PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Matt Cassel the 63 B(m)illion Dollar man

carlos3652
10-25-2009, 06:48 PM
This probably doesnt deserve its own thread, but i am tired of hearing this phrase thrown out there anytime someone complains about him...

geez, give it a rest... this is more tiring than the Cassel/Sanchez bickering... its getting old.... fast...

Cassel was going to get paid 15 Million dollars this year regardless of what his contract with the chiefs would have been...

He was granted 28 M Guaranteed period.... so if anything we franchised for two years prematurely....

The CAP needed to be met, so im glad we did it to meet the floor.... this is the exact same situation with bledsoe in 2000-2001 - he signed a 103 M dollar contract yet he wasnt worth that much... guess who was there when bledsoe's contract was made, Pioli...

If Cassel BLOWS consistently and does not show improvement he will be gone after 2011... and we only blew 28M that we needed to BLOW somewhere this and next year...

My rant is done, im not in favor of Cassel, and Im not against him, I want him to do well, im just really tired of this 63 M dollar man tag thats been put on him...

Rant over... we sucked today... im done...

cdcox
10-25-2009, 06:51 PM
I agree that the $63 M was chump change. The shot at a franchise QB was not.

KC kid
10-25-2009, 06:51 PM
I agree. People that bring up what he makes all the time think they're clever, but really just are jealous of the money.

Raised On Riots
10-25-2009, 06:56 PM
He can make 500 billion for all I care*

*As long as he plays better than Matt Cassel.

Bane
10-25-2009, 06:57 PM
This probably doesnt deserve its own thread, but i am tired of hearing this phrase thrown out there anytime someone complains about him...

geez, give it a rest... this is more tiring than the Cassel/Sanchez bickering... its getting old.... fast...

Cassel was going to get paid 15 Million dollars this year regardless of what his contract with the chiefs would have been...

He was granted 28 M Guaranteed period.... so if anything we franchised for two years prematurely....

The CAP needed to be met, so im glad we did it to meet the floor.... this is the exact same situation with bledsoe in 2000-2001 - he signed a 103 M dollar contract yet he wasnt worth that much... guess who was there when bledsoe's contract was made, Pioli...

If Cassel BLOWS consistently and does not show improvement he will be gone after 2011... and we only blew 28M that we needed to BLOW somewhere this and next year...

My rant is done, im not in favor of Cassel, and Im not against him, I want him to do well, im just really tired of this 63 M dollar man tag thats been put on him...

Rant over... we sucked today... im done...

Well you will find no bigger hater of Cassel than me,that said I've taken it a lil easier on him lately cause I do understand that no matter what the 6 years deal is worth,if he doesn't work out 2 years might be all we have to worry about it.I not so worried about the money,we prob would have tied up that much or more in a rookie at 3 so whatever.I just don't like the guy,and think he was the direct product of great players around him and good coaching.Maybe in 5 years when we have those same things in place he will work out.

Simplex3
10-25-2009, 06:58 PM
I agree that the $63 M was chump change. The shot at a franchise QB was not.

They also passed on shots for franchise safeties, corners, linebackers, offensive linemen, running backs, wide receivers, tight ends, punters, and kickers. What's your point?

Bane
10-25-2009, 07:00 PM
They also passed on shots for franchise safeties, corners, linebackers, offensive linemen, running backs, wide receivers, tight ends, punters, and kickers. What's your point?

Clearly if we have a franchise Qb,all of those others are not needed...ROFL

Noss
10-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Sorry for getting money amount wrong on a piss poor 14.9 QB rating day for the QBOTF named Matty McCassel.

He still sucks no matter the amount of money!

Raised On Riots
10-25-2009, 07:01 PM
Clearly if we have a franchise Qb,all of those others are not needed...ROFL

We have a franchise QB? When did this occur?

Simplex3
10-25-2009, 07:01 PM
Sorry for getting money amount wrong on a piss poor 14.9 QB rating day for the QBOTF named Matty McCassel.

:shake:

cdcox
10-25-2009, 07:02 PM

QB is the most important position.

We haven't ever drafted and developed our own QB.

Bane
10-25-2009, 07:03 PM

Shit happens.Look at the Niners today.Alex Smith actually played his ass off today.Maybe Cassel will come around.....ROFL

Simplex3
10-25-2009, 07:05 PM
QB is the most important position.

We haven't ever drafted and developed our own QB.

QB obviously isn't that important, all I read over here now is how Pioli screwed up by getting a QB and not getting offensive linemen. That must mean offensive linemen are more important that QBs.

By most accounts all the people who left NE and knew Cassel tried to get him this off season. Either they're all wrong, or the Chiefs won.

Bane
10-25-2009, 07:08 PM
We have a franchise QB? When did this occur?

Oh yeah....My bad I thought we traded for Brady.You mean to tell me we traded for their back up and then took a player at #3 that we could have traded down 10 spots and still got with extra picks??????:cuss::cuss::cuss:

Simplex3
10-25-2009, 07:11 PM
Oh yeah....My bad I thought we traded for Brady.You mean to tell me we traded for their back up and then took a player at #3 that we could have traded down 10 spots and still got with extra picks??????:cuss::cuss::cuss:

Shit, you should have called Pioli and told him which team you had ready to make that trade. Guess you're the asshole here.

Bane
10-25-2009, 07:13 PM
Shit, you should have called Pioli and told him which team you had ready to make that trade. Guess you're the asshole here.

I think its called sarcasim,but the asshole I'll take as a compliment.Thank you.

Raised On Riots
10-25-2009, 07:44 PM
I think its called sarcasim,but the asshole I'll take as a compliment.Thank you.

LMAO

Well, we tried multiple "GM Of The Year", but I think Huggy Bear can do better:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LxDoge3Z3pU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LxDoge3Z3pU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>