, but the OL is their priority. HAS to be.Agreed.

And I wouldnt' mind having a competent safety either
I'm all for picking a guy up in free agency for that. Luckily, we have a little wiggle room under the cap for that, especially next year.

Bowser
09-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Everyone talks about our Linebackers sucking on D, but the safeties on this team are just as much garbage.

I'm of the opinion that our safeties are better. Essentially, they are doing TWO jobs - their responsiblies in the called defensive play, and covering for our suckass, non tackling, bad angle taking, wrong gap filling linebackers. They got a lot of shit on their plate.

BigChiefFan
09-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Agreed.

I'm all for picking a guy up in free agency for that. Luckily, we have a little wiggle room under the cap for that, especially next year.
I think we will, if the top LT is available when we pick. Albert will have to be moved.

FloridaMan88
09-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Does it really matter at this point? And let's stop with the "you can't blame Pioli for this season" garbage.

He had an entire offseason, with high picks in virtually every round of the draft, and a ton of salary cap room to make dramatic improvements to the Chiefs roster and other than adding Cassel he did virtually nothing until the preseason when it was painfully obvious the Chiefs were lacking in the talent department.

Pioli is a fat piece of shit who is nothing more than a Belicheck wannabe until he proves otherwise. And so far he is off to a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE start. If Clark Hunt had half a scrotum (which he doesn't) he'd force Pioli, Denny Thum, Todd Haley and every other "Executive Level" employee within the Chiefs organization to come out tomorrow and apologize to the taxpayers of Jackson County, the Kansas City metro-area and Chiefs fans everywhere for this worthless pile of garbage they have put forth the first month of the season.

It is PATHETIC and HUMILIATING.

The Bad Guy
09-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Pioli is a fat piece of shit who is nothing more than a Belicheck wannabe until he proves otherwise. And so far he is off to a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE start. If Clark Hunt had half a scrotum (which he doesn't) he'd force Pioli, Denny Thum, Todd Haley and every other "Executive Level" employee within the Chiefs organization to come out tomorrow and apologize to the taxpayers of Jackson County, the Kansas City metro-area and Chiefs fans everywhere for this worthless pile of garbage they have put forth the first month of the season.

God you are a fucking tard.

Yes, he sucks because he's a fat piece of shit. I'd love to see what type of gem you look like.

Mr. Laz
09-27-2009, 03:49 PM
we are better than cleveland

|Zach|
09-27-2009, 03:49 PM
we are better than cleveland
And the Rams.

Saccopoo
09-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Big if. If there is a no-brainer dominant left tackle, take him, move Albert to guard, move Waters to center, move Niswanger to right guard, and take a right tackle in the 4th or so.

How about move Waters to free agency? Guy is way too slow and missed about 734 blocks today alone. For some weird reason, he seemed to be a lot better when he was surrounded by Roaf and Weigmann.

At this point, after watching this game, I wouldn't mind getting Russ Okung of OSU in the first, Zane Beadles of Utah in the second/third and someone like John Jerry of Ol Miss in the fourth.

notorious
09-27-2009, 04:39 PM
I just hope that a one year wonder rises up in the college ranks that gets a lot of NFL teams in a frenzy to get him.

If that happens maybe we can trade down and waste 2 picks instead of one.

notorious
09-27-2009, 04:41 PM
How about move Waters to free agency? Guy is way too slow and missed about 734 blocks today alone. For some weird reason, he seemed to be a lot better when he was surrounded by Roaf and Weigmann.

At this point, after watching this game, I wouldn't mind getting Russ Okung of OSU in the first, Zane Beadles of Utah in the second/third and someone like John Jerry of Ol Miss in the fourth.

He only missed 731 1/2 blocks today. When two linemen blow a block on one D-Lineman, they split the FAIL.

Saccopoo
09-27-2009, 04:53 PM
He only missed 731 1/2 blocks today. When two linemen blow a block on one D-Lineman, they split the FAIL.

So you are saying that Waters/Albert or Waters/Niswanger missed only seven or so blocks on a defensive lineman? You are a kind hearted, generous person.

the Talking Can
09-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Does it really matter at this point? And let's stop with the "you can't blame Pioli for this season" garbage.

