PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security They Can't Say they were not warned

HonestChieffan
09-29-2009, 07:46 AM
Akmanutjob has to know that the end of his game will be ugly.
http://story.israelherald.com/index.php/ct/9/cid/f81a4d9d561822ee/id/547748/cs/1/

Saudis will allow Israel to bomb Iran's nuclear site
Israel Herald
Sunday 27th September, 2009
(ANI)

London, Sep 27 : Premier British intelligence agency, MI6 chief, has been told that Saudi Arabia will permit Israel to fly over the kingdom to bomb Iran's nuclear sites.

The MI6 chief discussed the issue in London with Mossad chief Meir Dagan and Saudi officials after British intelligence officers helped to uncover the plant, in the side of a mountain near the ancient city of Qom.

Both Tel Aviv and Riyadh see the site as a major threat. Details of the talks emerged after John Bolton, America's former UN ambassador, told a meeting of intelligence analysts that "Riyadh certainly approves" of Israel's use of Saudi airspace.

Foreign Secretary David Miliband acknowledged that the danger of a nuclear arms race in the Middle East was "particularly potent" and refused to rule out military action altogether, but he insisted: "We are 100 per cent focused on a diplomatic solution."

Prime Minister Gordon Brown, US President Barack Obama and French President Nicolas Sarkozy have warned Iran's leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad that he must allow in weapons inspectors or face more sanctions.

The scene is set for a showdown next Thursday when Iranian officials meet representatives of the E3+3 group of Britain, France, Germany, the US, Russia and China in Geneva, The Daily Express reports.

Significantly, Russia, which has previously resisted pressure for sanctions, said it also found the latest disclosures disturbing.

British, US and French intelligence agencies detected the site near Qom three years ago.

Diplomatic sources said it could hold 3,000 centrifuges, capable of making enough enriched uranium to build a nuclear bomb each year.

patteeu
09-29-2009, 07:58 AM
BucEyedPea says that the Saudis are just doing Israel's bidding and that King Abdullah is a neocon!

memyselfI
09-29-2009, 08:07 AM
Great, just how much of what is left of the American soul did we have to sell to the Saudis for this? They aren't doing this for our good, you know. :eek:

***SPRAYER
09-29-2009, 08:11 AM
If you think the economy is bad now, wait until the Persian Gulf gets shut down.

RINGLEADER
09-29-2009, 08:22 AM
If Israel attacks they're going to have to either use/threaten the use/prepare to use nuclear weapons for the inevitable response from Iran. Unless they're planning to wipe out Iranian airbases and missile batteries as part of the attack.

Diplomacy with mad people won't get results without the overt threat of force.

Chief Henry
09-29-2009, 08:28 AM
If Israel attacks they're going to have to either use/threaten the use/prepare to use nuclear weapons for the inevitable response from Iran. Unless they're planning to wipe out Iranian airbases and missile batteries as part of the attack.

You are just a right wing neocon :D But I agree completly with you that Israel will have to take out everything - not just the nukes in hiding.

What will the price of crude spike to when this happens ?

Amnorix
09-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Quick, we need to figure out how this is all Obama's fault.

blaise
09-29-2009, 09:36 AM

Just half the people need to do that. The other half just need to figure a way it's the previous administration's.

***SPRAYER
09-29-2009, 09:38 AM

Nobody is saying it's his fault, but you moonbats and B.O. kept saying all during the election how he was gonna bring the world together.

Seems to me it's coming unglued and fast.

blaise
09-29-2009, 09:38 AM
If they bomb Iran they should just claim it was a hoax afterwards.

Amnorix
09-29-2009, 09:39 AM
Just half the people need to do that. The other half just need to figure a way it's the previous administration's.

I'm fairly inclined to blame Iran, myself.

Just sayin'...

:shrug:

Warrior5
09-29-2009, 09:39 AM

ROFL

wild1
09-29-2009, 09:40 AM
If you think the economy is bad now, wait until the Persian Gulf gets shut down.

