PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Teicher: Chiefs look at a wrestler

Tribal Warfare
10-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Chiefs look at a wrestler (http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1028)

As proof they are making an honest effort to find better offensive linemen, the Chiefs worked out a former All-American college wrestler who didn't play football at Kent State or even in high school, for that matter.

He is Jermail Porter, who had a brief trial in camp this year with the Patriots. There are no indications the Chiefs will sign Porter any time soon, but it's possible he could wind up as an off-season developmental project.

rockymtnchief
10-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Now we're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Demonpenz
10-07-2009, 10:29 AM
the 80's ruled the 90's sucked

round and round......

Sure-Oz
10-07-2009, 10:29 AM
pathetic

RedThat
10-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Yay! This ****ing team blows for good reason

loochy
10-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Awww and I was expecting that they were trying to get the Big Show as our new center.

Reerun_KC
10-07-2009, 10:31 AM
WTF is this shit?

HUH?

Okay this is getting laughable...

RedThat
10-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Clark Hunt sucks the penis.

Reerun_KC
10-07-2009, 10:33 AM
IF this is true, Pioli and Haley's approval rating is going to take a big hit.... Carl and Herm were a Joke, these two are catching up rather quickly!

Hammock Parties
10-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Oh, pipe down you retards.

It's not like he's starting at guard Sunday.

The Franchise
10-07-2009, 10:34 AM
So basically he's only getting looked at because the Patriots looked at him.

Reerun_KC
10-07-2009, 10:35 AM
I just checked the calendar, this isnt April 1st either...

WOW, desperate people do stupid things....

Reerun_KC
10-07-2009, 10:35 AM

:hmmm:

Sad isnt it....

RedThat
10-07-2009, 10:36 AM

Who you calling a retard. This team blows. Look at the moves they make and try to make. And Im not specifically referring to this move only. It's all the moves they've made in the last 3 years.

Sully
Wasn't one of the Pats' linemen the same type of guy they looked at?

RustShack
I think they might of looked at him because hes 6'5" 310 pounds and can obviously move well and fuck some people up.

Demonpenz
the big show is one of the people on earth that could run NT in a 3-4

RustShack
10-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Wasn't one of the Pats' linemen the same type of guy they looked at?

Yeah Neal was a college wrestler, not football player.

Fish
10-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Hulkamaniacs want a new RT.... OHhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhh..... can you hear me brother?

http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/MTV+TRL+Amanda+Bynes+Hulk+Hogan+5izANnZZSXnl.jpg

Gonzo
10-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Hulk Hogan: DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT SACKING THIS QUARTERBACK BROTHER!
I"LL WIPE THE FLOOR WITH YOU BROTHER!

I wonder if he'll hit a DE with a folding chair.

loochy
10-07-2009, 10:42 AM

If he did he'd probably get disqualified. I think NFL referees are more competent than WWF referees - barely.

Halfcan
10-07-2009, 10:43 AM
maybe they will sign the Hulkster next-lol

Hulkamania will sweep Arrowhead-I can see him running from side to side getting the crowd pumped up.

Halfcan
10-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Hulkamaniacs want a new RT.... OHhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhh..... can you hear me brother?

http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/MTV+TRL+Amanda+Bynes+Hulk+Hogan+5izANnZZSXnl.jpg

beat me to it

TEX
10-07-2009, 10:45 AM
IF this is true, Pioli and Haley's approval rating is going to take a big hit.... Carl and Herm were a Joke, these two are catching up rather quickly!

Yep.

raybec 4
10-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Now we're scraping the bottom of the barrel.
It took this for you to know that, really?

SenselessChiefsFan
10-07-2009, 10:48 AM
I applaud the effort. Talent comes from all over, and you never overlook anyone.

At least try the guy out and see what he's got.

raybec 4
10-07-2009, 10:52 AM
I applaud the effort. Talent comes from all over, and you never overlook anyone.

At least try the guy out and see what he's got.

You would hope that scouts and coaches would have better things to do during the season than trying out guys who are obviously not going to make an impact this year. Scouting draft choices and opponents and implimenting a gameplan are not the least of them.

