PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe all of the Green bashers on this board. No wonder Elvis said C-YA!

kc connected
10-12-2001, 01:19 AM
They are still installing the offense people! Before the end of the season all of you negative commentators will owe Trent an apology. It is easy to tell in the Denver game how receivers went the wrong way on three of the int's.
Minnis was suppose to break earlier than he did to be in front of the defender and not behind him.
Thomas was suppose to run up, out and straight down the field. Not just straight down the field.
DA stopped running when he should have kept running.
This offense is all about timing. The QB throws the ball before the break. He's throwing to spots where the receiver is suppose to be. The old offense did not do that. To me it's very clear the receivers are messing this up more than Trent. No wonder Elvis said C-YA! We can't even give this guy 1 year with rookie talent, because of injuries, before we run him out of town. Not to mention our running game isn't helping him out either. Elvis lost nine games last year because he had no help from the run. I bet Trent doesn't lose that many this year. Crazy things happen in footbal, this Sunday could be the start of a 6 game winning streak.

KC CONNECTED

mcan
10-12-2001, 01:24 AM
Thank you KC,
Believe me, I want this offense to win now just as bad as you do, but there has to be a learning curve, and we aren't really giving it. I believe that we could be a good team, even this year, but come on guys... The fan's voice in this town is very loud, and if we keep this crap up, we will end up with another Elvis situation. And when Green gets to the six yard line, instead of thinking "OK, what do I do to win this game." He will be thinking, "God, I hope I do well so these guys don't lynch me when I get to the parking lot."

Phobia
10-12-2001, 01:53 AM
The dude isn't being run out of town. CLEARLY 2001 is and always has been a rebuilding year for the Kansas City Chiefs. I know it, Carl Peterson knows, Dick Vermeil knows, Al Saunders knows, Lamar Hunt knows, hell, even JJ Moses knows. Why we gave up our 1st round pick for a QB we could have had for free in 2002 baffles the hell out of me. Why? We don't have the personnel to surround him with - even before injuries. This is a bad team and Trent Green trying to put a bad team on his shoulders is not helpful. It's hindering him and could potentially be damaging to his confidence. I think it was a BAD business decision. I've ALWAYS thought it was a bad decision.

I acknowledge I don't know football nearly as well as our team's staff does. I also planned to support the QB this year (still do). But, I'm going to vent my frustration. This board is kinda like cheap therapy for me.... :D

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2001, 02:08 AM
.... Green his fair chance. But I cannot stand by and let this particular statement go by without comment.

No wonder Elvis said C-Ya

Having been a lurker on this and the Star board before deciding to post here recently I have to this point witheld my feelings on the Great Grbac Debate. But now the time has come. Forgive me if this seems like rehased old news to some ( all) of you.
So... here goes.....
I have a hard time blaming the fans for Elvis' departure. The guy played college ball at Michigan where it is common to have over 107,000 fans in attendance. Elvis was booed as a Wolverine and Elvis was booed as a Chief. Elvis pointed fingers at teamates (and maybe deservedly so). Elvis publicly stated he would not mind being the backup in Cleveland of all places. Elvis was given a large (much too large) contract to become the Chiefs starter. Elvis sustained a couple injuries early in that contract which probably hindered his development as a player. Happens to a lot of guys. But that's football.
Elvis was handed the job with no competition after Marty's departure and Gannon signing as a free agent in Oakland. He showed some real signs of becoming a good QB too.
It was so frustrating to watch Grbac throw a beautiful 65 yd TD bomb on one play then later in the same gamewith the game in the balance and the team driving for a tying or winning score throw the ball short of the end zone like he did in NE.
In \Elvis' defense he did have Gunther and the three unindicted co - conspirators as his coaches. God only know the neuroses that Gunther's goofy a$$ brought to that locker room the last two years.
In short I just find it ridiculous to blame the fans for Elvis leaving for Baltimore.
I could go on and on.. but why slash the old wounds all the way open again when the scar tissue is finally in place?