He had an entire offseason, with high picks in virtually every round of the draft, and a ton of salary cap room to make dramatic improvements to the Chiefs roster and other than adding Cassel he did virtually nothing until the preseason when it was painfully obvious the Chiefs were lacking in the talent department.

talk about humiliating...oh, and pathetic

notorious
09-27-2009, 05:01 PM
So you are saying that Waters/Albert or Waters/Niswanger missed only seven or so blocks on a defensive lineman? You are a kind hearted, generous person.

If a O-Lineman completely wiffs, or doesn't acknowledge a defensive player running right by, is it still considered a missed block?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-27-2009, 05:05 PM
As stupid as we have been the last 5 years,would that surprise you?

Not at all. It would be so fitting too. It would be perfect. It would be the icing on this miserable fucking cake.

Sam Hall
09-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Reality is setting in for me and I'm pissed that drafting Tyson Jackson means the Chiefs won't draft Ndamukong Suh.

Bowser
09-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Reality is setting in for me and I'm pissed that drafting Tyson Jackson means the Chiefs won't draft Ndamukong Suh.

Don't be upset! He'll be waiting for us in the third round.

Sanka
09-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Since we got Jackson to line up opposite of Dorsey, we should draft Brandon LaFell to line up opposite of Dwayne Bowe.

Im joking!

soundmind
09-27-2009, 06:17 PM
A man we shall call The Solution.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0824/recruit_g_rokung1_600.jpg

Also, we trade Brian Waters, and move Albert down to LG where he becomes a perennial pro-bowler.

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Dunlap, Berry, or Mays

Raptor
09-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Select the AFC Pro-Bowl Starting Offensive Line.

Oh, we can't do that? Damn!!!!:banghead:

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 06:27 PM
you def can't draft for Position this upcoming year... you have to take the most talented players available regardless, we need some game changers.... hell we should have done that this year

soundmind
09-27-2009, 06:45 PM
you def can't draft for Position this upcoming year... you have to take the most talented players available regardless, we need some game changers.... hell we should have done that this year

If that's in response to the Okung posts, I think you're missing the point. He's both of those things. However, I do like what I see in Taylor Mays...

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 06:47 PM
If that's in response to the Okung posts, I think you're missing the point. He's both of those things. However, I do like what I see in Taylor Mays...

No I have no problem with Okung... it was just a desperate plea for some talent on this team

soundmind
09-27-2009, 06:58 PM
No I have no problem with Okung... it was just a desperate plea for some talent on this team

This guy certainly peaks some interest in the creation of a legitimate defense...

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-l6sQh5bGyg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-l6sQh5bGyg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Hammock Parties
09-27-2009, 07:03 PM
A man we shall call The Solution.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0824/recruit_g_rokung1_600.jpg

Also, we trade Brian Waters, and move Albert down to LG where he becomes a perennial pro-bowler.

The funny thing is if Albert doesn't improve this would actually be a pretty good idea, after all the whining about it this offseason.

RJ
09-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Allow me to jump on the "trade down" bandwagon now.

Mecca
09-27-2009, 07:04 PM
You aren't going to be able to move a top 5 pick, just deal with that.

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 07:04 PM
This guy certainly peaks some interest in the creation of a legitimate defense...

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-l6sQh5bGyg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-l6sQh5bGyg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Hell yeah... he's a stud.... I wouldn't complain about him or Berry

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 07:06 PM
You aren't going to be able to move a top 5 pick, just deal with that.

This year there are better players in the Top 5 IMO... so I'm not sure trading down would even be that great

BigChiefFan
09-27-2009, 07:06 PM
I'll take the LT over the safety, please.

TrickyNicky
09-27-2009, 07:07 PM
BPA all day.

Best Punter Available. Anyone else see Colquitt doggin it out there with those 35 yarders? Not going to cut it.

Mecca
09-27-2009, 07:08 PM
I'll take the LT over the safety, please.

Yea I take it you haven't seen these guys play.

