PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Lance Long can play.

Micjones
10-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Dane, your head probably exploded when Long appeared to have hauled in a TD catch from Cassel.

This kid showed up right away for this football team.
He's no world beater, yet, but it looks like he can play the game.

I look forward to seeing more of him as the season goes along.

I thought that was a TD catch, by the way...

JuicesFlowing
10-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Until he gets injured, he sure can.

Micjones
10-25-2009, 03:01 PM
He took a hell of a shot to his helmet.
A lot of WR's would've been woozy after that hit.

Mr. Laz
10-25-2009, 03:02 PM
he plays with speed ... decent routes and hands.

Deberg_1990
10-25-2009, 03:03 PM
I thought that was a TD catch, by the way...

It hit the ground..

But he showed some stuff today.

Easy 6
10-25-2009, 03:04 PM
He seems to have a bit of Waddle/Welker to him, but that almost td was clearly bobbled...

-King-
10-25-2009, 03:05 PM
We said that about Wade after the 1st week....

suds79
10-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Woah lets slow down the hype a little.

How many catches did the kid have? 1?

I love how the announcers were talking him up "he's a gritty player" on the incomplete touchdown pass.

Was that his best play? I'm not saying kick him to the curb. But I'm saying lets wait until he he catches more than oh.... 5 passes in a game before we mention his name again. Seriously.

Count Alex's Wins
10-25-2009, 03:24 PM
More athletic than Wade and probably faster.

Bowser
10-25-2009, 03:31 PM
I got your Lance Long right here.

Micjones
10-26-2009, 12:28 AM
All I said was "he can play".
I didn't call him a Pro Bowler or a special player or anything of the like.
I said he "can play".

Looked to me like he controlled the TD catch most of the way and it got jarred loose when his elbow hit the ground. I think by then though his knee had already touched. That was all about the initial call. I knew the replay wouldn't be conclusive one way or the other. If they had called that 6 from the beginning...I think it stands.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-26-2009, 12:30 AM
http://i37.tinypic.com/mrs712.gif

Dude's a fucking white Sippio.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-26-2009, 12:32 AM
I said he "can play".

Looked to me like he controlled the TD catch most of the way and it got jarred loose when his elbow hit the ground. I think by then though his knee had already touched. That was all about the initial call. I knew the replay wouldn't be conclusive one way or the other. If they had called that 6 from the beginning...I think it stands.

Oh give me a fucking break. That was an incompletion as clear as fucking day.

Discuss Thrower
Dude's a ****ing white Sippio.

Somewhere Marc Boerigter and Chris Horn are pissed the fuck off.

Chocolate Hog
Yea he's awesome! He dropped a beautiful throw for a touchdown

Short Leash Hootie
10-26-2009, 12:34 AM
good receivers make that catch...yeah, he looked good, breath of fresh air...but players fighting for a roster spot/fighting for something to prove make that catch (and it was clearly not a catch)...

He did take a hell of a shot and tried his hardest to get up...so I like the guy...he was almost a positive in the shittiest shit fest of a game I've ever witnessed as a fan.

Count Alex's Wins
10-26-2009, 12:35 AM
http://i37.tinypic.com/mrs712.gif

Dude's a fucking white Sippio.

Gifs forever! ROFL

Count Alex's Wins
10-26-2009, 12:36 AM
You know if Lance Long makes that catch, we get Bowe's TD, and Cassel hits Charles....21-20, Chiefs.

Fuck.

/wishful thinking

/ifs and buts

/candy and nuts

/white butts chocolate nuts

Short Leash Hootie
10-26-2009, 12:37 AM
dude...if Cassel hit Charles for that TD...yeah, it's 20-14...and all that means is we get to see Vincent go for 300 and Rivers throw 6 TD's...

rtmike
10-26-2009, 12:39 AM
Yea he's awesome! He dropped a beautiful throw for a touchdown

That was a nice throw. :clap:

He does whatever it takes to go after the ball regardless of how he may land. I like that.
For being brought in to help with special teams, Castle sure looked his way a bunch.