WilliamTheIrish

voyager
10-12-2001, 03:25 AM
DV stated once the ball leaves the QB's hand, the QB is partially responsible for any INTs. So don't get on our cases for some constructive criticism of Green and his throws. The Broncos could have had at least 6 INTs in the game last Sunday. Green made some poor throws. He forced the ball on several occasions IMO.

Hydrae
10-12-2001, 03:55 AM
And the Denver game was not the first one he has been trying to force the ball into bad spots. I still want to know where this QB Dick praised so highly is at. I have not yet seen (I did not get to see the Washington game) the guy who is supposed to be so accurate and calm in the pocket. All I have seen is a guy who tries to force the ball where it does not belong and an awful lot of "happy feet" too.

StLouisBob
10-12-2001, 06:34 AM
The trouble started when the coaches were overheard talking to each other, how the coaches are faster than the receivers. You must have at least one wide receiver who is a 4.3. or 4.4 on your team. When you don't it is to easy to line up and stop a couple of slow receivers. Gonzalez is not be covered by linebackers due to their inability to stop him, he is being covered by a linebacker and a safety because the safety does not have to worry about a slow WR getting behind the defense. YOu must spread out a defense and the only way you do this is speed. Don't give me this crap about Sly MO he is big but he is not that fast. To run a crossing patern where you get your YAC yards you must have speed. Take a look at the Rams offense. YOu got HOlt who runs a 4.3 forty then you got Bruce who runs a 4.5 both are not big at all, then you throw in Az Azir Akeem at 4.3 you therefor have two safeties that must play deep thus spreading out the field. Helloooooo! Akeem will probably be a free agent next year, or if you can draft or sign somoeone else who can run a 4.3 put Morris on the other side, bring in D Alexander as your Ricky Proel (the 3rd down go to guy) and you will be facing a spread out defense. Until then you will have safeties playing up and Green is forced to throw into a crowd.

YOu guys all call yourself great knowledgable football fans. If you can't see what is happening then you need to buy one of those Football for Idiots books......

Hydrae
10-12-2001, 06:40 AM
Bob,
Just curious, how fast is Rice? Or Carter? Both of those guys made names for themselves with runs after the catch but I don't think of either of them as burners. I think it is more important to run precise routes. Especially with this style of offense which is predicated on timing. If you can catch the ball in mid-stride, you are gone either way.

stevieray
10-12-2001, 06:42 AM
Phil, I don't think that's fair...noone knew that Da would be MIA or that we would lose the Cat....

StLouisBob
10-12-2001, 06:53 AM
How fast was Rice? You gotta be kidding me. When he came into the league he was a burner. WHy else do you think a team like the WHinners took a chance on a player out of a very small school. If you are talking about Carter from Minn he came out of Ohio St and was very fast. Now he has Moss on the other side. You can't blame Green on the fact that he has no one to throw to.

And don't give me this you have Marshall Faulk crap either. Again he is great but you add his athletic ability plus the fact that the safeties must play deep and a LB is force to cover him and you will set records for the most yards from scrimage. The safeties are foced to play deep on every play thus Faulk who never runs between the safeties gets his yards due to the fact that after he beats the lineman and a linebacker who cannot athletically catch him he is gone...

Name a QB that you could have gotten that was better than Green? Don't balme Green you have no and i mean no talent at the wide out position.....

Lightning Rod
10-12-2001, 06:59 AM
Uhhhhh Bob,
eyes a lil slo, kinda cunfuzed bout that Ricky 3rd down Derrick, sly be all slo stuf.

kan ya splain it again?

