PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Cassel is really our best QB?

Pages : [1] 2

Silock
10-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Even when he gets time, he's not that accurate.

chiefzilla1501
10-25-2009, 01:04 PM

Give me a break.

He's had 3 throws where he wasn't being hit by a defender within 3 seconds.

He looks uncomfortable in the pocket. And 90% of QBs would be.

The Chargers have a shitty defensive line and our offensive line is making them all look like pro bowlers.

DeezNutz
10-25-2009, 01:05 PM
This is going to go over well...

milkman
10-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Give me a break.

The Chargers have a shitty defensive line and our offensive line is making them all look like pro bowlers.

You're making excuses, and you are full of shit.

He has sucked ass today.

No fucking excuses can cover that up.

Silock
10-25-2009, 01:07 PM
Give me a break.

I'm not disputing that our line sucks. I'm simply saying that even when he has time to throw, he's been disappointing.

Brock
10-25-2009, 01:08 PM
I'm not disputing that our line sucks. I'm simply saying that even when he has time to throw, he's been disappointing.

HOW DARE YOU

DeezNutz
10-25-2009, 01:11 PM

He only has time on 2.7% of all pass plays and 98.2% of all QBs would struggle under such conditions.

Count Alex's Losses
10-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Cassel is garbage today.

It's pretty sad.

Did you see him come up short on that EASY throw to Bowe?

What was that underthrown crap to Lance Penis?

GET IT IN GEAR SPACE MAN

Bane
10-25-2009, 01:13 PM
Cassel is garbage today.

It's pretty sad.

FINALLY!!!!!!!:clap:

Silock
10-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Okay, that was a good throw to Lance.

2bikemike
10-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Well look who's next in line. Even if Broky Croyle were more acurate he would be broken after 1 quarter. He has never won a game as a Chief

Cassel is going to give us the best chance.

stlchiefs
10-25-2009, 01:24 PM
I've yet to be impressed yet this season. Haven't seen the $60 million value yet.

L.A. Chieffan
10-25-2009, 01:25 PM
dont worry...tebow will be here soon

Bane
10-25-2009, 01:29 PM
dont worry...tebow will be here soon

If that hapens the server will implode!!!ROFL

2bikemike
10-25-2009, 01:34 PM
I've yet to be impressed yet this season. Haven't seen the $60 million value yet.

And you will not see it this year. Until he can sit in the pocket and work. My worry is he will always have happy feet after working with this line.

Deberg_1990
10-25-2009, 01:35 PM
I wouldnt be opposed to seeing Croyle start the 2nd half. Haley needs to hold ALL POSITIONS accountable.

JD10367

You all talk about it as if he got $60M for a season.

As far as QB salaries go, he actually wasn't that bad.

Hell, Dirty Sanchez got that much without taking an NFL snap... how's he looking?

Yes, Cassel hasn't looked great at times. But, as has been pointed out, he's getting little time to work with. On a QB scale of 1 to 10, sometimes he's a 7 or 8, other times he might be a 6. But your O-line is usually around a 2, which ain't helping him any.

I said it before and I'll say it again: QB is not the problem for the Chiefs right now. They need more talent just about everywhere across the board on both O and D.

chiefzilla1501
You're making excuses, and you are full of shit.

He has sucked ass today.

No ****ing excuses can cover that up.

I will continue to make excuses.

Before that last drive, I counted about 2-3 passes where Cassel wasn't harassed within 3 seconds. He's got to be better when he has time, but when you have no faith in your line, that's exactly what happens.

If any of you have DVR, I want you to go ahead and watch the last drive. Watch the protection. Clean pocket. No DTs being pushed in his face. Cassel looks like an entirely different QB.

It's not an excuse when it's true. Cassel needs to play better, but today is one of the worst games I've seen from the Chiefs from a pass protection standpoint. And that's really sad, considering how low the bar was.

Count Alex's Losses
10-25-2009, 01:36 PM
I wouldnt be opposed to seeing Croyle start the 2nd half. Haley needs to hold ALL POSITIONS accountable.

I would argue Cassel did enough on that FAIL field goal drive to stick for at least another series or two.

But I wouldn't hesitate to yank him if they stay in neutral.

That was a nice throw to Lance Penis, though.

stlchiefs
10-25-2009, 01:36 PM
And you will not see it this year. Until he can sit in the pocket and work. My worry is he will always have happy feet after working with this line.

Yeah, he has already found his happy feet just 1/2 a season with this line. The guy doesn't know what to do when you actually has time and just starts to feel phantom pressure. Not a good thing.

chiefzilla1501
10-25-2009, 01:39 PM
Yeah, he has already found his happy feet just 1/2 a season with this line. The guy doesn't know what to do when you actually has time and just starts to feel phantom pressure. Not a good thing.

That happens to almost every pocket QB. Philip Rivers has done the same thing many times when he's played the Chiefs in the past. Even when people talk about "phantom pressure" there's still a DT or two being pushed into his throw. Hard to step into your throw when there's a DT in your throwing motion.

I will continue to make excuses until I see a consistently well-protected o-line. It's an unreasonable expectation to expect a QB to not get happy feet when your o-line blows about 80% of your pass plays within 3 seconds.

JD10367
10-25-2009, 01:40 PM
I would argue Cassel did enough on that FAIL field goal drive to stick for at least another series or two.

But I wouldn't hesitate to yank him if they stay in neutral.

That was a nice throw to Lance Penis, though.

You Chiefs fans need to get this out of your head. It ain't gonna happen. Cassel would have to throw 6 picks and be the sole cause for the team losing for that to happen... and he'd have to do that, like, three weeks in a row. It's not like they have a hot rookie in the wings or something. Whether you like it or not, Cassel's there to stay, at least for this season and probably half of next. Pioli and Haley will never bench him, when the talent around him is obviously bad and contributing to the problems. (It's not like, say, Cleveland even, where the team has played very well for stretches but the QB was awful. Or Tennessee, where the team has inexplicably looked awful even though they are talented and did well last year.)

JD10367
10-25-2009, 01:42 PM

He looked pretty good with New England last season. And Randy Moss wasn't a big reason. Cassel knows what to do. He just needs more time to do it, and more quality guys to catch it.

Again, he's not perfect. That happens. Today, Tom Brady has made two incredibly bad boneheaded passes, both for INTs, one of them in the end zone. Doesn't mean he's an awful QB or he's getting benched.

I guarantee you that Croyle would not be doing any better with that offense. Neither would Thigpen. And both might be doing even worse, if that's possible.

JuicesFlowing
10-25-2009, 01:46 PM
I'm so sure Croyle would have had 2 TDs and 150 yards by now. No, not really Yes, Cassel is our best QB, and he deserves even more praise behind this shitty O-line.

milkman
10-25-2009, 01:47 PM
That happens to almost every pocket QB. Philip Rivers has done the same thing many times when he's played the Chiefs in the past. Even when people talk about "phantom pressure" there's still a DT or two being pushed into his throw. Hard to step into your throw when there's a DT in your throwing motion.

I will continue to make excuses until I see a consistently well-protected o-line. It's an unreasonable expectation to expect a QB to not get happy feet when your o-line blows about 80% of your pass plays within 3 seconds.

