PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Florio: Haley threatened to trade Bowe during Redskins game

Pages : [1] 2

OnTheWarpath58
10-19-2009, 02:37 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/19/trade-threat-turned-the-light-on-for-dwayne-bowe/

Trade threat turned the light on for Dwayne Bowe
Posted by Mike Florio on October 19, 2009 3:05 PM ET

As pointed out in the Chiefs-Redskins portion our Morning Aftermath, Kansas City receiver Dwayne Bowe caught six passes for 109 yards. It was his best output of the season.

Bowe's performance came at a time when rumors are rampant that he (and pretty much any other Chiefs player not named "Matt Cassel") is available as the trade deadline looms.

So was he motivated by the rumors? As it turns out, no.

Bowe was motivated by a specific threat, from coach Todd Haley.

Per a league source, Haley tore into Bowe early in Sunday's win over the Redskins, urging Bowe to pick up his game and threatening to trade Bowe if he didn't.

Though some might have seen it as a chance to get over the wall and head to a contending team, the exchange seemed to light a fire under Bowe.

So we suppose it would be fitting if the performance prompts a team like the Dolphins or Ravens to make the Chiefs an offer for Bowe that G.M. Scott Pioli accepts.

WTF?

doomy3
10-19-2009, 02:38 PM
If this is for real, then this is a joke of a head coach.

Pants
10-19-2009, 02:40 PM
I don't think Bowe would give a f**k if he got traded, just like any other player... What kind of threat is that, lol?

kysirsoze
10-19-2009, 02:41 PM

ummm. Not if it worked.

Fish
Ha ha... Why would this not surprise me?

I bet Haley would rape a player's mother if it resulted in motivation....

JD10367

Why?

It was probably something he said right after a Bowe f**k-up, and it was probably a yell along the lines of, "WHAT THE F**K, BOWE?!? I'M TIRED OF THIS SHIT!! IF YOU CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT TO F**KING DO OUT THERE, I'LL TRADE YOUR ASS OUTTA HERE!"

And it seems to have worked. So maybe you should request Haley make that threat to the other 52 guys...

wazu

:rolleyes:

-King-
I don't believe it but if its true, then WTF haley?

But I seriously doubt haley is that big of an asshole. And I doubt bowe would be celebrating with haley at the end of the game if he had just received that threat earlier in the game.
Posted via Mobile Device

TheGuardian
10-19-2009, 02:42 PM
You're right. A tactic used to get the best out of a player truly shows what a joke he is and how little he knows. Haley should be fired today.

Bearcat
Eh.

I'm sure he was ready to make the call to Pioli at halftime. :rolleyes:

cdcox

Anti-Haley sentiment is not in vogue after the big win. You'd better fall in line or DaFace will trade you to the Mange.

the Talking Can
10-19-2009, 02:45 PM
oh no, a coach said something mean to a player who screwed up during a game...

everyone faint together

DumbHillbillies

ROFL

OnTheWarpath58
Assuming this report is accurate:

-Has Haley run out of motivation techniques if he's dropping "I'll trade your ass" in the middle of a game?

-What will he use for the rest of the season, once the trade deadline passes tomorrow?

-If the HC feels it's necessary to use that type of threat to "motivate" a star player, what does that say about the coach? Or for that matter, the star player?

KCUnited
10-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Florio: Todd Haley reportedly was heard shouting "Don't Make Me Shank You!" to receiver Dwayne Bowe on the sidelines during the Chiefs/Cowboys contest.

Goldmember
10-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Anti-Haley sentiment is not in vogue after the big win. You'd better fall in line or DaFace will trade you to the Mange.

Now that is a terrifying threat!

kysirsoze
10-19-2009, 02:47 PM

Anti-Haley is one thing. Blasting him for a tactic that worked, assuming it happened at all, is just silly.

doomy3
Look, I am a huge supporter of Haley, and have been this season.

However, threatening to trade a player in the middle of the game, especially then that is your best player is junior high shit.

He has been riding Bowe's ass for how long now? At a certain point his "threats" will ring hollow and everything he says will go in one ear and out the other.

I honestly don't believe that he really did this in the middle of the game, because this is how you lose players.

Anyone who thinks Cassel is playing scared could probably attribute to Cassel being yelled at everytime he walks off the field as well. There is something to be said about building your players' confidence as well as coaching mistakes.

Coach
Or maybe Florio is just trying to shit something out of his ass and hope it sticks to the wall....

JuicesFlowing
If the Chiefs trade Bowe, then wake me up when the Defense comes on the field, because I won't be watching the offense.

JD10367

But I seriously doubt haley is that big of an asshole.

What do you want for a coach? Barney the f**king Dinosaur? Who gives a shit if he's an asshole! You think Bill Belichick is a nice guy? Bill Parcells? You think Jon Gruden is cuddly? Bum Phillips, Vince Lombardi, Mike Ditka, Hank Stram, Don Shula? Those guys looked like they would rip off your head and skullf**k it and then shit in the neck opening.

If they want to be cuddled, they can fly home to mama for a cheek-pinch and some chicken soup.

If they want to win football games, they should do their jobs right.

headsnap
that's a threat?!?

sounds more like motivation to fvck up to me...

Brock
10-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Why would being traded off of this shitty team be anything to worry about? Oh wait, did he threaten to trade him to the Redskins?

JD10367
10-19-2009, 02:49 PM

However, threatening to trade a player in the middle of the game, especially then that is your best player is junior high shit.

Well, maybe Bowe has a junior high mentality and that's what it takes to get through to him.

Reporter: "How's Terry Glenn's injury doing?"
Bill Parcells: "She's coming along."

OnTheWarpath58
10-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Anti-Haley is one thing. Blasting him for a tactic that worked, assuming it happened at all, is just silly.

How many times would it take for your boss to threaten your job before you quit taking him seriously? Or lose all respect for him?

the Talking Can
10-19-2009, 02:50 PM

-Has Haley run out of motivation techniques if he's dropping "I'll trade your ass" in the middle of a game?

-What will he use for the rest of the season, once the trade deadline passes tomorrow?

-If the HC feels it's necessary to use that type of threat to "motivate" a star player, what does that say about the coach? Or for that matter, the star player?

are you for real?

-King-
What do you want for a coach? Barney the f**king Dinosaur? Who gives a shit if he's an asshole! You think Bill Belichick is a nice guy? Bill Parcells? You think Jon Gruden is cuddly? Bum Phillips, Vince Lombardi, Mike Ditka, Hank Stram, Don Shula? Those guys looked like they would rip off your head and skullf**k it and then shit in the neck opening.

If they want to be cuddled, they can fly home to mama for a cheek-pinch and some chicken soup.

If they want to win football games, they should do their jobs right.

Note I said not that big. Its ok to be a bit assholish but that's on a mangini level of asshole.
Posted via Mobile Device

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
Definitely sounds like "throw crap against the wall" from Florio.

Haley did read Bowe the riot act for dropping those passes, no doubt. He also was over banging on Bowe's chest and shoulder when he made those great twisting catches also.

doomy3

Follow me here:

My first words were "if this really happened..."

Also, yeah it "worked" this game as Bowe had 100+ yards receiving. He also dropped at least 3 balls. He had a lot of 100 yard games last year too, without Herm threatening to trade him. Maybe he's just a good player?

And this shit will "work" for a game, or a few games, but there is a point that it will grow old to these guys who are working their asses off.

Demonpenz
So he told Bowe he would trade him, bowe decided to dropped 3 catches and ignored the fact to stay inbounds late in the game, thus bowe became untradeable. So

DumbHillbillies
10-19-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm not a big haley supporter but if this is true and he really was sincere then I like it. It's time for bowe to get his sh*t together and be the pro bowl player he can be. Stop dropping balls and playing bitch in the middle or I'm going to get rid of your ass.

Sully
10-19-2009, 02:51 PM

"I could find 22 guys off the street who could fuck your mother better than that!!!"

JD10367
10-19-2009, 02:52 PM
How many times would it take for your boss to threaten your job before you quit taking him seriously? Or lose all respect for him?

If I wasn't in a tenured position (e.g. MLB with a guaranteed contract)? And I made millions to play a game? And the guy making the threat had the power to make me move across the country and play with a whole new bunch of guys I might not like, in a place that might suck even more? I think I'd take him pretty seriously.

TheGuardian
10-19-2009, 02:52 PM

When Bowe makes big plays Haley is the first guy there to congratulate him. You really think Haley is just breaking his foot off in Bowe's ass 24/7 without SOME positive feedback in there too? Hardly.

Either way some of you on here sound like tampax when it comes to Haley. I've never heard so much complaining about a guy that you don't have to work for/with that seems to have the respect and admiration of his players. Sheesh.

kysirsoze
10-19-2009, 02:53 PM

He has been riding Bowe's ass for how long now? At a certain point his "threats" will ring hollow and everything he says will go in one ear and out the other.

I honestly don't believe that he really did this in the middle of the game, because this is how you lose players.

Anyone who thinks Cassel is playing scared could probably attribute to Cassel being yelled at everytime he walks off the field as well. There is something to be said about building your players' confidence as well as coaching mistakes.

But the point is none of us are there with the team. Regardless of all the articles we read, we don't know the dynamics of his relationships with his players. All I've seen all year supports the idea that he has the respect of that team. His relationship with Bowe seems especially strong. So if we think it's stupid to threaten a trade or bench him for effect, it does not matter. If it works it works.

To be clear, I don't think this happened. But if it did, good for Haley to know what Bowe needed to hear, and I like hearing that Bowe was motivated to remain a Chief.

OnTheWarpath58
10-19-2009, 02:53 PM
If I wasn't in a tenured position (e.g. MLB with a guaranteed contract)? And I made millions to play a game? And the guy making the threat had the power to make me move across the country and play with a whole new bunch of guys I might not like, in a place that might suck even more? I think I'd take him pretty seriously.

After 4 months, I honestly doubt it.

kysirsoze
10-19-2009, 02:54 PM

Probably more than one.

doomy3
10-19-2009, 02:55 PM
When Bowe makes big plays Haley is the first guy there to congratulate him. You really think Haley is just breaking his foot off in Bowe's ass 24/7 without SOME positive feedback in there too? Hardly.

Either way some of you on here sound like tampax when it comes to Haley. I've never heard so much complaining about a guy that you don't have to work for/with that seems to have the respect and admiration of his players. Sheesh.

I haven't seen much hate on Haley at all. In fact, this is the first negative thing I have ever said about him, and that is if this is even a true report.

I just think that you are seeing some players (Cassel, Bowe) play tight as he is constantly riding their asses. It's good to have that, but if it is all the time, it will get old.

the Talking Can
10-19-2009, 02:55 PM
you guys are hilarious, it's like a bunch of girls sitting around "discussing" the latest episode of "The Hills"

"OMG, did you hear what Brody said to......"