"sylvester Morris, Jackson State
Wide Receiver, 6-2, 190

SportsLine.com Report
April 15, 2000

The Answer
The search for a big-play passing game had the Chiefs focused on Jackson State WR Sylvester Morris. He was their obvious choice after the defensive back they liked, Cal's Deltha O'Neal, was selected earlier by Denver. Morris is 6-feet-3, 210 pounds and finished his career at Jackson State with 175 catches in 41 games, with an average of 18.2 yards per catch and 34 touchdowns. A native of New Orleans, Morris was timed by the Chiefs in the low 4.4's in the 40-yard dash. "

DA 2000 Chiefs, 1391 yards 10td
RP 2000 Rams, 80 yards 1td

ChiTown
10-12-2001, 07:21 AM
STL Bob

Oh, I see. So, can we now call you Yoda? Give me a break. You're just another Bandwagon Cards, errr, Rams fan that turned in his Chiefs jersey after the DV led Rams won the SB. Later, junior.

Lightning Rod
10-12-2001, 07:24 AM
Actually Bob I agree that the talent " Right NOW" on the Chiefs team is not too hot. But it goes back to some of the reasons you are pooh-poohing. Morris is out. & Alexander is not playing anywhere near 100 %. That leaves TG who is doing about as much as any one player can be expected to do. I don't recall anyone saying they would rather have Green than Warner. That being said, Green was the obvious choice for QB out of the QBs available. He was hyped as a very good QB and most of the chiefs fans are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and see what he accomplishes over the next year or two. Not that we are all that patient but, we have no other choice. Green has not played up to our expectations thus far.

What are our expectations?

1. Win more games than you lose
2. Toss mote TDs than INTs..
3. A high completion rate, 60% ish
4. Don't be a whiney finger pointing pu$$ about everything.

At this point he has an A grade on # 4 and a D- on the rest.

StLouisBob
10-12-2001, 08:07 AM
ChiTown how about those cubs. Oh! thats gotta hurt. Chicago the biggest worst sports town in America..

As far as Yoda I prefer "The Mind"

As far as 4.4 All I can sar is PR. Your own coaches said the coaching staff is faster than the WR and that was before Morris went down.

Bandwagon, oh ok. I never rooted for the CHiefs. Cardinals until theymoved then Rams when they moved here. Bandwagon is the best you can come up with.

Signed
"THe Mind"

ChiTown
10-12-2001, 08:19 AM
Uh, Bob, I'm a Royals fan - you know the ones that handed you your Cardinal butt's in 1985. I'm sure you've tried to bury that one in the dark recesses of your tiny little mind.

ChiTown is just my handle, since I lived there when I 1st started posting on the Star BB back in 1998. It does not imply where my sports affinity lies.

htismaqe
10-12-2001, 08:20 AM
Hey, St Lewie Bob...

As a Rams fan, you of all people should know that your number 3 receiver's name is AZ ZAHIR HAKEEM...

Packfan
10-12-2001, 09:36 AM
Chief fans,

Elvis left because he wants a ring. He wasnt going to get it with Peterson and the Chiefs. Now, he thinks he has a shot. Also, he replaced Trent Dilfer. When Grbac got to KC, the fans still had vintage memories of Joe Montana. He could never fill those shoes.

Quarterbacks all over the league are booed by their fans, abused by talk radio, and lambasted in the paper. It goes with the territory. Elvis had alot of this coming during his time with the Chiefs. So does Trent Green. He has been awful this year. And it doesnt make it any easier when you factor that he cost the Chiefs the 12th pick in the draft.

I suspect he will play better this week and the Chiefs will win. That will get some pressure off his back. But when the season ends and the Chiefs are 7-9, he will face the same type of off season that Grbac faced. It wont be pretty. The fans in KC dont realize that the problem runs a lot deeper than QB. They put unrealistic expectations on their QBs. Plus, managment sold Green as the next coming of Kurt Warner. Trent Green is nothing more than a journey man, backup QB that is being expected to do much more than he is able to. It aint happening with him. His career results should have told the Chiefs that. And the Chiefs dont have many weapons to help him on offense, defense or special teams.

StLouisBob
10-12-2001, 09:37 AM
Ya ChiTown how about those Royals, man they looked good last night. Oh wait those were ex Royals traded for nothing that were playing last night. Lett see Damon 5-9 with a triple over the last two games.

