PDA

View Full Version : KU ****OFFICIAL OU Sooners @ KU Jayhawks (Football Game) Prediction Thread*****

Archie F. Swin
10-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Poll Forthcoming: Who will win this game and how many points will the winning team have to score?

Silock
10-18-2009, 06:25 PM
OU. Our defense is a fucking embarrassment. It's like CHIEFS bad.

ArrowheadHawk
10-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Jayhawks with the upset. Hey I pick the chiefs every week also.

58-4ever
10-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Easiest game to predict ALL year. 35-17. Boomer Sooner!!

Mr. Laz
10-18-2009, 06:30 PM
why is a butthorn so interest in a KU game?

:p

KC_Connection
10-18-2009, 06:33 PM
I would have to say OU, but I think it will be close. KU will be in the game.

chiefsfan987
10-18-2009, 07:24 PM
It'll probably be OU in a rout, but I'm hopin the hawks win.

KcMizzou
10-18-2009, 07:35 PM
KU has about the same chance to win next week that Mizzou does.

Reerun_KC
10-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Going with the homervision... Jayhawks get back on track...

Saulbadguy
10-18-2009, 07:50 PM
Jayhawks with the upset. Hey I pick the chiefs every week also.

Not sure it's even an upset at this point.

Archie F. Swin
10-18-2009, 09:07 PM
I would be scared if Bradford was healthy. But I take the Jayhawks with a final score of 36-35

sedated
10-18-2009, 09:32 PM
the only excuse for KU looking so pathetic the last 2 weeks was looking ahead to OU.

either that, or they are the most overrated team in the country (excluding penn state and ohoi state, but that goes without saying after all these years)

Chiefspants
10-18-2009, 09:40 PM
I do not see how anyone sees KU in this game.

Iowa State managed 3 points against Iowa, and 36 against KU.

I am a huge KU fan, but I see Oklahoma going on a rampage against KU next week.

41-20 Oklahoma.

BWillie
10-18-2009, 09:41 PM
OU by 3 touchdowns

Reerun_KC
10-18-2009, 09:42 PM

41-20 Oklahoma.

I kind of agree....

Lzen
10-18-2009, 09:42 PM

41-20 Oklahoma.

You see, comparative scoring is a farce. Houston beat Texas Tech and Oklahoma State. KU whooped UTEP and UTEP beat the crap out of Houston. Does that mean KU is that much better than Houston and by scoring comparison, way better than OSU? No, of course not.

Coach
10-18-2009, 09:44 PM
It will be interesting to see which KU offense is going to show up. The one that was sleepwalking through the first half of the Colorado game, or the one that will hit all cylinders like they did in the Iowa St. game.

Chiefspants
10-18-2009, 09:59 PM
You see, comparative scoring is a farce. Houston beat Texas Tech and Oklahoma State. KU whooped UTEP and UTEP beat the crap out of Houston. Does that mean KU is that much better than Houston and by scoring comparison, way better than OSU? No, of course not.

I would agree with you if this was only an outlier for KU's defense. The problem is that Colorado, Iowa State, an even Southern Miss had great offensive games against KU when compared with the other games they have played.

And lets not even focus on comparative scoring here. I am pretty sure both Iowa State and Colorado have rather "poor" offenses. Sure, Oklahoma was held to 13 points yesterday, but that was against a great texas defense. If one compares the offensive talent from Oklahoma and Colorado the teams would not even be in the same spectrums.

I am also foreseeing issues on the offensive side, sure Reesing and company have had a great season so far, but this is going to be their first true test on offense.

I can only see a bad result for KU.

WilliamTheIrish
10-18-2009, 10:01 PM
I don't think it's about offense at all.

You better stop the other team. KU has real problems in that area.

okcchief
10-18-2009, 11:14 PM
I love KU but this one will be hard to watch. OU will be ready to take the boots to someone and our defense blows.

Old Dog
10-19-2009, 08:25 AM
Not sure it's even an upset at this point.

Vegas disagrees, OU is a 7 point favorite.

kepp
10-19-2009, 08:30 AM

This

ChiTown
10-19-2009, 08:54 AM
ou 31
ku 19

Midget Jesus will have a tough time getting into the endzone against ou's D.

irishjayhawk
10-19-2009, 08:56 AM

Yep.

kepp
10-19-2009, 09:01 AM
ou 31
ku 19

Midget Jesus will have a tough time getting into the endzone against ou's D.

So you're thinking that OU scores less than Iowa State and Colorado did?

Frazod
10-19-2009, 09:41 AM
KU has about the same chance to win next week that Mizzou does.

Yep. We're both going to get abused like blow up sex dolls next week. I think KU will probably get the worst of it, though. The Gooners' level of rage must be pretty high at this point - I'm glad we won't be on the receiving end of that shitstorm. Texas will just be taking care of business.

wild1
10-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Patriots/Oilers redux?

Bearcat
10-19-2009, 10:05 AM
I'd like to make believe Kansas' defense isn't that terrible, since two of CU's TDs were drives of less than 5 yards... and they didn't seem to get pushed around as much in the 2nd half against CU as they did against ISU. And I'd like to believe they've been sleep walking the past 2 weeks...

Eh, I think it could be a lot like last year, with OU staying out in front by a TD or two for most of the game, then putting it away in the 3rd or 4th when Kansas threatens but can't make the one necessary stop on defense.

Or, they could just take 'em to the woodshed.

CoMoChief
10-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Kansas wins in a blowout.

Aldrich with a triple double.
Collins with 22pts
Henry and Taylor with 14pts

Oh wait.......

ChiefsNWildcats
10-19-2009, 10:37 AM
OU has shown in the past that mobile QB's can hurt them. If Reesing can tuck the ball and run or Briscoe goes nuts KU can win.

Also, where is OU's head at right now? 3-3 and just lost their QB again. Are they still motivated or down in the dumps?