Fish
10-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Wrestling does provide a lot of the physical skills needed for football. Balance, core strength, conditioning, leverage, etc.

It's just ****ing crazy enough to work fellas....... :BLVD:

RustShack
10-07-2009, 10:55 AM
You would hope that scouts and coaches would have better things to do during the season than trying out guys who are obviously not going to make an impact this year. Scouting draft choices and opponents and implimenting a gameplan are not the least of them.

There aren't many guys this time of the year who could make an impact on this year... I have no problems at all with trying to find good players even if it effect this year.

raybec 4
10-07-2009, 10:57 AM
There aren't many guys this time of the year who could make an impact on this year... I have no problems at all with trying to find good players even if it effect this year.

That's my point, why bother with him right now? who's spot would he take if we signed him? Shouldn't we be trying to figure out how to spend the number one pick in 2010?

nychief
10-07-2009, 11:03 AM
That's my point, why bother with him right now? who's spot would he take if we signed him? Shouldn't we be trying to figure out how to spend the number one pick in 2010?

Reading is FUNdamental... the post/article he would not be signed till the official off season begins (lets be honest - we are already in the unofficial off season).

SenselessChiefsFan
10-07-2009, 11:04 AM

Guys like this are like free draft choices. Its not like the scouts can have any contact with college players anyways right now. All they can do is look at the tapes and talk to coaches. I assure you, that is being handled.

And, clearly, draft picks next year aren't going to make an impact this year either.

nychief
10-07-2009, 11:05 AM
I love that people are pissed that SP is leaving no stone unturned... and in the same breath saying how much the team sucks.

teedubya
10-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Fuck having a wrestler on the team... but what about the Lovely Elizabeth as one of our Cheerleaders?

http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/wrestling/images/2005/jan27/3.jpg

wait.... I just read that she died of a Drug overdose in 2003... WTF?

Frazod
10-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Why not? I mean, it's not like we have real offensive linemen anyway.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-07-2009, 11:09 AM

Far be it from me to ever agree with anything GC says but....

Hydrae
10-07-2009, 11:10 AM
Wait, what about Pruneda? I think that was his name, the big boy from Mexico we had on the practice squad a couple of years ago.

Captain Obvious
10-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Next thing you know we'll be looking at basketball players. Finding athletes from other sports will never work....

milkman
10-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Wait, what about Pruneda? I think that was his name, the big boy from Mexico we had on the practice squad a couple of years ago.

He was pruned.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Next thing you know we'll be looking at basketball players. Finding athletes from other sports will never work....

Bo Jackson
Deion Sanders
Jim Thorpe
Willie Gault
Jim Brown (he's in the Lacrosse HOF... yeah I know)
Danny Ainge
Michael Jordan (ok that's not such a good example)

DaWolf
10-07-2009, 11:22 AM

And then there was Antonio Gates...

wild1
10-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Brock Lesnar FTW

SenselessChiefsFan
Bo Jackson
Deion Sanders
Jim Thorpe
Willie Gault
Jim Brown (he's in the Lacrosse HOF... yeah I know)
Danny Ainge
Michael Jordan (ok that's not such a good example)

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

DaWolf
Hey, you never know. A few years ago the Vikings had a pro wrestler trying to make the team as a defensive lineman, and now they have the best DL in the league... :)

DaWolf
10-07-2009, 11:24 AM

That's what I get for missing that Captain Obvious made the post... :)

Inspector
10-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Hey, you never know. A few years ago the Vikings had a pro wrestler trying to make the team as a defensive lineman, and now they have the best DL in the league... :)

They like wrestlers up there. Heck, they'd probably make one the govenor if they had the chance.

jAZ
10-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Didn't Brock Lesnar play for the Vikings for a time? It's not unheard of that a life-long competitive wrestler could be a developmental prospect for an NFL team.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-07-2009, 11:31 AM
That's what I get for missing that Captain Obvious made the post... :)

I find it easy to miss sarcasm in here, because there is so much sincere ignorance, it is hard to discern someone feigning it.