You go ahead and continue to make excuses, and Ill go ahead and continue to tell you that you're full of shit.

milkman
10-25-2009, 01:49 PM
He looked pretty good with New England last season. And Randy Moss wasn't a big reason. Cassel knows what to do. He just needs more time to do it, and more quality guys to catch it.

Again, he's not perfect. That happens. Today, Tom Brady has made two incredibly bad boneheaded passes, both for INTs, one of them in the end zone. Doesn't mean he's an awful QB or he's getting benched.

I guarantee you that Croyle would not be doing any better with that offense. Neither would Thigpen. And both might be doing even worse, if that's possible.

At the end of the fucking day, it doesn't fucking matter.

Cassel is sucking ass, period.

You can go ahead anf tell us how things would be different, but until I see him play well, from under center, and make good throws more than a couple of times a game when he has time, he is just a QB that played well with a lot of talent that is sucking ass now.

I want to see some fklashes, and I'm not seeing any.

Phobia
10-25-2009, 01:50 PM
Patience. Playing QB is all about rhythm and timing. If you can't get comfortable back there you can't develop any rhythm at all - even when you do get sufficient time every once in a while.

Remember how awful Green looked in year 1?

JD10367
10-25-2009, 01:51 PM
At the end of the ****ing day, it doesn't ****ing matter.

You can go ahead anf tell us how things would be different, but until I see him play well, from under center, and make good throws more than a couple of times a game when he has time, he is just a QB that played well with a lot of talent that is sucking ass now.

You oversimplify it. Because it suits your viewpoint. You have already decided that Cassel sucks and wasn't worth signing, and that Pioli and Haley are morons. You refuse to look at the fact that the other 52 guys pretty much suck balls.

Has Haley coached great? No. Has Cassel played great? No. But they're not the problem in KC.

Trust me, if you had Peyton Manning, he wouldn't be looking much better.

Deberg_1990
10-25-2009, 01:52 PM

Yea, guys were jumping the gun and calling him TrINT and everything. :)

chris
10-25-2009, 01:54 PM

This is really a stupid thread.

Cassel is playing as well as he can with the tools he has.

Move on.

DaneMcCloud
10-25-2009, 01:56 PM

If you throw 24 interceptions, I'm pretty sure you deserve anything that comes your way.

If Trent Green is Cassel's upside, the Chiefs are screwed.

Phobia

I'm still not a huge fan. He turned out to be a good game manager though. Still blows my mind that CP gave up a first for him when we were the ONLY suitors.

Silock
Patience. Playing QB is all about rhythm and timing. If you can't get comfortable back there you can't develop any rhythm at all - even when you do get sufficient time every once in a while.

I don't think he SUCKS. I'm just pointing out that he's not really that accurate. I read all these stories about being pushed at every position. Is Cassel not being pushed, and if not, I guess that really does make him our best QB.

Deberg_1990
10-25-2009, 01:57 PM
If you throw 24 interceptions, I'm pretty sure you deserve anything that comes your way.

That was a joke to Phil. He coined the "TrINT" phrase.

Phobia
10-25-2009, 02:00 PM
I don't think he SUCKS. I'm just pointing out that he's not really that accurate. I read all these stories about being pushed at every position. Is Cassel not being pushed, and if not, I guess that really does make him our best QB.

That rule doesn't apply to players in whom the Chiefs are heavily invested. That shouldn't be surprising to anybody. They've given up oodles of money and draft picks for the guy. He's going to play.

Silock
10-25-2009, 02:04 PM
That rule doesn't apply to players in whom the Chiefs are heavily invested. That shouldn't be surprising to anybody. They've given up oodles of money and draft picks for the guy. He's going to play.

Seems hypocritical. The organization is preaching "team" and trying to hold everyone equally accountable, except when they don't want to. Meh, it is what it is. I just don't agree with it. Treat everyone the same, even if one is making millions and the other is making league minimum.

chiefzilla1501
10-25-2009, 02:04 PM
At the end of the ****ing day, it doesn't ****ing matter.

I think that asking a QB to do more with 30% of clean snaps than a QB who gets 70% of clean snaps is not an excuse, but a justifiable reason. Especially when the 70% of poor snaps make you antsy on the 30% of the clean ones.

Count Alex's Losses
10-25-2009, 02:07 PM
Looked pretty accurate on that drive.

Good job.

Phobia
10-25-2009, 02:07 PM
Seems hypocritical. The organization is preaching "team" and trying to hold everyone equally accountable, except when they don't want to. Meh, it is what it is. I just don't agree with it. Treat everyone the same, even if one is making millions and the other is making league minimum.
Of course it's hypocritical. But when a game becomes more about money than the game you're going to have that. Money is destroying this sport.

milkman
10-25-2009, 02:08 PM
I think that asking a QB to do more with 30% of clean snaps than a QB who gets 70% of clean snaps is not an excuse, but a justifiable reason. Especially when the 70% of poor snaps make you antsy on the 30% of the clean ones.

You think?

There's your problem.

milkman
10-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Wide open.

Missed by a mile.

Phobia
10-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Wide open.

Missed by a mile.

x2

HemiEd
2 bad passes in a row

stlchiefs
wow this is BAD!

Silock
10-25-2009, 02:10 PM
Of course it's hypocritical. But when a game becomes more about money than the game you're going to have that. Money is destroying this sport.

Next year should be a blast, then.

Count Alex's Losses
He just shit the bed. It should be 20-14.

Tyler Thigpen is laughing.

carlos3652
it is pouring rain.... :popcorn:

Count Alex's Losses
10-25-2009, 02:11 PM
it is pouring rain....

Make excuses in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first.

Phobia
I thought it was Tyler Thigpen out there overthrowing by 8 yards.

Bane
Guess here we go with the come back in the 3rd and 4th and piss it away with 20 seconds left.....

milkman
10-25-2009, 02:12 PM
I'm just being an asshole.

Would you guys stop agreeing with me.

Only one thing worse than an asshole.

An asshole that's right.

chiefzilla1501
10-25-2009, 02:12 PM
You think?

There's your problem.

I thought it was pretty much common sense.

Now, on that last drive, no excuse for that. Two poor passes.

stlchiefs
10-25-2009, 02:13 PM
He just shit the bed. It should be 20-14.

Tyler Thigpen is laughing.

Thigpen continued his impressive play the following week in the Chiefs' 2019 loss to the San Diego Chargers, completing 27-of-41 passes for 266 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions.[44] That gave him six touchdown passes and no turnovers in his previous three games.[44]

The following week against the Chargers, Thigpen was 19-of-38 for 171 yards with two touchdowns.[50] Thigpen's first touchdown in the game (to Dwayne Bowe) gave the Chiefs a 140 lead over the Chargers, and his second touchdown (rushed in from 3 yards out) gave Kansas City a 213 lead in the third quarter.[50] The Chiefs had a 2110 lead with 1:19 remaining the game, but allowed two touchdowns and lost the Chargers 2221.[50]

EyePod
Give me a break. He's had 3 throws where he wasn't being hit by a defender within 3 seconds. He looks uncomfortable in the pocket. And 90% of QBs would be. The Chargers have a shitty defensive line and our offensive line is making them all look like pro bowlers. he was the most sacked qb last year in NE and he didnt seem phased. he should not have gotten that deal
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
I thought it was Tyler Thigpen out there overthrowing by 8 yards.