GoHuge
10-19-2009, 10:52 AM
As mentioned Colorado, Iowa State, and Southern Miss had really good offensive games against the Hawks. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say OU has a better offense than all of those teams even with Landry Jones playing for Bradford. Also OU held Texas to 269 yards and 16 points. They only team to score 20 points on them was Miami in a 21-20 game. OU has lost three games this year all to Top-25 teams by an accumulative total of 5 points. We all know the Hawks have really struggled in their first two Big 12 games. The defense has been much worse than the offense has been good. They had -8 yards in 22 rushing attempts against Colorado (didn't watch the game, but how does that happen?). Reesing threw for over 400 yards which is a good stat, but it was 400+ yards because that was the only way they could move the ball. If KU couldn't run against CU and are one-dimensional on offense this week they're going to have a hell of a time with Oklahoma. If I was in Vegas I'd load up on the Sooners at -7. That line will be over 10 by game time. 42-17 OU.

Saulbadguy
10-19-2009, 10:55 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Carpy/history.jpg

Reerun_KC
10-19-2009, 11:01 AM
I have a feeling this thread is going to draw more fans from other teams than our own...

the obsession with KU is undeniable....

Reerun_KC
10-19-2009, 11:01 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Carpy/history.jpg

:clap:

Props Saul, did you design that?

Saulbadguy
10-19-2009, 11:04 AM
I have a feeling this thread is going to draw more fans from other teams than our own...

Which is kind of telling, really. Anytime a chink in the armor is exposed, the phans on this board go scurrying.

Saulbadguy
10-19-2009, 11:04 AM

Props Saul, did you design that?

Heh - it is a billboard on I-70. Kind of funny.

Archie F. Swin
10-19-2009, 11:08 AM
I almost like KU football as much as I hate OU Football. :Lin:

sedated
10-19-2009, 11:09 AM
OU will dominate if jake sharp sees as much time as he did against the Buffs. Where the hell was Opurum? Sharp couldn't do anything, and that's a main reason the offense couldn't move in the first half (along with Reesing's newfound inaccuracy)

ChiTown
10-19-2009, 11:13 AM

I think, and it's only a guess, that the early season chest thumping by your fans on CP has brought this on (opposing fans comments).

Your Passing Offense is undeniably exceptional (best combo of qb and wr's in CFB). However, your overall offense has been nothing but one dimensional thus far in 2 B12 games against 2 bad to mediocre opponents (45 yds rushing against CU and 109 against ISU - a total of 53 rushes for 162 yds). I highly doubt that's going to fool the really good teams coming up on your schedule. Most opposing fans saw that, most ku fans did not. Nothing unusual about that, but you should also note that there is nothing unusual about getting some shit tossed back as well.

Feel free to call it obsession, but I like to think of it as your Welcome Home party. As in, welcome back to reality.

Demonpenz
10-19-2009, 11:22 AM
does anyone know what time Game Day is showing up?

irishjayhawk
10-19-2009, 11:23 AM
I'd like to make believe Kansas' defense isn't that terrible, since two of CU's TDs were drives of less than 5 yards... and they didn't seem to get pushed around as much in the 2nd half against CU as they did against ISU. And I'd like to believe they've been sleep walking the past 2 weeks...

Eh, I think it could be a lot like last year, with OU staying out in front by a TD or two for most of the game, then putting it away in the 3rd or 4th when Kansas threatens but can't make the one necessary stop on defense.

That was my take as well.

wild1
10-19-2009, 11:25 AM
I think, and it's only a guess, that the early season chest thumping by your fans on CP has brought this on (opposing fans comments).

Your Passing Offense is undeniably exceptional (best combo of qb and wr's in CFB). However, your overall offense has been nothing but one dimensional thus far in 2 B12 games against 2 bad to mediocre opponents (45 yds rushing against CU and 109 against ISU - a total of 53 rushes for 162 yds). I highly doubt that's going to fool the really good teams coming up on your schedule. Most opposing fans saw that, most ku fans did not. Nothing unusual about that, but you should also note that there is nothing unusual about getting some shit tossed back as well.

Feel free to call it obsession, but I like to think of it as your Welcome Home party. As in, welcome back to reality.

Yeah. You can't be one dimensional against teams that have the talent to get to the QB without bringing additional rushers. It will be hard for Kansas to move the ball.

kepp
10-19-2009, 11:29 AM

Fixed it.

ChiTown
10-19-2009, 11:31 AM

It IS historic!

4 yrs of Midget Jesus and they won't even have one North Title to show for it! Hell, even the Columbia Booger Eater won 2 North Titles.

;)

irishjayhawk
10-19-2009, 11:48 AM
It IS historic!

4 yrs of Midget Jesus and they won't even have one North Title to show for it! Hell, even the Columbia Booger Eater won 2 North Titles.

;)

I wish Reesing would get the attention from the media that would warrant the title Midget Jesus. Then I could laugh (in agreement) at your post.

As it is, it's an insult to Jesus, himself.

sedated
10-19-2009, 11:48 AM
It IS historic!

;)

KU and mu split the title in 2007.

so...uh...there. i guess.

Skip Towne
10-19-2009, 11:51 AM

Or was it Nebraska and MU?

GoHuge
10-19-2009, 11:52 AM

the obsession with KU is undeniable....Yeah by the end of this football season obsession is going to turn to conversion. You won't be able to find Rit dye in crimson or blue in any store or online catalog with everyone dying their team gear to jump on the KU bandwagon. "Out of stock" is going to become a way of life for these new converts. Craft stores will have giant signs in the windows saying "Don't bother stopping for KU colors" School children will begin black marketing crayola's in any shade of red and blue (of course the purist red and blue bring top dollar), every dealership will be void of red or blue vehicles, and blue and red food coloring will become a precious commodity just so people can shit KU. I'm calling my broker to load up on Dupont stock right now.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK, KU!!! Oh that felt good! :bang: :ksu::mizzou:

kepp
10-19-2009, 11:57 AM

And congratulations on your self-awarded trophy.

