PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chargers @ Chiefs Analysis

Warrior5
10-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Since it is a Red Friday (at least in name only), and in light of Buckinkaeding's smack thread and the weekly "Predict the Score" thread, how about serious some analysis?

The Chiefs finally get their first 2009 win in the “DC Barn-burner”. Can they make it two in a row before the bye week?

SD (2-3) – W: RAIDERS, DOLPHINS L: RAVENS, STEELERS, DONKEYS
KC (1-5) – W: SKINS L: RAVENS, RAIDERS, EAGLES, GIANTS, COWBOYS

SD Score O – 25 ppg (9) vs KC Score D – 24 ppg (24)… adv SD
SD Rush O – 58 ypg (31) vs KC Rush D – 130 ypg (25)… wash
SD Pass O – 284 ypg (5) vs KC Pass D – 250 ypg (25)… adv SD

KC Score O – 16 ppg (25) vs SD Score D – 27 ppg (28)… wash
KC Rush O – 98ypg (25) vs SD Rush D – 141 ypg (27)… wash
KC Pass O – 162 ypg (27) vs SD Pass D – 217 ypg (13)… adv SD

Turnover Ratio:
SD (-1)
KC (+4)

Homefield Advantage: KC (barely, with a half-empty stadium)

The Chargers will be coming off a short week after losing to the Donkeys (who’ve obviously made a pact with Satan). The Chargers’ poor rushing stats are misleading; they don’t run much because they have a good passing game. Couple that with an almost non-existent Chiefs’ pass rush, and Rivers could have a career day.

The Chiefs continue to show signs of gelling as a team… KC committed only four penalties against the inept Skins and did not turn the ball over. However, the O-line still allowed 5 sacks, and Cassel was pummeled all day long. Only the Packers have allowed more sacks than the Chiefs. While LJ did manage to get up some steam against a decent Skins’ defense, the offense can only play as well as the O-line enables it. Field goals alone won’t beat the Chargers. If the Chiefs can get some ST or defense scores, they could win by a FG. Otherwise, they're just what the doctor ordered for the pissed-off Chargers, and the Chiefs go into the bye 1-6.

58-4ever
10-23-2009, 11:11 AM
I'll be there. Too bad my wife's first game will be a half-ass Arrowhead experience. Anyone tailgaiting that wouldn't mind us stopping by? We'll bring some good beer! :)

Buehler445
10-23-2009, 11:48 AM
As bad as they are, it will take major mental mistakes for them to lose to us.
Posted via Mobile Device

SenselessChiefsFan
10-23-2009, 02:16 PM
The Redskins have a better defensive line than the Chargers... and the Chiefs are at home.

Chargers primed for a season ending type of loss.

ThunderChief
10-23-2009, 02:24 PM
An early litmus test for the Pioli/Haley system. The Bolts are down on their luck for any number of reasons while the Chiefs are home and feeling good about themselves. Who would you rather have coaching your team given these factors, Haley or Turner.

I choose Haley and think an upset could happen here.

Reerun_KC
10-23-2009, 02:25 PM
As bad as they are, it will take major mental mistakes for them to lose to us.
Posted via Mobile Device

Norv Turner is still coaching, it is possible.

Buehler445
10-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Norv Turner is still coaching, it is possible.

Oh I know. I'm just saying that's what it will take.
Posted via Mobile Device

SDChiefs
10-23-2009, 02:40 PM
How come when we are rated higher than them its a wash, when they are rated higher than us its Adv SD?

keg in kc
10-23-2009, 03:10 PM
How come when we are rated higher than them its a wash, when they are rated higher than us its Adv SD?Something they're bad at paired with something we're bad at equals a wash, I'd imagine. There's nothing we're good at, so it's going to be hard to find any advantage on our side.

Warrior5
10-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Something they're bad at paired with something we're bad at equals a wash, I'd imagine. There's nothing we're good at, so it's going to be hard to find any advantage on our side.

This.

TRR
10-23-2009, 05:08 PM
It will as it does every week, come down to what type of pressure KC's DL and LB's can put on Rivers, and what time KC's O Line can give Cassel.

Rivers looked very uncomfortable against Denver when they got pressure, and Cassel has a very good chance of a breakout game if the O Line can give Cassel time EARLY.
Posted via Mobile Device

orange
10-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Otherwise, they're just what the doctor ordered for the pissed-off Chargers, and the Chiefs go into the bye 1-6.

I don't see it that way at all. Last week was the Chargers' make-or-break game. They were coming off a bye, pissed off about their previous heart-breaking loss, needing the game to stay in the race, with great recent history vs. Broncos, Monday night, home game, etc. They broke.

This could be Quittin' Time for San Diego. See "Tennessee Titans."

BigChiefFan
10-23-2009, 05:19 PM
I think we have a shot. Their running game isn't as good as it once was. If we can contain the run and put the heat on Rivers, we've got a chance at pulling the win.

TRR
10-23-2009, 05:22 PM
I also hope to see a big dose of LT because Sproles scares me. I feel like this game will be very similiar to the Cowboys game where Choice came in and hit KC for some big gains late. LT hasn't scared me in years...
Posted via Mobile Device

bronco610
10-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Kill them !!!!!!! Please !!

CaliforniaChief
10-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Just found out from listening to a podcast from San Diego that Mike Goff was out because his wife had a baby on Wednesday night.

Apparently when Goff went to go pick up the baby, he was pancaked by the delivery nurse.

On a serious note, perhaps he can use some motivation that he has for hating his old team to actually block someone.

reiko57
10-23-2009, 06:55 PM
I think the Chiefs come out strong in this one, inspired by their first win and hungry for another, I think they'll continue to take care of the ball and play smarter this week committing less penalties while running the ball more effectively than they have all year, I think they'll run the ball better as the season goes on when they have more time to see whats worked the best and this week will be an extension of that, a real time evolution so to speak.

I think the Chargers run the ball well in the first half, but stick to it too long in the second half when its already been adjusted to, and burning time while trailing, I think it forces some erratic throws from Rivers as the game winds down and KC will capitalize on at least 1 turnover,

24-20 Chiefs