MikeMaslowski
10-19-2009, 02:56 PM
In high school, I missed a backside block during a game and my QB got killed. I did it again in practice... My coach grabbed me and pulled me back 5 feet, walked back to where he was standing, got in a 3 point stance and f#cking charged and smoked the piss out of me. I never forgot to block backside again. And the guy was in his 50's. I like tough coaches. I like Haley.

doomy3
10-19-2009, 02:57 PM
But the point is none of us are there with the team. Regardless of all the articles we read, we don't know the dynamics of his relationships with his players. All I've seen all year supports the idea that he has the respect of that team. His relationship with Bowe seems especially strong. So if we think it's stupid to threaten a trade or bench him for effect, it does not matter. If it works it works.

To be clear, I don't think this happened. But if it did, good for Haley to know what Bowe needed to hear, and I like hearing that Bowe was motivated to remain a Chief.

Fair enough.

Do you think he is coaching Cassel the right way?

No support for him during training camp, extremely conservative playcalling, multiple heated exchanges on the sidelines, and constantly yelling and rolling his eyes when Cassel makes a mistake.

Buehler445
10-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Hmmm don't really know what to think of that. I can't say I approve of this motivation tactic. If it was intentional.

However, it is possible it was taken out of context. Every coach gets pissed and says things they don't mean. I had a coach in high school that would ask us if we were deaf or just plain dumb. At one point he told us to respond with "neither, coach.". Point is that coaches say things they don't mean. My coach didn't think I was dumb (even though I was), but he said it anyway. And it wasn't just that comment. He'd say other things like "My wife's going to come after you because I'm going to pull my fucking hair out and she doesn't like bald guys". He wasn't going to pull his hair out. Coaches rarely sit people on the bench forever, kill the refs, kick our ass so hard our grandma dies, or any of the other crap they yell when they are pissed off.

It's possible it was something like "Jesus Christ, Bowe. What the fuck was that? That's the play of someone who wants to get traded" or something like that.

Or it could have been "get your head out of your ass or I'm trading you to Baltimore for a bag of K balls.". Who knows.

But if it was a legit threat Haley won't be in the league too long.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chocolate Hog
Kansas City is a big pussy town. Go Mark Teahen!

kysirsoze
you guys are hilarious, it's like a bunch of girls sitting around "discussing" the latest episode of "The Hills"

Isn't this basically what we do in every thread? Discuss something we saw someone else do on T.V.?

TheGuardian
In high school, I missed a backside block during a game and my QB got killed. I did it again in practice... My coach grabbed me and pulled me back 5 feet, walked back to where he was standing, got in a 3 point stance and f#cking charged and smoked the piss out of me. I never forgot to block backside again. And the guy was in his 50's. I like tough coaches. I like Haley.

Better be glad there weren't no CP parents who saw or heard about that. He'd be spending the final years of his life in jail.

Micjones
10-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Nothing to see here.

Bowe said yesterday he understood why Haley had been riding him.
He responded. This is a non-issue.

OnTheWarpath58
I haven't seen much hate on Haley at all. In fact, this is the first negative thing I have ever said about him, and that is if this is even a true report.

I just think that you are seeing some players (Cassel, Bowe) play tight as he is constantly riding their asses. It's good to have that, but if it is all the time, it will get old.

Don't even bother, dude.

It's the polar opposite of Herm, therefore everyone loves it.

I think it's fucking hilarious that people actually think that these type of threats actually motivate professional athletes. Like Bowe would have only had 20 yards receiving yesterday had Haley not threatened him.

The kid put up 100+ because he's fucking talented, not because Todd Haley made some dumbass threat.

Fish

How in the world can you say it worked?

The coach is making childish threats in the middle of the damn game. Winning doesn't justify the coach acting like an irrational egomaniac.

Chief Henry
Why?

It was probably something he said right after a Bowe f**k-up, and it was probably a yell along the lines of, "WHAT THE F**K, BOWE?!? I'M TIRED OF THIS SHIT!! IF YOU CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT TO F**KING DO OUT THERE, I'LL TRADE YOUR ASS OUTTA HERE!"

And it seems to have worked. So maybe you should request Haley make that threat to the other 52 guys...

The players on the Chiefs need to have a fire lite under their butts.

DaWolf
10-19-2009, 03:00 PM
More likely, Haley said something to the effect of "If you don't want to take your job seriously out there then we'll find someone else to do it," and that filtered down to someone, who filtered it down to someone else, who filtered it down to the "league source", who by this point got the version of the story where Haley was dialing up Miami to trade him.

Or this "source" is from another AFC West team trying to get a rumor out there to knock down trade value if indeed the Chiefs were for whatever reason shopping the guy...

kaplin42
You're right. A tactic used to get the best out of a player truly shows what a joke he is and how little he knows. Haley should be fired today.

Why is everyone defending Bowe. This guy is known for dropping passes left and right if they hit him in the numbers or in the hands.

I know he is exciting to watch SOMETIMES, but honestly, its like watching a taller version of Johnny Morton.

If you're a WR, then catch the ball, otherwise get off the field.

CaliforniaChief
Stop pissing on a win. Women have gotten pregnant, given birth, and started feeding the kid baby food since we last won a game.

JFC.

DaWolf
10-19-2009, 03:01 PM

The coach is making childish threats in the middle of the damn game. Winning doesn't justify the coach acting like an irrational egomaniac.

Allegedly...

JD10367
10-19-2009, 03:01 PM

This here.

How much has Haley been discussed here already, how he seems to coach like Parcells and Belichick? How many times have people said that football players don't need to be coddled and don't need a "players' coach"?

The problem with the Chiefs is a current lack of talent, and the fact that it will be a long painful process to correct the horrible cracked foundation laid by Carl and Herm. The problem with the Chiefs is not that Haley is a hard-ass. If Haley was warm and fuzzy, the Chiefs would be in even worse shape.

Haley is Lou Gossett. The Chiefs are the slimy-worm new recruits. Bowe and the rest have to decide if they're steers, or queers.

KCUnited
10-19-2009, 03:02 PM
I like that 100+ isn't good enough, especially when 150 hits you in the hands.

CoMoChief
Bullshit.

kysirsoze
Fair enough.

Do you think he is coaching Cassel the right way?

No support for him during training camp, extremely conservative playcalling, multiple heated exchanges on the sidelines, and constantly yelling and rolling his eyes when Cassel makes a mistake.

I have no coaching experience and I don't see them behind closed doors so it's hard for me to say. I will say that I think Haley felt that Cassel expected to walk into the starting job due to his big contract. I'm not sure Cassel is Haley's guy. I wouldn't be too surprised if he kept his options open for next year.

As for the conservative calls, that's probably just to keep Cassel from getting even more beat up than he does. My buddy works with Matt's sister. I guess she says he's in an ice bath pretty much all week trying to recover.

keg in kc
10-19-2009, 03:04 PM
I think it's ****ing hilarious that people actually think that these type of threats actually motivate professional athletes..I think it's fucking hilarious that you actually think that you know what does or doesn't motivate Bowe.

DeezNutz
10-19-2009, 03:04 PM

Interesting choice of analogies.

I've always liked 'em yellers. Shows some fire in the belly. **** those pussy millionaires.

The truth is, doomy closed this thread with response #2. Maybe everything is fine for now, but the long-term view would not be strong.

JD10367
10-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Don't even bother, dude.

I think it's ****ing hilarious that people actually think that these type of threats actually motivate professional athletes. Like Bowe would have only had 20 yards receiving yesterday had Haley not threatened him.

The kid put up 100+ because he's ****ing talented, not because Todd Haley made some dumbass threat.

I highlighted your problem. You're assuming the Chiefs have professional athletes. More like the cast of "Stripes".

You take your foot off the pedal when the engine is humming. The time to be nice to them is AFTER they know what they're doing. Until then, they get the whip, and gruel.

DaWolf
10-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Just think what the reaction would be if he referred to Bowe as "she"...

the Talking Can
10-19-2009, 03:07 PM
Bowe made at least two huge mistakes in that game that easily could have cost us a victory

and if that had happened, the usual group of Heathers would be here whining and crying about the Chiefs and that meany idiot Haley...

but Haley isn't supposed to hold Bowe accountable for repeated mistakes, just be nice guy and and let the fat losers continue to be fat losers....in which case the same group of Heathers would still be complaining about the Chiefs and that meany idiot Haley...

total no win situation....hell, we finally won a game and people are fainting because a coach said something mean to a player on the sideline....the first time in the history of the nfl, it seems...

i wish Haley could work over our soft bitch fan base as well...

Bearcat
10-19-2009, 03:07 PM

I think you're looking into it way further than Haley or Bowe or anyone else on the team. Like it was said earlier, it was probably along the lines of:

"WHAT THE F**K, BOWE?!? I'M TIRED OF THIS SHIT!! IF YOU CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT TO F**KING DO OUT THERE, I'LL TRADE YOUR ASS OUTTA HERE!"

...not something Haley thought about for more than a second in terms of motivational technique, or what he'll say next time, or whatever. I've had a boss who was high strung and liked to yell a lot, and it was just that... yelling. While some tirades might be part of a master plan to push certain buttons, others aren't, and this doesn't seem like anything more than yelling.

Whether it'll wear off, I guess we'll see, but I certainly don't see Haley thinking "threatening to trade him is all I've got left!!!" He was pissed. He yelled. And the article doesn't even really say whether it did light a fire under Bowe's ass or if it was all because they were playing the Washington Redskins.

OnTheWarpath58
10-19-2009, 03:08 PM
I think it's fucking hilarious that you actually think that you know what does or doesn't motivate Bowe.

Bowe specifically? No. I'm not in his head.

However, you'd be hard pressed to argue with the position that the majority of professional football players are driven by pride/ego and money. Not childish threats.

kysirsoze
10-19-2009, 03:08 PM

If the article is to be believed at all, then not only did he say it, it motivated Bowe. He then had a great day, especially considering the offensive output of the rest of the team.

doomy3
10-19-2009, 03:09 PM
I highlighted your problem. You're assuming the Chiefs have professional athletes. More like the cast of "Stripes".

You take your foot off the pedal when the engine is humming. The time to be nice to them is AFTER they know what they're doing. Until then, they get the whip, and gruel.

I agree for the most part.

However, Bowe is a professional athlete. And a damned good one at that.

Bearcat
10-19-2009, 03:09 PM
I think it's ****ing hilarious that people actually think that these type of threats actually motivate professional athletes. Like Bowe would have only had 20 yards receiving yesterday had Haley not threatened him.

The kid put up 100+ because he's ****ing talented, not because Todd Haley made some dumbass threat.

Exactly, and it's ridiculous to think Haley did it to motivate Bowe.

Fish
10-19-2009, 03:10 PM
If you throw the ball to Bowe as many times as we did this last game, he's going to get his yards. That's a given, regardless of any threats.

