PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Mock draft: SN projects 2010's top NFL picks 10/21/09

Tribal Warfare
10-21-2009, 06:14 PM
Mock draft: SN projects 2010's top NFL picks (http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-10-21/mock-draft-sn-projects-2010s-top-nfl-picks)
War Room Scouts

Wednesday, Oct. 21, 2009 - 12:55 p.m. ET

That talk of the week is the 2010 draft class has the potential to the best ever, given the large number of underclassmen who are considering putting their names in the hat. Even Sporting News' War Room Scouts project the top three picks to be elite underclassmen. And the Scouts' latest mock draft has potential players for the first round ready for your examination.

Here's a look at the first 16 picks in the NFL draft, as projected by Sporting News' War Room Scouts. Draft order is as of the end of Week 7 (* -- underclassman):

1. Tennessee Titans: Gerald McCoy*, DT, Oklahoma
After losing Albert Haynesworth in free agency, the Titans defense has been inconsistent in 2009 and McCoy gives them an explosive and powerful interior force.

2. St. Louis Rams: Sam Bradford*, QB, Oklahoma
If Bradford's shoulder does not have any major structural damage, the Rams will grab him to re-build their team around. While Marc Bulger may have some productive seasons left as a starter, they will likely be in another city.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Dez Bryant*, WR, Oklahoma State
Receiver Antonio Bryant will be eligible for free agency again this off-season and even if they franchise him again, they need to find a young receiver who can be the No. 1 wideout, and Bryant can definitely do that.

4. Kansas City Chiefs: Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
Branden Albert has not developed into a top offensive tackle yet, so they grab Okung to take over at right tackle now. If Albert doesn't step up in 2010 then Okung will become their LT of the future.

5. Cleveland Browns: Joe Haden*, CB, Florida
The Browns secondary needs a top-level cornerback to help their defense take the next step and Haden is a gifted player with natural play-making ability.

6. Detroit Lions: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
The Lions upgraded their offense in the 2009 draft, so now they begin their defensive upgrade by grabbing Suh, a productive DT at Nebraska.

7. Seattle Seahawks: Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
Walter Jones is nearing the end of a great career, so the Seahawks grab Williams who should be able to start at left tackle in 2010 if Jones calls it a career before next season.

8. Buffalo Bills: Bryan Bulaga*, OT, Iowa
The Bills have no established tackles to man the left side at a high level, and Bulaga is considered an elite OT prospect with the size and athleticism to be a very good pass blocker from day one.

9. Washington Redskins: Tim Tebow, QB, Florida
Once again Dan Snyder will find a way to screw up the Redskins and drafting Tebow will do that and get the Skins a ton of publicity, which Snyder loves.

10. Oakland Raiders: Eric Berry*, S, Tennessee
The Raiders have struggled to get consistent play from their safeties in recent seasons and Berry is regarded as a super athletic and versatile defender.

11. San Diego Chargers: C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
The Chargers' rushing attack has struggled as LaDainian Tomlinson has started to slow down, so San Diego jumps at the chance to grab Spiller. He has the explosiveness and top end speed to change games.

12. Miami Dolphins: Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida
Channing Crowder is due to be a free agent soon and Akin Ayodele is not a top-level linebacker. Spikes fits in here. He has the talent and intangibles to be an impact, play-making inside LB in the Dolphins' scheme.

13. San Francisco 49ers: Thaddeus Gibson, DE, Ohio State
(From Carolina) Manny Lawson has struggled to become a consistent pass rusher and Gibson has the explosive athleticism and pass-rush skills to be an impact edge rusher in the 49ers' scheme.

14. Jacksonville Jaguars: Arrelious Benn*, WR, Illinois
The Jaguars need some offensive weapons and while Mike Sims-Walker is a good player, Benn gives them a very big and strong receiver who can give David Garrard that big-play weapon.

15. Houston Texans: Mike Iupati, G, Idaho
The Texans running game has been a disappointment in 2009 and they need to upgrade their interior offensive line, so they grab the super tough and aggressive Iupati. He should immediately claim a starting job.

16. New York Jets: Arthur Jones, DT, Syracuse
The Jets defensive line needs an infusion of youth and Jones, who played defensive tackle at Syracuse, would be a very good fit at DE in New York's defensive scheme.

Brock
10-21-2009, 06:15 PM
That is horrible.

chiefs1111
10-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Another terrible mock from Sporting News.