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 07:08 PM
yeah but if that safety is the second coming of Ed Reed or Sean Taylor... than you cannot pass on them merely because of their position

Mecca
09-27-2009, 07:09 PM
Tell me who the better players are because I can point to 3 guys but I dunno who's gonna move for them and frankly if this team moved down to not take one of those guys they deserve to be a shitty franchise.

The Bad Guy
09-27-2009, 07:09 PM
If the Chiefs pass on Eric Berry, I will go postal. You just can not find someone who can play center field like him. He's NFL ready. He is the most fundamental safety I think I've ever seen coming out.

Yeah, we need offensive lineman. Find some in free agency and with the 2 second rounders.

Do not fucking pass on Eric Berry.

Mecca
09-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Here's what I'll say, if you trade down to get a couple extra picks so you can take Russell Okung instead of Eric Berry, you deserve to suck.

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 07:11 PM
If the Chiefs pass on Eric Berry, I will go postal. You just can not find someone who can play center field like him. He's NFL ready. He is the most fundamental safety I think I've ever seen coming out.

Yeah, we need offensive lineman. Find some in free agency and with the 2 second rounders.

Do not ****ing pass on Eric Berry.

This..... dude can do just about everything back there

BigChiefFan
09-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Yea I take it you haven't seen these guys play.I take you haven't seen our O-line play? When there's a player that is considered possibly the best player in the draft and he fills a huge need, you consider that a coup and draft accordingly.

Of course, I've seen both of them play. Highly touted LTs will always go higher than highly touted safteties, especially considering, when the team drafting has a huge need at LT.

The Bad Guy
09-27-2009, 07:13 PM
This..... dude can do just about everything back there

The middle of the field wouldn't be open with Eric Berry. That's where the Eagles gashed us was because Page is far too slow in diagnosing plays.

Eric Berry would be an incredible upgrade.

Mecca
09-27-2009, 07:13 PM
I take you haven't seen our O-line play? When there's a player that is considered possibly the best player in the draft and he fills a huge need, you consider that a coup and draft accordingly.

Of course, I've seen both of them play. Highly touted LTs will always go higher than highly touted safteties, especially considering, when the team drafting has a huge need at LT.

Sorry you pass on an elite level playmaker for an OT when you can draft an OT a round later, you deserve to be a franchise that is made fun of.

Mecca
09-27-2009, 07:14 PM
If anyone here honestly thinks it's a great idea to take Okung or Trent Williams instead of Mays or Berry, you have issues and need help.

BigChiefFan
09-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Sorry you pass on an elite level playmaker for an OT when you can draft an OT a round later, you deserve to be a franchise that is made fun of.
Okie is considered the best prospect by many, AHEAD of Mays and Berry.

Mecca
09-27-2009, 07:16 PM
Okie is considered the best prospect by many, AHEAD of Mays and Berry.

Anyone who thinks that is a drooling dipshit.

Eric Berry and Taylor Mays are rare prospects that rarely come around. If you want to tell me Carlos Dunlap is a better one I can buy that, the OT's no.

You won't find those 3 guys anywhere else in the draft a capable starting OT can be had in the next round, you don't need a top 5 OT to get it done.

kcpasco
09-27-2009, 07:20 PM
With Carr and Flowers and then you add a guy like Berry or Mays to the secondary, OMG the Chiefs might actually have something for other teams to envy.

Mecca
09-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Plus the Chiefs constantly get destroyed down the middle, it's not like it's not an issue.

BigChiefFan
09-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Anyone who thinks that is a drooling dipshit.

Eric Berry and Taylor Mays are rare prospects that rarely come around. If you want to tell me Carlos Dunlap is a better one I can buy that, the OT's no.

You won't find those 3 guys anywhere else in the draft a capable starting OT can be had in the next round, you don't need a top 5 OT to get it done.I guess Walters is a drooling dipshit, then. Sorry, that somebody disagrees with your precious USC players, but they're both safeties. Quality guys, but tying up top 5 money on a saftey is highly debateable on whether or not it's wise, no matter how good of a PROSPECT. It's so funny to see you act so high and mighty with your picks, as if you're some kind of college player guru. Just because I don't toot my horn on my picks, doesn't make my points any less valid. Great players, but throwing the 1st overall pick on a safety is borderline insanity.

