PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I hope Succop is the Chiefs kicker for the next 15 years!

John_Wayne
10-19-2009, 10:09 AM
I hope he becomes that kind of reliable, long term kicker like Nick Lowery and Jan Stenerud were for the Chiefs. We need stability at that position.

CoMoChief
10-19-2009, 10:28 AM
I hope he becomes the next Elliott. He's the best kicker we've had ever in a Chiefs uniform.

KCUnited
10-19-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm getting his jersey for my lady.

John_Wayne
10-19-2009, 10:30 AM
I hope he becomes the next Elliott. He's the best kicker we've had ever in a Chiefs uniform. I'm surprised the word "nuthooks" hasn't been uttered yet and you still have rep in the green!

SenselessChiefsFan
10-19-2009, 10:56 AM
I hope he continues to kick well.... the rest will take care of itself.

ChiefsCountry
10-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Its all bc of Steve Hoffman. He did it every year in Dallas, they would get a new kicker each year and he would make them all studs.

wazu
10-19-2009, 11:02 AM
I hope he becomes the next Elliott. He's the best kicker we've had ever in a Chiefs uniform.

"Thanks for deducting reputation from this user."

CoMoChief
10-19-2009, 11:11 AM
ROFL.......I love how people STILL get their panties in a bunch after all these years.

That guy ripped the heart/soul out of a community, and people in KC are still feeling it. ROFL

DeezNutz
10-19-2009, 11:12 AM
It sure would be super!

This new kicker is swell!

thurman merman
10-19-2009, 11:16 AM
I hope he becomes the next Elliott.

i don't get it.

wazu
10-19-2009, 11:17 AM
ROFL.......I love how people STILL get their panties in a bunch after all these years.

That guy ripped the heart/soul out of a community, and people in KC are still feeling it. ROFL

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Deberg_1990
10-19-2009, 11:18 AM

Well, he does have a Super Bowl ring.

Ari Chi3fs
10-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Oh man... we are set on punter and kicker!!!

To the Ship!!! we'll punt and kick field goals ALL THE WAY TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!1111eleve*cough

Mosbonian
10-19-2009, 11:40 AM

And yet you still act like the petulant 3rd grader who loves to go around yelling "doo-doo" and "poo-poo" hoping to get a rise out of the teacher and a laugh from the rest of the kids.

mmaddog

SDChiefs
10-19-2009, 11:54 AM
I hope he becomes that kind of reliable, long term kicker like Nick Lowery and Jan Stenerud were for the Chiefs. We need stability at that position.

He will have to be, or else we wont score any points for the next 15 years

BigRedChief
10-19-2009, 12:06 PM
WTF? You know better than to mention the guys name who shall never be mentioned on this board. Yeah, I'm still pissed off about it. I froze my ass off that day. It was a really crappy day.:cuss:

Micjones
10-19-2009, 12:12 PM
I hope he continues to kick well.... the rest will take care of itself.

QFT.

CoMoChief
10-19-2009, 12:18 PM
And yet you still act like the petulant 3rd grader who loves to go around yelling "doo-doo" and "poo-poo" hoping to get a rise out of the teacher and a laugh from the rest of the kids.

mmaddog

Yes because this is elementary school and all. :spock:

Mosbonian
10-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Yes because this is elementary school and all. :spock:

Only when you are around...only when you are around.

mmaddog

Rausch
10-19-2009, 08:48 PM
He dares to throw down the staff and challenge the greatness that is teh Dustin.

I see the gauntlet tossed and fear there will be blood...

stlchiefs
10-19-2009, 08:52 PM
If he hangs around I hope he goes to the old single bar face mask. Nothing strikes fear into an opponent like the single bar. The whole Mr. Irrelevant story is pretty cool though too.

GoHuge
10-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Well here's hoping we finally have a franchise player. Cassel's trying his best though. Doesn't help his cause when BW is getting owned by Haynesworth. I know the dude is a stud, but that was embarrasing for Waters.

DJ's left nut
10-19-2009, 09:31 PM
I don't recall many kickers that kick a ball as straight as he does. Anyone else notice this?

His kicks don't seem to have any draw or fade to them. They seem to come off his foot straight as an arrow and true to form. Not knowing a damn think about kicking, this seems to be a sign of good mechanics to me.

