PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Outside of bitching Here what do you do to change thing?

Otter
09-28-2009, 08:20 AM
I'm just curious.

HonestChieffan
09-28-2009, 08:26 AM
Donate time and money to the candidates I support and plan to do more than ever in the next congressional go round.

Otter
09-28-2009, 08:31 AM
Donate time and money to the candidates I support and plan to do more than ever in the next congressional go round.

I'm just curious because everyone here has a big mouth (me too) but at the end of the day outside bitching and moaning what happens at the end of the day?

My big problem with government is illegal immigration. I show up at every reason within 50 miles and donate good cash to fighting illegals try to make sure sure their asses are kicked out of my country.

Anything else besides letting off some steam? You boys cry though, maybe someone will be along to dry your tears shortly.

HonestChieffan
09-28-2009, 08:41 AM
I write a ton of letters on key issues and will be a volunteer on a congressional campaing...its time for all of us to get involved and take the government away from these nutjobs.

patteeu
09-28-2009, 08:55 AM
I dump piles of manure on democrat yard signs to cover them up.

When I hear a democrat political ad on the radio or TV, I get loud or create some kind of diversion to keep people from paying attention to the sweet lies being told.

***SPRAYER
09-28-2009, 09:00 AM
I'm just curious.

I can't say, I'll get arrested.

Otter
09-28-2009, 09:13 AM
I dump piles of manure on democrat yard signs to cover them up.

When I hear a democrat political ad on the radio or TV, I get loud or create some kind of diversion to keep people from paying attention to the sweet lies being told.

Your production seems to be in the front running. Congrats.

wild1
09-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Take Congress back from the criminals next year

memyselfI
09-28-2009, 09:24 AM
Donate time and money to causes I believe in. Be it standing on a corner with a sign, working a phone bank, writing letters, signing petitions, blogging on issues...

any little bit helps.

Otter
09-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Donate time and money to causes I believe in. Be it standing on a corner with a sign, working a phone bank, writing letters, signing petitions, blogging on issues...

any little bit helps.

Salute' :clap:

BucEyedPea
09-28-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm just curious because everyone here has a big mouth (me too) but at the end of the day outside bitching and moaning what happens at the end of the day?

My big problem with government is illegal immigration. I show up at every reason within 50 miles and donate good cash to fighting illegals try to make sure sure their asses are kicked out of my country.

Anything else besides letting off some steam? You boys cry though, maybe someone will be along to dry your tears shortly.

I've attempted a citizen's arrest on one illegal. Called the Sheriff and the owner of the company the illegal worked for. I ask them point blank are you in this country illegally. Most avoid answering until I press them; then some lie. That's when I ask for their papers.

I gave to Campaign for Liberty.

I call my senators and congressman.

I enlighten people....'er try to that is.

***SPRAYER
09-28-2009, 11:30 AM
Take Congress back from the criminals next year

Whoever replaces them will inevitably become criminals too. I hate to say it but thats the truth.

Garcia Bronco
09-28-2009, 11:49 AM
I'd fix things by fixing thing by following the Consititution.

Otter
09-28-2009, 11:59 AM
I've attempted a citizen's arrest on one illegal. Called the Sheriff and the owner of the company the illegal worked for. I ask them point blank are you in this country illegally. Most avoid answering until I press them; then some lie. That's when I ask for their papers.

Thank you for being you BEP. :toast:

I just find it amazing. People will spend literally hours upon hours a month bitching and moaning but they will not take the 10 minutes it takes to write their congressman.

Pretty funny, no? Hypocritical maybe? This place amazes me.

***SPRAYER
09-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Thank you for being you BEP. :toast:

I just find it amazing. People will spend literally hours upon hours a month bitching and moaning but they will not take the 10 minutes it takes to write their congressman.

Pretty funny, no? Hypocritical maybe? This place amazes me.

I send money to the Heritage foundation, but most of the money that I donate goes to charities like DAV.

blaise
09-28-2009, 12:03 PM
I can't lie. I do pretty much nothing oustide of just bitching and complaining.

