PDA

View Full Version : Poop May be a little premature butů Haley in over his head?

MIAdragon
10-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Should we not see even a little progression from some of our young guys? If anything it seems most have taken a step or two back. IM not looking to make the playoffs just see us get a little better each week.

memyselfI
10-25-2009, 03:14 PM
We should. That should be the measure of a 1st year coach's success. Not seeing that equals epic fail.

Mr. Laz
10-25-2009, 03:15 PM
He's clearly in over his head right now.

Hopefully he has the potential to become a quality head coach.

HC_Chief
10-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Haley has made a lot of misakes. Firing the OC right before the regular season, assuming way too much responsibility, hiring Pendergast & forcinf a switch to the 3-4 when the personnel does not fit, playing musical chairs along the OL, poor playcalling, poor clock management...

I just hope he is learning from all of this. If he pulls the same shit next season he needs to be run out of town on a rail.

LaChapelle
10-25-2009, 03:16 PM
He will be grilled, smoked, charred, singed, rosted and put on a rotisserie over the bye.

Psyko Tek
10-25-2009, 03:25 PM
I think
he needs an OC
the guys got passion
and balls
we need both
but I don't think he can call plays for shit
and we NEEDan offensive line
jebus
i heard first sack of the year way to often today
cassel might be good but we ain' tgonna know that

Psyko Tek
10-25-2009, 03:25 PM
I think
he needs an OC
the guys got passion
and balls
we need both
jebus

Fritz88
10-25-2009, 03:28 PM
I think
he needs an OC
the guys got passion
and balls
we need both
jebus

Bowser
10-25-2009, 03:30 PM
It's his first year. Name me one head coach that came in his first year and made every right move, then translated that into success down the road. (And no, John Harbaugh doesn't count yet)

Discuss Thrower
10-25-2009, 03:38 PM
It's his first year. Name me one head coach that came in his first year and made every right move, then translated that into success down the road. (And no, John Harbaugh doesn't count yet)

Most first HCs don't last long enough to find any sort of success...

Count Alex's Wins
10-25-2009, 03:40 PM
We HAD been progressing until this game.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-25-2009, 03:41 PM
It certainly appears that way. I have been very dissapointed in him so far.

Still have to give him three years, or until he loses the team.

That is the one thing about a coach like Haley.... if they aren't winning, players will tune him out.

DeezNutz
10-25-2009, 03:41 PM
We HAD been progressing until this game.

Ok. lol.

Mecca
10-25-2009, 03:42 PM
Actually I think the Chiefs are what they are, they've been railed by every good team they've played.

They hung in with a underachieving Cowboys team that tried to give it to them and beat the Redskins who are an abortion.

MIAdragon
10-25-2009, 03:42 PM

Im not looking for "every right move" fucking baby steps would be fine, all I see is regression so far.

Mike Tomlin seems to be doing ok though...

BigRedChief
10-25-2009, 03:45 PM
Too early.

Which young players should be getting playing time over a vet? Charles continues to fumble in practice to warrant more live playing time? Who else?

Skip Towne
10-25-2009, 03:45 PM

Frank Ganz went 4-11 twice before Marty took it to 8-7-1 then 11-5.

Mecca
10-25-2009, 03:46 PM
I'd like to know why Morgan doesn't play when guys like Mike Brown and John McGraw are what are out there.

DJ's left nut
10-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Yes.

Haley is not ever going to be a good NFL head coach. He's a glorified high school coach that used his father's name to move up in the ranks. The Peter Principle will be in full effect here. Haley has clearly been promoted to the level of his own incompetence.

But evidently exercising independent judgment on this front makes me a retard. Afterall, Pioli has assembled many coaching staffs and he knows what it takes.

Oh wait.

DJ's left nut
10-25-2009, 03:48 PM
I'd like to know why Morgan doesn't play when guys like Mike Brown and John McGraw are what are out there.

Because Haioli didn't draft him and their arrogance prevents them from even attempting to coach people that came before them.

Count Alex's Wins
10-25-2009, 03:48 PM
But evidently exercising independent judgment on this front makes me a retard.

It does.

You can't judge any coach when he's coaching up the least talented roster in the league.

Bunit
10-25-2009, 03:52 PM
Mike Tomlin inherited a team one year off the super bowl. Haley inherited Herm and Carl's shit

DJ's left nut
10-25-2009, 03:53 PM
It does.

You can't judge any coach when he's coaching up the least talented roster in the league.

You're right. I should completely expect the team to regress every week. I should just ignore the fact that these guys have clearly quit on this lunatic.