In either event, he really has taken some of the suspense out of the kicking game...thank god.

CoMoChief
10-20-2009, 03:05 AM
Only when you are around...only when you are around.

mmaddog

Says the Mickey Mouse avatar........

Guru
10-20-2009, 04:06 AM
WTF? You know better than to mention the guys name who shall never be mentioned on this board. Yeah, I'm still pissed off about it. I froze my ass off that day. It was a really crappy day.:cuss:The best thing that happened to me that day was that I had to work and couldn't accept free tickets to the game.

John_Wayne
10-20-2009, 08:06 AM
Ryan Succop = Ring of Fame

C-Mac
10-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Be sure to vote Chiefs K Ryan Succop as the NFLís Rookie of the Week.

Fans can cast their vote for Succop on NFL.com/rookies (http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=rookies) starting today through Friday at Noon EST.

kcfanXIII
10-20-2009, 10:55 AM
"Thanks for deducting reputation from this user."

this

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-20-2009, 11:03 AM
I don't recall many kickers that kick a ball as straight as he does. Anyone else notice this?

His kicks don't seem to have any draw or fade to them. They seem to come off his foot straight as an arrow and true to form. Not knowing a damn think about kicking, this seems to be a sign of good mechanics to me.

In either event, he really has taken some of the suspense out of the kicking game...thank god.

Just given the mechanics of the follow through, kickers should have a very very slight draw as a product of how they swing their leg through the ball. He does, but he also seems able to keep his hips open just long enough to hit a slight push when he's on the left hash.

ChiefsCountry
10-20-2009, 11:08 AM

Just given the mechanics of the follow through, kickers should have a very very slight draw as a product of how they swing their leg through the ball. He does, but he also seems able to keep his hips open just long enough to hit a slight push when he's on the left hash.

Steve Hoffman, the best kicking coach in the NFL.

Pink Paradise 2010
10-20-2009, 11:15 AM
he is amazing. better than other kickers in the league. he is the best mr. irrelevant. he is a suprise, and he won that game for us. so yeah i hope that he stays with the team :)

OnTheWarpath58
10-20-2009, 12:00 PM
Steve Hoffman, the best kicking coach in the NFL.

This.

rockymtnchief
10-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Be sure to vote Chiefs K Ryan Succop as the NFLís Rookie of the Week.

Fans can cast their vote for Succop on NFL.com/rookies (http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=rookies) starting today through Friday at Noon EST.

Done, thanks:thumb:

Kraus
10-20-2009, 12:54 PM
"The only good suck-up is the one in Kansas City, kicker Ryan Succup."

-Trey Wingo, NFL Live 10/20/09

CoMoChief
10-20-2009, 12:58 PM
I still wish we had L. Elliott...a kicker that brought this entire community together.

Halfcan
10-20-2009, 01:18 PM
yep he has done a fine job-best kicker we have had in awhile

axeldaddy
11-10-2009, 01:52 PM
A South Carolina Gamecocks fan here, dropping in to congratulate your front office on drafting and signing Mr. Irrelevant, Ryan Succop. Good call!

When he kicked for the 'Cocks (*snicker), he did it all; PATs, Kick-offs and Punts, for two seasons I think.

But he tended to get run down near the end of the season, because he loves to play soccer and was also a member of the South Carolina soccer team.

Anyhow, you have a really great kicker who is also a great dude. Hope he has a long productive career for you all.

HemiEd
11-10-2009, 02:13 PM
A South Carolina Gamecocks fan here, dropping in to congratulate your front office on drafting and signing Mr. Irrelevant, Ryan Succop. Good call!

When he kicked for the 'Cocks (*snicker), he did it all; PATs, Kick-offs and Punts, for two seasons I think.

But he tended to get run down near the end of the season, because he loves to play soccer and was also a member of the South Carolina soccer team.

Anyhow, you have a really great kicker who is also a great dude. Hope he has a long productive career for you all.

Welcome to the planet! He helps take the sting out of some pretty bad experiences with kickers the last few years. He acts like a player, he doesn't seem to be afraid to mix it up.

John_Wayne
11-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Succop for Mayor!

Thig Lyfe
11-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Meh, we should trade him to the Giants and get Tynes back.