1985 ya great series. Have you been to the playoffs since. Man that was 17 yrs ago you have a great memory ChiTown....

DaWolf
10-12-2001, 10:17 AM
When it took 7 years for the Royals to find an owner, you know your baseball team has problems. Those were 7 wasted years for the Royals...

StLouisBob
10-12-2001, 10:45 AM
Sorry DaWolf I did not seem to slam the Royals Iroot for all smaller market teams. Just ChiTown had to prove waht an arse he could be. The Royals are in big trouble. They have let a horrible GM trade awy some of the best players in MLB for nothing.

Phobia
10-12-2001, 10:50 AM
Ok, daWolf - gimme a link to a larger version of your avatar, please....

ramfan
10-12-2001, 11:10 AM
You guys are going against top teams in the league, while trying to learn a whole new system with a new QB, and players you had to go with, due to the cap. I looked at your schedule the beginning of the season, and couldn't believe it..., it's was obvious then, that it wouldn't be a good season for KC. Be patient with Green, you'll be glad you've got him once it all comes together, he's better than he's looked so far.

ChiTown
10-12-2001, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I'm the one being an ARSE:rolleyes:

St Louis Bob wrote:

YOu guys all call yourself great knowledgable football fans. If you can't see what is happening then you need to buy one of those Football for Idiots books......

Pot, Kettle, Black.......You were saying?

Gaz
10-12-2001, 11:28 AM
ramfan-

That is what some of us think. Since you have seen him play before, what is the downside of Green?

xoxo~
Gaz
Digging for dirt.

ramfan
10-12-2001, 12:13 PM
Gaz: The only difference in Green and Warner is, Warner has a quicker release, and a stronger arm. Green's under alot of pressure, playing alot of catch up, which is why he's forcing the ball, he's doing the same thing Warner did last season trying to put quick points on the board, and of coarse Warner ended up with quite a few interceptions because of it. That and the receiver not being in the right spot at the right time (it's not always the QB to blame in this offense), watch Warner, he throws to a certain spot, and the receiver better be there. It's a great system if it works, and it's pretty to watch, but you've got to give it time to click in. There's no inside info. on Green that you don't already know, " he's a good QB " , I just hope KC fans'll give him another yr. before passing judgment on him.

Pitt Gorilla
10-12-2001, 12:19 PM
ramfan,
You are very wise.

Gaz
10-12-2001, 12:23 PM
ramfan-

Thanks. It is unusual that most Rams fans I spoke to had good things to say about Green. There is generally some bitterness and sour grapes when a QB leaves, but most Rams fans seem genuinely happy for Green. I don't know if that is because Green is a nice guy or if Rams fans are so happy with Warner that they don't care what happens to Green. Either way, Warner is one of the greatest stories in the NFL. Bagboy to superstar. What a ride, eh?

I have always admired Warner's ability to shrug off INTs and hurl the thing again. I do worry about his brainpan, though. We saw with Ali and Aikman what can happen with repetitive head injuries. Warner certainly appears fearless in the pocket, but I fear that is going to result in some massive hits. Do you think the Rams should rely more on Faulks' running and shorter routes to protect Warner?

xoxo~
Gaz
Giving Green time to find his rhythm.

Baby Lee
10-12-2001, 12:25 PM
The only difference in Green and Warner is, Warner has a quicker release, and a stronger arm.
Not smacking, serious question. Do you really feel there is no difference in accuracy? IMO, Warner has accuracy on a level different from anyone else.
We could go round and round about whether both are equally accurate 'to a spot' and whether the difference is how accurate the WRs are in getting to that spot, but I don't recall the same level of 'fall into your hands' ease in the passing game when TG was in for Warner last year. The #s were as good or better, but the WRs actually had to reach, bend, stretch, etc. with him in there.

StLouisBob
10-12-2001, 01:19 PM
Green-The reason I like him so much is due to the fact of how professional he handled that situation with Warner. I sure it was hard going what he went through. I never saw any bitterness in any way.