***SPRAYER
09-28-2009, 12:04 PM
I can't lie. I do pretty much nothing oustide of just bitching and complaining.

What else can we do? Vote?

ROFL

Vote for who? They all suck.

HonestChieffan
09-28-2009, 12:12 PM

You left out "Controlling Banyons Mind"

Demonpenz
09-28-2009, 12:14 PM
I support the right to make undocumented Mexicans get money by eating at mexican places

RJ
09-28-2009, 12:24 PM
There aren't nearly as many people on here bitching as there seem to be.

mlyonsd
09-28-2009, 12:29 PM
I walk to the mailbox every day to see if any of that $787 billion dollar stimulus money blew into it overnight.

I'm sad to report repeated negative findings.

FishingRod
09-28-2009, 12:41 PM
I smoke so I pay lots of extra taxes and use Biodegradable toilet paper. Oh to cut down on their methane emissions... I'm Eating all the Cows I can .

banyon
09-28-2009, 01:02 PM
I dedicated my life to public service and forewent significantly greater income in the private sector.

I also volunteer and serve with both charity and community organizations.

FishingRod
09-28-2009, 01:23 PM
I dedicated my life to public service and forewent significantly greater income in the private sector.

But are you eating the cows?

Taco John
09-28-2009, 01:29 PM
I donate money to the Campaign for Liberty. During the last presidential campaign, I donated over the course of it at least $500, spent a lot of time on letter writing campaigns and local awareness raising, participated in the republican caucuses, even got an opportunity to go on Fox News to represent the Ron Paul grass roots, I educate myself on economics (among other issues) -- and of course, I vote.

***SPRAYER
09-28-2009, 01:50 PM

For a better pension and job security. :rolleyes:

You say it like you made some sort of sacrifice.

Iowanian
09-28-2009, 01:54 PM
Federally? I vote, pay taxes, and I'm doing what I can to help keep the business and life affairs of my brother that uncle Sam borrowed for another year+.

Locally and privately, I think it is fair to say that I do more than my share.

Brock
09-28-2009, 01:55 PM
I dedicated my life to public service and forewent significantly greater income in the private sector

I predict you won't be doing that forever.

Iowanian
09-28-2009, 02:00 PM
HEY! I buy Federal ammuntion to protect my 2nd ammendment rights!

oldandslow
09-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Honestly, I have done a lot of soul searching since Obama was elected.

I had always believed, that it is best to work at a local level, and after being betrayed by my last vote, nationally, I have dedicated myself completely to local matters.

So over the last 6 months or so...

I have pruchased groceries for a family in need.
I have given money to the South Dakota Wildlife Fund.
Helped a neighbor burn off his native prairie last spring.
Lived almost exclusively off what we have raised, hunted, or grown.
Participated in a local Farmers' Market.
Stopped driving except for emergencies or to visit family or friends.

etc., etc.,

I do not plan to vote for anything above local, district level again.

Direckshun
09-28-2009, 02:09 PM
This is a decent enough question -- but the question is... why didn't Bush do more to change a damn thing?

You bitch about what Dems want to do to a healthcare system YOU HATE. What did you encourage Bush to do?

You bitch about how Dems want to handle Afghanistan, a war YOU SUPPORTED. What did you encourage Bush to do?

etc etc

Brock
09-28-2009, 02:19 PM
This is a decent enough question -- but the question is... why didn't Bush do more to change a damn thing?

You bitch about what Dems want to do to a healthcare system YOU HATE. What did you encourage Bush to do?

You bitch about how Dems want to handle Afghanistan, a war YOU SUPPORTED. What did you encourage Bush to do?

etc etc

Speaking for myself, I don't want a new healthcare system, so I encouraged Bush to do nothing. Your second question is logically unsound. Criticizing the way Obama is handling Afghanistan has nothing to do with what Bush did. It's Obama's war now to run as he sees fit.

blaise
09-28-2009, 02:49 PM

etc etc

Um, that's not the topic. He's asking what you personally do or did outside the message board to cause any change.