Count Alex's Wins
10-26-2009, 01:42 AM
dude...if Cassel hit Charles for that TD...yeah, it's 20-14...and all that means is we get to see Vincent go for 300 and Rivers throw 6 TD's...

You never know. We had just stopped them.

Shit happens.

BossChief
10-26-2009, 01:50 AM
Matt "overthrow" Cassel sux

patteeu
10-26-2009, 06:08 AM
I said he "can play".

You have to control it all the way to the ground, not just to the point where your knee touches. That rule doesn't really make sense to me, but I'm pretty sure that's the rule. I think the officials got the call right.

soundmind
10-26-2009, 07:32 AM
Dude's a ****ing white Sippio.

Wrong. Sippio was slow and had a decent preseason while we were the focus of an HBO special. Long was brought in, hopefully, because Haley knew about hima and his work ethic, and thought he could contribute - jury's out, but looked like he might someday soon.

God that game was hard to watch.

YayMike
10-26-2009, 07:39 AM
Our WRs blow, but that should be the least of our concern. When you are down that many points, the D can sit back and pick their shots, like that....

Coach
10-26-2009, 07:45 AM
When Long got KO'ed and he was woozy, was that a helmet-to-helmet? If so, I don't recall ever seeing a penalty on that particitular play.

patteeu
10-26-2009, 08:00 AM
When Long got KO'ed and he was woozy, was that a helmet-to-helmet? If so, I don't recall ever seeing a penalty on that particitular play.

Yes it was and no there wasn't. I won't be surprised if the offending defender gets fined for it but I wouldn't bet money that he will be either.

NY CHIEF
10-26-2009, 08:07 AM
Nice to see someone actually determined to catch a ball ROFL

Demonpenz
10-26-2009, 09:20 AM
he is a marc boerichter type of player

DJ's left nut
10-26-2009, 09:43 AM
Sorry, I'll take 'large, fast, and talented' over 'scrappy and hustling' every day.

Bowe catches that ball in the endzone because he wouldn't have had to lay out like that for it.

If we're ever in a position that we're relying on Lance Long as a viable WR option, we're in a hell of a lot of trouble. He may well be a strong ST player, but that's it.

Mr. Laz
10-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Sorry, I'll take 'large, fast, and talented' over 'scrappy and hustling' every day.

Bowe catches that ball in the endzone because he wouldn't have had to lay out like that for it.

If we're ever in a position that we're relying on Lance Long as a viable WR option, we're in a hell of a lot of trouble. He may well be a strong ST player, but that's it.
Bowe would dropped it because he was busy planning his touchdown dance.

Yo

Demonpenz
10-26-2009, 09:50 AM
bowe's work ethic is like a pregnant lady on a roller coaster

KcFanInGA
10-26-2009, 09:55 AM
bowe's work ethic is like a pregnant lady on a roller coaster

How would you know, or do you just like to make jokes based on things you heard on CP? And is that supposed to say Black Sheep Squadron under your pic? :eek:

DJ's left nut
10-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Bowe would dropped it because he was busy planning his touchdown dance.

Yo

In fairness, Bowe drops the ones he has a chance to think about.

Pure 'talent' plays like his catch in the end-zone or any # of grabs he's made in heavy traffic don't afford him the time to think it all through and he doesn't get in his own way.

He'd have made that catch.

Buehler445
10-26-2009, 10:56 AM
In fairness, Bowe drops the ones he has a chance to think about.

Pure 'talent' plays like his catch in the end-zone or any # of grabs he's made in heavy traffic don't afford him the time to think it all through and he doesn't get in his own way.

He'd have made that catch.

This.

He had been doing better. But yesterday was a letdown.

The thing is he is NOT like Welker. He plays with power. When the play requires he get nifty (all those fucking WR screens), he has to think about what he has to do. And then drops it.

