PDA

View Full Version : Football Our starting safeties are John McGraw and Mike Brown

The Bad Guy
10-25-2009, 10:06 AM
There is zero doubt in my mind that the Chiefs will take either Berry or Mays in April.

KNEECRUSHER
10-25-2009, 10:07 AM
zero doubt, eh?

DeezNutz
10-25-2009, 10:09 AM
Hope you're right, but I seriously doubt it.

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2009, 10:10 AM
zero doubt, eh?

I guess this is the mult account we should be expecting the racial slurs from later?

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2009, 10:12 AM
As much as I hope you're right Frank, after this past draft and offseason, I'm not sure I could be that sure about anything they do.

KNEECRUSHER
10-25-2009, 10:12 AM
I guess this is the mult account we should be expecting the racial slurs from later?

Nah, I'm not posting in chat today and I'm only going to watch the Chiefs game today...I do apologize for that shit, I said something to my asshole friends and it won't happen again, and if it does, I'll tell DaFace to perma-ban me.

dirk digler
10-25-2009, 10:13 AM
I agree Bad Guy. Page has obviously been benched. I am praying we draft Berry not Bernard Pollard v2 :D

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2009, 10:13 AM
Nah, I'm not posting in chat today and I'm only going to watch the Chiefs game today...I do apologize for that shit, I said something to my asshole friends and it won't happen again, and if it does, I'll tell DaFace to perma-ban me.

Good to hear.

Enjoy the game.

salame
10-25-2009, 10:15 AM
What ever happened to DaJuan Morgan?

The Bad Guy
10-25-2009, 10:16 AM
I think Pioli understands the impact of a dominant safety, as does Pendershit.

He had Milloy, Harrison and Pendershit had Adrian Wilson.

Reaper16
10-25-2009, 10:18 AM
What ever happened to DaJuan Morgan?
Right 53.

Marcellus
10-25-2009, 10:22 AM
As much as I hope you're right Frank, after this past draft and offseason, I'm not sure I could be that sure about anything they do.

You hope we spend a top 5 pick on a safety?

:shake:

SNR
10-25-2009, 10:24 AM
I agree Bad Guy. Page has obviously been benched. I am praying we draft Berry not Bernard Pollard v2 :DYou mean the Bernard Pollard with sub 4.2 speed?

The Bad Guy
10-25-2009, 10:24 AM
You hope we spend a top 5 pick on a safety?

:shake:

As long as they are a big time playmaker, why the hell not?

Marcellus
10-25-2009, 10:29 AM
As long as they are a big time playmaker, why the hell not?

Outside TP in Pittsburgh there isnt a single safety in the league worth that type of $ or draft position.What are the odds either of those guys are? See Roy Williams.

It's no different than the OL argument. you shouldn't have to spend a high draft pick on a safety or RT. That's bad utilization of draft picks.

Now depending on who is still there, where we actually pick etc...it may end up being the right pick.

I just really hope we don't have to spend that high of a pick to get an impact safety.

That's not an ideal situation. We need a pass rusher. Hell we are worse off at LB than safety.

dirk digler
10-25-2009, 10:31 AM
You mean the Bernard Pollard with sub 4.2 speed?

That just means he will miss tackles and blow coverages while running faster:Poke:

max sleeper
10-25-2009, 10:31 AM
McGraw has played pretty good this year he has made some plays! Good on ST

The Bad Guy
10-25-2009, 10:34 AM
Outside TP in Pittsburgh there isnt a single safety in the leauge worth that type of $ or draft position.What are the odds either of those guys are? See Roy Williams.

It's no different than the OL argument. you shouldn't have to spend a high draft pick on a safety or RT. That's bad utilization of draft picks.

Now depending on who is still there, where we actually pick etc...it may end up being the right pick.

I just really hope we don't have to spend that high of a pick to get an impact safety.

That's not an ideal situation. We need a pass rusher. Hell we are worse off at LB than safety.

3-4 linebackers are far more easier to get than impact safeties.