Better off in the longrun if Iran gets slapped down. Especially if we don't have to be involved in a public way.

Amnorix
09-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Nobody is saying it's his fault, but you moonbats and B.O. kept saying all during the election how he was gonna bring the world together.

Seems to me it's coming unglued and fast.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming

http://p.images.blip.tv/Riverwired-ChuckGoesHunting147.jpg

HonestChieffan
09-29-2009, 09:47 AM
The missed opportunity was during the election that everyone knows was rigged yet Obama was more into investigations of the CIA than in using their skills to support the opposition within Iran.

***SPRAYER
09-29-2009, 09:53 AM
We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming

-ChuckGoesHunting147.jpg[/img]

I realize you don't want to talk about it.

***SPRAYER
09-29-2009, 09:59 AM
Obama's gonna change it! Obama's gonna leeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaddd uuuuuuuuuussssssssss....

He's gonna spread hope!

He's gonna spread free--EEEE--eeedooommmmmmm...

ROFL

Obama's gonna free the world!

patteeu
09-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Great, just how much of what is left of the American soul did we have to sell to the Saudis for this? They aren't doing this for our good, you know. :eek:

They're doing it for their own good. They recognize Iran as a threat to the entire region just like the people paying attention here do.

memyselfI
09-29-2009, 10:36 AM
They're doing it for their own good. They recognize Iran as a threat to the entire region just like the people paying attention here do.

No, they are not. They are doing because they will have us/US over a barrel in yet one more way...

Donger
09-29-2009, 10:37 AM
You are just a right wing neocon :D But I agree completly with you that Israel will have to take out everything - not just the nukes in hiding.

What will the price of crude spike to when this happens ?

$100+ easily.

Donger
09-29-2009, 10:39 AM
No, they are not. They are doing because they will have us/US over a barrel in yet one more way...

I don't understand your reasoning. If they have us over the barrel, why are they "helping us" via Israel?

JohnnyV13
09-29-2009, 10:45 AM
The Saudis have the worlds largest proven oil reserves and a tiny population that's dwarfed by both Iran and Iraq. The Saudis exist only because of US intervention in the region. Left to their own devices, the Saudi Royal family would be conquered by either Iran or Iraq.

Hence, a nuclear iran scares the saudis more than us.

BigRedChief
09-29-2009, 10:48 AM
Great, just how much of what is left of the American soul did we have to sell to the Saudis for this? They aren't doing this for our good, you know. :eek:They will be offering us incentives to get involved. Not the other way around. Jezzz your hatred of Obama has clouded your judgement. Its in their own self interest. The second Iran gets the nukes they will be threatning the Saudi Royals as blasephemous rules of the holy sites.

KCWolfman
09-29-2009, 12:17 PM
If they bomb Iran they should just claim it was a hoax afterwards.

My Lord, that is hilarious!!!

KILLER_CLOWN
09-29-2009, 01:23 PM
:(

Sad how many people have no regard for human life, nevermind the fact that most of Iran is Pro-west, now we have to kill a million or so just like in iraq to create Chaos and despair in the region. Sounds like the work of the devil to me.

KCWolfman
09-29-2009, 01:31 PM
:(

Sad how many people have no regard for human life, nevermind the fact that most of Iran is Pro-west, now we have to kill a million or so just like in iraq to create Chaos and despair in the region. Sounds like the work of the devil to me.

Too bad most of Iran doesn't make their policy decisions, eh?

BucEyedPea
09-29-2009, 01:32 PM

Really? Even if Iran has no nuclear bomb? That sounds like a war crime.

BucEyedPea
09-29-2009, 01:33 PM
The Saudis have the worlds largest proven oil reserves and a tiny population that's dwarfed by both Iran and Iraq. The Saudis exist only because of US intervention in the region. Left to their own devices, the Saudi Royal family would be conquered by either Iran or Iraq.