On the plays that we need a quick pass, instead of a WR screen, I would rather see Bowe on a quick out or buttonhook or something then he can use his body. Plays like that (IMO) would get his confidence and focus back a little bit, then they would work on getting him to not press on WR screens.

It seems to me that he is pressing and not focusing. You can't play like that. I did that in highschool basketball. I'd try to execute everything perfectly instead of relaxng and playing the game. I really think that is happening to Bowe right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath58
10-26-2009, 11:01 AM
This.

He had been doing better. But yesterday was a letdown.

The thing is he is NOT like Welker. He plays with power. When the play requires he get nifty (all those fucking WR screens), he has to think about what he has to do. And then drops it.

On the plays that we need a quick pass, instead of a WR screen, I would rather see Bowe on a quick out or buttonhook or something then he can use his body. Plays like that (IMO) would get his confidence and focus back a little bit, then they would work on getting him to not press on WR screens.

It seems to me that he is pressing and not focusing. You can't play like that. I did that in highschool basketball. I'd try to execute everything perfectly instead of relaxng and playing the game. I really think that is happening to Bowe right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

I can't possibly imagine why he might be pressing.

Buehler445
10-26-2009, 11:10 AM
I can't possibly imagine why he might be pressing.

Sarcasm meter is on the fritz. You're being sarcastic, correct?

Also apologies for hijacking the n00b receiver thread.
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
10-26-2009, 12:03 PM
How would you know, or do you just like to make jokes based on things you heard on CP? And is that supposed to say Black Sheep Squadron under your pic? :eek:

that's taken right from my draft guide

Fish
10-26-2009, 12:24 PM
I thought it was eerily similar to Wade's first game with the Chiefs when he was the focal point of the passing game.

At any rate, Long did OK.... I'm just bothered more as to why we can't make existing WRs look as good as a guy's first game off the street...

Micjones
10-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Oh give me a fucking break. That was an incompletion as clear as fucking day.

We can agree to disagree Captain Badass, but I realize how any thought that it might've been complete would mean that "maybe the kid could play" and disrupt your weekly Chiefs bitchfest.

So... You're right...and carry on.

Micjones
10-26-2009, 12:42 PM
You have to control it all the way to the ground, not just to the point where your knee touches. That rule doesn't really make sense to me, but I'm pretty sure that's the rule. I think the officials got the call right.

I know the rule. Not one I particularly agree with, but I know it well.

Again, I thought it was a catch, but it's not a big deal.

Sure-Oz
10-26-2009, 12:48 PM
i love how our main targets are terrence copper and lance long

throw the damn ball to bowe

Micjones
10-26-2009, 12:50 PM
i love how our main targets are terrence copper and lance long

throw the damn ball to bowe

Agreed. Bowe needs to be the #1 option.

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2009, 01:42 PM

No offense but were you watching on a 19" standard def television?

On my 60" HDTV, it was clear as day that he didn't make the catch.

Quite honestly though, I'm puzzled as to why the guy was even on the field.

He just appears to be another version of Bobby Wade at this point.

Micjones
10-26-2009, 02:01 PM
No offense but were you watching on a 19" standard def television? On my 60" HDTV, it was clear as day that he didn't make the catch.

Good for you. You should've name-dropped the brand though. That might've helped to sway my opinion.

OnTheWarpath58
10-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Sarcasm meter is on the fritz. You're being sarcastic, correct?

Also apologies for hijacking the n00b receiver thread.
Posted via Mobile Device

Correct.

Buehler445
10-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Correct.

Thanks. Parts are on backorder :cuss:
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2009, 02:06 PM
Good for you. You should've name-dropped the brand though. That might've helped to sway my opinion.

You're an asshole.

Way to avoid the topic at hand.

Micjones
10-26-2009, 03:41 PM
You're an asshole.

That's a compliment coming from you Dane seeing as you know EVERYBODY who is ANYBODY.
:D

Way to avoid the topic at hand.

If you can characterize 'disagreeing with you' as 'avoiding the topic'...
I'm VERY evasive!
ROFL