I'd spend a top 5 pick on Ed Reed every single day of the week.

keg in kc
10-25-2009, 10:34 AM
As much as I hope you're right Frank, after this past draft and offseason, I'm not sure I could be that sure about anything they do.One small glimmer of hope is that the March free agency period and the '09 draft were handled with Pioli at the top of a pyramid built on holdovers from Carl Peterson's scouting and personnel departments. '10 could be interesting.

Marcellus
10-25-2009, 10:36 AM
3-4 linebackers are far more easier to get than impact safeties.

I'd spend a top 5 pick on Ed Reed every single day of the week.

Yea, I forgot about Ed Reed.

I still think the odds we find another Ed Reed or TP are slim to none. Safeties like that are extremely rare and we have bigger issues.

I would rather trade down and get some more picks and pick some O-line, LB's, RB, DL, etc.....

Solid safeties do well enough with a pass rush. We had a dominant defense with safties like Mark Collins, Woods, Tongue, players of that level.

DaneMcCloud
10-25-2009, 10:37 AM
One small glimmer of hope is that the March free agency period and the '09 draft were handled with Pioli at the top of a pyramid built on holdovers from Carl Peterson's scouting and personnel departments. '10 could be interesting.

This is a lame argument.

I'm not picking on you but I've seen others essentially imply that Pioli and his NE staff didn't evaluate players during the 2008 season and that he wasn't aware of college talent available in the 2009 draft because of the Chiefs draft results.

Impossible.

KCUnited
10-25-2009, 10:39 AM

I still think the odds we find another Ed Reed or TP are slim to none. Safeties like that are extremely rare and we have bigger issues.

I would rather trade down and get some more picks and pick some O-line, LB's, RB, DL, etc.....

Solid safeties do well enough with a pass rush. We had a dominant defense with safties like Mark Collins, Woods, Tongue, players of that level.
That trade down depends on more wins from this squad or an elite qb prospect on the board in April, neither of those things seems likely at this point.

BossChief
10-25-2009, 10:39 AM
If we draft a safety while still having little to no pass rush, IMO its a dumb move.

Maybe that will change by years end but Im not holding my breath.

Marcellus
10-25-2009, 10:40 AM
If we draft a safety while still having little to no pass rush, IMO its a dumb move.

This.

Marcellus
10-25-2009, 10:43 AM
That trade down depends on more wins from this squad or an elite qb prospect on the board in April, neither of those things seems likely at this point.

I agree and so I don't think we draft a safety in the top 5 or 10 for that matter.

Lots of things left to play out before deciding on out #1 pick in April.

It is simply to soon to make a decision this sson. There is still FA and everything else that could happen during the season in the pros and college to come into play.

milkman
10-25-2009, 10:44 AM

This.

I'm happy that you two stupid fucks see eye to eye.

SNR
10-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Outside TP in Pittsburgh there isnt a single safety in the league worth that type of $ or draft position.What are the odds either of those guys are? See Roy Williams.

That's not an ideal situation. We need a pass rusher. Hell we are worse off at LB than safety.Have you seen what a guy like Bob Sanders does to that Colts defense?

When he's playing, that defense can play with the big boys and stop the run like nobody's business.

When he's not playing, they suck eggs.

When you get a big-time playmaking safety instead just your average run-of-the-mill Jarred Page who will make occasional big hits, score INTs, and inconsistently cover and tackle, that's when the safety becomes a difference-maker on your defense, and not just a worthless position.

cdcox
10-25-2009, 10:45 AM

It's going to take a few years yet to build this squad. You take the biggest impact player available to you in a given year and things will get better. If you force taking a pass rusher when the safety is the better player, you end up with what we have now.

Great safety this year, add a star pass rusher later. Derrick Thomas is not in this draft class.

dirk digler
10-25-2009, 10:47 AM
It's going to take a few years yet to build this squad. You take the biggest impact player available to you in a given year and things will get better. If you force taking a pass rusher when the safety is the better player, you end up with what we have now.