Chiefs=Good
11-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Meh, we should trade him to the Giants and get Tynes back.

Booooo. neg rep!

Thig Lyfe
11-11-2009, 02:08 AM
Booooo. neg rep!

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUUUUUUUUUTH

milkman
11-11-2009, 06:56 AM
WTF? You know better than to mention the guys name who shall never be mentioned on this board. Yeah, I'm still pissed off about it. I froze my ass off that day. It was a really crappy day.:cuss:

You people need to get the fuck over it.

Marty was responsible for that loss more than Elliot, Lin.

We knew that Elliot was struggling going into that play off game, yet Marty's conservative style put Elliot out there again and again, to fail.

Elliot was a symptom.

Marty was the disease, and you dumbasses need to get that through your thick fucking skulls.

BigMeatballDave
11-11-2009, 08:32 AM
I hope he becomes the next Elliott. He's the best kicker we've had ever in a Chiefs uniform.Moran

gblowfish
11-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Suck Up may be the only thing we gain from this POS season.
I like him. He gets the kickoffs deep, gives us a chance to hold the opposition inside the 20 on every kickoff, and he's been reasonably accurate up to 50 yards on kicks. Also seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Too bad he may be the only positive found in a season of major turmoil.

Rausch
11-11-2009, 09:03 AM
I still wish we had L. Elliott...a kicker that brought this entire community together.

:mad:

BigMeatballDave
11-11-2009, 09:11 AM

That guy ripped the heart/soul out of a community, and people in KC are still feeling it. ROFLGo fuck your mother, douchebag...

Rain Man
11-11-2009, 09:21 AM
You people need to get the **** over it.

We knew that Elliot was struggling going into that play off game, yet Marty's conservative style put Elliot out there again and again, to fail.

Elliot was a symptom.

Marty was the disease, and you dumbasses need to get that through your thick ****ing skulls.

I blame Hackett more than Elliott.

NY CHIEF
11-11-2009, 09:25 AM
He will have to be, or else we wont score any points for the next 15 years

So right.........................ROFL

CoMoChief
11-11-2009, 09:42 AM
I love it when i receive neg rep a month later after the orig thread is posted.

CoMoChief
11-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Go **** your mother, douchebag...

I hope you die a slow horrible death.

You obviously can't take a joke.

milkman
11-11-2009, 09:47 AM
I hope you die a slow horrible death.

You obviously can't take a joke.

He can take a joke.

The problem is, however, that you are such a ****ing dumbass douche that now one can tell when you're joking, or you are sharing your normal dumbass douchery.

CoMoChief
11-11-2009, 09:51 AM
He can take a joke.

The problem is, however, that you are such a ****ing dumbass douche that now one can tell when you're joking, or you are sharing your normal dumbass douchery.

Go to hell dumbass.......it was obviously a joke....wtf would want Elliott on this fucking team or anything close to that? JFC.

milkman
11-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Go to hell dumbass.......it was obviously a joke....wtf would want Elliott on this ****ing team or anything close to that? JFC.

Just telling you how it is.

Because you are you, it isn't obvious.

CoMoChief
11-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Just telling you how it is.

Because you are you, it isn't obvious.

Well, you're pretty fuckin stupid then.

milkman
11-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Well, you're pretty ****in stupid then.

You are really a fucking moron.

Look at the reaction to your post from almost every other poster here.

They're almost all the same reaction.

Why?

Because you are a fucking idiot.

Hell, I'm about the only one that didn't react to your post.

BigMeatballDave
11-11-2009, 10:17 AM
You people need to get the **** over it.

Elliot was a symptom.

Marty was the disease, and you dumbasses need to get that through your thick ****ing skulls.Yes, ultimately it was Marty's fault. But, making FGs IS all Elliot was paid to do. He failed.

milkman
11-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Yes, ultimately it was Marty's fault. But, making FGs IS all Elliot was paid to do. He failed.

Yes, he failed.

No one is arguing that.

But the fact is, he had been failing during the season leading up to that game.

To continuously trot him out there in that game, to rely on him to succeed when his recent history tells you that he was likely to fail is Marty's fault.

Marty, and Hackett, as Marty teams do, didn't aggressively persue TDs.

They passively accepted FG attempts, with a FG kicker who they knew wasn't reliable.