TrickyNicky
10-07-2009, 11:33 AM
How many more people off the street do we need to get 22?

RustShack
10-07-2009, 11:34 AM

The practice squad.. your seriously stupid as shit if you think the Chiefs should not do a single thing besides prep for the draft. Thats what our scouting department is for, and we also have guy who look into other areas... trying out guys doesn't hurt the team in any way or get in the way of scouting for the draft.

bevischief
10-07-2009, 11:34 AM
How many more people off the street do we need to get 22?

wild1
10-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Didn't Brock Lesnar play for the Vikings for a time? It's not unheard of that a life-long competitive wrestler could be a developmental prospect for an NFL team.

He was in training camp as a defensive end, but it was a failure. Despite being a physical freak, he couldn't play football.

He sacked a Chiefs QB in the preseason once and started a fight during the annual scrimmage/brawl. That's about all I can remember.

raybec 4
10-07-2009, 11:38 AM
The practice squad.. your seriously stupid as shit if you think the Chiefs should not do a single thing besides prep for the draft. Thats what our scouting department is for, and we also have guy who look into other areas... trying out guys doesn't hurt the team in any way or get in the way of scouting for the draft.

Just relax dildo no need to get your nuts bunched up. I figured the whole first pick in 2010 would clue you in that I was joking. I'll put up road flares next time.

kcjayhawks5
10-07-2009, 12:01 PM
maybe he's trying out the whole "22 guys off the street" thing??

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-07-2009, 12:04 PM

The elipsis should have tipped me off. Sarcasm fail.

jAZ
10-07-2009, 12:16 PM
He was in training camp as a defensive end, but it was a failure. Despite being a physical freak, he couldn't play football.

He sacked a Chiefs QB in the preseason once and started a fight during the annual scrimmage/brawl. That's about all I can remember.

They asked him to go to NFL Europe but he said no. My guess is that this is the sort of developmental interest we have with this person.

Micjones
10-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Well as long as he had time in the New England camp...

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-07-2009, 12:28 PM
ROFL ROFL...

A fucking wrestler?

ROFL ROFL

Shocked that he worked out for the Pats before, as well.

OnTheWarpath15
10-07-2009, 12:34 PM
An honest effort?

Teicher should have the fucking swine flu forced on him or making such an ignorant comment.

They overlooked the deepest OL draft in years, but they weren't good enough - so we're looking at a wrester that has never played football before?

Shocking that he was in the Pats camp, next up is a Haitian refugee WR who spent a few days in Dolphins camp.

Fuck.

Me.

Running.

Micjones
10-07-2009, 12:37 PM
No... Next it'll be a 6'4 320 plumber who LIVES in New England.

OnTheWarpath15
10-07-2009, 12:37 PM
No... Next it'll be a 6'4 320 plumber who LIVES in New England.

LMAO

JD10367
10-07-2009, 12:55 PM
I still don't get why you all bitch whenever they look at someone who once had a cup of coffee in New England.

1.) They're players Pioli has a little familiarity with. Which is much better than looking at players he has no f**king clue about.

2.) They're players who've been on one of the NFL's best-run and most-successful teams. Which is much better than signing ex-Lions or ex-Rams, no?

And, yes, Neal was a wrestler and has turned out pretty damn good. But don't let something like that get in the way of the constant Pioli/Haley bitchfest.

Sign a player, they get ripped. Cut a player, they get ripped. DON'T sign a player (like Braylon Edwards), they get ripped. Trade a player, they get ripped. Look at a wrestler, they get ripped. Look at an ex-Patriot, they get ripped.

It's four games into their tenure, and already I can see the tar and feathers being gathered. Jesus H on a raft. Can they at least have one full season?

LOCOChief
10-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Wrestler to O lineman is not a huge leap. Footwork, maintaining and athletic stance and balance, creating leverage. Many, many offensive linemen have storong wrestling backgrounds.
While all of this is true, yes we are scraping the bottom of the barrel, but then again who the hell's suprised we are looking for more talent then what we have now?