Hence, a nuclear iran scares the saudis more than us.

They'd more likely be overthrown by their own people. Keep believin' in the lies about Iran's nuclear capability. This war may also just end American freedom at home too.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-29-2009, 01:36 PM
They'd more likely be overthrown by their own people. Keep believin' in the lies about Iran's nuclear capability. This war may also just end American freedom at home too.

Lady liberty is currently laying in a pool of her own blood, just waiting for the last head stomp.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-29-2009, 01:37 PM

Like i've stated all along i don't believe Iran is not cooperating, it is our duty to fulfill the Nuclear non proliferation treaty and get in their to help them build. That is the easiest way to know what their building.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-29-2009, 01:39 PM

Most Americans don't make American policy either. Maybe one of these days the Chinese will kill all of us. But it's cool. We can just blame Obama.

KCWolfman
09-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Most Americans don't make American policy either. Maybe one of these days the Chinese will kill all of us. But it's cool. We can just blame Obama.

LOL, yup, their elections are just like ours.

KCWolfman
09-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Like i've stated all along i don't believe Iran is not cooperating, it is our duty to fulfill the Nuclear non proliferation treaty and get in their to help them build. That is the easiest way to know what their building.

And again, I ask, why build nuclear instead of 3 or 4 refineries?

KILLER_CLOWN
09-29-2009, 01:44 PM
And again, I ask, why build nuclear instead of 3 or 4 refineries?

Still cheaper and more effecient, they will continue to sell us oil since we can't drill here.

KCWolfman
09-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Still cheaper and more effecient, they will continue to sell us oil since we can't drill here.

Not at all. The cost of 3 refineries, which should supply the entire nation is substantially cheaper.

How many years have they been refining and building now?

KILLER_CLOWN
09-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Not at all. The cost of 3 refineries, which should supply the entire nation is substantially cheaper.

How many years have they been refining and building now?

What else do they export? I have no doubt they would like a nuclear weapon because generally countries that have them are not walked all over.

KCWolfman
09-29-2009, 01:51 PM
What else do they export? I have no doubt they would like a nuclear weapon because generally countries that have them are not walked all over.

They would still have mass exports after their internal usage.

It boils down to your last sentence, they believe they will be more powerful with nuclear weapons. Their leader is a crazed lying maniac. It certainly hasn't helped India and Pakistan though

KILLER_CLOWN
09-29-2009, 01:54 PM
They would still have mass exports after their internal usage.

It boils down to your last sentence, they believe they will be more powerful with nuclear weapons. Their leader is a crazed lying maniac. It certainly hasn't helped India and Pakistan though

I still don't see them as a threat to anyone, North Korea is much worse but we won't play with them because they have nukes.

KCWolfman
09-29-2009, 02:06 PM
I still don't see them as a threat to anyone, North Korea is much worse but we won't play with them because they have nukes.

So why give Iran the same power.

Amabombyou and Jong Il are the same wacko with different outfits.

If guarantees were made that overviewing of the procedures would be complete, I would be on your side. As it is Iran has agreed to inspection, but refuses to give a date or the extent - which leads me to believe they would not follow any procedures set forth.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-29-2009, 02:11 PM
So why give Iran the same power.

Amabombyou and Jong Il are the same wacko with different outfits.

If guarantees were made that overviewing of the procedures would be complete, I would be on your side. As it is Iran has agreed to inspection, but refuses to give a date or the extent - which leads me to believe they would not follow any procedures set forth.

Iran only seems to be defending themselves from other countries stirring the pot, to me it's all bravado.

KCWolfman
09-29-2009, 02:13 PM
Iran only seems to be defending themselves from other countries stirring the pot, to me it's all bravado.

Again, different perceptions. Neither of us will waver there.

Iran is an insular instigator, IMO.

Amnorix
09-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Really? Even if Iran has no nuclear bomb? That sounds like a war crime.