LiL stumppy
10-19-2009, 11:58 AM
You guys are forgetting to remember OU has lost to 3 ranked teams, 2 by 1 point each, and other by 3. Without their AA TE and QB. They're still a better football team than anybody in the north, I do respect KU a lot and like what they're doing, but it will not be a game.

ChiTown
10-19-2009, 11:58 AM

My apologies!

Congrats for getting the opportunity to sit at home with your "split title" and watch mu actually play 0u for the conference title.

;)

Sam Hall
10-19-2009, 12:03 PM
It's hard to be excited about our teams after what happened this past Saturday. It's shaping up to be another average season.

kepp
10-19-2009, 12:04 PM
It's hard to be excited about our teams after what happened this past Saturday. It's shaping up to be another average season.

Agreed

Bearcat
10-19-2009, 12:06 PM

Sometimes I think others get a different version of this board than I do, and I don't mean the non-homer-vision version. I haven't seen much chest thumping from any North school's fans, outside of the usual chest thumping posters.

What's telling is that Kansas lost to freakin' Colorado, and this thread hasn't gone to Hell yet.... because no one has much room to talk at this point. It's like the Little Big Ten, sans sweater vest.

kepp
10-19-2009, 12:09 PM
It's like the Little Big Ten, sans sweater vest.

Oh my Lord, that's true :shake:

Saulbadguy
10-19-2009, 12:13 PM

I'm excited about KSU. I figured they'd win 3 or 4 games this season, but Saturday made me think that Snyder may know what he is doing the 2nd time around.

Granted, they could destroy all that with a loss to CU, but to be in this position is still pretty fun.

Reerun_KC
10-19-2009, 12:14 PM
It IS historic!

;)I will take a BCS Bowl win over some division title anyday of the week...

Coach
10-19-2009, 12:16 PM
I'm excited about KSU. I figured they'd win 3 or 4 games this season, but Saturday made me think that Snyder may know what he is doing the 2nd time around.

Granted, they could destroy all that with a loss to CU, but to be in this position is still pretty fun.

In all honesty, I do have a hard time Ron Prince collecting 4 wins if he was still coaching K-State.

ChiTown
10-19-2009, 12:22 PM
I will take a BCS Bowl win over some division title anyday of the week...

Actually, it's allowable to do both!
:)

KSU did in 1997 what you did in 2007. NU won the North Title (and the B12 Title, as well the MNC), and our only loss was to them. We played Syracuse in the precursor to the BCS - Bowl Coalition - Fiesta Bowl. The only difference is, we actually beat a good team.:evil:

Frazod
10-19-2009, 12:25 PM
I will take a BCS Bowl win over some division title anyday of the week...

Even though it is universally acknowledged by anyone knowledgeable on the subject, including your own fans, that getting selected to play in that game was a complete and utter fucking joke, and just one more example of why the BCS is the biggest pile of festering shit ever forced upon an organized sport.

But hey, enjoy it. Illinois people thump their chests over being "selected" that year, too.

Lzen
10-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Vegas disagrees, OU is a 7 point favorite.

Really? I heard they are a 4 point favorite?

Buehler445
10-19-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm honestly expecting a poor outing from KU.

I mean really. ISU missed a wide open TD for the fucking win. At Lawrence. For homecoming. That is not the sign of a good team. CU has to have the dumbest coach on the planet. And down we go.

What really impressed me was OUs D on saturday. In last year's game there wasn't much D being played. If OU brings that nastiness saturday, coupled with KUs typical slow start and _fense, it could be terrible.

Looking up though, it looks like Murray isn't on the same level as last year, and their WR corps doesn't look as explosive. But I'm still expecting a shitstomping until KU can show me that they can play with the big boys.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen
10-19-2009, 12:30 PM

I would like to think that, too. Not counting on it, but I'm hoping. :)
BTW, there were several players that started or played on defense for the first time this past week. Quigley, John Williams, Lubbock Smith, and even McDougald. As bad as the score was, the defensive effort wasn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Their biggest problem, IMO, was getting a handle on that slippery QB. Good Lord, Dan Hawkins is a freakin' idiot. CU might only have 1 loss by now if he had played the right QB from the start.

bobbything
10-19-2009, 12:36 PM
KU will lose by double digits. 14 is my prediction. But, I think it will be like last year. High scoring.

45-31 Sooners. KU's defense gets boatraced while the offense has to play catchup all day.

Lzen
10-19-2009, 12:36 PM
As mentioned Colorado, Iowa State, and Southern Miss had really good offensive games against the Hawks. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say OU has a better offense than all of those teams even with Landry Jones playing for Bradford. Also OU held Texas to 269 yards and 16 points. They only team to score 20 points on them was Miami in a 21-20 game. OU has lost three games this year all to Top-25 teams by an accumulative total of 5 points. We all know the Hawks have really struggled in their first two Big 12 games. The defense has been much worse than the offense has been good. They had -8 yards in 22 rushing attempts against Colorado (didn't watch the game, but how does that happen?). Reesing threw for over 400 yards which is a good stat, but it was 400+ yards because that was the only way they could move the ball. If KU couldn't run against CU and are one-dimensional on offense this week they're going to have a hell of a time with Oklahoma. If I was in Vegas I'd load up on the Sooners at -7. That line will be over 10 by game time. 42-17 OU.

OU has lost their starting QB (Heisman winner last year) and their great TE. They also have struggled on the offensive line (they have 4 new starting Olinemen this year). Plus, they don't have some WRs that graduated. It's not quite that simple.

KU, for some strange reason, did not give the ball to Opurum except for maybe 1 or 2 carries that I can remember. That is a fail on the coach's part, IMO. Jake is good, but I don't know if he was ready to come back. And Opurum has looked pretty damn good so far while gelling with the Oline.

Also, the CU score looks worse than it should have because KU gave them the ball twice inside the 4 yard line. Kind of hard for any defense to stop a team from there. Those were 14 points. KU defense force a couple CU TOs, as well, but were not able to capitalize the same way. I think they got 6 points from them. Another point is that when you're down by a lot, you tend to throw the ball a lot more.