The only thing I see that changed here is Cassel focusing more on Bowe, like he should have been doing all along. He still dropped quite a few that he shouldn't have.

Buehler445
Don't even bother, dude.

I think it's fucking hilarious that people actually think that these type of threats actually motivate professional athletes. Like Bowe would have only had 20 yards receiving yesterday had Haley not threatened him.

The kid put up 100+ because he's fucking talented, not because Todd Haley made some dumbass threat.

Please don't constrew what I said with a justification for Haley. If it was a legit threat, it was poor coaching. I just think whatever it was that he said was taken out of context.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
You're right. A tactic used to get the best out of a player truly shows what a joke he is and how little he knows. Haley should be fired today....and you're a dumbshit...

BigMeatballDave
10-19-2009, 03:11 PM
oh no, a coach said something mean to a player who screwed up during a game...

everyone faint togetherROFL

DaWolf
10-19-2009, 03:12 PM

However, you'd be hard pressed to argue with the position that the majority of professional football players are driven by pride/ego and money. Not childish threats.

Uhhh, that's the whole reason this team has sucked so badly the last few years. It's full of guys who are driven by pride/ego and money. It's NOT full of guys who are driven by the desire to win. So that's exactly what Haley and Pioli are trying to figure out right now. Who wants to win ballgames, and who is content to get a paycheck and be a mediocre football player for the rest of their professional career.

If Bowe is in the latter category, then yes, trade his ass.

If Haley can build a team that is driven by the thought of winning and who are self accountable and accountable to their teammates, he won't need to bother with the button pushing...

Brock
10-19-2009, 03:12 PM
...and you're a dumbshit...

He's not saying what you think he's saying.

DeezNutz
10-19-2009, 03:14 PM
I remember this one time in a heated moment at Johnson County 3&2, I had a coach yell, "You little shits better pick it up."

I was scared shitless and went on to a go 3-4 with 5 RBIs. Worked like a charm. Knocked the pussy out of me.

I was in the 4th grade, of course, but high-quality coaching is high-quality coaching.

the Talking Can
10-19-2009, 03:14 PM
it doesn't mean anything people

shit like this gets said on every sideline of every game every week of every year....

it's forgotten about almost as soon as it happens...

fucking emo fans

Chiefnj2
10-19-2009, 03:15 PM
If Bowe thought Haley was serious, he would have dropped every ball and caught the first train out of KC.

Coach
DaFace, may I suggest that whoever the person that brings up a new thread of Sanchez, should be traded to the Mange for a beer and hotdogs.

And yes, it is a threat. :D

BigMeatballDave
Most of us don't have multi-million dollar contracts while playing a game we love...

TheGuardian
...and you're a dumbshit...

Your sarcasm meter must be broken today bro.........

OnTheWarpath58
10-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Uhhh, that's the whole reason this team has sucked so badly the last few years. It's full of guys who are driven by pride/ego and money. It's NOT full of guys who are driven by the desire to win. So that's exactly what Haley and Pioli are trying to figure out right now. Who wants to win ballgames, and who is content to get a paycheck and be a mediocre football player for the rest of their professional career.

If Bowe is in the latter category, then yes, trade his ass...

Oh, bull fucking shit.

If you don't equate pride with winning, you're fucking retarded.

These guy have friends all around the league - you think the majority are content to just collect a paycheck on a 1-5 team, while buddies of theirs are on SportsCenter every night, making plays for a contender?

Wow.

keg in kc

However, you'd be hard pressed to argue with the position that the majority of professional football players are driven by pride/ego and money. Not childish threats.The only childish behavior I'm seeing so far is the combined hilarity of folks jumping on Cassel and Haley week after week, regardless of what they say or do on or off the field. It's sort of like seeing a bunch of 8-year olds crying for months because they didn't get the toys they wanted for Christmas.

OnTheWarpath58
I remember this one time in a heated moment at Johnson County 3&2, I had a coach yell, "You little shits better pick it up."

I was scared shitless and went on to a go 3-4 with 5 RBIs. Worked like a charm. Knocked the pussy out of me.

I was in the 4th grade, of course, but high-quality coaching is high-quality coaching.

LMAO

BigMeatballDave

"OMG, did you hear what Brody said to......"LMAO

BigRock
10-19-2009, 03:17 PM
The entire premise of this story is bullshit. Bowe was motivated? The guy dropped 2-3 balls. He went out of bounds on that big play late in the game, carrying the ball on the wrong side all the while. He completely whiffed on a block on Cassel's bootleg, probably preventing a TD in the process.

Bowe didn't play like he was fired up about something. He had nice stats because almost half of Cassel's throws went in his direction. The end.

And as far as the notion of some angry trade threat, factor in Bowe's post-game comments about Haley, the mentoring session Haley appeared to have with him before the final FG (where a totally calm Haley was saying "if you'd stayed inbounds..."), and Bowe being right there for the Gatorade, and that sounds like bullshit too.

KCUnited
10-19-2009, 03:17 PM
No player wants to be traded because their coach/team doesn't believe they can get the job done. That's using his pride to motivate him.

BigMeatballDave
10-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Nothing to see here.

Bowe said yesterday he understood why Haley had been riding him.
He responded. This is a non-issue.Oh, no its not. The fucking sky is falling...:)

Fish
10-19-2009, 03:20 PM
The entire premise of this story is bullshit. Bowe was motivated? The guy dropped 2-3 balls. He went out of bounds on that big play late in the game, carrying the ball on the wrong side all the while. He completely whiffed on a block on Cassel's bootleg, probably preventing a TD in the process.

Bowe didn't play like he was fired up about something. He had nice stats because almost half of Cassel's throws went in his direction. The end.

And as far as the notion of some angry trade threat, factor in Bowe's post-game comments about Haley, the mentoring session Haley appeared to have with him before the final FG (where a totally calm Haley was saying "if you'd stayed inbounds..."), and Bowe being right there for the Gatorade, and that sounds like bullshit too.

Excellent post.

Micjones
10-19-2009, 03:22 PM
Oh, no its not. The fucking sky is falling...:)

Basically. Same shit different toilet.
Even after a win people find stuff to bitch about.

BigMeatballDave
10-19-2009, 03:23 PM
Your sarcasm meter must be broken today bro.........Evidently. Its hard to keep up sometimes. Especially with Demonpenz and Deeznuts around...:D

Otter
10-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Some of you ladies need to sit down, hold hands, make some smores and sing "Kum Bay Ya" instead of watching football. Go to a fucking ballet or an opera but for fucks sake, please stay away from football and hockey before you manage to emasculate it like a neutered ferret.

Go chomp some granola and save a disadvantaged squirrel you pussies.

Sure-Oz
10-19-2009, 03:25 PM
I call BS on this, i doubt bowe would be all happy for haleys first win if he did that....

DaWolf
Oh, bull ****ing shit.

If you don't equate pride with winning, you're ****ing retarded.

These guy have friends all around the league - you think the majority are content to just collect a paycheck on a 1-5 team, while buddies of theirs are on SportsCenter every night, making plays for a contender?

Wow.

Dude, of course. What, you think all players out there have the burning desire to be great AND are willing to put forth the effort to get there? Probably most of them would like that, but that doesn't mean the majority of them want to put the work forth to actually become that. That's why so many first rounders flame out. That's why guys show up to camp 50 pounds overweight. That's why Derrick Johnson, who has all the ability in the world, can go out there and make a great play and spend the rest of the game and the next two weeks being invisible. So yeah, we've had a boatload of players on this team who have not put forth the effort to be a superior player. And if they continue down that road, what use are they to you if your goal is to build a Super Bowl contender? You have to light a fire under people's asses and see if they are ready to prepare and put forth the effort to be a true winning professional. If so, you got yourself a player. If not, then find someone else...

soundmind
Usually like PFT.....but this wreaks of horse manure.

DeezNutz
10-19-2009, 03:26 PM
Basically. Same shit different toilet.
Even after a win people find stuff to bitch about.

No doubt.

After that win yesterday, there should be nothing but content posters around the water cooler. Chiefs football is back.

In the meantime, we can all enjoy the, what is it..., The Hills. Do you happen to know when this airs? That Brody might be dreamy, and his name, in case you forgot, has a Chiefs reference point.

vailpass
Oh please no don't trade me off of a perennial loser in a small market. What if I end up on a winning team in a larger market? There is a chance I could be on a winner and make endorsement $$. Please, not that.

Bearcat

Yep, everything in bold is speculation BS from a supposed threat taken completely out of context... someone trying to make news.

So was he motivated by the rumors? As it turns out, no.

Bowe was motivated by a specific threat, from coach Todd Haley.

Per a league source, Haley tore into Bowe early in Sunday's win over the Redskins, urging Bowe to pick up his game and threatening to trade Bowe if he didn't.

Though some might have seen it as a chance to get over the wall and head to a contending team, the exchange seemed to light a fire under Bowe.

Rooster
10-19-2009, 03:28 PM

I think it is a generation thing. I think for the most part the youth of today are a little more thin skinned growing up in a PC world.

Micjones
10-19-2009, 03:29 PM
After that win yesterday, there should be nothing but content posters around the water cooler. Chiefs football is back.

There's still much cause for concern over this football team, but a Haley verbal assault on Bowe isn't something that is deserving of this much attention.

dirk digler
From reading this it appears this happened very early in the game and it seemed to work as Bowe did step up his game alot. Though he did drop some super easy passes and made 2 bone headed plays near the end of the game overall it was an improvement. Also right at the end of the game he was laughing and joking with Haley so I take it people are making a much bigger deal out of it then it was.

Chocolate Hog
No doubt.

In the meantime, we can all enjoy the, what is it..., The Hills. Do you happen to know when this airs? That Brody might be dreamy, and his name, in case you forgot, has a Chiefs reference point.

Brody is going to have a threesome with his hot girlfriend & Kristen

Coach
I think it is a generation thing. I think for the most part the youth of today are a little more thin skinned growing up in a PC world.

And it's sad. I mean, this generation is very thin skinned.

I mean, a controversy over a goddamned illegal alien costume? Are you fucking kidding me?

It's fucking disgraceful.

DeezNutz
10-19-2009, 03:31 PM
There's still much cause for concern over this football team, but a Haley verbal assault on Bowe isn't something that is deserving of this much attention.

Hmm...I might be confused because I'm engrossed in watching The Bridges of Madison County, but I could have sworn that quotation came from my post.

Carry on.

MOhillbilly
dumb as cerrato is they coulda run a tincan phone to his booth and got the deal done w/ the skins. man i hate that guy.

soundmind

Well, f*ckin' sack up kids, this world isn't getting easier all of the sudden.

DeezNutz
10-19-2009, 03:33 PM
I remember the first time my 2nd grade teacher threatened to "skull fuck me." Whoa. That'll teach a kid to get his cursive Qs down. Fuck.