Saccopoo
10-21-2009, 06:17 PM
That is horrible.

If by horrible you mean that it makes perfect sense, then yes, it's horrible.

Brock
10-21-2009, 06:18 PM
If by horrible you mean that it makes perfect sense, then yes, it's horrible.

By horrible, I mean fucking stupid.

SDChiefs
10-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Drafting a RT at #4 for fear your LT is not going to work out. Right. Makes sense. Then if Albert does, we have a 60 Million dollar RT who will bolt when his first contract is up because he wants to play LT. Might as well draft a QB in the event Cassel fails. Its not like we have holes to fill or anything. If we did we would be drafting in the top 5. Errr, wait.

ChiefMojo
10-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Okung would be a great player to get if we traded back around 10 or so, but even then to pay a RT that type of money is a stretch. To take him in the top 5 would be CRAZY, no matter how bad our line is. Much rather trade back and get a elite Safety.

Brock
10-21-2009, 06:29 PM
Passing on Eric Berry to take a tackle is shoot yourself in the face material.

CrazyPhuD
10-21-2009, 06:34 PM
Those who can coach\scout...those who can't report....

ChiefMojo
10-21-2009, 06:36 PM
Highlight of Eric Berry...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIfRBFALl2E

ChiefMojo
10-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Taylor Mays highlights....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJU64wUPxEA

Saccopoo
10-21-2009, 06:39 PM
Okung would be a great player to get if we traded back around 10 or so, but even then to pay a RT that type of money is a stretch. To take him in the top 5 would be CRAZY, no matter how bad our line is. Much rather trade back and get a elite Safety.

Okung is the only elite level LT in this draft. He is not a RT. Guys like Williams, Beadles and Black are current college LT's that would project over to RT in the pros. Okung would allow Albert to slide inside to LG (where I think he could be a dominant, Pro Bowl level guy) and solidify the Chiefs offensive line for the next ten years. It's basically a two for one upgrade in terms of the Chiefs offensive line if they would select Okung.

Pick up Beadles or Black with one of our seconds and C's Tenant/Estes with the third/fourth rounder and you've just put together what potentially could be a dominant offensive line.

And you can still get a playmaker like S Stuckey, OLB Norwood, WR Benn, OLB Selvie, ILB McCain, etc. with the other 2nd.

Brock
10-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Thanks, already got a tackle. Pioli overvalues some positions, but tackle isn't one of them.

ChiefMojo
10-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Okung plays RT... sure he could be a good LT, but he plays RT RIGHT NOW! We have a good LT in Albert. I mean for gosh sakes this is his 2nd year and it isn't like he is bad or anything at LT.

Saccopoo
10-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Drafting a RT at #4 for fear your LT is not going to work out. Right. Makes sense. Then if Albert does, we have a 60 Million dollar RT who will bolt when his first contract is up because he wants to play LT. Might as well draft a QB in the event Cassel fails. Its not like we have holes to fill or anything. If we did we would be drafting in the top 5. Errr, wait.

Albert mentioned before this last draft that he would be happy to slide over to another line position if they drafted his LT buddy out of Virginia, Eugene Monroe. Seeing how the season has played out, that might not have been a bad way to go actually.

ChiefMojo
10-21-2009, 06:46 PM
He said that because he wanted his buddy on the team.

Mr. Laz
10-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Okung plays RT... sure he could be a good LT, but he plays RT RIGHT NOW! We have a good LT in Albert. I mean for gosh sakes this is his 2nd year and it isn't like he is bad or anything at LT.
Albert is reaching bad pretty quickly this year.

have you watched him whiff this year? Seems like every game he has a "WTF" moment where he almost gets Cassel kills. I mean where he barely even touches his defender.

i hope he turns it around but ... dayum. :shake:

GoHuge
10-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Albert is reaching bad pretty quickly this year.

have you watched him whiff this year? Seems like every game he has a "WTF" moment where he almost gets Cassel kills. I mean where he barely even touches his defender.

i hope he turns it around but ... dayum. :shake:The people that say well it's only his second year don't seem to understand. I've seen the exact things you have along with alot of holds between him and Waters. The good LT's are lockdown from the get go like Albert seemed to be pretty close to last year. You look at Joe Thomas, Jake Long and the likes and there isn't an adjustment period. Hopefully Albert gets it together. I don't know what his problem is this year but he's making me nervous about his future of being the franchise guy we all hoped he would be.