Just a few factors to think about. I really don't think the defense was as bad against CU as people want to make it sound.

Saulbadguy
10-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Good Lord, Dan Hawkins is a freakin' idiot. CU might only have 1 loss by now if he had played the right QB from the start.

Come on now - let's be realistic. They got friggin HAMMERED by Toledo. I still don't think they beat UT or WVU. Maybe Colorado State - although that would have been Hansen's first college football game.

Hawkins is an idiot and has played his son way too long (going back to the past few seasons) but let's not act like they would be a good team if he pulled the plug on his son earlier.

Lzen
10-19-2009, 12:40 PM
And congratulations on your self-awarded trophy.

Heh, that's cute. Hey, it's kind of lame, I agree. But the conference gave KU a trophy for a share of the North that year. Blame it on the conference if you don't like it.

Lzen
10-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Come on now - let's be realistic. They got friggin HAMMERED by Toledo. I still don't think they beat UT or WVU. Maybe Colorado State - although that would have been Hansen's first college football game.

Hawkins is an idiot and has played his son way too long (going back to the past few seasons) but let's not act like they would be a good team if he pulled the plug on his son earlier.

Ok, maybe I exaggerated a bit. I would bet that they would have beaten WVU and CSU. I didn't see Toledo but the score looks pretty. Was it just CU's defense or did Cody help them out? I saw most of the WVU game and for awhile I was thinking that CU might pull off the upset. But then typical Cody showed up and gave CU no chance.

wild1
10-19-2009, 12:43 PM
I mean really. ISU missed a wide open TD for the ****ing win. At Lawrence. For homecoming. That is not the sign of a good team. CU has to have the dumbest coach on the planet. And down we go.

:eek: had no idea things were that protracted

ChiTown
10-19-2009, 12:47 PM
KU will lose by double digits. 14 is my prediction. But, I think it will be like last year. High scoring.

45-31 Sooners. KU's defense gets boatraced while the offense has to play catchup all day.

If KU puts up 31 on the Sooners, they may just win the game. However, I just don't see how ku's 1-dimensional O is going to be able to put up those sorts of numbers against a VERY good 0u defense (#8 in Total D, and #4 in Sacks).

Lzen
10-19-2009, 12:48 PM
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/oct/19/kansas-will-beat-sooners/http://media.lawrence.com/img/staff/2009/keegan_r42x50.jpg?3913731fb126281141001f4d5e1a4892028de933 Keegan

Kansas will beat Sooners

By Tom Keegan (http://www2.kusports.com/staff/tom_keegan/)

Members of the local Pessimist Breakfast Club — they know who they are — between complaints about the texture of the eggs and the weakness of the coffee undoubtedly are grousing about how, if the Kansas University football team can’t defeat reeling Colorado, then it’s curtains for KU on Saturday against Oklahoma.
Here’s what the eternal pessimists are missing: This Kansas offense more closely resembles a typical Sooners offense than this year’s injury-torn Oklahoma unit does.

The Sooners don’t have their usual platoon of healthy, long, fast wideouts burning down the field. Kansas has the NCAA leader in receiving yards (Dezmon Briscoe, 134.2 per game) and the nation’s No. 2 receiver in terms of catches per game (Kerry Meier, nine).
Kansas doesn’t have the huge, dominant offensive line to match that of Oklahoma’s from a year ago, but again, the Sooners don’t have that sort of O-Line either.
Two of the past six Heisman Trophy winners — Sam Bradford (2008) and Jason White (2003) — played quarterback for OU, but if a 2009 Heisman Trophy candidate plays Saturday in Memorial Stadium his name will be Todd Reesing.
Again, if Briscoe had come down with what would have been a spectacular catch on the final play of the game in Boulder, then Reesing has his Heisman moment, which would have been the capper on a 59-second, 75-yard drive, and he vaults to the front of the Heisman pack. Instead Briscoe couldn’t hang onto it and Reesing fades to long-shot status. Fair or not, one play can make that much difference.
Reesing, who tore off his redshirt at halftime of the Colorado game as a freshman, finished his career 3-1 against the Buffaloes. This night belonged to Tyler Hansen, who fired up the Folsom Field crowd with relentless energy KU’s fans need to bring Saturday.
“The quarterback for Colorado was the difference-maker today,” KU coach Mark Mangino said after the game. “It’s unfortunate they picked this week to take his redshirt off, but I think they found their quarterback, that’s for sure.”
Consider it payback for Mangino taking Reesing’s redshirt off against CU. Why, when Hansen clearly is a superior quarterback to Cody Hawkins, did Colorado coach Dan Hawkins not have Hansen, a sophomore, as his starter the moment he stepped on campus? Simple answer: Hansen’s not related to the coach.
Oklahoma’s quarterback change hasn’t been as fruitful. After Bradford re-injured his shoulder, red-shirt freshman Landry Jones struggled to get anything going against the Texas defense Saturday. Barring a shocking recovery by Bradford in time to play Saturday, Kansas will face Jones. The difference between Bradford and Jones is as substantial as the gap between Hawkins and Hansen.
OU certainly has some advantageous matchups — its running backs are far quicker than KU’s linebackers, its defensive linemen much quicker than the Kansas blockers — but the hunch here is the team with the better quarterback wills its way to a victory Saturday. Kansas 28, Oklahoma 24.

Sure-Oz
10-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Better question, what round in the draft does Bradford go next year? i bet he's real kicking himself for coming back, alot of $$$ lost

Bearcat

Exactly like last year, huh? We don't even have to watch!

;)

Lzen
If KU puts up 31 on the Sooners, they may just win the game. However, I just don't see how ku's 1-dimensional O is going to be able to put up those sorts of numbers against a VERY good 0u defense (#8 in Total D, and #4 in Sacks).

Despite what you think, KU has 2 good RBs. I think the coaches were dumb for not letting Opurum carry the ball a lot more last week. I doubt they make the same mistake this week.