Wrong. He would have underthrown it by 8 yards.

EyePod
10-25-2009, 02:20 PM
Yeah, he has already found his happy feet just 1/2 a season with this line. The guy doesn't know what to do when you actually has time and just starts to feel phantom pressure. Not a good thing. this is the thing i dont like. he just cant seem to make great throwing decisions. he even threw it poorly to the wide open wade. he is not worth 60 mil period.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bane
10-25-2009, 02:21 PM
Cassel cep.......never mind.....:cuss:

carlos3652
10-25-2009, 02:22 PM
wow rivers is horrible, missed open vincent jackson by 10 yards...

DeezNutz
10-25-2009, 02:24 PM
wow rivers is horrible, missed open vincent jackson by 10 yards...

LMAO.

Casselception.

carlos3652
10-25-2009, 02:25 PM
this is the thing i dont like. he just cant seem to make great throwing decisions. he even threw it poorly to the wide open wade. he is not worth 60 mil period.
Posted via Mobile Device

How is he worth 60 million? Drew bledsoe wasnt worth 103 Million dollars in 2001? How is this any different...?

He is worth 28 M for 2 years.... he was already getting paid 14 M this year... its like we franchised for his second year already...

carlos3652
10-25-2009, 02:26 PM
LMAO.

Casselception.

haha...

EyePod
10-25-2009, 02:26 PM
LMAO. Casselception. he should get benched. no question now.
Posted via Mobile Device

stlchiefs
10-25-2009, 02:27 PM
He overthrows guys we have open, can't seem to lead them so they can stay in bounds and now an INT that was his fault.

wild1
10-25-2009, 02:27 PM
Meh. He's been pretty efficient to this point in the year. That was a bad interception, but it just looks like one of those days.

EyePod
10-25-2009, 02:28 PM
How is he worth 60 million? Drew bledsoe wasnt worth 103 Million dollars in 2001? How is this any different...? He is worth 28 M for 2 years.... he was already getting paid 14 M this year... its like we franchised for his second year already... fine. we shouldnt have franchised him twice. hes not worth it.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
Look, Cassel might be the answer, eventually.

But, today, he's been fucking terrible.

doomy3
Terrible game by Cassel today, no question about it.

Missed a ton of wide open receivers that could have made the game a lot different.

Of course, Long should have caught the ball before half for a TD as well. And one of the INTs bounced right off Ryan's hands.

Still, an absolutely horrible showing by Cassel.

-King-
Maybe all of our defensive plays should come from goal line.

carlos3652
10-25-2009, 02:30 PM
fine. we shouldnt have franchised him twice. hes not worth it.
Posted via Mobile Device

i dont disagree, but its not like we are hurting for money..... (cap wise)

chiefzilla1501
10-25-2009, 02:31 PM
I'll admit when I'm wrong. Cassel has had much better protection and has not done well. He needs to do much better than this.

carlos3652
10-25-2009, 02:31 PM

But, today, he's been ****ing terrible.

I agree...

Bane
10-25-2009, 02:32 PM
Maybe all of our defensive plays should come from goal line.

Hell yeah!!!ROFL

DeezNutz
10-25-2009, 02:34 PM
Casselception.

carlos3652
10-25-2009, 02:35 PM
wow....

Easy 6

But, today, he's been ****ing terrible.

memyselfI
Bad day, for Matt. I hope he can shake it off.

stlchiefs
10-25-2009, 02:36 PM
He released that ball before he was hit. Yeah there was pressure coming, but you can't say the hit caused the ball to go where it did.

DeezNutz
10-25-2009, 02:36 PM
23.3 QB rating for Matt Leaf. /parody of rookie QB bashing posts/

carlos3652
10-25-2009, 02:38 PM
He released that ball before he was hit. Yeah there was pressure coming, but you can't say the hit caused the ball to go where it did.

I think it slipped out of his hands...

Edit: Gates just dropped a td in the EZ.... its getting tough out there...

Bane
10-25-2009, 02:41 PM

Matt Leaf...Goddamn...ROFL
rep

stlchiefs
10-25-2009, 02:41 PM
I think it slipped out of his hands...

Edit: Gates just dropped a td in the EZ.... its getting tough out there...

Wife would have killed me if that was caught. I'm playing her in FF today, she's in 1st and I'm in 5th and beating her by 20 points already. I have both Rivers and Gates, that would have been huge for me! :D

DeezNutz
10-25-2009, 02:42 PM
He's a rookie.

We have to be patient. Give him time.

Phobia
10-25-2009, 02:42 PM

Scott Mitchell.

DeezNutz
10-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Scott Mitchell.

No, no. Cassel is a rookie.

n00bs have to develop.

DeezNutz
10-25-2009, 02:44 PM
Sackel.

Bane
10-25-2009, 02:45 PM
Sackel.
ROFL

Now thats great....

memyselfI
10-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Well, at least it's not just Cassel.

memyselfI
10-25-2009, 02:48 PM
I wonder if the folks still there have bad marriages and would rather stay in the rain and watch their team get trounced than go home to the wife. :hmmm:

TRR
10-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Cassel is pressing...

He's shaky in the pocket because he gets zero time to throw. When he does, his WRs tend to drop it. So he aims the ball and has to do so before he gets drilled.

This TEAM is awful. It has nothing to do with Cassel. Its the entire team.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
10-25-2009, 02:50 PM
I wonder if the folks still there have bad marriages and would rather stay in the rain and watch their team get trounced than go home to the wife. :hmmm:

Your husband's at the game?

Tribal Warfare
10-25-2009, 02:50 PM
It has nothing to do with Cassel.

Are fucking kidding me, he IS part of the problem he has had three reads that could've been INTs besides the ones picked while with no pressure

DeezNutz
10-25-2009, 02:52 PM

http://bunny999.up.seesaa.net/image/ouch.jpg

RedThat
10-25-2009, 02:52 PM
Get him protection. Bottomline.

*Any QB would fail behind this offensive line.

DeezNutz
10-25-2009, 02:54 PM
He's had opportunities, with protection, today and been miserable. Let's not spin this shit differently.

The dude has flat out fucking sucked today.

dirk digler
10-25-2009, 02:54 PM
http://bunny999.up.seesaa.net/image/ouch.jpg

LMAO

LMAO

OWNED

Brock
10-25-2009, 02:55 PM
He looked completely unprepared today. No excuses, he stunk the joint up.

RedThat
10-25-2009, 02:56 PM
He's had opportunities, with protection, today and been miserable. Let's not spin this shit differently.

The dude has flat out ****ing sucked today.

Yes he has. QB's do have bad games. It's more of a confidence issue. He needs better people around him to succeed.

memyselfI
10-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Pretty empty now.

memyselfI
10-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Hope Matt is just sitting for the rest of the game and not longer.

Tribal Warfare
10-25-2009, 02:59 PM
He needs better people around him to succeed.