Infidel Goat
10-21-2009, 07:30 PM
I laughed when I saw the Raiders not drafting until the 10th spot.

Right.

Reaper16
10-21-2009, 07:31 PM
The people that say well it's only his second year don't seem to understand. I've seen the exact things you have along with alot of holds between him and Waters. The good LT's are lockdown from the get go like Albert seemed to be pretty close to last year. You look at Joe Thomas, Jake Long and the likes and there isn't an adjustment period. Hopefully Albert gets it together. I don't know what his problem is this year but he's making me nervous about his future of being the franchise guy we all hoped he would be.
You haven't watched Thomas and Long, then.

KCChiefsMan
10-21-2009, 07:41 PM
that's a garbage mock

Kyle DeLexus
10-21-2009, 07:48 PM
I think you have to give Albert a few years. He played well last year and is just now working on his technique at LT. If he hasn't improved in a couple years thats when you decide if you want to slide him inside.....or you do it last year when the draft was loaded with Oline talent. This year will have some pretty good RT's but I really don't see a truly elite LT...even Okung.

This draft is heavy on Defense so that is where we need to focus in the first, IMO. I wouldn't complain at all if they address the oline anywhere in the 2+ but that #1 needs to be a playmaker....everyone complained because there wasn't elite talent at the top of the draft last year, that isn't the case this year so lets take advantage of our draft position.

Tribal Warfare
10-21-2009, 07:50 PM
I think you have to give Albert a few years.

He has one more year to develop his game which is the one he'll be heavily scrutinized

milkman
10-21-2009, 07:53 PM
You haven't watched Thomas and Long, then.

I read it on the planet, so it must be so.

KcFanInGA
10-21-2009, 08:40 PM
I don't know where we will end up picking, but I can tell you that to pass on a player like Berry would be outright stupid. Look at the instincts on display in the highlight video....let him run back punts too and get Wade out of there.

Mecca
10-21-2009, 08:53 PM
So Tim Tebow and Mike Iupati are getting drafted in the top 16 and Taylor Mays isn't? Right...

The Sporting News proves once again why they are an awful draft publication.

shitgoose
10-21-2009, 08:57 PM
No way Bradford goes #2

HolmeZz
10-21-2009, 08:59 PM
LOL @ a guard from Idaho going before Taylor Mays.

Mecca
10-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Sam Bradford shouldn't even come out now, he destroyed his draft stock, now he has to go back and try to recover it.

Reaper16
10-21-2009, 09:02 PM
So Tim Tebow and Mike Iupati are getting drafted in the top 16 and Taylor Mays isn't? Right...

The Sporting News proves once again why they are an awful draft publication.
The worst that I've ever seen. I still cringe thinking about their draft guide from a few years ago that had the Chiefs taking an Oregon State CB in the first round that actually ended up not getting drafted at all.

HolmeZz
10-21-2009, 09:03 PM
The worst that I've ever seen. I still cringe thinking about their draft guide from a few years ago that had the Chiefs taking an Oregon State CB in the first round that actually ended up not getting drafted at all.

Where have you gone, Brandon Browner?

Mecca
10-21-2009, 09:03 PM
Brandon Browner.

ChiefsCountry
10-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Brandon Browner is a stud in the CFL. I'm suprised he hasn't got a look in the NFL.

Mecca
10-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Adarius Bowman still hasn't gotten an NFL look...funny how smoking some weed can ruin your career.

Reaper16
10-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Adarius Bowman still hasn't gotten an NFL look...funny how smoking some weed can ruin your career.
Its insanely hypocritical.

Mecca
10-21-2009, 09:12 PM
"We can't sign Bowman we care about character in this league......signs Michael Vick"

ChiefsCountry
10-21-2009, 09:12 PM

He is another one. I think I could make a pretty decent team out of some NFL rejects.

chiefzilla1501
10-21-2009, 09:14 PM
Okung is the only elite level LT in this draft. He is not a RT. Guys like Williams, Beadles and Black are current college LT's that would project over to RT in the pros. Okung would allow Albert to slide inside to LG (where I think he could be a dominant, Pro Bowl level guy) and solidify the Chiefs offensive line for the next ten years. It's basically a two for one upgrade in terms of the Chiefs offensive line if they would select Okung.

Pick up Beadles or Black with one of our seconds and C's Tenant/Estes with the third/fourth rounder and you've just put together what potentially could be a dominant offensive line.

