PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Do you think Haley is treating DJ the way he should?

LaChapelle
10-22-2009, 12:33 PM
a poll

KCUnited
10-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Not enough info right now. DJ is soft and Haley is cryptic about why he's not playing, everything is an assumption right now.

ElGringo
10-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Not in practice to see what DJ is doing, and how Haley is reacting, but would love to see that.

doomy3
10-22-2009, 12:45 PM
There's not enough info to know.

However, one way or the other, he is not being used correctly. He either should be on the field or should have been traded. Instead, what will likely happen is Haley's point will be proven sometime over the next 10 weeks, and DJ will get more playing time only to walk after the season, making it all a waste.

LaChapelle
10-22-2009, 12:49 PM
We don't know if there were any offers.

Mr. Laz
10-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Not enough info right now. DJ is soft and Haley is cryptic about why he's not playing, everything is an assumption right now.
this ...

i realize this is supposed to be a bait poll to start a big fight and get all the drama going, but the reality is that we don't know. Apparently DJ is not doing what the coach wants him to do or he would be playing more.

now either you believe Haley has the right to decide who plays or you don't. If you don't then you should be starting a website called "FireToddHaley.com" otherwise just shut the fuck up and let the man do his job.

LaChapelle
10-22-2009, 12:52 PM
I thought option #3 took out any "baiting." :shrug:

Chiefnj2
10-22-2009, 01:00 PM
It's pretty obvious that DJ isn't in Haley's future plans. It doesn't really matter how he treats him.

The only problematic thing appears to be the fact that DJ says he doesn't really know why he's been benched. If he is soft, tell him he's soft. If he's out of position, tell him and have the positional coach try to fix it. Coach the kid up, don't just let him guess at the problems.

stevieray
10-22-2009, 01:05 PM
treating? treating?

you've got to be kidding?

Iowanian
10-22-2009, 01:09 PM
I think I'm not there every day. I don't know DJ, I don't know if he's studying, watching film...I don't know how hard he works in the weight room, I don't know how hard he works at conditioning and I don't know how he takes coaching and follows direction.

He might be a soft, fluffy puss who isn't listening. I don't know.

It's not like he's the difference in the Chiefs sucking and not sucking this year.

I said when CP and Herm left, I'd accept a shitty year to gut that fish and start over. I'm trying to live up to my end of the bargain, hoping they don't suck NEXT year.

Players come and players go.

Deberg_1990
10-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Yea, its too bad Haley isnt treating DJ with more respect, with all the rings that DJ has.....

Bearcat
10-22-2009, 01:13 PM
treating? treating?

you've got to be kidding?

It's funny how people complained about DV's touchy-feely style and Herm's media-love style, yet this place has become vagPlanet with Haley in charge.

Iowanian
10-22-2009, 01:16 PM
I've worked construction jobs for less than $12 where I guarandamnTEE the foreman was more harsh under worse conditions than DJ is being "forced" to tollerate for his million dollar contract.

penchief
10-22-2009, 01:18 PM
There's not enough info to know.

However, one way or the other, he is not being used correctly. He either should be on the field or should have been traded. Instead, what will likely happen is Haley's point will be proven sometime over the next 10 weeks, and DJ will get more playing time only to walk after the season, making it all a waste.

You keep referring to "Haley's point." What are you presuming Haley's point to be?

MichaelH
10-22-2009, 01:19 PM
I've worked construction jobs for less than $12 where I guarandamnTEE the foreman was more harsh under worse conditions than DJ is being "forced" to tollerate for his million dollar contract.

THIS.

Most of them are a bunch of WAY overpaid pussies.

Iowanian
10-22-2009, 01:22 PM
The difference was, when my foreman was yelling and upset, and yelling about elbows and a-holes and not wanting to see my face until noon, it wasn't an option to stand on the sidelines and watch someone else dig the rest of that muddy-clay backfilled hole and still get paid.

doomy3
10-22-2009, 01:32 PM
I think I'm not there every day. I don't know DJ, I don't know if he's studying, watching film...I don't know how hard he works in the weight room, I don't know how hard he works at conditioning and I don't know how he takes coaching and follows direction.

He might be a soft, fluffy puss who isn't listening. I don't know.

It's not like he's the difference in the Chiefs sucking and not sucking this year.

I said when CP and Herm left, I'd accept a shitty year to gut that fish and start over. I'm trying to live up to my end of the bargain, hoping they don't suck NEXT year.