Its a hell of a lot easier to be accurate if you are throwing to the best wide receivers in the game. However, he is on a plain by himself. I have watched FB my whole life. He is the most accurate passer that I have ever seen. Green is not to far behind him though. Last year the Rams went up against the Giants no Marshall Faulk and Green at QB, he shreeded theier defense. I mean it was not even close.

Give him this year and next year. Allow DV to surround him with some talent. (Sorry boys I dont think you have any talent this year) Then on his 3rd year he will dominate.

ON difference theres one notable one. He has a bigger case of happy feet than Warner. Even in St Louis he would not hold the ball as long as Warner did and take that big hit. I don't know if it is due to his injured leg or what..

CHiTown-If you cant see what is happening to Green and think its all his fault then you need to go out and but "Football for Idiots"

Chiefs Pantalones
10-12-2001, 01:31 PM
Bob,

I beg to differ. Montana is the best and most accurate QB there ever was.

Montana played 16 seasons. Warner has played 3.

Gee? Who has proved himself the most here?:rolleyes:

Warner can't hold Montana's jock.

ramfan
10-12-2001, 01:34 PM
Gaz

Green's the one that brought it altogether in 99, he's not just a nice guy, he's a good QB. The only difference in St.Louis and KC is, St.Louis already had it together, all we needed was a good QB to make it work. KC's got the right QB, and next season (hopefully), you can finish putting it together. ( Ram receivers don't stop, they're not only fast, they catch on the run and keep going..., there's very little hesitation, which is why they're so hard to stop). Now I hate to say this but, if I were a KC fan, I'd sit back and relax through this season, and hope for a top pick in the draft, and an easier schedule for next season.., a top draft choice and a couple of good free agents, and you've got it together. You can bet Vermeil and Saunders are going after speed, plus fill a couple of gaps in the defense.., and I'd be willing to bet KC goes to the playoffs. Just give it some time, you can't put it all together in one season.
To answer your question on Warner, " we're just holding our breathe and hoping Martin can handle it if something does happen to Warner. That's the one big mistake Martz made this offseason, he put too much time into Germaine.

ramfan
10-12-2001, 01:40 PM
JC-Johnny

Yes, Warner is the most accurate, but.., you've yet to see how accurate Green is, he's pretty darn close to Warners level. Warner has a stronger arm, which makes the difference.

Gaz
10-12-2001, 01:50 PM
ramfan-

Those are my thoughts on KC as well. We were seriously cap-strapped. Our GM took the bit hits this season to cut the deadwood and bring in the QB who can run the Offense and an upgrade at RB [although certainly not in the class of Faulk]. I promised the folks on this BB that I would try to take losses in stride this season and look for improvement over wins. I like the idea of an attacking Defense [Robinson's forte] and a balanced Offense.

xoxo~
Gaz
Putting his patience to the test.

Packfan
10-12-2001, 01:52 PM
Judging by the early results, Trent Green is no more accurate than Ty Detmer. Denver got four INTs last week and dropped four more. Ditto for the Giants in week 3.

Kurt Warner is deadly accurate. Trent Green is all over the field. He can be looking directly at a wide open guy and throw the ball three feet in front of him.

Its crazy to compare these two. Warner never got a chance and when he finally did, he made the most of it. Green has had several chances and fallen flat on his face every time.

Baby Lee
10-12-2001, 02:35 PM
you've yet to see how accurate Green is

I've seen every game he played in St. Louis and half of the games in Washington. Needless to say, I never miss a minute of Chiefs action. So if I've yet to see it, it is yet to be seen by anyone outside the coaching staff.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not dogging on TG. TG was fairly good last year, but it was more of a synergy between QB and WR. Warner has the accuracy to throw to anyone well enough to catch it. The fact that his receivers are so accomplished is almost irrelevant, except that it can come in handy at key moments [ie, Proehl -vs- Bucs, Bruce -vs- Titans in SB].

