PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Should The Lounge be permanently renamed to "Derrick's Hall"?

BigRedChief
10-17-2009, 09:02 AM
We had this discussion at the Planet bash. Everyone seemed to like the idea. So, let's vote and see what the community thinks of the idea.

We can always temporarily rename in honor of posters that pass away, or former players etc.

Poll is public.

Dave Lane
10-17-2009, 09:07 AM
Don't believe in god but good sounds good to me. Also temporary changes to Superbowl Champs Forum should be allowed :)

CaliforniaChief
10-17-2009, 09:13 AM
Permanent? No. For a long time? Sure. Nothing against DT...he's my favorite of all time.

BigRedChief
10-17-2009, 09:13 AM
for those of you voting no, why? off the field behaviour?

BigRedChief
10-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Permanent? No. For a long time? Sure. Nothing against DT...he's my favorite of all time.The gist of discussion at the bash centered around the fact that the "Lounge" was kind of generic and we needed a more Chiefs related title. It's not a big deal. I just promised some at the Bash I'd create a poll about it, just following up.

big nasty kcnut
10-17-2009, 09:25 AM
Hell yeah why it shouldn't be it unamerican if it not Derrick's Hall.

Coach
10-17-2009, 09:26 AM

I haven't voted, but one thought that does come into mind is that, if it wasn't for Lamar Hunt who moved the team from Dallas to Kansas City, then more than likely no Derrick Thomas.

KCUnited
10-17-2009, 09:29 AM
With all the shit flinging, poop talk, and daily retartation, I think The Lounge may be more appropriate than Derrick's Hall, but that's just my opinion.

milkman
10-17-2009, 09:30 AM
I haven't voted, but one thought that does come into mind is that, if it wasn't for Lamar Hunt who moved the team from Dallas to Kansas City, then more than likely no Derrick Thomas.

I'm a loss to understand this post.

If Hunt hadn't moved his football franchise, then theer'd be no Chiefsplanet.

What's the point?

Ebolapox
10-17-2009, 09:34 AM
yeah, nothing against DT, as he was amazing, but it has to be named after lamar hunt if it's named after anybody on a permanent basis.

Coach
10-17-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm a loss to understand this post.

If Hunt hadn't moved his football franchise, then theer'd be no Chiefsplanet.

What's the point?

The point is, BRC is wondering if the Lounge should be permanently renamed to Derrick's Hall. I'm just saying that, I think Lamar should have that honor.

Otherwise, this probably would be the Texanplanet.

Saulbadguy
10-17-2009, 09:36 AM
No. The Chiefs are bigger than DT.

wazu
10-17-2009, 09:36 AM

No. I just think it's a little extreme to make it permanent. He was a great player, but we never won a Superbowl with him. Never even went to one. I think it would make sense to make the name change last to the end of this NFL season since this is the year he made it in the Hall, but after that I think it should go back to business as usual.

Plus I kind of enjoy the comical name changes from time to time based on whatever the latest meltdown is.

LaChapelle
10-17-2009, 09:39 AM
yeah, nothing against DT, as he was amazing, but it has to be named after lamar hunt if it's named after anybody on a permanent basis.

I agree, If you need to honor someone honor Lamar. If a player Joe Delany.

I really think the past should be just that, the past. Let's live in the now.

scott free
No. The Chiefs are bigger than DT.

BigRedChief
Plus I kind of enjoy the comical name changes from time to time based on whatever the latest meltdown is.Temp name changes would be allowed. See opening post.

Bugeater
10-17-2009, 09:42 AM
I'm not in favor of it being renamed after any particular person.

BigRedChief
10-17-2009, 09:42 AM
No. The Chiefs are bigger than DT.a valid point. But "the Lounge" isn't Chiefs related either.

milkman
10-17-2009, 09:44 AM
The point is, BRC is wondering if the Lounge should be permanently renamed to Derrick's Hall. I'm just saying that, I think Lamar should have that honor.

Otherwise, this probably would be the Texanplanet.

:doh!:

I'm a dumbass, and should be kicked in the nads for not getting that.

Never mind me, I'm just going to go to a corner and drool in my eggs.

DaFace
10-17-2009, 09:47 AM
I voted no. It's a team, so elevating any particular player in that way so that EVERY DAY it's staring us in the face just seems weird.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2009, 09:48 AM
I loved Derrick Thomas as a Chief, but there's a little too much Kurt Cobain Syndrome going on with him.

Mojo Jojo
10-17-2009, 09:51 AM

Because he is not the greatest Chiefs player of all-time; he's not even the greatest Chiefs linebacker of all-time.

Bugeater
10-17-2009, 10:02 AM
a valid point. But "the Lounge" isn't Chiefs related either.
I wouldn't have a problem with it being renamed something Chiefs related. IMO the fans are what really drive sports, so I'd rather see something that recognizes them as well as the players/coaches etc.

DaFace
10-17-2009, 10:07 AM

Nor are the names of most Chiefs sports bars.

BigRedChief
10-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Nor are the names of most Chiefs sports bars.True dat.

JohninGpt
10-17-2009, 10:25 AM
I voted no. "Derrick's Hall" is great, but the name of the Lounge has always changed to fit the times. Right now it should be named "The Vacuum". We suck.

scott free
10-17-2009, 10:26 AM
I voted no. "Derrick's Hall" is great, but the name of the Lounge has always changed to fit the times. Right now it should be named "The Vacuum". We suck.

Nice.

How about 'The Scrounge'?