I wonder, based on your views regarding international law, what basis you have for finding the existence or lack thereof of war crimes?

memyselfI
09-29-2009, 03:22 PM
I don't understand your reasoning. If they have us over the barrel, why are they "helping us" via Israel?

They are in a no lose situation. They hate both Israel and Iran. What better way to deal with the both of them than war? The US needs their help to help Israel. The Saudis will do nothing out of the goodness of their hearts.

This also punks the US because the Saudis will turn around and raise oil prices due to 'unrest in the Middle East.'

They get a trifecta!!!

Amnorix
09-29-2009, 03:49 PM
They are in a no lose situation. They hate both Israel and Iran. What better way to deal with the both of them than war? The US needs their help to help Israel. The Saudis will do nothing out of the goodness of their hearts.

This also punks the US because the Saudis will turn around and raise oil prices due to 'unrest in the Middle East.'

They get a trifecta!!!

You get that the Saudis don't unilaterally decide oil prices, right? Not even close...?

memyselfI
09-29-2009, 04:12 PM
You get that the Saudis don't unilaterally decide oil prices, right? Not even close...?

You get that 'unrest in the Middle East' drives up oil prices, right? Don't you think with Israel/US at war with Iran that all the players won't seize the opportunity to drive up prices.

And it will be war. No way Israel attacks Iran and Iran does nothing in return. This could be the start of a huge regional conflict.

KCWolfman
09-29-2009, 04:15 PM
You get that 'unrest in the Middle East' drives up oil prices, right? Don't you think with Israel/US at war with Iran that all the players won't seize the opportunity to drive up prices.

And it will be war. No way Israel attacks Iran and Iran does nothing in return. This could be the start of a huge regional conflict.

Or vice versa with Israel and Iran
Posted via Mobile Device

wild1
09-29-2009, 04:30 PM

And Iran can match them in any way? in tech, in armament, in any way?

They'd mop the floor with them.

memyselfI
09-29-2009, 04:33 PM
And Iran can match them in any way? in tech, in armament, in any way?

They'd mop the floor with them.

No, but it won't be fought in the traditional warfare sense. Sheesh, haven't you idiots learned ANYTHING over the past decade. :doh!:

BucEyedPea
09-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Better off in the longrun if Iran gets slapped down. Especially if we don't have to be involved in a public way.

No it's not. We and Israel will outlast the Mullahs. This is not good for Americ and not in our interests. No one knows the full consequences of such an act. We can't afford another energy crisis or any other crisis. This is manufactured crisis for the purpose of warmongering. This could mobilize the dissidents of Iran behind the mullahs.

BucEyedPea
09-29-2009, 04:41 PM
No, but it won't be fought in the traditional warfare sense. Sheesh, haven't you idiots learned ANYTHING over the past decade. :doh!:

No they haven't.

KCWolfman
09-29-2009, 06:12 PM

I don't think Israel will have the same silly restraints we have put on ourselves since 1967.

BucEyedPea
09-29-2009, 06:13 PM
If this is done by Israel or the US and WWIII ( or IV depending in how you want to number the Cold War) breaks out I'm blaming you hawks.

Our bankrupt govt and economy cannot survive without full take over with another war particularly while we're still in two other countries. ( actually over 130)

memyselfI
09-29-2009, 07:44 PM
I don't think Israel will have the same silly restraints we have put on ourselves since 1967.

One MILLION Iranians lost their lives in the Iran/Iraq war. They have no problems with casualties or a war of attrition. The quickest way to ensure that the Iranian people rally behind Ahmednutjob and the mullah's is to engage with Israel in a proxy war. The Iranian population is made up mostly of young people who will become radicalized and nationalistic and fight.