And you can still get a playmaker like S Stuckey, OLB Norwood, WR Benn, OLB Selvie, ILB McCain, etc. with the other 2nd.

I love how people see o-line issues so they immediately think that getting a LT will solve everything.

If the Chiefs bring in the top Center and Guard on the board, the o-line improves markedly. And you can do that in the 2nd and 3rd round.

If the Chiefs pass on a playmaker in a panic move to get an OL, then fuck. And I've been one of Pioli's bigest critics for not wanting o-line help.

shitgoose
10-21-2009, 09:14 PM
Here is another Mock updated yesterday. I don't like the Chiefs pick but it certainly seems more logical than the Sporting News Mock.

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/

1 TITANS S *Eric Berry Tennessee
2 RAMS DT *Gerald McCoy Oklahoma
3 BUCCANEERS DT Ndamukong Suh Nebraska
4 CHIEFS WR *Dez Bryant Oklahoma St
5 BROWNS S Taylor Mays USC
6 LIONS OT Russell Okung Oklahoma St
7 SEAHAWKS OT Trent Williams Oklahoma
8 BILLS LB Sergio Kindle Texas
9 CHARGERS DE *Carlos Dunlap Florida
10 DOLPHINS WR *Arrelious Benn Illinois
11 REDSKINS QB *Sam Bradford Oklahoma
12 RAIDERS QB *Jake Locker Washington
13 49ERS LB Sean Weatherspoon Missouri
14 JAGUARS RB *Jahvid Best California
15 TEXANS DT Terrence Cody Alabama
16 CARDINALS CB *Joe Haden Florida
17 49ERS QB Colt McCoy Texas
18 PACKERS DE Greg Hardy Mississippi
19 JETS TE Jermaine Gresham Oklahoma
20 BRONCOS LB Brandon Spikes Florida
21 COWBOYS DT Arthur Jones Syracuse
22 EAGLES WR Brandon LaFell LSU
23 RAVENS CB Patrick Robinson Florida St
24 STEELERS LB Eric Norwood South Carolina
25 BENGALS RB CJ Spiller Clemson
26 PATRIOTS DE Brandon Graham Michigan
27 FALCONS OG *Brian Bulaga Iowa
28 SAINTS DE Corey Wootton Northwestern
29 COLTS LB Jerry Hughes TCU
30 GIANTS CB Trevard Lindley Kentucky
31 VIKINGS RB *Jonathan Dwyer Georgia Tech
32 SEAHAWKS QB *Jevan Snead Mississippi

Saul Good
10-21-2009, 09:15 PM
So 6 of the first 7 picks are going to be from the Big XII, and the first 4 are all going to come from Oklahoma teams? 5 of the first 7 players picked are going to be from Oklahoma teams? The first SEC player drafted is going to be Tim Tebow?

Sounds right.

Mecca
10-21-2009, 09:16 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Dez Bryant...it'll take him atleast a season to adapt because he's coming from a spread offense.

That's why Okung being projected so high is ridiculous, he's a spread OT, he will have to learn how to play his position again.

Mecca
10-21-2009, 09:17 PM
So 6 of the first 7 picks are going to be from the Big XII, and the first 4 are all going to come from Oklahoma teams? 5 of the first 7 players picked are going to be from Oklahoma teams? The first SEC player drafted is going to be Tim Tebow?

Sounds right.

Joe Haden is actually the first SEC player getting picked.

ChiefsCountry
10-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Here is another Mock updated yesterday. I don't like the Chiefs pick but it certainly seems more logical than the Sporting News Mock.

