PDA

View Full Version : Electronics fuck Vizio

BryanBusby
10-18-2009, 08:17 PM
I've had my TV for not even a year and a half and I think it's about to die already. Every time it cold boots, it cycles through on and off (judging by the light indicator logo on the front) about 2-3 times until it finally either turns on or off. Only does it during a cold boot, but I don't think it will remain that way for long.

Any idea what's causing it? I love the TV when it actually is on. :(

Silock
10-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Did you get the product replacement plan?

JD10367
10-18-2009, 08:22 PM
It's low on blinker fluid.

ziggysocki
10-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Antifreeze?

Silock
10-18-2009, 08:23 PM
It's low on blinker fluid.

Might need to get the muffler bearings checked while he replacing that.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-18-2009, 08:24 PM
Two causes:

1) Shoddy Power Supply
2) You bought a Vizio.

JD10367
10-18-2009, 08:26 PM
Okay, this is creepy. While reading this thread, the RCA tube set that I'm watching the Bears/Falcons game on just turned off by itself. Damn, now I gotta check MY blinker fluid...

Bane
10-18-2009, 08:28 PM
I have 4 Vizios,a 42"- 47"-and 2 55" lcd's.Only problem I have with them is I don't get the time Id like to watch them.

chefsos
10-18-2009, 08:28 PM
And the countdown to 2012 begins...

BryanBusby
10-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Two causes:

1) Shoddy Power Supply
2) You bought a Vizio.

I'd go with #2. Never again.

Did you get the product replacement plan?

Yeah. Not looking forward to dealing with Vizio though, as I hear their Customer Support service is shit.

wild1
10-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Got Vizio's in my house, one of them 3 years old or so, and they are all flawless.

I guess they lack the bells and whistles of a few models you'd pay twice as much for, but I think for the 99%ers out there they are good value.

Scorp
10-18-2009, 08:56 PM
But But.....the Planet told me Vizio was just as good as my Panasonic.

wild1
10-18-2009, 09:06 PM
I'd go with #2. Never again.

Yeah. Not looking forward to dealing with Vizio though, as I hear their Customer Support service is shit.

I mean no offense, but you bought an expensive electronic product and it's out of the warranty period, and you decided to scrimp on the extended warranty. You took on the risk that this would happen by saving that $50 or so. They won't send you a free TV, and it's not because their Customer Service is bad.

You can warranty anything on the internet - maybe it would be worth seeing if you can still get a warranty for it, before it goes completely kaput?

Pink Paradise 2010
10-18-2009, 09:11 PM
well i believe that your t.v might be going out, but you might want to hire a repair man, or research it online. i really hope that you got the limited waranty. it always comes in handy

BryanBusby
10-18-2009, 09:42 PM
I mean no offense, but you bought an expensive electronic product and it's out of the warranty period, and you decided to scrimp on the extended warranty. You took on the risk that this would happen by saving that $50 or so. They won't send you a free TV, and it's not because their Customer Service is bad.

You can warranty anything on the internet - maybe it would be worth seeing if you can still get a warranty for it, before it goes completely kaput?

I do have it, through Vizio. Thx for the lecture though broseph

macdawg
10-18-2009, 11:24 PM
warranties are for fools, usually if you get a lemon it breaks within a year, to pay $200 for an extended warranty that they themselves call a 'limited warranty' is a waste. They make so much money on it because half the people buy the warranty and .1% of the TV's actually break. TV's even Visios should last 5+ years no problem 99.9% of the time.

CRANKSTER
10-18-2009, 11:55 PM
I knew Vizio was crap the second I saw LaDainian Tomlinson endorsing their products in a cheap uniform with no Chargers insignia.

BryanBusby
10-19-2009, 01:08 AM
Live and learn I guess. Even if it gets fixed, I'm still going to pick up something like a Sony Bravia and either sell my Vizio or make it my new PC monitor.

Silock
10-19-2009, 01:24 AM
Vizios are fine. Sorry you had bad luck.

Stewie
10-19-2009, 07:06 AM
I know you bought the extended warranty, but many credit cards double the manufacturer's warranty if you use their card. I have a Discover and Mastercard that have this benefit.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-19-2009, 07:41 AM
Vizios are fine. Sorry you had bad luck.

Yeah, I love mine. I've had it about a year and a half and haven't had a problem in the world with it.

DumbHillbillies
10-19-2009, 08:22 AM
warranties are for fools, usually if you get a lemon it breaks within a year, to pay $200 for an extended warranty that they themselves call a 'limited warranty' is a waste. They make so much money on it because half the people buy the warranty and .1% of the TV's actually break. TV's even Visios should last 5+ years no problem 99.9% of the time.

This. Learned this long time ago. Extended warranties are for suckers.

whatsmynameagain
10-19-2009, 08:37 AM
may be just the bulb burning out. sounds like it to me....
Posted via Mobile Device

WhitiE
10-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Live and learn I guess. Even if it gets fixed, I'm still going to pick up something like a Sony Bravia and either sell my Vizio or make it my new PC monitor.

why so u can have it break on you? stay away from sony they dont make their own tvs anymore... go with Samsung or LG their the two leading TV manufacturers of tvs(flat panels) sony buys random parts from other companys and makes them work in their own. we opened one up the other day and it had both LG and Samsung parts in it with like 4 other company names you couldnt pronounce.....

CoMoChief
10-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Make sure your shifting moduelator is charged.

Param
10-19-2009, 09:57 AM
I just stick with the 3 S's.... Samsung, Sharp, and Sony.

I wouldn't touch a Vizio. If you buy it at Costco, they double the warranty and they're pretty good about fixing or replacing the tv.

Param
10-19-2009, 10:00 AM
This. Learned this long time ago. Extended warranties are for suckers.

Yep, I agree. I never buy it. It's a waste of $$$$.

Fish
10-19-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm very happy with my Vizios...

wild1
10-19-2009, 11:02 AM

I agree that they are all profit, and I never buy them. But this guy paid out the arse for an extended warranty, he's covered, what is there to complain about?

BryanBusby
10-26-2009, 04:29 PM
Update:

-Called Vizio and verified everything and they schedule me an appointment to get my TV serviced Wednesday.
-Some repair shop in OP called me last Friday to let me know they had to order parts and they will schedule a repair when it comes in. Okay ****ers, what happened to Wednesday?
-Today some place called ITI to verify shit. They tell me to call back, but I can't get ahold of an actual human when I do.

Vizio themselves seem professional, but it's all gone to shit after that. This is becoming a huge pain in the ass for a TV that should of actually worked for several years.

As for the TV itself, now it won't even turn on nor does the Vizio logo light up at all once it's plugged in. This will be my last Vizio if they keep dicking me around.