ChiTown
10-12-2001, 02:36 PM
STL B

CHiTown-If you cant see what is happening to Green and think its all his fault then you need to go out and but "Football for Idiots"

WTF are you talking about. When did I ever say anything that I thought Greens issues were all his fault. Let me save you the trouble - never. Quite the contrary actually, I have said that we can't measure his success this year due to his lack of overall takent to throw to.

I just took exception to your all-knowing BS quote. If I need a Guide to Idiots Who Talk Football, I'll just watch for your posts.

StLouisBob
10-12-2001, 03:02 PM
In Montana's first three years as a starter in the NFL he cam no where clsoe to what Warner has done.. don't get me wrong Montana is the greatest QB to ever play. But if you compare their first three years. Alas its a lot easier for a QB from Notre Dame to be named a starter a lot earlier than a guy from Northern Iowa.

StLouisBob
10-12-2001, 03:03 PM
ChiTown I'm glad you will be reading my post. Education is what you need, thats what you will get..

ramfan
10-12-2001, 03:03 PM
JC-Johnny
Green had some interceptions last season, but so did Warner. Also, we had some fans figure it out, and Green would've come out ahead of Warner, (in stats) if given the same amount of games. Both QBs were under a tremendous amount of pressure last season, and it made a big difference in their performance. It's the same pressure Green has to deal with this season..., take the pressure off, and you've got a good QB. I know you're not knocking Green, I'd be concerned too, but I still say, you've yet to see how accurate Green is, and I think most all Ram fans would agree with me. You put Warner in the situation Green's in now, and you'll be saying the same thing about him, if you compare it to what he did last season.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-12-2001, 03:07 PM
Bob,

Montana came to a rebuilding Bill Walsh team and didn't start until his second year.

Warner was on a great team already passed the rebuilding. But yes, Warner is good. Don't get me wrong on that, but he has to win 2 or 3 SBs in order to get mentioned with the likes of Montana.

BTW, you guys look like you're on your way this year, though. That D looks impressive, and your O is firing on all cylinder. I see you guys in the SB in February.

StLouisBob
10-12-2001, 03:17 PM
I'm holding back. Last year looked like we were headed for anywhere from 16-0 to 13-3 and then injuries, injuries. If Warner goes down we could be toast. Defense is vastly improved credit due to Martz for seeing hte prob and fixing it in one year.

KC will be back also. Green will in his 3rd year there put up some serious numbers. I think Vermeil opened his mouth to early telling people how much closer he was in his 1st year there than in St.Lew. He was probably correct but when you say that people expect 10-6 to 12-4 and with the lack of bi play makers you won't be there this year. You have a good RB and a good QB and TE add one great WR and that offense is fixed. I saw a little of the gaem and it looked like the O-Line is pretty good. Don't know much about the Defense have not got to see much of them...

Baby Lee
10-12-2001, 03:18 PM
but I still say, you've yet to see how accurate Green is, and I think most all Ram fans would agree with me.

What part of "I've seen every game he played in St. Louis" is so hard to understand? :D
Ramfan - are you a trainer, a coach, TG's old neighbor? . . Look at my point of origin. My football h@ll is watching Rams games live and getting my Chiefs games mailed to me from my parents the following Tuesday.
I know TG's numbers added up higher in some ways than Warner's last year, but I stand by my point that Warner can hit anyone with a pulse in a way that they can catch it and TG can get the ball within the range of a very good receiver. Not a big difference in accuracy, but a critical difference.

Baby Lee
10-12-2001, 03:22 PM
Defense is vastly improved
THey are gonna have to prove something against more than the likes of Miami and Detroit [and Philly and SanFran seemed to do all right on O against you], before 'vastly improved' can be thrown around. Except in the sense that any form of discipline is vastly improved from last year's effort.

stevieray
10-12-2001, 03:41 PM
I don't think its fair to say Warner is the most accurate ever, considering how QB deprived the league is, and especially since the rules have changed (QB, PI)to only help propigate the pass happy mantra that the league had adhered itself to.

