PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jared Allen Hall of Famer?

teedubya
10-05-2009, 09:23 PM
He is sooo dominant. I think if he keeps this up... he is a Hall of Famer.

That is all.

wildcat09
10-05-2009, 09:24 PM
I would have to agree.....if he keeps this pace up. His mullet is a thing of legend as well

wildcat09
10-05-2009, 09:25 PM
That would be one ugly bronze head......

Thig Lyfe
Yep, he's got that potential.

petegz28
Thank you, Carl, for running him off with a handful of other good players.

teedubya
10-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Good thing we got rid of him then.

Pooch
10-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Might be the last HOF we ever draft. Hated to see him go and hated it even more when we took Jackson this year!!

Hammock Parties
10-05-2009, 09:27 PM
He will have 100 sacks before he is 30, barring injury.

The rest is gravy for Canton.

cdcox
10-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Without doubt, he's on pace.

StcChief
10-05-2009, 09:28 PM
then he can really "win you, Dine you and 69 you."

Mama Hip Rockets
10-05-2009, 09:30 PM
remember when people thought he was overrated?

Dante84
10-05-2009, 09:32 PM
I just hope he doesn't break DT's record. I could really see that happening.

notorious
10-05-2009, 09:37 PM
I just hope he doesn't break DT's record. I could really see that happening.

Thank God we don't play Minnesota this year.

chefsos
10-05-2009, 09:39 PM
That would be one ugly bronze head......

...but one helluva speech. He's liable to crack open a beer right there at the podium.

teedubya
10-05-2009, 09:40 PM
http://twitter.com/Real_JaredAllen

wildcat09
10-05-2009, 09:41 PM
...but one helluva speech. He's liable to crack open a beer right there at the podium.

PBR would see a big spike in beer sales that weekend......

I would drive to Canton to witness that fiasco.

Hammock Parties
10-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Screw you, Carl.

Screw you.

El Chapo
10-05-2009, 09:51 PM
I guarantee you Idaho State will induct Allen into their Athletic HOF.

wildcat09
10-05-2009, 09:53 PM
I guarantee you Idaho State will induct Allen into their Athletic HOF.

Idaho State will name their dome after him. I played in a bowl game there when I was in junior college.......

teedubya
10-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Man... what a game. 4.5 sacks.

I will bump this thread in 2024.

JOhn
10-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Geez like i didn't need a reminder that we gave him away.... :banghead:

So much for my first Adopt-A-Chief:#

Rain Man
10-05-2009, 10:00 PM
He's on pace, most definitely.

mdstu
10-05-2009, 10:02 PM
http://twitter.com/Real_JaredAllen

Is this shit for real?
A parody couldn't be any funnier.

El Chapo
10-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Idaho State will name their dome after him. I played in a bowl game there when I was in junior college.......

Holt Arena?

RustShack
10-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Might be the last HOF we ever draft. Hated to see him go and hated it even more when we took Jackson this year!!

Jackson and Allen play different positions..

Bane
10-05-2009, 10:29 PM
I don't care who JA plays for,he's easy to root for.In my opinion if he keeps playing like this,the HOF is very reachable.That D line is just nasty all the way around!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

T-post Tom
10-05-2009, 11:42 PM
DAMNIT PEOPLE! HE'S A PLAYER AT RISK! .....didn't you get the memo? :banghead:

Taco John
10-06-2009, 01:44 AM
I heard he had more sacks since leaving KC than the entire KC defense has had in that time.

I also heard that he trains for agility by chasing squirrels and tacks a squirrel scrotum on his wall for each sack he gets.

Taco John
10-06-2009, 01:45 AM
I'm pretty sure only one of those is true though.

Saccopoo
10-06-2009, 02:27 AM
I'm pretty sure only one of those is true though.

I'm betting it's the squirrels nut sack thing.

Hootie
10-06-2009, 02:51 AM
I remember Sir Mecca LOVING the trade and HATING Jared Allen...like crazy.

BossChief
10-06-2009, 03:30 AM
If we had kept Jared and traded LJ to GB for the reported first, second and third, we might be a hot team by now.

Ah who am I kidding, Carl would have wasted the picks anyway and we would still have dumb and dumber running the show.

Wasnt Dicky V the one who wanted Jared anyway? I vaguely remember him jumping on the table during the draft wanting to select Jared.

If it were up to Vermiel, we would hzve had Brayton (the defensive player DV wanted in place of LJ) and Jared asxour ends.

Tiger's Fan
10-06-2009, 03:31 AM
I remember Sir Mecca LOVING the trade and HATING Jared Allen...like crazy.

He loved picking up Herm too.

Self appointed expert, yeah.