Mecca
09-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Eric Berry and Carlos Dunlap play for SC?

Really since when?

Do you think Ed Reed is worth a #1 pick?

BigChiefFan
09-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Berry and Mays.

Are just looking for a fight?

Mecca
09-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Eric Berry is the best player in the draft, that's the entire premise here.

FloridaMan88
09-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Draft a franchise caliber left tackle, move Albert to right tackle and find a starting right guard and center in free agency.

milkman
09-27-2009, 07:41 PM

We take Berry in the first, who do you have in the second?

I haven't watched a lot of Ole Miss, does Greg Hardy transition to an OLB in a 34, or does he not have the speed?

and if we are picking in the #4-#8 range, is Sergio Kindle on your radar?

Mecca
09-27-2009, 07:43 PM

I haven't watched a lot of Ole Miss, does Greg Hardy transition to an OLB in a 34, or does he not have the speed?

I would not play Hardy standing he's 6'5 275 and he's had some foot problems and really has a hard time staying healthy I kind of question him just for his durability problems.

I like Kindle but he has the Texas flag...

One of the OT's will fall to the top of the 2nd and for rush backers I'm a supporter of Ricky Sapp.

KC kid
09-27-2009, 07:46 PM
I am all on the eric berry bandwagon. However, it does pain me to think of taking a safety in the top 5.

Spott
09-27-2009, 07:49 PM
How sorry is this fucking franchise when we are already waiting on the draft in September?

FloridaMan88
09-27-2009, 07:49 PM
The Chiefs are going to have quite the competition for that #1 overall pick with Tampa, Cleveland and St. Louis.

Red Coater
09-27-2009, 07:50 PM
we need to make a splash in Free agencey next year and stop waiting for the left overs

Noss
09-27-2009, 07:50 PM
Another bust defensive lineman and three other bust defensive players with the following three picks.

Mecca
09-27-2009, 07:51 PM
The Chiefs are going to have quite the competition for that #1 overall pick with Tampa, Cleveland and St. Louis.

As long as they leave one of the players we want we're ok.

Noss
09-27-2009, 07:55 PM

You can eliminate Cleveland we are playing them this year. :banghead:

KC kid
09-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Will Sam Bradford come out? Where does he factor in?

Mecca

After getting hurt I highly doubt he goes back...unless he doesn't play again this year.

Spott
It looks like the 1st pick of the draft will be playing in Missouri next year.

BigChiefFan
09-27-2009, 08:02 PM
He's definitely one of the best players in the draft, but ignoring his position as the top overall pick isn't as cut and dry as you make it. Serious consideration has to be taken. That's some serious coin for a safety. ONLY ONE safety has gone as the top overall pick. ONE. That's worthy of healthy debate, not the mud-slinging crap of earlier.

Mecca
09-27-2009, 08:04 PM
I don't care about mudslinging but I'm tired of the OL argument, it seems half the board always wants to take a damn offensive lineman with a top 5 pick.

Chiefnj2
09-27-2009, 08:10 PM

Norwood outplayed Hardy by a large margin this past Thursday.

luv
09-27-2009, 08:11 PM

We do not want Bradford.

FloridaMan88
09-27-2009, 08:12 PM
I don't care about mudslinging but I'm tired of the OL argument, it seems half the board always wants to take a damn offensive lineman with a top 5 pick.

Maybe that's because the Chiefs have selected one offensive lineman in the first three rounds of the draft (Albert in 2008) since taking John Tait in the first round 10 years ago.

Mecca
09-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Maybe that's because the Chiefs have selected one offensive lineman in the first three rounds of the draft (Albert in 2008) since taking John Tait in the first round 10 years ago.

Great, the Giants have the best OL in the league and they used exactly 0 1st round picks to do it, it's not required.

I don't think you should ever use a top 10 pick on an offensive lineman.

Coach
09-27-2009, 08:16 PM
Great, the Giants have the best OL in the league and they used exactly 0 1st round picks to do it, it's not required.

I don't think you should ever use a top 10 pick on an offensive lineman.