He had his chances to succeed but didn't take it, plain and simple Cassel had multiple chances to give KC a fighting chance but failed to deliver.

Sure-Oz
10-25-2009, 03:01 PM

The dude has flat out ****ing sucked today.

He played like Mike Jacobs

Pioli Zombie
10-25-2009, 03:02 PM
This is like a political thread. The Sanchez lovers all say he sucks. The Cassel supporters say its the supporting cast. Its a shockah.
Not everything is about the qb.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
10-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Actually, pretty much everybody is saying he sucked today. Because he sucked today.

DeezNutz
10-25-2009, 03:03 PM
This is like a political thread. The Sanchez lovers all say he sucks. The Cassel supporters say its the supporting cast. Its a shockah.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cassel just threw a fit.

It was picked off.

DeezNutz
10-25-2009, 03:04 PM
He played like Mike Jacobs

Struck out, huh? LMAO.

Royals, FTMFW.

Tribal Warfare
10-25-2009, 03:05 PM

So he's totally absolved from this game and can do no wrong?

The guy had time to throw, and chances to put KC in place where they could've had a chance to win but he failed.

RedThat
10-25-2009, 03:05 PM
He had his chances to succeed but didn't take it, plain and simple Cassel had multiple chances to give KC a fighting chance but failed to deliver.

Like I said, it has to be a confidence issue. I don't think it's fair to place all the blame on him. I do think he was part of the reason for this loss, but, the offensive line in front of him can't block if their lives depended on it. Get better people around him period. He's being fed to the wolves. Get some good quality lineman that he can believe in. And I bet he'll perform a lot better.

KCChiefsMan
10-25-2009, 03:06 PM
the only player in the history of the world that could do anything with this o-line is Barry Sanders

DeezNutz

The guy had time to throw, and chances to put KC in place where they could've had a chance to win but he failed.

He had two 400-yard games last season.

He's a proven commodity.

Baby Lee
25.3 will get ya' $60M

Rain Man
Boy, this was certainly Cassel's worst day ever. Those bad passes to start the second quarter were painful, and the interceptions were bizarrely inexplicable. I'm wondering if he just had a bad day or if he has problems playing in rain.

milkman
10-25-2009, 03:08 PM
the only player in the history of the world that could do anything with this o-line is Barry Sanders

Ever hear of Fran Tarkenton?

How about Walter Payton.

How about John Elway?

Mecca
10-25-2009, 03:09 PM
Matt Cassel takes way to many sacks and if anyone gets close to him he starts running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Pioli Zombie
10-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Cassel just threw a fit.

It was picked off.

He's got a long way to go before he sucks shit like Sanchez.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
10-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Wow, he's marginally better than a rookie with a handful of starts. He's super-duper.

chiefs1111
10-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Matt Cassel played like absolute shit today,needs to get it the fuck together

Count Alex's Losses
Garbage. Garbage. Garbage.

Complete regression by the entire team today apart from a couple of bright spots from the run defense.

Pioli Zombie

Did I say that? Read the post again. He was bad today. The players around him were worse. Address that. Cassel has proven that when he has some help he's damn good.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
He's got a long way to go before he sucks shit like Sanchez.
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO.

RedThat
10-25-2009, 03:13 PM

How about Walter Payton.

How about John Elway?

You're talking about players with special talents and capabilities. Let's not go that far.

Pioli Zombie
10-25-2009, 03:14 PM

How about Walter Payton.

How about John Elway?

Oh God not this bullshit again. The Broncos OL was NEVER as bad as this Chiefs crap line.
Posted via Mobile Device

orange
The 49ers were down 21 today.

They changed QBs.

The team that couldn't do anything scored 3 TDs in the second half.

hmmmm.

Mecca
Wow, he's marginally better than a rookie with a handful of starts. He's super-duper.

It's really something to be proud of.

TRR
10-25-2009, 03:15 PM
Are fucking kidding me, he IS part of the problem he has had three reads that could've been INTs besides the ones picked while with no pressure

No I'm not fucking kidding retard. He has NO time to throw the ball. It all starts with the O Line. Until they can show ANY consistency, Cassel will never be consistent. Same goes for the WR's inability to catch the ball.

Did Cassel play bad today? Absolutely. But it all stems from a bad O Line and WRs that drop passes. He is now feeling phantom pressure and tries to throw the perfect ball everytime because of the drops.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
10-25-2009, 03:15 PM
Oh God not this bullshit again. The Broncos OL was NEVER as bad as this Chiefs crap line.
Posted via Mobile Device

STFU dumbass.

I am not talking about them being great.

I'm talking about guys that have the ability, other than Sanders to not suck behind this line.

Now get back to sucking Scott.

Pioli Zombie
10-25-2009, 03:16 PM
No I'm not fucking kidding retard. He has NO time to throw the ball. It all starts with the O Line. Until they can show ANY consistency, Cassel will never be consistent. Same goes for the WR's inability to catch the ball.

Did Cassel play bad today? Absolutely. But it all stems from a bad O Line and WRs that drop passes. He is now feeling phantom pressure and tries to throw the perfect ball everytime because of the drops.
Posted via Mobile Device

THIS
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
10-25-2009, 03:17 PM
I love it, Cassel looks like balls it's everyone elses fault. Until he's surrounded by pro bowlers he can't be properly judged.

Even though he still can't hit the broad side of a barn when he's trying to throw downfield.

KCChiefsMan

How about Walter Payton.

How about John Elway?

I've heard of them, did walter payton have the worst o-line with the Bears? John Elway is an all time great and can make plays on his own, but I bet he wouldn't do that well with this o-line. I never got the chance to see tarkenton. But I'm pretty sure that Barry Sanders is only player ever that could do well with this crappy o-line that we have.

Baby Lee

Posted via Mobile Device

Guess he can't throw it AND catch it either.

Mecca
10-25-2009, 03:18 PM
Who's fault is it when Jamal Charles is wide open downfield and Cassel just plain misses him?

Or how about that play when Wade was wide open and the throw was so bad he had to make an adjusting toe tap sideline catch?

RedThat
10-25-2009, 03:19 PM
I love it, Cassel looks like balls it's everyone elses fault. Until he's surrounded by pro bowlers he can't be properly judged.

Even though he still can't hit the broad side of a barn when he's trying to throw downfield.

I think it would help if the Chiefs have a good quarterback coach.

milkman
I've heard of them, did walter payton have the worst o-line with the Bears? John Elway is an all time great and can make plays on his own, but I bet he wouldn't do that well with this o-line. I never got the chance to see tarkenton. But I'm pretty sure that Barry Sanders is only player ever that could do well with this crappy o-line that we have.

Fran tarkenton was constantly running for his life, and still made plays.

The Bears O-Line was atrocious when Payton first came into the league.

Elway with his strong arm and escapability could make some plays.

RedThat
Who's fault is it when Jamal Charles is wide open downfield and Cassel just plain misses him?

Or how about that play when Wade was wide open and the throw was so bad he had to make an adjusting toe tap sideline catch?

The weather was bad.