Lzen
10-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Better question, what round in the draft does Bradford go next year? i bet he's real kicking himself for coming back, alot of $$$ lost

I have been thinking that, too. Surely, he's realized that perhaps he didn't make the best choice.

ChiTown
10-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Despite what you think, KU has 2 good RBs. I think the coaches were dumb for not letting Opurum carry the ball a lot more last week. I doubt they make the same mistake this week.

I NEVER said they weren't good. I just said your O is 1-dimensional - which it is right now. You have rushed the ball 53 times for 162 total yards against 2 of the worst teams in the North. If that's not discouraging to you, I'm not sure what is.

Saulbadguy
10-19-2009, 01:04 PM
Ok, maybe I exaggerated a bit. I would bet that they would have beaten WVU and CSU. I didn't see Toledo but the score looks pretty. Was it just CU's defense or did Cody help them out? I saw most of the WVU game and for awhile I was thinking that CU might pull off the upset. But then typical Cody showed up and gave CU no chance.

CU was just flat out awful that game all around. The only reason the score was that close was CU got alot of points in garbage time.

I watched the WVU game as well. WVU fumbled it at least 3 times in the red-zone, it shouldn't have been that close.

Saulbadguy
10-19-2009, 01:10 PM
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/oct/19/kansas-will-beat-sooners/http://media.lawrence.com/img/staff/2009/keegan_r42x50.jpg?3913731fb126281141001f4d5e1a4892028de933 Keegan

Kansas will beat Sooners

By Tom Keegan (http://www2.kusports.com/staff/tom_keegan/)

Members of the local Pessimist Breakfast Club ó they know who they are ó between complaints about the texture of the eggs and the weakness of the coffee undoubtedly are grousing about how, if the Kansas University football team canít defeat reeling Colorado, then itís curtains for KU on Saturday against Oklahoma.
Hereís what the eternal pessimists are missing: This Kansas offense more closely resembles a typical Sooners offense than this yearís injury-torn Oklahoma unit does.

The Sooners donít have their usual platoon of healthy, long, fast wideouts burning down the field. Kansas has the NCAA leader in receiving yards (Dezmon Briscoe, 134.2 per game) and the nationís No. 2 receiver in terms of catches per game (Kerry Meier, nine).
Kansas doesnít have the huge, dominant offensive line to match that of Oklahomaís from a year ago, but again, the Sooners donít have that sort of O-Line either.
Two of the past six Heisman Trophy winners ó Sam Bradford (2008) and Jason White (2003) ó played quarterback for OU, but if a 2009 Heisman Trophy candidate plays Saturday in Memorial Stadium his name will be Todd Reesing.
Again, if Briscoe had come down with what would have been a spectacular catch on the final play of the game in Boulder, then Reesing has his Heisman moment, which would have been the capper on a 59-second, 75-yard drive, and he vaults to the front of the Heisman pack. Instead Briscoe couldnít hang onto it and Reesing fades to long-shot status. Fair or not, one play can make that much difference.
Reesing, who tore off his redshirt at halftime of the Colorado game as a freshman, finished his career 3-1 against the Buffaloes. This night belonged to Tyler Hansen, who fired up the Folsom Field crowd with relentless energy KUís fans need to bring Saturday.
ďThe quarterback for Colorado was the difference-maker today,Ē KU coach Mark Mangino said after the game. ďItís unfortunate they picked this week to take his redshirt off, but I think they found their quarterback, thatís for sure.Ē
Consider it payback for Mangino taking Reesingís redshirt off against CU. Why, when Hansen clearly is a superior quarterback to Cody Hawkins, did Colorado coach Dan Hawkins not have Hansen, a sophomore, as his starter the moment he stepped on campus? Simple answer: Hansenís not related to the coach.
Oklahomaís quarterback change hasnít been as fruitful. After Bradford re-injured his shoulder, red-shirt freshman Landry Jones struggled to get anything going against the Texas defense Saturday. Barring a shocking recovery by Bradford in time to play Saturday, Kansas will face Jones. The difference between Bradford and Jones is as substantial as the gap between Hawkins and Hansen.
OU certainly has some advantageous matchups ó its running backs are far quicker than KUís linebackers, its defensive linemen much quicker than the Kansas blockers ó but the hunch here is the team with the better quarterback wills its way to a victory Saturday. Kansas 28, Oklahoma 24.

I for one, would not be surprised by a KU win. OU is a very important game for KU. Win, and you are in the drivers seat for the North. Lose, and you may have just lost it.

bobbything
10-19-2009, 01:12 PM
Exactly like last year, huh? We don't even have to watch!

;)
Ha! Is that what the score was? Good call on my part.

GoHuge
10-19-2009, 03:37 PM
OU has lost their starting QB (Heisman winner last year) and their great TE. They also have struggled on the offensive line (they have 4 new starting Olinemen this year). Plus, they don't have some WRs that graduated. It's not quite that simple.

KU, for some strange reason, did not give the ball to Opurum except for maybe 1 or 2 carries that I can remember. That is a fail on the coach's part, IMO. Jake is good, but I don't know if he was ready to come back. And Opurum has looked pretty damn good so far while gelling with the Oline.

Also, the CU score looks worse than it should have because KU gave them the ball twice inside the 4 yard line. Kind of hard for any defense to stop a team from there. Those were 14 points. KU defense force a couple CU TOs, as well, but were not able to capitalize the same way. I think they got 6 points from them. Another point is that when you're down by a lot, you tend to throw the ball a lot more.

Just a few factors to think about. I really don't think the defense was as bad against CU as people want to make it sound.I appreciate passion for ones team, but you quoted my post apparently without reading it. You gave a litany of what OU has lost from last year when that isn't in the least bit relevant. I talked about what OU has done THIS year with the people that have played THIS year. Gresham and Bradford have been out all year (with the exception of Sam in the Baylor game). I have a family member that plays for OU and I'm well aware they have four new lineman and have lost WR's, Bradford, and Gresham. When I broke down what I thought the game might look like I did it based on this years stats and what has happened THIS f**king year. I didn't think about bringing back guys that are done for the year or currently in the NFL. I also left Adrian Peterson out of my evaluation. Not sure where you got lost.

