PDA

View Full Version : Football Going for 3 in a row.

ROYC75
10-22-2009, 09:00 PM
We ( the CHIEFS )are shooting for our 3rd straight County Championship this year. We got off to a good start, 5-0 when we tried to put an All Star team together for a practice game on 10/11/09. My grandson ( Jordan ) got a MCL level 3 sprain, he's out for the season. He got a guy blocked into his knee from the side, just the way it goes. We were playing the 3rd place team in the state from the previous year for practice during fall break. The problem is a lot of our better players were out of town and we only practiced for 3 days with a weaker team, while they have played and traveled all season . We wanted to gauge ourselves to see where we stand against some of the better talent within the state for our All Star team we pick at the end of the year for our 1st time playing in the state tournament. We lost 12- 0 with a rag tag team, I really wish now I hadn't of let him play.Not only missing the playoffs, these last few games ( including the one we lost last week without him ), he is out until Jan. 2010 for AAU Basketball .

Like I said ,the next week our team got down, it was cold, raining and the boys were not in the game and let the Steelers beat them, 12-0,a team we had beaten earlier this year 12-6., two very close teams . We had 2 touchdowns called back for flags, the kids played poorly each time we played the Steelers. That comes down to me, I have been to easy on them since I knew most of them the last 3 years , so it's my fault, I got out coached by a weaker team. I really wanted that undefeated season and a chance to coach our kids in the state tournament in November. But since Jordan's injury, I'm just bummed out on coaching the All Star team now. We have 2 games left in the county tournament,we need to win them both to get that 3rd consecutive county championship.We have to beat the same Steelers team we beat and lost to earlier. This would be great, I can finish up my 3 years at 18 - 2 or whatever it may be with the out come of these 2 games left.

Any ways, ( If I can figure out how to do this ) here is a team pic and and a few others of our team and some of the practice game, throw some good vibes out there guys.

ROYC75
10-22-2009, 09:03 PM
More pics.

ROYC75
10-22-2009, 09:06 PM
1 more. We didn't have the helmet decals for our 1st game. Our 1st play of the season was a touchdown. Our kids have been together for sometime and basically was ahead of all the other teams on offense. I only had 4 new kids from last years team.

Seriously, I let my guard down, got soft with them. With Jordan healthy, we should have won big.

The team got down when he went out, the kids thought they couldn't win without him. They proved themselves right, I was too soft on them. This week I have been on them like stink on ****.

They have never seen me ticked off like I have been this week at practices.

Lumpy
10-22-2009, 09:10 PM
It sounds like u and ur team have come a long way. Hopefully ur Chiefs will regain their momentum and Jordan has a speedy recovery. Good luck w/ ur final 2 games! :thumb:

ROYC75
10-24-2009, 05:22 PM
We won today 30 - 0 setting up a rematch with the Steelers for the championship.

Hope the boys focus and bring it next week like they did today in the 1st half. ( 30 - 0 halftime ) I played all the backups in the 2nd half.

Pioli Zombie
10-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Who gives a shit?
Posted via Mobile Device

CupidStunt
10-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Who gives a shit?
Posted via Mobile Device

More people than those that care about anything you post, you sack of shit.

Pioli Zombie
10-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Demonpez is my new hero.
Posted via Mobile Device

RJ
10-24-2009, 06:22 PM
Hey ROYC75, what age group are those boys? Are all the games against teams from your county?

ROYC75
10-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Hey ROYC75, what age group are those boys? Are all the games against teams from your county?

Yes, 5th & 6th grade, 12 and Under. Most of my kids are talented enough as 5th graders to move up to middle school ball. I only have 3, 6th graders out of the 12 kids I have. At least 6 to 7 of them will move up because of knowing the basic fundamentals and talent.

It's been fun working with them the last 3 years. 18 - 2 or 17 - 3 is not bad either way. Like I said, with Jordan being hurt, it really took the wind out of my sails to coach our 1st All Star team in the state tournament. If it was for coaching basketball right now as well, I would do it. But I have another grand son ( Matthew )that is playing basketball so the decision was easy to make.Jordan could make it back by mid Dec. on the court and ready for the AAU traveling team in Jan. 2010.

ROYC75
10-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Who gives a shit?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sour puss, you must of missed the little league cut one year,or was it many years ?

Gonzo
10-26-2009, 12:34 PM
Can any of them play RT?

I can't wait until my boy is old enough to play. I'll want to coach probably as well...

Dicky McElephant
10-26-2009, 12:34 PM
You better tell #88 to step it up....he's been underperforming for my fantasy team.

Gonzo
10-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Sour puss, you must of missed the little league cut one year,or was it many years ?

They wouldn't let him start on the flag girl squad so he's bitter...

They said his Kankles were unattractive...

ROYC75
10-26-2009, 12:44 PM
You better tell #88 to step it up....he's been underperforming for my fantasy team.

I hear ya, my #88 is the one out with a MCL. He's not injured, we win them all this year like we did last year. Just the breaks, after he went down, the kids got down, that was on my part, I wasn't tough enough with them. Last weeks practices were all together different, no softness at all.I made them work hard all week and now they are hungry for the rematch without him, I expect to win.

ROYC75
10-26-2009, 12:47 PM
Can any of them play RT?

I can't wait until my boy is old enough to play. I'll want to coach probably as well...

My RT is # 97, 5th grade, 197lbs, a monster but slow. With the right work ethics, he has picked up speed and getting better, he has the passion for the game. He may just take off next year at either the same level or the 7th grade team. His strides in 3 years is remarkable.

tooge
10-26-2009, 02:18 PM
thats fun stuff. I'm coaching my son in flag football. He justed turned 7. He wanted to play tackle so bad but I thought the fundamentals would be easier to teach in flag. We are 7-0 and having a blast. I'm addicted.

ROYC75
10-26-2009, 02:57 PM
thats fun stuff. I'm coaching my son in flag football. He justed turned 7. He wanted to play tackle so bad but I thought the fundamentals would be easier to teach in flag. We are 7-0 and having a blast. I'm addicted.

It is, even to the parents. As fans, they get involved in the passion of the game so far they( parents ) really take it out on each other at times. I have seen the cops called in many times on football and basketball games because of irate fans of a team.

Since Jordan got hurt, now I'm really missing out on that chance to take that team to the state tournament. It was a goal I set before the season started, I knew I had a great chance at doing it. With him being in middle school next (year even thou he could play down again because of age) I know I missed a chance to do something, be the 1st coach and team from this county to the state tournament, it's never happened. His recovery and my coaching basketball too is hindering that from happening. I was all for it until my oldest grand son decided he wanted to play basketball too. With a jealous daughter, she would not understand if I coached the boys state football team and not basketball too. It just takes up all of my time at night and on weekends for a whole month.