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/

1 TITANS S *Eric Berry Tennessee
2 RAMS DT *Gerald McCoy Oklahoma
3 BUCCANEERS DT Ndamukong Suh Nebraska
4 CHIEFS WR *Dez Bryant Oklahoma St
5 BROWNS S Taylor Mays USC
6 LIONS OT Russell Okung Oklahoma St
7 SEAHAWKS OT Trent Williams Oklahoma
8 BILLS LB Sergio Kindle Texas
9 CHARGERS DE *Carlos Dunlap Florida
10 DOLPHINS WR *Arrelious Benn Illinois
11 REDSKINS QB *Sam Bradford Oklahoma
12 RAIDERS QB *Jake Locker Washington
13 49ERS LB Sean Weatherspoon Missouri
14 JAGUARS RB *Jahvid Best California
15 TEXANS DT Terrence Cody Alabama
16 CARDINALS CB *Joe Haden Florida
17 49ERS QB Colt McCoy Texas
18 PACKERS DE Greg Hardy Mississippi
19 JETS TE Jermaine Gresham Oklahoma
20 BRONCOS LB Brandon Spikes Florida
21 COWBOYS DT Arthur Jones Syracuse
22 EAGLES WR Brandon LaFell LSU
23 RAVENS CB Patrick Robinson Florida St
24 STEELERS LB Eric Norwood South Carolina
25 BENGALS RB CJ Spiller Clemson
26 PATRIOTS DE Brandon Graham Michigan
27 FALCONS OG *Brian Bulaga Iowa
28 SAINTS DE Corey Wootton Northwestern
29 COLTS LB Jerry Hughes TCU
30 GIANTS CB Trevard Lindley Kentucky
31 VIKINGS RB *Jonathan Dwyer Georgia Tech
32 SEAHAWKS QB *Jevan Snead Mississippi

They have the Broncos winning the Super Bowl.

ChiefMojo
10-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Again my question is why are we even talking about Okung when he is a RT? Where we are slotted to pick or heck even trade down, Okung is a reach for paying someone LT money to be a RT. If some of your are so down on Albert at LT, then look at someone other than Okung... again he is NOT a LT and DOESN'T play on the left side. At least Albert played on the left side so his steps weren't altered. It would take Okung a couple of years to be a good LT if that off of technique alone.

I don't mind Dez Bryant, but again we would be selecting a #1 WR when we already have one. We probably should be focusing on a WR that has very good to great speed and has great all-around return abilities. If we are going BIG XII WR's, I'd much rather go with Shipley and Briscoe over Bryant. We can at least get those guys in round 2-3 range.

With all that being said, again it would be asinine to pass either Berry or Mays... they are the best players available that are needs for this team.

seaofred
10-21-2009, 10:08 PM
You guys are funny... Everyone bitches about our oline, and we have a mock showing us taking the best olinemen it the draft and you gripe about that... I don't understand.

Reaper16
10-21-2009, 10:13 PM
You guys are funny... Everyone bitches about our oline, and we have a mock showing us taking the best olinemen it the draft and you gripe about that... I don't understand.
There are a few things to consider regarding this.

1.) Drafting a RT in the top 5 is unprecedented. Because it would be really dumb.

2.) If you draft him as a LT despite already having an LT then you're still paying two of your linemen LT money.

3.) Maybe Okung isn't a prospect worthy of a top 5 pick, even as a LT.

Kyle DeLexus
10-21-2009, 10:15 PM

1.) Drafting a RT in the top 5 is unprecedented. Because it would be really dumb.

2.) If you draft him as a LT despite already having an LT then you're still paying two of your linemen LT money.

All the above this.

salame
10-21-2009, 10:36 PM
wow were these dicks throwing darts?

Chiefnj2
10-21-2009, 10:39 PM

Except the Cards took Levi Brown at #5, so it wouldn't be unprecedented. Those advocating him don't believe in Albert.

Reaper16
10-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Except the Cards took Levi Brown at #5, so it wouldn't be unprecedented. Those advocating him don't believe in Albert.
Yeah, but Levi Brown was going to be protecting Matt Leinart's blind side (Matt throws with his left arm), so that is a special circumstance.

Mecca
10-21-2009, 10:42 PM

It's really not that difficult to understand, it's been explained a million times.

salame
10-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Gerald McCoy is NOT better than Suh

Chocolate Hog
10-21-2009, 10:44 PM
haha mock drafts in October are pretty pointless

Reaper16
10-21-2009, 10:45 PM
haha mock drafts in October are pretty pointless
Mocks this early aren't meant to be predictive so much as discussion-generating.

DeezNutz
10-21-2009, 10:46 PM
I'll probably have to pass (loaorllalazz) on the Oklahoma State WR.

chiefs1111

This team needs playmakers in the worst way. Yes they also need offensive linemen as well. However, you can always get plenty of good linemen later in the draft. Also taking a RT in the top 5 is not a good idea. If Mays or Berry are sitting there when they pick,they would be wise too take one of them.

Chocolate Hog
Mocks this early aren't meant to be predictive so much as discussion-generating.

Yea but come on man if someone says the Chiefs should pick someone besides Eric Berry or Taylor Mays everyone will flip. It's almost not even worth having a disucssion over.