Your talking about what happened to KU in the Colorado game and how this should have been this way, or if this would have happened, and if they didn't give them the ball on the 4 yard line twice, and if they would have capitalized on the turnovers, and if they wouldn't have gotten in a deep hole to start with they would have had a positive rushing yard, blah blah f**kin blah.............if your not living in fantasy land all of those things happened so that's what we have to go off of. Just like K-State in their epic FAIL against Tech. They where smoked like they took the field with 65 gimpy retards against a Top 25 team. If this, this, and, this, a turn here, and this didn't happen K-State would have been in the game. Guess what though? They played the game the way they did and they got pasted 66-14. That is reality and so is OU giving up only 269 yards and 16 points to Texas. That and 3 losses to top 25 teams by an accumulative total of five points this year without last years line, Bradford, Gresham, and the litany of NFL players past. At some point you have to apply NOW to the CURRENT situation and make predictions based on that. You said "it's not that quite that simple" when I layed out why I thought OU would win this game based on what's happend this year between the two teams. You said that after you laid out what OU lost from last year. Just curious........what the hell are you talking about?

Damn I don't mean to come down so hard on a fellow planeteer, but your post is riddled with stupid. It was just (paraphrasing here) "this isn't OU from last year (I believe we're aware of that, thank you) and if KU wouldn't have done this and did this, then we're talking about a horse of a different color." Well I can make a case for the Chiefs being 4-2 as well, but that's not reality. For example lets use that stupid cliche to find some perspective "if my grandma had nuts she'd be my grandpa." Well she doesn't, didn't, and never will. She's your GRANDMA!

sedated
10-19-2009, 04:02 PM

where the f**k was Opurum against colorado???

I was screaming this the entire 2nd half.

kepp
10-19-2009, 04:08 PM

The same thing happened to our running game in the second half against OSU. It was working too.

Reerun_KC
10-19-2009, 04:50 PM
still going with Homer goggles on...

KU in squeaker

Saulbadguy
10-19-2009, 04:52 PM
I appreciate passion for ones team, but you quoted my post apparently without reading it. You gave a litany of what OU has lost from last year when that isn't in the least bit relevant. I talked about what OU has done THIS year with the people that have played THIS year. Gresham and Bradford have been out all year (with the exception of Sam in the Baylor game). I have a family member that plays for OU and I'm well aware they have four new lineman and have lost WR's, Bradford, and Gresham. When I broke down what I thought the game might look like I did it based on this years stats and what has happened THIS f**king year. I didn't think about bringing back guys that are done for the year or currently in the NFL. I also left Adrian Peterson out of my evaluation. Not sure where you got lost.

Your talking about what happened to KU in the Colorado game and how this should have been this way, or if this would have happened, and if they didn't give them the ball on the 4 yard line twice, and if they would have capitalized on the turnovers, and if they wouldn't have gotten in a deep hole to start with they would have had a positive rushing yard, blah blah f**kin blah.............if your not living in fantasy land all of those things happened so that's what we have to go off of. Just like K-State in their epic FAIL against Tech. They where smoked like they took the field with 65 gimpy retards against a Top 25 team. If this, this, and, this, a turn here, and this didn't happen K-State would have been in the game. Guess what though? They played the game the way they did and they got pasted 66-14. That is reality and so is OU giving up only 269 yards and 16 points to Texas. That and 3 losses to top 25 teams by an accumulative total of five points this year without last years line, Bradford, Gresham, and the litany of NFL players past. At some point you have to apply NOW to the CURRENT situation and make predictions based on that. You said "it's not that quite that simple" when I layed out why I thought OU would win this game based on what's happend this year between the two teams. You said that after you laid out what OU lost from last year. Just curious........what the hell are you talking about?

Damn I don't mean to come down so hard on a fellow planeteer, but your post is riddled with stupid. It was just (paraphrasing here) "this isn't OU from last year (I believe we're aware of that, thank you) and if KU wouldn't have done this and did this, then we're talking about a horse of a different color." Well I can make a case for the Chiefs being 4-2 as well, but that's not reality. For example lets use that stupid cliche to find some perspective "if my grandma had nuts she'd be my grandpa." Well she doesn't, didn't, and never will. She's your GRANDMA!
tl;dr

GoHuge
10-19-2009, 06:19 PM
still going with Homer goggles on...

KU in squeakerThat aint dumb. I'd say the two coaches in the Big 12 that know Stoops the best, along with any tendencies are Snyder and Mangino. I don't see it happening, but it wouldn't blow me away if the bigger man came out on top.

Reerun_KC
10-19-2009, 06:21 PM
That aint dumb. I'd say the two coaches in the Big 12 that know Stoops the best, along with any tendencies are Snyder and Mangino. I don't see it happening, but it wouldn't blow me away if the bigger man came out on top.

LMAO

WilliamTheIrish
10-19-2009, 06:46 PM
An interesting stat on OU:

Three wins by a total 148 points.

Three losses by a total of 5 points.

Those three losses were to BYU, Miami, and Texas. Even in this down year, they were "this close" to being in contention for a BCS bid. I think KU has the offense to get it done.

But the defense... I dunno.

alanm
10-19-2009, 07:42 PM
I ain't predicting shit. The Huskers took a dump on the field as well Saturday. Although if Kansas's defense makes an appearance and can force some turnovers they have a chance.
And the Huskers. There's going to be some changes on the line and at QB.

GoHuge
10-19-2009, 07:49 PM
LMAOThought you might catch that :D!