CoMoChief
10-07-2009, 01:34 PM
We need Bob Sapp.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-07-2009, 01:49 PM
I still don't get why you all bitch whenever they look at someone who once had a cup of coffee in New England.

1.) They're players Pioli has a little familiarity with. Which is much better than looking at players he has no f**king clue about.

2.) They're players who've been on one of the NFL's best-run and most-successful teams. Which is much better than signing ex-Lions or ex-Rams, no?

And, yes, Neal was a wrestler and has turned out pretty damn good. But don't let something like that get in the way of the constant Pioli/Haley bitchfest.

Sign a player, they get ripped. Cut a player, they get ripped. DON'T sign a player (like Braylon Edwards), they get ripped. Trade a player, they get ripped. Look at a wrestler, they get ripped. Look at an ex-Patriot, they get ripped.

It's four games into their tenure, and already I can see the tar and feathers being gathered. Jesus H on a raft. Can they at least have one full season?

Yeah, it's really intelligent to excise 90% of the NFL because they aren't one of three teams.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
10-07-2009, 02:19 PM
the dude is 23 years old, 6'6 300 pounds with the frame to add a lot of muscle and has been one of the better college heavyweight wrestlers in the past few years. It's just a look...He's never going to sign anywhere but it's not nearly the joke that some are taking it as.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Yeah, it's really intelligent to excise 90% of the NFL because they aren't one of three teams.

I am not pleased with much of the way things have went.

That said, the most important thing right now is to establish a way of doing things, a chemistry, an atmosphere....

It isn't about this year. One of the best ways to establish the atmosphere that they are looking for is to bring players in that have been in similar environments.

Once the system is in place, the environment secure, the team leaders installed, then they can start branching out and consider some of the players that they don't have the luxury of considering right now.

TRR
10-07-2009, 02:34 PM

This...

And it goes for all of our players as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

jidar
10-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Wrestling isn't even a real sport. It's like hop scotch, or hooker bashing.

whoman69
10-07-2009, 03:01 PM
I would think that this would be something done in camp, but the fact that we are looking at projects like this tells us how crappy the talent we have right now is.

whoman69
10-07-2009, 03:06 PM

The wrasslin' you see on TV most often is not a sport, its entertainment disguised as sport. Olympic and collegiate wresting is definitely a sport.

Easy 6
10-07-2009, 03:58 PM
the dude is 23 years old, 6'6 300 pounds with the frame to add a lot of muscle and has been one of the better college heavyweight wrestlers in the past few years. It's just a look...He's never going to sign anywhere but it's not nearly the joke that some are taking it as.

With his size & wrestling background, he should probably be trying out on tonights Ultimate Fighter instead.

Its a Vince Papale longshot look.

Radar Chief
10-07-2009, 04:29 PM

Yup. All grappling is fake and any NFL player would own even the best grapplers.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_vsFTTCds1w&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_vsFTTCds1w&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

scorpio
10-07-2009, 04:30 PM
the 80's ruled the 90's sucked

round and round......

http://www.catsandbeer.com/uploads/2007/11/nwo1en.jpg

Fritz88
10-07-2009, 04:39 PM
[B][SIZE="4"][url=http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1028] who had a brief trial in camp this year with the Patriots

If they worked a monkey's tit we would bring it for a look after they release him.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
10-07-2009, 04:54 PM
With his size & wrestling background, he should probably be trying out on tonights Ultimate Fighter instead.

Its a Vince Papale longshot look.

I think 265 would be a problem for him. I've only seen him wrestle a couple of times but honestly he's not athletic enough for the NFL. If he was...he would have won at least 2 NCAA titles. He's not Stephen Neal...but I could see why teams would take a look

DeezNutz
10-07-2009, 04:56 PM
The right 53...(as long as they all possess the whiff of NE)

Embarrassing.

I apologize to Dayton Moore for ever comparing him to Pioli.

OnTheWarpath15
10-07-2009, 05:01 PM
The right 53...(as long as there they all possess the whiff of NE)

Embarrassing.