Mecca
10-21-2009, 10:47 PM
Mocks are down this early to try to show casual fan who the top prospects are...unfortunately the sporting news sucks even at that.

Chocolate Hog
10-21-2009, 10:49 PM
Mocks are down this early to try to show casual fan who the top prospects are...unfortunately the sporting news sucks even at that.

Yup I didn't even see Mays or Cody on this list. Fuck it I want to draft the coverage linebacker and make him a 3-4 OLB.

Chiefnj2
10-21-2009, 10:51 PM
In hindsight would you rather have an all pro RT, Dorsey or Jackson?

DeezNutz
10-21-2009, 10:53 PM

The RT over Jackson but not before Dorsey.

Chocolate Hog
10-21-2009, 10:55 PM
San Fransico will be in the market for a QB. Trade the 1st and a 2nd to San Fransico for its first round picks. Draft Benn & Cody

Reaper16
10-21-2009, 10:55 PM

of those three I would definitely want Dorsey.

I wouldn't want that all-pro RT to have been a 1st round pick made by the Chiefs.

Mecca
10-21-2009, 10:56 PM
Why would SF make that trade? There isn't an elite QB in the draft...

DeezNutz
10-21-2009, 10:56 PM
San Fransico will be in the market for a QB. Trade the 1st and a 2nd to San Fransico for its first round picks. Draft Benn & Cody

TVs destroyed all around the DeezNutz' household...

salame
10-21-2009, 10:57 PM
Benn will be there in the 2nd round

Chocolate Hog
10-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Why would SF make that trade? There isn't an elite QB in the draft...

You seen who the niners draft?

Chocolate Hog
10-21-2009, 10:58 PM
TVs destroyed all around the DeezNutz' household...

Whats wrong with those players? Because there not Eric Berry?

DeezNutz
10-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Whats wrong with those players? Because there not Eric Berry?

Just not crazy about Benn. Too inconsistent, IMO.

And Cody is just someone whom I'm also not sold on, but he's exactly whom I believe Pioli will select with our top 3 pick.

Chocolate Hog
10-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Benn puts up pretty good #s for having a shitty QB though. It'd also be funny since people say the Chiefs need a play maker they draft Joe Harden.

Mecca
10-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Benn has done nothing for his stock, he's still solidly behind Bryant and Williams.

ChiefsCountry
10-21-2009, 11:05 PM

Who is an actual All-Pro RT?

Chocolate Hog
10-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Benn has done nothing for his stock, he's still solidly behind Bryant and Williams.

Williams from Usc? Homer!

Micjones
10-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Walter Football has a 3-Round Mock that looks like this:
#1 OT, Russell Okung
#2a NT, Terrence Cody
#2b RB, Evan Royster
#3 DE/OLB, Brandon Lang

TrickyNicky
10-21-2009, 11:19 PM
I'd rather have Golden Taint. And you could get him later than the first.

DeezNutz
10-21-2009, 11:20 PM

We already have Pioli; we don't have to expend a pick.

Saccopoo
10-21-2009, 11:45 PM

Eric Decker.

kcchiefsus
10-21-2009, 11:51 PM
Benn puts up pretty good #s for having a shitty QB though. It'd also be funny since people say the Chiefs need a play maker they draft Joe Harden.

Yeah, no more than 3 touchdowns in a single season (5 total and none this year) is "pretty good #s".

ILChief
10-22-2009, 05:47 AM
Walter Football has a 3-Round Mock that looks like this:
#1 OT, Russell Okung
#2a NT, Terrence Cody
#2b RB, Evan Royster
#3 DE/OLB, Brandon Lang

Print 'em. If we pulled that off, i'd be stoked.

PhillyChiefFan
10-22-2009, 06:26 AM
Eric Decker.

this.

The Bad Guy
10-22-2009, 07:39 AM
This Russell Okung stuff is out of control. If we could get Cody in the 2nd round, great.

But I'm staying far, far away from Okung in the first.

eazyb81
10-22-2009, 08:28 AM
It's funny how this board is so black or white when it comes to drafting an OT in the 1st. It has happened every single year I've been on this site.

Joe Staley was going to be terrible, Ryan Clady was going to be terrible, Jake Long was going to be terrible, and now Okung is the new choice that would just be mind-numbingly stupid.