Norman Einstein
10-19-2009, 03:35 PM
What would be the benefit to either the Chiefs or Bowe in a trade?

If it were true Bowe would most likely be traded to a team with a better chance to get to the SuperBowl, now that is some kind of threat to get someone to perform.

If I remember transactions in the NFL correctly, the player cannot lose money in a trade so the team getting him would have to have salary cap room to add him. Does he have a giant contract? I don't remember what he signed for.

FAX
10-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Wow.

It seems as though Planeteers fall into one of two categories ... those who think that football players are professionals and should be treated as such and those who think that it's necessary to kick their asses from time to time.

Personally, I think Chiefs fans should be happy that we have Haley. He's obviously sincere about winning and works hard at it. He doesn't stand pat with a losing hand and appears to be a straight shooter. These are positive characteristics.

Frankly, I don't think this writer guy understands the dynamic of Haley's relationship with Bowe. If you notice, Bowe is the first guy to approach Haley after the win and the Gatorade dump. He even comes back and gives him another pat on the fanny. Then, you can see Bowe standing next to his coach as the clock winds down. As a person who prides himself on understanding the more subtle aspects of human behavior, it appears to my trained eye that Bowe either respects the guy or wants to have his baby.

I think Haley's reputation as an ass-hole is blown way out of proportion by the media. It makes good gossipy press which sells papers and clicks. But, only a stupid idiot would cross the line with key players and I don't believe for a minute that Haley is a stupid idiot. Rather, I think his passion to win will eventually become contagious and this team will start moving in the right direction. If it does, we'll have Haley to thank.

FAX

KCtotheSB
10-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Whatever he did/said, it fuckin' worked. Do it more often, IMO.

doomy3
10-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Whatever he did/said, it ****in' worked. Do it more often, IMO.

This stance is killing me though.

Did Bowe not put up games like this, and much better ones, with worse QBs for the last two years under Herm?

How many times do you think Herm threatened to trade him, or demoted him to third string.

Seems like unnecessary tactics to me...

OnTheWarpath58
10-19-2009, 03:49 PM
This stance is killing me though.

Did Bowe not put up games like this, and much better ones, with worse QBs for the last two years under Herm?

How many times do you think Herm threatened to trade him, or demoted him to third string.

Seems like unnecessary tactics to me...

This.

And again, has he made these threats consistently across the roster?

Has he threatened Goff about his play at ALL? Niswanger?

Seems like Bowe is getting singled out.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Some of you ladies need to sit down, hold hands, make some smores and sing "Kum Bay Ya" instead of watching football. Go to a fucking ballet or an opera but for fucks sake, please stay away from football and hockey before you manage to emasculate it like a neutered ferret.

Go chomp some granola and save a disadvantaged squirrel you pussies.

LMAO I don't even know who you're talking to, but that's fuckin hilarious.

Reerun_KC
10-19-2009, 03:53 PM
This.

Grab your pitchfork, rope and lets drag Haley to the nearest tree...

Reerun_KC
LMAO I don't even know who you're talking to, but that's ****in hilarious.

That was very funny!

JD10367
This.

Maybe because he sees the most untapped potential in Bowe.

Tribal Warfare
10-19-2009, 03:55 PM

http://mseewv.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/man-card.jpg

the Talking Can
This.

you are dumb as a stump

DaneMcCloud
The only thing I find unbelievable about this report is that Dwayne Bowe would find "motivation" after being told he'd be traded by the Kansas City Chiefs to another team.

OnTheWarpath58
10-19-2009, 03:56 PM
Maybe because he sees the most untapped potential in Bowe.

So, what does that say to the guys that aren't getting it done, but aren't seeing consequences of their poor play?

That he sees no potential worth "tapping" in them, and that they are merely placeholders until they find a replacement?

dirk digler
10-19-2009, 03:58 PM

Why do you think that is?

OnTheWarpath58
10-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Grab your pitchfork, rope and lets drag Haley to the nearest tree...

Not at all.

However, I think you can be a disciplinarian and still treat your players like professionals.

Holding ALL players accountable would be a good start.

JD10367
10-19-2009, 04:00 PM
So, what does that say to the guys that aren't getting it done, but aren't seeing consequences of their poor play?

That he sees no potential worth "tapping" in them, and that they are merely placeholders until they find a replacement?

Yup, pretty much.

The Chiefs only have a handful of bona-fide quality players. Bowe apparently is the one Haley thinks has the most untapped potential that's getting sidelined by his attitude, be it lazy, crappy, childish, whatever. A sign of a good coach is knowing how to treat players according to how they need to be treated. Haley knows that what works with a vet like Vrabel wouldn't work on Bowe and vice versa. It's a lesson Haley seems to know after only six games, yet Mangini still hasn't learned.

Haley. Is. Not. The. Problem.

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2009, 04:00 PM

Because deep down, Haley is a Wide Receiver coach.

Contrarian
10-19-2009, 04:01 PM

Uh....this isn't the season for holding in your real feelings dude.
Being nice is not going to build confidence either. These guys are being tested everyday to see if they have it and if not they're gone.
So far this year their not talented enough and lacking positive consistency. You want to build consistency you have make them aware of the alternative.
What makes you go in to work every day at a specific time and work consistently at your job to get that promotion or that raise? The threat that your ass will not have a job to go to. Now if your going in there because you love it, you take pride in it, you want to become great at it, you want more money, then that is the kind of player the Chiefs are looking for. IMO

philfree
10-19-2009, 04:02 PM
This.

Haley has said in a press conference that he doesn't treat every player the same. He said he treats them the way he thinks they need to be treated. So waht's the big deal?

PhilFree:arrow:

FAX
This.

The thing is that, even if it happened, we'd never hear about it, Mr. OnTheWarpath58. Sports reporters only like to talk about the star players.

Haley could spend an entire afternoon trying to jam a blocking sled up Goff's patoot, but it wouldn't make the papers.

FAX

CaliforniaChief
Not at all.

However, I think you can be a disciplinarian and still treat your players like professionals.

Holding ALL players accountable would be a good start.

Yeah and it sure looked like the players were pissed at Haley after the game. You are all getting wound up over a report from an unnamed "League" source to Mike Freaking Florio. Gimme a break.

OnTheWarpath58
10-19-2009, 04:03 PM

I'd love to know.

Just odd that the only playmaker we have on offense gets read the riot act, even though he's giving a great effort, while guys like Goff and Niswanger go through the fucking motions, and still have their jobs.

Is Dwayne making mistakes? Absolutely.

Is it due to a lack of effort, like others on the roster? Not a chance, IMO.

dirk digler
10-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Because deep down, Haley is a Wide Receiver coach.

I know that was probably a knock on Haley but I think in some way you are right. He came up as a WR's coach and he knows what it takes for the great WR's to be successful. I think he is trying to push as many buttons on Bowe as he can because he knows Bowe can be great if he would get his head on straight.

OnTheWarpath58
10-19-2009, 04:04 PM
The thing is that, even if it happened, we'd never hear about it, Mr. OnTheWarpath58. Sports reporters only like to talk about the star players.

Haley could spend an entire afternoon trying to jam a blocking sled up Goff's patoot, but it wouldn't make the papers.

FAX

We'd find out when Goff was benched like Bowe was early in the season, wouldn't we, Mr. FAX?

raybec 4
10-19-2009, 04:05 PM
ummm. Not if it worked.

Yeah what a fuckin joke to find the right button to push to motivate somebody

JD10367
10-19-2009, 04:06 PM

Oh, please.

Cassel spent his first few seasons under Bill Belichick, fer crissake.

There's nothing Haley could say or do that would scare Cassel, LOL.

OnTheWarpath58
Yeah and it sure looked like the players were pissed at Haley after the game. You are all getting wound up over a report from an unnamed "League" source to Mike Freaking Florio. Gimme a break.

I'm not wound up at all.

And I'm not even against him being a hard-ass, but I do have a problem with him making that childish of a comment in game, and not keeping a level playing field. Guys like Bowe and DJ are getting singled out, while Goff, Niswanger, Brown, etc get a pass, and keep their jobs.

philfree
I'd love to know.

Just odd that the only playmaker we have on offense gets read the riot act, even though he's giving a great effort, while guys like Goff and Niswanger go through the ****ing motions, and still have their jobs.

Lack of effort? What leads you to believea that these guys are not giving the effort? They may not be that good but I don't see any lack of effort.

dirk digler
I'd love to know.

Just odd that the only playmaker we have on offense gets read the riot act, even though he's giving a great effort, while guys like Goff and Niswanger go through the fucking motions, and still have their jobs.

I don't know everything that happened in Arizona but Haley was hardest on Fitzgerald, Warner and Boldin. He is trying to get greatness out of these guys because they are the playmakers just like he is hard on Bowe, Bradley and Cassel.

DaneMcCloud
I know that was probably a knock on Haley but I think in some way you are right. He came up as a WR's coach and he knows what it takes for the great WR's to be successful. I think he is trying to push as many buttons on Bowe as he can because he knows Bowe can be great if he would get his head on straight.

It's not a knock.

Andy Reid is a QB coach. Shanahan is a QB coach. Holmgren is a QB coach.

And on and on and on.

Maybe someday, Haley will be in the same category as those coaches but if Haley were to lose his job today, he'd be a WR coach somewhere tomorrow.

penchief
10-19-2009, 04:07 PM

I can't believe some of the idiotic things chief fans say on this board. Nobody knows if it really happened or what context it might have been said. That said, why so much drama over a coach that has a low tolerance for lack of concentration, poor execution, and lax play?

It's amazing how sensitive some people are about this topic. We finally have a real football coach who holds his players accountable and all the fans want to do is cry about it. Maybe we should ask Herm to come back so nobody's feelings are hurt. The media and the fans are being bigger pussies about this than the players are.

TheGuardian
10-19-2009, 04:07 PM
I'd love to know.

Just odd that the only playmaker we have on offense gets read the riot act, even though he's giving a great effort, while guys like Goff and Niswanger go through the ****ing motions, and still have their jobs.

Because as soon as he can get guys to replace those guys he will. He doesn't see guys like goff and Niswanger as part of a GREAT TEAM. Therefore he'll deal with the hand he has been dealt with those guys right now and upgrade them when he can.

You ever notice he only talks about the good players on the team for the most part, yet those same players he seems to criticize the most? Albert, Bowe, Flowers, Dorsey etc? Why? Because those are the guys that he will build the team around, yet at the same time he needs for them to rise to even greater levels. As a coach you ride your best players the hardest. The guys you know don't have "it" you make due with them. Bowe probably has the highest ceiling of anyone on the team besides Flowers, so those two guys will get ridden the hardest. Since Flowers seems to be living up to his part he hasn't caught the full force of it. Once bowe starts he'll stop riding his ass so hard.

stevieray
10-19-2009, 04:08 PM
...the horror...the horror of it all...