I apologize to Dayton Moore for ever comparing him to Pioli.

LMAO

Skip Towne
10-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Any of you retards ever heard of Curly Culp? NCAA wrestling champion. How about Goldberg? O-lineman for the Falcons.

DeezNutz
10-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Any of you retards ever heard of Curly Culp? NCAA wrestling champion. How about Goldberg? O-lineman for the Falcons.

Culp played football in college, and I'd imagine he probably played in high school, too.

The douche whom the Executive of the Century brought in had done neither.

Simply Red
10-07-2009, 08:12 PM
We're run by clowns.

Skip Towne
10-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Culp played football in college, and I'd imagine he probably played in high school, too.

The douche whom the Executive of the Century brought in had done neither.

Stenerud went to college on a skiing scholarship. You probably wouldn't have looked at him either. But Stram did.

DeezNutz
10-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Stenerud went to college on a skiing scholarship. You probably wouldn't have looked at him either. But Stram did.

It's not uncommon for college kickers, for example, to have a soccer background and not a football one, so the above example doesn't work too well with other positions.

Talking about a lineman with no previous football experience is an entirely different animal.

dirk digler
10-07-2009, 08:25 PM

I don't see the big deal either. It is not like he would be on the active roster he would be on the practice squad if that. I doubt they sign him though.

Skip Towne
10-07-2009, 08:27 PM
It's not uncommon for college kickers, for example, to have a soccer background and not a football one, so the above example doesn't work too well with other positions.

Talking about a lineman with no previous football experience is an entirely different animal.

Otis Sistrunk didn't go to college. But he played for the Raiders for 7 years. Good players are where you find them.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-07-2009, 08:27 PM

You mean Goldberg, the guy who was a football player, then a pro wrestler?

RedThat
10-07-2009, 08:28 PM
You mean Goldberg, the guy who was a football player, then a pro wrestler?

Yup. He played for the falcons. I remember.

DeezNutz
10-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Otis Sistrunk didn't go to college. But he played for the Raiders for 7 years. Good players are where you find them.

I have no idea who this is, but I trust you.

Here's my thought: exceptions don't prove a rule.

99/100, bringing in the wrestler is a desperation move that makes the franchise look like more of a joke. That said, I'd be happy to offer an apology and eat much crow if this ends up being a legit. 1/100 instance.

Skip Towne
10-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Sistrunk also wrestled after the Raiders.

RedThat
10-07-2009, 08:32 PM
I will laugh if this guy becomes a good player. I'll die of laughter. Hey with good reason. It'll be amusing. When you think of all places to find a player, a wrestler? lol

Skip Towne
10-07-2009, 08:33 PM
I have no idea who this is, but I trust you.

Here's my thought: exceptions don't prove a rule.

99/100, bringing in the wrestler is a desperation move that makes the franchise look like more of a joke. That said, I'd be happy to offer an apology and eat much crow if this ends up being a legit. 1/100 instance.

You look at it as desperation. I look at it as looking where others aren't. You won't find anything if you don't look.

DeezNutz
10-07-2009, 08:34 PM
You look at it as desperation. I look at it as looking where others aren't. You won't find anything if you don't look.

Are we talking about looking for strange or NFL talent? :)

milkman
10-07-2009, 08:35 PM
I will laugh if this guy becomes a good player. I'll die of laughter. Hey with good reason. It'll be amusing. When you think of all places to find a player, a wrestler? lol

I'm really rooting for him now!

jk

Skip Towne
10-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Are we talking about looking for strange or NFL talent? :)

Either one. Stenerud's ball flew through the air sideways. Nobody thought that would ever work.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-07-2009, 08:37 PM
I just find it odd that the Chiefs are so willing to scour the microscopic fissures of New England's taint for traces of dingleberries, yet when legitimate prospects who actually have football experience, size, and talent are available, they are completely ignored.

DeezNutz
10-07-2009, 08:40 PM
I just find it odd that the Chiefs are so willing to scour the microscopic fissures of New England's taint for traces of dingleberries, yet when legitimate prospects who actually have football experience, size, and talent are available, they are completely ignored.

