PDA

View Full Version : Football Women who talk sports

luv
10-23-2009, 04:40 PM
A recent thread of mine brought about this question, and got me curious.

Men, would you rather be with a woman who can hold her own talking about football (or any sport in general)?

Women, have you found that men seem to back away from you whenever you start talking about football (or sports in general)?

Poll following. Feel free to post reasoning below.

AndChiefs
10-23-2009, 04:42 PM
Personally I enjoy them being able to talk sports. Not a prereq but it's nice.

CaliforniaChief
10-23-2009, 04:44 PM
My wife brings a nice balance of sports knowledge. She doesn't walk around like The Schwab...and she keeps somewhat of a distance from sports. But she'll watch a game with me, make an effort to follow what's going on, and supports my viewing habits.

Rausch
10-23-2009, 04:45 PM
I love it myself.

Reaper16
If a woman can engage with me about sports, cool. I'm all for it.

wildcat09
My wife can hold her own when it comes to sports talk........and I love it

Deberg_1990
Depends on how hot she is.

Jilly
10-23-2009, 04:46 PM
My ability to talk sports comes in handy, it gives me something to make small talk with the gentlemen in my congregation. That's obviously not a romantic thing but it definitely helps me professionally. Romantically I'm fairly certain that sealed the deal.

luv
10-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Depends on how hot she is.

That pretty much goes for whatever it is being talked about.

Rausch
10-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Personally I enjoy them being able to talk sports. Not a prereq but it's nice.

Of course its a fucking prereq.

Do you not give them the test!?!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51zR5MYOPIL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

AndChiefs
10-23-2009, 04:48 PM
Of course its a ****ing prereq.

Do you not give them the test!?!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51zR5MYOPIL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Guess I missed that memo.

Sure-Oz
10-23-2009, 04:49 PM
my girl is as die hard as i am about sports, and i love it...ive helped teach her more, but she knew way before me.

Delano
10-23-2009, 04:50 PM
If you know your shit, let's talk about it, but if you don't, don't pretend to care (and ask 9000 questions during the game).

Saulbadguy
10-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Don't care one way or the other.

wildcat09
10-23-2009, 04:52 PM
just the other day we were talking about the dynamics of the spread......i didn't know she meant football

rockymtnchief
10-23-2009, 04:54 PM
I like it. Only she wants to talk about nothing but the Buccaneers.

CoMoChief
10-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Depends on if the girl knows what shes' talkin about.

If she grew up playing sports and is athletic and follows/likes sports, more than likely she will know what she's talking about.

what sucks is that these kind of girls are a rarity. I've only met a few.

Fish
10-23-2009, 04:56 PM
Linda Cohn can make sports talk sexy.....

Bearcat
10-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Your poll will obviously be skewed heavily towards men who like talking about sports.

From the other thread, the theory that men generally don't like it when women talk about sports is derived from the idea that most men either don't like talking about sports or lack the knowledge to do so..... and on a football message board, you won't the former, and no one would admit the latter.

Von Dumbass
10-23-2009, 04:58 PM
I just can't respect a womans opinion on sports. The day they have a woman doing the play-by-play for MNF is the day I stop watching.

KCUnited
Knowledge of sports factors in very little in my willingness to interact with a woman.

DaKCMan AP
My girlfriend is as big or a bigger Gators fan than I am. She went to both of the last 2 BCS Championship games, has gone to SEC Championships and knows her stuff.

She is definitely Awesome. ;)

Bearcat
10-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Your poll will obviously be skewed heavily towards men who like talking about sports.

From the other thread, the theory that men generally don't like it when women talk about sports is derived from the idea that most men either don't like talking about sports or lack the knowledge to do so..... and on a football message board, you won't the former, and no one would admit the latter.

That said, it would be interesting to see the results if the question was asked to a better sampling of the general population... like on FB or a dating website, general message board, etc.

Rausch
10-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Guess I missed that memo.