FAX
10-19-2009, 04:09 PM
We'd find out when Goff was benched like Bowe was early in the season, wouldn't we, Mr. FAX?

Maybe. Then again, maybe not. I'm not sure anyone would really care enough to write the story. After all, Goff is a journeyman ... not a potential Pro-Bowler.

Still, you may be right. The Olathe paper did report that, after Waters was threatened with a contract extension, his play did improve somewhat.

FAX

OnTheWarpath58
10-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Yup, pretty much.

The Chiefs only have a handful of bona-fide quality players. Bowe apparently is the one Haley thinks has the most untapped potential that's getting sidelined by his attitude, be it lazy, crappy, childish, whatever. A sign of a good coach is knowing how to treat players according to how they need to be treated. Haley knows that what works with a vet like Vrabel wouldn't work on Bowe and vice versa. It's a lesson Haley seems to know after only six games, yet Mangini still hasn't learned.

Haley. Is. Not. The. Problem.

Who said he was the problem?

I'm just not a fan of riding Bowe's ass, while giving others a pass for horrendous play.

I've said numerous times that Haley, while not a choice I would have made, is growing on me.

However, I don't see the benefit in making a comment like that, to a player that is giving his all while others aren't, in the middle of a game, no less.

RedThat
10-19-2009, 04:10 PM
I'd love to know.

Very very true.

King_Chief_Fan
10-19-2009, 04:10 PM
I'm not wound up at all.

And I'm not even against him being a hard-ass, but I do have a problem with him making that childish of a comment in game, and not keeping a level playing field. Guys like Bowe and DJ are getting singled out, while Goff, Niswanger, Brown, etc get a pass, and keep their jobs.

I think he isn't going to waste his breath, time or effort on the likes of Goff Niswanger or Brown......they are stop gaps this year, they will be gone. He intends to mold Bowe to be as great as he can because he wants to keep him.

I don't believe 1/3 of the drivil that comes from these reports.

dirk digler
10-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Because as soon as he can get guys to replace those guys he will. He doesn't see guys like goff and Niswanger as part of a GREAT TEAM. Therefore he'll deal with the hand he has been dealt with those guys right now and upgrade them when he can.

You ever notice he only talks about the good players on the team for the most part, yet those same players he seems to criticize the most? Albert, Bowe, Flowers, Dorsey etc? Why? Because those are the guys that he will build the team around, yet at the same time he needs for them to rise to even greater levels. As a coach you ride your best players the hardest. The guys you know don't have "it" you make due with them. Bowe probably has the highest ceiling of anyone on the team besides Flowers, so those two guys will get ridden the hardest. Since Flowers seems to be living up to his part he hasn't caught the full force of it. Once bowe starts he'll stop riding his ass so hard.

I think that is spot on

philfree
10-19-2009, 04:12 PM

I'm just not a fan of riding Bowe's ass, while giving others a pass for horrendous play.

I've said numerous times that Haley, while not a choice I would have made, is growing on me.

However, I don't see the benefit in making a comment like that, to a player that is giving his all while others aren't, in the middle of a game, no less.

How do you know those guys aren't giving their all? That's just silly to say.

RedThat
Yeah for real why does Dwayne Bowe receive the heat when he is heads and shoulders better then anyone we have on offense talentwise?

Shouldn't Haley be on Goff and Niswanger, heck even Cassel should be getting some heat for the way he is playing. It just doesn't make any sense. I can't grasp what he is doing.

JD10367

Again, you're making assumptions. Unless you're a player on the sidelines or are part of the Chiefs organization... It's obviously clear that Haley doesn't think Bowe is "giving his all" yet. He's trying to get "all" from Bowe. Or, otherwise, what are you saying? That Haley somehow hates Bowe and is being unfairly hard on him for no reason? That would make absolutely no sense, and I'm pretty sure it's not something that would go unnoticed by Pioli or the other 52 players.

OnTheWarpath58
10-19-2009, 04:13 PM
I think he isn't going to waste his breath, time or effort on the likes of Goff Niswanger or Brown......they are stop gaps this year, they will be gone. He intends to mold Bowe to be as great as he can because he wants to keep him.

I don't believe 1/3 of the drivil that comes from these reports.

Would it not be a benefit to the TEAM to make an effort with the worst unit (OL) on the roster?

If ANYONE needs to understand that their job isn't safe from week to week, it the OL.

You can throw Brown in that category too.

If these "threats" are the motivating factor some of you claim they are, how about lighting a fire under the asses of the slackers?

PornChief
10-19-2009, 04:14 PM
treat em mean and keep em keen?

TheGuardian
10-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Yeah for real why does Dwayne Bowe receive the heat when he is heads and shoulders better then anyone we have on offense talentwise?

Shouldn't Haley be on Goff and Niswanger, heck even Cassel should be getting some heat for the way he is playing. It just doesn't make any sense. I can't grasp what he is doing.

Probably because you're not a professional football coach? I'm just sayin...

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Probably because you're not a professional football coach? I'm just sayin...

So then why do Niswanger and Goff get a pass?

King_Chief_Fan
10-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Would it not be a benefit to the TEAM to make an effort with the worst unit (OL) on the roster?

If ANYONE needs to understand that their job isn't safe from week to week, it the OL.

If these "threats" are the motivating factor some of you claim they are, how about lighting a fire under the asses of the slackers?

it takes a coach to know the difference, you and I aren't coaches. You don't waste your time on a guy who hasn't shown promise.

TheGuardian
10-19-2009, 04:18 PM

Because those guys are what they are. Scrub/average players. Why would he spend time breaking his foot off in players asses who really do work as hard as they can't, but just don't have the talent to be any better?

Like I said, Haley will replace those guys this offseason. Book it. But right now, he's going to ride his best players to become even better so that way when new young guys come in, they will look to those guys for how to prepare and conduct themselves.

I bet there were Cardinal fans that wondered why Haley was riding Fitz ass so hard when the guy was already considered a top 10 WR. Well, after Haley got there he became arguably the BEST WR in the league. And there is a difference between being a top 10 guy, and possibly the best guy at your position.

philfree
10-19-2009, 04:18 PM

Who says they're getting a pass?

OnTheWarpath58
10-19-2009, 04:19 PM
it takes a coach to know the difference, you and I aren't coaches. You don't waste your time on a guy who hasn't shown promise.

So, fuck the 45 guys that show no promise, and just coach up the handful that do.

Sounds like a winning strategy.

:spock:

dirk digler

He talked about that today by showing the OL the clips of Cassel continuously getting drilled by 300 lb + DE\DT's.

RedThat

Oh I have no doubts that will happen. But when you're benching good players, you're benching quality. Over what? Lack of quality. It doesn't make sense.

If you bench lack of quality then it doesn't hurt as much because at least you can find out what you have on the depth charts.

Benching quality is only hurting the team. If you're gonna bench someone, bench the guys who don't perform. Then maybe you bring out the best in those players?

King_Chief_Fan
10-19-2009, 04:20 PM
So, **** the 45 guys that show no promise, and just coach up the handful that do.

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=6188269#post6188269)
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Because those guys are what they are. Scrub/average players. Why would he spend time breaking his foot off in players asses who really do work as hard as they can, but just don't have the talent to be any better?

Like I said, Haley will replace those guys this offseason. Book it. But right now, he's going to ride his best players to become even better so that way when new young guys come in, they will look to those guys for how to prepare and conduct themselves.

I bet there were Cardinal fans that wondered why Haley was riding Fitz ass so hard when the guy was already considered a top 10 WR. Well, after Haley got there he became arguably the BEST WR in the league. And there is a difference between being a top 10 guy, and possibly the best guy at your position.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Crush
10-19-2009, 04:24 PM
This thread is disgusting.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3445/bloodytamponninja.jpg

blazzin311
10-19-2009, 04:27 PM

But I seriously doubt haley is that big of an asshole. And I doubt bowe would be celebrating with haley at the end of the game if he had just received that threat earlier in the game.Posted via Mobile Device

Exactly. If I recall correctly, Bowe was one of the first players, (might have been the first) to go up and congratulate and hug Haley after the win. I could be mistaken though. Correct me if I'm wrong.

doomy3
Oh, please.

Cassel spent his first few seasons under Bill Belichick, fer crissake.

There's nothing Haley could say or do that would scare Cassel, LOL.

Honest question.

Have there ever been reports of Belichick threatening to trade his best player in the middle of the game?

Are there numerous heated exchanges between Belichick and his QBs during every game?

OnTheWarpath58
Because those guys are what they are. Scrub/average players. Why would he spend time breaking his foot off in players asses who really do work as hard as they can't, but just don't have the talent to be any better?

I don't disagree with the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs.

However, just ignoring the "stopgaps" isn't for the best of the team, IMO. Now, or for the future.

Mike Brown has made more mistakes in 6 games than Pollard made last year. Why not send him a message, bench his ass, and give Morgan a chance to show you something - instead of just assuming that because he was a Herm pick he's worthless?

Same with the OL. Mix things up. See what you have in younger players. If there EVER was a time to see what you have in some of these young guys, NOW is the time - instead, we're watching Cassel get abused because of Goff's incompetence/apathy, when we could be getting a look at younger players - who may never amount to anything, but at least we would KNOW.

Fair to say that we know exactly what we're getting, and going to get out of Brown and Goff, as examples.

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Who says they're getting a pass?

By the simple fact that both are uncontested starters.

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2009, 04:31 PM

Then why haven't they been replaced?

If they're both as good as they get (which is complete trash), why aren't they signing guys off of practice squads, moving a player like Wade Smith to center, right guard or right tackle, etc.

Why the status quo?

I'm sorry but that just doesn't add up, IMO.

wild1
10-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Everything else this Florio dork writes is BS, I don't believe this either.

RedThat
10-19-2009, 04:33 PM
I don't disagree with the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs.

However, just ignoring the "stopgaps" isn't for the best of the team, IMO. Now, or for the future.

Mike Brown has made more mistakes in 6 games than Pollard made last year. Why not send him a message, bench his ass, and give Morgan a chance to show you something - instead of just assuming that because he was a Herm pick he's worthless?

Same with the OL. Mix things up. See what you have in younger players. If there EVER was a time to see what you have in some of these young guys, NOW is the time - instead, we're watching Cassel get abused because of Goff's incompetence/apathy, when we could be getting a look at younger players - who may never amount to anything, but at least we would KNOW.

Fair to say that we know exactly what we're getting, and going to get out of Brown and Goff, as examples.

I agree now is the time to do it were rebuilding and have nothing to lose by benching some of these guys. If your gonna find out what you have in Morgan, might as well play him now and since they're a bad team they can afford experiments.

dirk digler
10-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Honest question.

Have there ever been reports of Belichick threatening to trade his best player in the middle of the game?