A coach has never gotten a team to actually overachieve. Nevermind the fact that this roster has a few impact players on it that the damn lunatic has pretty well neutered in order to prove that he's the big dick in charge.

Think we could've acquired a player or two that Haley wasn't 'familiar with' that could've upped our talent level a little bit? Nah, that would've required Haley coach someone up a bit and he can't be asked to do that.

You folks just keep on waiting for him to be develop into a head coach. When he gets shit-canned in 2011 after the Chiefs continue to suck and we're all another couple of years older and further removed from a successful Chiefs season, I fully expect you to eat some crow.

Patience is only a virtue when progress is a possibility. Here's a hint - it's not.

Count Alex's Wins
10-25-2009, 03:54 PM
I should just ignore the fact that these guys have clearly quit on this lunatic.

No one out there quit today. That much was obvious even in defeat.

The Chiefs were progressing before today's game so knee-jerk reactions just make you look dumb...

Bunit
10-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Yes.

Haley is not ever going to be a good NFL head coach. He's a glorified high school coach that used his father's name to move up in the ranks. The Peter Principle will be in full effect here. Haley has clearly been promoted to the level of his own incompetence.

But evidently exercising independent judgment on this front makes me a retard. Afterall, Pioli has assembled many coaching staffs and he knows what it takes.

Oh wait.

K.

6 games. panic much

Mecca
10-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Well in fairness, Clay also still thinks LJ is good.

MIAdragon
10-25-2009, 03:56 PM
K.

6 games. panic much

How many do you need to see before it smacks you in the face?

MIAdragon
10-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Well in fairness, Clay also still thinks LJ is good.

Im not an LJ hater but damn he looks done.

LaChapelle
The man was seriously humbled today, let's see how the rookie handles it.

Skip Towne
You're right. I should completely expect the team to regress every week. I should just ignore the fact that these guys have clearly quit on this lunatic.

A coach has never gotten a team to actually overachieve. Nevermind the fact that this roster has a few impact players on it that the damn lunatic has pretty well neutered in order to prove that he's the big dick in charge.

Think we could've acquired a player or two that Haley wasn't 'familiar with' that could've upped our talent level a little bit? Nah, that would've required Haley coach someone up a bit and he can't be asked to do that.

You folks just keep on waiting for him to be develop into a head coach. When he gets shit-canned in 2011 after the Chiefs continue to suck and we're all another couple of years older and further removed from a successful Chiefs season, I fully expect you to eat some crow.

Patience is only a virtue when progress is a possibility. Here's a hint - it's not.

Agreed.

DJ's left nut
10-25-2009, 03:58 PM
No one out there quit today. That much was obvious even in defeat.

You really believe that?

That's fine. I'm comfortable that history will bear me out on this one.

You fellas keep sitting on your hands. Keep telling yourself that Todd Haley was the best hire we could've had; that he's ever going to amount to a great head coach. I'll talk to you again in a few years after Pioli scapegoats the psycopath.

I've seen all I need to see from this guy.

Bunit
10-25-2009, 03:58 PM

little more than 6. Also, with players that don't suck. Then it will knock me out.

Count Alex's Wins
10-25-2009, 03:59 PM
You really believe that?

You can pretty much tell when a team quits...the other team is running through gaping holes. Our run defense was surprisingly good in the second half.

Certainly Cassel didn't quit. He was throwing interceptions with heart! ZEAL!

DJ's left nut
10-25-2009, 04:01 PM

No, it's imperative that we simply piss away 2 years of our lives waiting for this guy to prove himself to be an inescapably shitty coach. That way we can all pat ourselves on the back and say "hey, at least we gave him a chance to prove he is overmatched."

No thanks - I'd need to actually see Haley do something before I'd give him that much rope. He came in here with a mediocre (at best) resume and a reputation for alienating his players.

All he's done since his arrival is cement all the red flags that came with him.

Fire this clown. All we're getting out of him as another season older...

Cosmos
10-25-2009, 04:08 PM
The fact that Haley intentionally disrespected every decent player on this team walking in the door... and the Pioli can't judge talent and has to stick to his coaching tree for players.... is a big RED FLAG for the organization.

Only looking for marginal progress; and I don't see it anywhere!

Davechief
10-25-2009, 04:11 PM

Mike Smith (Falcons)

DJ's left nut
10-25-2009, 04:12 PM
The fact that Haley intentionally disrespected every decent player on this team walking in the door... and the Pioli can't judge talent and has to stick to his coaching tree for players.... is a big RED FLAG for the organization.