KCChiefsMan

maybe, ok only the most elite players ever could do well on this o-line

Fruit Ninja
He has a crappy online, but he's still inaccurate when he throws the ball 15 plus yards.

suds79
10-25-2009, 03:20 PM

Exactly.

The guy had a horrible game. Plain and simple. The Bobby Wade wheel route where Cassel lead him out of bounds. There wasn't pressure in his face. He flat out missed.

That was a TD.

Pioli Zombie
10-25-2009, 03:20 PM
STFU dumbass.

I am not talking about them being great.

I'm talking about guys that have the ability, other than Sanders to not suck behind this line.

Now get back to sucking Scott.
Exactly when was the last time I praised Scott Pioli? He blew it with the OL and Haley looks like a shit coach. Elway never had to deal with the crap Cassel does. Even bringing up Barry Sanders or Payton doesn't apply to this situation because this Chiefs OL is one of the worst in history.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
10-25-2009, 03:21 PM
The weather was bad.

True.

Cassel jock was also too tight on the left side, thus causing him to overcompensate to the right.

Mecca
The weather was bad.

This is the point we're at, it's never Cassel's fault just cause.

He needs this, this, this, this, so we won't be able to properly judge him till he's 35.

milkman
maybe, ok only the most elite players ever could do well on this o-line

I'm just pointing out that Sanders wasn't the only special player.

Fact is, I'd rather have Payton.

Deberg_1990
I think it would help if the Chiefs have a good quarterback coach.

No. Im thinking Cassel is what he is. Im still baffled they signed him so soon???

I dont think hes awful, but i question what his upside is?? You dont pay that kind of money to guys who are just "ok".

RedThat

Ok, Cassel is not a hall of famer. If that's what you expect out of him, then you need to be more realistic in your goal setting. You're talking about players who are special talents, with special gifts.

chiefs1111
10-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Cassel played like dog shit today plain and simple there is no excuse

DeezNutz

He needs this, this, this, this, so we won't be able to properly judge him till he's 35.

Rookies take time to develop.

Pioli Zombie

You mean like you can't have an opinion on Sanchez because he's only 22?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana
10-25-2009, 03:23 PM
No. Im thinking Cassel is what he is. Im still baffled they signed him so soon???

I dont think hes awful, but i question what his upside is?? You dont pay that kind of money to guys who are just "ok".

I honestly don't know what we have yet. We need some kind of line to know for sure. I'm surprised he's not out for the season with the hits he's taken so far. :shake:

Mecca
10-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Why is Sanchez even being mentioned in this thread?

If this board wasn't lax you'd have been banned by now for being a troll.

Fruit Ninja
10-25-2009, 03:24 PM
The weather was bad.

Weather was bad last week when Tom Brady threw for 5 td's in the 2nd quarter. excuse after excuse after excuse.

Mecca
10-25-2009, 03:24 PM
He makes piss poor throws when he has protection, it'd be one thing if he only had fuck ups when guys were all over him.

Fruit Ninja
10-25-2009, 03:25 PM

They mention him, because they have no ammo for this thread. Sanchez is a damned rookie. Matt Cassel is 27 years old and has been in the league for a while now. To compare in this thread is idiotic

RedThat
10-25-2009, 03:25 PM

Well, the he needs this, this, this part comes from a team point of view. And one can argue that because he doesn't have much around him. Sometimes quarterbacks do perform better with better casts around him. I think Trent Green is evident of that.

dirk digler
10-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Cassel had a bad game. Well actually the whole team had a bad game. They slept walked through the first half

chiefs1111
Weather was bad last week when Tom Brady threw for 5 td's in the 2nd quarter. excuse after excuse after excuse.

exactly,I don't want too hear shit about how the weather was bad. Good QB's know how to adjust to that

milkman
Ok, Cassel is not a hall of famer. If that's what you expect out of him, then you need to be more realistic in your goal setting. You're talking about players who are special talents, with special gifts.

JFC people.

I'm not making a fucking comparison.

I'm pointing out that there were more players than just fucking Barry sanders.

JFC.

Touchdown Bowe
By the time this piss ass o line is fixed, Cassel is gonna be in a full body cast

Rain Man
10-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Cassel's pocket awareness has impressed me more than I thought. He dodged 3 or 4 sacks today where I was sure he was a goner. And his short passes are accurate; he threw several short passes right into the numbers of the guys who dropped them. His long passes today were atrocious, though.

Mecca
10-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Well, the he needs this, this, this part comes from a team point of view. And one can argue that because he doesn't have much around him. Sometimes quarterbacks do perform better with better casts around him. I think Trent Green is evident of that.

If you're praying for another Trent Green this trade is already a loser.

Deberg_1990
10-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Cassel's pocket awareness has impressed me more than I thought. He dodged 3 or 4 sacks today where I was sure he was a goner. And his short passes are accurate; he threw several short passes right into the numbers of the guys who dropped them. His long passes today were atrocious, though.

and that was excactly the scouting report on him coming from NE.

We paid 60mil for a guy who cant throw deep? Nice.

Mecca
10-25-2009, 03:30 PM

His long passes have always been atrocious it's something he sucks at..

I'm actually not a big fan of his pocket awareness. I see a guy who looks at his first read and if it's not there when he hits his back foot he starts scrambling around.

suds79
10-25-2009, 03:32 PM
Man did Cassel play like garbage today.

Anybody who injects a "but" somewhere in there is drinking the Kool-Aid.

"yeah he played bad but the O-line was....."

"yeah not his best game but the weath...."

milkman
10-25-2009, 03:33 PM

I'm actually not a big fan of his pocket awareness. I see a guy who looks at his first read and if it's not there when he hits his back foot he starts scrambling around.

Yeah.

I am not at all impressed with his pocket awareness either.

He often moves before the pocket begins to break down, especially today.

He had good protection at times and just broke out.

Touchdown Bowe
10-25-2009, 03:33 PM
He needs to make faster decisions and get rid of the fucking ball

RedThat
10-25-2009, 03:34 PM
If you're praying for another Trent Green this trade is already a loser.

I disagree. Giving up a 2nd round pick for a guy who can be a solid QB is not a bad trade. He was solid in NE last year. Why? He had a good team around him. And that's what it's all about.

Now, if they gave up a 1st rounder in the top 5 for Cassel then I would say this trade is a loss.

Deberg_1990
10-25-2009, 03:35 PM
I honestly don't know what we have yet. We need some kind of line to know for sure. I'm surprised he's not out for the season with the hits he's taken so far. :shake:

Well i can tell ya right now his upside is not Matt Ryan, Flacco, or Aaron Rodgers.

Its more like Trent Green. Is that the kind of player you want for 60 mil??

Mecca
10-25-2009, 03:35 PM
Yeah.

I am not at all impressed with his pocket awareness either.

He often moves before the pocket begins to break down, especially today.

He had good protection at times and just broke out.

It's like even when he has a pocket he can't properly go through his progressions. If the first read isn't there he starts moving no matter what.

milkman
10-25-2009, 03:37 PM
It's like even when he has a pocket he can't properly go through his progressions. If the first read isn't there he starts moving no matter what.

That's exactly what it is.