Baby Lee
10-12-2001, 03:50 PM
stevieray - watch the guy play. I call him the most accurate ever because I have never seen, whether in recent years or any archive, anyone else as accurate. Its not a contemporary comparison. If you even hint that he thrives due to PI calls, you haven't watch him play.

Ernie Conwell
10-12-2001, 03:59 PM
I will say vastly improved. This time last year they gave up 29 pts per game this year they are giving up 13. Take away a couple of turnovers each to Philly and San Fran and they are giving up 7 pts per game.. JMO

stevieray
10-12-2001, 04:02 PM
Read my post, PI's on DB's...I'm not doubting Warners ability, just affirming that the QB is more protected than ever before, and he probably would have been slaughtered in the days of old. Besides, he doesn't even call his own plays.

I don't mind giving credit, but I'm about pimped out on Kurt Warner on a Chiefs board. He's good. That's awesome. Big woo.

ramfan
10-12-2001, 04:09 PM
JC-Johnny
If you're talking accuracy so far as distance goes, then you're right, and I agree, he's not as accurate as Warner, he doesn't have the strength Warner has, that's a well known fact. Other than that, he's very accurate. I didn't see him play in Wash., but from what I understand, that was his first time on the field, and he did one heck of a job for the Skins. Like I said, even Warner had problems last season.., alot of rival fans were calling him a fluke, coarse he's proving them wrong this season, but didn't show the confidence he had in 99, and threw a few interceptions, even before the concussion.

tommykat
10-12-2001, 07:54 PM
I'm sorry if anyone remembered this but...
Do any of REMEMBER TRENT POSTING HERE BEFORE HE WAS A CHIEF????? I do and right off hand can't remember the name he used but I would assume he still looks. What/why is everyone bashing the H%LL out of him? It's only 4 games and crap most of the defense is out...we just don't have much of a team this year, but just wait. It will happen for us, if not this year (not) then next~

papasmurf
10-12-2001, 07:56 PM
Finally someone posted a positive on Green. Trent is throwing the ball to spots. It is the receiver job to be there. They are only going to get better with more playing time.

memyselfI
10-13-2001, 12:15 AM
Elvis left (thank God) because no one in this town liked him but his wife and his DOG...according to him. Ok, some of his teammates sorta did and he had a few devotees that still pine for him but he left because he knew he could not get the job done here and as such he'd NEVER be accepted by the Chiefs fans because they did not like him...

because of who he was and what we lost to keep him.

VERY FEW PEOPLE feel this way about Trent Green...

save for those few still pining over Elvis.

Most people are willing to give him a chance and its mostly the Grbackers that are saying 'see, see...I told you so.'

Yeah, I recognize it cause I played that game too...

but I waited alittle longer than four games.

All we are say-ing is give Green a chance!!!

RainMaiden
10-13-2001, 12:46 AM
I'm really surprised that Green is catching so much hell. It was pretty obvious to me that last week the receivers weren't where they were supposed to be, and heck, I ain't even a Chiefs fan. If KC's receiving corp wasn't tattered, Green wouldn't be having such a tough time. Look what's happened to Denver's passing game with Eddie Mac gone...it went from one of the best to barely average, if even that, and it's because there's only one receiver thus far Griese can trust to throw the ball to, that being Rod Smith (and that includes the TE's). Green, as far as I can tell, has Tony G (who, btw, would look exceptionally good in orange and blue, with a horse on his helmet come next year :D) to count on. I have no doubt that Green and Company will look much better against the Steelers.

Oh, and one more thing, how the heck did the Rams end up with those receivers AND Marshall Faulk? Did they realize right away what they had? There was some kind of genious at work there.

Chiefaholic
10-13-2001, 12:55 AM
Memyselfi....

I wouldn't say it's the Grbackers that are against Green. I've debated with these guys a rediculous number of posts about how Grbac would improve given time to develope chemistry with his recievers.

