PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Teicher: Grading the Chiefs against Washington

Tribal Warfare
10-18-2009, 10:47 PM
Grading the Chiefs against Washington
(http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1515727.html)
Rushing offense

Grade: C+

While it still lacked consistency, the ground game was more effective than it’s been all season.

Passing offense

Grade: C+

The five sacks are troubling, but the old Dwayne Bowe made his first appearance of the season.

Coaching

Grade: B-

Todd Haley gets marked down for his refusal to kick a field goal early in the game. He makes up for it with his daring play-call on the slant pass to Bowe when the Chiefs could have been trying to just run out the clock.

Rushing defense

Grade: B-

The Chiefs were fantastic other than Clinton Portis’ long run. Even then, an extraordinary effort by Mike Brown saved a touchdown.

Passing defense

Grade: A-

With three sacks and an interception, the Chiefs were able to take advantage of a weak opponent.

Special teams

Grade: B+

A blocked punt and four for four on field goals should be enough for a perfect grade. But Bobby Wade could have cost the Chiefs with his fumbled punt return.

DeezNutz
10-18-2009, 10:51 PM
Would anyone else characterize Brown's effort on the Portis run as "extraordinary"?

TinyEvel
10-18-2009, 10:58 PM
Mike Brown saved the game (and his job) by tackling Portis. Still, that only makes up half-way for last week.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Would anyone else characterize Brown's effort on the Portis run as "extraordinary"?

It was a damn good play. He had a 270-pound fullback riding his ass down the field and managed to fight him off and make the tackle.

OnTheWarpath15
10-18-2009, 11:02 PM

Just Teicher, who wrote an entire piece on this phenomenal play.

LMAO

DeezNutz
10-18-2009, 11:08 PM
It was a damn good play. He had a 270-pound fullback riding his ass down the field and managed to fight him off and make the tackle.

He channeled a lot of Donnie Edwards as he backpedaled on the play.

Hey, he ultimately got the job done, which is what matters, but fuck. We apparently have completely different views on what constitutes extraordinary.

It seems we're at the point of being surprised when this broke dick does his job.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Oh I wouldn't say it was extraordinary. But it was a good play. I thought Portis was going to score.

OnTheWarpath15
10-18-2009, 11:14 PM
Oh I wouldn't say it was extraordinary. But it was a good play. I thought Portis was going to score.

Had Portis cut back at any point past the 30 yard line, he would have.

That's the worst use of a lead blocker I've ever witnessed.

kcchiefsus
10-18-2009, 11:24 PM

Uh yeah, I sure as hell would. If he doesn't make that tackle Portis scores a touchdown. Portis had a lead blocker the entire way. Sure maybe he could have tackle Portis earlier but he knew that if he fucked up the tackle Portis scores. He saved the touchdown.

kcfanXIII
10-18-2009, 11:50 PM
i dislike brown as much as the next guy but he did what he was supposed to on that play. can't fault him for anything on it...