Lzen
10-19-2009, 10:05 PM
I appreciate passion for ones team, but you quoted my post apparently without reading it. You gave a litany of what OU has lost from last year when that isn't in the least bit relevant. I talked about what OU has done THIS year with the people that have played THIS year. Gresham and Bradford have been out all year (with the exception of Sam in the Baylor game). I have a family member that plays for OU and I'm well aware they have four new lineman and have lost WR's, Bradford, and Gresham. When I broke down what I thought the game might look like I did it based on this years stats and what has happened THIS f**king year. I didn't think about bringing back guys that are done for the year or currently in the NFL. I also left Adrian Peterson out of my evaluation. Not sure where you got lost.

Apparently, you lack reading comprehension, as well. My point about the CU game was that the defense DID NOT play as poorly as you, as well several others, made it sound. That is just my opinion. But that's what we have here, is it not? Perhaps I was responding to your post as well as several other jackasses that posted about OU this and that and how it was gonna be like last year. . I get the feeling that some people still think OU is the juggernaut they were last year. They aren't and that was the only thing I was trying to say. But yes, you are right that I didn't address your comments about this year, except for what I said about CU.

Damn, you KSU fans get a big win and all of a sudden you guys turn into dicks. WTF? I haven't seen your fan base be so cocky in quite some time. I guess you all must still be butt hurt from losing to KU 4 out of the last 5 seasons.

Lzen
10-19-2009, 10:07 PM

I wonder wtf they were thinking not running him. Wish I knew.

Buehler445
10-24-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm not starting a game thread. I started the Colorado thread....yeah. Not doing that again.

dirk digler
10-24-2009, 02:39 PM
That didn't last long

BigOlChiefsfan
10-24-2009, 02:47 PM
Dang.

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 02:47 PM
Nope

Fucking Reesing strikes again...

Pablo
10-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Good to see Briscoe wasn't out long...

Skip Towne
10-24-2009, 02:56 PM
KU finally moving the ball.

Pablo
10-24-2009, 02:58 PM
Reesing is one fast little leprechaun.

Pablo
10-24-2009, 02:58 PM
Big tip for OU's 2nd INT.

Fuck me.

Buehler445
10-24-2009, 02:59 PM
F my life.

Skip Towne
10-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Nope

Fucking Reesing strikes again...

Yeah, I'll be glad when he's gone

Buehler445
10-24-2009, 03:02 PM

They need to get a line that will provide some protection.

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 03:02 PM

Not as glad as most of us will be when you are....

Pablo
10-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Fumblerooski!!!!!

JuicesFlowing
Awesome.

JuicesFlowing
SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pablo
Sonofabitch!!!!!

NO.

Pioli Zombie
10-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Not as glad as most of us will be when you are....
Is he dying???????????!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo
10-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Not as glad as most of us will be when you are....We all like Skip.

Pioli Zombie
10-24-2009, 03:06 PM
We all like Skip.

This word "all". I don't think it means what you think it means.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo
10-24-2009, 03:10 PM
This word "all". I don't think it means what you think it means.
Posted via Mobile DeviceAll means all people that aren't n00bs.

baitism
10-24-2009, 03:14 PM
LOL. Landry Jones is horrid.

Fritz88
10-24-2009, 03:21 PM
any online streams?

Fritz88
10-24-2009, 03:28 PM
wtf? where's everybody?

Skip Towne
That dude almost got one earlier.

the Talking Can
omg

that was the worst int i've seen....wtf reesing

80 yard pick 6

Reerun_KC
Nice Job Reesing...

Can you make it any more obvious where your throwing the ball?

KCFalcon59
10-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Reesing must be high. His passes are in slow motion.

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 03:30 PM
WTF is wrong with Reesing...

28 points in the last 2 games have been on his turnovers...

Fritz88
10-24-2009, 03:31 PM
things looking bad.

Fritz88
10-24-2009, 03:38 PM

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 03:41 PM
KU needs a TD right the fuck now!

This is freaking bullshit...

Skip Towne
10-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Opurom is a bull

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Has OU gotten a penalty yet today?

Fritz88
I can't believe there's no streaming for this game. OU is a power house.

Skip Towne
Get your head out KU.

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 03:49 PM
3 TO's What is the chance of winning now? 15%?

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Theres a break.....

Time for Bobs zebra friends to bail him out...

Skip Towne
10-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Now take advantage

KCChiefsMan
10-24-2009, 04:04 PM
I can't believe Briscoe dropped that

Skip Towne
10-24-2009, 04:04 PM
Heh, a 57 yard FG

KCChiefsMan
10-24-2009, 04:05 PM
I can't believe he made that FG!

BWillie
10-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Mangino must be smarter than me, I was cussing at my TV there. But w/ the wind - good play there. One possession game.

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 04:06 PM
I can't believe Briscoe dropped that

Yep, me either.. He has the Dwayne Bowe syndrome right now... Dropping everything that comes to him lately...

Dropped 2 TD;s in the endzone last weekend... Then that one...

UGH!

KCChiefsMan
10-24-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm still pissed that Briscoe dropped that TD

Fritz88
10-24-2009, 04:08 PM
Branstetter, a legendary fg.

BigOlChiefsfan
10-24-2009, 04:12 PM
Don't these kids dropping TD's and throwing INT's know about the clause in Mangina's contract? Back to back losses, he gets to BBQ up to 3 screwup players and one assistant coach. "Fee Fi Fo Fun! Rock Chalk Jayhawk on a bun! Om Nom Nom Rrrrawr!"

Fritz88
10-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Don't these kids dropping TD's and throwing INT's know about the clause in Mangina's contract? Back to back losses, he gets to BBQ up to 3 screwup players and one assistant coach. "Fee Fi Fo Fun! Rock Chalk Jayhawk on a bun! Om Nom Nom Rrrrawr!"

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

baitism
10-24-2009, 04:23 PM

And that is just his appetizer....

Lzen
10-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Mangino must be smarter than me, I was cussing at my TV there. But w/ the wind - good play there. One possession game.

It was a gamble, for sure. I'm guessing that Branstetter was making those long ones in warmups.