Great safety this year, add a star pass rusher later. Derrick Thomas is not in this draft class.

Totally agree

DaneMcCloud
10-25-2009, 10:49 AM
We need a pass rusher. Hell we are worse off at LB than safety.

The Chiefs need everything but cornerback and quarterback. If there's game-changing elite talent with their first round pick, they should take it.

Regardless of whether it's linebacker, receiver, nose tackle or safety.

Marcellus
10-25-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm happy that you two stupid ****s see eye to eye.

I am happy to see you put up a solid argument for picking a safety over a pass rusher.

I also stated it may end up being the right pick depending on where we pick who is available etc....

I just hate the idea of picking a safety that high. Why is that so bad?

As I stated earlier we had a great defense with 2nd round safeties in the past. Woods and Tongue.

Picking a safety that high is disturbing. As I stated, see Roy Williams career for a great example. He was taken 8th overall and never played to that pick.

DeezNutz
10-25-2009, 10:51 AM

The two top safety prospects this year are considered among the best ever to come out. Two rare, elite players.

And, defensively, we don't have any bigger issues. Perhaps one could argue that there are others on par, but definitely not bigger.

chiefzilla1501
10-25-2009, 10:52 AM

Troy Polamalu and Ed Reed aren't just safeties. They're difference makers. Sean Taylor was a complete difference maker in Washington. Brian Dawkins was one of the few major personnel moves the Broncos made, and he's helped to completely turn the defense around. Same with Darren Sharper in New Orleans.

In a 3-4 defense, the #1 thing you can do is to bring in a great nose tackle. The 2nd best thing you can do is to either bring in a playmaker at Safety or at the OLB position.

In a 3-4, you don't need a stud safety. But if you find a playmaker there, it makes your defense a hell of a lot better. Far more of an impact than an ILB or a CB or arguably a DE. Arguably, if your safety is good enough, far more important than an OLB too.

SNR
10-25-2009, 10:53 AM
The Chiefs need everything but cornerback and quarterback. If there's game-changing elite talent with their first round pick, they should take it.

Regardless of whether it's linebacker, receiver, nose tackle or safety.That and TE.

I don't care if Tony Gonzalez and Kellen Winslow got together, had a love child, injected him with steroids daily, and gave him radioactive super powers. I don't give a shit. I don't want to waste another goddamn pick on a fucking TE.

The Bad Guy
10-25-2009, 10:54 AM

It's a dumb move to pass on a game-changing player because we don't have player (X) at another position.

It's like passing on a franchise quarterback because you don't have an offensive line. You can eventually get an offensive line built up to pair with that franchise guy, but some of you act like we are drafting basically for next year and we will never have a pass rush by the time the safeties contract expires.

It's a stupid, stupid argument.

The Bad Guy
10-25-2009, 10:55 AM
I am happy to see you put up a solid argument for picking a safety over a pass rusher.

I also stated it may end up being the right pick depending on where we pick who is available etc....

I just hate the idea of picking a safety that high. Why is that so bad?

As I stated earlier we had a great defense with 2nd round safeties in the past. Woods and Tongue.

Picking a safety that high is disturbing. As I stated, see Roy Williams career for a great example. He was taken 8th overall and never played to that pick.

Where are the elite, can't miss pass rushers in this draft?

DeezNutz
10-25-2009, 10:57 AM
Where are the elite, can't miss pass rushers in this draft?

Berry on a safety blitz.

BigChiefFan
10-25-2009, 10:58 AM
I don't like the idea of taking a safety in the top 5.

DeezNutz
10-25-2009, 10:59 AM
I don't like the idea of taking a safety in the top 5.

You'd prefer...?

Mecca
10-25-2009, 11:02 AM
There's possibly 2 top potential pass rushers but they're both ends, so we can't take them since we play 3-4 now.

There isn't a highly regarded rush backer worth a top 10 pick, unless you want to drop a top 10 pick in a Texas player and we know how that goes.

Berry and Mays are 2 of the best prospects you'll see, but I knew the "they're safeties" comment would be made. Not surprising who makes it either.