The Dogg Pound once waxed philosophical about the bomb azz taint...the Pioli theme song.

Simply Red
10-07-2009, 08:43 PM
I somewhat agree w/ you, Skip. I think that OFTEN the listed examples were merely complete isolated, accidental finds, i don't think REACHING for that kind of luck is the best approach. But then again, I'm no Pioli

dirk digler
10-07-2009, 08:45 PM

How do you know they are ignored?

Skip Towne
10-07-2009, 08:47 PM
I somewhat agree w/ you, Skip. I think that OFTEN the listed examples were merely complete isolated, accidental finds, i don't think REACHING for that kind of luck is the best approach. But then again, I'm no Pioli

I like that he looks in obscure places. Anything he finds comes free. No draft choces spent.

Simply Red
10-07-2009, 08:48 PM
the word 'taint' really upsets my stomach, 'Hamas.'

DeezNutz

True. They might not be the "right 53".

Or whatever piece of obtuse rhetoric the Executive of the Millennium is using...

That wrastler might be the best prospect that wants to play for that them Texans.

'Hamas' Jenkins

:spock:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NFL_Draft

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-07-2009, 08:51 PM
I like that he looks in obscure places. Anything he finds comes free. No draft choces spent.

See: Alleman, Andy; Ndukwe, Ike.

dirk digler
10-07-2009, 08:54 PM
True. They might not be the "right 53".

Is the "right 53" the new 5-year plan?

:spock:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NFL_Draft

I assumed you were talking about since training camp or the season started not the draft.

We all agree for the most part they should have drafted alot of O-line in the draft.

Simply Red
10-07-2009, 08:54 PM

I think that there is a lot of truth in that, and reading it (initially) people saw the word 'wrestler' and just laughed and were quick to ridicule. I guess it's like anything else, there really is talent on the street. Give me a month, i'd bet i could win some nine-ball national tournaments ... or if I owned a pool table. My point is, some people w/ a yr. of coaching and additional training are really 'that close' and JUST that athletic.

so, I see what you're saying.

Oxford
10-07-2009, 08:57 PM

We will trade down with our number one for a late round 1 and a 2nd round in 2011

Easy 6
10-07-2009, 08:58 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kr9TspUvigM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kr9TspUvigM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BigMeatballDave
10-07-2009, 09:03 PM
LMAO

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-07-2009, 09:04 PM
SHOVE THAT PLANE INTO A NOSE DIVE.....HULK....HO-GAN

boogblaster
10-07-2009, 09:10 PM
WWFENFLSOL ... or whatever you want to call it ...

Easy 6
10-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Can you IMAGINE Warrior at RT?

Offense solved.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Can you IMAGINE Warrior at RT?

Offense solved.

Pfff...Warrior got blown up way too easy. If you wanted a solution at RT, look at Akeem or Big John Studd.

Easy 6
10-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Pfff...Warrior got blown up way too easy. If you wanted a solution at RT, look at Akeem or Big John Studd.

If you want to go that route, i'll see that & raise you a King Kong Brody...a RT prospect just one evolutionary peg above an animal.

But, Kong is getting old & will want too much 'Past Glory' pay...Warrior FTW.

TrickyNicky
10-08-2009, 12:55 AM

RT
http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/pictures/akeem.jpg

Center
http://www.411mania.com/siteimages/shockmaster_28000.jpg

JohnnyV13
10-08-2009, 03:08 AM

I think they mean a college wrestler, which is far different than the joke wrestlers that are in the WWE.

I think the steelers had a lineman in the early 90s, that was an All American wrestler with no football experience. That guy ended up going to a couple of pro bowls before he became a drug user.

KCChiefsMan
10-08-2009, 03:48 AM
Didn't The Rock play for the Falcons back in the day?