I'm not saying we should draft Okung, but it certainly shouldn't be out of the question. Albert looks lost this season while Okung is getting Joe Thomas comps and has the size and technique you look for. No sure what some were saying earlier about Okung at RT, he has been on the left side since 2007. It doesn't matter if he plays in a spread, Jason Smith did too and he was drafted #2 overall. Also, if you haven't been paying attention, the NFL is moving to more of a pass-happy, wide open offense, KC in particular, so a tackle coming from a spread offense could be viewed as more beneficial than a ground it out scheme.

Eric Berry would be a beast and he is alone at the top of my list, but Okung is in my top five for us. Not a big fan of Dez Bryant in the top ten, would much rather take Benn or Decker in the early 2nd. Depending on what happens the rest of the year and at the combine, you could see a rush end like Everson Griffin, Brandon Graham, or Greg Hardy get some push as top ten picks. Griffin has played great lately and will tear up the combine if he comes out.

The Bad Guy
10-22-2009, 08:32 AM
It's funny how this board is so black or white when it comes to drafting an OT in the 1st. It has happened every single year I've been on this site.

Joe Staley was going to be terrible, Ryan Clady was going to be terrible, Jake Long was going to be terrible, and now Okung is the new choice that would just be mind-numbingly stupid.

I'm not saying we should draft Okung, but it certainly shouldn't be out of the question. Albert looks lost this season while Okung is getting Joe Thomas comps and has the size and technique you look for. No sure what some were saying earlier about Okung at RT, he has been on the left side since 2007. It doesn't matter if he plays in a spread, Jason Smith did too and he was drafted #2 overall. Also, if you haven't been paying attention, the NFL is moving to more of a pass-happy, wide open offense, KC in particular, so a tackle coming from a spread offense could be viewed as more beneficial than a ground it out scheme.

Eric Berry would be a beast and he is alone at the top of my list, but Okung is in my top five for us. Not a big fan of Dez Bryant in the top ten, would much rather take Benn or Decker in the early 2nd. Depending on what happens the rest of the year and at the combine, you could see a rush end like Everson Griffin, Brandon Graham, or Greg Hardy get some push as top ten picks. Griffin has played great lately and will tear up the combine if he comes out.

I have not heard one reference that compares Joe Thomas to Russell Okung. I've watched Okung and I don't think his technique is great. Plus, I think Albert is going to be fine in the long run.

eazyb81
10-22-2009, 08:34 AM
I have not heard one reference that compares Joe Thomas to Russell Okung. I've watched Okung and I don't think his technique is great. Plus, I think Albert is going to be fine in the long run.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010rokung.php

Player Comparison: Joe Thomas. Thomas and Okung have very similar frames with very good intangibles and the upside to dominate at the next level. Both had polished pass protection skills in college.

tyton75
10-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Have any of you SEEN our O-line... I would come very close to saying we draft all O-lineman after seeing the shit we are rolling out there right now

Dicky McElephant
10-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Have any of you SEEN our O-line... I would come very close to saying we draft all O-lineman after seeing the shit we are rolling out there right now

Because that ALWAYS happens.

You do realize that our entire team sucks and we have holes everywhere right?

Pioli fucked himself last year because last years draft was a great one for offensive linemen. He took one.....and a shitty one at that.

This year's draft is a defensive draft. Drafting all offensive linemen would be monumently stupid.

Mr. Laz
10-22-2009, 11:41 AM
can waters play center?

he started as a tightend and then moved to center ... then ended up at guard iirc.

his knowledge would be valuable for line calls at center

LT - Okung
LG - Albert
C - Waters
RG - ?
RT - ?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-22-2009, 11:45 AM
The next time Joe Thomas gets pushed into the quarterback repeatedly by a 20 year old who weighs 240 pounds, let me know.

keg in kc
10-22-2009, 11:47 AM
They have the Broncos winning the Super Bowl.So this is actually from The Onion.

Saccopoo
10-22-2009, 12:33 PM
can waters play center?

he started as a tightend and then moved to center ... then ended up at guard iirc.

his knowledge would be valuable for line calls at center

LT - Okung
LG - Albert
C - Waters
RG - ?
RT - ?

Waters can play center for the Bills.

LT: Okung
LG: Albert
C: O'Dowd
RG: ?
RT: Beadles

RustShack
10-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Waters isn't a C because he kept fumbling all the snaps.

Mr. Laz
10-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Waters isn't a C because he kept fumbling all the snaps.
i remember that now that you bring it up

probably another option gone then