BossChief
10-25-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm happy that you two stupid ****s see eye to eye.

that took class....

Have fun with Taylor Mays back in coverage all day because we still cant properly pressure opposing passers or stop the run effectively.

If we filled a couple gaps in FA, namely NT and OLB, I would be on board, but thats a long way away.

Cant people here have civilized conversation without returning to the 3rd grade playground?

chiefzilla1501
10-25-2009, 11:04 AM

An entirely different defense. In a 3-4, if you have a safety with playmaking capability, there are a gazillion different things you can do with him. Watch what the Steelers do with Polamalu. They blitz him all over the place, he lines up as a corner, he's attacking the run. Also, because they so often blitz a lot of players, it's on Polamalu to make bigger plays in pass D.

A 3-4 defense is much different because the goal is to get pressure from areas where the QB isn't expecting pressure. In a 4-3, you absolutely have to get pressure from your front 4.

Marcellus
10-25-2009, 11:06 AM
There's possibly 2 top potential pass rushers but they're both ends, so we can't take them since we play 3-4 now.

There isn't a highly regarded rush backer worth a top 10 pick, unless you want to drop a top 10 pick in a Texas player and we know how that goes.

Berry and Mays are 2 of the best prospects you'll see, but I knew the "they're safeties" comment would be made. Not surprising who makes it either.

My opinion on this subject is no different than your opinion on picking O-linemen that aren't LT that early.

BigChiefFan
10-25-2009, 11:06 AM
You'd prefer...?

Dez Bryant or Suh at this point.

Mecca
10-25-2009, 11:07 AM
My opinion on this subject is no different than your opinion on picking O-linemen that aren't LT that early.

:spock:

That doesn't make any sense.

So a safety and a guard have the same value? What?

Mecca
10-25-2009, 11:08 AM

Yes a spread WR or a guy that we drafted a dude who plays the same position he would play...book it.

3 years in a row a top 5 tech.

BigMeatballDave
10-25-2009, 11:09 AM
I don't like the idea of taking a safety in the top 5.Heh... Mays and Berry are special. I'd be thrilled with either one. Game changers. You'll see...

Mecca
10-25-2009, 11:10 AM
You can't create something that isn't there, the Chiefs only way to take a pass rusher first is to basically reach like a motherfucker.

BossChief
10-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Yes a spread WR or a guy that we drafted a dude who plays the same position he would play...book it.

We will lose till we shore up the rush defense and pass rush

that was easy

SNR
10-25-2009, 11:12 AM

that was easyNo, we're going to lose until we get some players that make fucking plays.

If you get playmakers, the run defense suddenly gets much better.

Mecca
10-25-2009, 11:13 AM

that was easy

Great so what do you want to do then?

The team has more than 1 pick right? So you either want to use the top 10 pick on a big fat lazy guy or on a guy who isn't worthy of the pick because he rushes the passer?

This is how you end up with a shitty team. You take playmakers when you have the chance. These guys aren't Aaron Curry they are legit playmakers and worthy of their hype.

Mecca
10-25-2009, 11:14 AM
No, we're going to lose until we get some players that make fucking plays.

If you get playmakers, the run defense suddenly gets much better.

I'm telling you this is a team that could literally take an offensive or defensive lineman every single year with it's first pick and about 50% of the fan base would be happy.

BigChiefFan
10-25-2009, 11:14 AM

You really believe top 5 money should be spent on a safety? You practice differently than what you preach.

Sorry, Dez Bryant has talent that translates to the next level, regardless of the system.

milkman
10-25-2009, 11:15 AM
that took class....

Have fun with Taylor Mays back in coverage all day because we still cant properly pressure opposing passers or stop the run effectively.

If we filled a couple gaps in FA, namely NT and OLB, I would be on board, but thats a long way away.

Cant people here have civilized conversation without returning to the 3rd grade playground?

It's a stupid post, as has been pointed out numerous times before the creation of this thread.

Fuck class.