Are there numerous heated exchanges between Belichick and his QBs during every game?

Belichick does it different but he still will try to embarrass players to motivate them.

Go read what Tony G said about playing in the freaking Pro Bowl and he missed a block and when he was walking back to the sidelines Belichick said "nice fucking block Gonzalez". The next time on ST's he made a good block and Belichick just ignored him. Message received.

philfree
10-19-2009, 04:37 PM
By the simple fact that both are uncontested starters.

Who says that they haven't been contested? There's no facts to support that.

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2009, 04:40 PM

Wade Smith can play center, right guard and now left tackle at a high level.

Why hasn't he been a starter at center, right guard or right tackle since the beginning of training camp?

I guarantee you beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's more athletic and better suited to be on the field than Niswanger, Goff, Nsuckwe or O'C.

doomy3
10-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Belichick does it different but he still will try to embarrass players to motivate them.

Go read what Tony G said about playing in the freaking Pro Bowl and he missed a block and when he was walking back to the sidelines Belichick said "nice ****ing block Gonzalez". The next time on ST's he made a good block and Belichick just ignored him. Message received.

I'm sorry, but this is no where on the same level as what we're talking about. I have no problem with Haley doing this, which he does all the time. However, that is much different than flying off the handle and threatening to trade your best player.

JASONSAUTO
10-19-2009, 04:43 PM
So, fuck the 45 guys that show no promise, and just coach up the handful that do.

WHY waste time and energy on guys that they KNOW wont be here next year? hell maybe even next WEEK

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2009, 04:44 PM
WHY waste time and energy on guys that they KNOW wont be here next year? hell maybe even next WEEK

Then why even suit up and play, Jason?

BigMeatballDave
10-19-2009, 04:46 PM
So then why do Niswanger and Goff get a pass?Who is going to replace them? They all suck.

doomy3

When those guys are starters, and are in many ways responsible for the success of the guys he is constantly blasting or threatening to trade, yeah I think he should "waste that time and energy."

philfree
Wade Smith can play center, right guard and now left tackle at a high level.

Why hasn't he been a starter at center, right guard or right tackle since the beginning of training camp?

I guarantee you beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's more athletic and better suited to be on the field than Niswanger, Goff, Nsuckwe or O'C.

Maybe you and the HC don't hold the same opinions about these guys. And maybe because Smith is such a utility guy his job is to back up several positions. As far as a high level is concerned let's not get carried away. How many times did Cassel get sacked yesterday? It does seem however, that our line blocks better with Smith playing LT instead of Albert. Maybe Haley should bench Albert for Smith?

OnTheWarpath58
10-19-2009, 04:47 PM

To try to win games?

To try to keep your $63M QB alive?

And personally, I'd like to know how Haley, Pioli or anyone else can tell me that Morgan, as an example won't be here this year, when he hasn't been given a chance to play?

Meanwhile, Mike Brown is playing at a level that makes Pollard look like a fucking Pro Bowler.

Some of these guys have to be here next year. You're not going to turn over 45 guys on this roster in one offseason.

OnTheWarpath58
10-19-2009, 04:48 PM
When those guys are starters, and are in many ways responsible for the success of the guys he is constantly blasting or threatening to trade, yeah I think he should "waste that time and energy."

This.

Haley's job is to get the most out of every player that dresses on Sunday, not just a select few.

JASONSAUTO
10-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Then why even suit up and play, Jason?

probably the millions of dollars they are getting paid.

LaChapelle
10-19-2009, 04:51 PM
With this many posts I would assume there is a lot of this going on

DaneMcCloud
Maybe you and the HC don't hold the same opinions about these guys.

And therein lies the problem. With Alleman on the field last week in place of Goof, the offensive line opened running lanes that hadn't been there before. Niswanger gets a complete pass, while he sucks it up on each and every series.

Anyone who watches the Chiefs immediately noticed the difference.

And maybe because Smith is such a utility guy his job is to back up several positions.

If your "utility" player is better than your starter, you're in trouble.

Ooops...

As far as a high level is concerned let's not get carried away. How many times did Cassel get sacked yesterday? It does seem however, that our line blocks better with Smith playing LT instead of Albert. Maybe Haley should bench Albert for Smith?

He plays at a much higher level than Niswanger, Goof or O'C. He didn't take all reps with the first team since OTA's, yet he's played very respectfully considering that.

Why isn't he on the field as a starter somewhere? Get your best players on the field, all the time.

JASONSAUTO
To try to win games?

To try to keep your $63M QB alive?

And personally, I'd like to know how Haley, Pioli or anyone else can tell me that Morgan, as an example won't be here this year, when he hasn't been given a chance to play?

Meanwhile, Mike Brown is playing at a level that makes Pollard look like a fucking Pro Bowler.

Some of these guys have to be here next year. You're not going to turn over 45 guys on this roster in one offseason.

hey i dont know the "WHY" just pay attention. when some guys fuck up they arent gotten on to. bowe and cassel are. why? they are the building blocks of this team. most other guys will be gone in the next year or two, again maybe in a week.

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2009, 04:53 PM
probably the millions of dollars they are getting paid.

So that's why? Money?

:rolleyes:

Considering that there are less than a handful of guys on the 53 man roster that would have jobs elsewhere, let alone starting jobs, EVERYONE needs to be coached up as much as possible.

Furthermore, there are very few players on this squad earning "millions" of dollars.

Very few.

Rooster
10-19-2009, 04:56 PM

This is Chiefs Planet... Facts have nothing to do with anything.

KCChiefsMan
I heard that Haley threatened to rape Bowe's girlfriend during the game

FringeNC
JFC. Have some of you never dealt with a hard-ass coach, mentor, boss etc?

Yes, there are examples of task masters who fail and players' who succeed, but some of you guys act as if it is impossible that Bill Parcells was successful, when in fact we know he was.

OnTheWarpath58
10-19-2009, 04:58 PM
hey i dont know the "WHY" just pay attention. when some guys fuck up they arent gotten on to. bowe and cassel are. why? they are the building blocks of this team. most other guys will be gone in the next year or two, again maybe in a week.

http://i38.tinypic.com/9hrq8h.jpg

ChiefsCountry
10-19-2009, 04:59 PM

Yes, there are examples of task masters who fail and players' who succeed, but some of you guys act as if it is impossible that Bill Parcells was successful, when in fact we know he was.

Bill Parcells the most overrated coach in football history who never won shit without Belichick running his defenses.

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2009, 04:59 PM

And Frank Kush washed out.

For every "hard ass", there's a non "hard-ass" that's just as successful, if not more.

And BTW, if I had a "hard ass" boss that treated me like shit whenever he felt like it, I'd tell him to fuck off.

philfree
10-19-2009, 05:00 PM
And therein lies the problem. With Alleman on the field last week in place of Goof, the offensive line opened running lanes that hadn't been there before. Niswanger gets a complete pass, while he sucks it up on each and every series.

Anyone who watches the Chiefs immediately noticed the difference.

If your "utility" player is better than your starter, you're in trouble.

Ooops...

He plays at a much higher level than Niswanger, Goof or O'C. He didn't take all reps with the first team since OTA's, yet he's played very respectfully considering that.

Why isn't he on the field as a starter somewhere? Get your best players on the field, all the time.

Honestly I don't think we've seen enough of Smith to make the evaluations that you are. You are intitled to your opinion though.

OnTheWarpath58
10-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Bill Parcells the most overrated coach in football history who never won shit without Belichick running his defenses.

Beat me to it.

JASONSAUTO
10-19-2009, 05:01 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/9hrq8h.jpg

no i got the point. it just doesnt make sense that he jumps bowe for everything and then when goff wiffs he(haley) just looks at the ground. seems like he's not worried about them getting better. they wont be here much longer

Pestilence
Cut Goff and Niswanger.....bring up Darryl Harris from the PS......grab AQ Shipley from the Steelers PS.....and plug in Wade Smith at C....and Ndukwe at RG.

I'm fucking sick and tired of seeing Goff and Niswanger suck.

DaneMcCloud
Honestly I don't think we've seen enough of Smith to make the evaluations that you are. You are intitled to your opinion though.

Well Phil, he's been in the league for 7 years.

Maybe you haven't seen enough but I have.

And as a starter at right guard last year, he was a clear upgrade over Adrian Jones.

And he'd be a clear upgrade over Mike Goof or Niswanger as well.

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Cut Goff and Niswanger.....bring up Darryl Harris from the PS......grab AQ Shipley from the Steelers PS.....and plug in Wade Smith at C....and Ndukwe at RG.

I'm fucking sick and tired of seeing Goff and Niswanger suck.

I've been saying this for weeks on end.

Apparently, the Chiefs F.O. doesn't read Chiefsplanet.

:D

FringeNC
10-19-2009, 05:03 PM
For every "hard ass", there's a non "hard-ass" that's just as successful, if not more.

Can you read? Isn't that what I wrote? My point is that being a hard-ass coach does not guarantee failure, as all the bed-wetters would have you believe.

dirk digler
I'm sorry, but this is no where on the same level as what we're talking about. I have no problem with Haley doing this, which he does all the time. However, that is much different than flying off the handle and threatening to trade your best player.

I think they are similar in the fact that both coaches are trying to motivate and get the best out of the player and mostly by embarrassing them and dressing them down. Haley is just more in the face type.

kcchiefsus
I find it hard to believe anything that comes from that shit website.

OnTheWarpath58
10-19-2009, 05:06 PM
no i got the point. it just doesnt make sense that he jumps bowe for everything and then when goff wiffs he(haley) just looks at the ground. seems like he's not worried about them getting better. they wont be here much longer

Oh, you definitely missed the point.

How do you hold Cassel and Bowe accountable when you don't address some HUGE factors that effect their play? (OL play, specifically)

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2009, 05:07 PM
Can you read? Isn't that what I wrote? My point is that being a hard-ass coach does not guarantee failure, as all the bed-wetters would have you believe.

It doesn't guarantee success, either.

FringeNC
10-19-2009, 05:08 PM
It doesn't guarantee success, either.

Agree 100%.

CaliforniaChief
10-19-2009, 05:08 PM
Again, aren't we rehashing an old discussion based on a report that we could logically say is 99.9% fallacious?

OnTheWarpath58
10-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Again, aren't we rehashing an old discussion based on a report that we could logically say is 99.9% fallacious?

How did you come about that 99.9% number?

Did it happen? We'll never know for sure, though I don't see any reason for Florio to lie about it - and then print said lie.

But I don't think there's anyone here who can't conceive this happening, given Haley's history.

KCChiefsMan
10-19-2009, 05:13 PM
supposedly Haly walked up to Bowe in the locker room and told him that he likes him and that Bowe can come to his house and f*ck his sister, then haley punched bowe in the stomach.

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2009, 05:14 PM

Florio's now owned by NBC.