And ONCE AGAIN.... I'm telling these guys that Green isn't near as bad as his CURRENT numbers show. I've seen the guy play in both Washington and St. Louis. And he's a hell of a QB once he develops chemistry with his WR's.

Yes... Trent did make some bad throws. But, don't ALL QB's in the league with a new team (excluding Marino)? And like myself, Vermeil, Saunders, Martz, and a few others on this board point out.... This offense is designed for a QB to throw to a specific spot on the field. If the WR makes a mistake and cuts the wrong direction, it sure makes the QB look bad. But, what do you expect when Trent is forced to throw to a different core of WR's every week? It's bad enough our recievers are still learning their routes. But, it's worse that Green can't develope timing and chemistry with his WR's because they've been playing musical chairs all season so far.

This offense WILL look better. And Trent Greens QB rating will look a LOT better ifr the Chiefs can manage to get past this damn injury bug that's been plaging the recieving core. To prove this point, answer this question..... Which reciever has practiced with the first team through all of preseason and regular season?... Tony Gonzalez....... Look at his numbers. Trent and Tony are on the same page right now. But, opponents have been showing double and triple coverage against Tony. Somebody else HAS to step up (Alexander) befor Trent puts up a respectable QB rating.

Next year we'll have $35 million that we didn't have this year. Vermeil came in here and cut out all of the overpriced underachieving players and were taking the cap hit this year. I feel really good about what this franchise can achieve two or three years down the road.

BTW.... Those of you saying, "Vermeil won't be here in three years...", havn't read a quote by Vermeil stating he may consider coaching longer.

Chiefaholic
10-13-2001, 01:03 AM
Rainmaiden...

The Rams already had Isaac Bruce when Vermeil arrived. He basically did the same thing in St. Louis he did in KC. He got rid of all of the dead weight and signed people worth their asking price.

Holt was drafted his third season.... Faulk was acquired from the Colts for a measly second and fifth round draft pick. The Colts traded him because they knew they wanted to draft James and Faulk was asking for a $10 million bonus. Not to mention he had a history of injury. The irony was that James held out of camp till he recieved a $10 million bonus that the Colts baulked at Faulk for asking. Ricky Prowle was a FA from the Seahawks. And Hakim was a 5th round draft pick in Vermeils third year as well.

Mosbonian
10-13-2001, 06:51 AM
Not all "Green-bashers" are Grbackers.....that's a generalization that can't be made.

My frustration with Green more lies with his poor judgement and decision-making thus far. We can all rant and rave about the bad health of our receiving corps, but the fact remains that, save for the Redskins game, he has made some pretty poor decisions in some pretty crucial moments. A 10 year veteran isn't supposed to be making poor judgements like that!!!

I support this team, I like the direction that they are taking in most areas, but the decision to have Green as our QBOTF is not one I am happy with. As I have said in another thread, if Green does well and proves me wrong, i will be here to take my lumps.

BTW, if Green was doing well thus far, I can tell you that the Green-backers would be just as loud in their defense of him as I am now in his lack of success.

mark

Cochise
04-16-2005, 11:52 AM
hehe :D

Ebolapox
04-16-2005, 12:28 PM
Rehehheeeeeheee

-EB-

chiefs4me
04-16-2005, 12:35 PM
Someone tell me why this 3 year old thread was bumped...:hmmm:

Ebolapox
04-16-2005, 12:36 PM
sh*ts and giggles

-EB-

NewChief
04-16-2005, 12:47 PM
I'm sorry if anyone remembered this but...
Do any of REMEMBER TRENT POSTING HERE BEFORE HE WAS A CHIEF????? I do and right off hand can't remember the name he used but I would assume he still looks. What/why is everyone bashing the H%LL out of him? It's only 4 games and crap most of the defense is out...we just don't have much of a team this year, but just wait. It will happen for us, if not this year (not) then next~

You tell them, TK. You guys really hurt my feelings back then.

Ebolapox
04-16-2005, 12:49 PM
You tell them, TK. You guys really hurt my feelings back then.

ROFL

that's teh rep4u

-EB-