JuicesFlowing
10-25-2009, 03:37 PM

Every fucking snap he take the pocket breaks down and he runs for his life and makes plays. Oops, until today. But regardless .... I guess today justifies YOU. Meh.

Mecca
10-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Every fucking snap he take the pocket breaks down and he runs for his life and makes plays. Oops, until today. But regardless .... I guess today justifies YOU. Meh.

You can see what you wanna see but even when the guy has a proper pocket when his first read isn't there his reaction is to run.

RedThat
10-25-2009, 03:42 PM
Every ****ing snap he take the pocket breaks down and he runs for his life and makes plays. Oops, until today. But regardless .... I guess today justifies YOU. Meh.

it's a mental thing. He needs to relax but I can't blame him for being edgy back there. It has to do with the line, you never know when they're gonna break down? he's probably worried and has that bad feel in his mind.

I really think he could also use a quarterback coach as well.

Pioli Zombie
10-25-2009, 03:43 PM

Oh Fuck you, Mecca. Someone disagrees with your "genius" and you are whining like a bitch about mods and trolls?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
10-25-2009, 03:45 PM
No I'm just tired of you constantly posting the same shit over and over, really go fuck off.

Sanchez this and Sanchez that, really, it's fucking old and tiring.

Pioli Zombie
10-25-2009, 03:49 PM
No I'm just tired of you constantly posting the same shit over and over, really go fuck off.

Sanchez this and Sanchez that, really, it's fucking old and tiring.
You harp on the same shit as well. I guess you should be banned.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
10-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Every single one of your posts is something about Mark Sanchez who isn't on this fucking team.

You are a fucking moron.

Tribal Warfare
10-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Every single one of your posts is something about Mark Sanchez who isn't on this fucking team.

You are a fucking moron.

of course he trying to generalize the opposition to him and the Cassel fanboys. It's a method of name smearing.

Pioli Zombie
10-25-2009, 03:53 PM

You are a fucking moron.

Every single one. Just shut the hell up and get back to talking football you woman.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
10-25-2009, 03:55 PM
of course he trying to generalize the opposition to him and the Cassel fanboys. It's a method of name smearing.
Another genius. The one who said the 1986 Broncos had as much talent, minus Elway, as the 2009 Chiefs. NEXT!
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
10-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Lets see you have something to say about Cassel without bringing up Sanchez.

Defend his play today even though it resembled a blown out asshole.

DeezNutz
10-25-2009, 03:59 PM

O-line.

Drops.

Etc.

Tribal Warfare
10-25-2009, 03:59 PM
Another genius. The one who said the 1986 Broncos had as much talent, minus Elway, as the 2009 Chiefs. NEXT!
Posted via Mobile Device

Like I said putting Words in my mouth while comparing Cassel; to Elway in the same post.

Mecca
10-25-2009, 04:00 PM
O-line.

Drops.

Etc.

So what you're telling me is on that deep ball that sailed over a wide open Charles head or on the Wade route with no one on him, one of the linemen really threw that ball, it all makes sense now.

DeezNutz
10-25-2009, 04:02 PM
So what you're telling me is on that deep ball that sailed over a wide open Charles head or on the Wade route with no one on him, one of the linemen really threw that ball, it all makes sense now.

Actually, Sanchez ran on the field and threw all of those poor balls.

Cassel was in on all successful attempts.

Pioli Zombie
10-25-2009, 04:02 PM

I didn't defend it. It was bad. But it shows football ignorance to be constantly harping on the qb play when this team has much, much bigger problems. Pioli dropped the ball on the OL and I've said that before and Haley has looked worse than Herm as a coach. But week after week its the same thing with you guys.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
10-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Are you saying that Sanchez can become white?

What is he trick whitey man?

DeezNutz
10-25-2009, 04:04 PM
Many of today's problems, from an offensive standpoint, stemmed from ineffective QB play.

So, yes, it's appropriate for this to be a focus on this particular day.

Mecca
10-25-2009, 04:06 PM
Cassel is suppose to be "the guy" when he's a main reason the team sucked and he's the one who's suppose to be a key to the teams future, I think it's worth talking about.

Pioli Zombie
Are you saying that Sanchez can become white?

What is he trick whitey man?

Are you losing your mind? Wtf are you blabbering on about?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
I'm sorry you have no sense of humor and didn't read Deez post I was responding to.

Pioli Zombie
10-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Cassel is suppose to be "the guy" when he's a main reason the team sucked and he's the one who's suppose to be a key to the teams future, I think it's worth talking about.
He's the main reason they lost by 30 points? This is why I bring up your boy all the time. When Sanchez was vomiting all over himself and single handidly losing games to the Saints and Bills all you said was "he's 22". And I bring it up because the main reason you harp on Cassel more than you need to is to prove to everyone how stupid the Chiefs were not to go for Sanchez. Abd that's the way it always be with you and your buddies until the day the Chiefs win a Super Bowl.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
10-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Cassel looked like absolute garbage today. I mean absolutely incompetent. And that has nothing to do with Sanchez.

Mecca
I'm impressed that our 27 year old QB is marginally better than a 22 year old rookie, let me tell ya.

Meanwhile Ben Roethlisberger is 27, good comparison.

Dave Lane

Seriously? And the QB's we had before him that were better were???

dirk digler
10-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Cassel looked like absolute garbage today. I mean absolutely incompetent. And that has nothing to do with Sanchez.

Yep. To be fair though the whole team looked like garbage. It was an embarrassing performance in every phase of the game.

Mecca
10-25-2009, 04:15 PM
Seriously? And the QB's we had before him that were better were???

That is not the proper way to look at this, that is why this team hasn't won anything in 40 years.

Pioli Zombie
10-25-2009, 04:17 PM
That is not the proper way to look at this, that is why this team hasn't won anything in 40 years.
Perhaps they will call you on monday to run the team.
Posted via Mobile Device

Raised On Riots
10-25-2009, 04:20 PM
I can't wait to watch this torrent.

Pioli Zombie
10-25-2009, 04:22 PM
If only they had a different qb they'd go to the playoffs.
Posted via Mobile Device

RedThat

this team hasn't won anything in 40 years because they haven't had a team that is capable of competing on both sides of the ball.

Count Alex's Losses

fuck off

chiefs1111

You shouldn't. It's really not worth it

Raised On Riots
At the end of the fucking day, it doesn't fucking matter.

I'm impressed that our 27 year old QB is marginally better than a 22 year old rookie, let me tell ya.

Meanwhile Ben Roethlisberger is 27, good comparison.

As General Piolio takes another bite of fried chicken and cranks up, "Nothing you can say, can tear me away from MY guyyyyyyyy".

Brock
If only they had a better QB maybe he could hit wide open receivers downfield.

Pooch
10-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Let me get this right when the line couldn't block for Brodie last year it was his fault he got hurt but when Cassel sucks and throws for less than 100 yards it all the lines fault!!

Raised On Riots
10-25-2009, 04:23 PM
You shouldn't. It's really not worth it

Oh I should, and I really am.

Mecca
10-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Ponder this...

Cassel's picks cost the team 14 points at least...Haley cost the team 7 with his bonhead 4th down call in the 1st quarter...and Cassel cost the team 14 more points because he can't hit wide open guys.