Must-own movie...:rockon:

Modell: We all know most marriages depend on a firm grasp of football trivia.

Pestilence
10-23-2009, 05:03 PM
It's cool with me as long as she knows what she's talking about. I can't stand it when girls talk like they know sports....and they don't know shit.

ElGringo
10-23-2009, 05:04 PM
If she can talk sports it is something to talk about when all else fails. Even an argument about how bad the Chiefs suck this year is better than discussing which shoes to wear.

Bearcat
10-23-2009, 05:09 PM
I just can't respect a womans opinion on sports. The day they have a woman doing the play-by-play for MNF is the day I stop watching.

John Madden, Pat Summerall, Dennis Miller, TONY FREAKIN' KORNHEISER!!! ....How much worse could a woman be?

Rausch
10-23-2009, 05:09 PM
It's cool with me as long as she knows what she's talking about. I can't stand it when girls talk like they know sports....and they don't know shit.

I can't stand anyone who does that.

Baconeater
10-23-2009, 05:12 PM
John Madden, Pat Summerall, Dennis Miller, TONY FREAKIN' KORNHEISER!!! ....How much worse could a woman be?
Pam Ward.

Jerm
10-23-2009, 05:13 PM
I can't get my wife into sports really but she's into hunting so that's more than ok with me.

I'll take that trade off.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buck
10-23-2009, 05:14 PM
I don't mind women who can talk sports, I have plenty of chick friends who do.

I just cant go out with one.

I think its because my mom knows a lot about sports so thats a turnoff, plus one time I dated this chick who was a hardcore Sox/Pats fan.

That sucked.

KCUnited
10-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Or when they think that because they dropped some sports knowledge around some guys that they are even cuter than they think they already are.

luv
10-23-2009, 05:19 PM

I tried to make it clear, but I probably failed, that it wasn't just any woman, but THEIR woman.

Bearcat
10-23-2009, 05:34 PM
I tried to make it clear, but I probably failed, that it wasn't just any woman, but THEIR woman.

You said "with a woman", so yeah, a SO.

My point is that in your other thread you said you were surprised at the number of people who aren't football fans, and now you're asking guys if they like being with a woman who can talk sports... Well, if the majority of people don't like football or can't hold their own while talking sports, then the majority probably either won't care or won't like it when their woman wants to talk a lot about sports. But, you won't find those types of people here, so the poll is skewed towards the minority.

Okay, so that probably wasn't any better of an explanation... but when you ask sports fans if they like sports fans, the answer is going to be yes. ;)

Psyko Tek
10-23-2009, 05:37 PM
of course my ex wife walked in while me and the youngest were watching the suns and started runnning her mouth about nothing important
but she said it was ok it was tv and I could still watch it

a week later she came in and started talking over a radio broadcast of a game I was listening to
she said that was Ok
it wasn't the playoffs

I live alone now

I likwe sundays, NOW

Fairplay
10-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Did you ever use the ruler yet luv?

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2009, 06:05 PM
I think it would be awesome to have a GF that I could talk football with. They are few and far between.

Fairplay
10-23-2009, 06:09 PM
I think it would be awesome to have a GF that I could talk football with. They are few and far between.

My gf knows more then me. But she doesn't rub it in or anything.

Baseball also.

She's cool about it. I just listen to her ramble.

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Depends on how hot she is.Actually, for me this trait is hot all on its own.

Mecca
10-23-2009, 06:11 PM
It's always a plus, then there are no fights about watching games.

Rausch
10-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Pam Ward.

Wow...

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2009/09/pam-ward-chronicles-week-one.html

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2009, 06:14 PM
I just can't respect a womans opinion on sports. The day they have a woman doing the play-by-play for MNF is the day I stop watching.Assbag. :rolleyes:

Skip Towne
10-23-2009, 06:26 PM
I'd talk sports with Sherri Coale. I'd do several other things with Sherri Coale.

