PDA

View Full Version : Life Anyone else fought an illness recently?

Mosbonian
10-25-2009, 11:34 AM
I've been fighting something for the last week...it started with vomiting and diarhhea last Sat and Sun....then turned into a nasty respiratory battle. I was without a voice on Wed & Thu and finally had a cough-less night last evening.

I know as you get older illnesses affect you more, and sometimes it's harder to recuperate, but damn this one has really kicked my butt.

Anyone else?

mmaddog

cdcox
10-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Good chance it was H1N1.

http://www.h1n1-symptoms.org/5/is-it-h1n1swine-flu-or-the-regular-flu/#more-5

Bwana
10-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Damn mmaddog, I hope you are about over it. Sorry to hear you are that sick dude.

Baconeater
10-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Came down with a cold almost two weeks ago, it started with the usual sore throat, then intense sinus pressure for a couple days, and then it moved into my chest and I can't seem to shake it, I've had a lingering cough for almost a week now. I blame the shitty weather we've been having, we went straight from summer to winter.

JuicesFlowing
10-25-2009, 11:48 AM
The only sickness I ever deal with is a cold that lasts 5 weeks, generally get it in January.

crispystl420
10-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Came down with a cold almost two weeks ago, it started with the usual sore throat, then intense sinus pressure for a couple days, and then it moved into my chest and I can't seem to shake it, I've had a lingering cough for almost a week now. I blame the shitty weather we've been having, we went straight from summer to winter.

I had the same thing. I've had it for about 6 weeks now. I am finally better but can't get rid of the cough. I'm pretty sure it must have been swine flu.

Mosbonian
10-25-2009, 11:54 AM
Good chance it was H1N1.

http://www.h1n1-symptoms.org/5/is-it-h1n1swine-flu-or-the-regular-flu/#more-5

I was pretty sure it was too....but my test came back as inconclusive. Doesn't mean it wasn't according to my Dr.

But it sure felt like i had one foot in the grave.

mmaddog

Mosbonian
10-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Damn mmaddog, I hope you are about over it. Sorry to hear you are that sick dude.

Today is the first day I actually feel decent....I might have felt better yesterday but I subjected myself to watching MU, KU and NU yesterday and i think that caused a temporary relapse.:)

mmaddog

jAZ
10-25-2009, 11:57 AM
My boy was sent home with a fever the other day and the Doc said they are pretty sure it's the flu.

They said ALL flu right now is H1N1.

Those symptoms sound like you probably have it.

Both the son and the wife seem to have it now.

Skip Towne
10-25-2009, 11:57 AM
I refuse to get sick.

RJ
10-25-2009, 11:58 AM
I don't know many people who haven't been fighting an illness lately. There are three types of flu going around plus all the usual stuff we get when the kids go back to school and the seasons change.

RJ
10-25-2009, 12:00 PM
My boy was sent home with a fever the other day and the Doc said they are pretty sure it's the flu.

They said ALL flu right now is H1N1.

Those symptoms sound like you probably have it.

Both the son and the wife seem to have it now.

There is H1N1, some seasonal flu and something called para-influenza, which I had never heard of but which was diagnosed for one of the kids in my daughter's first grade class after testing by the state medical examiner - they were checking her for H1N1.

chiefbowe82
10-25-2009, 12:01 PM
Tuesday Night had a terrible headache, wednesday nose ran like crazy high fever, thursday high fever and cough, friday till now feelin back to myself

Baconeater
10-25-2009, 12:01 PM
I had the same thing. I've had it for about 6 weeks now. I am finally better but can't get rid of the cough. I'm pretty sure it must have been swine flu.
:eek: This shit better not hang around for four more weeks.

Today is the first day I actually feel decent....I might have felt better yesterday but I subjected myself to watching MU, KU and NU yesterday and i think that caused a temporary relapse.:)

mmaddog
Yeah, the suckass trifecta yesterday didn't help me at all either.

Mosbonian
10-25-2009, 12:05 PM

I'm with Bugeater...if what I had lasted 6 weeks, I'm not so sure I wouldn't ask the wife to end it mercifully for me.

mmaddog

crispystl420
10-25-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm with Bugeater...if what I had lasted 6 weeks, I'm not so sure I wouldn't ask the wife to end it mercifully for me.

mmaddog

Dude trust me it sucked. The thing is I had it for so long I almost got used to it.

BigOlChiefsfan
10-25-2009, 12:30 PM
I'm fighting off a variation of the '6 week bug' it seems. FWIW, using a neti pot seems to help me. YMMV, of course. Like they say about home-made shotguns "Crude, but effective".

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/sinus-pain-pressure-9/neti-pots

jAZ
10-25-2009, 12:45 PM
There is H1N1, some seasonal flu and something called para-influenza, which I had never heard of but which was diagnosed for one of the kids in my daughter's first grade class after testing by the state medical examiner - they were checking her for H1N1.

It's entirely possible she was only talking about Tucson when saying 100% of the flu was H1N1.

HemiEd
10-25-2009, 01:00 PM
Sounds like the same crap that happened to me last Sunday after golf. Very intense soar throat, now a week later my chest feels like it is full of flim.

Didn't miss any work though, but it was a miserable week.

bowener
10-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Does general apathy or malaise for my everyday life count as an ailment or illness? I've been fighting that for a while.

Mosbonian
10-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Sounds like the same crap that happened to me last Sunday after golf. Very intense soar throat, now a week later my chest feels like it is full of flim.

Didn't miss any work though, but it was a miserable week.

I never get to miss work because I am sick....I have a laptop and telecommute when not in the office. I was working between coughing fits and bouts of chills/sweats.

Even when I had no voice on Wed & Thu I still had to be on conference calls and when they wanted answers from me I had to type my comments and my Admin would pass them on.

mmaddog

gblowfish
10-25-2009, 01:46 PM
I stayed home from the Chiefs game. I feel a little better today, but still have a bad cold. Good thing I didn't go out to sit in the rain and watch us get our ass kicked.

Mosbonian
10-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Great...now my daughter has started exhibitng the same symptoms that I did.

Everyone will blame me....

mmaddog