Kerberos
10-08-2009, 05:00 AM
Brock Lesnar FTW

Minnesota....Training Camp with Dick Vermeil.....Lesnar was with the Vikes for a tryout.... Vikes and Chiefs had a scrimmage....Lesnar tries to impress and pounds Trent Green to the ground....Dick has a conniption...... That is what I remember about the Lesnar debacle.

10-08-2009, 05:20 AM
Hell just bring in Lesnar then. We all know how well he worked out.

PhillyChiefFan
10-08-2009, 05:33 AM
I'm sure he has excellent footwork...

JohninGpt
10-08-2009, 06:05 AM
Maybe we should bring in a few of these guys.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eU1OA6bHlKw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eU1OA6bHlKw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mecca
10-08-2009, 06:52 AM
Didn't The Rock play for the Falcons back in the day?

That was Goldberg.......The Rock played for The U though.

Quesadilla Joe
10-08-2009, 07:21 AM
San Diego shake-up could be coming (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/08/san-diego-shake-up-could-be-coming/)

The recent comments from Chargers G.M. A.J. Smith regarding the performance of the team he built weren't merely idle chatter.

Smith and the coaching staff apparently are serious about taking action on the fly to fix the problems that have plagued the team.

According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, Smith is "spending time on the phone" with other teams, possibly in the hopes of swinging one or more trades before the October 20 deadline. (And given linebacker Shawne Merriman's comments from Wednesday, his contract status, and the general vibrations coming from the organization suggesting that he won't be part of the team's future, Merriman possibly could be on the block.)

The Union-Tribune also reports that there's a feeling within the locker room that defensive jobs are "up for grabs." Defensive coordinator Ron Rivera reportedly sent that message to his troops earlier this week.

"I think it was the best thing for our defense," cornerback Quentin Jammer told the Union-Tribune. "You get your [rear end] run through like that, it puts everything in perspective, and I think we'll be better for it. There is going to be changes. You change the way you approach things, change the way you do things. I think it was the best wake-up call for us."

It remains to be seen whether the changes result in any changes in the on-field product when the Chargers return to action on October 19, with a Monday night visit from the Broncos.
Would Chiefs fans want to trade for Merroid?

Hammock Parties
10-08-2009, 07:28 AM
Merriman has been about as effective as Mike Vrabel this year.

Dave Lane
10-08-2009, 07:32 AM
So last week everyone was screaming cuz "the regime never tries to address the OL" this week they are leaving no stone unturned and making us look stupid.

Please pick one and stick with it. You will look much less foolish.

Beef Eater
10-08-2009, 09:54 AM
It never hurts to bring in players for a tryout. Especially considering how pathetic the Chiefs OL has played this year. According to an article in the Boston Globe, Jermail Porter was a NCAA All American wrestler at Kent State. The Pats signed him as an undrafted free agent the first of May of this year but apparently got hurt and consequently released. Although he doesn’t have ANY football experience, he does have prototypical size for an NFL OL at 6’-5” and 310 Lbs. The fact that he is finished sixth in the heavyweight class at the 2009 NCAA Championships indicates to me that he probably has good balance, a strong upper body, and understands the importance of leverage. The Pats did have success with RG Stephen Neal, a two-time NCAA wrestling champion and the 1999 heavyweight freestyle world champion who didn't play a down of college football. It might not turn out to be anything, but I like the fact that Pioli is keeping an open mind to possibilities and is at least trying to improve the Chiefs roster. The Chiefs need to upgrade at a number of positions and OL is probably the most glaring need. Since there are not a lot of good, healthy FA OL available, why not look at Porter?

Noss
10-08-2009, 01:52 PM

Yep! :doh!:

Imon Yourside
10-08-2009, 02:16 PM
I like this idea, they should be looking under every rock for guys that can perform. I don't care if they find someone at a ballet if they can play sign em' up.

Thig Lyfe
10-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Bring in Usain Bolt for a look!

milkman
10-08-2009, 03:19 PM
I like this idea, they should be looking under every rock for guys that can perform. I don't care if they find someone at a ballet if they can play sign em' up.

Yeah, it's great idea.

But it would have been a helluva lot better idea to look on top of the rocks during the offseason.