Look how many points that is.

Raised On Riots
10-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Hold on, we gotta' get THIS ONE out of the way:

"Rebuilding, get over it".

There ya' go.

DJ's left nut
10-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Ponder this...

Cassel's picks cost the team 14 points at least...Haley cost the team 7 with his bonhead 4th down call in the 1st quarter...and Cassel cost the team 14 more points because he can't hit wide open guys.

Don't you know that we're actually an NAIA team full of HS level talent that should be happy when we stay within 14?

Try to make sure you don't actually examine HOW we got down by that much; just recognize that being down by that much is proof that we're expected to be down that much.

It's a spectacular bit of circular reasoning that keeps anyone with any responsibility for the success of this team from getting their hands dirty.

DJ's left nut
10-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Hold on, we gotta' get THIS ONE out of the way:

"Rebuilding, get over it".

There ya' go.

IT'S BEEN 6 GAMES!!

There, took care of that one.

dirk digler
10-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Ponder this...

Cassel's picks didn't cost us the game it was already out of reach by the time he threw his first INT with 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. 27-7

Raised On Riots
10-25-2009, 04:31 PM
"I can't believe what a bunch of short-sighted morans you Chiefs fan are".

-The Belicheat Ballwashers Club.

Yep, let's get that one off the table too.

DJ's left nut
10-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Cassel's picks didn't cost us the game it was already out of reach by the time he threw his first INT with 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. 27-7

Punt the ball when they should've and maybe the score is 20-7.

Hit the wide open deep ball to Charles and maybe the score is 20-14.

Maybe that pick matters at that point (oh wait, if he doesn't miss the two easy throws to Charles and Wade, the throw to Ryan isn't necessary; let's ignore that point for the time being).

Here's a thought - quit looking at the score to justify the score. The game wasn't lost until we made stupid mistakes to get it to that point.

dirk digler
10-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Punt the ball when they should've and maybe the score is 20-7.

Hit the wide open deep ball to Charles and maybe the score is 20-14.

Maybe that pick matters at that point (oh wait, if he doesn't miss the two easy throws to Charles and Wade, the throw to Ryan isn't necessary; let's ignore that point for the time being).

Here's a thought - quit looking at the score to justify the score. The game wasn't lost until we made stupid mistakes to get it to that point.

I agree we shouldn't have gone for it that was a dumb decision.
I agree Cassel made a horrible throw that should have been an easy TD

But it seems everyone on here has tunnel vision. The Defense gave up 304 yds and 20 pts in the first half. We aren't going to beat a high school JV team playing defense like that.

Overall the whole team sucked and the whole team lost this game not just one player.

HemiEd
10-25-2009, 04:47 PM

I agree, he was fucking horrible today. I was calling for Brodie at half time.

Mecca
10-25-2009, 04:48 PM
There's a big difference in the defense sucking when you realize most of those guys will be replaced and the so called franchise player sucking.

2bikemike
10-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Cassel is the QB. He is the best option we have. Does he have problems sure its called a lack of time to properly get the fugging job done. Its hard to grow when the opponet is constantly in your face disrupting your progression or the ability to set up plant and throw. When he does get a chance he's more than likely worried he's about to get slammed. You can line up anybody behind this line and they will struggle. The O-line has sucked for years and they've never fully addressed it.

This team is so devoid of talent that its sickening. We all need to chill the fug out and hope the current brain trust can fix the talent situation. There is no way we are going anywhere the next couple of years but hopefully things will turn around. This is what happens when you don't correctly restock the shelves before the expiration date of your stars. The only team that has been somewhat successful at it in this division is Denver. The other 3 teams have experienced major suckage. Its just our turn in the barrell.

2bikemike
10-25-2009, 04:49 PM

But it seems everyone on here has tunnel vision. The Defense gave up 304 yds and 20 pts in the first half. We aren't going to beat a high school JV team playing defense like that.

Overall the whole team sucked and the whole team lost this game not just one player.

This!

Tribal Warfare
10-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Cassel is the QB. He is the best option we have.

That's debatable

dirk digler
10-25-2009, 04:50 PM
There's a big difference in the defense sucking when you realize most of those guys will be replaced and the so called franchise player sucking.

And so will part of this offense will be replaced. It is what it is we suck at most positions and Cassel stunk it up today but let's not pretend he was the only one.

I think this is a total team loss starting with the head coach who made some stupid decisions.

DJ's left nut
10-25-2009, 04:51 PM

You'll get little argument from me on this front. Cassel sucked, but he's hardly alone in this regard.

The roster assembled by our overhyped GM and the 'performance' offered by our overmatched coaching staff conspired to create an absolute horseshit performance.

And yet we still weren't doomed to a loss. Halfway through the 3rd quarter all we needed was an inkling of execution on a simple go route where one of the few holdovers left on this team broke open to make this a ballgame. This Chargers team is incredibly beatable; it was right there for us despite all the scary stats from the 1st half.

You keep employing the worst kind of circular logic to defend an indefensible loss.

Mecca
10-25-2009, 04:52 PM
It's more telling that he missed 2 throws every QB in the NFL should be able to make than anything else.

Chiefnj2
10-25-2009, 04:53 PM
It's more telling that he missed 2 throws every QB in the NFL should be able to make than anything else.

Franchise QB's never have a bad game?

HemiEd
10-25-2009, 04:56 PM

Yeah, and one of them that was caught, was so poorly thrown, it prevented an easy TD.

DJ's left nut
10-25-2009, 04:57 PM
Franchise QB's never have a bad game?

Sure.

They tend to sprinkle a good one or two in there for good measure though.

Still waiting for Cassel to have a single game as good as the game Croyle put together against Baltimore.

That's hardly a high hurdle to clear, especially for a 'franchise' quarterback.

2bikemike
10-25-2009, 05:00 PM
That's debatable

Who you gonna put in Croyle? As much as Cassel gets hit how long do you think Croyle will last? Guiterrez? What the fug has he done?

If Cassel could get some protection and if they could get the damn running game going I am fairly certain you will see a different MC.

Cassel has 2 things going for him that the next best option on this team doesn't
1.) He stays healthy
2.) He's won more games as a Chief than Someone who has had twice as many starts for this team.

dirk digler
10-25-2009, 05:01 PM
You'll get little argument from me on this front. Cassel sucked, but he's hardly alone in this regard.

The roster assembled by our overhyped GM and the 'performance' offered by our overmatched coaching staff conspired to create an absolute horseshit performance.

And yet we still weren't doomed to a loss. Halfway through the 3rd quarter all we needed was an inkling of execution on a simple go route where one of the few holdovers left on this team broke open to make this a ballgame. This Chargers team is incredibly beatable; it was right there for us despite all the scary stats from the 1st half.

You keep employing the worst kind of circular logic to defend an indefensible loss.

There is no circular logic. The defense wasn't going to hold them out. You can't blitz the whole team and leave Jon McGraw vs Sproles. We can't allow one of the ST's players to come clean and block a punt and get an easy TD.

The whole team sucked big brass balls today including Cassel. There is no excuses for how bad they played.