If he was printing a lie or fabrication, it'd be his ass.

CaliforniaChief
10-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Florio's now owned by NBC.

If he was printing a lie or fabrication, it'd be his ass.

Anyone can hide behind an unnamed "league source" and write anything they want.

philfree
10-19-2009, 05:19 PM
Well Phil, he's been in the league for 7 years.

Maybe you haven't seen enough but I have.

And as a starter at right guard last year, he was a clear upgrade over Adrian Jones.

And he'd be a clear upgrade over Mike Goof or Niswanger as well.

So you've Wade Smith specifically since before he was a Chief? Or just since he's been a Chief? So you watched him and our o line get mauled in the seven games he started last year? O.K. that's convincing. Not.

Since Jones was cut and Smith wasn't at least Haley was smart enough to get that right. LOL I think that if Smith has to start very many games he'll be exposed just like the rest of our O line.

tommykat
10-19-2009, 05:20 PM
I've got it!! Why not release Bowe and Cassle? I mean honestly, just like Herm let Jared Allen go amongest other. Why not just kill the Chiefs now as you all seem to think we are so doomed? Rebuilding is a batch, but u gotta love the fact that "The Chiefs" just might have a chance down the road.
Oh, I did wake up all.ROFL

FAX
10-19-2009, 05:21 PM
This thread has morphed into a very interesting discussion.

In a prior life, I used to do a lot of sales training. Consulting stuff. This bizarre way to make a living involved evaluating a sales staff and determining the best method and means for improving overall top line results. Invariably, the staff would be comprised of a few people who were very good, a few who were very bad, and a great majority who were merely average.

I found that, given a finite amount of time and a limited vocabulary of insults, our time was best served focusing on elevating the production of the top producers. In other words, overall, enterprise-wide sales performance would improve faster and more dramatically when the few "good" salespeople improved their technique, work ethic, and organizational skills ... as opposed to trying to boost the performance of everyone else.

I wonder if the same thing doesn't hold true in coaching football. I mean, if you focus your attention on key, impact players ... the playmakers whose efforts can dramatically change the outcome of a game ... you achieve positive results sooner, as compared to spending your time attempting to develop the skills of the more marginal guys. Possible?

FAX

CaliforniaChief
10-19-2009, 05:25 PM
How did you come about that 99.9% number?

Did it happen? We'll never know for sure, though I don't see any reason for Florio to lie about it - and then print said lie.

But I don't think there's anyone here who can't conceive this happening, given Haley's history.

Stuff like this happens when a "league source" one thing from someone who hears something different than what was said or intended.

Like I said. They won the game. Bowe didn't exactly seem upset by Haley after the game. It's a case of someone stirring up shit to write something interesting. Mission accomplished.

OnTheWarpath58
10-19-2009, 05:25 PM
This thread has morphed into a very interesting discussion.

In a prior life, I used to do a lot of sales training. Consulting stuff. This bizarre way to make a living involved evaluating a sales staff and determining the best method and means for improving overall top line results. Invariably, the staff would be comprised of a few people who were very good, a few who were very bad, and a great majority who were merely average.

I found that, given a finite amount of time and a limited vocabulary of insults, our time was best served focusing on elevating the production of the top producers. In other words, overall, enterprise-wide sales performance would improve faster and more dramatically when the few "good" salespeople improved their technique, work ethic, and organizational skills ... as opposed to trying to boost the performance of everyone else.

I wonder if the same thing doesn't hold true in coaching football. I mean, if you focus your attention on key, impact players ... the playmakers whose efforts can dramatically change the outcome of a game ... you achieve positive results sooner, as compared to spending your time attempting to develop the skills of the more marginal guys. Possible?

FAX

Here's the problem with that, Mr. FAX.

Those under-achieving salespeople may have an impact on the "team," but have no direct impact on the "good" salespeople regarding job performance.

In our case, Mike Goff's (as an exapmle) shitty performance not only brings down the level of the team, it brings down the level of performance of the players you are trying to focus on getting the most out of.

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2009, 05:26 PM
Anyone can hide behind an unnamed "league source" and write anything they want.

Well then Florio's contacts will quickly begin to dry out if he's exposed as a fraud.

BTW, Haley wouldn't address it in the press conference today. All he did was "smile".

That's indictment enough.

Reerun_KC
10-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Well then Florio's contacts will quickly begin to dry out if he's exposed as a fraud.

BTW, Haley wouldn't address it in the press conference today. All he did was "smile".

Props to Haley...

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2009, 05:29 PM
So you've Wade Smith specifically since before he was a Chief? Or just since he's been a Chief? So you watched him and our o line get mauled in the seven games he started last year? O.K. that's convincing. Not.

Uh, our offensive line DID NOT get "mauled" last year once they switched to the spread, which is when Smith joined the lineup.

Furthermore, yes I watched him at Miami as a matter of fact.

Since Jones was cut and Smith wasn't at least Haley was smart enough to get that right. LOL I think that if Smith has to start very many games he'll be exposed just like the rest of our O line.

I don't think you understand or are watching line play, Phil. Smith at left tackle has had an extremely difficult job because he's been up against the opposing team's best pass rusher. He's done a commendable job in two games, especially considering he hasn't played the position in years.

:shake:

Tiger's Fan
10-19-2009, 05:29 PM
I tried, but couldn't read through most of this drivel, so I'll get right to the point(s).

A: Anyone who posts rumors from Florio is just trying to stir up shit.

B: Football isn't for pussies, which is why a lot of guys on this board can't relate to what happens on the field, especially during a game.

FAX
10-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Here's the problem with that, Mr. FAX.

Those under-achieving salespeople may have an impact on the "team," but have no direct impact on the "good" salespeople regarding job performance.

In our case, Mike Goff's (as an exapmle) shitty performance not only brings down the level of the team, it brings down the level of performance of the players you are trying to focus on getting the most out of.

Excellent point. You're right. Sales personnel function in a "vacuum" whereas football players have to work together. In that regard, the analogy fails.

However, it might make sense to coaches - who have a limited amount of time to work with players - to focus their attention on the playmakers - the impact guys. Goff, for example, can help make a play successful, but Bowe can turn a marginal, meaningless play into an outstanding, game-changing one by running a crisp route, making the catch, breaking a tackle, and entering the endzone. Goff merely contributes. Bowe makes the play special.

FAX

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2009, 05:31 PM
Stuff like this happens when a "league source" one thing from someone who hears something different than what was said or intended.

Like I said. They won the game. Bowe didn't exactly seem upset by Haley after the game. It's a case of someone stirring up shit to write something interesting. Mission accomplished.

Mission accomplished?

LMAO

I think it's funny that you think the Chiefs are so relevant that Florio had to pull this nugget out of his ass to get attention.

That's hilarious.

LMAO

No one in the country gives a shit about the Chiefs, much less Mike Florio. Have you seen the stadium lately? Even Kansas Citians don't care anymore.

Tiger's Fan
10-19-2009, 05:31 PM

Florio once reported that Terry Bradshaw was dead.

You're still a putz.

Water is wet.

OnTheWarpath58
10-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Excellent point. You're right. Sales personnel function in a "vacuum" whereas football players have to work together. In that regard, the analogy fails.

However, it might make sense to coaches - who have a limited amount of time to work with players - to focus their attention on the playmakers - the impact guys. Goff, for example, can help make a play successful, but Bowe can turn a marginal, meaningless play into an outstanding, game-changing one by running a crisp route, making the catch, breaking a tackle, and entering the endzone. Goff merely contributes. Bowe makes the play special.

FAX

Bowe never gets the opportunity to make a play "special" if Cassel is killed by the man Goff was supposed to block.

And in all honesty, Mr. FAX, Haley's not in this alone - he has position coaches to assist as well. At least they should be.

CaliforniaChief

Florio's not going to be exposed (at least on this story) because the people affected by it (Bowe and Haley) aren't legitimizing it. The only people who seem to be menstruating about it are people determined to find a black lining in a silver cloud. So there's nothing to stop these "OMG so and so said this about so and so" gossip junk that inevitably goes on about everyone.

This is a classic case of telephone. Someone says something, someone overhears something and hears it slightly differently or misconstrues the context/tone of the conversation, and all of the sudden what is rumored becomes gospel truth.

DaneMcCloud
Florio once reported that Terry Bradshaw was dead.

You're still a putz.

Water is wet.

So you're implying that Haley this didn't happen, right?

It's all a fabrication?

I find it quite hilarious that anytime a Chiefs fan reads something they don't like, whether it be Florio or Prisco or Whitlock, it's immediately labeled a "fabrication".

Awesome.

LMAO

CaliforniaChief
10-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Mission accomplished?

LMAO

I think it's funny that you think the Chiefs are so relevant that Florio had to pull this nugget out of his ass to get attention.

That's hilarious.

LMAO

No one in the country gives a shit about the Chiefs, much less Mike Florio. Have you seen the stadium lately? Even Kansas Citians don't care anymore.

So..............
If nobody cares about the Chiefs, why print anything?

smittysbar
10-19-2009, 05:34 PM
NO ONE HERE knows shit about what/which players are putting out effort wise. NO ONE HERE knows if he is using the same approach on different players. NO ONE HERE knows if Haley even said this, as it seemed Bowe and him seemed pretty close at the end of the game. NO ONE HERE knows shit about what is going on behind closed doors with this team, they have went silent with everyone, including media, for some on here to act like they know what he is and is not doing is fucking hilarious.

Grow a fuckin set and give the man a chance to do his fucking job. JFC Herm has turned the whole team and half the fan base into pussies.

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2009, 05:36 PM
So..............
If nobody cares about the Chiefs, why print anything?

Therein lies the point.

If it's untrue, why print it? Why fabricate something about a team that's 3-19 in the last 22 games?

Have you ever visited ProFootballTalk.com?

Do you think that falsifying quotes is commonplace among sports reporters, especially those that just happen to be lawyers?

CaliforniaChief
10-19-2009, 05:36 PM

It's all a fabrication?

I find it quite hilarious that anytime a Chiefs fan reads something they don't like, whether it be Florio or Prisco or Whitlock, it's immediately labeled a "fabrication".

Awesome.

LMAO

Conversely, when anything negative is printed about the Chiefs, those prone to negativity tend to immediately label it "truthful" or at least say that there has to be something to it.

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Grow a fuckin set and give the man a chance to do his fucking job. JFC Herm has turned the whole team and half the fan base into pussies.

If the fan base weren't such pussies, the Chiefs would be 19-3 in their last 22 games, instead of 3-19.

Fucking pussy-assed Chiefs fans!

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Conversely, when anything negative is printed about the Chiefs, those prone to negativity tend to immediately label it "truthful" or at least say that there has to be something to it.

Huh?

So, sports reporting is objective now? It depends on the POV of the reader?

When did this happen?