With an exception if there is a franchise LT.

Mecca
09-27-2009, 08:18 PM
With an exception if there is a franchise LT.

I would still only do that if there was no other player comparable to take.

I believe you build your OL in rounds 2 and on and in FA.

KC kid
09-27-2009, 08:20 PM
We do not want Bradford.

I am not saying we want Bradford. I am wondering how coveted he is and what kind of trade value he would have for a team wanting him.

Mecca
09-27-2009, 08:21 PM
If you want Berry you can't be trading down, he's a top 5 pick.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-27-2009, 08:24 PM
I am not saying we want Bradford. I am wondering how coveted he is and what kind of trade value he would have for a team wanting him.

He's no "Woozy Jesus".

http://a123.g.akamai.net/f/123/12465/1d/www.nationalpost.com/sports/2038485.bin?size=404x272

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 08:44 PM
I can't fathom that after watching Mays and Berry play how you could not want them on your team... if I had the 1st pick in the draft this year I'm picking Berry I couldn't care less that he's a safety

ChiefsCountry
09-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Carlos Dunlap is better than both of the safeties. But he is totally worthless to us.

Mecca
09-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Carlos Dunlap is better than both of the safeties. But he is totally worthless to us.

Yea I love this change now.

KC kid
09-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Why is Dunlap worthless to us?

Garcia Bronco
09-27-2009, 08:51 PM
You want Suh

Mecca
09-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Why is Dunlap worthless to us?

Cause he's Mario Williams basically, in a 3-4 he's useless. You don't want a 4-3 edge rushing end.

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Cause he's Mario Williams basically, in a 3-4 he's useless. You don't want a 4-3 edge rushing end.

exactly... which makes one of the safeties the best option for us in the top 5

ChiefsCountry
09-27-2009, 08:54 PM
You want Suh

We have two Suhs already.

KC kid
09-27-2009, 08:54 PM

Oh yeah. I just looked up his size. When I watch Florida play, he looks more like 270 than 300 pounds..

philfree
09-27-2009, 09:02 PM
We'll trade away Waters move Albert to LG and draft a LT with the first pick in the 2010 NFL Draft. :doh!:

PhilFree:arrow:

ChiefsCountry
09-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Somebody like Ciron Black with the Atlanta pick would be solid for OL.

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 09:06 PM
you take a playmaker with a top 5 pick.... good lineman can be found in the 2nd and 3rd rounds...

KC kid
09-27-2009, 09:07 PM
What is everyone's opinion on Benn out of Illinois? Is he a top ten type talent? Is WR in round one an option?

I think the way it looks now. You go Berry or Mays with the first pick and o Line and wr in round 2. I will shoot anyone that wants to go tight end in the top 3 rounds.

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm no draft guru... but I like Benn , and the big 12 homer in me likes Dez Bryant but I don't know Id take either one if we're picking as high as I think we will

KC kid
09-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Of course, we will probably draft brandon graham

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Or Lafell from LSU :doh!:

tonyetony
09-27-2009, 09:14 PM
We should select one RB and spend the rest on OL. We need a whole new line. Albert might be serviceable with four new guys that have some talent. Waters isn't getting any younger or better and I really shouldn't have to tell anyone who watched the game today how bad the rest of this line is.

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 09:18 PM
I like Jahvid Best from Cal... but I'm not sure he's worth the pick... running backs have a short shelf life and they seem to be easily found lately.

KC kid
09-27-2009, 09:22 PM
If you spend your entire draft on Offensive linemen, you are just like carl peterson. You wait until there is a glaring weakness and then try to fix it at once while another aspect suffers

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 09:25 PM
If you spend your entire draft on Offensive linemen, you are just like carl peterson. You wait until there is a glaring weakness and then try to fix it at once while another aspect suffers

not taking the BPA is why we are in this mess.... shit for just one example look at my avatar... we took DJ cause we "needed" defense and passed on a franchise QB.... and that's just one of several examples

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Put your mocks together, look at each round, and think of the worst possible 180 each of those rounds could take, and there's your 2010 draft.