Brock
09-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Um, that's not the topic. He's asking what you personally do or did outside the message board to cause any change.

He uses his green voice when offline.

patteeu
09-28-2009, 03:08 PM

There's a growing group of ChiefsPlanet members who believe that English is not Direckshun's first language.

HonestChieffan
09-28-2009, 03:12 PM

And how many unemployed new law grads will there be this year? Most who dont get a job making the big bucks will also dedicate their lives to some such oranother.

Jenson71
09-28-2009, 03:22 PM
I got me some ideals about the public schooling system in are country today.

BucEyedPea
09-28-2009, 03:26 PM
For a better pension and job security. :rolleyes:

You say it like you made some sort of sacrifice.

That his line of work is on nailing people for the state. ROFL

JHC my Dad worked for the post office for those reasons.

We either be a fuckee or a fucker.

2bikemike
09-28-2009, 03:52 PM
I have written several letters to my reps on issues that concern me. I contributed cash to candidates that I support. And I voted against those that I don't.

The problem for me is I have 2 entrenched Senators in a state that will not change course. Sometimes I feel its a huge waste of time to write but I do it anyway.

Calcountry
09-28-2009, 04:31 PM

I enlighten people....'er try to that is.Oh, and you play "War is Stupid", by Boy George real REAL LOUD.

wild1
09-28-2009, 04:42 PM
Speaking for myself, I don't want a new healthcare system, so I encouraged Bush to do nothing. Your second question is logically unsound. Criticizing the way Obama is handling Afghanistan has nothing to do with what Bush did. It's Obama's war now to run as he sees fit.

his MO is to ask if you love Bush and the Republican party and/or or the way they did something in the past, and if you express any reservation then you must support the whole of Obama's beliefs and policies.

Calcountry
09-28-2009, 04:42 PM

etc etcWhen we stopped at the rest area, and I took a shit, and I asked you, "why didn't you take a shit?", you said, "I didn't need to take a shit!", then, we get on the road, and a half an hour later you say, "I need to take a shit!". Hope that answers your questions.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-28-2009, 05:14 PM
I'm running for Mayor, who can i count on here?

Pioli Zombie
09-28-2009, 06:19 PM
I can't say, I'll get arrested.
you're a piece of shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

banyon
09-28-2009, 07:23 PM
I predict you won't be doing that forever.

I've already declined several more lucrative offers, FWIW.

banyon
09-28-2009, 07:25 PM
But are you eating the cows?

Uh, yes I eat cows?

banyon
09-28-2009, 07:27 PM
And how many unemployed new law grads will there be this year? Most who dont get a job making the big bucks will also dedicate their lives to some such oranother.

Most will just choose not to practice law.

As I already stated, I actually took a pay cut voluntarily to do what I'm doing. So, your surreptitious insult is without merit.

There are sure some hate-filled POS's on this board.

***SPRAYER
09-28-2009, 08:22 PM
That his line of work is on nailing people for the state. ROFL

JHC my Dad worked for the post office for those reasons.

We either be a ****ee or a ****er.

Exactly. And not for nothing, the average pay for a lawyer with ten to twenty years experience is $100,000 annually, both in the private and public sector. In fact, I bet in the long run, the government hack does better.

***SPRAYER
09-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Most will just choose not to practice law.

As I already stated, I actually took a pay cut voluntarily to do what I'm doing. So, your surreptitious insult is without merit.

There are sure some hate-filled POS's on this board.

You're so full of shit.

:rolleyes:

kcfanXIII
09-28-2009, 09:48 PM
You're so full of shit.

:rolleyes:

as much as i disagree with banyon, he's usually pretty good about keeping an intelligent debate going. unlike some. as i've said about you before, your racist banter, and your lack of intelligent arguments, give the entire opposition a bad name. you are the one the liberals will point to and say, see they are all crazy and racist. just keep your mouth shut, or go away again.