My take on the game so far. The young players that were inserted in KU's defense starting last week seem to be playing better. The defense looks better than it has in awhile. They kept KU in this game. Helluva kick by Branstetter to bring KU within a TD and 2 pt conv. of tying it up. KU's offense is moving up and down the field but they keep making uncharacteristic mistakes. Briscoe should have had a long TD at the end of the half there. Reesing threw that pick 6. That was unusual for an experienced QB like Reesing. If they get their heads in the game, KU can still win this thing.

A couple of notes about Reesing's play. I have noticed this year that he is not trying to scramble as much when a play breaks down. I know that is a directive by the coaches, but man sometimes you gotta let he guy do what he does best. And just like CU last week, OU was playing those short routes. The line was blocking OK. Reesing just has to get rid of it or run. I also wonder if that Heisman talk that picked up a couple weeks ago made Reesing lose a little focus.

baitism
10-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Does the broadcast for anyone else sound like it's inside a cave?

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Yep PI on KU...

Also OU getting away with Murder on the OL...

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Does the broadcast for anyone else sound like it's inside a cave?
Nope good here...

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 04:30 PM
WOW!

Reesing gets smoked twice int he first half on slides and then the minute they rough OU's pornstache, its a flag?

This is getting laughable now...

baitism
10-24-2009, 04:31 PM
Nope good here...

Alright. Sigh, only two more months till I move back to KC and can have my tv here.

Skip Towne
10-24-2009, 04:44 PM
Get a pick Stuckey

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 04:46 PM
OU is going to break this off in KU again....

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Ball game... OU is taking KU to the woodshed and rightfully so... KU pissed down their leg today, espically Reesing....

keg in kc
10-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Two thoughts:

Kansas is brutal.

Michigan is brutaler.

Fritz88
10-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Stoops knows the ins and outs of Mangino's game. KU players are scared shitless of powerhouses.

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Stoops knows the ins and outs of Mangino's game. KU players are scared shitless of powerhouses.

Yep agreed...

They have cashed this one in... They are showing no heart at all...

How can this guy call a Roughing penalty on OU... That is fucking bullshit!

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 05:00 PM
2 games in a row, Reesing is just total garbage...

Skip Towne
10-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Meier is invisible.

GoHuge
10-24-2009, 05:03 PM
I predicted 42-17. Apparently I gave KU too much credit. I didn't think this game would be close, but I didn't think KU would voluntarily roll over at their house. Good lord have some freaking pride at least.

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 05:11 PM
I predicted 42-17. Apparently I gave KU too much credit. I didn't think this game would be close, but I didn't think KU would voluntarily roll over at their house. Good lord have some freaking pride at least.

You were wrong...

They came out and took it right off the chin from the start.... OU has been putting the money shot on KUs face all game...

Reesing has been nothing short of garbage this game...

Saulbadguy
10-24-2009, 05:16 PM
OU is going to pisspound us :(

Fritz88
10-24-2009, 05:16 PM
You were wrong...

They came out and took it right off the chin from the start.... OU has been putting the money shot on KUs face all game...

Reesing has been nothing short of garbage this game...

Considering what Reesing has been doing for KU the past 3 years, i'll let him off the hook for this game.

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 05:18 PM
OU is going to pisspound us :(

They are flat out hammering KU in every aspect of the game....

Nothing to say now... KU will be lucky to finish .500 now...

baitism
10-24-2009, 05:19 PM
Will ABC switch to Miami-Clemson? It's tied going into the fourth...

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 05:19 PM
Considering what Reesing has been doing for KU the past 3 years, i'll let him off the hook for this game.

This is his SR year. He isnt playing to the level he played at the last 3 years... Now were near as effective moving around and making decisions.

Saulbadguy
10-24-2009, 05:25 PM
They are flat out hammering KU in every aspect of the game....

Nothing to say now... KU will be lucky to finish .500 now...

"HISTORY AWAITS!"

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 05:39 PM
"HISTORY AWAITS!"

It still does... Come on Saul, this can still be a historic year for KU, I will let you guess first...

Saulbadguy
10-24-2009, 05:40 PM
It still does... Come on Saul, this can still be a historic year for KU, I will let you guess first...

Realistically, they still do have a good shot at the Big XII North.

Pioli Zombie
10-24-2009, 05:41 PM
I vote for Oklahoma
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Realistically, they still do have a good shot at the Big XII North.
True, season isnt over, but they can still win 3 bowl games in a row... That is historic regardless of how this regular season ends...

Sure-Oz
10-24-2009, 05:43 PM
sorry about the asswooping guys

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 05:43 PM
I vote for Oklahoma
Posted via Mobile Device:clap:

pure genious...

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 05:44 PM
sorry about the asswooping guys

:cuss:

Die okay, just die

Sure-Oz
10-24-2009, 05:45 PM
:cuss:

Die okay, just die

i was being nice

i had a super shitty day at work and am going to try to enjoy my night, watching mu probably get smoked

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 05:46 PM
i was being nice

i had a super shitty day at work and am going to try to enjoy my night, watching mu probably get smokedit was in good fun....

Sure-Oz
10-24-2009, 05:47 PM
it was in good fun....

ROFL

seriously though, that sucks, i just hope mu stays close

work was rough (being on call and super busy sucks lol), im having some boulevard and some greasy food :)

Sure-Oz
10-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Congratulations Sure-Oz for breaking 25,000 posts! You clearly have too much time on your hands...

I just got this notice on my screen, to chiefsplanet!

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Congratulations Sure-Oz for breaking 25,000 posts! You clearly have too much time on your hands...

I just got this notice on my screen, to chiefsplanet!

Nice, I am creaping up on the 25K mark...

chiefsfan987
10-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Well, the game went about as I expected. What are you going to do, KU got beat by a better team.

Aside from that, Reesing has got to stop turning the ball over.

Reerun_KC
10-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Well, the game went about as I expected. What are you going to do, KU got beat by a better team.

Aside from that, Reesing has got to stop turning the ball over.

IF he doesnt turn the ball over 5 times in the last 2 games, it would of been a different story...

I am not saying we beat OU, but we wouldnt of been completely woodshedded...