BryanBusby
09-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Best player available that fits within the mold, sans kickers of course for obvious reasons. This team just needs talent in general.

Berry, Suh, Kindle, Dunlap, Okung, Williams, Mays. Take a pick.

tonyetony
09-27-2009, 09:31 PM

You have good point, but if you have a top 10 OL in the NFL your very rarely kept out of the playoffs.

kcpasco
09-27-2009, 09:33 PM
You have good point, but if you have a top 10 OL in the NFL your very rarely kept out of the playoffs.

We went to the playoffs only 1 time with Vermeil, and he had one of the best OL's ever according to some.

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 09:33 PM

you can get a top ten O-line without using high picks on them... the giants have been mentioned as they are probably the best example... the patriots have built some decent lines in the past as well using late 1st and 2nd rounders

ChiefsCountry
09-27-2009, 09:34 PM

Umm guess the Chiefs in the early part of this decade blows this theory out of the water.

milkman
09-27-2009, 09:34 PM

And if you have a top ten OL with no playmakers, you rarely advance.

Mecca
09-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Someone point to me a team that has 2 top 15 picks on the OL on their roster.

ChiefsCountry
09-27-2009, 09:36 PM
I would rather have a top 5 defense and top 5 qb than a top 5 ol.

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 09:36 PM

I think you will be waiting a while for that one

Mecca
09-27-2009, 09:37 PM
The OL stuff is completely overblown around here, the Chiefs should be ripped for not using 2nd and 3rd and 4th round picks on offensive lineman, but 1sts no.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-27-2009, 09:37 PM

(sigh)...This.

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 09:38 PM

This..... that seems to be how you build a winner... a great QB can make an average O-line look like a great one

Mecca
09-27-2009, 09:39 PM
The offensive line is about coaching, numerous lowly drafted or even undrafted OL become good players...maybe the fact that the Chiefs can't coach offensive lineman is the problem not the number of picks.

BryanBusby
09-27-2009, 09:39 PM
The OL stuff is completely overblown around here, the Chiefs should be ripped for not using 2nd and 3rd and 4th round picks on offensive lineman, but 1sts no.

Agreed. This team really needs to figure out how to pluck O-Line talent beyond the first round. Or hell, this team really needs to figure out that yes, there is actually offensive line players eligible to be draft and it's perfectly fine to pick em.

tonyetony
09-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Usually when your rebuilding the first thing that is addressed is the OL. We won't do shit until we do address the problem. If we address it through FA then fine, but don't go that route and expect it to come cheap. I'd be fine selecting a new LT in the first and moving Albert. I'd take the best two linemen available with our seconds and if someone falls to the third that should be gone I'd take them as well.

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 09:44 PM
The offensive line is about coaching, numerous lowly drafted or even undrafted OL become good players...maybe the fact that the Chiefs can't coach offensive lineman is the problem not the number of picks.

I also think the lack of a franchise QB has set our O-line back... you need continuity to build a great line... how long have Eli and his O-line been together like 5 seasons? I think that has a great deal to do with their success

Sam Hall
09-27-2009, 09:44 PM
I hope they actually get a good trade offer for their first round pick this year. We're so screwed right now, I don't think it would be a good idea to draft a safety with a top 5 pick. That's not what we need if we have to make a huge investment.

Mecca
09-27-2009, 09:46 PM
I also think the lack of a franchise QB has set our O-line back... you need continuity to build a great line... how long have Eli and his O-line been together like 5 seasons? I think that has a great deal to do with their success

See unlike us when our line was good the Giants are smart and have foresight..Kareem McKenzie is getting old and Diehl plays well at LT but it's not his natural position so what do they do?

Use a 2 on William Beatty so he can learn to be their LT for a year or 2 before he plays...

milkman
09-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Usually when your rebuilding the first thing that is addressed is the OL. We won't do shit until we do address the problem. If we address it through FA then fine, but don't go that route and expect it to come cheap. I'd be fine selecting a new LT in the first and moving Albert. I'd take the best two linemen available with our seconds and if someone falls to the third that should be gone I'd take them as well.

So you're suggesting that the Chiefs use the first 4 picks in the draft on O-Linemen next year?