Coach
10-17-2009, 10:28 AM
:doh!:

I'm a dumbass, and should be kicked in the nads for not getting that.

Never mind me, I'm just going to go to a corner and drool in my eggs.

It's all right. I should have explained it out more clearly when I made that first post.

So if there is some blame to this, I should bear some of it as well.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-17-2009, 10:29 AM
Because he is not the greatest Chiefs player of all-time; he's not even the greatest Chiefs linebacker of all-time.

Thread over.

C-Mac
10-17-2009, 10:31 AM

Dis

"Bob" Dobbs
10-17-2009, 10:31 AM
What about something simple... i.e. "Arrowhead"?

LaChapelle
10-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Re-naming Washington DC would be interesting. The Siavii

redsurfer11
10-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Always thought "The Core" would be a good name for it. With all the meltdowns on here. In reality it should be called "The 40 Year Waiting Room".

"Bob" Dobbs
10-17-2009, 10:54 AM
Or, how 'bout "The Tailgate"?

scott free
10-17-2009, 10:56 AM

Thats cool...

wild1
10-17-2009, 11:02 AM
What about all the other hall of famers? I don't think he should be supreme over all of them, personally.

Mojo Jojo
10-17-2009, 11:22 AM
What about something simple... i.e. "Arrowhead"?

How about just "The Head"?

thurman merman
10-17-2009, 11:23 AM

because "derrick's hall" just sounds gay.

milkman
10-17-2009, 11:24 AM

:rolleyes:

Coach
10-17-2009, 11:25 AM

Real mature. :shake:

"Bob" Dobbs
10-17-2009, 11:43 AM
I agree that it shouldn't be any single player, except for special temporary occasions.

JuicesFlowing
10-17-2009, 11:59 AM

I only voted No because I don't like the word "permanent" ... I like the fact that the Lounge changes names occasionally to fit the mood of the times ... that's all.

ChiefsCountry
10-17-2009, 12:00 PM
No, I loved Derrick but he is a little ways down the list on greatest Chiefs even. Lenny, Bobby, Willie, and Buck were alot better than DT.

milkman
10-17-2009, 12:04 PM
No, I loved Derrick but he is a little ways down the list on greatest Chiefs even. Lenny, Bobby, Willie, and Buck were alot better than DT.

I used to take a lot of shit for saying this exact thing when talking about DT.

mikey23545
10-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Absolutely not. Why should it be named for any one particular player?

If you wanted to name it for a player who is deceased, name it for Joe Delaney. At least he died a hero, not by being too stupid to wear a seat belt.

smittysbar
10-17-2009, 12:21 PM

I like this

stumppy
10-17-2009, 01:02 PM
I'd rather not have Derricks' name associated with some of the stupid shit that goes on in here.

Reerun_KC
10-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Can we get it renamed in Honor of Carl Peterson and his accomplishments?

Pink Paradise 2010
10-17-2009, 03:08 PM
it would be a nice gesture

Rain Man
10-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Can we get it renamed in Honor of Carl Peterson and his accomplishments?

Why do you think it's called the Lounge?

I love Derrick as much as anyone, but football is a team sport and we've had lots of great players. No to the homage.

StcChief
10-17-2009, 04:50 PM
no the name should be flexible...maybe a sub-forum for HOF stuff.?

patteeu
10-17-2009, 05:20 PM
I voted "NO". It's not something I feel strongly about, but to the extent that I care at all, DT isn't the single person I'd pick to reflect Chiefs football. Why Derrick's Hall instead of Stram's Hall or Lanier's Hall or Dawson's Hall or even Delaney's Hall (since 37Forever had so much to do with this site for so long)? Speaking of which, 37Forever is kind of an ironic name now that I think about it.

patteeu
10-17-2009, 05:27 PM

Lamar Hunt's Hall would probably be about as good as you could get if you were going to single out one person to stand in as a representative of the Chiefs franchise.

patteeu
10-17-2009, 05:30 PM

ArrowheadOnline

iArrowhead

Virtual Arrowhead

The Arrowhead Lounge

Home of the 12th Chief

chasedude
10-17-2009, 05:49 PM

This is why I voted No, Lamar Hunt should be remembered over DT.

kcfanXIII
10-17-2009, 05:59 PM
i voted yes, before thinking about it. after reading the thread i admit i've been swayed. i'm all for naming in honor of either lamar or stram, or something more chiefs oriented, but it shouldn't be dt, or any other player for that matter. although how often is the front page dominated by chiefs threads anyways?

DaFace
10-17-2009, 06:02 PM
i voted yes, before thinking about it. after reading the thread i admit i've been swayed. i'm all for naming in honor of either lamar or stram, or something more chiefs oriented. although how often is the front page dominated by chiefs threads anyways?

Yeah, that's always been my thinking. I've always liked "The Lounge" because it implies a very relaxed atmosphere that a lot of people dig about the Planet. I'm all for Chiefs-related names on occasion, but I personally wouldn't be into naming it anything football related permanently. Doing so implies a level of restriction in conversation that isn't really what this place is all about.

milkman
10-17-2009, 06:02 PM
It should be named "Big Horn", cause it's a famous battleground, and there's always battles around here.

"Bob" Dobbs
10-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Yeah, that's always been my thinking. I've always liked "The Lounge" because it implies a very relaxed atmosphere that a lot of people dig about the Planet. I'm all for Chiefs-related names on occasion, but I personally wouldn't be into naming it anything football related permanently. Doing so implies a level of restriction in conversation that isn't really what this place is all about.That's why I think "The Tailgate" works. Party in a Chiefs atmosphere.