Only looking for marginal progress; and I don't see it anywhere!

RETARD!!!

Haoli is a diety; it's like a football destroying minotaur.

One dare not question the Haoli until 48 games have passed, then and only then may we start to ask if the 1000 stupid MFing things they have done leading up to the 1001st were possibly harbingers of a really damn overrated regime.

Count Alex's Wins
10-25-2009, 04:13 PM
I'd need to actually see Haley do something before I'd give him that much rope.

If you don't think changing the entire culture of the team is something I just don't know what to tell you.

We went from a bunch of lazy pussies to a team of in-shape, accountable players that actually respect the head coach.

Cosmos
10-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Mike Smith (Falcons)

Josh Mc Daniels.

Mecca
10-25-2009, 04:14 PM
I saw him do something......putting in an entire new offensive playbook a week before the season.

Not that it was a good thing to do but it's something.

Mecca
10-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Mike Singletary is an example of a new coach that changed culture and got things done...Todd Haley is nothing like that.

DJ's left nut
10-25-2009, 04:15 PM
If you don't think changing the entire culture of the team is something I just don't know what to tell you.

We went from a bunch of lazy pussies to a team of in-shape, accountable players that actually respect the head coach.

Oh yeah, the team that's getting physically abused and prison raped weekly clearly appears to be both in-shape and respectful of this regime.

If I kept bringing in a bunch of hangers-on from my old job, they'd probably be pretty appreciative of the paycheck as well. That certainly doesn't mean they buy the shit I'm shoveling.

Go back to telling everyone how awesome Herm and Mike Brown are. Do you ever get tired of pulling your foot from your mouth?

DeezNutz
10-25-2009, 04:16 PM

"Changing the culture" is an empty phrase that people use to justify ineffectiveness.

It's the excuse that is often cited by people in leadership positions to deflect criticism. In academia, for example, when presidents face a vote of no confidence, they often defer to the "changing culture" as evidence of their success.

It's bullshit. All of it.

Count Alex's Wins
10-25-2009, 04:16 PM
I saw him do something......putting in an entire new offensive playbook a week before the season.

Not that it was a good thing to do but it's something.

It was actually, doofus.

Mecca
10-25-2009, 04:17 PM
Also there are horrible things witnessed in every game that have nothing to do with lack or talent or any of the things people go to.

Why did this team go for it on 4th and 1 at it's own 40 down by 7? There's something like that every single week.

DJ's left nut
10-25-2009, 04:17 PM
Mike Singletary is an example of a new coach that changed culture and got things done...Todd Haley is nothing like that.

Wait, you mean a coach can treat his players like adult, bring a physical edge to his team, win football games and NOT be a massive prick?

Vernon Davis had nowhere near the resume of Dwayne Bowe and had far larger attitude issues. Suddenly Singletary has him playing like a pro-bowler while Bowe is our offenses's 4th option.

But hey, I guess we've changed the culture, whatever the !@#$ that means. Still looks like a bunch of guys that get their asses kicked, dance when they make a play when down 20 and pour gatorade on their coach when they win a meaningless game against the biggest joke of a team in the NFL.

Yup, sounds like the paradigm has shifted...

keg in kc
10-25-2009, 04:18 PM
You fellas keep sitting on your hands. How are we supposed to type if we do that.

Anyway, show us how it's done, random guy on the internet. Initiate some change in arrowhead. Like between posts or something. Maybe start an online signature campaign. See if firetoddhaley.com is available. Be proactive. Show 1 arrowhead drive that DJ's left nut means business. You can do it.

DJ's left nut
10-25-2009, 04:18 PM
"Changing the culture" is an empty phrase that people use to justify ineffectiveness.

It's the excuse that is often cited by people in leadership positions to deflect criticism. In academia, for example, when presidents face a vote of no confidence, they often defer to the "changing culture" as evidence of their success.

It's bullshit. All of it.

Trey Hillman's been "changing the culture" for a couple of seasons now.

It's working well.

Mecca
10-25-2009, 04:19 PM
Basically what I've learned is GoChiefs will drink the Koolaid until he has no other option but to stop.

Mr. Kotter
10-25-2009, 04:20 PM
It's beginning to look that way....unless he turns around the some of the stupid shit-decisions he's been making.

DJ's left nut
10-25-2009, 04:22 PM
How are we supposed to type if we do that.

Anyway, show us how it's done, random guy on the internet. Initiate some change in arrowhead. Like between posts or something. Maybe start an online signature campaign. See if firetoddhaley.com is available. Be proactive. Show 1 arrowhead drive that DJ's left nut means business. You can do it.