Is that what I'm reading?

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 09:52 PM
I hope they actually get a good trade offer for their first round pick this year. We're so screwed right now, I don't think it would be a good idea to draft a safety with a top 5 pick. That's not what we need if we have to make a huge investment.

normally I'm with you on the safety front.... but these two are rare players and guys who you would want to have on your team... if we would have had one of them last week against the Raiders... we prob stop the raiders in that last drive and win...

tonyetony
09-27-2009, 09:53 PM
If we plan on bringing in more Mike Goffs through free agency, then yes that's what I'm suggesting.

Mecca
09-27-2009, 09:54 PM
First round picks should be playmakers, without playmakers you'll never win.

I don't want anymore nice hardworking Tamba Hali's I want playmakers.

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 09:55 PM

This.... times one million

milkman
09-27-2009, 09:55 PM
If we plan on bringing in more Mike Goffs through free agency, then yes that's what I'm suggesting.

If we are planning on bringing in more Mike Goffs through free agency, how do we know they won't bring in more Mike Goffs in the draft?

tonyetony
09-27-2009, 10:06 PM
If we are planning on bringing in more Mike Goffs through free agency, how do we know they won't bring in more Mike Goffs in the draft?

There's always that chance but right now we're sitting there waiting to pick off practice squad players for our OL depth. If we don't go after the top tier OL in free agency and spend some cap money we'll never get skill position free agents to sign their career away by coming here and will have to trade picks for them, it's a viscous cycle. We have a shit load of needs on this team but none as glaring as O linemen. If we have have to dedicate four picks to at least try and resolve it then so be it.

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 10:15 PM
call me greedy but I want someone who wins games... makes big plays in big games that decide the outcome.. in my top 5 pick... that's what upset me about the Jackson pick... he could turn out to be a beast but he's never going to be the kind of playmaker you want out of that pick

alanm
09-27-2009, 10:23 PM
In order to get the 1st pick the Chiefs will have to out suck the Lambs. They would have to raise their suck to another level. :spock:

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 10:24 PM
In order to get the 1st pick the Chiefs will have to out suck the Lambs. They would have to raise their suck to another level. :spock:

don't forget the Browns... they are right there with us and they are in a Brutal division they might nudge past us

TrickyNicky
09-27-2009, 10:30 PM

The closest you will get is Carolina with Gross and Otah.

chiefzilla1501
09-27-2009, 10:36 PM

We saw today how important Polamalu is to that Steelers' defense. I'm starting to believe that in 3-4s these days, having a really good safety is about the second surest way to improve a defense (next to having a solid nose tackle).

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 10:39 PM
We saw today how important Polamalu is to that Steelers' defense. I'm starting to believe that in 3-4s these days, having a really good safety is about the second surest way to improve a defense (next to having a solid nose tackle).

this..... had he been healthy you would have to think Pitt wins that game

soundmind
09-28-2009, 08:48 AM
This team had better go NUTS on OLine in free agency. I don't care what they want, pay them. Fire all offensive position coaches, rid yourself of most of the defensive coaches as well and get to work. I'd like to see us sign no less than 2 or 3 O-lineman in FA because while draft picks are fun, they're a risk, and more often than not, take far too long to develop.

Addressing the offensive line with proven players would really open up the draft for the aforementioned "playmaker". Do I think a Safety should be considered with the #1 overall selection.....wow, that's hard to even type. But, you have to agree that we need to draft the most playmakinist son of a bitch available, in at least two rounds.

RIVERA FOR DC!!!

Chiefnj2
09-28-2009, 08:50 AM
Free agency isn't going to be worth a shit with an uncapped year.

soundmind
09-28-2009, 09:41 AM
Free agency isn't going to be worth a shit with an uncapped year.

I'm afraid you're right on that.

Which is one of a handful of reasons I hate Roger Goodell. How could you allow the league to go uncapped, and absolutely ruin a finely-working parity machine (like it will ever be capped again).

A toast:

Here's to collusion and a Chiefs franchise that mirrors the Royals. Spending $15/year on talent, $20M/year on marketing, and lose, and lose, and lose.