CaliforniaChief
10-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Therein lies the point.

If it's untrue, why print it? Why fabricate something about a team that's 3-19 in the last 21 games?

Have you ever visited ProFootballTalk.com?

Do you think that falsifying quotes is commonplace among sports reporters, especially those that just happen to be lawyers?

Dane what I'm saying is this:

1. That it's easy to hide behind a "league source." It could be a jilted player, chatty Cathy, or anyone.

2. What is heard or understood to be heard could be completely out of context or misunderstood. It's like discerning someone's mood from an e-mail.

smittysbar
10-19-2009, 05:39 PM
If the fan base weren't such pussies, the Chiefs would be 19-3 in their last 22 games, instead of 3-19.

Fucking pussy-assed Chiefs fans!

Riiiiight :rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Dane what I'm saying is this:

1. That it's easy to hide behind a "league source." It could be a jilted player, chatty Cathy, or anyone.

2. What is heard or understood to be heard could be completely out of context or misunderstood. It's like discerning someone's mood from an e-mail.

So basically, unless I'm on the sidelines or in a room with said participants, it's highly possible that it's a fabrication, right?

Only first-hand knowledge is to be trusted?

Tiger's Fan
10-19-2009, 05:40 PM

It's all a fabrication?

Awesome.

LMAO

This is just another example of someone with an agenda against the new regime posting a "rumor" because it fits into their perception on the head coach, to stir up unfounded shit. Just another day on the planet.

I notice you didn't address the fact that Florio published the news that Terry fucking Bradshaw was dead!!!!1111!!!!

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Riiiiight :rolleyes:

It was a joke, Dude.

You're the one that accused Chiefs fans of being pussies.

FAX
10-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Bowe never gets the opportunity to make a play "special" if Cassel is killed by the man Goff was supposed to block.

And in all honesty, Mr. FAX, Haley's not in this alone - he has position coaches to assist as well. At least they should be.

I'm not disputing either of those points, Mr. OnTheWarpath58. As you may know, I'm one of those who believe you build a dominant offense from the "inside-out". In other words, line first.

Still, I think it might make sense to some coaches (whoever they may be) to focus their attention primarily on the "difference-makers" ... the impact guys ... the guys who actually touch the football ... as opposed to the other players. I mean this in terms of development. When a pass is called, Goff has to keep his man away from the quarterback. That's his job. Nothing more, nothing less. Of course, he has to know the play, coordinate with the other linemen, use proper technique, etc. But Bowe, on the other hand, can turn the 8-yard slant into an 80 yard touchdown. Given the fact that Goff does basically the exact, same thing whether we make 8 yards or 80, which guy deserves the most attention - purely from the standpoint of time spent?

FAX

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2009, 05:42 PM
This is just another example of someone with an agenda against the new regime posting a "rumor" because it fits into their perception on the head coach, to stir up unfounded shit. Just another day on the planet.

So, you think that Florio did this to stir up the Chiefs fan base? I mean, that's the only reason, right? It couldn't possibly be true?

I notice you didn't address the fact that Florio published the news that Terry fucking Bradshaw was dead!!!!1111!!!!

I have no knowledge of that incident but falsely reported deaths aren't a new phenomenon.

Tiger's Fan
10-19-2009, 05:46 PM
So, you think that Florio did this to stir up the Chiefs fan base? I mean, that's the only reason, right? It couldn't possibly be true?

I have no knowledge of that incident but falsely reported deaths aren't a new phenomenon.

Then basically you're talking out of your ass again. Anyone with any knowledge of Florio, or his site, knows all about this. It's called the rumor mill for a reason. Being a habitual liar doesn't do much for how you're percieved on this board.

OnTheWarpath58
10-19-2009, 05:47 PM

Agenda my ass.

I've said countless times that Haley wouldn't have been my choice, but that he's growing on me.

And I'm amazed how many news organizations have been accused of spreading rumors by some of you.

Don't like it?

Rumor.

NBC Sports isn't some backwoods, WPI wannabe, FFS.

To think that they would let Mike Florio, or anyone else on their staff print a lie under their flag is worthy of a big-ass tinfoil hat.

Journalism 101: Stories don't go to print without being confirmed by multiple sources.

Bill Lundberg
10-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Agenda my ass.

I've said countless times that Haley wouldn't have been my choice, but that he's growing on me.

And I'm amazed how many news organizations have been accused of spreading rumors by some of you.

Don't like it?

Rumor.

To think that they would let Mike Florio, or anyone else on their staff print a lie under their flag is worthy of a big-ass tinfoil hat.

Journalism 101: Stories don't go to print without being confirmed by multiple sources.

Yet they have a direct link on their website labeled "Latest News and RUMORS"

and another section labeled "RUMORS ONLY"

Tiger's Fan
Agenda my ass.

Don't like it?

Rumor.

Apparently you're not much of a ProFootballTalk reader.

Retraction is standard practice on that site.

He REALLY printed that Terry Bradshaw was dead.

And yes, you certainly have an agenda concerning Haley, along with your buddies.

DaneMcCloud
Then basically you're talking out of your ass again. Anyone with any knowledge of Florio, or his site, knows all about this. It's called the rumor mill for a reason. Being a habitual liar doesn't do much for how you're percieved on this board.

LMAO

Let's put it this way, "Buster": People perceive me just fine.

And never in my life have I ever been called a liar.

Except by you.

And with nothing to back it up.

I'll tell you what: Why don't I start calling you a pedophile? I'll begin referring to you as a pedophile in each and every post until you can somehow "prove" that I've ever "lied" about anything on this site.

Deal, Pedophile?

philfree
10-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Uh, our offensive line DID NOT get "mauled" last year once they switched to the spread, which is when Smith joined the lineup.

Furthermore, yes I watched him at Miami as a matter of fact.

I don't think you understand or are watching line play, Phil. Smith at left tackle has had an extremely difficult job because he's been up against the opposing team's best pass rusher. He's done a commendable job in two games, especially considering he hasn't played the position in years.

:shake:

Yes he has. Our line still sucked when Thigpen was running for his life while running the spread though. It was terrible and a really terrible in the 2nd half of games. What's your point anyway? Haley sucks? Haley's gonna lose the team because he's up Bowes ass more then the others? Bowe fd up and Haley said something like "If that's all your gonna do I might as well trade your ass to Tenn." Big deal. If Haley says Wade Smith is now the starter I'm good with that and if he puts him back to backup across the line I'm good with that too. Personally I think Haley holds everybody accountable and I don't see a problem.

MahiMike
10-19-2009, 05:53 PM
I'm calling bullshit on this.

OnTheWarpath58
10-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Apparently you're not much of a ProFootballTalk reader.

Retraction is standard practice on that site.

He REALLY printed that Terry Bradshaw was dead.

And yes, you certainly have an agenda concerning Haley, along with your buddies.

Looks like someone else went to the "JASONSAUTO School of Mind-reading."

Odd agenda, seeing as how I praise him when I think he does a good job, and criticize him when I think he doesn't.

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Yes he has. Our line still sucked when Thigpen was running for his life while running the spread though. It was terrible and a really terrible in the 2nd half of games.

Then you were watching different games that I was, especially considering the close games that occurred after switching to the spread.

What's your point anyway? Haley sucks? Haley's gonna lose the team because he's up Bowes ass more then the others? Bowe fd up and Haley said something like "If that's all your gonna do I might as well trade your ass to Tenn." Big deal. If Haley says Wade Smith is now the starter I'm good with that and if he puts him back to backup across the line I'm good with that too. Personally I think Haley holds everybody accountable and I don't see a problem.

My point? I didn't claim anything about this incident, one way or another.

I haven't made a point. But in all honestly, I really don't give a shit, one way or the other.

But I do think it's funny to see people get all riled up over something said in the middle of a football game.

BWillie
10-19-2009, 05:57 PM
I doubt he told that to Bowe when he was the first to shake Haley's hand after he was doused w/ Gatorade.

I don't see how this would be motivation for Bowe anyway. To get threatened to be traded from a team that will likely win 2-3 games this year. I think Bowe would be happy if anything.

Reerun_KC
10-19-2009, 05:58 PM
This is one of the strangest arguements I have even seen on CP...

Bill Lundberg
10-19-2009, 05:58 PM
I haven't read through this entire thread so my apologies if it's been mentioned already. Anyway, I read a post earlier about Haley saying to Bowe, "Don't let me break you". Anyone wonder if maybe some lip reader took this the wrong way and turned that into "Don't make me trade you"? Or visa versa

philfree
10-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Then you were watching different games that I was, especially considering the close games that occurred after switching to the spread.

My point? I didn't claim anything about this incident, one way or another.

I haven't made a point. But in all honestly, I really don't give a shit, one way or the other.

But I do think it's funny to see people get all riled up over something said in the middle of a football game.

Oh! So we agree.:clap:

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-19-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm sure alot of things get said in the heat of the moment during the game. Haley is an emotional guy, so I wouldn't be surprised if he said it and if he did I really don't give a shit.

OnTheWarpath58
10-19-2009, 06:02 PM
I haven't read through this entire thread so my apologies if it's been mentioned already. Anyway, I read a post earlier about Haley saying to Bowe, "Don't let me break you". Anyone wonder if maybe some lip reader took this the wrong way and turned that into "Don't make me trade you"? Or visa versa

That was the week before. Cowboys game.

Tiger's Fan
10-19-2009, 06:04 PM
Looks like someone else went to the "JASONSAUTO School of Mind-reading."

Odd agenda, seeing as how I praise him when I think he does a good job, and criticize him when I think he doesn't.

95% of your words speak louder than 5% of them. Theres a reason why you're always affiliated with the drafturbators, and they collectively disapprove of Haley, Pioli, and Cassel. You're far from being perceived as fair and balanced.

chiefzilla1501
10-19-2009, 06:05 PM
I don't have a problem with him tearing into Bowe. He deserves it.

What I'm starting to have a problem with is that it seems like he's tearing into Herm Edwards' guys a lot harder than the guys he brought in. DJ and LJ are playing a hell of a lot better than guys like Goff and Mike Brown. For some reason, he doesn't seem to hold his own guys to the same standard.

I understand wanting to change the culture. I just don't understand why he seems to refuse to work with a lot of the guys from the previous regime.

doomy3
10-19-2009, 06:08 PM
This should be an easy question since everyone here is glad that Haley is doing this because Bowe is responding so well to it:

What is Dwayne Bowe doing better than he did last year?

We can take this a step further.

Since we are focusing on the elite players, what are other elite talents such as Branden Albert or Matt Cassel doing better than they did last year?

Clearly Dorsey is improving and I would say our other elite talent, Flowers, is playing about as well as he played last year.

We should be seeing improvements from these young, talented players that Haley is spending so much time coaching and yelling at, so what are Albert, Bowe and Cassel better at right now than they were a year ago?