Coogs
10-25-2009, 05:02 PM

Yep. If it would have just been today, you could say he maybe just had an off day, but we have seen the same stuff for six straight weeks. Brodie has looked like the best option for the team at this point, and that is not saying he really lit it up in week one.

And after 7 weeks, I have to admit I am a bit dissapointed in the product we have put on the field. I am having a hard time trying to figure out how they are going about trying to build this team. There is no one clear cut area of the team where you can see that progress is being made. And what is worse there seems to be no area that can be helped without multiple additions.

Not at all what I had hoped for at this point.

Tribal Warfare
10-25-2009, 05:03 PM
Who you gonna put in Croyle?

Damn right I would, the guy has more ability and makes better reads under pressure.

DJ's left nut
10-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Damn right I would, the guy has more ability and makes better reads under pressure.

Play him 'til he's hurt.

He's a better QB than Cassel.

Cassel's talent is commensurate with what he's been his whole life - a backup QB. May as well treat him like one.

Raised On Riots
10-25-2009, 05:06 PM
Play him tell he's hurt.

He's a better QB than Cassel.

Cassel's talent is commensurate with what he's been his whole life - a backup QB. May as well treat him like one.

LMAO Ouch.

baitism
10-25-2009, 05:15 PM
Stop calling Cassell a "franchise quaterback." I would bet decent money in 3-4 years he will be back to the role of back-up qb in the league somewhere (a role he is more suited for).

Chiefnj2
10-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Stop calling Cassell a "franchise quaterback." I would bet decent money in 3-4 years he will be back to the role of back-up qb in the league somewhere (a role he is more suited for).

In 3-4 he might be a backup, but for the next two years he's KC's QB. You may as well pull for the guy or hop on someone elses bandwagon until 2011.

Coogs
10-25-2009, 05:31 PM
In 3-4 he might be a backup, but for the next two years he's KC's QB. You may as well pull for the guy or hop on someone elses bandwagon until 2011.

The thing is, Haley has preached about playing guys who give us the best chance to win... regardless of the talent. When Cassel is making horrible throw after horrible throw and still gets to play, yet other guys are sent to the bench for making a play, but maybe not exactly what Haley wanted... :shrug:

Looks to me like that is not sending a message that is going to be well received week after week by the troops.

doomy3
10-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Well, I see Mecca was eagerly waiting for this day so he could beat a dead horse like usual.

Lex Luthor
10-25-2009, 05:37 PM
I was happy when the Chiefs traded for Cassel.

But I lost a little faith in him today. He was ****ing brutal. There's no way around that.

DJ's left nut
10-25-2009, 05:44 PM
Well, I see Mecca was eagerly waiting for this day so he could beat a dead horse like usual.

You're right.

He needed to wait until this particular Sunday to complain about Cassel's progressions, accuracy and decision making.

He may have to wait a whole 14 days to get this opportunity again.

milkman
10-25-2009, 05:48 PM
The thing is, Haley has preached about playing guys who give us the best chance to win... regardless of the talent. When Cassel is making horrible throw after horrible throw and still gets to play, yet other guys are sent to the bench for making a play, but maybe not exactly what Haley wanted... :shrug:

Looks to me like that is not sending a message that is going to be well received week after week by the troops.

Well, Cassel isn't the only sacred cow.

Mike Goff and Trudy Niswanger continue to get trotted out there week after week.

WilliamTheIrish
10-25-2009, 05:50 PM

Even when it's a bad day, somebody says something on CP to make me LMAO

milkman
10-25-2009, 05:53 PM

Mike Goff and Trudy Niswanger continue to get trotted out there week after week.

I forgot to mention Mike Brown.

Coach
10-25-2009, 05:53 PM
I am starting to have some doubts on Cassel now. I know the O-line is having major issues, but whenever he did had time, he completely missed a wide-open receiver several occasions, and when he did find a wide-open receiver, or a receiver that has a match-up advantage, he badly miss the receiver.

Coach
10-25-2009, 05:55 PM
I forgot to mention Mike Brown.

Yeah, he's terrible.

On a side note, I thought Smith did a better job at center than Rudy did. Of course, that's not saying much, since I haven't seen it on TV, since I was at the game.

Raised On Riots
10-25-2009, 05:55 PM
You're right.

He needed to wait until this particular Sunday to complain about Cassel's progressions, accuracy and decision making.

He may have to wait a whole 14 days to get this opportunity again.

Truth.ROFL

Noss
10-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Apparently to Haley and/or Pioli Cassel is the answer at QB.

Unless Pioli is doing this to the Chiefs for payback for taking Brady out for a year?

Dartgod
10-25-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm sick of watching Cassel hold on to the ball too long, make poor decisions, and throw inaccurate passes to wide-open receivers. If Pollard didn't take out Brady's knee last year, none of us would even know who in the fuck Cassel was.

milkman
10-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Yeah, he's terrible.

On a side note, I thought Smith did a better job at center than Rudy did. Of course, that's not saying much, since I haven't seen it on TV, since I was at the game.

Smith looked like an all pro at center compared to Niswanger.

Coogs
10-25-2009, 05:58 PM

I agree. I'm getting about done giving these guys (Haley and Pioli) the benifit of the doubt. Hopefully this bye week will result in some "changes" that aren't some stiff off of the street with past Patriot ties, but some common sense moves that shows this team is moving in the right direction.

Raised On Riots
10-25-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm sick of watching Cassel hold on to the ball too long, make poor decisions, and throw inaccurate passes to wide-open receivers. If Pollard didn't take out Brady's knee last year, none of us would even know who in the fuck Cassel was.

Or would even care.

Coach
10-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Smith looked like an all pro at center compared to Niswanger.

How did Richardson look at LT? I noticed he was in there when Smith moved to C.

Coach
10-25-2009, 06:00 PM
milkman, never mind. Saw you created a thread about it.

DeezNutz
10-25-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm sick of watching Cassel hold on to the ball too long, make poor decisions, and throw inaccurate passes to wide-open receivers. If Pollard didn't take out Brady's knee last year, none of us would even know who in the **** Cassel was.

Ironically, a couple of seasons ago Kevin Kietzman was arguing that the Chiefs should send a very late pick to NE to get some kid named Matt Cassel.

That would have been a fine deal.

WilliamTheIrish
10-25-2009, 06:04 PM

Yep. This is the hardest part to stomach. And it's a trend now. That's 3 consecutive games where he missed a chance at 7 that you just have to hit.

milkman
10-25-2009, 06:05 PM
I agree. I'm getting about done giving these guys (Haley and Pioli) the benifit of the doubt. Hopefully this bye week will result in some "changes" that aren't some stiff off of the street with past Patriot ties, but some common sense moves that shows this team is moving in the right direction.

This has been talked about ad nauseum, but this team would likely be further along had they concentrated on fixing the O-Line and WR in the this last offseason in the draft and free agency, and worked on switching to the 34 in the next offseason.

That's where the value of these drafts were.

We aen't further ahead by forcing the switch to the 34 this last offseason, and if Cassel does have any real upside, playing him behind this crap O-Line this season could destroy his confidence and ruin him.

To this point, I haven't seen any evidence that Pioli is some great front office mastermind.

He looks more like BB's yes man.