I made similiar warnings about Afghanistan and Iraq almost ten years ago and no one listened. One would hope the US would have learned the lesson by now.

patteeu
09-29-2009, 10:15 PM

Why is North Korea "much worse"? North Korea hasn't been funding at least 2 proxy armies (Hamas and Hezbollah) and using them to stir up trouble in a region that is vital to US national security. North Korea hasn't threatened to cut off one of the world's major oil supply routes. And most of all, North Korea hasn't been involved in the killing of US soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.

IMO, the only senses in which North Korea is worse than Iran are (1) they are more involved in nuclear proliferation as far as we know, and (2) they already have a nuke. I can't think of a good reason why we'd want to let Iran erase the 2nd distinction by developing a nuclear weapon of their own.

patteeu
09-29-2009, 10:18 PM

If so, we should build a monument to George W. Bush for having the foresight to preposition US troops!

patteeu
09-29-2009, 10:19 PM
If this is done by Israel or the US and WWIII ( or IV depending in how you want to number the Cold War) breaks out I'm blaming you hawks.

Our bankrupt govt and economy cannot survive without full take over with another war particularly while we're still in two other countries. ( actually over 130)

WW IV (http://www.commentarymagazine.com/viewarticle.cfm/world-war-iv--how-it-started--what-it-means---and-why-we-have-to-win-9785) has already broken out. This would just be another flare up.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41iAZ9-9lBL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

KCWolfman
09-30-2009, 12:14 AM
One MILLION Iranians lost their lives in the Iran/Iraq war. They have no problems with casualties or a war of attrition. The quickest way to ensure that the Iranian people rally behind Ahmednutjob and the mullah's is to engage with Israel in a proxy war. The Iranian population is made up mostly of young people who will become radicalized and nationalistic and fight.

I made similiar warnings about Afghanistan and Iraq almost ten years ago and no one listened. One would hope the US would have learned the lesson by now.
Israel defeated superior numbers and armaments in 1967. They have no trouble with assassination, infiltrating, and bystander casualties. Even Hussein noted that he would not engage them because of their lack of regard for details in the devil.

Regardless, they will not have a simple 7 day war, but they would win in the end. The Iranian regime is weak yet tenacious. Iran would fall apart inside out.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-30-2009, 12:23 AM
Why is North Korea "much worse"? North Korea hasn't been funding at least 2 proxy armies (Hamas and Hezbollah) and using them to stir up trouble in a region that is vital to US national security. North Korea hasn't threatened to cut off one of the world's major oil supply routes. And most of all, North Korea hasn't been involved in the killing of US soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.

IMO, the only senses in which North Korea is worse than Iran are (1) they are more involved in nuclear proliferation as far as we know, and (2) they already have a nuke. I can't think of a good reason why we'd want to let Iran erase the 2nd distinction by developing a nuclear weapon of their own.

Like i said the more we threaten the more they will respond in kind, what else do you expect them to do? I've yet to see a country that is being threatened just lay down and say oh ok just kill us all.

BucEyedPea
09-30-2009, 12:24 AM
Israel defeated superior numbers and armaments in 1967. They have no trouble with assassination, infiltrating, and bystander casualties. Even Hussein noted that he would not engage them because of their lack of regard for details in the devil.

Regardless, they will not have a simple 7 day war, but they would win in the end. The Iranian regime is weak yet tenacious. Iran would fall apart inside out.

Israel won the war ( the conventional one) but they did not win the peace. Terrorism became a problem for them wearing her down over time.

KCWolfman
09-30-2009, 12:50 AM
Israel won the war ( the conventional one) but they did not win the peace. Terrorism became a problem for them wearing her down over time.

I don't think it was terrorism. I think it was a global effort to attempt to "tame" Israel while allowing vicious powers not only to coalesce but to thrive (see Arafat and Hamas).

Yet, I still wouldn't count them out just yet. I think they have the single best chance in all of the Middle East to be galvanized as a single thought nation when provoked. Iran will splinter easily if you strike at the head.

J Diddy
09-30-2009, 04:45 AM

I'm not really sure how you can say israel is worn down.