I believe the way you're supposed to say this is "Scott Pioli can't hear you because he has Super Bowl Rings in his ears."

So sayeth the sheep with nothing of substance to add and no meaningful arguments to make to support their overhyped regime.

Just make a macro or something on your keyboard, you'll be needing that line many times over the next couple of seasons. The results on the field don't seem likly to vindicate you so you should keep pointing to history books (though I don't know how that helps with the whole 'inexperienced, overmatched, baggage laden head coach with no discernable resume outside of a few superhuman games from Larry Fitzgerald' issue).

2bikemike
10-25-2009, 04:53 PM
This may have already been said but IMHO where he is over his head is trying to be the head coach and O-coordinator. I think its just too much for a rookie head coach and probably for the average coach.

Chiefnj2
10-25-2009, 04:54 PM
Of course he's over his head. You don't fire your damn OC a week before the season starts. KC needs an OC and QB coach.

memyselfI
10-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Of course he's over his head. You don't fire your damn OC a week before the season starts.

Actually, that tells me he's a HOT head AND in over his head.

Fairplay
10-25-2009, 04:58 PM
It's his first year. Name me one head coach that came in his first year and made every right move, then translated that into success down the road.

John Mackovic

Lbedrock1
10-25-2009, 05:26 PM
It does.

Im tired of hearing this B.S. The chiefs have talent but lack coaching. Herm has a good eye for talent but cant coach. Haley cant coach, The team quit today and that is the end for the chiefs season. He has lost them and they will be lucky to win 1 more. I look at this team now and I wish we had kept herm. I really didnt want him coaching here but at least we were in the games til the end I just knew he would do something with his calls that would lose the game. We have a talented grp of players that dont know which direction to go. Like someone else said he doesnt want talented players he didnt pick and I predict that if the chiefs are smart they will be looking to replace him next year or we will get less talented with players he picks and still will not win and be in a deeper hole. He has signed player who have been out of the nfl and cut several times form different teams. Not one pickup has he made, has any of us saying now we are going to be better. I still say no to cassel, not because of cassel, but because of the O-line. We should have spent 60 million on the O-line and got a qb after that. Any one that tries to say we have a no talented team only watches the bad plays Now he did get rid of a talented to player to start McGraw because Mcgraw doesnt buck him. **** Haley he is a arrogant self-serving S.O.B who cant coach.

Fairplay
10-25-2009, 05:29 PM
He has lost them and they will be lucky to win 1 more. I look at this team now and I wish we had kept herm.

I can't believe you said this.

Wash your mouth out with soap and say 10 hail Mary's.

Count Alex's Wins
10-25-2009, 05:32 PM
Basically what I've learned is GoChiefs will drink the Koolaid until he has no other option but to stop.

How the fuck are you gonna judge a head coach when he has to deal with this mess?

And least Haley has a set of balls and plays to win. I'll take that for now.

DJ's left nut
10-25-2009, 05:36 PM
And least Haley has a set of balls and plays to win.

You're right.

The 3 yard routes on 3rd and 10, the draw plays on 3rd and 8, the Philly game, etc...

All look like a guy playing to win to me.

Going for it on 4th down, often foolishly, does not mean one is playing to win. Herm never intentionally folded the tents at halftime like Haley did against Philly.

I'm sure we'll see a "Toddal annihalation" campaign from you in the near future just like Herm Warfare.

When you're not being a mindless homer, it's only because you're being a brainless weathervane.

Rausch
10-25-2009, 05:39 PM
How the **** are you gonna judge a head coach when he has to deal with this mess?

And least Haley has a set of balls and plays to win. I'll take that for now.

That's exactly how you judge him - based on how he deals with this mess.

Do we get better over time and more competitive or just continue to play like the 3-13 (if we're lucky) team we look destined to be...

Count Alex's Wins
10-25-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm sure we'll see a "Toddal annihalation" campaign from you in the near future just like Herm Warfare.

That's cute.

You should run with that.

Lex Luthor
10-25-2009, 05:43 PM
Frank Ganz went 4-11 twice before Marty took it to 8-7-1 then 11-5.
(sigh)

Those were good times.

Lbedrock1
10-25-2009, 06:11 PM
I can't believe you said this.

Wash your mouth out with soap and say 10 hail Mary's.

Im sorry please forgive me Im just so frustrated. I have to pay to watch the chiefs and I dont want to feel like Im wasting my money.