I'm sick of stupid fucks.

Mecca
Personally I wouldn't touch Bryant, the floor is low, he has to transition, Bryant isn't going to just step right in.

You make exceptions for rare players, Mays and Berry are rare, Bryant isn't he's a prospect you see in most years.

SNR
You really believe top 5 money should be spent on a safety? You practice differently than what you preach.

Sorry, Dez Bryant has talent that translates to the next level, regardless of the system.Rashaun Woods also had "talent that translates to the next level, regardless of the system"

BigChiefFan
10-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Heh... Mays and Berry are special. I'd be thrilled with either one. Game changers. You'll see...
Possibly, but that doesn't mean they are the ONLY players in the upcoming draft with game changing abilities.

Mecca
10-25-2009, 11:17 AM
The others are players the Chiefs have 0 reason to be draft.

Dunlap and Griffen are 4-3 ends so we don't get to draft those playmakers...who else? Suh? We've drafted guys that play the position he would in the top 5 the last 2 years so he's out.

BigChiefFan
10-25-2009, 11:18 AM
Rashaun Woods also had "talent that translates to the next level, regardless of the system"
Rashaun Woods had alot of talent, but nowhere close to Dez Bryant's. Woods was NEVER considered a top 10 talent.

Stanley Nickels
10-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Edit: wrong thread

BossChief
10-25-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm telling you this is a team that could literally take an offensive or defensive lineman every single year with it's first pick and about 50% of the fan base would be happy.

Have you seen our lines play?

milkman
10-25-2009, 11:56 AM

JFC

:banghead:

beer bacon
10-25-2009, 12:00 PM
I am sure a safety will be a great boon when our d-line and o-line is getting blown off the line of scrimmage every play.

Mecca
10-25-2009, 12:02 PM
Threads like this always reveal who the dumbasses are, always a good showing.

Brock
10-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Keep drafting linemen, it seems to be working great.

BossChief
JFC

:banghead:

Does what I say bother you that much?

If it does, I suggest the ignore function.

This is a message board and people wont always agree with others opinions.

DeezNutz
At least the Jackson selection solidified our D line.

milkman
10-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Does what I say bother you that much?

If it does, I suggest the ignore function.

This is a message board and people wont always agree with others opinions.

I'm in a pissed off mood today, and don't feel like making the same damn points overe, and over again, to you dumbasses, so I'm in full asshole mode.

I have never used ignore, and your dumbass isn't even close to getting me to use it now.

BossChief
10-25-2009, 12:30 PM
I'm in a pissed off mood today, and don't feel like making the same damn points overe, and over again, to you dumbasses, so I'm in full asshole mode.

I have never used ignore, and your dumbass isn't even close to getting me to use it now.

just cause you say something 10000000 times doesnt mean everyone is gonna agree with you.

Even if you call names and whatever.

whatever makes you feel better.

beer bacon
10-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Keep drafting linemen, it seems to be working great.

If we can't build a good O-line and D-line then nothing else matters. Sorry, but pointing out our poor history with drating d-linemen doesn't change the fact that the lines are by far the most important units of a football team. If we can't build good lines then we are at a non-starter for a good team. QBs, safeties, linebackers, RBs, or any other position will never reach their full potential without some big fatties to keep the pressure off them. It would suck to pay a rookie safety 60 million when he won't have a chance to fulfill his potential.

Mecca
10-25-2009, 12:40 PM
I'm sure Kelly Gregg is more important than Ed Reed.

The Bad Guy
10-25-2009, 12:42 PM

There's no hope for you.

chiefs1111
10-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Mike Brown,what an awesome pick up he is

chiefs1111
10-25-2009, 12:43 PM
If Berry and Mays are there when the Chiefs pick in the draft and they pass on both of them im gonna lose my freaking mind

beer bacon
Mays won't be any good anyways. Berry looks like the next Reed.

The Bad Guy

I'd punch my grandmother in the face if the Chiefs took Dez Bryant.

Where is Suh going to play? He's not a NT.