TheGuardian
10-06-2009, 05:31 AM
Even if Albert becomes a VERY dominant LT, it'd still be a wash trade wise because defensive ends like Allen come along very very rarely. I didn't like the trade when it happened and I hate it even more every year I get to watch him dominate in a Vikings uni while our pass rush is abysmal.

Mecca
10-06-2009, 05:35 AM
I wouldn't say I hated Jared Allen, he's even better now than he was here. Was I wrong there, yea I was wrong I have no problem saying that.

The problem was because our team was retarded and paid Larry Johnson we ended up in this situation. The Chiefs as everyone knows don't have the type of cash some of these other teams have, so basically ownership wasn't going to give that kind of money 2 years in a row.

So there you go we gave Jared Allen's money to LJ because that was Carl's boy and instead of Carl just saying that he went another route. So hey Claythan may love LJ but his contract is why Jared Allen wasn't kept because the Chiefs are a bit cheap when it comes to giving out huge money repeatedly.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-06-2009, 06:30 AM
If we had kept Jared and traded LJ to GB for the reported first, second and third, we might be a hot team by now.

Ah who am I kidding, Carl would have wasted the picks anyway and we would still have dumb and dumber running the show.

Wasnt Dicky V the one who wanted Jared anyway? I vaguely remember him jumping on the table during the draft wanting to select Jared.

If it were up to Vermiel, we would hzve had Brayton (the defensive player DV wanted in place of LJ) and Jared asxour ends.

No team was trading a first, second and third for LJ.... and if they would have offered it.... LJ wouldn't be here.

It's ridiculous. The Chiefs would have had trouble getting a first.

LJ and Allen were similar risky players. Allen was younger.... and plays more of a premium position. No way they traded Allen and kept LJ if a similar trade was even remotely possible.

The fact is that they wouldn't have gotten more than a first, and that would have been iffy.

Mecca
10-06-2009, 06:34 AM
No team was trading a first, second and third for LJ.... and if they would have offered it.... LJ wouldn't be here.

It's ridiculous. The Chiefs would have had trouble getting a first.

LJ and Allen were similar risky players. Allen was younger.... and plays more of a premium position. No way they traded Allen and kept LJ if a similar trade was even remotely possible.

The fact is that they wouldn't have gotten more than a first, and that would have been iffy.

Steven St John talked about this on 810 for a good 45 minutes he says he has good sources within the Chiefs organization that say they were offered a 1st and 2nd and everyone signed off on it but Carl who said "he's my guy I will not trade him".

I don't know how true that is but he fully believes they were offered that and Carl wouldn't do it because LJ was his guy.

Demonpenz
10-06-2009, 07:52 AM
Jarred is an elite player on an elite team. He would have been double teamed and with our secondary people would get open faster. He still would be an 7 or 8 sack a year dude with us, but don't plug him into the chiefs and get what you are seeing now. I Know he always played hard with the chiefs, but he is turning the level up a notch up there. On that turf.

wildcat09
10-06-2009, 06:00 PM
DAMNIT PEOPLE! HE'S A PLAYER AT RISK! .....didn't you get the memo? :banghead:

The only people at risk are opposing quarterbacks

unothadeal
10-06-2009, 06:45 PM
unothadeal

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l87/kdog414141/Picture5.jpg

TEX
10-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Jarred is an elite player on an elite team. He would have been double teamed and with our secondary people would get open faster. He still would be an 7 or 8 sack a year dude with us, but don't plug him into the chiefs and get what you are seeing now. I Know he always played hard with the chiefs, but he is turning the level up a notch up there. On that turf.

We saw almost this when he was with us. He made a difference even on a crappy _efense. He was All Pro, remember?

TEX
10-06-2009, 09:40 PM
I wouldn't say I hated Jared Allen, he's even better now than he was here. Was I wrong there, yea I was wrong I have no problem saying that.

The problem was because our team was retarded and paid Larry Johnson we ended up in this situation. The Chiefs as everyone knows don't have the type of cash some of these other teams have, so basically ownership wasn't going to give that kind of money 2 years in a row.

So there you go we gave Jared Allen's money to LJ because that was Carl's boy and instead of Carl just saying that he went another route. So hey Claythan may love LJ but his contract is why Jared Allen wasn't kept because the Chiefs are a bit cheap when it comes to giving out huge money repeatedly.

You are 100% correct. Once LJ signed, JA was out. The only play Carl had was to try and get him for cheap because of his drinking issues. JA wouldn't play that game. At the time I said that it would go down as one of the worst deals in Chiefs History. After seeing what we got, I;m more sure now than ever.

wildcat09
10-06-2009, 11:31 PM
unothadeal

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l87/kdog414141/Picture5.jpg

this needs more mullet