Players come and players go.

I agree. So what's the point of keeping him at the trade deadline if he is just going to sit on the bench anyway. He had value, even if it was just a 4th or 5th round pick.

Pink Paradise 2010
10-22-2009, 02:27 PM
DJ needs to be in more. the defense is a lot more powerful with him in there :)

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
10-22-2009, 03:39 PM
I agree. So what's the point of keeping him at the trade deadline if he is just going to sit on the bench anyway. He had value, even if it was just a 4th or 5th round pick.

You're assuming anyone wanted to give up a pick for him.:shrug:

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2009, 03:54 PM
THIS.

Most of them are a bunch of WAY overpaid pussies.

So they're "WAY" overpaid, huh?

I assume you'd rather see that money go into the owner's pockets?

BossChief
10-22-2009, 05:56 PM
DJ needs to be in more. the defense is a lot more powerful with him in there :)

Im usually not rude, but...................

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Expect this again if you ever use "Chiefs defense" and "powerful" in the same phrase, this year anyway.

Heres my take, Haley has likely done his research on the individual player and realizes the methods previous coaches have used to "wake the sleeping giant" in DJ that is obviously there and that they have all failed. He decided that he likely has one year to do so, so his approach with the individual player has to be drastic to gain said results.

Haley also realizes that his approach of benching DJ also possibly sheds light on a player that otherwise would have never had a chance if DJ was given the starting job again.

Even though they are different styles of people and players, I liken the situation to how Dicky V handled LJ. He benched his first round pick because he didnt seem interested in doing things he was being asked to do.

...by the time LJ hit the field after the "diaper comment" he was motivated like never before and dominated and showed the quality of a first round pick.

What I hope to see by years end is Derrick Johnson coming to the sideline after a game sealing sack, or forced fumble and recovery, or pick six and go straight to Haley and bearhug him like Brandon Marshall did McD, and for him to go the media and proclaim how Haley saved his career and made him a better player, as other players have done after his coaching.

Im not holding my breath, but it would be a HUGE step forward!

GO CHIEFS!!!

Fritz88
10-22-2009, 06:13 PM
I think that's the way things should be done, but Haley is taking it a little bit further.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-22-2009, 06:16 PM

Honestly I'd rather take my chances that he pulls his head out of his ass rather than give up a 1st round pick that still has potential to do what you ask of him, for a 4th or 5th round crap shoot. JMO.

DaKernal
10-22-2009, 06:16 PM
If he can't get with it and do what he's being told to do, and is in fact lazy, then yes haley is doing the right thing

LaChapelle
10-22-2009, 06:17 PM
What I hope to see by years end is Derrick Johnson coming to the sideline after a game sealing sack, or forced fumble and recovery, or pick six and go straight to Haley and bearhug him like Brandon Marshall did McD, and for him to go the media and proclaim how Haley saved his career and made him a better player, as other players have done after his coaching.

Im not holding my breath, but it would be a HUGE step forward!

GO CHIEFS!!!

I kind of doubt Haley has a "roster couch" like they do in Denver.

BossChief
10-22-2009, 06:35 PM
I kind of doubt Haley has a "roster couch" like they do in Denver.

whats a "roster couch" ???

OctoberFart
10-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Haley just loves the way DJ takes on and blows up players that try to block him.

doomy3
10-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Honestly I'd rather take my chances that he pulls his head out of his ass rather than give up a 1st round pick that still has potential to do what you ask of him, for a 4th or 5th round crap shoot. JMO.

So, you think he's going to re-sign at the end of the year with us even though he's been benched, and according to him, doesn't really know why he's been benched?

Or are you saying that you hope we get a little bit of production out of him this year before he just walks for nothing in the offseason?

Marcellus
10-22-2009, 08:12 PM
So they're "WAY" overpaid, huh?

I assume you'd rather see that money go into the owner's pockets?

DJ has obviously been overpaid considering his performance since being drafted.

el borracho
10-22-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm not counting on DJ to do anything... at all... ever. He should be something by now if he was ever going to be. But he isn't, so I guess I don't care if he is playing or not. DJ joins the long list of disappointments we have selected in the last decade.

BossChief
10-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Haley just loves the way DJ takes on and blows up players that try to block him.

ding ding ding

without a dominant nt, you cant have MLBs that seem afraid of taking on and shedding blockers.

What am I talking about? Even with one you cant have that, but moreso without a dominant nose.