Taking Suh would be just about the dumbest fucking thing.

The Bad Guy
10-25-2009, 12:44 PM

that was easy

Yes, because this draft is strictly for next year.

Find a fucking clue, please.

beer bacon
10-25-2009, 12:45 PM
I'd punch my grandmother in the face if the Chiefs took Dez Bryant.

Where is Suh going to play? He's not a NT.

Taking Suh would be just about the dumbest ****ing thing.

I am beginning to think that switching to the 3-4 was the dumbest fucking thing. There aren't just two or three teams running the 3-4, and we are screwed if we can't find a good NT. The problem is that a half dozen other teams are looking for a good 3-4 NT as well.

dirk digler
10-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Mays won't be any good anyways. Berry looks like the next Reed.

here here :D

Mecca
10-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Taylor Mays isn't going to be any good?

Yea like those USC defenders recently drafted right? Oh shit...

HemiEd
10-25-2009, 12:49 PM
Mike Brown needs to go.

dirk digler
10-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Taylor Mays isn't going to be any good?

Yea like those USC defenders recently drafted right? Oh shit...

Oh be quiet you USC homer

BigChiefFan
10-25-2009, 01:07 PM
Yea, our WRs are stellar, too. We certainly wouldn't want to upgrade with one of the best WR prospects in years, would we? How dare someone offer a differing opinion. Sucks you would hit your grandma.

The shit fits are epic around here these days. Same old shit, different day.

Mr. Laz
10-25-2009, 01:08 PM
Jon McGrawesome > Mays/Beery

DeezNutz
10-25-2009, 01:13 PM
Yea, our WRs are stellar, too. We certainly wouldn't want to upgrade with one of the best WR prospects in years, would we? How dare someone offer a differing opinion. Sucks you would hit your grandma.

The shit fits are epic around here these days. Same old shit, different day.

Who fits this description in this draft class?

SNR
10-25-2009, 01:31 PM
I'm amazed how retarded people can be.

Does our offensive line need help? Yes.
Do we need to draft some help this year? Yes.
Do we need to use a fucking top 5 pick on one fucking position on the line? NO.

We have 8 goddamn picks in the first 5 rounds. How about we get the players that are impossible to find ANYWHERE ELSE in the draft in the top half, and then use the back half of our picks to add depth and potential talent on the positions?

God damn it. We have two second rounders. We can potentially draft the best guard in the draft and still get a fantastic pass-rusher with our second 2nd rounder.

Think of the possibilities, people. Just think instead of masturbating and saying, "BUHHHHH BUT WE SUCK ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE AND CAN'T RUSH THE PASSER!!!!!! USE OUR TOP 5 PICK TO FIX IT!!!"

SNR
10-25-2009, 01:33 PM

The shit fits are epic around here these days. Same old shit, different day.You can make this case for ANY position on this goddamn team.

And you're really giving Bryant more credit than he deserves. I'd actually call Crabtree a better pro than Bryant.

DeezNutz
10-25-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm amazed how retarded people can be.

Does our offensive line need help? Yes.
Do we need to draft some help this year? Yes.
Do we need to use a ****ing top 5 pick on one ****ing position on the line? NO.

We have 8 goddamn picks in the first 5 rounds. How about we get the players that are impossible to find ANYWHERE ELSE in the draft in the top half, and then use the back half of our picks to add depth and potential talent on the positions?

God damn it. We have two second rounders. We can potentially draft the best guard in the draft and still get a fantastic pass-rusher with our second 2nd rounder.

Think of the possibilities, people. Just think instead of masturbating and saying, "BUHHHHH BUT WE SUCK ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE AND CAN'T RUSH THE PASSER!!!!!! USE OUR TOP 5 PICK TO FIX IT!!!"

I agree completely. OT in the top 3 it is.

RedThat
10-25-2009, 02:10 PM
It could happen, it could not.

I agree, the safeties on this team suck, but, the Chiefs have way too many holes to address. I think it's gonna come down to the best player available imo.