KCChiefsMan
10-23-2009, 06:34 PM
I like the one's who actually know what they are talking about when they talk sports, hate the one's who think they do when they don't

Rausch
10-23-2009, 06:38 PM
I'd talk sports with Sherri Coale. I'd do several other things with Sherri Coale.

Ehhhhh....

http://ou.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2009/04/02/wbb-ise2.jpg

KCrockaholic
10-23-2009, 06:39 PM
I love it when women know what they are talking about with sports. My girl trys to understand things about football and sports in general, I think she just becomes to overwhelmed by it all sometimes. She knows more than most women do about football though. Im proud of that. But if a girl is talking about sports and doesnt know anything about what she it talking about, I get pissed off. But I get pissed off at anyone who says a wrong fact about football or things like that. I just dont like the people who think they know what they are talking about, but actually have no clue and act cocky about it.

Frazod
10-23-2009, 06:40 PM
The perfect woman must like football and Star Trek. And give really good blowjobs. And look like Megan Fox, only with huge boobs. AND BE QUIET AND SANE AND NOT RIP MY HEART OUT.

So basically this person does not and will never exist.

:banghead:

luv
10-23-2009, 06:51 PM
I like the one's who actually know what they are talking about when they talk sports, hate the one's who think they do when they don't

Is that just with women though? I would think talking to anyone like that would be unnerving.

KCrockaholic
10-23-2009, 06:54 PM

I would have to agree completely.

mounged
10-23-2009, 07:36 PM
My husband loves that I love sports. Especially when we get together with his friends and I hold my own with their chiefs talk. His friends all tell him how lucky he is to have a wife who not only does not complain about football on tv, but is usually the one who makes sure that everyone knows the games are on. On top of that I have taught my 21 year old daughter about sports and she is right there with the football and nascar.

luv
10-23-2009, 07:42 PM
My husband loves that I love sports. Especially when we get together with his friends and I hold my own with their chiefs talk. His friends all tell him how lucky he is to have a wife who not only does not complain about football on tv, but is usually the one who makes sure that everyone knows the games are on. On top of that I have taught my 21 year old daughter about sports and she is right there with the football and nascar.

You had me impressed all the way up until you said nascar. :p

Deberg_1990
10-23-2009, 07:44 PM
This dicussion reminds me of the Cameron Diaz character from "Theres Something About Mary"

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Don't care either way really. I have female friends who know more about some sports stuff than me and they're cool to talk to and my gf likes her teams but talking sports isn't really an interest of hers and I like her just fine that way.

Param
10-23-2009, 10:28 PM
I don't care for it. I go with B.

Phobia
10-23-2009, 10:33 PM
On top of that I have taught my 21 year old daughter about sports and she is right there with the football and nascar.
This thread is worthless without pics.

luv
10-23-2009, 10:33 PM
No nascar! I take back everything I ever said to you...

You like nascar? I take back mine as well. :p

KCChiefsMan
10-24-2009, 12:27 AM
Is that just with women though? I would think talking to anyone like that would be unnerving.

yes, but for some reason it's more annoying with women

ChiefButthurt
10-24-2009, 06:08 AM
Luv?? Do you have a new bf and you need to know how to behave?

DJay23
10-24-2009, 07:22 AM
My wife was a huge football fan (Penn State, Green Bay) when I met her and one of the things I fell in love with was the fact that on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in the fall she WANTS to watch football. Hell she was pulling just as hard for the Chiefs last week as I was because she knew they had a chance.

Since we've been together she watches college basketball with me and really has taken a liking to it. I caught her watching a random Syracuse/Georgetown game last winter, by herself.

ChiTown
10-24-2009, 07:32 AM
When I'm having sex, there is nothing that turns me on more than a woman who can talk dirty to me, you know, like telling me how to break down the Cover 2, or the intricacies of the H-Back position..........

PunkinDrublic
10-24-2009, 07:57 AM
Show me a woman who knows sports and I'll show you a woman not spending enough time in the kitchen.